cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Edinbird, you look so beautiful! 

You look beautiful Edinbird.  Your hair is fine.  I have gone to a middle parting too! xx

Sandra the steroids helped for cycle 1, cycle 2 I felt terrible and they didnt do anything.  I can always tell by the colour of my skin, during 2 it was just grey most of the time.  This cycle last of FEC steroids are giving a healthy glow and I have much more energy. This time last cycle I could hardly walk.  Dont understand it really.  They do say that walking really helps to disperse the chemo so I push myself to go even if I dont feel like it but then the dogs need to go out and they wont go with anyone else so I really dont have a choice but I think thats a good thing.  

I do online shopping for most of my groceries, i.e cat food and dog food and do my bits and pieces in local shop.  Saves so much energy and also stops me picking up bargains with yellow stickers on them!  Oh and I am booked on to the Look Good Feel good course at the end of May.  Should well and truly need it by then xxx

Sounds like most of us are having a better day today. Just had a real quick skim in the car am now looking good feeling better and about to go to Aldi in full fancy makeup! 😊

I really do feel better. It’s beautiful and sunny and the session was fun and I have loads of goodies I’ll take some photos of them when I get home. I don’t have to go back on my heart pills until Monday and I’ll halve the dose. So hopefully I’ll get the benefits not the problems.

8E428E82-D6CB-4515-9811-E4515938FCB5.jpegLooking good

65A13626-C612-4361-AAD1-F231CED8F471.jpegAnd feeling better!

Hi girls, managed to crawl here Smiley Happy

Loads of posts, it seems that we are all being hit quite heavily.

Update on my daughter: she is still feeling quite down, frail, depressed, not wanting to see anybody, not wanting to think about life and feeling there are no doors. Until now I haven't managed to get even an interview, so bank account remains empty. And cancer is reaaaally expensive! Ouch!

Regarding the event 'Look Good' or whatever, I was completely shocked to hear that other people are going there for the free stuff! Guys, it is cancer! Aren't they afraid of karma or something?

But whata FEC kind of FEC**bleep** is this????

Marlyn, sorry to hear that you are in such distress with your cycles. This is just brutal, I am still surprised when I read here that some of you can walk the dog, go to places or do anything. My total admiration, kudos to all of you!

Seaside star, bugger chemo, I am so sorry honey, I hope you have loads of support at home. Are you managing to eat properly, drink, how's the rest?

Daisydi, so, steroids help you?

My daughter feels terrible (well, even more) during the days she is having her steroids and not even feels the energy everybody says it can give.

Edinbird, oh honey, things are really bad, aren't they? could you order groceries online and then having someone to store them?

I know it is so hard to do even small stuff, shopping in gargantuous!

Rosina and Ocean21, I love gardens and plants, any kind of plants. I am hoping to settle down somewhere, newarby future, and start a garden. In the past I did it all, shelters for insects, home compost, seeds and seedlings, vegetables, companion flowers, you name it! At some point, I had more than 100 pots around the house and almost double outside!

Nettienoo, Veronica is having a reduction in her FEC but inbetween she started with pins and needles in her hands, let us see where is hearding. Did you had a reduction? If yes, of how much?

Implausible, I have read bits and pieces of your posts. What a courageous, wonderful lady you are!

MBJ, how's life after chemo? How traumatised are you?

Trixielady, how is your niece and how are things for you, after your last horrendous experience?

Everybody, any chocolate eggs?

Just been out for an hour with the dogs.  Very blowy but sunny in Norfolk.  Still loads of twitchers hoping to spot the hoopoe.  Bit tired now though.  I honestly believe the success of the cold cap is in the hands of the people putting it on.  Okay the manufacturers say it wont work on everyone but if it did work and then you lose hair it is because it has not been put on properly and no way should you get bald patches.  The silicone part should mold to your head if it is put on right so I dont see what the shape of your head has got to do with it.  Apparently my head is flat according to the wig lady but the round cap fits on.  I just get so cross and anxious when I know they are changing things that have worked for me so far.  I always end up in tears and that is because I have to battle to get it put on properly.  Could do without that added stress to be perfectly honest.  Does anyone know if you still wear it for the T part?  I think you do but not for so long?

Hope everyone ok xx

Hi Seasidesar 

my daughter made porridge just with water.

She then added, chopped apple, fresh raspberries and blueberries, cinnamon  she also added chopped dates to hers I sprinkled on pumpkin seeds.

It was her birthday yesterday and she asked her dad to get her fresh berries which we enjoyed today 🤗

Hi Seaside Sar

Glad you're back with us again😊. All the side effects we get from chemo really sucks. At least with me I am getting the physical proof that the chemo is doing what it's supposed to, so makes it a little more bearable. As for where I live it's not too bad but I'd rather be a bit nearer to the sea, especially since I was brought up between the New Forest and Southampton. Dorset and Devon both appeal (Paul was born in Plymouth), but  our roots are here until Paul retires and even then I don't  know if we'd move again. We did enough of that while Paul was in the forces. Take it easy. Hope you feel better soon. xxx   

Hi everyone 

Who'd of thought that keeping our liquid intake up could prove to be so difficult🍵🍶🍷🥂🥃🍻🍹? I'm able to drink fresh coffee 1st thing in the morning, water anytime, caffeine free coke, just, during my 3rd week, wine or scotch and dry over the 2nd and 3rd weekends after chemo. Anything else is just yuk🤢. Food wise I can't stand any kind of sandwich possibly because I get one during chemo but it always tastes a bit odd, I can't eat any fruit except melon and continually crave unhealthy cheese toasties. Hopefully after my 4th and final session on Friday ( for a while)  my healthier eating habits will return🍏🥝🥗🍅🥕. Is anyone else due their 4th session this week? I'm losing track of who's due what session next since all the various delays some of you have unfortunately encountered. All the talk of the Look Good sessions I'm yet to find out if I'm on the course next Tuesday 16th, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow when I go for my bloods and see the onc. All bookings for the session in our area, which is held at a community hospital just a couple of miles or so away, are done through the Macmillan unit  so no awkward questions regarding elegdabililty. Slight glitch is that it will be during my 1st week after chemo and Paul will have to drive me there. He did ask me yesterday if I could drive to the pub for our friend's 60th birthday bash the day aftet chemo, since I won't be drinking. I don't think so since I can barely walk in a straight line let alone drive. Just being able to go will be a miracle. Guess he'll have to ask our son Chris for a lift  if  he wants to have a tipple or two🍺🍺

Be back in a bit after I've read the rest of your posts. You do realise we're approaching 3000!!!!!! That's an awful lot of chatter. Take care  xxxxxx

The Now Show

I find this show on radio 4 hilarious 😂

hi all

I missed Edinbird's triumphant release last night as I'm trying to have super early nights due to the builder starting every morning at blinking 7 am!!!!  ugh!!!  so I'm banning myself from looking at my phone in bed otherwise I'd just be up all night surfing the internet.

"unremarkable"????  the cheek of it!  I think we are all rather amazing Smiley Happy

Really glad you got out quickly and I hope you still make it to your Feel Good Look Better thing today

Daisydi - it does make you wonder how much training is actually given for the cold cap.  The nurse who did mine this time said that the reason I'm now a complete friar tuck is that I have an "odd shaped head" so the cap can't have made proper contact with anything except around the edges.  I don't think my head is odd shaped!  maybe they should have shoved it on better?  Ah well, too late to worry about it now.

Ocean you live in paradise!  Even with weeds Smiley Happy  At the other extreme, I live in Swindon and my garden is astroturfed because I'm so useless at gardening I gave up Smiley Very Happy  Please send us more photos every few days, it's a lifeline Smiley Happy

MBJ/Nettie - that 'after the treatment' article looks really good.  I'm not thinking that far ahead just yet though.  Head down, get through all this first.   And I've found that BECCA app you mentioned. Again I'm not going to install it yet but definitely will once I'm on the home stretch....

Hydration - I've always drunk plenty of water and juice and squash so this isn't usually an issue for me, but I'm also at (or thankfully, today, emerging from) the stage where everything tastes weird.  Even water!  But thankfully I get sufficiently thirsty that I can sort of put up with it.  The orange squash I usually enjoy tastes bland and a bit like those nasty Laxido drinks for constipation!  And juice makes my mouth go weird and dry.  So for now, it's weird metallic tasting water....

Rosina - your brekkie looked lovely!  I also had a big bowl of fruit salad for brekkie today, but minus the seeds, and with the addition of a Bonne Maman strawberry mousse.  Which tasted pretty good despite everything.

Sonia I hope you can get answers re your son soon.  We are all on such high alert re anything medical at the moment that your mind is probably racing more than it usually would.  Hopefully just some pesky virus that will pass.   And good luck with your benefits enquiry, half pay isn't fun.  I'm down to 60% now as have gone down to a 3 day week.  Although I had already been at a 4 day week for the past year so it wasn't too sudden a step down.

Oooh Daisydi I haven't had lime cordial in years!  I used to love it - I think I will pick up a bottle next time I hit the shops.  Glad you are enjoying the steroids.  The 2 days after chemo are my favourite, I feel indescructible!  Then the steroids stop and I spend 4 to 5 days convinced I'm dying.  A happy medium would be nice.

Seaside, fab to hear from you, sorry you've been in the week one "I think I'm dying" pit too.  Glad you are starting to emerge from it now, me too.  I always seem to start to perk up on the Tuesday.  Building work is progressing, VERY NOISILY!!!!  and with much rubble and dust.  Ugh.  I'm basically hiding in my bedroom which thankfully has my laptop, an en suite loo, and biscuits.
My local Look Good Feel Better workshop number never picked up either - I tried for weeks - so in the end I booked on one in Cheltenham instead.  Annoying when I could have gone to one 5 mins drive from my house and now it's an hour away, but at least I got on one.  And the Swindon one was in the big local hospital, whereas the Cheltenham one is in one of those Maggies places and I'd quite like to check one of those out, so better really apart from the hike.
Mine is 17th April (Wednesday of my good week - a day I'm supposed to be at work.  Oops.).  As for the non-cancer people going along for the free goodie bag, I'm not sure if she meant that they were deliberately and blatantly booking a "cancer thing" to get the freebie - or they just genuinely didn't realise it was supposed to just be for cancer patients.  Either way, she wanted to discretely check my credentials Smiley Happy

Hope everyone else is ok xxxx

Fruit infused water

I have had another idea. I normally do this in the summer but any time is good if you don’t like drinking plain water.

Just get a large water bottle and chop bits in it to give it flavour. I like cucumber and lime/lemon.

Lots of other ideas on the link.

Oh Marlyn, I'm literally running around the house cheering that I'm booked on during my good week. Best bit of news I've had in ages! So excited. 

I'm also wary of cycle 4 especially with the change to T and the added bonus of herceptin. Lord knows what I'm in for. As well as side effects I just can't keep up with food and drink taste changes. They are hard work. I made the mistake of telling people I liked ginger tea in cycle 1 so now I've been inundated with the stuff. Sadly I can't stand it any more. 

Seaside, yes I thought we were at the same stage. I'm on the waiting list for the feel good course...yours is good timing! I can't believe people who con their way on it.....shame on them!!! 

Oh oh boy that first week is brutal....for me it's ....bed, loo, sofa....then repeat....and showering is a mammoth task, anyone would think I've been to the gym instead of the blinking shower!! 

Wonder little gems 4 will bring up? Seems I develop a new side effect with each one....xxxx

Hi Marlyn,

Yep, it's week 2 of my 3rd cycle. Know what you mean about week 1, it sucks!

On a happier note, just had a phonecall inviting me to the look good feel better workshop next week Thursday, woohoo! The lady on the phone did ask if I was known to the hospital. Her way of checking I wasn't in it just for the free goody bag? Still shocked that people would do that.

Seaside!! Good to see you back Hun, are you coming into week 2 of chemo 3 ? I have a feeling we almost have our cycles at the same time? My first week was a right off, never felt so damn lousy in my life! But....slowly slowly these last couple of days I have managed to get through on an almost normal level, even doing my rounds....so I know I'm getting better. But really pees me off is the thought of cycle 4 a week this Thursday.....by god...how am I going to cope??? 

Remember I love you all......to infinity and beyond!!!!!! Xxxx

Morning my lovelies,

Just been having a catch up with all of your posts. I haven't been on here all weekend as I have been feeling crud! Literally spent 2 days huddled under a blanket and wishing the world would go away. I felt nauseous, exhausted and had the headache from hell. It seems to be passing now though so I can finally start doing things again.

Edinbird, I am struggling with drinks as well. Even water tastes rank! Don't know if this will help you but I've tried diluting fruit juice with water and some ice, so I can imagine it's a cocktail minus the vodka. I'm alright with that but anything else tastes vile.

Ocean your garden pics are stunning! I keep looking at my garden thinking it needs some work but I have zero energy so it's not happening.

Sarah hope the building work is going well. You're brave to put up with that right now. Make sure they stick to their timelines and get out of your way.

Daisy that bloomin cold cap is a pain in the wotsit. I have spent the last 3 days feeling like it's still attached to my head and it just makes me want to vom! Having said that I still have hair so I guess it's working at least.

Sonia and Susie your part of the country really appeals to me, hence the username! Make the most of those lovely walks.

Rosina your breakfast looked tasty. What was in it?

Trixielady good to have you back. How are you doing?

MBJ thanks for all the advice re the moving forward sessions. Will look into that. I'm still struggling to get on to a look good feel better workshop right now. Seems like mission impossible to get anyone to answer the phone.

Marlyn and Nettienoo are you ok today huns?

Missed chatting to you all.

Hope today is kind to you.

Lots of love, Sar xxx

Morning I feel surpisingly well today.  Must be steroids and only got up twice in the night so not too bad a sleep.  Ocean your garden is beautifil.

Edinbird I cant drink any kind of tea, fruit or otherwise and I can only drink instant coffee in the morning but I have been drinking lime cordial with ordinary water, ordinary water with fresh lemon in and lime and soda.  They are all refreshing.   Got to drink 5-6 pints today apparently!

Rosina I hate coffee!! 😝 and I’m not really enjoying tea right now. Drinks seem too sweet at the moment so I’ve not been having much by way of fizzy although I wouldn’t normally have lots. Have a glass of orange juice first thing. Water always seems a struggle. Not ever really found a fruit or herbal tea I’ve enjoyed.

Found enough food to avoid the shop for now. Got dressed that was a supreme effort I feel exhausted now which doesn’t bode well for later... going to sit on the computer for a bit and hope I feel better in a couple of hours

Edinbird,

keep drinking.

There must be things you like to drink apart from coffee and tea image.jpgThis is delicious!!!

Posted too quickly.

im glad your home Edinbird, hope today goes better. 

I’m off to see if im

entitled to any help as on 1/2 pay from next month. Fingers crossed and if I get any tips I’ll let you know,  

Daisydi, I know what you mean about the cold cap, the nurse who put mine in the first time didn’t have a clue, which I realise now, I’ve had the same nurse round 2 and 3, and she has been fab explaining that yes the cap should go on as one, but she can’t place it correctly if it does,my sister said what a difference she came to session 1 and 3. So I will be like you making it verbally know if I don’t feel it right this time, as I still have quite a bit of hair. 

Ocean21, the garden pictures are lovely, 

Ocean21 love the photos. 

My husband is plant mad and has an allotment. Last year it was raspberries and blueberries that he grew into a jungle. You literally had to step in and feed , together with the birds that were having a feast in there also.

Wondering what he will come up with this year .

MBJ will read the doctors paper when I open my laptop. Read bits on my phone, but I need a larger screen!

Despite what he says I do listen to my body especially my nose!!!!

Have a good day all,

Rosina

B754A4DB-0830-4A95-9A6A-C9B13B7E9EF6.jpegHealthy breakfast made by my daughter

MBJ

Morning everyone

Ocean21 I love your garden, we used to holiday in France when the children were small we had a touring caravan. Stayed in lots of lovely chateau grounds with gardens like yours. My lovely mother used to come with us, but was so funny. We had third lovely caravans that at the time my husband thought was a lot of money to part with on HP of course, and we would end up sleeping in the awning on an air bed whilst my mum and our tow children would be enjoying all the comforts of the caravan. Something wrong there I think. But at the time it felt perfectly fine and an adventure oh to be young again. Takes getting old to realise youth is not appreciated by the young😀. 

Edinbird hope you manage your walk, and don't get dizzy.

Everyone I hope your morning will be a good one. X

Morning all xx nice to wake up in my own bed (not that I slept great) and hoping I’m not so wobbly today! Going to have an easy morning then head to my makeup session yay! Need to go get some food so going to walk to the shop shortly see how I feel with that first.

So I hope to have some nice photos later of my makeup efforts. All I have now is the mess they made of my arm last night (didn’t even get the blood from this one!!) - hydrate people!! 😬🙄

42D3DE77-7328-42AF-81A5-0EFAAB56974E.jpegOuchy ouch ouch

Hi everyone

Thanks for the information and link to Dr Harvey's. My tablet has downloaded it so I'll read it properly later but already love the reference to the roller coaster which is something we can all relate to🎢.

Ocean21 your photos are brilliant.. Where a bouts in France are you it looks beautiful🏞?  Hopefully the figs on our tree will catch up with yours in a few weeks. They're tiny at the moment, microscope  or magnifying glass required🔬🔎. 

Will get back to you all later. Take care. xxxx 

Hi Daisydi 

Your experience with the cold cap seems ludicrous. If you have a full head of hair, like on the first time, how could you just wet your scalp?  And as for putting the mold and cap on at the same time words fail me. Carry on being firm - another f word - it's another way if staying in control. 💪💪❤❤  

Morning beautiful ones,

MBJ ,  thanks for the heads up about the Dr Peter Harvey article. Nettie thanks for the link.

Having read it ,I’m definitely at the wondering how to trust my body again stage. Right now is it doing what it should be doing ? We’ve all trusted ours before and look where we are! Anyway, I’m keeping faith that  the further along we get through this process the more our emotions will evolve and center themselves and us for that matter.

I’ve got to shift my butt , need to take my nausea meds then get ready to go gp and translate for my belovedSmiley Happy Diabetes and sleep apnoea are up for discussion ... what a rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle I lead🥰.

Bouboulina, you asked for some more photos, my pleasure. By the way lovely ones thanks for the positive comments about my garden. I am very ‘ fortunate ‘ ( Sarah x) but you do realise I’m not showing you the weeds that currently overrun my bit?! Yes , my and the big fella have separate garden spaces . We’re very different gardeners, he’s a veg man and likes ordered rows and blocks, I’m more into flowers and medicinal plants. I’m also not averse to growing tomatoes next to my foxgloves or putting up a wigwam for beans in the middle of flower beds. After , our allotment experience, we decided that when we bought a house here there had to be space for each of us to do our thing.Our garden is divided in two. The garden in front of the house is neutral territory ( supposedly) although don’t be surprised if you hear a few  ‘what the barrys ‘ wafting your way when I see he’s divided yet  another plant I’ve lovingly tended to diva like magnificence. We cross the road to the other part of our garden by the river.

Catch up with you all later , hoping today will be a better day for us all. In the meantime .. pics. Xx8D1BE235-3FAF-40FA-9543-04AFC018573A.jpegRiverside walk.57915B00-C282-437D-80FB-082BC76A5782.jpegD0EE151E-0C6A-4763-B0F0-51D85ED7B5D2.jpegJackson and his beloved.0F681603-C527-4F3A-A620-E55254029CCD.jpegView from the bridge to village park. Right hand side bottom of our garden.0D71BFD7-4814-469A-B1B6-0AFCCB74882A.jpeg8053DABD-394D-4CA4-9C54-E2179E63BD43.jpeg2BED1728-35A0-44FD-90C3-8D508D7B4322.jpegFigsFE956FBC-9D03-40CF-BCB3-5F234AF4A9AC.jpegMore figs, had a superb crop last year.BA4D51BE-4B7D-4B47-8519-71210DA5976A.jpegNew tulips coming through

MBJ

Oh Daisydi 

The crap never ends. I hope you have a restful night. X

Yep my day has been so barrying stressful.  Every time I use the cold cap I get a different nurse and every time I have a battle on my hands.  The one today told me I couldnt spray my hair but only the scalp.  How the hell can you spray your scalp without getting hair wet.  The hair needs to be wet for my botanical solution but is just like the conditioner they use.  Then she would not let my sister comb it through, then put the mold and the cap on at the same time together so we couldnt see where the cap fitted.  Just goes on and on.  Because  I am firm I sense they dont like me but tough.  When I asked what my neutrophils were the nurse smirked.  Anyway now I feel like I have run a marathon.  Is aching legs and feet another side effect?

Home now. Unremarkable is the word on my paperwork!

Husband is grumpy as hell. Had really dried up toastie it was horrible. Now just feel like crap for having been sat up the hospital for hours and awful dinner.

A nurse did my injection so husband could watch. She just stuck it in me and it hurt! He can definitely continue!

Guess I’ll just go to bed and hope I feel less dizzy tomorrow. Barry day all round

I've never heard of that app either 

I need to start doing some research! Smiley Very Happy

MBJ

Hi Implausable

It's run by breast cance care in conjunction with the NHS staff who seem to be doing most of the sessions. I found it on the Becca app and booked in online. X

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo

Thanks for doing that useful for everyone for future reference. X

Hi Nettienoo 

I'm no medic but reducing your meds seems a sensible idea. Before I started chemo the onc explained that  if I didn't cope very well with the meds then they could be reduced so I think what your onc is suggesting is normal practice. As for the injections I already get 7 per week so again you'll be getting something that is normal. You will be apprehensive about trying again, it's only natural, fear of the unknown will strike again,  but with the reduction in dosage and extre filisgram I'm sure you will cope alot better.  Do your medical team have joint discussions with each other regarding their patients. If so your onc will have possibly got advice from other oncs and medical staff. Take care and take one day at a time. I know it's difficult but try and stay positive. ❤❤❤❤

MBJ, 

I found the Dr Peter Harvey article and have just had a quick read through. Very interesting and thought provoking. I’m printing it off and filing it away for future use. I’ve copy and pasted link for anyone who wants it but not sure if it will work. It’s easy to find anyway if you google name of article and Dr’s name. Thanks for telling us about it Marie. X

http://www.workingwithcancer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/After-the-treatment-finishes-then-what...

Implausible, 

Danny is sleeping more than normal, he often falls asleep after school, and will wake and sleep through the night, he is really active, gymnastic and swimming, and a teenager, but the first blood test came back raised 

Eosinophilia levels, which I want them to find out why? But I feel I’m telling them what to do. Hopefully the complaint I put in and the new dr will get things sorted. 

I've not heard any mention of the "moving forward" course here, but that is probably because I'm a while off the end of treatment yet.  I'm glad you're finding it useful.  I will definitely go along if it's offered.  There is a lot of emotional healing to be done after the physical treatment is over.....

MBJ

Hi Girls

Well I attended my second session on the Moving Forward course today. First session 

Being Breast Aware, risk of recurrence ect etc. I know it's important and needs to be talked about and faced by all of us. But the BC  never stops Barrying stressing me out. It was ok really, some ladies got upset which is only natural. It makes you realise that we need to learn to live with vigilance and not hypochondria, well I certainly have not got that balance right yet.

I was given a really good article written by Dr Peter Harvey who is a Clinical Psychologist at Leeds Hospital. The title is 

After the Treatment Finishes-Then What. 

Reading it I could have written it myself as he has so many feelings and issues correct. Some of the headings in the article are

Regaining trust in your body 

Regaining trust in yourself

Living with uncertainty

Dealing with the world

Regaining mastery and control

I think we have all in our posts mentioned  these issues or something like them. I found the article very reassuring as I was begining to think I was over reacting to my situation. But indeed I am not. 

I know all of you are still in the treatment phase and moving on must seem miles away, but it will soon be your turn and yes I do recommend the Moving forward course if you are offered one. It's not easy but what the heck is in our world these days. X

not sure what happened to the second half of that message :/

haven't got time to re-type it up now, I'll get to the rest next time.... technology eh?

eek Edinbird - hope you are ok!  I also feel woozy in the shower at the moment, I think it's the heat and the steam......I usually ask one of my family to listen out in case I slump mid wash, but it hasn't happened yet thankfully.

I just got back from Tesco where I had to literally lean on the trolley the whole way round to stop myself keeling over, and by the time I was home I was totally out of breath and faint.  It's horrid feeling so feeble isn't it when we are used to rushing about being busy and healthy! I usually feel ok again by the Tuesday or the Wednesday though so roll on tomorrow!

In your case though it does sound like it is probably even more compounded by the heart pills, if they said they are likely to reduce blood pressure, so sounds sensible to lay off them like they said....hope you feel better quickly.

Oh bugger, just about to hit "post" and I've seen your new post about heading into hospital Smiley Sad  better safe than sorry I guess but what a PAIN Smiley Sad  hope you are out again quickly x

Daisydi, well done on getting #3 out of the way.  Ride those steroids for the next day or two Smiley Very Happy

Susie - the "replying to everyone a bit at a time" thing, I have two browser tabs open so I can read back through one while replying bit by bit in the other.... I definitely haven't got super memory! 

Glad you are having a better day, and I hope you like your fringes when they turn up Smiley Happy    (oh and I live about 5 minutes walk from the Magic Roundabout Smiley Happy pop in next time! Smiley Happy )

Nettie - sorry to hear that you didn't get a ton of confidence from your onco chat, but a reduction in dose sounds sensible.  I am super hopeful that you'll have an easier time of things next time around, although I totally understand why you are apprehensive.  We will all have all of our fingers, toes and everything else crossed!   And thanks for being sympathetic re house upheaval.  It's not exactly ideal timing!!!  This bathroom was supposed to be done last November but then builder was ill then I was having surgery then he double booked himself. If I didn't take this slot, I'd be waiting another 6 months I reckon, so it's got to be done......  It's only 2 weeks of noise and rubble.  Sigh Smiley Happy

Sonia - does your son still have symptoms from the thing that isn't thread worms?  Here's hoping whatever it was will sort itself out.  Or the docs get their act together, one or the other!

+

MBJ

Hi Edinbird

Well at least they are being thorough with you, you must have felt rough as you put up with loads of things. Hope you get sorted out and feel better soon. X

Edinbird, it is better to be safe but I can understand your frustration. Hopefully all will be well and you’ll be home tonight. 

Nettinoo, I’m from Plymouth xx

Daisydi, well done on getting 1/2 way, im

not sure there are many of us changing to Docetaxel, let’s see what it brings xx 

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo

Well to be honest I there is no right answer as I very well know. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think what she means is you will get  a 75% dose instead of 100%. At least that is what my Oncologist said when he came to the ward to see me. Although when I saw him in clinic he did not suggest that. But we are all different our cancers are different, age plays a big role too. I am sure if it happens again you will then need to think it through again. 

At least now you know what's happening next as not knowing is very stressful. 

I really hope you do well with the lower dose, the rest of the side effects are bad enough without the neutopenic sepsis. 

When is you next dose planned for, are they giving you a bit more recovery time? 

Well the trials team spoke to my consultant and I’ve got to go in... one word for this, Barry

Better safe than sorry. I was feeling better! Now I’m stressed and temperature is going up. Grr

Hi Edinbird BP machines aren't that expensive. We bought one several years ago when Paul was diagnosed with high blood pressure. It's a basic one and does BP and heart rate.  Just need to renew the battery every few years. Definitely worth buying one.

Daisydi how do you manage to walk the dogs straight after chemo🐕🐕🐩. I just about manage to go upstairs for a shower to get rid of the conditioner. Well done on getting number 3 out of the way🏅1/2 way there ☺

Heart trial say stop taking for now and they’ll take my bp before I go to Maggie’s tomorrow and then reassess. So hope that I start to feel more steady tonight and tomorrow. Really don’t want to get the bus!

I might ask about a bp machine but I don’t want to get obsessed with that either... no idea how much they cost?

Well done daisyd! I'm impressed you can walk the dogs, all I can manage is to crawl into my jimjams and bed....take it easy....halfway....whoop whoop xxxx