cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February Chemo Starters 2018

Community Champion

Re: February Chemo Starters 2018

Weeburd, did you manage to get your line in? Sorry I’ve been off the site for a little while.xx

Moijanx

Community Champion

Chrissy, sorry you’ve been told not to have any other therapies during chemo...I’ve found reiki really helpful for reducing side effects and getting off to sleep...I did the course a week before 1st chemo tho, so I tend to do it on myself...but am also having  it from a reiki therapist at Macmillan.     

I sometimes wonder if gps understand Reiki.....it’s very gentle, not hands on and rebalances the energy.

however, I wish you well Chrissie.xxxx

Moijanx

Afternoon all - feeling mostly back to normal again now (day 12 ,2nd FEC).Took a bit longer to get going again this time hope number 3 isn't worse.Have been told cycle 3-4 from fec to Docetaxol can sometimes be the roughest time for some (accumulation of the fec hitting the initial effect of the T)?? Not sure if this is good to know  or again are we all affected differetly. 

Bibi - like you I  need to get through the chemo then on to a mastectomy/node clearance.l have been offered a temporary implant ( but BCN has suggested this may be damaged by radiotherapy).Think l will cross this bridge when I come to it. Still only just coming to terms with no hair.Been out in my wig a couple of times now but feels hot and itchy and adds to headaches and irritability with pressure on my head 😔

On a positive - got out with family last night to the cinema to watch Peter Rabbit - bit of light relief! Was a little concerned though as plenty of kids coughing!! Had a meal after - appetite currently back on 😃

Many of you had snow again?. We had had a couple of inches ( warmer here on the south coast).ok to model my bobble hats rather than wig in this weather but still looking for a soft cool hat that doesn't announce I am having chemo 😞.

Thinking of everyone- hoping all that needed have their lines in ( my picc line has been great) and I have mastered the art of having a bath and not getting it wet ( l prefer a bath anyway).Do my injections after - my hospital gives me 5 days worth starting from day 5.

Good luck to those getting through treatment this coming week xxx

Afternoon all - Day 3 of round 3 - feeling quite good but taking it steady not doing much, only things that can be done on sofa, reading, knitting and making frequent requests of hubby for drinks and food. 

Jude hope you are OK -must be hard managing without your hubby - must be good to have him back this weekend. 

Flora thanks for that info re surgery. I have to have mastectomy after this chemo - trying not to think about it at the moment - not so much the surgery but how I will feel after it 😕 . Reconstruction won’t be till next year but glad to have some info it. 

Have a good weekend everyone x

Hi Cuddles
I’ve had a back flap with implant reconstruction on my right side and it went really well. The back scar line is under the bra strap, and the front has two scar lines. But I’m not showing my boob to anyone except my husband, who doesn’t care, so I didn’t get a nipple made. The op took 2 or 3 hours - it was quicker than expected anyway - and then I had to come back regularly for top ups to the implant as it was filled and stretched over time. Apart from having to drive to Swansea a lot (where the plastic surgery is done around here), it was quite straightforward. I had my recon done about 3 years after my mastectomy though. I couldn’t have it all done at the time as we thought I was pregnant and they didn’t want want me in surgery for too long. (Turns out I wasn’t - I had an ‘anembryonic pregnancy’ where the egg hadn’t quite worked but the body had reacted as if it had).

I find the worst thing about surgery is sickness afterwards, and carrying drains with you. I had them for a good week after my mx. But in the grand scheme, that’s not long. As long as you do your exercises to stretch it all out, it all comes good in the end.

Hi cuddles just wanted to ask what you wanted to know about implant op. I’m triple neg and had a right mast reconstruction and implant 2 weeks after diagnosis . It was ok and I feel like I was pretty good by week 5 but I also had node biopsy and have cancer in nodes so now need radio after this horrible chemo. The surgeon was so surprised it had spread so there’s a risk of capsuation when I have radio. So it depends what other treatments are needed.I presume you’ve had chemo first before surgery??
I am on day 4 of 2nd cycle and feel like a zombie and miserable it’s so horrible isn’t it , making me feel quite low and I’m not normally like this xx

Good luck everyone xx big hugs xx

That's v interesting Lola, many thanks for sharing. I would have liked to have known some more about surgery as that's waiting for me at the end of this. I don't know if I should go the diep or the implant way for one boob. Rather horrified that things got nasty with your chemo...

I'm day two after second ec chemo. First day I felt fine, today not...v confusing. Though yesterday made chicken soup which is sustaining me plus cream cheese and smoked salmon bagels. Seems Jewish food is the most appetizing to me right now. 

Hair is falling off lots now. I feel ugly and fat and mis. UGH

Morning all ! 

Really impressed Flora with you planning to do that hike. I did quite a bit of cycling over the last few years for charity including a couple of overseas trips which were brilliant fun - ladies only so no pressure to be fast especially up the hills ! However i did soon realise that im not a great lover of cycling - it was more the challenge and spending time with friends that appealed. Saying that yesterday was lovely and sunny here and i thought a gentle ride might be an idea  - just need to get the bike ready...seat not on and flat tyres ! I started back at the gym last week with my trainer and feel so much better for it - aching a bit but the mental buzz is great. 

Interesting to hear about the injections - once for you Flora, 3 days for Chrissy and Bibi and i have a week ! 

Chrissy - that car parking amount is appalling, be interesting to see what their response is. Those impending financial issues is something you could do with out too. Luckily it's not an issue for me as i work at the hospital so although i have continued to pay £13 month out of my wages whilst being off, it just makes it easier. Oncology pts having treatment do get free parking as well. I also saw a notice yesterday in the breast clinic saying that if your appt has been delayed they will reduce the fee. My mum also has breast cancer amongst other health issues so i spend a fair bit of time at the hospital ! All in all they are pretty accomodating in Lincoln. 

Bibi - sounds like you have all the drugs you need ! Hope all goes ok for today. 

All ready for cycle 3 tomorrow. Also looking forward to hubby coming home in a couple of weeks - he works abroad on a 6 week rotation so havent seen him since just after cycle 1. Friends and family have been great but could just do with a big hug - my ever growing 13 yr old son tries his best but the lure of the PS is just to great sometimes ! 

Thinking of you all - take care xx

Hi all

Just thought I would just added to the parking issues we all seem to have. I have to say since my treatment started I have not incurred any charges. My hospital, Kettering in Northants, gives free parking if I am having treatment which also includes having my PICC line cleaned. I just have to give the car registration number. Can honestly say it's been great as the charges were starting to add up prior to treatment. I am very thankful.

Love n hugs to you all.

T

X

Evening ladies - really appreciating the support on here.Have been in a closed breast cancer Facebook site and have had to block the feeds as all too much.Its good to gain positive advice on here but to try and get some normality and non cancer related interactions I am finding so important.I like others here feel better for sharing the bad bits but also feel guilty and humble as I know there are others worse off.l have a 21 and 22 year old that are reasonably independent and a supportive husband.I have been able to shut myself away on the bad days and focus on myself.It must be so hard for those with young family.I am also fortunate that I have onsite parking (I work as a hospital nurse)- however I have prepaid out of my wages.Our hospital in Portsmouth just give a concession voucher for chemo day.

Amazed by all trying to work / flora with your exercising!

Hoping to regain some activity this coming week.

Thinking of you all xx

Community Champion

Thank you Fiona...port tomorrow am...and very apprehensive. Woke with sciatica and later, chest pain....all stress of course.

moijanxx

Hi Bibi
Glad you coping its hard isn’t it ?
Well I’m glad you just mentioned car parking.
I emailed my local MP yesterday to date I have spent. £75 , a month ago I paid another £20 and got a pass for the month so that helped but been told now can’t have another pass unless you attend 3 times a week . The private car parks are generating £25 k aweek for the car park charges and no money goes back to hospital. I will be going on half pay in June and it really concerns me as I’ve been told I’m not entitled to anything and I am the bread winner in our house hold so it’s difficult I would try to work but can’t as I work in the community with children so definite no no x
Anyway end of Moan but I feel strongly about hospital charges
Take care everyone x

Thanks everyone for your support - it does help. Feeling a bit less tired after my quiet day but not 100% 😕

Went to have my bloods done - massive queue for car park - managed to get in and out before hubby had got into car park !😂😂 Saved using one of the parking allowances - how does parking work for you all?. We had to buy a pass for £10 - but it gives 20 visits which obviously saves loads of money - especially as each chemo week has 3 appointments.

Anti sickness meds for me are - Emend for 3 days, something on chemo day as a little sheet that melts in mouth plus some steroids, Ondosterone and Dexamethaseone on days 2-4 , Domperidone ( wish it was Dom Perignon) I can take anytime 3 times a day. 

Injections for 7 days- try ibuprofen and antihistamine with Loratadine in them and Epsom salts baths for the aching bones. 

Have a good evening xx

Hi flora
I had back ache on cylce 1 ofFEC I wasn’t given gcsf injections and even though I was neutropenic they wouldn’t give me for my cycle 2 on Monday but I was sent home with 3 days worth but not had any back ache as yet . Fingers crossed x
I also had terrible spots mainly on back and face but they did go eventually felt like a teenager x
You’re so lucky to go away I have a 12 and 16 year old girls so it’s been really hard to go anywhere and a husband who works every other weekend . Have a fab time and you are amazing doing the wye valley hike x
Chrissy68

Hi All

Ooh, a walk by the sea sounds wonderful.   We're off for a long weekend in the caravan at The Lizard just before my next round, so I look forward to getting buffeted by the wind on the sea front there.    It is so easy to over do things though. You get carried away with the thrill of feeling vaguely normal, until you realise you're not quite that strong yet!   I've signed up to do a Macmillan Mighty Hike around the Wye Valley in August - 26 miles - but can't seriously start training until this is done.  In the meantime I'm doing my usual 1-3 mile walks with the dog. 

Hope Thursday appointments go well - Bibi next's round and Moijan's port. And your port next week, Wee Burd.     Julie, I'm finding the day after treatment is still one of my 'great' days.   I felt super energetic last time. But I then stiffen up and crash a bit on the day after that.

Re: GCSF/filgrastim injections, I hadn't realised lots of people have to have daily ones.   8 years ago and this time, I've been given Neulasta (last time) and Lonquex (this time) which are both just one injection.  Last time I was only given them after my bloods didn't come back in time, but this time they've given them to me from the very start. 

Has anyone else had any lower back/kidney pain?  I had quite a bit of that yesterday, so am sticking to drinking just water with lemon to try and help it along.  I'm now on Day 8 of this cycle so think it is the bit when everything starts breaking down a little bit, before it comes back again.  I also get a few extra facial spots and more diarrhea at this point in the cycle.

Sorry Bibi i meant hope you get on on Thursday x by the way it was FEc I had too x

Hi Bibi
Hope you get in Tuesday they changed my meds on my second round to ondansteron cyclizine Dexamethasone emend lansoperazole and Gcsf injection . The ondansteron and cyclizine has made such a difference this time I haven’t been sick at all and only a tiny bit nauseated yesterday and not so lethargic. What anti sickness have you got did they alter them last time .
Hope you not so bad I was like that Sunday worried about the next day x and by the way it’s healthy to Moan especially on here . Good luck xx

Bibi - that 3rd week is a breath of fresh air but lulls you into a false sense of security. Just when you crave normality it can bring you down with a crash. As i've said before we are all different and we are all learning whats right for us so dont be too hard on yourself. As for having a moan if you cant on here where can you - moan away !! Take care and enjoy the rest xx

Good luck with the bloods and the next round Bibi. I know exactly what you mean about sea air - it feels so good and is a real pick-me-up. Rest up and gather your strength and fingers crossed that the side effects are kept to the minimum.

Chrissy and Macneech hope the nausea and exhaustion is wearing off now and you're beginning to get back on the upswing.

Good luck everyone with the next stage.

Evening everyone - I’m just sending everyone hugs as we all seem to be having a few niggkes and things to sort. 

I’m due to have round 3 of my FEC on Thursday - have been away overnight visiting family - felt great but think I overdid it again today. Went for a longish walk by the sea - live so far from it that I was longing to feel the sea breeze - was a gorgeous day and really enjoyed it. Then went to an exhibition, but think I went to long without food or had just done too much as I felt really faint - almost hypo - and had to sit down and eat and drink. Took ages to shake it off - scared myself a bit - so tomorrow after giving my blood before chemo I intend to do nothing to make sure I can do round 3. 

Im not looking forward to that feeling of nausea and having to be horizontal for a few days - now I know what’s coming it’s horrible. 

Sorry this sounds like a moan - have been feeling quite upbeat but am really tired. 

Stay well everyone and look after yourselves. 

Evening all.  Well was a bit daft today, had 2nd treatment yesterday, got up this morning and felt a bit tired but ok so decided to go to work,  struggled with tiredness all day so may have a couple of days off, will wait and see tomorrow but not going to push myself,  not worth it, dont win any medals.

Wee Burd,  good news about the line,  I know the delay is a pain but it will be fine after next week.  I love Scotland,  the Isle of Mull is my favourite place,  its so peaceful and relaxing,  cant wait to be able to go and again when all this is over with. Dont think I could drive all that was at the minute,

Chrissy68.  tried my wigs on,  they dont look right, I had a blonde one which i wore all the time last time,  and a darker one,  ive lost 3 stone since my last chemo and i think with the way my face has changed shape, its a lot thinner now, I am going to have to get a new one that suits me, disappointed as could do with out the expense but will try and be sensible and get one near the £90 voucher amount and not a dear one.  just need to get round to making an appointnent now to go and get one. 

Hope everyone else is well and coping OK.

Take care all xx

Wee Burd - Good to hear you've got a date to get things sorted. Enjoy the break. I have found the social side of all this so uplifting - great to catch up and spend time with friends ! xx

Chrissy - so good to hear you have got going again and also about the injections. Take care and hope the SE arent too bad over the next few days. xx

Moijan - good luck for thursday ! xx

Community Champion

Yes, weeburd that IS a scunner, if ever I saw one.......and I kind of thought you must be up there due to the wee  burd name.

my port goes in on Thursday .....though the person I was hoping would put it in may not now, now That also. Feels a scunner because I have been working up to having this done for about 18 months and was hoping he would do it!  

best of of luck to you tho, hoping you don’t have to wait too long xx

Moijanx

Hello ladies,

weeburd- so glad you having line next week keep

strong.

jude51- thanks for hydration advice. You are so lucky you’ve not had fatigue

miss green - hope you feeling well

kitty75 - I’m joining you on rattling with pills

macneech- hope you feel a little better soon x

moijan - I’ve asked for reiki waiting for gp to allow it been told not to have any other therapies during chemo .

Jujube - have you managed to get on with your wigs yet ?

cuddles79- hope you coping with hair loss

if I’ve forgotten anyone I hope you are coping well.

so yesterday I finally had my 2nd Fec after being neutropenic . They have prescribed ondansterone and cyclizine this time and finally Gcsf for 3 days ( I was told before that I couldn’t have it) . Yesterday I felt like chemo coma was in bed at 5pm TIL 8 this morning !,but I’ve had no sickness and touch wood nausea unlike the last time. I’m just tired and a little reflux and rattling with all the medication. Fingers crossed x

Good luck to everyone xx

Hi All, hope you're all well today. My spirits are being lifted by some sunshine and blue skies although still feeling scunnered (as we say in Scotland). I can't get the line in this week so round 2 has been postponed again until next week when I should get the line in and get the chemo on Wednesday. In some ways the waiting is worse than the treatment! Still, it means I should be able to catch up with a couple of friends before the next round starts although we will now have to cancel a short hotel break that we had booked on impulse thinking that it would be in my "good" week. Hey ho - I suppose these are the ups and downs of cancer treatment.
Keep well everyone. Big hugs all round x
Community Champion

Macneewh, I’m pretty sure that dehydration makes things worse...in fact my temp went up last time I was dehydrated, alsoa gp told me that there are always a couple of bugs in or near the bladder entrance and poor hydration can allow them to increase...makes sense to me. Hope you feel. Better soon

Mxx

Hi Macneech - could the headaches be from the injections ? I didnt get the backache this time but more headaches - onc said quite possibly they are causing it...went off after they finished. Ive been getting sweats at night - must be the effect of chemo in lowering oestrogen. I try and not wrap myself up when i go to sleep and also might invest in one of those chillows (cool pilllow). I also need to drink at least 2 litres daily. Must admit i've not had the fatigue but i guess you just need to listen to your body on that one - fresh air when possible. Next cycle im having an extra couple of days of steroids at a reduced dose to try and make the side effects a little less miserable (usually day 6-7) Fingers crossed or it might just delay the inevitable...we shall see next week ! Not sure if thats any help but good luck xx

Weeburd - waiting sucks. Did you hear back from your BCN ? x

Miss Green - hope today went ok and the side effects arent so bad x

Community Champion

Just popping on to say hi ladies.  I finished my chemo in October and I'm coming up to a year since diagnosis.  Just wanted to let you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I've created a blog to share experience and advice so please take whatever you can from it.  https://lifeafterlola.blogspot.co.uk/

Love and best wishes to you all. Xxx

Hi all
I know what you mean Teresa about rattling with all this medication, never taken so many pills! And these awful injections I HATE them!!
Hope you feel better second time around.

Macneech am on same day/cycle as you although on TC not FEC and I too can only manage 5 mins upright before having to lay back down. So tedious can't believe I used to run 3x 5 km a week a few months ago can barely get up stairs at the mo..
I am having loads of headaches too not sure if SE of cold cap or treatment?? Think I need to drink more but just don't seem to be able to.

Weeburd I do hope your BCN rang you back with plan re PIC. Must be so frustrating for you.

Jujubee thanks for hair advice. Appreciate it.

And cuddles hope your having a better day today and that you ve managed to rest.

Take care everyone xx

Hi all just checking in. Hope you're all as well as you can be.

Sorry you've not had your PICC line yet WeeBurd. I can honestly say I am so pleased I had it done.

I had an apt with the Oncologist before round 2 today because of the side effects. I found out I am already on a reduced dosage of Docetaxel of 75% and therefore it can't be reduced again. I didn't know i was on reduced. Onc thinks it's this that caused the dizzy/disorientation and not the chemo tablets. He asked if I had been on it before and I think I have but it was so long ago .... FEC-T ( i believe the T is taxotere which is Doxetaxel). At least I know what to expect now. Have an apt to see him again on 28th before cycle 3 to see how I am doing. Got extra steriods and tablets for oral thrush....... shake me and I will rattle 😉

Love n hugs to you all

Teresa

X

Checking in - day 6 2nd Fec. Feeling really blergh- as last time round.Can do a little activity for about 10 mins then need to be flat out again 😣.waking with hot sweats and headaches - is this the dehydration from the immunity dip? Need to get on top of it as I know I will hopefully start feeling better for week 2-3.Grateful for any tips to get through though.Big hugs to everyone xx

Community Champion

Btw Cuddles, to get your photo on a post, you either have to upload it to your profile, or save it in your device’s photos, then click on the square black picture icon on the row above and insert it that way..... usually copy and paste doesn’t work XX

Community Champion

So sorry you are feeling downxx it’s very very unpredictable isn’t it? Weeburd, 

‘’Hope you get your line in soon...I’m having mine on Thursday and very apprehensive, tho have had loads of support from others on the forum who all say it’s not that traumatic and that it was the best decision they ever made.....it’s partly the waiting isn’t it? 

‘’Anyway fingers crossed for you. Can you get to an complementary therapist nearby? I had some reiki today...and am feeling much better after, just a thought...or even a short walk, coffee with friends?

lots of love weeburd, you have been so supportive to this groupxx

Moijanxx

Feeling a bit down today. I was expecting to have a letter from the hospital about getting the line in tomorrow but all I got was a letter giving me another oncology appointment in 2 weeks. Have phoned to find out what's happening and waiting for a phone call from the breast care nurses. Feeling as if I just have to hang about and wait instead of getting on with my day.
It doesn't help that my hair is now coming out. No actual bald patches yet but it feels much thinner than usual.
Moijan I had sensitive skin around my jaw line and across my shoulders during week 1/2 of my first FEC but I don't think paclitaxel is one of those drugs.
Keep well everyone. Be good to yourselves.
Community Champion

Oh know what cuddles. I kind of made the same mistake last week..felt good day after chemo so walked quite a long walk(for me) and did a bit too much. Of course next day was a blow as it hit me and since hasn’t really let upmuch, except I discovered I’m not drinking enough, so that hasn’t helped.

need to drink at least 5 pints of water..more if possible.and of cours being busy makes me put that aside.

Mx

Cuddles - don't be too hard on yourself....its all a steep learning curve. I think we all learnt things after the first cycle so now you know for next time. xx

Aawww Cuddles. Hope you feel ok soon.  Take some pain killers if you need to. Don't fight it.   They say  listen to your body but sometimes it doesn't tell you until it's to late. 

I understand about the coldcap.  I did it 2 years ago when i had chemo and by the 3rd session I had to wear a paper hat as I had lost so much hair. And it's uncomfortable and adds so much time to the session. So i stopped. Havent dine it this time.  Had to shave my hair friday as it was coming out so fast.  Only issue is i dont like my wigs anymore,  tried them on yesterday and hated ghem.  Ive lost 3 stone sincd last time so ghink my facd has changed that much they look awful.  Trying with scarves this time. Wouldn't go out last time without my wig.  Head still a bit sore at the minute so scarves are definitely better.  

Kitty75.  I had a friend that cold capped and it worked for her. Although she did stop after the 3rd session as she didnt liks it.  But a woman that my husband works with has just finishec 6 sessions and cold capoed and still has a decent amount of hair so I would definitely say to anyone to try it if they want to. Everyone is different.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.  Good luck to everyone having treatment this week.

Take care xx

Hi everyone
The hair thing is a real issue isn't it? Such s huge part of us. IWould rather another round of surgery than lose my hair. I completely admire everyone who has shaved their heads. Miss Green you look great not sure i would suit it. I am Day 5 2nd TC and am using cold cap (used both times) have lost handfuls and handfuls of hair have a sort of thin bald spot on crown of head ( now in competition with hubby!😉) But am still desperate for cold cap to work. My hair is so thin now but still have quite a bit so with an attractive comb over option am going to stick with it until more bald patches either arrive or it all completely falls out. Am sure I ll know wether worked by day 19! So I would still advocate the cold cap and think for me at mo it sort of working.
Take care everyone xx

hi everyone, sorry I've been quiet but it got to my 3RD week post 1st EC chemo and I felt so well that I overdid it, I ran around, cleared out my dad's garage and had some gin and tonics and boy am I suffering now. I'm very annoyed with myself. I just feel lncredibly tired and sick and my portacath hurts like mad.

And the hair is falling out slightly. Scalp hurts too. I'm wondering if there is any point trying cold cap on second chemo, the nurse was rather negative on it's general effectiveness.....

Had the haircut, poor hairdresser was more sad than i....doubt the cut will last.... received_10156194527948659.jpeg

Community Champion

Yes...i had a 30 min wait just to get in the hospital car park last week...seems cancer generally is on the rise.

Mx

Well they are very good... but the reason was he had to do an extra clinic as so booked up next week. It was great - normally have to wait at least an hour but i was in and out in 20 mins !

Community Champion

Wow, saw your onc on a Saturday? Your hospital sounds really good.

good luck with your treatmentxx

Macneech - i posed a question on kefir on the 5:2 fasting group im in. It was suggested in the literature there is a theoretical risk of neutropenic sepsis due to live bacteria entering the blood stream via a "leaky gut" - potential damage caused to the lining of the gut from chemo. It needs more research doing but at the moment i feel that the benefits of kefir vastly outweigh the risks so will continue to have it and all the greek yoghurt i can get my hands on as i love it ! I tried to make my own kefir but failed abysmally. Good to hear thingsa re ok on new treatment. 

Think the insurance issue is a no no for me as it only seems to be if palliative - am guessing all policies different. Might just look into it again though in case......

Miss Green - looking fab !

Jujubee - fab news - good luck for monday. 

Moijan - Paclitaxel is next round of treatment for me so not sure but i have had a simialr issue of sensitive skin over shoulders and neck - feels like muscular aches. In fact i think it was ?? Bibi that had the same problem. Anyway it all went away in a couple of days. 

Saw oncologist this morning and all set for round 3 next friday. Only change is that he has prescibed an extra day of steroids so i can reduce them a bit more slowly to see if we can stop that awful crash you get with them - can but try. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

Community Champion

Re Paclitaxel ....doany of you get sore, aching muscles at all’? I find under my bra straps and along under my bra at the back is very tender.

also I get a reddish arm on the 3rd day which I thought could be cellulitis, but don’t think so now as it goes away...but my arm muscles hurt if I do too much.

be greateful to hear if others had the same?

thank you

Moijanx

Miss  Green - you look great - well done!

Macneech - what a shame about your cruise - but great you got money back and you can look forward to rebooking. I have claimed on a critical illness policy - was paid within a couple of weeks - with Legal and General. 

Flora hope the aches with the injections are not too bad - have you done them yourself? I have to get hubby to do mine - just can’t make myself do it. 

Juju- good luck on Monday hope it goes well for you.

i’ve been feeling really well this week but think I have overdone it a bit, walking and cleaning and I’m really tired and achy tonight- planning a v lazy day tomorrow. 

Have a good weekend everyone xxxx

MissGreen.  Took a leaf out of your book today and went for the shave.  After trying to wash it yesterday and ending up with more hair on my hands I gave in.  Don't look as good as you but I feel better now it's done. 

Another plus is my bloods are back up . From being 0.2 on Monday they are up to 2 today so chemo number 2 due on Monday. 

Wee Burd any news on a date for the Hickman line?  It will good to know you can get your treatment without the fight for a vein. 

Have  a good weekend everyone xx

20180309_211942.jpg

I'm taking Kefir and have started making my own.   I haven't checked with the oncology team, to be honest, but I have only read good things about it.    I haven't had any constipation on this chemo round so far, although I am also taking some Sennokot just to be sure!

Gave myself my GCSF injection yesterday, so a bit still and aching today. But so far, things are OK on the abraxane. Early days.

Thank you Moijan and Macneech

Macneech I don't have any type of life insurance anymore but it's not a problem as I have no dependants. However, I did claim on a critical illness policy 15 years ago and it seemed quite easy to do from what I remember. It paid of the mortgage I had at the time. Shame I have no cover now.

T

X
Community Champion

Well done miss green......you look great, suits youxx

Moijan