cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Hi amberthomsonel

So pleased your doing well, can you remember when your hair actually started coming out and how it felt just before it started to happen I think I'm starting to lose for a more personal place and at times my hair seems to hurt, just wish I knew how long it takes and when it happens xx

Have you had the all clear? Xx

MBJ

Hi Sandrainduram

Well I risked church, it was lovely to be there, bit emotional now and then. I took your advice and did not take the wine, and wore gloves to shake hands during the Peace. But I am glad I went. 

Oh it's such an emotional time its exhausting, my sister was upset when she left yesterday, just spoke to my daughter and granddaughter in Abu Dhabi, hard being so far away from them. Thank goodness for what's app. My son will be here on Tuesday for his 40 birthday, the day before I start chemo. 

There are some pluses though my husband is hovering and mopping the floor I have given him a chore list poor man. Hope things are not too bad with you. 

I have two chin hairs. Those little beggars survived 6 cycles!  Otherwise I was beach body ready. There is a plus to no imaac!

Hi Implausible,

I agree the Guardian Article was biased towards the negative IMO.

I have been very lucky and haven’t had any problems so far after my first dose. 

I personally wouldn’t fork out £1.600 on hair. Every one has different priorities.

I am looking forward to see if my upper lip hairs go as they have been waxed , threaded, plucked and are still going strong.😂

Sorry to but in to this thread but wanted to post from the post chemo viewpoint. Last chemo on 26 October. Yes it was sh*t but doable. I did cold cap for two sessions. I didn't find it bad ( have to say pain of FEC in the veins much worse) I began to lose hair so went for the shave. Wept in the car but after that it was totally OK. My hair is growing back. It looks like a fashion choice now not a cancer patient. But the hair that fell out has grown back as baby blonde, the hair that was shaved and didn't grow has grown back black! I looked like a badger so have dyed blonde. Once you have lived with no hair for a few months you can cope with anything. I am rocking my inner Annie Lennox. You will too!

Hi Seaside Sar,

Thank you😊, that'll be great.. Yes, I'll keep you up to date.

Cheers

Hi Susie B,

Lovely to hear from you and of course I don't mind you dropping by.😊

I will report how things are on day 14 (tomorrow, eek!). Right now at day 13 my hair is still going strong. I'm planning to wash it tomorrow though so that will be the test. Like you, I will be facing a regrowth of grey hair, so either way I'll need a cover up! I haven't committed to a wig yet but I have got my eye on one just in case. I also have some lovely headscarves ready for any bald patches!

Let me know how things go with you as well.

The card I’ve been given says over 37.5 and under 36 - that’s not much wiggle room! I think I’ll have the number on speed dial... struggling to get the thermometer to read over 36 now but thankfully the backup thermometer arrives today

Trixie I hope you feel better soon.  

I think my doc said I have to call if temp goes below 35 or over 37.5   , I have it written down somewhere.  There's so much to remember/stress about! Smiley Sad

Hi Seaside Sar, Hope you don't mind me dropping in, so to  speak, I'm on day 9 after chemo and cold cap.  Would love to know how things are at day 14. Like you I feel pretty nervous too. In process of getting a wig, just in case. Even if I keep enough hair I will need something to cover the badger look as my coloured hair gradually becomes striped with grey🐺.

Hi Implausible, 

That's what I done on Friday checking wig didn't move but then I put it down to having hair x 

Yesterday my temperature was low and never changed much all day put it down to having been out on Friday  only had 3 single Gins. Today got a headache and checked temp before taking paracetamol to find it below 35, double checked it still low so decided to ring emergency line to find out that apparently we're supposed to ring when it falls below 36 if feeling unwell because they are supposed to take you in for checks nobody had said so please be careful ladies. I've asked if I could stay at home for a while to see if it changes I can for now as I'd be a more risk at the hospital xx

Implausible - Love your wig, you look amazing! Enjoy the seaside xxx

You must have more of a head for alcohol than me, that much would put me on the floor! Smiley Very Happy

I'm the same with the food shopping, if my taste buds are all going to change, how do I know what to stock up on? Smiley Happy

I'm doing an experiment today, have got one of my cool wigs on and heading to the seaside to see if it blows off! Smiley Very Happy  If it does, no harm done as I still have my actual hair underneath Smiley Happy

20190217_105312-picsay.jpg

Night out was good! Not too many drinks... couple of cocktails and four bog standard ones, I’m starving now!! Just gonna eat as normal today and see what happens, rather have a good day today than sit here feeling empty and stressed!

More concerned about not knowing what to put on the shopping list to eat during the week!

I think there’s a bit of a break between chemo and rads as our immunity has to build up again ..what a bloody pain it all is 🙄 I think I’m finishing chemo @ June 20th as I’m not doing the entire 12 weekly one. No way!

Ha!

What a coincidence.

I'll let you know when I have my dates.

Sarah

I’m getting it there too! It’s fab place. Really nice people and top equipment!  I’m in OX4Smiley Happy  10 mins away xx might even have same person. Well I never! 

I've had a bit of a wobble today too, not like me, I've been mainly ok up until now, I think it's because it is getting so close now.  

The place I'm having radio is a private clinic called Genesis Care.  My work insurance is paying for it.  Not sure exactly where it is but it's in OX4

Wow! I’m very near hospital! Is it John Radcliffe or Churchill?

It’ll be a few cuppas and a massive hug waiting for you! 😘😘 I start a week Thursday so not far behind xxx feeling a bit nervy tonight... been fine all day🥴

Sissy you're in Oxford?  That's where I'll be having my radiotherapy as I'm just down the road in Swindon and we don't have a radiotherapy facility here.  Small worldSmiley Happy

I start chemo Tuesday.  I guess I could fast up Monday but I don't know if it would be worth the effort.  Other half wants to take me out for a nice meal tomorrow and he would not approve of me starving myself for 2 days especially given the chemo nurse expressly telling me not to!

If I get rotten side effects this first time around though, I'll give it a bash next time.  Can't do any harm I guess.