61230members
322825posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Morning Edinbird 

I totally agree about putting our phone or laptops down but its so difficult when we want to see what's happening on the forums to see how we all are and see what the latest advice is, as sometimes i truly believe it drags me back down into the dome and gloom of this journey but on the flip side its lifted me so much to know that all you lovely ladies are here and we've all had very similar scary journeys from the moment of diagnosis the support is second to none, I told you things ever before telling my family and hubby, Let yourself enjoy the time you'll be spending with your mam and dad without worrying about whats happening around you, big hugs xx

I need to put my phone down more. I have three books, I started to read one the first time I was in hospital in March and I’ve not picked it up since. Have a few things recorded but I don’t fancy watching them. I’m just glued to my phone all day. Mum and dad will be here this evening so that should break the cycle a bit.

Hi Edinbird 

Yes, that's the one. She was/is into yoga. Just has a message from Amazon to confirm book arriving today📘☺. 

If you can't switch off from Facebook can you limit yourself to how long to spend on there each day?

Hi Susie xx yes that’s the other book Edwina is on one of the Facebook forums. She’s either a yoga teacher or seriously into it.

I’ve thought about turning it off but then I’d worry if I missed anything useful... once I’m back at work it should be better so I’m not just looking at my phone constantly.

Feeling woozy this morning my arm was sore and I wanted to sleep so I took extra painkillers and now I just feel tired still 😴

Hi Susie I was warned to keep away from forums but when my mum developed dementia I found a forum that was really helpful.  There is always someone that gets whats going on and has useful information and tips.  I found the same with this forum and I dont know what I would have done without it so thank you all for being there.  I think after initial diagnosis I drove myself mad reading up on everything but soon realised that every single one of us is different and no-one has exactly the same diagnosis/treatment/prognosis so it is very difficult to compare yourself with others as we all respond differently to treatment.  I am trying not to think too much about the future and just dealing with things on a day to day basis.  I am always distracted by a spot or an itch or a sore bit or rotten nails.  Cant imagine life with no irritations!

Hi Edinbird 

I'll let you know what the book is like. The other one I've ordered is called A Warrior's Words : A Journey Through Triple Negative Breast Cancer by E. M. Thompson. Not sure if it's my kind of reading but I'll give it a go. Again I'll give you an overview when it arrives.

Picking up on your comment about cancer overload you're probably right, that's why I stick to this site only and especially this brilliant February group. As I've mentioned before, joining a forum was never for me until barrying bc hit. What I like about this group is that we don't just discuss cancer and it's associated treatments and side effects but simple things such as the garden, going shopping, evenings out, holidays, in other words normal everyday stuff. Since confirmation of TNBC I have only looked at the factual information on the recognised UK sites, Macmillan, Cancer Research and here and left it at that.  If I read anything too negative or upsetting I stop reading. I hope you don't mind me asking but have you thought of switching off from Facebook for a week or so and see if that helps.  

Take care and I'm definitely with the others on this one, put yourself first. xx

Hi Rosina 

Thanks for the menopause link. Could identify to some of it😆😆.

Susie B x

angry-sore-bloated-menopause-grace-dent

Hilarious article in today’s Guardian. 

Hi Edinbird 

I'll catch up with you later as we're about to pop out. I've ordered another book but can't remember what it's called or who it's written by. As for your tummy upset it could be the result of being totally  stressed out. Take care and try to relax. Your hubby isn't alone, mine has been washing, ironing and packing the Tesco delivery away this morning.  What would we do without them?😚

Soup inspiration, had to walk to the allotment for the basil where it is growing in abundance so got 6,000 steps in too AD39CDD1-625E-4232-8291-4D1AE30D2DF7.jpegWhen you need to cook lunch.

775C3AA4-6BEF-4C7E-A8E7-DF46ED30E42C.jpegMy trusty soup book to the rescue again!

Susie let me know what it’s like. I went on Amazon and found another too written by someone on one of my Facebook groups. I do wonder if Facebook overload is making things worse and all I see when I pick up my phone is cancer. Woke up this morning with achy legs which normally only happens when I have the fan on but I also took a Nytol for the first time in ages so was maybe that? I dunno but even though I feel less down than I have been I still don’t really want to get up yet. Had an upset stomach last night so that might have drained me. Husband has been running round cleaning since yesterday afternoon and he’s got to go shopping and cut the grass too. I feel positively useless 😞

Hi Shi

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just ordered Patricia Pritatel's book. 

Susie B xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Patricia prijatel book surviving triple negative breast cancer is a good book if you ever wanted to get one. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Jencat

Thanks for popping with a bit of good news. Personally I haven't gone onto any other forums and don't intend to go on any TN ones. I've recently come across a few TN people within the forums here so I'll just be sticking to this one. As for information about TN I feel as though I know what I need to know and that I will probably take each day as it comes in the future. Being vigilant when all the treatment is over seems to be the best and possibly only way of moving forward after TN diagnosis. Hope that doesn't seem too gloomy or pessimistic. Please keep in touch. Susie xx   

I think you're right Edinburd that it can often it is the bad things we hear and maybe not so much the good. I'm TN like you and Susie and that can often be the case for that too Thought this might cheer you up on that front, I've got a friend who had it about 10 years ago and is fine and my daughter's work colleague is over 6 years. My daughter said that she's doing really well-I asked my daughter what she did to help herself and she said that she eats healthily xx

Thanks Jencat xx I’m a way away from it but I’ve just heard awful things and I hate taking tablets. You never hear the good things only the bad I know that so it’s nice to know.

Is it sad that I wish I could go back months to chemo? 😞

I hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread, but I just wanted to give some more reassurance to Edinburd. My friend is being treated for bowel cancer and for some of the time he has been on oral chemo.. He has still been able to continue with his voluntary work x

Rosina I had to look up empath and I felt I was pretty much reading a description of D! Maybe that’s why I’ve always been so worried about him. And often not thought of or appreciated his point of view and upset him. What’s the opposite of an empath? I’ve been called a cold fish before! That’s me 😬

Just took a selfie, the ‘badger’ thing maybe more to do with me knowing where new growth is . It looks all grey in the photo and I look washed out !

AE21B47C-3133-4903-BEA4-EF8FE1751DC6.jpegTired me.

Oops sorry pressed the post button instead of return button on keyboard midway through. Chemo brain. Anyway I was about to pass a compliment onto Sonia. So let's try again.

Sonia28, your friend's hair is great and she looks really happy in the photo. Definitely an inspirational shot. As for your impending return to work can you start back on reduced hours then gradually increase your hours when you feel ready to do more? It might help returning to a working environment less stressful. 

Daisydi, only 3 more rad sessions to go☺. When you've completed the final one you'll be asking yourself how the Barrying h e l l did I do that?🤔🤔🤔🤔.

Edinbird, I'm with Implausible with regard to how we react to the treatment we receive. Look at how each and everyone one of us had completely different side effects. At the opposite end of the spectrum the gentleman that was starting intravenous chemo after surgery I met last week had been on oral chemo beforehand and had no problems at all.  Just remember we are all different and I'm sure the medics will prescribe you with meds to counteract any side effects in the same way as they did, or in my case, still do, whilst on intravenous chemo. Unfortunately that old chestnut 'Fear if the unknown' is probably lurking in the background. For now just concentrate on recovering from your surgery. If it's one thing I've learned going through this bc is to take one step at a time and try not to think about the next bit until each stage has been completed. 

Take care everyone. xxxxxx  

Hi Daisydi,

I have 2 more rads to go ( Monday and Tuesday next week) I have been driving myself there and back ( 20 minutes in each direction) not as far as you have to go but still I will be pleased when I don’t have to do it. The summer holidays have worked to my advantage as there is no school run traffic in the morning ( this would have easily added 10 to 15 minutes to my journey in the going up trip).

Like you the booster doses are much quicker. In the evening my boob looks pink but it is not tingling or hurting. By the morning it is back to being pale again. I think the gel application immediately post zap has been crucial. I then lotion up at bedtime.

Fab hair Implausible,

I am a bit more ‘badger’ as new growth ( on my crown and down the middle of my head at the front) is white ( light grey?) and curly.

My eyebrows are coming through ( I likened them to Velcro at the mo as the eyebrow makeup is lasting for

longer as there is something to latch on to) no eyelashes as yet though- at least none that I can see.

Sonia28 totally get the ‘emotional ‘ aspect to the work you do. I am determined to ‘protect’ myself more this time round. This is not selfish but sane.

Shout out to Edinbird if you are listening ‘SANE’. High stress levels and battling an insane world can ( will) make you ill. Especially if you are an empath. 

Hugs to all,

Rosina

MBJ

Afternoon Girls

Well I am sitting watching the rain pour down   and it's miserable. I am singing tonight with Rock Choir in the local music festival. Lucky it's in the arts theatre not out side but the downside is we are not on until 8.30pm. Also I have a dry cough and a bit of a cold so will be no asset to the singing at all.

My daughter and family are going back to Abu Dhabi on Tuesday I hope I will be well enough to go and see them in November. It's almost the end of week two of my heart monitor. I have a different one this week that needs to be clipped to a belt which is a bit of a pain. I hope the results will be ok. I have a wonderful social life next week!! Monday cardiology, Tuesday dentist, Wednesday bloods, Saturday bone watsit infusion. 

I am getting a bit impatient with my hair growth too. I think in the beginning it's such a novelty to feel you can go without a wig but now I just want MORE HAIR. 

Edinbird you are having a really tough time at the moment, please concentrate your strength on getting better then you can deal with other things later. I know my BC nurse was always looking for cording luckily I never had any. I think they need to snap them by using massage so ask next time you get seen.

Everyone else you seem to be getting on with things treatments coming to an end or at least moving on to the next stage. 

Have a good weekend I hope the weather is good for you. We will be having our two grandchildren to stay tomorrow before they go back on Tuesday so if it's dry we will be out with the dog and maybe get some ice-cream. 

Hi everyone 

What a 💩 day, weather wise 🌧🌧🌧🌧☔☔☔☹. It seems as though we've fast forwarded to the autumn🍁🍁🍃🍃. Well hubby worked from home for part of the day so that he could drive me to the hospital in the rain, which I very much appreciated as I'm not sure if I would have been awake enough to drive in difficult conditions. He's at the dentist at the moment😝 which he hates.

Implausible, the hair growth looks great and I'm sure it won't be too long before you can take back some control and start to colour it again. My hair is on a grow slow at the moment but at least I've not lost any (yet) whilst on TC. Perhaps I'll try the head and shoulders, that's if Marlyn doesn't buy up all the supplies😅😆😆.  

Think I'm getting a bit obsessed with my Aloe Vera Gel.  Whenever I feel the skin is hot I slap it on.  It gives me more relief than the Aveeno but I am using gallons of both!  If it works it would have been worth it though.

You're well on the home stretch with the rads now Daisydi - that's awesome.  
If you've got this far without too many problems then hopefully it will stay that way.  
I'm now 3 weeks past the end of my rads and despite being warned that all hell might break loose in the fortnight after they ended, I have (touch wood) had no problems at all.
I am still aveeno-ing the area just in case, but only once per day now, and what little redness there was has gone - as have the new freckles I developed during treatment.

Sarah you look so good.  Those eyebrows!  Mine are growing too and the hairs seem to be growing in all different directions so they will definitely need some attention but I dont want to start plucking them before they've finished.  On another note I have just got back from rads no. 17.  Only 3 more.  The boosters are much easier on my skin and although I do have a red itchy rash all over my chest and a sore red bit by the clavicle the radiographer today said my skin was in good condition at this stage of treatment for a large busted lady.  Lets hope it stays that way.  Looking forward to the weekend for a rest from driving.

Love to all xx

Sonia, that does sound like a lot to jump back into from a standing start....

Maybe if you can manage without the extra income for a little longer, you could resume your uni course first and get that out of the way before you go back to work?  Or if that would take too long, delay work until you feel more up to it maybe half way through the last uni year?  

Hopefully you'll figure out a solution that suits.

Gonna get me a shed load of that then! Throw the baby shampoo out......

Sarah, I’m a family health worker, I work along side the health visitors supporting families who need additional help, lots of child protection families. It can be very rewarding but also very emotionally draining.  I also should be finishing my uni course which I have placements all over the place including the hospital. Xx 

The brows are weird!  Should be ok once I've tamed them a bit though.

But yes, the head hair seems to have suddenly sprouted.

I don't know if it has actually helped at all - but I went shopping for some head & shoulders shampoo after chemo left my scalp a tad flaky, and I saw this one:
caffeinehair.jpg
It is more for blokes who are going bald than for post chemo regrowth, but I thought it was worth a try (Rosina, I checked and it is paraben free) - and I've used it in the showers after gym and swimming for the last couple of weeks.  And I swear it is since then that my hair growth has really picked up.....

Blimey orielly implausible, your hair is looking fab! Has it had a sudden growth spurt? I'm rather envious of your pretty thick eyebrows too....no scouser brows for you! X

Afternoon all

Just hopping on quickly between meetings.  It feels weird being at work on a Friday, I didn't used to work Fridays even before the cancer stuff!

Sonia, thanks for posting those pics of your friend.  They aren't only reassuring on a hair front, but also from the fact that she looks so damn healthy and full of vim and vigour.  That's brilliant Smiley Happy

My hair is now starting to come back in well, although scarily grey! Smiley Happy  my roots always used to be brown so old lady hair is a new thing for me, but I have to say that I don't entirely hate it :

20190816_130551-picsay.jpg

My eyebrows and lashes are also coming back, although the brows are growing in a bit strange as you can see!  I think I will have to take the tweezers to them this weekend, which is odd after spending the past month willing them to grow! Smiley Happy

What is your line of work Sonia?  I understand your wariness about going back to work, and to be honest I went back too early, I wasn't really physically up to it during chemo....  but even then I found it a reassuring return to some level of normality and I enjoyed that aspect of it.  You might find that you settle back in easier than you think.

Edinbird me dear, I really do get it.  Sometimes life serves you all the s*h*i*t at once and it sucks Smiley Sad

But try not to get too worked up about potential side effects of the next batch of drugs.  One thing that being in this group has really brought home to me is how different people respond hugely differently to the same treatments.  You may react to the oral chemo totally the same as that other girl or nothing like her.  And worrying about things like that before they happen is pretty pointless.  You'll just upset yourself further at an already difficult time Smiley Sad

I really hope that the coming week with your family visit and spa trip give you a little bit of a lift x  and that the blooming wasps leave you alone!  Just remember the time I was peed on by the giant dog! Smiley Very Happy  at least that hasn't happened to you yet!  X

Love to everyone

Sarah x

Thanks for all the love guys xx I know you think he’s drained me but he gave me something to keep going for during chemo rather than just sitting around feeling sorry which is what I’m doing now. I know it’s not my fault he’s been accused of what he has. It’s hard to take but I know it has to happen right now. I’ve started hearing all sorts of horror stories about the oral chemo and on the one hand I’m dreading taking that without him but on the other if it is going to make me ill I’ve got to stay put where I am. The hand and feet problems with oral chemo sound awful - I know some of us have had skin issues and struggled to get about and it sounds like a worse version of that. I know I might not get that at all but there’s a girl in her 20s just started it on Facebook and she’s got blisters appearing already on day 4 having had violent 💩! Everything just seems too much right now. If just one thing would ease up it would be ok xx

A6E64D92-A113-4924-B7FC-CC678EB0662F.jpegMy friend Michelle who had no hair after chemo 7 months later

F0DCE4C3-831F-43ED-85A5-7C34D187CCD6.jpegShe is also back to running, the mutter she is

Hi Trixielady I’ve added picture of Michelle and her hair growth, promising for us all. 

I’m sat here in the caravan with the raining coming down hard! The joys of the British weather. 

Edinbird, I agree with the others, you have to put yourself first, big hugs to you 🤗 

susie, not too much longer for that PICC line, but I really appreciated having mine. 

Sarah, glad your getting back to your old self/ life, I’m struggling a bit, my sick note runs out beginning of September and I’m not sure I’m in the right head space to go back just quite yet, hubby has said no hurry but I know financially it would be better to go back. I’m not sure I could be empathetic with people and their problems atm I feel I don’t have a lot of patience at all. Well we will have to see. 

Nettinoo, hope your weather is slightly better than ours today😬☔️ Maybe a reading day xx 

Daisydi, not too many more rads to go, nearly there. fingers crossed the skin stays good xx 

Ditkat, I found going up and down to the hospital very tiring so when the rads stopped I felt much less tired. Hopefully it will be the same for you.  

Rosina loved the photo😄

I know now what you all mean about ringing the bell, I’ve still got 5 months till my surgeries, then injections monthly it doesn’t feel like the rollercoaster is anywhere near finished, I’ve been a little down lately, as my Breast surgeon had said to me write off a year and it should be all done and dusted by then, we’ll I  won’t be !!! I got diagnosed at the end of November, with first op in December. I’m so struggling as I don’t feel like me anymore, swollen legs, aches and pains, lop side boob🤪 strange looking hair and I’m not sure she’s still going to be there when it’s all finished. 

Well I better go get ready for my wonderful day In the rain, someone pass me the Prosecco 🥂📚😘😘

Hi Trixielady 

Sorry, it wasn't me who has a friend in Australia with bc but I do remember some photos being posted ages ago of someone from there. As it happens my brother has a close female friend out there who I'm in occasional contact with..

As for the PICC line I'm glad I've got it. Yes it's a pain having it cleaned once a week but fortunately I  used to go into Yeovil weekly anyway so I'm not spending extra on petrol. Having had a fairly painful experience when a nurse put in a cannular when I had my last CT scan and a vampire nurse left me a huge bruise after taking some bloods - she wouldn't use the PICC line for some reason- .I'm grateful for it. That said I won't be sorry when it's removed. xx  

I really don't get people like that, do they think it's catching???

By the way Edinbird I agree with Maryln and Sarah about your friend.  I have had to let a local friend go, in fact she was the only person I knew in Norfolk when I moved here.  I have supported her through thick and thin and she disappeared as soon as I got by bc diagnosis.  I did so much for her especially when she was having dark moments, in fact just after my diagnosis I re-did her cv for her after my first surgery.  I saw her once, when she wanted something and I haven't heard from her since.  She lives 10 mins away and knows I was really struggling with the dogs especially but she was not there for me so I am afraid I dont have time for her anymore.  Apparently she cant do illness!

Just another quick pop in as I haven't long got in from work and am starving!  It's weird to think that a couple of months ago I could barely stay up past 7pm and now I'm fully back in the swing of working hard and eating late.  Not necessarily a good thing but I guess it shows I've got some energy back...

Just wanted to back Marlyn up really.  Edinbird you know my feelings on the whole situation as we've talked about it before and I still think you have to rip this one off like a plaster.

It will hurt like hell at first as it is difficult to adjust to losing someone who was a huge part of your daily life.  But some friendships are healthy and others do more harm than good, and I honestly believe this one was in the latter camp.

And definitely not worth losing your job overSmiley Sad

Anything the rest of us can do to make you feel better while you are feeling down, just shout.  Or rant.  Or cry.  Whatever helps.  I promise you that you won't feel this wretched for ever.  Next week will be much better.  Next month much better again.  Time passes and wounds heal.

Sending you a giant squishy hug from down south...

Sarah x

Hi daisydi 

Its strange how time is eventually passing, I actually had my call back on 4th October and was told then and as for ringing the bell I totally can't do it either because with HER2 I don't believe it is just so grateful for herceptin and letrozole and pleased I watched Living Proof. I Know we all have different kinds of BC but its been there and that's enough for me not to ring the bell. Hope you sleep better tonight xx

Oh Edinbird, just seen your post. Huge hugs coming your way❤❤❤❤❤❤. Don't allow your bestie you make you feel bad. He should realise that in your line of work you can't always pick and chose who you remain in contact with and he should respect that. It's a situation that you have no control over and I don't honestly think that losing your job is an option. You've got a whole package of emotions to cope with at the moment I doubt very much if you even know which way is up. This bc stuff has been such a lot to deal with at such a young age, you've undergone 2 lots of surgery almost back to back, with yet more treatment to come. Work has been a constant concern for you recently and added to that everybody, no doubt, expects you to be looking forward to your birthday. I think that's more than enough for one person to cope with. So rant, shout, scream as much as you want on here. We're all here for you and listening. 

On the arm front I also had a problem with one of the cords and just worked at it over a few days pushing myself as far as I could then tried to give a bit extra. It did improve over time and not a problem now.

Take care. You've got some big sisters, aunts and mum's on here looking out for you.  xxxxxxxx 

SusieB was it your friend in Australia that has BC?? Just wandering about her hair and its colour and length sure the photo we once seen was a good growth after about 4 months?? Hope she's doing well? My hair is slow at the front and a strange colour xx

Its awful when your mouth & tongue are sore, I used frozen pineapple,

Can't decide if i was lucky or unlucky about the PICC line as my veins still hurt at times.

Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

Edinbird,

want to pop in to give you a gentle hug. You have so much on your plate right now, you have to prioritise things and frankly you need to put yourself at the top of the priority list. I know how horrible it is to loose a friend but there's is absolutely nothing you can do ( even if you weren't going through hell) to help him, he sounds like he zaps your energy and you don't have enough spare , you need to seriously consider taking him up on his suggestion that you don't contact him ( I agree with him) I'm sorry if I come across blunt but he's dragging you down into a dark pit with him...you can't afford to allow yourself to go down with him.....

you need to heal and recover and when your able to think about work, as you say you need your work.....bills need to be paid....life needs to be lived.....

im so sorry again if I sound harsh but I genuinely worry for you if you try to continue this friendship, friendships should be easy....a pleasure...this one seems one sided.....so with much love from one of your pink sisters.....put yourself first....xxxx

Oh Edinbird what a mess. Really feel for you with all that you're having to deal with on top on this bc c r a p.  If its any consolation its almost 11 months since my diagnosis on 4th October.  Everything has taken so long.  I met a lady last night who was diagnosed in May and was ringing the bell for the end of her r/t.  Someone else rang it today too.  It makes me cry when people do that and I dont think I will be ringing any bells.  I dont feel that this is over by any stretch of the imagination.  I was so tired driving in today as I hardly had any sleep last night.  People cant believe Im driving myself in every day.  Not long to go now thank god.  Take care of yourself x

Hi Daisydi

Thanks for getting back to me. Going to swap the Corsodyl back to my usual alcohol free plax and will add lemon sherbets and ice lollies to my shopping list. As for the lymphodeama risk I also sit with my arm raised and find myself exercising it at odd times during the day. I used to do quite a lot of arm and leg strengthening and toning excercises 2 to 3 times per week before bc hit and am beginning to get back into the routine again, very slowly.

As for the Calendar Girls, our friend Rosanne owes me big time. xx    

Hi Edinbird, we are all here for you rant away sweetheart its the only thing you can probably do. Try and take one day at a time with work & your bestie its happened and nothing is going to change it, your own health has to come first and  good jobs are pretty hard to come by these days

As for your arm only exercise and time will help that but make sure you mention it to B C nurse, I'm still having slight issues with mine.

oh and bloody hell I've got a phantom itch on my boob. Xx

For Edinbird, to cheer her up :

B2C2725E-EACE-417A-925F-68FAD55F6676.jpegDoing a great job !

Hi guys xx so so down this week. Because my bestie is locked up work are looking at him/me and when I go back to work it’s highly likely I’ll have to sign something to say I won’t be in contact again. I told him that things are being assessed and he said I’d never choose him (how can I? I’ve got months of cancer treatment ahead I need my job) so he’s told me not to write anymore and he won’t be in contact. So upset. I hope he calms down but it’s almost inevitable. I know I just need to deal with it but on top of everything else it’s unbearable. I have ok movement in my arm for a week after surgery but the whole thing is half numb half sore and I have a huge cord in my armpit 😞 I’m sure the stretches will help and it might have been like this last time as I took ages to remove the dressings but I’m so fed up. Oh, and I got stung by a wasp when I did venture out earlier. I’ve spent the last two days pretty much in bed crying. I’m so apprehensive about going back to work because of D, because I’m meant to start my new role with barely any prep, because of the travel. Oh, and it’s my birthday next week and I hate anything that puts me at the centre of attention especially when I’m feeling so awful. Next Wednesday is 7 months since I was diagnosed and I’m not even halfway through treatment. Sorry for the rant but everything is a total mess right now 😢 

Hi Nettinoo,

there is a lovely park bang in the middle of TW. The pantiles are lovely, Fenwicks at the top of the hill. 

Glad you are enjoying your break 👍

SusieB if it had been my choice, I’d have gone for the bull and completely hidden myself behind it but you are obviously a very brave lady. I applaud you honey. I can’t wait to hear the next Calendar Girls update.

sarah, I’ve copied and saved all you Bristol info for when I visit my youngest there. So many great suggestions. Daisydi, I am so happy that the rads aren’t causing you too much grief after all the skin problems. 

Spent the morning walking around Tunbridge Wells and had lunch in the sun sat outside a lovely restaurant in The Pantiles (if any of you are familiar with TW). The dogs were fairly well behaved and spent all afternoon crashed out snoozing. I joined them! 😂 xx

Susie I had a very sore tongue most of the time and during T it was really white.  I got relief from sucking ice lollies.  Not sure about corsodyl mouthwash as it has alcohol in it I think and it would really irritate.  Also the pharamacist told me anything with lemon was good so I had a lot of sherbet lemons and fresh lemons in water.  Apparently frozen pineapple is also soothing but I didnt try it.  Bought a tin but it never reached the freezer. Also frozen grapes.  

Hope you feel better very soon and that everyone else is ok.  Re: the lymphodema risk I dont think it ever goes away so have to be really careful with lifting, gardening, saunas, hot tubs, jacuzzis, insect bites and radiotherapy can bring it on too.  I always sit with my arm raised on cushions and sleep with it raised too, when I can sleep!  Not sure about the underwired bras as I couldnt imagine putting one on for a very long time.  Also my underarm is still numb a bit and that op was in January.  Takes ages for the nerves to repair.  You are very brave on the calendar girls front.  Well done x