February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Good luck everyone for this week.  This time next week it will be me xxx

Thank you Rosina, I hope that you have a great start too xx 

Good morning Edinbird, 

Thank you xx 

Good luck too, I’m nervous but ok. I’m staying positive, as so many lovely ladies have shared their stories and some are very positive xx 

I am sending you a huge hug 🤗 

Hi implausible haha think that's probably what we all said  Good luck for tomorrow once your first chemo is behind you hopefully you'll feel more in control again xx

My 2nd one is a week today xx

Rosina, thanks for the story

You really do have to take the rough with the smooth.  Maybe Smiley Happy

Youtube things like this do drive me mad, though.  They tell the story so slowly!  I coukd have read it in under a minute Smiley Happy  my kids love YouTube.  I think I'm too old for it Smiley Very Happy

Hmmm I didn't get any of those things at my pre assessment, Trixie.  Just leaflets.  I feel like I've missed out on a goodie bag!! Smiley Happy

MBJ best of luck with yours.  When does your actual chemo start?  Mine is tomorrow and I'm getting increasingly nervous!

Edinbird huge good luck vibes for today.  Hope everything goes smoothly.  Imagine we are all there in the corner of the room with pompoms cheering you on 🏋️‍♀️ (I couldn't find a cheerleader emoji so here's a weightlifter instead)

It's funny when my BC nurse first suggested me looking at and joining in in this forum I was all "that's not really for me, I've already got a good support network, I don't need it".....  and now I feel so darned invested in everyone here.... we really are all in this together.  And in a way that nobody else in our lives can fully comprehend.  

We’re right behind you xxx

Wishing you all a good start to your week:

A story that I like ‘ Maybe’  , hope you enjoy it :

https://youtu.be/81XIhTePvKE

Morning MBJ, you'll feel much happier hopefully once you've had it, and then it's surprisinly weird how strangely we just can't wait for it to start,, hopefully they run you through the cold cap, take weight, temp BM, bloods, give you steroids anti sickness mouth wash  cream for dry skin and show you around the unit,, oh you might even get a voucher for a wig and leaflets about the makeup session feel good session xx big hug they say nurses make the worst patients haha xx

MBJ

Dear Jencat

Sorry to hear of your dad's illness. It's all so much to deal with. Take care. 

Good luck to everyone starting today - I’ve felt sick and stressed and crampy stomach since yesterday so not sure if it will just continue like this! Just need to get on and hope I don’t feel too awful when I’ve got to drag myself to another scan some time soon.

MBJ

Hi Trixielady

Well I am here for my assessment. Just waiting, oh scary. 

Sorry to hear about your dad Jencat Smiley Sad  hope they are keeping him comfortable in the hospital 

Jencat, I can understand your fears sadly this seems to happen far to often, sometimes the quicker people get out of hospital the better  , It's possible he could have a care package put in place to help him remain at home enabling him to remain independent and encouraging his recovery if he doesn't already it's worth looking into xx

Thank you Trixielady x Although dad is 91, until Christmas he was still driving down to me once a week for Sunday tea! Myself and two daughters are so close to him and it's hard seeing him becoming more frail. I worry that the longer Dad's in hospital, the more instutionlised he seems to be coming and that we won't be able to get him home. Yesterday he seemed very drugged up-my cousin is an ex-nurse and another cousin works at the hospital, so I'm going to ask them to look at his notes xx

Hi Jencat, thought I hadn't seen any posts from you, so sorry to hear about your Dad hope he's comfortable after his fall and so sorry to hear about his diagnosis xx big hug

Dear ladies, just wanted to let you know that I'm still thinking of you and hoping you're all ok. I haven't been able to come on to the forum recently as my elderly dad had a fall 12days ago and was admitted to hospital and we were told he's got cancer on Wednesday. As you can imagine, we're devastated.

Thanks ktk, I will keep my fingers crossed, I am really concerned about neutropenic sepsis.

ktk

Hi Sandraindurham, I’m from June!!  I found FEC pretty predictable. I felt a bit rough for a few days but could guarantee that I would be fine for the second two weeks so could make plans. I expected it to be the same on Docetaxol   Although I didn’t feel sick it did leave me feeling rough and was cumulative. Kxx

Eee baked potato with cheese & beans was my thing too, I kept asking my sister if Trixie smelt or if the house did. I've never stopped washing my hair tho, mouth has been delicate , sometimes dry  sometimes I've been really thirsty, also fancied cheese & onion pasty,, pineapple, mints  ice lollies really helped, ginger and lemon tea xx

Eyes slight dry, head starting to feel sore and colder xx Dreading 25th but needs must xx Big hugs to all you brave ladies and the supporters out there xx