cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Maybe we could form the new Pussy Riot band... and rock out the little and large look. We could make a fortune! Implausible has purrrfect look for it!

My 19 yr old daughter quite jealous of my pert one... am I weird in quite liking the no nipple look?

Am so looking forward to my Matt Lucas with odd boobs look ..NOT.👩‍🦲 Almost wish I was starting tomorrow but know I will be a basket case day before! Thank god for the tranx my pal brought me over from the States🥴🥴

Ally- baby aspirin if you check online has a lot of evidence in proper trials to help prevent any nastiesSmiley Happy I’m doing everything! Will also share what I’m learning from my cancer treatment nutrition personSmiley Happy

Me too  ,  any of you Russian strippers know when can wear normal underwire bra's until we don't need them can't wait to have two lovely pert boobs xx

Implausible - “pert one like a Russian stripper” has really set me off giggling. I too have a Russian stripper one (albeit nippleless so unlikely ever get a job as a stripper in Russia) and a droopy one with a nipple. Not sure which I prefer really. Maybe down the line I may get a nipple tattoo. I’ve heard you can get stick on ones but have visions of going to a bra fitting and having it fall off and roll across the floor of the fitting room and out under the door! 🤭

Hi Rosina, sound's good but don't go over doing it tho, they come when your least expecting them xx

I thought I was lucky getting away with being sick on the first night and never been sick again although often felt it xx

Hi Trixielady, 

I haven’t had any side effects. I forgot to take my anti emetic at home ( after being dosed at the Hospital) before my evening meal. The leaf let inside the box said if you forgot then take the next dose as usual. That would have been the following morning before breakfast ( 30 to 60 minutes before) and I forgot again. I rang the chemoward to see if I could ‘book ‘ the same nurse again as I really get on with her. She said I could request her on the day but no pre-booking possible. All the team is excellent she said . She was pleased to hear that I was doing so well and said that I was very lucky to have no sickness. She did recommend that I continue with the course of anti emetic tablets but I haven’t as I am not nauseous or anything. I actually got myself into a tiz last night worrying about why I wasn’t feeling sick which is quite funny thinking about it now. I have a 3 day course of steroids (which I am taking, even though my appetite and energy is good).

I had my first white blood cell boosting injection today to. I have 4 left to go. 

Personally ,I think that we are all different with different constitutions . I know that I am an optimist by default with a silly side so this must be to my advantage . I don’t think I could be an SEN teacher if I couldn’t laugh at myself and remain upbeat 🤩

Re. my hair my nurse told me to be gentle with it. I washed it with a gentle shampoo this morning (nurse told me to leave it alone after chemotherapy for 2 days , so I had conditioner on it from Thursday under a fabric zoggs swimcap under a beanie) . My friend who came and sat with me said the hot pink swim cap sticking out under my grey beanie bothered her so she tucked it in so that it didn’t show. 😂

I guess I will find out how I respond as the cold cap works for 50% of those who use it. So I guess I am a walking experiment 🤓

Ha!

I'll join the circus with you Smiley Happy

I'm also a little lopsided for now with one DD and droopy and one B-Cish and pert like a Russian stripper! Smiley Very Happy  

Eventually apparently the doc will even them up, but right now they are the least of my worries, unless I start walking in circles Smiley Happy

Love the photo Implausible! You are a proper hottie! So hard to imagine that you’re doing this bloody chemo business...

I’ve got blonde hair extensions (not Katie price style!) and love them .. I imagine they will go first. Wasn’t going to cold cap as I hate the cold but thinking I will now after encouraging posts ..such a bummer about not being able to colour fir 6 months . I wonder if henna is ok?? Was told it grows out grey... def don’t want that and a wig in summer doesn’t appeal but I’ve got a couple so I don’t scare anyone. Am using follicle strengthening shampoo in advance in a vain attempt to keep it for longer. So with my tattooed eyebrows , baldy head, no lashes and my one FF cup and the other a B cup I can see me joining the circus in a couple of months😂

Hi Implausible, 

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I will look at the wigs too xx 

Rosina, the lyrics are lovely x x

So when will you know if the cold cap is working ? What has your nurse said ?

Not cold capping unfortunately due to migraines but my nurse had said due to epirubicin that my hair should start coming out 10 days into chemo luckily for me it hasn't yet tho, so I've turned from stressing about starting chemo now back onto losing my hair again this rollcoater just won't stop xx how are you feeling? How you managing with side effects xx

Hello re. The cold cap

again. I had it on for 30 minutes before receiving my drugs. Then for another 40 minutes as my drugs were administered by my chemotherapy nurse. Then I was disconnected for a quick loo break and then re- connected for another 1 and 1/2 hours.

Total time 30+40+90 minutes so 160 minutes in total or 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Re. Cold cap my nurse detached me so that I could go to the loo after she had given me my drug dose. She said I was good for up to 10 minutes ( more than enough) 🤪

Oops pressed post too quick Smiley Happy

I was going to go on to say that we all need to remember to relax and have fun, more than ever right now.

No way would I spot that that is a wig, btw!

I forgot that low temps are a problem too.  So much to remember.  Hope you feel better soon, tuck up and put up the central heating!

You look fantastic and definitely having fun!

IMG-20190216-WA0002.jpg

Wow Implausible, love the hair colour it's fantastic wish I could be so adventours, I'm dull and boring and terrified of change but did take the bull by the horns on diagnosis had fantastic hair but cut it short and dyed it dark cherry and I've hated it every since, so was pleased to put my wig on for a trial run,, so funny evey time I walked passed a mirror I had to do a double take xx

Hi Ladies, had a good night but now a bit worried my temperature is only 35 got a slight headache but hubby is saying its too low for paracetamol, Trixie my dog is saying mam don't move I want to be on your lap.

Does anyone know when hair might start going only had one chemo session ?

Loved my wig wore it last night and felt fab x Hope you all have a good day xx

Hi Implausable, I had my first chemo session on 8th Feb with cold cap. I just ate and drank as normal in the lead up to chemo day. During the session I drank water as I normally do during the day. Going to the loo was easy, just detachd the tubes from the unit and a nurse sorted out the drip. I must admit though I looked as though I was about to go on the rugby pitch or something when I saw myself in the mirror in the loo. Not the best of looks but if it saves some of my hair it'll be worth it.. 

*waves back* Smiley Happy

Oh wow now I might have to stop buying clothes off eBay and get some of these...!