61189members
322621posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Hi Susie B

thankyou for your kind thoughts.

I pop on here now and again to see how everyone’s doing but because I’ve been suffering from anxiety I find it easier to try and take myself away from the situation. I’ve never suffered from anxiety even when I had 3 children under the age of 3 and then years later a seriously ill grand daughter, I guess this BC brings out different emotions in all of us.  

Sonia... I too lost my eyelashes right st the end after my last chemo. I was wondering if it’s ok to have false ones put on?

Nettienoo.. I’m sorry to hear your chemo got postponed at the last minute, enjoy your extra ‘good’ week and good luck for your last one.

Trixielady.... hope you are ok?

Love & hugs to everyone else.

Ive now finished my treatment as I cannot have radiotherapy. The T has left me with an infection in my hand which the hosp says can happen, yet another course of antibiotics, hopefully it will go soon, what with that & the extravation I suffered my poor hand is a mess. The nurse drew a line around the infection it started off a bit heart like & then became this.......photo attached  😂😂  I haven’t started my Letrozole yet but am having monthly  Zoladex injections, 6 monthly infusions of Zometa, daily calcium tablets & monthly liquid vitamin d which my daughter said looks like a shot  😂 phew!!  & to think I never liked taking tablets!  

Aw photo won’t upload, says it’s too big? Let’s just say it was a very symbolic shape!

Good luck to everyone having treatment or recovering 💕

Lisa

Nettie I think SeasideSar is next to finish ?tomorrow.  My last one is on Monday.  Dreading it but  cant wait to finish ..

Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well Marie. I’m sure your holiday will do you the world of good and you look fab in the elephant trousers. The sandals are perfect with them too. 

Implausible Sarah, “shizzle” is a word I use a lot myself and there is a lot of shizzle going on at the moment. I am normally such a kind, gentle, non violent type of person but there is something about Trump’s face that makes me want to punch it! That’s bad I know but I just can’t stand the man.  I’m pretty sure the Queen must feel the same too.  😂.

Suzie, we need to see some pics of your print trousers too. 

Sonia are you done and dusted for today?

Marlyn, how are the rads going this week? 

Who is the next one to finish chemo? Xx

Hi

I am from the April starters group, i pop on here to look for info and advice ( and to be nosey! ).  MBJ where did you get the trousers from?  They look really nice. 

I will be having my first lot of docetaxil on Tuesday and have Herceptin and Pertuzumab on Wednesday so i am a bit nervous, i had got used to the side effects of EC.  Apparently because its my first dose of each it has to be done two separate days in case i have a reaction, the next lot after can then be done on the same day. Has anyone in this group had theirs like this?

Thanks

Debi

Hi MJB

Guilty as charged. It was me. I've got several pairs in different colours and designs. I agree, they are soooooooo comfy that's why I've ended up with so many pairs. Your's are great 🐘🐘🐘🐘☺

Susie xx   

MBJ

Hi Again

I remember someone saying they loved elephant print trousers, here are mine. So comfy.IMG_20190605_154126.jpg

MBJ

Good Morning Ladies

Lots going on as usual on this thread.

Sarah (Implausible) well done on completing your chemo what a great party 🍾🎊🎉🎺🎷🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔. Few bells there for you. I am really proud to know you Sarah a real trouper. 

Trixielady please don't be like me and beat yourself up about having chemo stopped, at least you got 4 under your belt, three more than me. Our bodies will only take so much and some of us seem to be more affected by side effects than others. Although please everyone don't think I am minimising what you have all been through and are still putting up with. But the risks and benefits have to be weighed up as I know only too well.

I have had a tough few days, feeling sick and a bit giddy. I was really worried that it was sideffects of the Letrozole but my GP thought this unlikely as I have been on them now for 2 1/2 months. She prescribed me some antiemetics (did not tell her but could probably have sold her a few from the chemo unit). Feeling more myself today and am going to go to Slimming World not to see if I have  lost weight but for my mental well being. I will see the girls I volunteer with and we will have a laugh. Hopefully do Rock Choir tomorrow too and sing on Sunday in Llanelli Race for Life 

Been watching the D-DAY celebration from Portsmouth, the veterans were so brave and make me feel like a coward. I they can land on those beaches not knowing if they would survive then I can face my fears too.

Been worried I would spoil our holiday next week if I still felt sick not the best way to sail the Bristol Channel. But another week yet so hope now I will be ready to set sail.

Good luck to all facing more chemo and Rads this week. Love you all xxxx

Oh and good luck for today Sonia!!

Nettie, I've read a few people saying that the first "fuzzy" regrowth tends to come back out, but then the next regrowth is more "normal looking" and that's the one that sticks.  So hopefully that will soon come through for you.

Thanks for the petition link Rosina.  Sadly there have been a ton of similar ones set up overnight and it is spreading the voice too thinly.  They need one central one like the remain petition that 6 million signed (and the Govt still ignored!  Like somehow they chose to interpret the swing to Remain supporting parties as the people saying they hadn't delivered Brexit quickly enough.  You can't make this shizzle up!)

Rosina, I’ve signed. Was it you who said about a refund for Carmen tickets? I’m on it. 😘

Sarah, loving the last chemo photos. I wish I was nearer so I could come and give you a big congratulatory hug. I’m keeping everything crossed you stay well this time. 

Sonia, I’m thinking of you today sweetie. Love the Snapchat photo! 😂. 

Trixie, please don’t be a stranger. You are one of the gang always.x

I think there is lots of other things I wanted to say but mind gone blank for now.....

Im still feeling a bit ropey and something strange has happened. My hair had started to grow back. Had a lovely fuzz going on. Woke up this morning and it was all on my pillow!!!! I suppose it’s just the accumulation of 4 FEC suddenly took affect. Weird though. Ps Haven’t dares check out the eyelashes yet as have a feeling the last few may have departed. Xx

Thanks for the link Rosina,  I've signed it. xx

606C264F-EC31-4BD8-9B67-030D41CF55E3.jpegUsing snap chat this is what I think to BC

Good news for you Sonia that chemo is going ahead tomorrow and that you can still use the PICC line.

Bet you'll be glad when it's out and you can have a shower without having tothink about putting a waterproof cover on. I'm stuck with my Klingon for a while yet☹.

Good luck for tomorrow Sonia.  xx

Sarah, I just remembered you asked about my eyelashes. I pay a lady £25 to stick them all on, they are very soft ones fee like real ones. And they last a few weeks xx 

Big Pharma must be kept out of the NHS

Ladies, I have signed and I am sharing this petition.

The NHS must not be a part of any trade agreement with the US.

This is serious.

Sign and share far and wide.

I repeat THIS NEEDS EVERYONES ATTENTION.

NOT A LAUGHING MATTER.

✌️

I was told by a nurse last time that there is a bell not on the ward, in the mustard tree unit. 

Fabulous new Sarah, my bloods are good so I’m good to go tomorrow, and then my Picc line comes out too 🎉🎉🎉, she was so careful doing my line today and said don’t cough as it may come out when the dressing was off🤪 couldn’t get bloods out the Picc line but can flush so can  can use it tomorrow and they got blood out first time from cannula 😱

We are doing this ladies xx love you all 💕

Happy faces all around😊😀😃. Well done Implausible. 

I don't think our unit has a bell either Rosina,  unless I've missed something.  

Implausible how lovely of you;

“I left them the "last chemo" bunting (as hopefully I will never need it again!) and the yay balloon, in case another patient wants to use them one day.”

I haven’t even spotted a bell at my place. Anywhere ☹️

Don’t think that bashing an alarm or pulling the alarm toggle in the loo would be appreciated 🤪

@daisydi wrote:

Well done Sarah.  You look very happy!

There was cake!!!

Well done Sarah.  You look very happy!

Hi Ever'body Smiley Happy

Edinbird.... if your street hasn't blown up yet from a 25 year old problem, then I reckon you are probably safe for another day or two Smiley Very Happy  it is like when I got a recall letter for my tumble dryer that I've used every day for 8 years with no issues.  The letter said I mustn't use it until they came out to fix it as it could spontaneously burst into flames!  I took my chances Smiley Very Happy

And Rosina, that soup looks yum!  Glad your taste buds are on the mend Smiley Happy

As some of you have spotted on the Facebooks already, my last chemo went well and we had our little partayyyy Smiley Happy

I look so fat and bald!!!!  But I decided that the moment needed marking publicly nevertheless.  

The close up photo is going on my fridge Smiley Very Happy  not only am I huge but I am pulling the oddest face!

received_379811482671151-picsay.jpeg

received_607156003027443-picsay.jpeg

Annoyingly after 5 sessions with the same 2 nurses , a third one was there today, but I had only taken presents in for 2.  Never mind, I've never met her before, I doubt she was expecting a gift Smiley Happy

As for the party, it was all our own doing (myself and the other Sarah) as we were both finishing today.  And more importantly, we had checked that no other patient was going to be there today.  We wouldn't have felt comfortable celebrating too ostentatiously if there was someone there on only their first or second chemo.  Would be a little gauche!

I also wouldn't have bothered if it was just me.  But the two of us geed each other on a bit Smiley Very Happy

She brought along the bell (the unit itself doesn't have one) and doughnuts.  I took all the decorations and some cupcakes Smiley Happy  The nurses seemed surprised so I don't think it happens oftenSmiley Happy  but they enjoyed it (and the cakes) Smiley Happy  I left them the "last chemo" bunting (as hopefully I will never need it again!) and the yay balloon, in case another patient wants to use them one day.

It was a really fun atmosphere.  We enjoyed it Smiley Happy

Now I'm just priming myself to get through the upcoming last naff weekend and hopefully avoid another trip to hospital/prison Smiley Happy 

Fingers crossed eh!  In the meantime I shall enjoy my last day and a half of 'roid energy Smiley Happy

Sarah x

Hello I think I have discovered soup heaven ( or may be my taste buds are slowly awakening 🤪).

7B1E57AA-AEBD-4FE9-9A72-C4BF261212EF.jpegJust cooked

8136F9F0-AB19-4DAF-9698-4FBDDF8D59DE.jpegSpiced carrot and lentil recipe

It’s a spicy carrot and red lentil soup ( easy to make too) . I chose to do it as I had all the ingredients ( bar the cream which I would have left out anyway) so no supermarket traipsing 👍👍👍

Morning everyone 

Hope all goes well today Sarah. Enjoy your little celebration🎉🎉🎉🎊. I don't think that happens here, but it is only a small unit. And Sarah, who can forget Blake's 7? 

Edinbird, I know every hospital or in my case each radiogragher is different  but I was told at my final scan that Gremlin had shrunk. When I asked about the size she told me. I wasn't told anything at my second scan. No harm in asking and I'm sure if you have felt it soften then something will have happened to it. Getting the results and discussing the treatment plan is stressful, but like with everything else you will get through it!    

Trixielady, I know it's difficult but try not to stress too much about only having 4 rounds of chemo. Reading through my ROSCO trial notes in some cases only 4 rounds are necessary but some  medics still give 6 because that's conventional.  You're still having Herceptin and that's considered a real game changer, and then tamoxifen so your body will still be getting help.  

Must go now. I've got an oven to clean☹. 

Have the best day you can everyone. I know some of you aren't feeling 100% at the moment xxx   

Good luck for today Sarahxx

Glad you are feeling better Rosina. Edinbird hope you are ok

Trixielady sorry they have had to stop chemo but you have had a fair wack and it should have done its job by now.  A friend of mine only had 3 TC as she got neuropathy and wouldnt have been able to do her job, she is an ultrasonographer. I think it is fairly common to stop early.  We just have to believe they know what they are doing.

Love to everyone else xxxx

Good luck Sarah!! 💪🏻🥳

Sat in bed after sweaty old night. Need to get up for food drink and pills but there are men coming!!! There’s been concerns over how the pipes from the gas meters on our estate were installed about 25 years ago and the MP has pushed for checks to be done. Have arranged for 9.30 so husband is here to deal with them. They’ll see me if I go downstairs so hiding away in bed until they’ve been.

Didn’t do anything yesterday so I’m super scummy!! Ah they’re here early yay! So I’ll be able to get going soon. I’m sure I’ll feel better after a wash and something to eat and drink.

Trixie I’m sorry you’re so stressed at stopping early. You guys at least know yours is mop up - mine is first line of defence! Two more days then I see if my scans can give an early indication of shrinkage but I guess I don’t know until it’s actually removed. Trying not to stress about what surgery I’ll need that’s another week to wait. Best sort myself out now. Doesn’t sound like we have any big problems from what I overheard from here so don’t have to worry about the house blowing up!

Good luck for today, Sarah. 🍰🎉🎈

Post some pics of the end of chemo party. Love it!

I think mine will be more low key. Have only seen 3 people ring the bell and all of them literally ran out of the unit straight afterwards. Other than that, you'd never have known it was their last session.

Glad you're feeling more upbeat. Go get this last lot of weird stuff and imagine us all cheering you on.

Go Sarah!

Yay Rosina I'm glad you are feeling better today!

The bunting just came with letter stickers so you can personalise it however you like....

Morning Ladies,

I have woken up to a better self (no aches 🤗) and feeling more upbeat.

Implausible, Good Luck with final chemotherapy today. I didn’t know you could get party themed ‘last chemo’ decorations 😀 just thinking about you and your friend enjoying your last session in full party style has made me smile. Photos please ( if you can).

Trixielady , do keep letting us know how you are getting on.

Netttie, my Mum thinks you should be able to get a refund on your ticket to see Carmen at the Royal Opera House . Worth calling them ( or whoever you purchased your tickets through) , Implausible also has good suggestions. My bc nurse said that the body recovers during chemotherapy by a healthy diet, plenty of rest and good quality sleep. I was also irritated by my delays , the only day I haven’t been out for a walk was yesterday- so I don’t know if I overdid it and should have rested more. On the other hand I read somewhere that actually the 3 week cycle is a compromise between allowing for the body to recover and getting through treatment at a timely pace so that people are back at work within 6 months rather than a year.

Right shower next,

Have a good day everyone.

Love , 

Rosina

Still wide awake - go steroids!

Trixielady, I can understand why you are anxious as the decision has been made for you and it seems scary to stop early.  But please try not to worry too much.  You were very close to the end of your chemo regime , and the fact that it was so aggressive on your healthy cells (hence you have suffered so Smiley Sad  ) would strongly imply that it has done a real number on any rogue cancerous cells too.  So I am sure you are safe to finish up, your doc knows best.  Try to relax and enjoy the fact that you don't have to go through any more of those horrid chemo side effects x

And please don't be a stranger forever, we care about you and will be wondering how you are getting on x just an occasional catch up if you can?

Hope you start to feel lots more human very soon

Evening Ladies 

I've had chemo stopped because apparently its doing more harm than good only had 2 left but feeling totally gutted, especially because they changed my  3xT to paclitaxel and my body couldn't even handle that one on a weekly dos,  I'm scared stiff but happy I don't have to put up with the stuff anymore!!

Two weeks rest then continuing 3 weekly with herceptin injections and then hopefully onto tamoxifen for ten years well that puts me at 60 so unwards and upwards xx

Sorry Nettienoo yours has been delayed a week xx

Implausible hope all goes well tomorrow xx 

So ladies really can't get my head around things lately, so i might not be on for awhile

Take care as you all continue on the next part of your journey xxx

Oh and I'm super upset about Paul Darrow passing today because I used to be flipping **obsessed** with Blake's 7!!

Such a giant nerd! I can't help it Smiley Happy

Rest in peace Kerr Avon, you magnificent b@st@rd 

Oh blimeyI'm so behind.  This is going to be a long one!

Sorry I've been mainly AWOL.  Was just going through a low patch.

Feeling better now (probably because I am back on my beloved 'roids!) , so it is time for me to catch up...

Nettie.... glad that your daughter is recovering well, and how weird you dreamt of Peggy! 

But I am so annoyed and upset for you about your last minute delay today Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad how freaking annoying!!!!  I wonder if the chap at the hospital only looked at the neutrophil number and not the WBC?  Smiley Sad  where exactly in your cycle would the Carmen gig fall after #6?  Is it a total no no?  Or in your low immunity weekend so you will prob feel ok but you shouldn't really? (Like I was when I went up to Leicester).   I'm wondering if you could get away with it by gathering yourself up well with antibac gel and maybe wrapping a nice silk scarf around your mouth if anyone sat near you is sniffling??

Marlyn.... the thing your onco said about the possibility of chemo side effects becoming permanent was one of the things I couldn't get out of my head yesterday!  It was my "good weekend" yet still I felt - still feel utterly exhausted.  On FEC by my good weekend I felt completely normal, so that reassured me that I would perk back up to my old self pretty soon after chemo ended.  But with T I genuinely wonder if I will still be permanently shattered in months or even years to come!  I asked a friend who had chemo about 4 years ago and she didn't help at all by saying that she doesn't think you ever feel like your old self again.  I spent most of yesterday crying like a colander under the tap!!!!

But then today I've been thinking of all the other cancer survivors I know who are full of energy and living their lives to the full.  I am determined that all of us will fall into that camp!!!

Ouch ouch ouch at the "basting'!!! But I'm glad that they have figured out why you were getting so sore, and that hopefully you now have a way to avoid it getting worse.

As for the "animated sympathy smile", yeah, it is horrid isn't it!  The other day in my lunch break at work I went for a long walk and ended up on the side of town where our largest competitors are based.  Tons of people leave my firm and go to work there (and vice versa to be fair), so while I was over there I, individually and separately, bumped into 3 ex colleagues.  I had to explain my situation to each of them as I was looking particularly cancery that day Smiley Happy  so I got three separate lots of intense pity.  I was blinking exhausted from it by the time I got back to my desk!

Seaside.... gorgeous photos from Norfolk, including yummy brekkie Smiley Happy
As for putting on weight, don't worry, compared to me you are still tiny!  My first step on the scales since last chemo yesterday morning was another thing that set off my little breakdown!  I've put on a further 5lb making just shy of a 2 stone gain since the start of chemo Smiley Sad  that is from 13 stone 13 (a very comfortable size 14-16) to 15 stone 11 (my size 18 "fat jeans" are tight on me now Smiley Sad   ).    I'm expecting yet another telling off from the nurses tomorrow when I get weighed!   Can't wait to get back to the gym and the pool and I really need to eat better too.  Trouble is I permanently feel tired and under the weather and the only thing that makes both those things better is a bite to eat.  So I've become a total snack monster!

Eeek Edinbird, your post has reminded me that I was supposed to repaint my nails today!  Forgot!  And now I am already tucked up in bed.  Will have to set my alarm a little earlier for the morning and do it before setting off to the hospital.

I'm glad you have had a better day today.  Any more news from your dad?

And huuuuuge congrats on your last chemo!!!  I bet all those pressies went down well Smiley Happy  there are only 2 nurses on my unit so I have got them a card between them for the big board where they put all the thank you cards, plus a bottle of prosecco and little thorntons thank you cake each.   Glad it all went so smoothly and quickly too.

Daisydi you are right to be wary of insect bites if you usually attract them and they ever get infected.  As my doc also said that that could trigger lymphodoema.  God we have to be careful of everything!!

Sonia....how do individual false lashes work?  You have to stick them on one lash at a time?  Doesn't that take all day???  I really miss my eyelashes but that sounds like way more effort than I have energy for Smiley Happy  
So sorry to hear that you lost your mum so young and it must have been such a shock to you if you hadn't even been told she was ill! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

I read an American graphic novel yesterday about a lady who had breast cancer (it is called "The Story Of My Tits" Smiley Happy  I didn't even know that the Americans used that word!  Anyway...in the book her mum gets it first when the main character is still quite young, and she asks her doc what she can do to minimise her own chances.  And he says don't drink much alcohol, and have kids before you are 30.  Can't remember if he specifically mentioned breastfeeding, although she did that too.  But she still ended up with BC by the age of 43.  So breastfeeding definitely isn't a definite 100 percent saviour, but it maybe still reduces the risk a little. 
It was actually quite a funny and heartwarming book despite the subject matter. 

Sorry you had a bit of a shock to the system from your onco today!  I had my pre rads meet with my onco on Friday and got the same gloomy list of potential side effects read at me.  He was at pains to assure me though that heart, lung, rib damage and secondary cancer risk are waaaay less likely nowadays than they used to be, and he wrote "very" next to rare on the sheet and underlined rare twice.  So I decided that there isn't much point worrying too much about the "very rare" stuff unless it actually happens.  The lists sure are depressing when you are sat there hearing them for the first time though!!!!

I'm also having the zolewotsit acid and 10 years of hormone treatment (not sure what yet as they haven't figured out if I am pre or post menopausal).  It really does seem never ending. Friends keep saying to me "nearly over! Yay!" Because they know I have my last chemo tomorrow.  And then I feel like a right Debbie Downer saying "not quite.... I still have a month of radiotherapy,  then more surgery, then 3 monthly drips of some acid stuff, and then 10 years of hormone tablets that will probably make me feel like **bleep**"...... 
(Don't tell my doc but if they have side effects as bad as some people seem to get, I won't be taking them for 10 years!)

Sandra , good to hear from you and sorry things are still tough Smiley Sad  but I am glad to see that by the look of things you managed to get out today, lovely photos of a gorgeous building, thanks for sharing!  I only ever went to Durham once, when I was 17/18 for an interview at the uni that has been messing you about!  (It was my second choice after Warwick, but I got into Warwick in the end), but I do remember it being a lovely looking city with lots of amazing buildings.

Rosina, this part of your post resonated with me so much!  :

" It’s hard when you have been a strong person to then become so weak.
This too shall pass."

This is exactly what is difficult for me.  I've been a strong, independent, energy-filled, hard working single mum who could and did do EVERYTHING.  And now I am weak and tired and - instead of losing my temper like you did (which I think would probably be quite liberating Smiley Happy ) I just collapse into tears!  Not often, but when I do it is for hours.  And I think the kids get a little scared!  As they are used to nothing phasing me, ever!

But you are so right.  This too shall pass.  Thank you for that x  and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Oh and make the roasted red pepper soup again when your taste buds recover.  I've made that one before and it is lush!

Trixielady, my eldest is also 29 and he is being a little weird about the whole thing.  He IS popping round a little more often than usual (he only lives round the corner so he just wanders in on his way to Tesco...) but he doesn't want to talk about my treatment or anything at all related to the cancer.  He goes to huuuuuge lengths to avoid the subject Smiley Happy  so I wait till he is leaving and just give him a quick update and assure him I'm fine and he virtually runs out the door! 
And my middle son up near Liverpool is as uncommunicative as ever!  I'm lucky to get a call once a month.  But he never was a chatter.

Boys!  Smiley Happy

So sorry about your friend's news Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad  what is his/her prognosis?

Sorry to make it all about me me me again!  But a missed diagnosis is one of my big fears.  What if it has spread further and the docs just haven't spotted it.  They haven't done any full body scans so how would they even know?  Ugh, so many worries! Always used to be so carefree about health.  Now I think I will worry about every little pain or funny twinge forever!

Susie, "look up" is my mantra on city breaks too. 

I think that is me caught up.  Only took an hour and a half! Smiley Very Happy   you are all worth it though, like L'oreal models.  Well, slightly balding L'oreal models Smiley Very Happy

So ..... my news, briefly.
Went for bloods today, dreading it because my usual vampire was off in Nairobi selfishly having a holidaySmiley Happy  but it went surprisingly well!  I drank LOADS before I went (water.  Not alcohol Smiley Happy ).  And the stand in doc took a while to turn up which meant my arms / hands got a good 20 minutes under the heat pad to warm up instead of the usual 5 mins tops.  I think that really helped.  The new doc got both test tubes filled on his FIRST ATTEMPT , unheard of!  From the hand everyone else had totally given up on. 
And he even said I had good veins (which had the 2 chemo nurses rolling around laughing Smiley Happy ), nobody has ever used those words about me before Smiley Very Happy

After hospital I went back to the cinema as it seemed to cheer me up yesterday.  Today I saw the comedy Booksmart.  It was really funny.  Recommended.  Probably doesn't need to be seen on the big screen but look out for it when it hits Netflix or the like....

Then I went interview clothes shopping with my 16yo as he has an interview at Pizza Hut tomorrow.  All his old smart clothes are way too big for him now as, unlike his fat mother, he has lost a ton of weight recently.

No call from the chemo unit to say my bloods aren't up to scratch so hopefully that means I'm good to go for tomorrow.  And my friend (other Sarah) is also cleared for her last one.  We are the only 2 on the unit tomorrow so we will be celebrating.  I have bought bunting (personalisable so it now says "last chemo"), a balloon that says "yay", party hats, blowy squeakers, and cupcakes Smiley Happy   She is still cold capping so will have to balance her party hat on topSmiley Happy

I really hope neither of us get turned away on the day but I know it is always a possibility like poor Nettie Smiley Sad  all my party gear will look a bit pathetic if so!

Right.  Mammoth post over!

Love to everyone

Sarah xxx

PS I always forget to "hug" posts!!  Consider every post always hugged from me x

Evening everyone,

Well done Edinbird! You are the first one to pass the chemo finish line. Here's hoping the side effects are not too bad. Take it easy for a while and rest up.

Nice to hear from you Trixielady. I am doing OK thanks. How did you get on today?

Nettienoo, what a pain to have your chemo delayed and to be told on the day. It's so rubbish when you have to cancel plans. Don't blame you for ranting.

Rosina, I totally understand how you're feeling. I feel like a beast has taken over my personality for at least the first week after treatment. My husband always reminds me that my body is full of chemicals/poison which is good of him since most of my tantrums are usually aimed at him. It will pass. You are strong 💪

Marlyn, thank you for keeping us informed of your radiotherapy experience. It is really helpful to know what to expect. How is the soreness now?

Sonia, I'm so sorry you have had to take on board all this news from your oncologist. It's a lot to get your head around. Remember, it's one step at a time and we're with you all the way.

I'm  off for bloods in the morning. If anything, I'm dreading the weigh in as I seemed to have gained half a stone!! Shall be stepping on and off the scales very quickly.

Thinking of you all, lovely ladies. ❤❤❤

Sar xxx

Hi sonia28 

I'd be feeling tearful too if I'd had that discussion with the oncologist. All that we have to cope with in a relatively short space of time just becomes overwhelming at times. The problem is, as my oncologist explained at the very start, they have to warn you about all the possible side effects of treatment but they may not necessarily arise. And yes, you do begin to wander if it will ever end. I think that's why I had a bit of a melt down over the weekend. You hear about the chemo, rads and a few targeted therapies but then suddenly all these other meds are mentioned. It all becomes too much. So it's normal and ok to shead a few tears, maybe even shout and rant, but the important thing is to talk, which is what you have done and we're listening. I can't promise things will get better but all of us working together will have a dam good try. Take care. Sending you hugs. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤    

Nettinoo, sorry for the delay, it’s so Infuriating when that happens, but enjoy the extra week. It allows you to remember what kind of normal feels like. 

Edinbird, well done on completing number 6. 

Rosina, A melt down is allowed once and a while with bl**dy BC.

I had my meeting with my oncologist today,  I told him all of my side effects, as I was listing them he was then asking and do you have ..... which I had all of them😬

I am not allowed to do the trial for radiotherapy as my tumour was too big, so I am having radio to neck armpit and breast, he then went on to list the side effects, possibly 10% of right lung being damaged for life, hadn’t read that one. Risk of secondary cancer !! But having radiotherapy our weighs the risks so he tells me.

Im then having monthly injections of Giserelin, and Exemestane tablets. (I’m not having tamoxifen) then 3 monthly zoledronic  injections to stop bones crumbling. 

Ive been a little tearful all afternoon as this BC seems like it will never end. 

Xx

I’ve calmed down now.....I think I may have joined Rosina in her terrible twos moment earlier. 

Edinbird, 🙌🏻 for getting through the last one sweetie. My neutrophils are fine by the way it’s my normal white blood cell count that is 2.? and delaying chemo. 

Marlyn, omg the basting does kind of make sense but I would have done exactly the same. Daisydi and Susie thanks for “being there”. I’ve given myself a slap and stopped stamping my feet about not having chemo today and the comment about delaying last chemo gave me food for thought but I’m supposed to having my grandsons to stay at the end of Aug whilst my daughter and son in law go partying for a long weekend in Ibiza. (Arranged a year ago before barrying bc). If I delay last treatment, I won’t be up to looking after them. 

Compared to what other people are going through, I just need to get over it and count my blessings. It is just a delay after all. 😊 xxx

Fastest chemo ever!! Out just after 2, cannula straight in... feeling good. Nurses were delighted with their bag of goodies.

Bestie seems a little better today. Dad has to stay in for another 2/3 days.

I have no idea why a neuts score of over 2 stops treatment?! Sounds crazy to me. 

Ive been quite snappy not sure how much down to drugs menopausal symptoms or all the other job and family and friends stress. I think husband is getting a bit tired of my snapping and looking tired and teary.

So just resting now. Need to wash my hair and do my nails. Have all evening and all day tomorrow no rush!

Hope we are all feeling better. Was anyone else due chemo today?

Oh nettienoo what a bugger ref your delay, I know my count went down to 1.45 in march but still went ahead.....xx

rosina, totally with you on your melt down, sometimes they just have to come out....although the quip from you daughter did make me giggle " mum went through the menopause today" !!!!

I had to resist giving a lady the two finger salute yesterday in Tesco, I was waiting in the checkout queue and she gave me the most animated sympathy smile......I know you all know how I felt.....she came by on the wrong day and the wrong moment ........

another rad out the way, have been advised not to moisturise before a session as I'm basically basting myself.....

xxxxx

Thanks Daisydi,

last time the  T side-effects were more of a 24 hour intense full body armour muscle ache.

This time around they are much less intense but going on for double the time. 

I also must be mad, yesterday I sorted my cupboards and switched winter clothes over to summer ones ( normally this is an easy job but yesterday I had to ask for help and my daughter did quite happily).

Then I decided to cook a soup I have never made before ( it involved roasting red peppers and removing the skin, roasting garlic and squeezing it ) it looked good but I couldn’t taste it - so that disgruntled me ( all that effort for nothing ). The kids said they would happily eat it again and they meant it. 

I flipped when Granny  said she wanted to tell me about the book she was reading ( which I  gave to her and she thoroughly enjoyed) over lunch and I told everyone to shut up and eat and be quiet- both my kids indicated that I was behaving in a ridiculous fashion which was correct.

When H1 got home the kids were relieved and my daughter said ‘mum went through the menopause today’ and I kept quiet but felt really bad. 

So feeling embarrassed, emotional and achey is not a great combo.

Typing it all up here I can see the silly side.

I just don’t like having a terrible 2 when I am going to be 50 in August!

808D1EF2-5347-43E5-B004-F141C9C3B8E4.jpegTherapy

Rosina just to say I know EXACTLY how you feel but just try to remember this is only temporary and it will pass very soon.  That is what I have to believe when I am feeling so rotten.  You will be back out walking in no time and you just need to rest now.  It wont be long x

Nettienoo sorry about your chemo being delayed. I thought that chemo wouldnt go ahead if counts were 1.5 or below so maybe thats what the dr thought too.  I know its no consolation though.

Thinking of you all xx

Oh dear ladies we certainly seem to be going through it at the moment one way or another. This bc is total💩. 

Nettienoo rant away all you want😤😠. I can't believe the hospital told you everything was fine when it clearly wasn't . To be told on the day you're due chemo that it can't go ahead  and has to be cancelled until next week is the pits especially when you have something planned to look forward to. Isn't that what we're advised to do? Is there any chance that your final session could be delayed until after your visit to see Carmen? May be worth asking. 

Oh Rosina how I feel for you. Those sudden outbursts are awful. My poor husband gets the full barrage every time even though he's not done or said anything wrong. The only explanation I have is that we spend so much time putting on a brave face and pretending that everything is normal, when it clearly isn't, that we simply lose it and explode. On the plus side you have made me feel almost normal. 

One good thing is that we'll have Dibley for a few days from Thursday and he is the ideal dog to have around when feeling stressed. He loves to be stroked and has a calming temperament. Heaven☺ He'd make an excellent therapy dog.       

Sandraindurham the Miner's Hall looks interesting. When going around old buildings or towns we always say "Look up" as there is usually something of intererest high on the walls or ceilings or roof tops.

Hope everyone feels better as the day goes on. More sunshine would help🌞. xxxxxx

Right my lovely girls, I need a rant.....

When I was discharged from Wolverhampton hospital on Friday the doc discharging me told me my blood counts from the blood taken that morning were fine and could see no reason why I couldn’t have chemo 5 today. This morning, just as my friend and I were due to set off for the chemo unit at Cannock, I get a phone call telling me that because my white blood cell count is only 2 point something my Oncologist won’t let me have chemo and it is to be delayed for a week. (Now booked in for next Tuesday 11th). I have no idea whose blood results the chap had been looking at on Friday but they don’t appear to have been mine. What a complete idiot. It does explain why it’s taking me so long to recover from being ill last week. 

This now means that my final chemo even if on schedule 3 weeks after chemo 5, will be too close to our planned visit to see Carmen at the Royal Opera House so will have to cancel. (I know that’s not anyone’s fault but I thought we would be still able to go even with previous delays until today.) Sorry girls for the grumpy post but if I hadn’t had a rant I would have burst into tears instead. Xxx

Thanks for the good wishes Trixielady.

I have just eaten a whole pot of organic Yeovil raspberry yogurt ( which I love) and it has hit the spot. Good acid/ palate cleansing taste. 

Thanks for the photos Sandraindurham, the building and decor look great. 

Anything to distract me from feeling sorry for myself helps.

Just so fed up with myself, staying in bed.

I love this it made me tear up:

Warriors of light

Hope the link works 💕

Morning lovely ladies 

Rosina, its awful how you felt but hopefully you will feel better soon big hugs xx

Edinbird hope day goes well xx Hoping your Dad is doing OK? and your friend gets the help he really needs xx

Sandraindurham, Durham is a fantastic place, we love the Chinese down on the Riverside, thinking about you both xx

Marlyn hope rads are going well and don't leave any permanent redness on 

Ocean21 have you had uncontrollable

diarrhoea on Taxol??? Hope you feel much better now you've told family, its so hard trying not to worry them xx

Implausibele how are you feeling a bit better I hope, it must be very worrying for you about how your youngest is coping, my is 29 this year and this last week he's here every turnabout not sure if its for me or him unfortunately this has been a really bad week for me and obviously him but he hasn't said a word its scary!!

MBJ, hope your feeling better so you can really enjoy that well deserved cruise xx

Deano thinking about you xx

Sonia28 big hugs xx

SusieB big hugs xx

Seaside sar how are you? Please baby lexi is feeling better xx

Nettienoo so pleased your daughter is feeling better less stress for you hopefully xxx

Ladies if I've missed anyone I'm so sorry 

I'm at chemo today and just found out my friend has spine cancer and collar bone after being misdiagnosed xxxx

The beautiful Miner's Hall in Durham REDHILLS.jpgMiner's HallREDHILLS inside.jpgInside Miner's Hall

Morning Everyone,

catching up with all the posts.

Edinbird good luck with today’s #6 ☘️☘️☘️

Implausible, Nettinoo , Marlyn and Sonia28 good luck with your Hospital appointments .

Seasidesar thanks for posting all the lovely pics. They made me feel better.

Yesterday was a write off for me. 

Hollered at everyone,  in one big rant at lunchtime.

H1 thankfully missed it, it was the kids and my mum who where on the receiving end.

My daughter told me I was out of order at the end of the day when H1 had returned- which was correct- so today I have apologised to everyone and we are all back on track.

Thing is everyone is trying their best and I was aching and highly irritated. So I did one of my rants ( which exhausts me even more) and does not solve anything. So still lots of patience required on my end.

Cant taste nothing, farting off re- commenced at night, hardly ate much and then this morning woke up feeling less achy but starving. 

Seasidesar’s Breakfast photos resulted in me asking for an omelette which H1 made and that made me all emotional because everyone is doing their best to look after me.

Allowed myself to get tearful and then I felt faint (x2) so 3 tablespoons fulls of honey later (administrated to me by H1 , like a kid) now with my feet up , on my sofa.

Strong coffee, staying on sofa for a bit longer . Hopefully I will get out for a walk later.

It’s hard when you have been a strong person to then become so weak.

This too shall pass.

Love to all 💕

Rosina

Morning everyone 

Just caught up properly with the recent posts, there's so many of them that yesterday I only had time to give out ❤❤❤❤ in the end. 

Implausible, hope they manage to get some bloods from you. Yes, Nairobi is a bit far away🌍.

Nettienoo, fingers firmly crossed🤞that your 5th session goes ahead today.

Marlyn, had a look at Snapchat and can see how it suits your sense of humour. Silly but fun😂.

Sandraindurham glad to hear from you, just wish things would hurry up and improve for both you and Veronica.

Deano and Stargazer1 hope you're both ok. I know you don't pop in often but I still think about you both.

Daisydi, you mentioned the other day that your dogs are very fussy about who they go for walks with, hence the mobility scooter. We're looking after our neighbour's dog, Dibley, again and he always comes with a packet of cocktail sausages as he will put the anchors down on occasion and refuse to walk with one of us sometimes. He's also been known to want to do a different walk to the one planned and you can't exactly pick him up and carry him! Hence the sausages, he'll do anything to get one.  

MJB, hope your cruise ship has a better driver than the one that had the accident in Venice. Mind you to be fair I don't think it was entirely his fault🚢.

Sorry I can't mention you all. I'd never get out of bed. Have a good day everyone. xxxxx 

Hi Edinbird 

Hope your final chemo session goes ok today☺. Onwards to the next stage. The gifts you have bought for the hospital staff look lovely, very thoughtful. 

Take care. xx

Bloody hell!

You girls are really struggling and being attacked from everywhere!

Good grief!

I will comment the best I can, just had a quick read, but... by Jove, you are really fighting the good fight!

Sorry for being away, it is not because I don't miss you or think about you all everyday, but I was just dumb-mumbling for a few days

I collapsed! Bam!

I have never recovered completely, I had an entire year with a kidney leaking pus and ongoing sepsis, and in the end I was really frail, plus daughter breast cancer, plus financial issues, plus struggling to do everything on my own... something had to give up.

V is still in a very poor shape, started with Letrozole, because it is the best option for lobular breast cancer and she will start rads soon.

She already has her tatoos but her hair is coming out!

EdinbEdinbird