cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

574 REPLIES

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Morning ladies & Gents, I've just had a thought  I'm not aware if there are any men using the thread because we all use other names, well the majority do, so please if there is we're here to support you so please feel free to make yourself known xx

Aw love the cartoon! 💕

Went to sleep for 30 mins woke sweating so took off a layer did temp was still fine but now stressing about sleeping again... chatting to my bestie he seems ok today. Someone drew a Hitler moustache on a Marie Curie collection box in one of his local pubs!! Ffs.

So need to sleep but waking and sweating is normal for me anyway so hopefully I’ll go off soon. Wrote a quick poem (he does rap/hip hop so I sometimes write too) and hoping that’s cleared my brain.

Onwards to day 2!

Thank you

It really is helpful to hear how well everyone is coping

I'm less nervous now than I was a few days ago, just ready to get on with it now

Onward!

Sarah

Great cartoon. Will be thinking of you tomorrow... be good to get number one crossed off👍🏻Sleep well xxx 

Hi Implausible 

I’ve only just looked at todays messages and want to wish you all the best for tomorrow.

It’s an anxious wait I know but when you are there it will go quickly I’m sure.

On a positive note I have felt almost ‘back to normal’ since Tuesday last week, a little more tired than usual but apart from that I’ve been out every day even watched my daughter play golf all day yesterday something I didn’t expect to be able to do.

I wil be thinking of you tomorrow xxxx

Yay Edinbird, sounds like you took it like a champ!

Hope you have a smooth night 

Here's my plan for the next few days Smiley Happy

FB_IMG_1550516203719.jpg

MBJ

Hi Edenbird

I am glad your first treatment went ok., also that the cold cap was tolerable. First on for Mr on Wednesday same FEC. Hope you have a good night. Take care. X

Hello xx

Just finished updating my family and watching my baby nephew have a bath on FaceTime Smiley Happy

Cold cap was a breeze didn’t feel it after 10 mins. Didn’t get much of the back of my head but looked like a ribbed condom from the front afterwards!! Needed to contact my scalp at the top well and if I lose underneath it won’t be obvious.

Sore getting the drugs especially the third one which is F - got a pain in my forearm and a bit of swelling but it went as soon as the cannula was out.

Felt a little queasy a couple of times and been to the loo once since I got home. Soup and a toastie eaten fairly slowly!

Going to bed now, feel anxious about laying down and have to be up to call the sick line at work in the morning but I can just stay there after that if I want! Three lots of drugs to take for the next few days.

So overall - I can handle treatment day just gotta see how I go next. MRI scan on my liver isn’t for 3 weeks so maybe not as urgent as they made out? I’ll have had cycle 2 by then!

Great photos though, especially the underwater ones.  Really cool!

I miss swimming SO much, I used to go every day, haven't been since before my initial surgery in January, and I'm not allowed to go again until a month or so after the end of chemo, apparently.  Sob!

Hoping to get back to the gym sooner though, if the doc let's me.  Until then, lots of walking.

Today has been odd, just moping about getting my head straight for cycle 1 tomorrow.  It was really weird putting on nail varnish as usually that means I'm getting ready for something fun!  A hot date or night out.  Not ..... something that probably isn't going to be very much fun at all :/

And it is the first time I've painted my toenails since I was about 15.  I must have been much more flexible in those days!!!  I don't remember them being so hard to reach Smiley Happy

Good to read a couple more updates of people doing well, that's so encouraging for those of us yet to start, thank you!

Edinbird, how's you?  Hope it went well today

I followed the link.... There are a *lot* of photos in that album.  I saved rhe closest I could find to "wild hair on the left", but now the forum won't let me upload photos like I could before.  Maybe it's playing up tonight.....

MBJ

Hi Rosina

Yet it works. Well done you. X

I have a feeling that Facebook isn’t allowing me to share.

Last try anyway:https://www.facebook.com/teammacmillanevents/photos/a.1435334566563032/1435347969895025?type=3&sfns=...

Hope it works.

Photo is in my Facebook album from 2 years ago.

I am on the left with the wild hair.

MBJ

Sorry Rosina I can't get the like everyone to work to view you photo 

Can’t see itSmiley Sad

Macmillan Cancer All our Swim

Photo of me after the swim on the LHS with the wild hair. 

Haha! You can’t beat Doddy😂we can be your diddymen