325388posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2019 Chemo Starters

Re: August 2019 Chemo Starters

Hi lisaloo

I started EC in Aug 2018 and like you struggled with the no2s. Tell them at ur next appointment and they should give you some stuff to help - I had an orange flavoured powder to mix into water ( can't remember what is called - great example of chemo / menopause brain 😁) and took it three times a day after my infusion - I found taking it before I needed to helped a bit). Meanwhile a tip I was given was to raise my knees whilst sat on the loo. I used to stick a couple of thick books under my feet (encyclopedia type thick). This did help so worth a try.

Good luck

Sue xx

Hi everyone 

Just popped from the February group and noticed a post about PICC line covers. I found Annabandana on-line and bought several, very reasonably priced - less than £3 -  ones from them. They sell them in 3 different sizes in a large variety of colours and patterns. Some even have matching bandana scarves. I've been wearing them since February and they will definitely take me through to late September when Klingon the PICC line is taken out. I'm on a trial, chemo, surgery, chemo, rads hence the reason for PICC line being in place for such a long time. 

While I'm here one thing I've found useful is to not only have an overnight  bag packed for any unexpected hospital admissions but I also had a dedicated bag for routine hospital appointments, scans, onco, chemo, etc. All I needed to do prior to each appointment was to pop in my purse and my phone and I was/am ready to go.  Especially helpful when going to hospital every week for PICC line care on top of everything else. xx

Hi Becki

Good to hear your your not feeling as bad as after your first EC. I’m now day 3 post EC and apart from being sick on Friday night Iv haven't felt too bad so far. I felt a bit achy and mega tired yesterday so just had a day of chilling out watching four in a bed and come dine with me 😆 I don’t actually feel too bad this morning either although I haven’t actually rolled myself out of bed yet so that might change once I’m up and about. Iv definitely not lost my appetite and making sure I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and veg. My mum and dad have bought me a soup maker so I’m looking forward to trying that out today. I am however the opposite to you and struggling to with the number 2’s 💩😬 

hope your feeling a bit better today. 

Big hugs to all 

Lisa xxx

Hi EM39,

I bought my travel sickness bands from my local chemist x

@Bob123 wrote:

Hi All

Hope you’re all feeling ok today.

I just wondered if anyone has had any success with PICC line covers? I’ve got 2 from annabandana that get baggy and fall down my arm and 2 from piccme that roll down 🤪 any suggestions would be greatly received.

Good luck for tomorrow Lisaloo, I’m sure you’ll smash it. I’m in for my second weekly chemo tomorrow, fingers crossed it goes as smoothly as last week.

Take care everyone

Bob xx

Hey Bob - just a picc line cover note - I bought a couple from etsy and eBay but they haven't been great TBH, the only ones that seem to be the right tightness and length are the ones I made myself from some old fishnet glittery tights! They look pretty good too and I used the whole leg and then double rolled them up. From afar apparently they look like an iPhone jogging cover Smiley Happy I might pop to primark for some more tights and make some in different colours. 

@Blackcat wrote:

Hi EM39,

Mine are Sea Bands nausea relief acupressure wrist bands, and cost about £6-7 from Amazon.  Obviously other brands/retailers are available!  Mine are comfortable to wear and seem very robust.  I was quite sceptical before I bought them about whether they would work, but they definitely make a difference for me.  

Blackcat xx

Definitely going to try these too! Thanks for the tip

Hi All,

Sorry haven't checked in here for a week or so, but I've had a good read through and hello again to you all! I'm now on day 3 after my second EC, and like last time, this day seems to be my total knock-out day, all I'm really capable of is telly and slobbery! But I wasn't anywhere near as bad this time straight after treatment or yesterday though, so I'm wondering if it's the first filgastrim injection that has toppled me over!  Anyhoo, yesterday I awoke to hair shedding EVERYWHERE (I'm not cold-capping, and this was exactly 16 days after my first treatment) so I made it up the road for buzz cut from my local hairdressers (which whilst I'm not exactly rocking, it's not as bad as I feared!), and today am lying in bed watching telly in full make-up and my most glamorous wig and turban combi to try and make myself feeling a bit zazzy today...

Anyhoo, I had a pretty rough ride for the first week last time - lots of heartburn, diarrhoea and general exhaustedness, but my meds have been tweaked a bit this time (omeprazole has done wonders for the heartburn - which I never realised could be so painful!) so I'm hoping it won't be such a tough week this time... But if it is, I'm much more confident it won't last, as I'm really happy to report that in week two I felt almost fully back to my normal self! We even booked a spontaneous air b n b in Margate, had a rainy day on the beach with my 3 and 6 year old, and made it out for dinner in the evening, and in week two nearly got my 10,000 steps each day! So the fear is a bit less this time, and just trying to sit it out through the crappy days and then I'm hoping next week I can do a bit of work, see some friends and do a little bit of living, all fingers crossed the pattern remains the same. 2 more fortnightly EC to go and then 12 weekly pac, boy oh boy, it's still a long path ahead! 

Hating today leaving my husband to do all parenting whilst I'm drooping away upstairs, but he's doing wonders, I owe him a MASSIVE celebration next year for his 40th birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary once through all of this, having some fun doing some mental planning for a better 2020!

Sending you all love and strength Smiley Happy

Hi EM39,

Mine are Sea Bands nausea relief acupressure wrist bands, and cost about £6-7 from Amazon.  Obviously other brands/retailers are available!  Mine are comfortable to wear and seem very robust.  I was quite sceptical before I bought them about whether they would work, but they definitely make a difference for me.  

Blackcat xx

Mrn ladies, I’ve just looked online for travel sickness bands....so so many, is there any particular ones you would recommend? I’m definitely getting them for my next cycle 👍👍 thanks xxx

Hi all,

I’m another fan of the anti-sickness bands.  I wore them throughout my first treatment and in the days afterwards, and found that they had a better effect on the queasy/nauseous feeling than the pills I had been prescribed to take if necessary after the steroids had finished (metaclopramide - I only took one of these, but found the bands were better, for whatever reason).

I also found that eating a couple of mini breadsticks really helped if I ever felt a bit nauseous, and seemed to settle my stomach from any churning feelings.   

Blackcat xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👏👏👏lisaloo, don’t forget to let your units know if your antisickness meds don’t work all of you, they will tweak them till they find right combo for you, you don’t need to try and cope with sickness. Keep the water flowing as you are and rest and sleep as your body tells you 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Monty

Yes I’m definitely going to give them a go and I’m making the most of feeling ok while I can. I’m even just about to pop to the local supermarket with my daughter. I’m not being complacent though im just trying to do “normal things” just waiting for the side effects to kick in. I’m taking my temp regularly and drinking plenty of water (which I do anyway to be honest so not finding a struggle) trying to pack myself with lots of fruit and veg also. 

It’ll do you good to try and get out in the fresh air if your feeling up to it monty.. I don’t know where abouts you are but it’s a lovely day here today. 

Hope you have as good a day as possible.

Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa, 

hlad you managed to Get to get some sleep and you seem to be doing well so far. I haven’t taken my sickness bands of for more than an hour each time (when showering) otherwise I sleep in them aswell. Worth a go. 

I suspect the fresh air with do you good when your feeling strong enough to take your dog out. I haven’t been out of the house since my first FEC Chemo on Wednesday soo I’m going to give it a go after some brunch (still in bed as didn’t manage to get to sleep until 4am (ish). 

Hope you and everyone else in this forum has a day of feeling normal (as we know it ) with minimal side effects. Xx

Morning ladies 

oh I think I’ll give the travel sickness bands a try! I felt ok after my first Ec yesterday until about 5pm when I started to feel really nauseous.. then was sick about 7.30. Nothing since though so fingers crossed 🤞🏽. Iv actually slept ok too apart from up a couple of times weeing because of all the water Iv drank. Don’t feel too bad this morning although I’m still laid in bed at the minute. Going to attempt to take the dog out for a little walk once Iv had some breakfast. 

Hope everyones as well as can be expected. 

Lisa xxx

Very true Spottycotty! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

As you say, the bands working might be a coincidence, but l didn't want to risk it either! x

My friend sent me some travel sickness bands actually, I did start to feel better when I used them, not sure if it’s coincidence or not but I was nervous to take them off too!!

Bit like using anti wrinkle cream, we’ll never really know if it works will we but it makes us feel better 🤣

I hope they work for you JulieME, they're definitely worth a try. I used to be nervous to take them off, so probably kept them on longer than I needed to! xx

Thank you Jencat - I'll definitely give the travel sickness bands a try.  xx

Thank you BOD

That does sound like a long road but, as you say, it will be worth it in the end.  Thank you for letting me know how it's affected you each time, and I hope the 3rd cycle this week was OK... and you're not suffering too much now.

I too am eating as healthily as I can - lots of fruit and veg, but have found I can only manage white bread which I don't usually like at all.  It's the days when everything makes me feel nauseous that are difficult because even a banana refused to stay put recently.

I think I'll get some Lucozade sport (thanks for the tip) - can't hurt to try, and my dog might appreciate a slightly faster walk than he's been getting recently!  I wasn't able to take him for a couple of days, but family stepped in so he didn't miss out.  It's the perfect reason to get out in the fresh air, which as you say definitely makes me feel better.

This forum is great for stopping us feeling alone, and I'm sure I'll be looking at it often.  With very best wishes, xx

Just to add to Monty19's comment about the travel sickness bands. I wore them when I had chemo in Oct'17 and I wasn't sick at all. I used to wear them whilst I was having chemo and then for a few days afterwards until I'd finished taking the anti-sickness tablets. I don't know if it was the bands that made the difference with me, but they're definitely worth a try x

Thank you Wolvesgirl

Hope your Zumba went well - it seems so strange that we feel fine, and know that we're going to have a treatment that's going to make us feel unwell!  You wouldn't do that in any other circumstances, would you?!!

Everyone does seem very supportive - and I think that will be a big help.  I hope I can support others as well as we go along on our journeys.  This time next year we might not be millionaires, but we'll feel like we are when we're told we're all better.

Good luck next week - getting the chemo was fine for me, although I was dreading it to be honest.

xx

Thanks Blackcat.  Ah, so we were in the same position on 7 August!  My next one is scheduled for 29 August, so I'll be thinking of you when when I'm sitting in one of the big blue chairs hooked up to the machinery.  I'm having a portocath fitted next week, so something else new to get used to - the nurses tell me it will be good for me as my treatment is likely to go on for quite some time.  They seem quite surprised at how many I'll be having, and there was me thinking I wasn't too bad... but it's the HER2+ side of things that seems to have made such a difference (I'm "triple positive" apparently).

I've had the sore throat / swollen mouth too, but that's gone now.  Woke up this morning feeling pretty good (was wonderful!) but a little nauseous later, so back on the drugs for that which have made me tired.  Ah well, no-one said it would be easy and at least we've started the journey now so one step closer to it being over.

Hope you're feeling OK today.  xx

Thank you Spottycotty.

It's so lovely to hear from others going through similar horrors, but putting up with them so well and with as much humour as we can manage!  I seem to lurch between the nausea and the tiredness, but am starting to work out a pattern so that hopefully I'll be more prepared after my second chemo (29 August).  I think I'll be more strict about what I'm prepared to agree to do in the 9 or so days after the chemo next time...

I agree - although not pleasant, fatigue is much better than the sick feelings, and my dog is loving it, as he spots an opportunity to snuggle up and takes it every time.  Not that I'm cold, but he's clearly taken on the role of portable hot water bottle.

Hope you're feeling 'reasonable' today.  xx

Good afternoon champions,

I am 48 hours on from my first chemotherapy session. I have to say, so far so good.  No sickness just periods of fuzziness and tiredness. Also the steroids I took yesterday did keep me awake until gone 3am. 

I also tried the cold cold cap and seemed to be ok after the first 10 mins. It was more about the weight of the cap that I found uncomfortable.  But rest the chair bed back and nearly dropped off (me not the cap) 

i have found eating ginger ginger biscuits and tea and also wearing the sea sick wrist bands all the time has helped.  I notice when I take the bands off while I have a was then my then I start to feel nauseous.  Maybe worth giving them a go.

The nurses at the hospital were so lovely. Like others on here, I’m glad to get the first session of many out of the way.  Starting my injections today for next five days.  Let’s hope the bone pain won’t be as bad as I have been told after these. Would be good to hear how you are progressing. 

Keep strong, positive thoughts and we can beat this xx

Hi ladies

first one all done. Feel better now I know what to expect. All the nurses were so lovely and made me feel so comfortable. My mum came with me so we had a little giggle too with the other ladies. So far I’m feeling ok a bit fuzzy headed but apart from that I’m ok. I just hope when the side effects come there kind to me and don’t just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Bob I hope yours has gone ok today. 

Take care ladies

Lisa xxx

Hi Wolvesgirl,

I hope that you have a lovely weekend in North Wales, and that the weather is kind to you.   Have a good break from thinking about treatments, eat lots of nice food and have some fun! I am going to try to do the same - on Day 10 post-EC tomorrow and feeling pretty much back to normal at the moment.  Head follicles are prickling but no real hair loss as yet, so will see what happens in the next couple of days.  Wig, hats and scarves are at the ready.  I have two beautiful indoor black cats (hence my username) who seem a bit spooked by the wig and run a mile when I put it on, so I am hoping that the reaction of human beings will not be the same!  

Blackcat xx

Thank you ladies 💕

best of luck Lisaloo and Bob123 - another one crossed off!!! get good sleep xxx

All the best for tomorrow, Bob - I hope that everything goes really well.  You have one treatment under your belt already and you know what to expect now, which makes a big difference.  We will all be rooting for you too.

Blackcat xx

Thank you for all the support Ladies 😘😘

And Bob I’ll be thinking of you too on your second round. I’m hoping once I get tomorrow out the way it all won’t seem as daunting! 

Hugs to everyone xxx

Hi All

Hope you’re all feeling ok today.

I just wondered if anyone has had any success with PICC line covers? I’ve got 2 from annabandana that get baggy and fall down my arm and 2 from piccme that roll down 🤪 any suggestions would be greatly received.

Good luck for tomorrow Lisaloo, I’m sure you’ll smash it. I’m in for my second weekly chemo tomorrow, fingers crossed it goes as smoothly as last week.

Take care everyone

Bob xx

Welcome murphsmum,

Sorry that you find yourself here, but it’s  great that you’re preparing and figuring stuff out now ahead of everything starting, I think waiting to start is the worst bit as the anticipation of feeling ill is awful!!

Hopefully you’ll sail through. Have you got any definite dates yet?

Lisaloo good luck for tomorrow, we’ll be thinking of you xxxxxxxx

Hi Lisaloo,

All the very best for tomorrow - you will be fine, and we will all be cheering you on.

Blackcat xx

Hi wolvesgirl 

Thank you so much for the well wishes. Last full shift at work done today then I’m just going to go in as and when i feel I can. Iv just been shopping and stocked up on ice lollies, Oranges, a fresh pineapple to chop into chunks, some mouth wash and a soft tooth brush. I’m going to look on line for the nail cream too. Thank you so much for the tips ladies. Very very nervous about tomorrow now. Going to have a nice bath get my pjs on, chill out and eat sweets with my kids.

ill keep you all posted on how I get on tomorrow xxx

Hi, I will be starting chemo in the next 3 weeks and am going to try and print what you wrote, it sounds like valuable information. Going to stock up on ice lollies, pineapple and cheese I think!

Thanks for the info x

Hi Lisaloo

Just a note to say all the best for tomorrow - I will be thinking of you.  I am sure and I hope that you will be absolutely fine.  I am not sure about internet connection whilst I am away so just in case - have a good weekend everyone and talk to you next week.  This time in a week I should be home after my first session and on the way to getting this phase of treatment over with.  Love and peace xxx

Hi JulieMe, 

my story is very similar to yours. Lumpectomy and reconstruction but following second biopsy show grade 3 lymph node involvement and a HER+ tumour as well as a large area of DCIS everything changed and I am now on pre surgery chemo and targeted therapy TCHP ( tacatel carboplatin Herceptin and Perjeta) . I had my 3rd cycle this week So half way through primary treatment before op and radiotherapy and more Herceptin for 12 cycles. Long road but worth it.

As to your question about each treatment being similar mine have  have all been different. First cycle I was violently sick when I came off steroids. 2nd  time I changed tack with my prep. I had my last meal the day before by 6 pm and avoided all processed carbs. I also missed my yogurt and fruit as well as cereal the morning of chemo but did have a small homemade cup a soup as I needed food with my steroids. I think this cleared my tummy more quickly. Reading other threads a empty tum helps the waste  chemo to leave your system more quickly which helps with the sickness.

Be aware of Constipation It can be much more difficult to treat than the trots. I try to keep regular with prunes etc but on chem day I take Dulcolax before bed which helped me. If I get bad trots I take a pill but also drink Lucozade sport the one that replaces the lost  electrolytes in your system. It worked so well I was able to go for a bike ride an hour later without being worried.  I do mainly keep everything in check by eating healthily.

Oh and I also try to going walking as much as possible as that also makes me feel less shattered. I come back pleasantly weary and have a better rest. Gets rid of the feeling bad for me anyway. If I can’t get out I do some gentle dancing around but slow to how I was.

Because of a computer crash at my Hospital I couldn’t se my Oncologist before my 2nd round of treatment but I have been given better ant- sickness drugs this time. They seem to working so far but I’ll see once the steroids leave my system later today. 

I think our bodies all react differently to our personalised treatment but chem nurses and this marvellous forum have loads of help. I have many of the possible SE but very low grade as I try to preempt them by taking the prescribed pills and creaming well before the SE gets underway. 

I seem to be doing ok but I am getting slightly more weary each time. 

Hope your experience is not too bad

best wishes BOD x

HI Spottycotty, Wolvesgirl and everyone,

Yes, I agree about the oranges (they keep the innards moving too, just in case the steroids cause any backup!), and also the ice lollies (mine are those rocket ones, which I think are pineapple flavoured).  I am also really enjoying those little pots of jelly with fruit in, which I keep in the fridge and are lovely and cool to eat if your mouth is a bit sore.  They come in several flavours.  Other things I have started using are non-perfumed soap (Simple), Sanex dry skin shower gel and E45 lotion, as my skin is now getting a bit dry and flaky.  I am also using Evonail (from Amazon) on my nails, which seems to be doing them good.  I am using lots of lip balm too, and have bought a nice one from Burts Bees which seems to be particularly protective.

Hope everyone has a good day, despite the dismal weather.

Blackcat xx

Welcome JulieME

Sorry you are here as none of us want to be in this position but I think we are supporting each other through this and I am sure you will find it helpful.  Just off to a double hit of Zumba - making sure I get my fix in before next week when I have my first cycle.

xx

Hi JulieME,

It’s good to meet you, and to hear how you are doing.  I have an HER2+ lump too and had my first chemo (EC) last week on the same day as you (Wednesday 7 Aug).  I felt pretty well for the first few days, apart from developing a sore throat over the weekend, but like you I have felt more nauseous and tired over the past two days.  I guess that this must be a pattern, as we are now in the lowest point of the treatment cycle when we have fewest resources.   I have not actually been sick or had any other digestive issues as yet.. Hopefully we will get past this stage and will feel better in a few days time as our blood counts rise (then it will be on to the next treatment).

It is good that you have got your biopsy over, as early morning appointments definitely do not help when we are feeling under the weather.  I hope that you will have a much better day today.

Blackcat xx

Thanks Spottycotty

Will add oranges to the list!  Rather partial to them at the best of times so hopefully that will continue.  I will also get the lollies in stock.  Glad you are feeling better - enjoy the time with the children now you are feeling better xx

Welcome JulieMe,

Sorry that you find yourself here as we all are but we are in it together now!

Pleased to hear you haven’t suffered too much, I’m at the fatigue stage at the minute, feels like someone turned earths gravity up!

Never mind though, I prefer this to feeling sick and dizzy!

Anyway, lovely to ‘meet’ you, hope you can enjoy your day xx

Just to add to your list Wolvesgirl, I’ve now got a freezer drawer full of orange ice lollies! They scraped me through the first couple of days along with oranges kept in the fridge. Couldn’t manage any other flavour though!

Also crackers were a godsend to nibble on when I was at my worst. 

The hospital gave me the mouthwash to bring home with me.

My friends have asked if I need anything, bath soak, iTunes voucher etc, I said no thanks, if you come and visit all I need is a bag of oranges!! They rolled their eyes but it’s so true 🤣

pleased to say, I’m day 8 and back In the land of the living, off to cinema with kids later, feel bad for affecting their summer holidays!

Really hope everyone is else is well today xxx

Hi Lisaloo, Blackcat and everyone else in our little gang

Pouring with rain here this morning and so dark!  Not looking great for our weekend away in North Wales but hey ho!  Anyway, Lisaloo well done for yesterday, I am sure you feel more anxious as it seems more real now you have set foot in the place - once Friday is out of the way as Blackcat says you will be one more day closer to the end of the treatment with me sprinting in six days behind you.  Have you got everything that you need?  I have been jotting down stuff that people recommend - alcohol free mouthwash, avocado oil, pineapple chunks, ginger biscuits etc - and will get them when I next shop.  

Have a good day all of you. xx

Hi everyone.  I managed to post this in the wrong place yesterday, but Community Champion Jill has helped me find the right place.  Hope this finds you now...

Having been diagnosed in July, I was originally going to have a lumpectomy or mastectomy followed by radiotherapy.  But when I went for my appointment with the surgeon they'd had more results in that showed my cancer is HER2 positive - which changed things dramatically (I thought I was going to 'get away' with having chemo).

So now I'll be having 18 cycles of SACT, including 6 chemo at 3-weekly intervals (although I'm not sure whether the Ontruzant/Herceptin will be at longer intervals once the chemo is over).  I will also be having Zoledronic acid to help bone strength, but only once I have obtained a report from a dentist. There seems to be so much to do and sort out!

I had my first chemo last week (Weds 7th) and was fine for first couple of days, but have felt very nauseous (only been sick once) and nasty 'other end' business for the last 3 days.  Has anyone else been able to identify a pattern of good and bad days?  I had to have another biopsy (lymph nodes) yesterday and it was an early morning appointment, which I think didn't help at all and I felt awful all day.  SO tired too.

Just thought I'd introduce myself and wish everyone else on here the very best of luck with their treatment.  I'm scared, but am trying to remember that the drugs are my friends and that they will be fighting for me against the Evil Lump as we have named it.  Best wishes to all  xx

Hi Em39

You have hit the nail on the head - thats exactly how I feel and I think the people that do know think I am crazy for feeling this way - I can't help it!  Like you, I know they are well meaning but the idea that random people know really personal stuff about me is something I cannot come to terms with.

Great advice re the paracetamol - thank you - I will take that on board.  I really hope I will be like the lady you mention - I guess none of know how it will affect us until we start.  

Thanks for the kind words - I am glad I am not the only one!  Very best wishes xxx

Morning ladies.

Went to the chemo ward yesterday afternoon for my pre chat. I really am so nervous and anxious for Friday morning now 😬😳 

wolvesgirl I hope you have a lovely weekend away. I get what you mean about feeling out of control, glad it’s starting but also not! It is indeed a very strange time! I’m feeling so many emotions all at once. 

Hope everyone that’s already started is feeling as ok as they can. 

Lisa xxx

Hi Blackcat

I found the Doc/Her/Per side effects weren't as bad has the EC.  I didn't have nausea, headaches or that spaced out feeling like i had with the EC.  I did find that days 1 -3 were ok then 4-8 just feeling achey and tired, bones in hips and bottom of back throbbed (a bit like flu aches) but were easy to fend off with painkillers.  I hope your treatments aren't too bad - but you will get through them.  Today i feel on a high after the last chemo (maybe steroids). 

Try not to worry about changing on to D/H/P after EC, it is doable and we all experience different side effects, Don't be a martyr to the pain if they give you pain killers take them it makes it easier.

I don't know if you ladies have read about nails and chemo or not - i would like to share with you my experience so far - i have just used avocado oil rubbed into my nails and cuticles every other evening and so far after my 7 cycles my nails look and feel fine, hopefully that stays the same.

Also i have used the mouthwash that was given at the hospital only every evening before bed and have not suffered with any mouth issues.  

These are just my experiences and might not work for everyone but just thought i would share.

Stay strong ladies

take care

Debi

Hi Spottycotty, Em39 and everyone,

Sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time with side effects.  I am on Day 7 post EC and can definitely relate to the “concrete in the veins” feeling, and being in a haze.   I guess that a few of us on the thread are hitting the low point in the treatment cycle now (hopefully we will then get a few better days before the next treatment).  I have also been trying to describe to friends how it feels, and have found it impossible to explain.  I think that I feel like some kind of human chemistry experiment which has been unleashed, but over which I have no control.  Each day is one more towards the end of our treatment, though, and the drugs are hopefully doing their job (as their effects indicate).  Five more to go - yes, we can definitely do it, and we will help each other through.

Take care,

Blackcat xx