Re: August 2018 Chemo starters

Hi Cat

Sorry to hear you were hospitalised, hope you are starting to feel better now. I know it’s a bummer being delayed a week but at least it will give you time to recover
I had my last chemo in the 13th & the hair on my head is starting to come back!! It’s only grey fluff but it’s there, hopefully eyebrows & eyelashes will start sprouting soon

Take care

Jude x

Hi Sue

Well done on your final chemo, it’s a lovely feeling isn’t it! Hope the side effects are minimal, I’ve tiredness to have been the biggest issue thus last cycle.
The holiday in Austria sounds idyllic, the winter walking sounds fabulous
Good luck with the radiotherapy, it sounds like you are all equipped for it - I start mine on the 4th but luckily should be finished on the 24th

Hope everyone else is ok

Jude x

Hi Sue,
Thanks and yes I’m sure it’s best to build up my strength for the final 3 sessions. Won’t be long before I’m ringing the bell too!
Take care, Cat 🤗

Sorry to hear about your hosp stay Cat - not what any of us want. I'm sure you'll bounce back quickly and be ok to go ahead next week. I ended up having a weeks delay at round 4 as my liver was rebelling but the weeks delay allowed things to recover.

Rest up and fingers crossed for next week

Sue

Hi Lovely Ladies,

I haven't posted for a while either.

I'm not long home from a 4 day stay in hospital. Temp spiked, low BP and Nuets etc. Feeling okay now but chemo has been delayed this week (I was due in today). Hey ho, fingers crossed I can get back on track next week.

Sue and Amanda,

Congratulations! You've got to the end of the very long chemo road, it must feel great. Happy celebrations! 

Sue - the winter walking in Austria sounds like fabulous fun.

Tarnia - I have a constant sore and runny nose but haven't suffered so much with runny eyes despite having lost 95% of my lashes. Sounds like it's one more of the many SEs we have to put up with. Thank goodness they are temporary eh!

Good luck to everyone elso who is still going through treatment.

Take care all

Cat Xxx

Hello All

Hope you are all doing ok. I haven't posted for a while as I've just been keeping my head down as I plow through this. However I'm really happy to say that I had my final chemo yesterday and had a huge grin on my face as I rang that bell. It was such a good feeling to know that part of treatment (apart from resulting side effects) is now behind me.

I've got my radiotherapy appt early Dec and after attending an open evening session last week to look around the department and meet staff I'm expecting to start radiotherapy mid Dec which means I'll be going over the Christmas period (boo) but at least traffic will be light (hurrah) my partner will be able to take me to those appointments (double hurrah) and I should be finished with it all early in January (AFA). We've booked a holiday to our favourite part of Austria for early March - a bit later in the year than we usually go but we are hoping the snow will still be there. We do this thing called 'winter walking' - you walk on compacted snowy paths through forests and along side lakes. It's amazing - fresh air, amazing scenery and plenty of mountain huts for hot chocolate, cheesy spätzle and kaiserscharrem stops. I'm not sure I'll be able to do the usual 10 mile days we rack up but I'll do my best.

Interestingly I've been told by a few sources at the hospital that accupuncture can be good at helping with hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms so I'm going to give it a go. I'm also experimenting with the Ladycare magnet - I'm still a bit sceptical about this but it has around 70% postive reviews so I'm giving it ago - fed up of restless nights and waking up soggy and damp.

So good look to those of you still having chemo - hopefully you won't have to endure this for too much longer - the end is insight. And I guess at some point we'll be switching from comparing chemo SE stories and tips for coping to radiotherapy stories - I've been told to get plenty of moisturising cream and to start using it now as well as switching to a deodorant that doesn't have aluminium in it. I'm using E45 lotion all over with a double dose on the affected boob and some soft & gentle deodorant!

Happy Friday everyone 😘🤗😘

Sue xx

Hi Tarnia,

Yes runny eyes for me, as well and a runny nose! As like you worse when I go out. My nose just constantly runs- spoke to Onc about it and he didn’t really come up with anything.....just another SE! 

Good luck

jo

Hi Jude

It’s driving me mad! But eh ho just another annoying side effect🙄 Can’t wait to finish now think iv3 had enough of thi# chemo malarkey now!

Take care.

Tarnia

Hi Tarnia

Yes I’ve had runny eyes after docetaxol - the only thing I’ve found helps is wearing sunglasses when I go outside. The lack of eyelashes also contributes to the problem
Sorry can’t suggest anything else which may help

Take care

Jude x

Hello Ladies
Hope everyone is doing well. I’m just wondering if anyone else has suffered from extremely runny eyes on Docetaxel? I’ve had 2 rounds so far and this time round my eyes are streaming especially when I go outside! Anyone else suffered from this or have any tips?

thanks
Tarnia

Hello Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. I’m just wondering if anyone else has suffered from extremely runny eyes on Docetaxel? I’ve had 2 rounds so far and this time round my eyes are streaming especially when I go outside! Anyone else suffered from this or have any tips?

thanks

Tarnia

So good to hear you’ve finished Chemo Amanda! I can’t wait for 30/11 which will be my last FEC-T woohoo cant wait. I too think it’s gone so fast. For me I have more Surgery on 27/12 as one of my margins was Close so for me radiotherapy won’t start til the new year, but the end is creeping ever closer for us all! Hopefully a happier 2019 lies in store for us all.

Big hugs to everyone
Tarnia x

Hi Amanda

Well done on completing your chemo - it’s a lovely feeling to think that you don’t have to go again! Good luck with the radiotherapy, I hope it’s not too tiring for you with all the travel.
I have to say that to me the chemo has dragged - it’s been the longest few months of my life!

Take care

Jude x

Hello ladies-not written on here for a while but have been keeping up with all your progress you brave ladies and some of you have certainly been through the mill!!!

I rang the bell in chemo unit yesterday after X6 FEC-T. Not been the easiest few months have to say and at the beginning of August that last date seemed way off...... It goes remarkably quickly doesn't it?  Been in a bit of a chemo blur all the way through which could probably be partly to do with it, as well as in built coping mechanisms!

Have 20 radiotherapy appointments starting 12th December (80 mile round trip) but small problem in the grand scheme of things.

wishing you all a speedy recovery- the end of treatment is in sight and we will be glad to see the new year!!

Best wishes

love Amanda X

😂 Thanks Jude! Cat x

*step of the way 😂

Cheers Cat - we are with you every set of the way - big love - jude x

Hi Jo and Jude,
Fantastic that you’ve both reached the end of the chemotherapy road! Well done....it’s a tough road and you’ve done it! 👍
Good luck to everyone else still going through treatment....it will be our trun to celebrate soon 😀
Take care all
Cat x

Hi Jo

Well done, it’s a tough gig this chemo malarkey, after the first cycle it’s hard to think how you are going to get through it! I hope you rung the 🔔. Good news on your radiotherapy dates, I know it’s creeping over Christmas but you’ll be fine

i had my last T today, just got the pesky side effects to get through! We don’t have a 🔔 on our chemo ward so the nurses ring a bell on their iPhone! Bless them, lots of hugs & well wishes all round.

Hope all you other ladies are doing ok

jude x

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your good wishes with my last Chemo treatment- all now completed YEAH...I can’t believe i have got through it all. I remember my first FEC treatment and spending the first night being sick every couple of hours and saying that I couldn’t get through it all....but here I am! 

I have aplanning meeting for radiotherapy therapy on Tuesday 20th and then I start treatment on the 3rd Dec. I have been told that I will have 4weeks worth. 3 weeks plus an extra week to give me an extra zap! I also have a bone strengthening infusion planed for the 4th Dec. Unfortunately the radio will be going on over Christmas but luckily they don’t have appointments on Christmas or Boxing Day, so that is a nice relief!

Hope everyone gets on ok with the rest of your treatment

Jo xx