cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Rosina, the lyrics are lovely x x

So when will you know if the cold cap is working ? What has your nurse said ?

Not cold capping unfortunately due to migraines but my nurse had said due to epirubicin that my hair should start coming out 10 days into chemo luckily for me it hasn't yet tho, so I've turned from stressing about starting chemo now back onto losing my hair again this rollcoater just won't stop xx how are you feeling? How you managing with side effects xx

Hello re. The cold cap

again. I had it on for 30 minutes before receiving my drugs. Then for another 40 minutes as my drugs were administered by my chemotherapy nurse. Then I was disconnected for a quick loo break and then re- connected for another 1 and 1/2 hours.

Total time 30+40+90 minutes so 160 minutes in total or 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Re. Cold cap my nurse detached me so that I could go to the loo after she had given me my drug dose. She said I was good for up to 10 minutes ( more than enough) 🤪

Oops pressed post too quick Smiley Happy

I was going to go on to say that we all need to remember to relax and have fun, more than ever right now.

No way would I spot that that is a wig, btw!

I forgot that low temps are a problem too.  So much to remember.  Hope you feel better soon, tuck up and put up the central heating!

You look fantastic and definitely having fun!

IMG-20190216-WA0002.jpg

Wow Implausible, love the hair colour it's fantastic wish I could be so adventours, I'm dull and boring and terrified of change but did take the bull by the horns on diagnosis had fantastic hair but cut it short and dyed it dark cherry and I've hated it every since, so was pleased to put my wig on for a trial run,, so funny evey time I walked passed a mirror I had to do a double take xx

Hi Ladies, had a good night but now a bit worried my temperature is only 35 got a slight headache but hubby is saying its too low for paracetamol, Trixie my dog is saying mam don't move I want to be on your lap.

Does anyone know when hair might start going only had one chemo session ?

Loved my wig wore it last night and felt fab x Hope you all have a good day xx

Hi Implausable, I had my first chemo session on 8th Feb with cold cap. I just ate and drank as normal in the lead up to chemo day. During the session I drank water as I normally do during the day. Going to the loo was easy, just detachd the tubes from the unit and a nurse sorted out the drip. I must admit though I looked as though I was about to go on the rugby pitch or something when I saw myself in the mirror in the loo. Not the best of looks but if it saves some of my hair it'll be worth it.. 

*waves back* Smiley Happy

Oh wow now I might have to stop buying clothes off eBay and get some of these...!

Hi Implausible, I’m waving at your photo. My husband thinks I’ve lost the plot.......I probably have. 😂

Aw thanks ladies.  I've already had it cut super short in preparation for the treatment, and I am lost without it!

Ally, I just use fairly cheap colour preserving shampoo - whatever is on offer in Tesco Smiley Happy

And I never condition it.  I quite like it a bit fluffy and not desperately sleek.

Wig wise, I have been spoilt for choice, plenty of crazy wigs out there that suit my style.  People are used to me changing the colour of my hair every few weeks anyway, this way I can mix and match daily if I want to! Smiley Very Happy

I've already bought 2 wigs from this site, they arrived yesterday and are really nice quality given that they are pretty cheap:

https://www.lushwigs.com/category/wigs/bright/

I definitely agree xx 

I second that! Your hair is amazing 😍

What shampoo and conditioner do you use? Xx 

Wow your hair is amazing! I hope the cap works and I’d love to see the faces of the wig suppliers when they are asked to try and match that! Mine is super easy she just opened the book to it and I said yep, order that 😊 but whilst my hair is not remotely exciting I do have tonnes so keeping my fingers crossed it works for me too

And all this nutrition stuff is SO confusing.

I looked into turmeric before but for every site saying it helps there is another saying you shouldn't take it during chemo

Same with ginger.  Some places saying it helps for nausea.  Others saying it stops the "proper" anti nausea meds working so avoid it

I wish there was one source of proper information

I can't believe for a second that nutrition is irrelevant in all this.

Thanks Daffydilly.  That's great to know!  I would hate to be sitting there with my legs crossed for all that time! Smiley Very Happy

I also plan to cold cap if I can hack it the whole way through as I've read that even if your hair still comes out, it grows back better/stronger after as the follicles are less damaged, or something.  Oh well, it's worth a trySmiley Happy

Worst bit for me will be not being able to bleach and colour it for a further 6 months.  My hair hasn't been anything close to a natural colour my whole adult life!  

Can we attach photos here?  If so, this is me:

FB_IMG_1549794949676.jpg

Hi Sissy60, 

Thank you for sharing, I was also gobsmacked but I predicted that would be the response and you’re right about processed meats!

Please share any other nutritions 😉

Daily baby aspirin? Please elaborate 😁