322882posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February Chemo Starters 2018

640 REPLIES 640

Re: February Chemo Starters 2018

Thanks Wee Burd, I’m pretty certain it is just scar tissue or lymphodema, so I’m not overly worried, but I will get it checked.   Thank you all xxx

Flora, I also have a lump where my WLE was done and got in a panic about it. The BCN got me straight into the clinic, I was checked out and had a mammogram. All was well apart from lymphoedema in the breast and I was referred on to the lymphoedema nurse for manual lymphatic drainage. It was such a relief! Go and get checked! 

Good to hear from everyone. Keep well xx

Hi ladies

I cannot believe how far we have all come. I'm so pleased to hear you are all do well (ish) and let things get you down too much.

Flora I love the idea of travelling around in the camper van and yes you need to get the lump looked at. If only for your piece of mind.

Chrissy I most certainly do remember the Hair Bear Bunch lol. Hope the acupuncture works for you so you can get rid of the Tens machine.

WeeBurd I'm glad hear all is well with you. Hope you have a fabulous birthday and lovely time in August visiting Ireland.

I found out yesterday I'm on Letrozole for another 4 years and maybe more. Oh joy. So that means still being injected once a month with Zoladex. It's taken a few months for a BC Nurse  to get the info for me as no one had told me. Too be honest I also forgot to ask when I saw Onc in Jan/Feb. They really are amazing.  I'm mostly ok but struggle with awful flushing and aching joints. Bruise worse than normal too which is daft as Ive always bruised easily. The latter is probably because I'm still on anticoagulant tablets.

I'm 50 in a few weeks and am not looking forward to it but at the same time I'm grateful to still he here. If that makes sense. We've booked to go to Australia in January to see my best friend as part of my celebrations. Cannot wait.

So pleased to hear from you all.

Flora get checked out please 

Xxxxx

Hi Wee Burd and Chrissy

good to hear you’re both doing well and have some nice things to look forward to. 

Life has been back to normal for me for a while. I had my ovaries removed in Feb/Mar so that I could take letrazole and apart from them trapping my small intestine which needed extra surgery 36 hours after I’d been discharged to correct, and then I got a mild bout of shingles, I’ve been fine!  Well, I say that, but I think I can feel a lump where my WLE was. I am pretty sure it is just scar tissue, but I do need to get it checked. 

We’ve just bought a campervan instead of our caravan, so lots of trips to look forward to this summer. 

Hello weeburd and everyone else,

lovely to hear from you and hasn’t time gone so quick. I am doing fairly well. Still experiencing problems with peripheral neuropathy in hands and feet and pain all around my implant due to capsulation from radiotherapy and of course menopausal symptoms too. I’m using a Tens machine for this and waiting for acupuncture. They are going to start me on Gabapentin and noramitriptylline so fingers crossed it’ll help. 

Im working now 3 days a week which is enough . Fitness is improving and I’m feeling fairly good. Like you looking forward to our long awaited cruise soon , can’t wait. My nails are brittle too and still tender . The lifting has nearly grown out . My hair is sooo thick it reminds me of the hair bear bunch ! Do you remember them ? Memory is better since I’ve been back at work and I do think it has helped me get back to normality.

hope you had a fabulous holiday I’m doing a hot air balloon flight soon so like you trying to do happy things xx

look after yourself xxxx and enjoy lots of treats 

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing.  It's now a year since I completed chemotherapy and was just about to start radiotherapy.  I finished my herceptin in May and am still on Tamoxifen.  Things seem to be going okay, although my eyebrows have never really grown back properly and I still pencil them in.  At least I have eyelashes again, and the hay fever isn't as bad this year, as the little nose hairs have grown back!  I still find my nails are very brittle and I have weird bruises on my legs that came when I started herceptin and don't seem to be going away.  However, I do feel quite positive about life in general and am doing my best to make the most of everything.  My husband is taking us away for the weekend next week for my birthday, and we have a holiday booked to Ireland at the end of August that I'm really looking forward to.

How is everyone else doing?  Hope you're all going from strength to strength. Heart

Hi Chrissy

Glad you got it sorted 

X

Hi bibi

lovely to hear from you. So glad you nearly finished herceptin too. I had my first hair cut and dye last week . My hair is really curly and thick too came back very dark too.

i finally had my meeting yesterday with my manager . I wanted to work mon tue wed and She wanted me to work mon,wed,fri to cover the service needs. I wasn’t happy so she has accepted that I work mon wed Thursday the first week and tue thurs Friday the second week . It’s actually worked in my favour as I will have a 2 day weekend followed by the next weekend as a 4 day weekend. But I had to take the matter to her boss and brought into the equation about the equality and discrimination act !

Anyway finally done but roll on the next 4 years and then I can retire !

good luck to everyone keep strong and healthy and certainly enjoy life as much as you can xxx

Just caught up with all your comments about how you are doing - my first chemo was 1st Feb 2018 - it feels like it’s been a long year! Still having Herceptin injections- weirdly they fall on exactly the same dates as my chemo sessions last year - due to finish in June and feel like that will be a final letting go- well apart from the  Letrozole but hey ho. 

I’m lucky I’m retired so don’t have to face the work issues - your boss sounds horrible Chrissy - hope you manage to sort out your days. Flora hope you recover from your further surgery issues quickly. 

Also have curly locks - I used the cold cap so didn’t lose all my hair - wasn’t expecting the chemo curl but I’ve got it - hair now really thick again but definitely wavy. Trying to get fit and doing lots of exercise - have aches and pains from the drugs but loving life and glad I’m here. Hugs to you all and glad I had your support last year xxxx

Hi Flora29

Sounds like you have an awful week but have managed to stay upbeat. I suppose if we can drag ourselves through chemo we can pretty much do anything? ( " note to self -  I must remember this when I feel worried & scared about the future" lol) 

I hope your recovery is quick 

@Flora29 wrote:

Morning all, and well done to all of us for making it to a year since chemo started.  Hugs for everyone still going through it.   I had my last Herceptin last week so tentatively rang that bell.  

Tentative was right too, as I had my ovaries removed the next day (to be assured I’m post-menopausal and can take letrazole) and then 36 hours later was back in A&E as they had caused a bowel obstruction when they sewed me up.   More surgery and 3 days in hospital but I’m home and fixed now.  Let’s hope that really is the end of it!  

Chrissy, definitely look up the disability laws and reasonable adjustments that should be made for you. Reduction in hours should be a simple thing to comply with.  I went back to full time work after rads in May, save for Wednesday afternoons off to herceptin every 3 weeks. I now have 3 weeks off to recover from this surgery and then back to it!  But I have a great boss, and a brilliant team around me. We all support each other. Could not ask for more. 

Hi Flora29

Sounds like you have an awful week but have managed to stay upbeat. I suppose if we can drag ourselves through chemo we can pretty much do anything? ( " note to self -  I must remember this when I feel worried & scared about the future" lol) 

I hope you quickly recover from the operations 

Xx

@Flora29 wrote:

Morning all, and well done to all of us for making it to a year since chemo started.  Hugs for everyone still going through it.   I had my last Herceptin last week so tentatively rang that bell.  

Tentative was right too, as I had my ovaries removed the next day (to be assured I’m post-menopausal and can take letrazole) and then 36 hours later was back in A&E as they had caused a bowel obstruction when they sewed me up.   More surgery and 3 days in hospital but I’m home and fixed now.  Let’s hope that really is the end of it!  

Chrissy, definitely look up the disability laws and reasonable adjustments that should be made for you. Reduction in hours should be a simple thing to comply with.  I went back to full time work after rads in May, save for Wednesday afternoons off to herceptin every 3 weeks. I now have 3 weeks off to recover from this surgery and then back to it!  But I have a great boss, and a brilliant team around me. We all support each other. Could not ask for more. 

Yes Wee Burd it has been one hell of a journey for us all. Glad to hear you're doing okay xxx

Hi Miss Green what wonderful news! And how appropriate the timing was. What a year it has been. My anniversary of starting chemo was on 14th February  - Valentine's Day this year was much more pleasant than last year anyway. I'm still getting the herceptin injections so still visit the oncology ward every 3 weeks but it feels very different going there now. I'm back at work full time again and it's tiring but I am trying hard to remember to be kind to myself and not work too late and take proper breaks. I have a much more understanding boss than Chrissy. That sounds awful to be treated that way. Is there some kind of grievance procedure? You should be able to get proper reasons for your boss's decisions. 

Anyway I hope it works out. Glad to hear you ladies are staying healthy. What a journey we've been on and we're still going strong 💪🙌👍

Hi Chrissy

Lovely to hear from you too. I only had chemo so worked after each 2 week cycle.  Was on reduced hours up until end of July. In Aug I worked full hrs but started late and made time up with a reduced lunch. From October I went proper hours.  Won't lie it's taken it's toll on me as I leave the house at 6.45am and on average don't get home until 7.  In Nov and Dec I took more time off to recover from Wide Local Excisions. 

Sorry to hear your boss is being less than supportive. You are covered by the Disability Act and always will be because of the cancer. She should treat you in accordance with those guidelines. It might be worth you reading up. 

I have had 2 hair cuts now. Mine came back curly lol. Keeping it short in a pixie - ish style. 

Take care of yourself.

X

Hi miss green

im still here lovely to hear from you.

I too had my first year on 12th feb it’s weird isn’t it and guess what I had my first hair cut today too and dyed . It was really dark and curly and she’s cut it into a pixie cut looks nice.

Are you back at work? I went back on 4th jan done my 10th day but tbh my manager had been vile .

I submitted for flexible working in April when all my annual leave is used up and wanted to work mon, tue, wed ( I was full time before cancer but I’m struggling doing 2 days and they won’t let you do anything less than 3 ). She turned round and said to me I want you to work mon, wed, and Friday ! Feel like I’m having constant battles with her .

anyway hope you are keeping well do you have anymore surgery . Next year I hope to have my up lift done and fat deposits to implant as that had gone bit funny .

you take care lovely to hear from you xx

MBJ

Hi Miss Green

What wonderful news for you. It will also help all of us who are in the middle of our experience. Good luck, enjoy life to the full. X

Hi ladies

Not sure if any of you are still about? Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of my first chemo treatment. Feels appropriate that today I was told I am cancer free - No Evidence of Disease.

You all made the last 12 mths easier.  Thank you and take care.

Teresa

Xx

Fantastic news Miss Green! What a good start to the New Year. Onwards and upwards!

Hi again.

I had a hospital appointment today. It was 2.5 hrs late and only lasted all of 10 min max. However, I'll forgive them as they confirmed the 2nd WLE was successful so there's NO cancer in the surrounding area. Just have a CT scan and Onc appointment in 5 weeks to go through before they can say "no evidence of disease". Got my first Post Chemo hair cut today as well.

Feeling happy

XX

Happy New Year ladies. Hope you're all okay and had a fabulous Xmas and New Year xx

Happy new year wee bird hope you had a good and everyone else xx

Happy New Year to you all. Wishing everyone good health and happiness in 2019.

Hi

Wee Burd it most definitely sounds like you had a better day than last year. Well deserved too.

Macneech - that's a hard choice for you to make. I chose a Diep back in 2003 and just had enough tummy fat for it. Mine was done at the same time as my Mastectomy. I did need a little lipo after a few months as it was too big but I've never regretted having done. Take your time, if you can? And ask to see photos of the surgeons work. I didn't have the luxury of time but my surgeon showed me photos and it helped me realise I'd made the right decision. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Chrissy - my family and friends are also shocked we don't get regular scans. Because I've had two recurrences now I asked whether my boob would now have regular ultrasounds? NOPE was the response so again it will just be down to my vigilance. It doesn't seem right especially as they didn't show on CT scans. The scan I am due in Jan/Feb is for lungs and chest. Too be honest I want a full head to toe won every 6 mths and I think all cancer patients would.

Like Wee Burd said- thanks for all your support this year. It's trully helped xx

Hi All it's good to hear from you. We have had a rough year. I had my surgery a year ago today and it seems like a lifetime ago. Had a much better day this year with a Christmas quiz and raffle at work, went to my circuits class and then went to the pub quiz tonight!
Miss Green I hope that the surgery has been successful this time. It all sounds quite hopeful. Macneech maybe there are other forums on here that can help you decide what's best to do.
I've been for manual lymphatic drainage for the lymphoedema in my breast and been shown what to do for self care. It seems to be helping although it's not gone away yet.
I hope you all have a peaceful and stress free time over the festive season and wishing all of us the best of health for 2019. It's been a hell of a year and I'll be glad to see the back of it!
Thinking of you all and thanking you for all the support ❤❤

Hi macneech

its horrible to not have any scans unless symptoms when I tell friends this they don’t believe as people think you would have a scan yearly ! So I know how you feel about that.

i had an implant at time of surgery ( mastectomy) which is amazingly 1 year ago tomorrow. I agree with you it’s hard to make decisions. I think looking back I didn’t do research as I should have asked for an expander but wasn’t offered. As a result my SNB showed lymph node spread and then I had to have radio so yes I run the risk of capsulation now.

A lady I met also had implant but she is bigger breasted than me and tbh she’s had uplift other side and hers looks brilliant where’s as I am a lot smaller and I feel it just sits on my chest and is rigid . So I would take that into consideration as no one told me that when I had it done .

i can’t have uplift or anything else now for over a year as I won’t get sick pay . It’s annoying as I would like to just get things sorted now! Good luck with your decision and make sure you research it all . I have since found a reconstruction group which I go to and have learnt a lot . Wish I knew about it before perhaps there my be something like that near you x

Hi all- I hope you are all going along ok.Miss Green - fingers and toes are crossed for you Good that you are having repeat CTs atleast they will hopefully be reassuring.I have been told that I won't get any further investigations on my affected side unless I have symptoms🤔

I had my appt with a plastic surgeon today - I came out very confused as I thought I would have my temporary implant transformed into a permanent one.It seems I have a choice of a Diep ( I haven't got much fat so I could work on that over xmas!) But I might have to have 2 more ops after to get the shape right.Or I could have an implant that comes with long term difficulties/hardening but will need 2 ops here as well ( needing a saline filled skin stretcher first).I hope the surgeon would say what he thought would be best for me but he has sent me away to think about it - very confused!! Any advice???

Wishing everyone a Happy xmas and hopefully a much better 2019. Xx

HI Miss miss green lovely to hear from you and I’m so glad you’ve had surgery . Let me know how margins go keeping everything crossed for you . 

Hope everyone has a lovely Xmas. I’m back to work 4th jan dreading it and would rather retire but I’m too young ( but don’t feel it now ) 

HAPPY CHRISTMAS XXX

Hi Ladies

How's everthing going with your radiotherapy, hair growth, lymphedema etc? Getting there I hope.

Had the re-excision of my Wide Local Excision yesterday. Pretty much slept from 8.30pm to 7.30 am this morning. Still feeling tired and now the anaesthetic has worn off I feel uncomfortable but that's to be expected. At least this time I don't have to worry about having a drain in. Now just the dreaded 2 week wait to see if the clearance is good. Last time they got 0.8 of a millimetre and they need 1mm. Who new the margin only had to be that little?

Also, this week I have had an appointment with Oncology. The apt went well. Was worried I'd need more chemo as tumours that were removed 6 wks ago were grade 2 & 3 but I don't. Having a CT beginning of Feb which will be about 6 mths since my last one and I hope I can finally say Woo Hoo "no evidence of disease".

Wishing you all a fabulous Christmas and New Year. I think we have bloody well deserved it.

Xx

That's my hair from before the chemo took effect! I had just had it cut from shoulder length. It got really thin and patchy during the treatment. It's coming in quite thick again now - and also surprisingly curly! - but mostly grey. I'm going to get it coloured again on Tuesday as I don't like the way it has aged me.
It's reasonably easy to add a photo on here. The instructions were quite easy to understand even for a technophobe like me!

Yes - thank you Wee Burd I think I will.I noticed your picture - all that hair! Mine is similar but still unruly.I have had 2 tiny trims to try and get some control.I am still wearing my wig out and to work.

Was it easy to get your picture on here? I  will have a go. X☺

Hi Macneech I didn't have an implant and don't need reconstruction - my boobs are slightly uneven but not so much that it's noticeable when I have my clothes on. Maybe that will change after the manual lymphatic drainage if the swelling goes down!
I hadn't realised that radiotherapy could give me swelling either. I also hadn't realised that it was classed as lymphoedema- I had thought that just affected the arm. Probably someone explained it at some point but it didn't stick in my head!
If you've got the option of massage treatment it's probably worth taking up even if it's just for the relaxation.

I forget Wee Burd - did you have a temporary implant like me? I seem to be getting more tender and I have a bit of swelling by the evening. I thought the pain is from where the nerves are tuning back in - it was numb all across my implant ,under my armpit and around to my back before.I thought the swell8ng was something I would have to put up with- lymphodaema.I didn't appreciate it could still be an after effect of the radiotherapy. 

I had some muscle twitching in my shoulder towards the end of the treatments which was annoying but that's gone now.

I wonder if I should make use of my  Haven sessions and have some massage/lymphatic drainage??

I have had my radiotherapy follow up but didn't achieve much from that.I asked the oncologist about recurrence and he suggested I looked at the Predict website on line.This was a bit scary and didn't take into account the radiotherapy😞

I  have had to refer myself back to the surgeons for permanent reconstruction. My BCN sorted an appointment for this really quickly - (next Thurs) but I appreciate they won't do any surgery until atleast 6 months after the rads.

Hope everyone is doing ok.Thinking if you Miss Green - we have all become expert patients! Xx

Hi Miss Green, hope the next surgery goes well and with a quick recovery time. It sounds like it's all hopeful anyway.
I did get my mammogram results back - all clear thank goodness although there are changes due to surgery and oedema from the radiotherapy. The BCN is going to refer me to see if I would benefit from manual lymphatic drainage to reduce the swelling. It's a relief to know there's something that might be able to relieve it as it's been getting increasingly tender.

Hi miss green I will keep fingers and toes crossed for you and hope it’s a day case too. Thankyou for letting us know x do you know when the next op will be xx

Hi lovely ladies

Got to have another operation 😔. They cut out the 2 remaining cancers that chemo couldn't shift cancers which is good but they didn't get the clearance they need. Got 0.8 of a millimetre rather than the 1mm they want. Who knew that's all they need to start with? This time round it will be less invasive so no guide wire needed and doubt I need an overnight stay. I'll pretty much be up for anything to try and stop me having a 3rd recurrence.

WeeBurd - have you had your results back yet?

Xx

Hello everyone hi miss green hope you are doing well and recovering .let me know how your results go.

macneech I hope work is going ok for you. My hair has got really thick and so dark I looked like action man at first but it’s looki ng really scruffy looking now but I don’t want to cut it !.i have bought a wash in out /dye but worried to use it .

The moving forward course was very good and worth going to. Mine was a distance away and I travelled on the train there took me about 1.5 hours but would have took much longer to drive . In fact next week I’m going to the same place to meet the ladies and have lunch .

hi weeburd I think it’s normal to feel how you are. I will be a year on 21st of dec and it’s very emotional. I went to my cancer centre yesterday and have met a lovely bunch of ladies and listening to them makes you realise that most people feel anxious about reoccurrence. In a way I find it reassuring knowing I am not going mad have you got a group you could join as talking to others really does help. Unfortunately I think a lot of family and friends think you should be back to normal and get on with it but that is so difficult sometimes but being with those who truly understand does help immensely. 

Thining of you all xx

Hi everyone. Glad the surgery seems to have gone well Miss Green. Here's hoping you have a good recovery.
I've had a bit of a trying week as I thought I had felt a change in my breast and the skin was looking a bit odd. Phoned the BCN and was told to come into the breast clinic. Saw the consultant and he reckons the changes are still the effects of the radiotherapy that finished at end of July. I was so relieved. Was sent for a mammogram and waiting for the results.
I thought I was recovering pretty well but it just sent me back to the start! It's just over a year since my diagnosis and it's been quite an emotional time. How are you all coping these days?

Hi Macneech

The op seemed to go well. Off work recuperating. Get results next week.

I haven't had my hair cut yet, 22 weeks since I stopped chemo, and it's gone a little curl. Good old chemo curl lol.

Xx

Hi Miss Green - I hope your surgery went ok.

Chrissy - how did you get on with your moving forward course?I was interested in this but our nearest one for Portsmouth is Kent!

My hair like you is curly on top and very unruly😞I am still wearing a wig at work as can't do a thing with it!! I have dyed it a couple of times with no I'll effects.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Hi Chrissy

Sorry just re read my last post and realised it wasn't clear. Sitting at the hospital as I type this. Need to get a wire inserted into my boob to help surgeon as the remaining tumours cannot be felt. Got to wait around until this afternoon for the op.

I am so pleased your Occupational Health meeting went well and now your boss will have it in black and white that you need to take your time in getting back to work full time xx

Hi miss green omg you have been mucked about I hope you get it done soon let me know if you get a date.

I had occ health doctor last week who was brilliant and so understanding she did a report to management and expressed I shouldn’t work full time when I go back for at least 4-6 moths which is totally appropriate as I felt my manager doesn’t get it . I actually said to her are you trying to kill me !!

yesterday I had my sick review which for the first time went well and my return date is beginning jan to use all my AL for phased return then the rest of AL TIL end of financial year so the maximum I’ll be working is a 2 or 3 day week then I’ll do flexi working 3 day week for 6 maths then reevaluate. I feel much happier with this.

have you still got many symptoms? My hair is ever so thick and on top curly I want to put a wash in hair dye but worried if too soon ? Going to a living beyond course day Monday at local hospital and I’ve been using rehab gym at hosp it’s really making me stronger and helping fatigue.

hope you are getting on ok .

hello to everyone else keep strong 💪 xx

Hi Chrissy

No the op has not been cancelled but my normal BC Consultant isn't doing it as he's now off this week due to a family emergency. Yesterday I haf a hospital apt for me to meet the new consultant. He seems nice and I am back to feeling okay. Bit of a melt down when I first heard. So fingers crossed for tomorrow xx

Hello macneech
Lovely to hear from you . I would say it’s the nerves causing the pain I have the same thing and it hurts so much I can’t wear bras or lie on that side . Time will help . Great news you back at work I will return new year tbh you sound like your trust are supportive I’ve found I’ve had to battle all the way with mine. But saw a lovely occupational health doctor who documented recommendations so fingers crossed.
I agree with you the year has flown and I’ll be due my yearly mam soon too !!

Just wanted to say good luck miss green for your operation I hope it hasn’t been cancelled again .

Good luck to everyone else hope you starting to feel a little more normal although I do feel life has changed a lot for us all . I think moving forward is the next stage of this rollercoaster ride xxx thinking of you all .

Hello Ladies, it's good to hear how we are all still soldiering on.

Jude - I hope all is ok with your tender spot.I think we all have a right to be paranoid!

I have healed up following my radiotherapy burns but am still tender under my armpit.Not sure if it is to do with the nerves tuning back in.My implant is very "squidgy" - hoping for a permanent implant next Spring.Didnt you have an implant Wee Burd? How are you getting on?

I am back to work 30hrs instead of full time for a while to use up some accrued annual leave ( something good about working for the NHS).

Don't think I have suffered fatigue from the rads however I have had some afternoons when my eyes are sooo tired.I have been surrounded by family with colds and touch wood so far I haven't caught anything.I have probably spoken too soon - my immunity must be at it's lowest in years😞.I have had my flu jab ( another bonus from the NHS) - so 🤞.

I can't believe how quickly this horrible year has gone - it will be time for my yearly repeat mammogram come Jan/Feb!! But like you Jude - I am more worried about recurrent problems on the right side than the left😔

I have been told the paranoia does settle the further along we go.

Big hugs to you all.xx

Miss Green you were right to rant about the uncertainty. It's the last thing you need from your doctors. Hope the treatment is now back on track.
Chrissy I hope that the OH assessment goes well. I found my phased return worked well. I was surprised how tired I got at the start but was able to build up the hours over 6 weeks. So much depends on having a supportive and understanding employer. I was lucky with that and hope you are too.
Flora my hair is coming in curly too! I have never had curls before and don't quite know how to deal with them! Sadly it's also mostly grey. It's growing much more slowly than it used to. I'm hoping when I finish the herceptin treatment it will grow a bit more quickly.
My husband and I have just had a lovely holiday - a week in the Trossachs with clear cold weather and lots of fresh air. It has given me a boost as I was beginning to feel as if my energy levels were dropping again and now I feel quite refreshed and ready to be a bit more active.

Hope today’s appointment with OH goes well today, Chrissy. Are you expecting to be put on a phased return? Does that worry you?

I’m currently waiting for an appointment back with my surgeon’s clinic, as I have a tender spot on my collarbone that is worrying me. Could just be a rads hangover, or maybe the dog did stand on me and bruise me (but I don’t remember it and it’s been sore for a few weeks), or maybe just paranoia, but as soon as I called the BC nurses, they said they’d put me in for clinic. So glad they take it seriously. I’ve told my husband but no-one else. Not sure when the appointment will be for yet.

Ovary removal looks like it will be in January.

How is everyone’s hair growth? Mine has done the typical and come back curly. My natural colour has caught everyone by surprise - we’d forgotten how dark it is naturally! I now have white wings at my temples though!!!

Oh miss green that is terrible you rant to them they have messed you about xx fingers crossed for 8th . I haven’t got occ health til 1st Nov so know more then x good luck xx

Hi all

Hope you're all feeling okay?

Maccneech - I hope your skin is getting better.
Chrissy - hope Occupational Health were helpful and understanding.

My WLE operation has been moved to the 8th and my BC Consultant put me on the wrong list, someone elses, and he wants to do the surgery himself.

Lost my emotional cool at my Oncology appointment last week which resulted in the BC Nurse booking me in to see her to go over my concerns it really helped.

Just want to get off this cancer treadmill now.

Hugs to all

X

Hello everyone hope you are all keeping well.

i just wanted to say to miss green good luck with your WLE I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Im finally feeling stronger and due to see occupational health soon to return to work as I go onto no pay soon .

i wish everyone the best of health and good luck with everything xxx