cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Rosina, all that farting is healthy. I’m surprised I’m not joining you tonight. My vegan son is here for the day and night and has loaded me with healthy green packed smoothies and a jackfruit and other veggies paprika dish (my first time having jackfruit, bit weird but I liked it).

F6C4A352-1AF8-44E0-87BF-A3596FDA479D.jpeg

Sorry couldn’t resist! 😂😂😂 xxxxx

Rosina, all that farting is healthy. I’m surprised I’m not joining you tonight. My vegan son is here for the day and night and has loaded me with healthy green packed smoothies and a jackfruit and other veggies paprika dish (my first time having jackfruit, bit weird but I liked it).

F6C4A352-1AF8-44E0-87BF-A3596FDA479D.jpeg

Sorry couldn’t resist! 😂😂😂

Hi don’t know how you do it Edinbird.

I am up at 00.35 am due to my super turbo farts that came back with a vengeance today.

This is what I have eaten : breakfast- 1 orange and a bowl of granola cereal with soya milk, tea, lunch - 1 bowl of spinach soup, 1 banana and a handful of peanuts, dinner 1 whole grapefruit and 3 dates. Green tea (x mugs).

It can’t be the chemotherapy any more can it?

Can’t think of what would happen to me if I indulged and didn’t walk. I would probably launch into space propelled by fart gas 🤪 

Will try to go back to sleep although the farts keep coming - thankfully this started after I had bought my trainers!!!!

@Rosina wrote:

Wow great photos.

Is the last image , of the woman surrounded by peonies ( that’s what they look like to me) somebody I should recognise?

I also liked the orange splat ( or starfish or star ) on the metal fence.

I think the yarnbombed splat is supposed to be the sun?  It's cute regardless Smiley Happy

As for peony lady, I know the chap who painted that one, guy called Nathan who paints under the name NeverReady.  He usually uses his own photos as reference so I don't think she is anyone famous....

Like the blue trainers btw Rosina!  And you outstepped me by 5k Smiley Happy

I have just been to Jamie's Italian for the first time (it's a bit posher than the places I usually go! Smiley Happy ) for my birthday dinner.  It was really nice.  And I had 2 bucks fizzes, first alcohol I've had since before Christmas Smiley Happy ).  Edinbird, I am also flipping exhausted - yawn.  Sleep well! 

I’m soooo tired 😴

Was so hungry and sleepy I struggled with the fondue and especially the wine. Also had Disaronno and cranberry juice before the food.

Clearly I cant manage all these drinks and sitting in the sun and engaging with people for hours and waiting so long for something substantial to eat 😕 I have felt more tired than normal at bedtime lately I just wish I could stay asleep all night! I didn’t want to get up this morning but had to for bloods so I will be staying in bed as long as possible in the morning I think!

Snooze.... 💤 

AF03761B-5BB8-45E9-B6CB-A2F73E53A458.jpegBlue shoes for walking

0A3B9B0A-7A94-4C87-9DD1-8392DA6B0491.pngA good result today

Wow great photos.

Is the last image , of the woman surrounded by peonies ( that’s what they look like to me) somebody I should recognise?

I also liked the orange splat ( or starfish or star ) on the metal fence.

Edinbird, I'm hungry now🍩🍰🍮. I don't have a sweet tooth except during Dec when it's my birthday and Xmas and florentines  are an absolute must. Then you mention crisps AND fondue. How could you? As for the drinks🍹🍹🍹. Yummmmeeeee😊

Implausible your walk around Birmingham looked interesting, some of the artwork looked pretty good. All I've ever seen of Birmingham in the train station and the Bull Ring. Well maybe a bit more but that was years ago when I went there for a couple of training courses. Love the new bathroom and the door sign. Well worth the wait I hope. xx   

Hi Edinbird 

Yep, you're definitely the T tester☺ and I'd be wary too. I expect it's a bit like going back to the beginning and wandering what the first chemo session would be like🤔. I think I'm at the end of the queue🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴🕴☹. Good luck for Monday.🤞🤞

Am out for a wander in Birmingham with my fake fringe checking out the street art.

It is such a lovely sunny evening!

20190419_175544-picsay.jpg

20190419_175432-picsay.jpg

20190419_181456-picsay.jpg

20190419_180716-picsay.jpg

20190419_181634-picsay.jpg

20190419_182235-picsay.jpg

20190419_182608-picsay.jpg

We have some friends round. I have had one Pimms and two sangria two florentines and a large bowl of crisps 😬😂

Fondue still to come! I’m going to sleep well tonight!

AC6EA644-143A-4ADB-BD9D-1F621677D770.jpeg

5D474FAD-C67E-43DC-B39E-5B6078BB281D.jpeg

This is a lovely relaxing yoga Nidra meditation:

Yoga Nidra - 48 minutes

I didn’t think I could last this long without falling asleep but although I did drift I also kept returning to the voice and the instructions.

Off to walk now in my new trainers which feel fab. I went to a proper running shop and had my gait analyses.

Tried on 4 pairs. I decided on the ones that feel like slippers with support.

Can’t believe the difference!

What a beautiful day. Hope  you're all managing to get a bit of sunshine having cleared various piles of dog poo etc. Glad to report my cat has behaved so far today despite nibbling some grass earlier.

The bathroom looks fab Sarah. I love the door sign. Very cool. Sorry some of your colleagues are being so inconsiderate. Not what you need.

Your morning routine sounds delightful Rosina. I just about managed the stretches today and that was at lunchtime. Going for a walk soon.

Edinbird you are leading the way for us all girl. Wishing you super strength. Remember we're with you all the way.

Hope you cope alright with the injections Nettie. The things we have to put up with right now. It just doesn't seem fair 😓

I'm off to find some shade before I frazzle!

Love to all.

Sar xxx

Implausible,

great toilet sign- 😍 

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird, 

yes you are our first terrific T tester. 

All feedback will be appreciated.

Go girl.

Awesome news.  You are indeed our T-tester!  I'll only be one day behind you, fingers crossed.  

Well I’ve had my assessment call already! Blood trickled out just enough for the test, half is back ok and they were happy to do the assessment from that and I’m in as planned 11am on Monday

So am I the T tester for everyone?! 😱 eek! 😬 am very wary but hopefully will be fine. Everyone else can enjoy their chocolate hangovers I’ll be up bright and early to eat and drink and steroid up 💪🏻

And the finishing touches Smiley Happy

I found the sign in an antique shop and the boys provided the stickers Smiley Very Happy

20190419_114036-picsay.jpg

Implausible, love love love the bathroom. White with a bit of black is very stylish and you can always add a bit of colour with towels if you wanted too. X

Eek! Even I would struggle to get through 7 eggs in one sitting!  Glad they got the dog to the vets, I know chocolate is super bad for them Smiley Sad

Pleased to report that the bathroom is near enough done.  Still needs lino and there is a mirror and shelf to go up above the sink, but the building work is finished anyway.  Peace in my house againSmiley Happy

20190419_112058-picsay.jpgIt is all rather plain white and chrome. Lino is going to be black and white checkerboard.... this is the boys' bathroom as I have my own en suite, so no need for frills

20190419_112103-picsay.jpgBath still full of water while sealant fully dries....

20190419_112113-picsay.jpgFunky heated towel rail thingummy

Implausible, heartless sods. I’m glad you told them to Barry off. They need to understand if they overwork you now you may be unavailable for a while. I think you are amazing to be doing what you are doing.

Marlyn, hope your night went ok. I was awake from 2-4am with the steroids but don’t feel too bad. Start 7 daysWBC injections this evening so expecting that to change. Have a lovely sunny day those of you that feel up to getting out and about. 

Ocean what’s your weather like in France. Glorious I hope. 

Os Just seen a post on Facebook from my vets. They had a Labrador in who ate 7 Easter eggs. Luckily owners got her to the vets quickly where she was made sick and is recovering. I’m making sure mine are well out of doggies way at all times. Xxx

Most of them are being more considerate.  This is someone from another department who probably just thinks I'm back and doesn't realise I'm not at full strength....  still a bit of a cheek!

Please update later Edinbird. 🍀 xx

Good luck Edinbird.  What a cheek Sarah 10pm the night before a bank holiday.  They are having a laugh.  Even if you wanted to do it you physically wont be able to.  Do they not understand what you are going through?

I'm rather relieved to report that my cat has been well behaved overnight and there is neither poop nor puke for me to clean Smiley Happy

The teenagers, however, have made a bit of a mess 

And I have woken to an email from work sent to me last night at 10pm assigning me an urgent client job due by end of play Tuesday.  Now given it is now the Easter weekend, and I am in hospital most of the day on Tuesday getting (hopefully, bloods willing) chemo number 4, and it is at least a 2 day job, I'm not sure how they expect me to do it!

I have sent a rather snotty email back saying that , whereas I have worked through the weekend many times in the past to solve our clients' crises, I am simply not up to that right now, as I am already exhausted from 3 days in the office this week, and that I'm going to have to say sorry but no chance.

I've never said no before in 11 years, they ain't gonna like it!  As knowing them they will have already told the client it'll be done.

Sorry work, I've got to put myself first at the moment.....

PS good luck with your bloods Edinbird!

Morning xx I’ve been drinking water, tea, juice, and more water...

Aiming for 1500ml by the time I get to hospital. And I bet they still struggle for a vein... wish me luck 😬

MBJ

Update Rosina and Daisydi

Just been cleaning up cat vomit off my kitchen floor, only fed him 15mins ago and this is the healthy one! They are too greedy and I am probably feeding them too much. 

Morning Rosina and everyone else.  So far today I have cleared up a pile of dog poo and drank a cup of coffee!

Hi Rosina 

Your early morning routine sounds great, really relaxing. So far I've just done a top up Tesco shop on my tablet whilst still in bed🛏 ! Love the meaning of the card. Very appropriate for what we are going through and supporting each other. Must get up now for a shower and hair wash - what's left of it😨.

Have a good day. Will catch up with everyone later xxx

MBJ

Morning Rosina

What a great morning you have had so far and it's still only 8.30am. So far this morning I have fed a greedy dog and two fussy cats, now time for my fruit.

Beautiful card for a solemn day for our Christian community. Off to church for 10am for the stations of the cross oh and a hot cross bun too. Better get my skates on. 

Morning Ladies,

slept well. Woke up Have done my body brushing followed by sesame oil full body and face massage ( I love it). Then shower, yoga stretches, Calm meditation then I thought let me pull out a card for today. This is what I got 636AFD94-4B89-4B1E-A193-C73C16B10EA8.jpeg

The message for this card amongst other things says :

’Learn from your current experiences, then share them with others ‘ 

Tea and breakfast now.

Love you all.

Rosina

Evening all

I am soooooo tired so just a quick catch up

Marlyn well done, another one in the bag!  Take it easy now x

Dr MBJ, well done on the Slimming World return.  I weighed myself yesterday and I have put on 1 stone 4lb since the week before I started chemo.  That's horrendous!  I'm only half way through!  I've decided to get back on the diet bandwagon (I calorie count with MyFitnessPal, lost nearly 4 stone last year with that plus lots of time in the gym) straight after this weekend (it's my birthday Saturday and I have a choccie egg for Easter Sunday, so I need to get both of those out of the way first Smiley Very Happy).  Hopefully I can lose some weight over cycles 4, 5 and 6.  Or at least stop gaining :/

Susie, yay for lovely new kitchen cupboardsSmiley Happy  my bathroom is now all done apart from the lino, and I need to get a mirror and shelf put up.

Edinbird....oooh gifts from Anthropologie!  I didn't even know we had those over here.  Only ever seen it on American TV shows. 

My chemo place is shut over the whole Easter weekend.  I usually have my bloods on the Monday but no can do this time.  I'll have to have them Tuesday morning and then wait there 90 mins for the result  before they decide whether or not to proceed.  Which is a pain.

Seaside, fwit fwoo!  You look gorgeous.  Glad you had fun.  Enjoy your goodie bag of delights Smiley Happy

Rosina, good news that you are so invigorated.  Shows what a further week of chemo recovery and a good sleep can do.

As for me I'm still in a bit of a downer mood, but hopefully I can  sleep tonight, which should sort me out.  I'm just tired more than anything.  2.5 days in work and the look good feel better session have worn me out. 

Love to everybody x 

Sarah

Hi all

Just a quick pop in. 

Edinbird, Easter Monday and chemo definitely don't belong together☹.

I don't think treatment is done here on Bank holidays which is why my PICC care was done today. Mind you if you had to rely on public transport  down here during a Bank holiday, forget  it🚍 so some people can't get there anyway.

I'm feeling a bit better now but as far as FEC goes it can FEC off. I know I was lucky enough to tolerate it throughout but it didn't have to leave a sting in the tail as a good bye present🎁.  

Who mentioned earlier about male friends being difficult and hard work sometimes. I found the answer. I married my best male friend. Deal with both at the same time☺.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter and enjoy doing whatever you have planned.  At least the sun is set to shine☀️ so that should boost morale. Happy days☺☺☺☺☺☺

Positively glowing Seaside Sar. Glad you enjoyed the LGFB session. Lots of goodies too☺.

Yes it’s a pain I have to go to hospital for bloods tomorrow. Drs is 5 min drive hospital is 30 mins... not the end of the world but still annoying. And yes it’s all normal service on Monday, if you’re due you’re due. So fingers crossed I don’t want a delay but still, frustrating I can’t get my bank holiday back. Especially as we’ve just gone onto new terms and conditions and we no longer get May Day!

Didnt realise they did chemo on Bank Holidays, or bloods for that matter.  Yes get that water down you x

BB479900-A808-40E3-9F43-2106C8F7E234.jpegThanks Edinbird for getting me out

Forgot Trixielady was trying to remember everyone without peeping.  Hope you are your family are ok and have a lovely Easter x

Daisy all being well it’s time for T on Monday.

Good Friday = bloods

Easter Monday = T

So I decided to do no work today as my holidays are being messed up! I will do a bit over the weekend to make up for it.

I went for my walk and my shoes started rubbing... cut it short and I have a blister 😬 gutted but at least it’s not too bad and only days before treatment. I was worried about healing but hopefully if I leave it to the air it’ll be ok. V annoying.

I think 10% is good... 1mm sounds rubbish but it was only 15mm to start with. Consultant was pleased anyway. As was my dad who is 67 today and said it was the best birthday present he could have had. In the circumstances I guess... I can think of better things!

Right away to keep drinking so my bloods are maybe less awful than usual tomorrow 😬

By the way Edinbird I nearly lost my whole breast for a 1mm clear margin and not 2 but my surgeon agreed to go in a third time so it is quite significant in the bc world x

Evening all,

Sar you look so good hope you feel good too!

Marilyn well done on number 4. You and Susie are FEC heroes.

Nettie hope you are ok

Sarah hope your day got better with your new shoes on

Rosina take it easy with the walking. I usually walk loads but I had to go sit on a bench today as my legs felt so heavy.

Edinbird glad your nasty has shrunk.  10% is quite good isn't it after only 3 treatments?  So will you be the first in our gang to get the T.  Think so.  Is it Tuesday?

MBJ nice to hear from you.  Hopefully now FEC is over for me I will stop eating chocolate cookies which are the only things I fancy in the morning

Sonia hope you have a lovely Easter with your family

Sandra and Veronica hope you are both ok

Ocean hope you are ok

Have a great Easter everyone. Have another friend coming so hopefully will be able to post some more pictures xx

Hi Edinbird,

I am finally getting my butt out the front door. Must at least get my 10,000 steps!

Seaside, looking gorgeous and a beautiful smile to boot. 

Marlyn, well done for downing some toast. Join me in sloth mode for a while. Xxx

Looking wonderful Sar 💁🏻‍♀️

Just did my good deed for the day and took some stuff to Cancer Research charity shop. Nearly got a parking ticket faffing with the gift aid form but there we go! 😂

Oh and met bestie for a quick cup of tea, things are good now and he’s suddenly shocked he won’t see me until Weds at the earliest...! That boy’s brain is surely fried. I hope I’m not in T ache hell on Weds but will have to wait and see...

I might go back out for a walk, I downloaded your app Rosina and I’m now wanting to get more steps! Which again is now annoying if T does me in! The weather is so nice so I want to enjoy it!

I've read through all of today's posts now.

Marlyn well done on getting through another one. Rest up now and take it easy.

Sorry you were feeling a bit off this morning Sarah. Hope the shoes have worked their magic. They're great by the way.

Lovely pic of you and your friend Edinbird. Good news on the shrinking gremlin too.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Susie. You need to be well for those Easter eggs!

MBJ hats off to you for getting on with Slimming World. You are very inspiring.

Sonia, steroids without chemo, there's a thought. I'm already hulk like when I have mine with chemo.

Everyone, hope you've managed to enjoy some sunshine today. If not, it's here for the weekend ☀️

Aw, thanks Rosina.

You've been working hard today. Love the garden. Are you planning on having a rest any time? 😊

Looking fabulous Seasidesar,

cheered me up seeing you looking so beautiful 😍 

Hi everyone,

Just got back from my LGFB session. I thought it was great! Very relaxed and surrounded by lovely people. My friend from Bosom Pals was there so it was nice to see her too. Here are photos of the goodies and the before and after shots.

20190418_155108.jpgSkincare stuff

20190418_155130.jpgLoads of make up

20190418_124504.jpgBefore

20190418_152607.jpgAfter

Kitchen done, so now have fully matching doors🚪🚪🚪🚪☺. Getting nice and warm here☀️☀️🌡. I'm a bit better now although a little tired. Paul has managed to finish work early which is just as well as we have to go back into Yeovil later for my PICC care, then the holidays can start☺. Read all the posts so will be back later to respond. Enjoy the sunshine🌞🌞🌞🌞.xxx

Well done Marlyn, 

rest and keep us updated.

🌺🌸🌼⭐️