Re: February Chemo Starters 2018

Miss green I’ve still got my Hickman in they have said it could be a month before it’s removed x

Hi ladies
Had my last chemo 6th doxcetaxel yesterday very restless night with steroids but I have to admit I’m so glad to finish and I know that by end of this month I should be feeling better. On 15th after oncologist meeting I should be able to find out when radiotherapy will start and if I am having axillary clearance. In a way I hope it’s just radiotherapy as I’ve heard that radio should do its job . I may have clearance done and then pose the risk of lymphodema and there may be no cancer cells there. On my SNB I had 3 glands removed and 1 was cancerous . Has anyone else had or heard similar things.
I’m thinking of doing the add aspirin trial too as I’m triple negative I won’t be able to have any more treatment after radio.
So chemo I’m really tired and have put on 17 pounds though ! My legs are really weak and I feel like a little granny . I was really fit before and can’t do to much so I’m hoping this will improve with time . Has anyone else had this . I’ve got all the other symptoms such as tummy issues nails tender and they appear to be lifting indigestion but omperazole is helping . Taste changes will happen soon .
Oh my hair has started growing back has this happened to anyone? but my eyebrows and eyelashes have nearly gone and I’ve got terrible night sweats.

With regards to those of you now under going surgery good luck . George is good for post surgery bras . Make sure you do your exercises and if you’re not ready for discharge say I stayed in 2 days after mastectomy reconstruction with implant and SNB .
Hope everyone is coping with the side effects.xx

Hi ladies

Hope you're all as well as you can be 😁

Cycle 6 starts today so 14.5 days of chemo & feeling like crap here I come. It's the last one of my original treatment plan - yipee. My PICC is coming out today to free me up from weekly maintenance appointments. I will be chemo free at least until I see the Onc on 16th July for the next plan of action. Next scan is not until 3rd July and I already have scan anxiety lol.

T

Xxxx

Hi Ladies - like jude51 says - it has been quiet on here lately.Hopefully a sign that we are coping and not the opposite! Being Feb chemo starters some of us are nearing the end of our chemo journey😁

I am day 7 last T so getting there. Achey joints/ muscles, bit gripey but not too bad.Nights have got worse not better grrr😕5th out of last 7 injections tonight (counting them down)!!😁

Chemo done - although for some ( according to recent research on the news there will be less needing chemo for breast cancer in the future).Bit late for us and I am glad I  have had it as grade 3/need everything going!!

More news this morning 're american trial with miraculous immunotherapy  - my oncologist hasn't mentioned this so again I assume this is related to tumour cell type??

Mastectomy,axillary clearance and temporary implant (as only have small boobs) for me next.Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thinking of everyone xx 

Thanks Jude 😊

Its my last chemo Thursday- hoping I will start on the road to feeling better then - although I have been feeling well the last week I’m still struggling with toilet issues at times and it’s really annoying. 

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies - bit quiet on here lately. Hope everyone is doing ok and not suffering to much with side effects. Big hugs to those with treatment this week .

Good luck Bibi with trying to find a bra - i found it a nightmare ! x

I haven’t investigated travel insurance yet but at support centre someone said they had used a company called Holiday Safe and got an affordable quote .

I still have a few eyebrow hairs but feel much better when I draw them on - got some stencils and eyebrow shadow and they are really helpful, powder stays on for ages and stencil gives a good shape .

Good luck with the bridesmaid shopping.

I am still hunting for a nice post surgery bra - most places only seem to go up to a DD or E and I need a bigger one. There are some suppliers online but I like to try on. M and S have one in my size plus a sports bra  - not impressed and emailed them to let them know. They did email me back but whether anything will change anything I don’t know. 

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

Light at the end of the tunnel Bibi - sounds lovely having your break away at the lakes.

I  had my last Docetaxol weds and it went really well - anticipating falling off my perch however over the next couple of days. Planning to go bridesmaid dress shopping Sun - (daughter is chief bridesaid for friend in South Spain- first week in Aug).Hoping to go out there with her post mastectomy before rads - haven' discussed it with consultant yet plus there is the travel insurance issue😕).

Anyway not even sure I can get to the dress shopping yet if mega fatigue and colic kick in.Like you Bibi the tummy troubles seem to take ages to settle( couple of days before this cycle) but it is tolerable.

Only have a few eye brow hairs left on right side - sleep on my left mostly so I think I may have rubbed them out! But definite bum fluff growing back on my head 😁.Mastering the make up - drawing on the brows and black eyeliner for eye lashes reduces the 'Gollom' look.Posted a picture of me completing my chemo on facebook weds and had over 100 responses and comments( have worked for the NHS for 30 years so have made lots of contacts).Bit disconcerting when loads  of them said how well I looked - I must have looked rough before!!

Hoping everyone else is doing ok - thinking of you all xxx

Good morning all - currently sitting outside my Motorhome enjoying the beautiful views in the Lake District 😊 feels so good to be having a little holiday .

Macneech hope all goes well on your last lot today - agree the whoop whoop it’s over feeling will probably be when you have recovered from it - hope the SE’s are not too bad for you.

Wee Burd how great that you have an end date and a lovely family event to look forward to afterwards 🎉

Daisy hope all your house stuff gets sorted - as if we do t have enough to contend with -must be good to have your sons support to get you through.

Im hoping the good weather in the lakes continues before I get back for my last lot next week - feel like I’ve just about got over the last lot - although the tummy troubles grumble on. 

Look after yourselves everyone xxxxx

[ Edited ]

Fantastic news Wee Burd ! xx

Hi All, yesterday was my 100th day since starting chemo. Have been a lot better this cycle since the dose was dropped a notch however yesterday forgot to do my filgrastim injection and have had a bit of a relapse today. Couldn't move this morning and have been flat out on the couch since I got up around lunchtime. Catching up on trashy tv! On the upside I have been sent my radiotherapy appointments and should be finished all treatment by the end of July - just in time for my parents' diamond wedding anniversary! The end is in sight!

Great to read your positive post Daisy200.Completely with you on the zombie effect!! I am week 3 post Tax and atlast I think my insides have just about settled down for the next lot.Weird that I seem to have achy  muscles not joints whenever I go to move - grrr(why do the side effects take so long to go)??

Taste is back though - yippee! 

Last chemo for me tomorrow if bloods behave. I will be counting down those horrible filagristine injections.

Looking forward to having a bit more energy than a gnat - I  don' think l will actually feel like embracing the (I've survived chemo) thing until atleast mid June when hopefully I will be feeling less zombie.

There is light at the end of this horrible tunnel .

Hope everyone else is coping 😗

Hi Ladies, and thank you for your lovely comments. Last Friday on a steroid high was fine, but I honestly can't tell you what happened to Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Just zombied through really. This disgusting taste in my mouth is wearing me down now, I'm hungry but don't want to eat anything because everything tastes so horrible. I'm up, washed and dressed and just about ready for bed. It seems hard to believe that we won't always feel like this. Also torture watching everyone else have an amazing bank holiday weekend over Facebook.

Just had my house valued for sale as I'm going through a divorce (my choice, left husband for another man who turned out to be a complete arsehole) so at least I've got something else to think about. That and obsessively looking in the mirror to see if I've got eyelashes yet.

And the too hot, too cold thing at night. Yes, me too. Although to be fair, I was heading that way before chemo anyway, but it does seem to have made it worse. I've found light cotton PJ's and sleeping on top of the covers about the best way. Thank God I'm sleeping alone at the moment, I think if I had to justify my erratic night time behaviour I might end up doing time. 

But we've come such a long way lovely ladies, let's not lose sight of that. I was chatting to my youngest son last night, he lives with me so he's seen the whole journey. Diagnosis and surgery last Christmas seems like a distant memory now and soon this chemo will too. And all of its side effects. Just got four weeks radio on the horizon. Onwards and upwards xxxxxxxx

Hi ladies - hope you have had a reasonable weekend and SE not to bad. 

Struggling a bit today - just so fed up with it all and desperate for a good nights sleep. My body is functioning ..just....but my head is all over the place. Guessing its just the lack of sleep and possibly effects of chemo...just want it to end now. 

Well done Daisy for making it through to the last treatment. You'd think you'd be laughing all the way but emotions are all over the place. Hope the side effects are not too bad for your last time on the merry go round. Hugs due big style for reaching the finish line xx

Hi Ladies

Well done Daisy to making it to the end of this stage 😁. Sounds like Docetaxel has floored most of us over the last few days. I don't mind admitting i have felt sorry for myself the last few days. Side effects are taking their toll, although they don't seem as bad as cycle 4. It's the wobbliness, tiredness (slept for 12 hrs last night) and mouth issues which get me down. I kicked myself up the bum, painted my toe nails and got outside on a sun lounger today.

Question for all of you who have had nail issues ..... my finger nails were really sore and now two are lifting. How do you know when infections set in? The reason I ask is I took off my nail varnish and wish I hadn't as they look disgusting 😫🤢

Love n Hugs

T

x

Well done Daisy - what a relief for this part to be over for you 🎉

Hope you don’t have too many SEs and recover quickly xx

I have had another rubbish day from it - got up and felt fine, had breakfast , took dog for walk and it was ‘hello sofa’ again - can’t shake off the nausea , haven’t eaten since breakfast, slept all afternoon- grrr so frustrating as I have so many things I want to do. Hoping it will pass soon 🤞as have booked a week away in Lakes next week and am soooo looking forward to it.

Take care x

Hi ladies,

Just home from final dose of docetaxyl. I thought I'd feel happier than this, but I've basically blubbed all day. So glad this part of the journey is over, although not looking forwards to the next week or so with the after effects. I've definitely found that part harder on the T than I did on the FEC. But at least it's the last time and no more fecking cold cap agony to face either. To be fair though, the agony has been worth it, as long as it doesn't all fall out this time the cold cap has worked brilliantly for me.

Thinking of you all xxxxx

Macneech - Mine has elastic straps so doesnt move off pillow. Bit uncomfortable when lying on my side (squashes ear !) but hoping it might soften up a bit with use - can but try. Loads on Amazon but got mine from Notanotherbunchofflowers.com. Quite a bit more expensive but i'll try anything !

Oh Chrissy you do make me laugh ! Has to be some humour otherwise you'd be a constant blubbering wreck. I've been very fortunate with this weekly Paclitaxol - no GCSF injections and no real side effects, just a bloody nose and the night sweats. My taste is still a bit off mostly with milk but bearable - have cut down on the coffee to see if that helps with flushes/sweats. 

I agree about how quick it has felt now we have got to this stage - be good to see the back of it and move on. Good luck for hopefully your last chemo ! xx

Hello girls
It’s so nice to hear from you all and I do wish everyone wellness through this horrible journey.

Thankyou for suggestions re hot sweats I think either I’m getting used to it or sleeping commando is helping . God help if anyone sees me at night with my firm implant, dangly fried egg boob,wiggly wire (Hickman line) and no pubes ! Oh and bald head !

Anyway I agree yes the doxcetaxel is yuk I too have such yuk mouth changes aches and pain . Think the Gcsf doesn’t help either .

But I’ve also got red rosey cheeks that I look like a gnome and my left hand finger tips are numb like pins and needles . Has anyone else the same .?

Still got nails lifting and all the nails hurt . I too will have 1 to go potentially on 5th June ! Then I’ll be onto radiotherapy and possibly auxiliary clearance but won’t know until they have a meeting to decide .
Hope everyone is managing this poison but we’re all getting there in a strange way I feel it’s gone quick but also it seems that it’s been forever xx