61642members
325185posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Sar so pleased Lexi is doing better, I hope she’s well enough to go home soon.

Is your daughter at UEA? I do miss Norwich, but Edinburgh is pretty good too!!

Good news here - husband is sparing me going out to buy a dishwasher!! He thought I might be tired or not wanting to go out. Well it’s more forking out for a dishwasher I don’t want! 😂 I need to wash my hair it’s been over a week and it’s positively disgusting. Maybe I’ll get the inclination later. But when you can just sit in your pjs and be skanky who cares!

So having to sit and watch bloody election analysis... he does like his politics. Looks like I’m doing very little today then. That’s alright with me 👍🏻

Morning everyone,

Hope you're all having a good Bank holiday. Shame the weather has gone downhill a bit but at least it's not raining.

The latest on Lexi is that they have ruled out bacterial meningitis but we're still waiting to hear if is viral or something else. The good news is that she has continued to improve. My sister in law is particularly going through it as she is staying with Lexi the whole time. This after spending several weeks in hospital herself before Lexi was born.

We took d1 back to uni yesterday and spent a lovely day on the coast. We walked along Caister beach and then drove to Great Yarmouth where we popped into the arcades and a craft fair. It was a nice distraction. Finished the day at Pizza Express (during my low immunity week!) and lived to tell the tale. 😊

Absolutely worn out today so still sitting in bed cuddling the cat.

Catch up with you all later.

Sar xxx

IMG-20190526-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20190526-WA0011.jpg

20190526_154131.jpgI actually won!

IMG-20190526-WA0006.jpgWe didn't make this but wished we had!

Morning MBJ

I can see the likeness 😊A47F71A3-82B9-4E53-89F0-5AF36CC98952.jpegWe spotted each other again.

With your daughter. I am feeling better having walked.

Tesco next .72B81D56-A46E-44D9-A6D9-3141770A8E90.jpegMum and I, teenage daughter took the picture.

Correction, the kids are going.

Daisy, how you feeling today love? Sounds horrible....x

been reading on the Dec thread and picking up some good tips on hair issues when it starts to appear ( I'm way off but good to know) I know I'm going to hate my white/grey hair so hair chalks may come in handy! They come in all colours too...never knew they existed! Also something called red dot shampoo? From lush? Will be looking into that also! 

Rosina, really enjoyed "The wife" on Netflix.....have also downloaded the calm app.....I'm loving the nighttime stories! X

I do hope today finds you all as well as you can be....I love you one and all!!! Xxxxx

MBJ

My Lovely Daughter Vickki is 43 today. Can't wait to see her when the family come home in July. IMG_20190527_095929.jpg

Me too cannot WAIT for this chemo to be over.  I am so fed up with walking around like I have a hot poker in each orifice.  It really is horrible and I dont know what I can do to stop it next time.  Surgery is an absolute breeze compared to this.

Hi Edinbird,

lovely photos as Implausible said.

I slept again this afternoon ( after my walk) drummer boy next door decided to practice ( he drums whenever he gets the urge , sometimes it is 10 pm) apart from sticking a Christmas card through their door and politely requesting some respite from the loud music with the foul language in it, we don’t have much interaction.

Mum decided to go next door and ring their doorbell asking for an hour of peace. They cooperated 🤗

Re, GA I wasn’t afraid . Actually I was so knackered I welcomed a good sleep !

Like Impossible says , chemotherapy is the toughest. I also want to get to the end of it !!!

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Rosina

Lovely photos Edinbird!  Your nephew is adorable and everyone looks to be having a ball at the party.  Shame it is so far away from you so you couldn't go Smiley Sad

As for the bell...agree that the end of chemo won't be the end of everything.  But it will still be the end of blooming chemo!!! Smiley Very Happy  And boy oh boy I can't wait!   I won't be dinging an actual bell on my last sesh, but I'll be over the moon to get it behind me all the same.  I'd definitely say that chemo has been one of the most unpleasant things I've ever had to deal with.  Really looking forward to it being in my rear view mirror.

Hope your tooth is ok!  

I'm just home from Leicester.  Shattered!!!  But had a brilliant weekend.  Saw so many old friends.  Made some new ones.  Watched some total legends paint.  And went to TGI Fridays for dinner for the first time in about 30 years (it hasn't changed much Smiley Very Happy

@Susie B wrote:

Thank you Marlyn and Implausible for your support. Knowing  you were terrified when you first had a ga Implausible makes me feel a little more normal. It really is that old chestnut of fear of the unknown😲😟😢. xxxx 

I was so convinced they were going to put me under and I would never wake up that I wrote letters for each of my kids!!

Uneventful day here. Went to Sainsbury’s - got tired. Sat on sofa all afternoon. Ate dinner - got tired. Now trying to stay up for a bit as too early for bed! Most exciting thing that happened was jarring my tooth on chicken skin of all things!! I blame a chunky bit of salt or pepper but it feels really horrible now 🥴

Looks like Jack had a good party, he certainly seemed like he wanted his cake! First pic is my auntie and uncle, then mum and dad, then Anna my sister and Richard. Hopefully I’ll get some photos of him on his trike but his legs are too short! I’m sure he’ll be big enough soon 😊

4CE3D325-ECDD-4231-967E-D0435836BCB1.jpeg

A8C5FA93-D72D-40BD-A81F-8F7B266B2EB7.jpeg

9E9ED9EC-EB40-4C57-A187-FD70D4203C0E.jpeg

I’m not scared of the anaesthetic so much but I guess I might change my mind when it’s time! I think I’ll be a mess when I see my friend before I go in though, I know he’ll be worrying about me and I might not see him until I can drive again afterwards. If I’m getting surgery 4-6 weeks after last chemo it’s likely to be just before or after his birthday too. Will just have to see what date I get.

And no bell for me - not only have I not seen one but it’s not for me. This has changed me - I might get rid of it now but it’ll be with me forever. I can’t ring a bell and pretend it’s all over. I’ll get my tattoos and show you them instead they will mark my milestones and make me stronger 💪🏻💕

Thank you Marlyn and Implausible for your support. Knowing  you were terrified when you first had a ga Implausible makes me feel a little more normal. It really is that old chestnut of fear of the unknown😲😟😢. xxxx 

Hi Daisy Di

you will bounce back my darlin if I can anyone can and I’ve been really bad in this T - if your really bad with aches ask for codeine and for temp try not to panic give yourself time to cool down and heat up I spoke with my onc about. It and she said your body struggles to regulate temp which is me - we’ll today I look like slap face syndrome it can’t be the sun I reckon it’s the wind chapping my face I look stupid though - eyelashes are also doing one today (I  look like a walking zombie ) I’ve honestly had really ugly days but today especially it cannot get any worse onwards and upwards from now on xx🙃❤️

Hi everybody

I am resting my weary feet for a little while in Leicester Pret a Manger (or as my son calls it "mum's posh Greggs" Smiley Happy ) , as I've already done 13k steps today and quite frankly I think that's enough after yesterday.  So I have time to catch up with you all....

Daisy...and Edinbird.... much sympathy from me for the itchy undercarriages!!!!  Here's hoping you can get them under control.

Edinbird....the little trike is so cute!  Arranging the present delivery so that some other bugger has to assemble and wrap it is genius Smiley Happy

Seaside, any further updates on little Lexi? X

MBJ , gorgeous photos from Swansea, and I am very pleased to learn that a pleasant time spent with a sister still happens sometimes Smiley Very Happy   To be absolutely fair to mine, she is ok in a neutral environment Smiley Happy  I did meet her a few months back at a local ish stately home and gardens and we had a nice afternoon.  It is just that I knew she would be judgy when she (finally, I've lived there over 16 years) came to my house, and whoa boy she didn't disappoint Smiley Very Happy

Annoying about your wasted trip to church today!

Nettie.... there is literally nothing on earth I like better than a big buffet tea, please invite me round next time Smiley Very Happy  and hooray for energy!  Don't half appreciate it when it has been taken away, huh?  I'll be glad when I can walk up very slight inclines without getting totally out of breath like an old person.

Ocean I'm glad that you are coping well with the weekly Taxol.  Although as you say it doesn't give you much of a breather in between....

All the very best of luck in passing on your news to your son and daughter.  I'm sure it will be a little bit of a shock to the system at first but hopefully they will appreciate that you waited until you could tell them face to face.  And they will be able to see how well you are coping with everything which will be so reassuring for them.

Hope all goes well!

Wonderful photos as ever x

Rosina I love your photos too, so many plants!!!  And well done for getting to a calm place with your mum Smiley Happy

Susie....I like "FOG" Smiley Happy  I'm with Marlyn re general anaesthetic.   Love it!  Best sleep ever!  Genuinely look forward to it nowadays Smiley Very Happy But before my hysterectomy 2 years ago I had never had a GA and was TERRIFIED. So I understand where you are coming from  100 percent.

Deano I am exactly like you.  I get a couple of good days, TOTALLY overdo it and end up broken Smiley Happy  worth it though Smiley Happy

My chemo unit doesn't have an actual bell to ring.  But I'm all for a virtual ding dong Smiley Happy

Daisy I swear that T makes us run hotter than  usual in the first week or so.  I really should have gone to hospital last week when my temp went up crazy high for a few hours.  But I was fine by the morning...  I guess better safe than sorry should be the mantra but I just couldn't face going back there!

Right....I'd better wrap up, my other half has just texted that he is waiting for me outside....  here are a couple more pics from this weekend....

20190525_200149-picsay.jpg

20190525_195105-picsay.jpg

20190525_144745-picsay.jpg

20190525_143212(0)-picsay.jpg

20190525_132013-picsay.jpg

I can barely walk today Deano.  Looking forward to bouncing back very soon.  Had a bit of a fright last night as my temp was 37.8 and I was really panicking.  It is always 36 point something.  Just kept taking it and it went down to 37.4 in time for me to go to bed.  It was still over 37 this morning but I has just come down to 36.9 so think Ive got away with this.  So want to feel better

Susie,

i was a day job, got there 7.30am, was second on list, went up to theatre around 11am, was back on ward sitting up eating toast by 3pm and back home by 5 pm having me dinner.....that night I had the best sleep of my life! Honestly, you will wonder why you were so worried.....I promise xxxxx

Know how you feel when energy levels kick back  in Deano. I soon learned to take it steady at all times, even now when I'm 6 weeks past chemo. I'm deffinitely up for the virtual bell ringing🔔🔔🔔🔔. Bring it on, the sooner the better.

Marlyn thanks for your kind words and description of going under the anaesthetic. I'll be in hospital as a day patient - in at around 7:30 - and should be 1st on the list as my surgeon knows how anxious I am. My high blood pressure and rapid heart beat kind if gave it away when I met her a few weeks ago and had pre op assessment. 

Rosina your husband obviously enjoys his plants🌴☘🌿🌾🌾. Loved the photo you took of the bit that does your head in. My hubby  has to have everything neatly tidied away, almost but not quite, obsessive about it. May post some photographic evidence sometime☺.   

Hi Susie

Thanks for the shout out I’m fine just had a few days in which I’d overdone stuff and could hardly walk for 3 days - plus this messaging thing doesn’t always post. I have bounced back today and now gonna take it steady just got xcited when I had good days. 

Are we all coming up for our last treatments soon and if so are we posting ringing the bell. I’ll flipping ring the arse out of it let me tell ya.

The weather in Derbyshire is windy and rainy which I love I ended burning my cheekbones slightly with the heat in week and my mouth tastes like the inside of gandhi’s Flip flop hitch is great for weight loss ❤️❤️

Susie,

14 th will soon be here, you will look back with relief it's done....general anaesthetic is wonderful, whoever invented it is fantastic ( who did invent it)? One minute your laying there waiting for the injection to go in...next your waking up! It truly is a miracle......and the sleep you have after is  Fandabbydozey!! Did you say your in overnight? Xxxx

Hi everyone 

Thanks for the reassuring messages regarding my upcoming surgery. I'm getting to the stage where evicting Gremlin and his family has to take presidence over my fear of general aneasethic. On my calendar the 14th June simply has FOG written down.

Ocean21 yet more beautiful photos and so calming☺. The poppies in the fields brought back memories of our recent trip to Aix and trip out to the vineyards. As for Jackson in the car, butter wouldn't melt. As for family matters and informing them of what's happening it can very difficult. I only told my mum because she would have been suspicious of my new hair style with its straighter rather than slight wave to it, also she would have been difficult if she wanted to visit and I had to put her off. We've only recently told my sister-in-law, hubby's twin, because we're approaching the time of year when she will pop in when returning from a trip to Devon. Again the hair would give things away somewhat. Barrying chemo😠. Also the cancelled holiday to Greece hasn't helped.

Rosina are you sure you haven't got my mum secreted in your house somewhere? You've described her to a T. The only difference is that my mum had a sister but she sadly passed away many years ago. I got on better with my aunt than my mum. We're well practiced at the smile and nod  routine.

MJB hope you've dried off. It's raining here in Somerset now, just drizzle at the moment🌫🌪. 

Seaside Sar hope Lexi gets well soon. We're all wishing her well.

Edinbird hope your nephew enjoys his birthday. I love the bike, it looks really cute.

Need to go now. Hubby's just got back from getting some bits for the greenhouse and bought some flowers for me which I need to put in a vase. Speak to you all later. Take care xxxxxx 

04593F03-5303-43D3-BA44-0F1426E4853C.jpegThe potted jungle

BFCD4439-CEAE-4D03-B3CD-923B4E42204B.jpegThe bit that does my head in

32BC8253-E430-4A3F-8065-A61E66627133.jpegH1 gardening style. Plant and grow

A5711290-7078-43C2-A7CC-B3BEE0450102.jpegOur front

36270555-DEAA-4817-BC52-88D12E06C3F0.jpegThe path from our front door

06F983D8-104B-4FBF-9E11-499D839E6011.jpegHostas in our back garden

824383A8-ACFB-41B4-A5B9-B500E962DADE.jpegPhiladelphus in the back- I like this one

Morning Ladies,

going for a walk now.

Thanks for the photos Ocean21.

I love poppies and fields of wheat.

MBJ at least going out to church got you a walk.

I made carrot, ginger and lime soup today.

Mum still talking- she wishes she had a sister or older brother ( she has neither) and she has a collection of odd ball friends with plenty of stories attached to them. I did better listening though today , kept checking in with myself ( this is what meditation trains you to do) and although aware of my irritation it didn’t flare up.

So my practice must be doing something 🤪

I will take a picture of H1’s garden obsession at the front of our house as I leave.

I once had an enquiry if we sold plants- we don’t.

😳

MBJ

I need those calming photos Ocean 21. Just walked through town in the rain to go to church to find a locked door and a message saying service had been combined with St Thomas church at 9.30. if you don't go every week how are you supposed to know Grrrr.

Wet and cold now so having a calming cappuccino trying to dry off. What a morning and it's only 11am.

8DAD0D18-615F-4A24-B3B7-641E4780B66C.jpegD3B04AC5-140D-466D-807F-5F583EDED5BC.jpegAD56D1CA-9387-4E8D-8A2F-99817EFEDB37.jpeg20DD3F8F-DDCD-4C40-B89F-0C0DABFB574C.jpegF69F49C9-53CF-46FB-86C4-0B7E850FD5E5.jpeg8C8FD1D5-B9A8-4A80-89F7-916C0EFEA274.jpegC845C18A-DB8A-4475-9CDD-5FCEA1A37FE3.jpeg3C1A455C-F36D-401F-A331-3442C65E0AEA.jpeg1D7716DE-D02C-4CFB-ABF4-DE1EFD265447.jpeg

Implausible, your Leicester pics were great. That mural must look stunning up close. Sorry to read about your sister . I don’t get in with mine either. She’s made it quite clear she doesn’t like me and frankly I feel the same about her now. Live your life , you’ve done well without her approval thus far why change?!

Anyone I haven’t mention, apologies. Love and hugs to you just the same.D0E52F7B-92EA-4768-A683-F3BB47031789.jpeg58DCD483-41FE-4856-829E-5C00DCE1FAF9.jpeg0A76BE2B-527A-4183-9468-5A890C269D56.jpeg20C74D57-62D1-496F-B987-E15FD40B3138.jpegDBC35AB4-EE3F-45DB-A7AA-1675EDE946DB.jpegCDDE1F8C-1A79-4ECD-A605-5C1245000D0F.jpeg8712DF3C-E329-4246-850F-07FFA8760E36.jpeg

More pics

Good morning loved ones,

All’s well this end. Caught up with 4 pages of posts. Think the way that we natter is fabSmiley Happy

Seasidesar hope Lexi continues to make progress.

Susieb good that you’ve got a date for your up. Try not to stress. I found it quite a relief to have mine,the lump was out and I could stop worrying about what it was doing and just concentrate on treatment.

Trixielady and Sonia hope you’re both doing better. Rosina , keep breathing and counting when dealing with your mum. I’m the same with mine. 

MBJ, how cool do you look in your hats. They really suit you. Great pics of your day out too. Hope that landscaper shows up. If he doesn’t get someone else in. Honestly , you’ll get such a lift psychologically when it’s done. AA409E47-E0E7-42E0-863E-00C1E0140D99.jpegClematisE5555F78-A713-4D11-85CD-BB37BD2D850E.jpegJackson, on our way to drop car off at garageBB0F2F0C-215C-4E46-B4ED-10BA4D517AF6.jpegThe walk back home from garage. Rural living , no buses , so no option but to walk.05408446-4D74-4523-9CD0-220670C6BEFE.jpegJackson and his beloved.4908F5B7-8D3A-4725-96DC-A1C9FABC4449.jpeg

The weekly Taxol is going fine. Though I have to say it does sometimes feel like I’ve hardly had time to turn around before the next one is upon me. 5 more to go , I have them every Tuesday so the next one is rolling up quickly. 

Got my appointment with the radiologist on Wednesday to discuss my radiotherapy. Do t know what to expect from that really because the system here may differ from what you guys will have. Hope I don’t have any of your I’m face down dreams Marlyn!

My youngest two are flying in today. I’m a both stressed and obviously really looking forward to having them here. I’m stressing because you may remember I have told them about this bc business mainly because we’re not in the same place and also because my youngest son lost his dearest friend shortly after my lumpectomy and he was utterly distraught. He’s been having a hard time getting over it so much so the gp signed him off for two weeks. He’s also been missing me . My boy is built like the proverbial brick sh*thouse but he’s definitely a mummy’s boySmiley Happy When my daughter rang and told me what’d happened I just told them both to come over. It’s been an expensive week. Paid their air fares and the fares for eldest and his family. He works his butt off but there’s never any spare cash for things like holidays. 

I took the bull by the horns and told their older brother on Friday. He was obviously distressed by the news but he was very calm which helped our conversation enormously. As I’m genuinely doing very well I could  tell him that and besides anything else he’s able to reflect on the fact that when we FaceTime, which we do regularly, I’m still mum. Aside from the fact that I’ve always got a hat clamped on my head ! Now he knows why.

My eldest has always been a calm one. His younger brother is mr emotional but I can’t hide the fact that the nurse us coming tomorrow to takes bloods or that I’m going  for chemo on Tuesday.So, I’ve got to have ‘ the conversation ‘ with them. Wish me luck Smiley Happy 

Must say that I love the photos everyone posts. It’s a great window into your  worlds. Edinbird your garden looks so peaceful as does yours SusieB. I’m impressed with your lawns. Tim’s getting to grips with ours ,lawns seem to be such a bloke thing . I once watched a Gardeners World Show were these guys were lawn obsessives One refused to le5 his grandchildren play on his , the other wouldn’t go on holiday because he’d rather have a staycation with his lawn and another guy was a retired gp who’d won competitions for his.Who knew there are such things!  Frankly all of them need to live a little

Plants that like the shade Nettienoo , all the ones the Susieb hubby suggested. Personally, I love hostas and ferns. They look magnificent as they mature and they do well in pots. If you get any hostas though you’ll have to be on slug and snail watch in their growing season especially after it rains or during a spell of wet weather. Foxgloves do well in shade but remember they flower every two years so stagger your planting times so that when ones not in flower the other is. Aquilegias also love shade. David Austin roses are beautiful and great quality, not cheap but worth the expenditure. Their catalogue is a dream if you love roses , they’re on line too but I’m a sucker gardening catalogues. Sarah Raven has a beautiful one which is great for planting ideas and colour schemes but be wary of her prices , you can find many if the things # she has in sale cheaper elsewhere. 

David Austin has a section on their website about roses that can do well in the shade so check it out.

Right wonderful ones, I’d better get on still got cleaning to finish.

Meanwhile, as always some pics for you.

SusieB, I’m here and all is well at the moment thank you. My daughter and her family have been here for the day and I did a rather large buffet tea for us all. Busy day and I was on my feet for most of it. It was great to have some energy at last. I hope this continues until chemo 5. I’m was in bed by 8.30 pm so exhausted but worth it. 

I see you have op date. I’m sure all will be fine my love. I was extremely nervous before mine but it really was a doddle compared to what we are all going through with chemo.

Daisydi, I’m truly gutted that you are having reactions again. How long did they go on for last time? Would sitting in some cool salty water help? Xx

Sarah, very encouraging to hear she has taken milk. Thinking of you constantly little Lexi.xxx

Good night Ladies,

I had a day ‘off’ today. Slept for 2 hours in the afternoon.22820385-E069-49DE-AEF7-65EA79618461.png

Seasidesar , we are all routing for Lexi.

My mum continues to talk the hind leg off a donkey on this end 😳

Yup still in Leicester, Susie

Shattered.  This is why (below)

Not quite up to peak Rosina levels but more than enough for me less than 2 weeks after my last T dose!!

I now plan to sleep for a week

Seaside, thanks for the update re Lexi.  I'm so glad she is showing signs of improvement.  Wonder if she knows she has a whole pack of fairy godmothers cheering her on here xxx

Screenshot_20190525-220712_Fitbit.jpg

Hi everyone 

Seaside Sar, thanks for the update. Good to know little Lexi has taken some milk but still a big worry for you and your family.

MJB, beautiful photos from Swansea. Interesting to see our part of the country, the South West, from Wales. 

Hope you're ok Ocean21, Deano, Stargazer1, Sandraindurham and Veronica,Trixielady and Nettienoo, can't recall hearing from you recently. 

Edinbird your garden looks peaceful and the trees backing on to you house give a lovely backdrop. We have about 7 properties surrounding ours so not a lot of privacy apart from our cosy corner in our side garden leading to our garage.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening. Are you still in Leicester Implausible. The paintings are brilliant.         

MBJ

H Girls

Well had a lovely lunch in the pub then a walk in the gardens with my sister and brother in law. Here are some photos.IMG_20190525_203411.jpgEntrance to Clyne Gardens in Swansea

IMG_20190525_203439.jpgThe Japanese garden

IMG_20190525_203517.jpgView over Swansea Bay

MBJ

Hi Seaside Sar

I am so pleased that Lexi is improving. Bless her she is so young. 

Seaside,

a good positive update, sounds like everything is going in the right direction......xxxx

Just a little update on Lexi. They have done a lumbar puncture which showed a high white blood cell count and points to it being meningitis but they still won't know for sure until tomorrow. In the meantime, she has managed to keep down a bottle and a half of milk so they have taken her off the drip. They had to move the cannula to her foot as she dislodged the one in her arm. So she's not out of the woods yet but at least it looks promising.

Thank you so much for all your lovely messages. It really means a lot. 💕

Hi daisydi 

Sorry you're having problems again in the downstairs department. Ouch😲☹ and not exactly in a place you can avoid when you're sitting or walking. Memories of stitches after giving birth spring to mind and hubby buying me a rubber ring to sit on, and yes to Marlyn, the John Wayne walk.  

Thanks for the v shaped pillow tip, I'll certainly look into it. My hospital will provide me with a small cushion I can put under my arm when I'm sat/laying down just resting. As for my surgery date it was my choice to wait until now and not be informed a couple of weeks ago. Glad I chose to wait, 3 weeks notice suits me fine. Hope things improve soon. ❤❤❤      

Daisy I join you in the undercarriage club... a week of antibiotics has messed up down there! Hope you feel better soon xx

Sar I really hope Lexi feels better soon too, it’s awful when it’s a child or an animal and you can’t do anything for them 😢 look after yourself too and please let us know how she is when you feel able.

Was determined to have a long lie but have been on my phone for ages! Ought to get up as I have my heart pills to take... today is a sitting on my butt doing nothing day!

And tomorrow is my nephew’s first birthday! My sister wanted me to travel down to Cambridge but that’s too far what if I’m ill what if anyone else is ill? So Jack got this in the post (mummy and daddy had to make it and will have to wrap it!) and I’m sure I’ll get photos tomorrow 😊

79932BF9-CE44-45E8-A839-436EF697543E.jpeg

Daisy,

sorry to read about your undercarriage.....ouchy! Let's hope it doesn't go on for long, hope your not having to do a John Wayne impression while you walk?

just done 4 rads this week ( one got cancelled last minute) got another 20 todo.....eek!! Xxxxx

Morning all, oh Seaside Sar hope little Lexi is ok.  Lots of love to you and your family.

Implausible that artwork is so clever.  Wish I could paint.

My reactions have come back, not quite so bad as last time but swollen, itchy and red undercarriage again.  Very uncomfortable.  Thought it was too good to be true.  Hopefully wont last too long.  Maryln my r/t  will also be at least an hour each way, not looking forward to it at all.  How many have you done now?  Susie glad that you finally have a date.  Not sure if you already have one but those V shaped pillows are great for node clearance when you are in bed.  Still use mine now.

Hope everyone else ok. Speak later x

Love and many many hugs to you and all the family Sarah. Xxx

MBJ

Seaside Sar

I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's not meningitis, but if so she is in the best place getting the antibiotics she needs. My nephew had it when he was five months old. A very frightening time for everyone. Now he is a lovely boy of 8 recovered completely. 

Seaside Sar

So sorry to hear your news about little Lexi. Hopes she recovers soon. Take care and let us know how things are when you feel able. ❤❤❤❤❤

Seaside, so sorry to read that.....please let us know how she gets on? Sending love and healing hugs xxx

80212E07-81A4-4E07-9CB9-43638E0BE882.png

Oh Sarah I'm sorry to hear that!!

I hope she bounces back super quickly on the antibiotics xx  do let us know x

Hi all, 

I'm starting to think this year is doomed. My little niece Lexi is in hospital with suspected meningitis. She is having 3 lots of antibiotics and has been in overnight crying with hunger, unable to keep any milk down. Poor little thing.

So I may be quiet for a bit....still thinking of you all though. And I can hug again!

Sar xxx

Rosina that piece is by Australian artist Smug One

He only started it on Thursday

This is where he had got up to by yesterday morning, so you can see how much progress he made by comparing to my pic from last night:

FB_IMG_1558767174075.jpg

He works alone but at such speed!  I love watching him paintSmiley Happy

6F0D2FD3-FE87-4DC8-9D0D-333B4B505DBD.png

Morning all,

Edinbird your Garden looks most inviting. Hope all the assessments go well and that HR are understanding.

Susie B the surgery will be fine.

Glad that you have a date and that you know what is happening.

Remember the arm and shoulder exercises.

Marlyn that is a long drive to and from the Hospital. How many radiotherapy sessions have you got in total?

Implausible, great photos again. The girl with the scarf is amazing. How long does it take to create something like that?

Seasidesar is the finger soreness due to ‘peripheral neuropathy ‘ ? I kept seeing posters about this in the Chemotherapy ward at Crawley Hospital . It should ease up once treatment ends.

Trixielady how are you ?

Ocean21 hope you’re are full on with the garden and doing well.

Sonia28 I have had a look at the ESA as my last Statutory Sickness payment is in June. My employers sent me a SSP1 form. I went into my local Jobcentre and got the necessary form ( all 23 pages of it) which I have just completed. I now have to call them to make a New Claim appointment .

The paper work says that I need to take my sickness notes to the appointment hopefully my GP can provide copies as they all went to my school ( employer) and nobody said that I had to keep copies.

This will be interesting.

I plan to go back to work in September.

In the meantime, I have another blood test this Tuesday to see if dose #5 can go ahead on Wednesday.

With all these neutrophil delays instead of being ‘done’ by the end of May chemotherapy will be dragging on into June.

Mum wants to come with me for dose 5 and I have said yes 😳

Who needs TV soap operas? They just need to film over here 🤪

Must meditate, 

have a great Saturday 🌼