Re: August 2018 Chemo starters

Hi Tarnia, I'm from the Oct '17 thread and finished chemo the middle of March'18. When I saw my onc at the end of July she said it would be ok to dye my hair in Sept, so that was 6mths after the end of chemo. Don't know if you could dye it earlier if it was chemical free. Might be worth asking on some other threads if anyone knows x

Hi Jo

Good to hear you’ve almost finished radiotherapy without any major Se’s!

I had more surgery last week, but doing well no problems so far. Got an appointment next week to discuss my radiotherapy! Can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

My eyes have finally stopped running (5 weeks post chemo) and my taste buds are slowly returning to normal.

Hair isn’t looking too bad either although very grey 😏! Wondering how long I should leave it before dying it! I didn’t lose it all as cold capped just went very thin so had it cut really short.

Hope everyone else is doing well too. Take care all.

Tarnia 

Hi,

Happy New Year to you all. I hope everyone is doing ok and enjoyed the festivities.

I’ve finished my 3week radio sessions and just have the booster week to get through-how is everyone else getting on.

So far my SEs have been pretty good, just a bit of tenderness but nothing really to complain about.

jo x

Hi Lovely Ladies,
Happy New Year! 🍾🍾🍾
Here’s to a healthy 2019 for all of us.

Hi Jude, great news that you’ve finished your radiotherapy now too...another reason to celebrate 🍾

Take care, Cat 😘

Happy New Year lovely ladies. Hope you are all enjoying a good evening with family/friends and that we can all look forward to a happy and healthy 2019.

Lots of love,

Sue xx 🥂🍾🎉🍹😘🤗😘

Happy New Year to everyone, hope you are all doing ok
Jude x

Hi Cat - chill out & enjoy the break from treatment

I’ve got my last radiotherapy session on Christmas Eve - yippee!
In the last few days the area has gone pink & I've got a bit of a rash similar to prickly heat rash - but they have said my skin is looking good (even with above) & have given me some cooling dressings & suggested taking an antihistamine to help

Hope you can all enjoy Christmas without too may side effects & here’s to a healthier 2019

Jude x

Happy Christmas Eve eve everyone!!

Hope you are all feeling fit and well and looking forward to the festive season.

Have a lovely time all and enjoy.

Hugs and 😘😘😘

Sue xx

Hi Lovely Ladies,
I hope you are all keeping well.
Wishing you all a restful and relaxing Christmas with friends and family. 🎄

Hi Jude,
Thank you. I’m feeling fine, just a bit tired. Looking forward to a few weeks with no treatment, thectiming couldn’t be better! 👍

Take care all 😘

Hi Cat

Well done on finishing your chemo - what a brill feeling! Hope you’re not struggling with any side effects!

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing ok

Jude x

Hi Sue,

Thanks, yes such a great feeling.
Sounds like we are all going to find radiotherapy much easier than the chemo 🤞🤞🤞
Good luck with the next sessions and keep us updated how you go.

Take care, Cat 😘

That's great news Cat - it's a great feeling isn't it.

Hopefully the side effects from your last chemo will be long gone before Xmas arrives. I'm only two sessions in but radiotherapy seems a breeze compared to chemo - fingers crossed this continues.

Sue x

Hi Lovely Ladies!

I eventually got there....I had my last chemo session today! Hooray! 🎉 🛎👍🍾 Feels a bit surreal. Looking forward to a break from treatment over Xmas and NY and will be raring to go with radiotherapy in Jan.
Enjoy the weekend everyone and stay warm!
Cat 😘

Hi Sue,
Good to hear your first radiotherapy session was quick and painless, I hope they’re all like that! 👍
And thanks for your top tips. I’ve thought about acupuncture too so very interested to hear how you get on.
Take care all.
Cat 😘

IMG_20181213_193712729.jpg

Just a tip to share with those going through or about to start radiotherapy.

I've been advised to avoid anything with Sodium Laureth Sulfate (according to Google this is something that makes things foamy!!). Scrutinising various shower gels in Tesco most of them had this (including the Sanex Zero Kids one that I'd just bought 3 bottles of Grrrrrr) - however I did come across one by Dove that doesn't have this in - it even states on the front of the bottle 0% sulfates, parabens and phthalates. I've taken a photo of the bottle and I'll hopefully figure out how to upload it to this page.

Sue x

Hello All

Hope everyone is doing ok?

I've had my first radiotherapy session today. It was a much quicker experience than either an appointment to see the oncologist or have chemo - it looks as though the hospital are on top of the sessions and so waiting times are fairly minimal. The treatment was quick - it took me far longer to find a parking space than it did to have the treatment! Didn't feel anything - just a bit noisy. I took some of the E45 cream with me and slapped some on before getting dressed again - my boob is now getting moisturised 3 times a day in the hopes of keeping it from getting too sore.

In other news I've signed up for 4 sessions of Acupuncture to start in January - I've been told it will help with the hot flushes and it's supposed to be a fairly permanent solution!!! I'll keep you posted on the success of it.

Stay well everyone - there's a lot of nasty bugs out there

Best wishes all,

Sue xx

Hi Ladies,
Sounds like I’ve been lucky, I haven’t suffered with runny eyes, just a very runny nose! 😂
Jude, good to hear about your hair growth, I was wondering how quickly I should start to see some movement after I finish chemo. Can’t wait! 😀
Good luck with your treatments ladies.
Take care 😘

Hi Jude

So glad your eyes have improved. Fingers crossed mine will be better by Christmas! Good news about your hair, eyebrows and lashes too! Can’t wait for everything to start growing again....just need to be patient!

Take care.

Tarnia x

Hi Jo
Like you say you just have to trust the experts, presumably the risk of not treating the nodes is very small compared to the risk of heart damage. Good luck tomorrow
Tarnia - it’s 4 weeks since my last chemo & my eyes are so much better now. I have had a stye in this time period but I think that is more to do with the fact that I’ve no eyelashes to protect my eyes!

In hair news, I’ve been using the Nioxin products for nearly a week now & my hair is defo growing quite quickly - not sure if it’s the products or not 😂. I’m also seeing a little bit of growth on my eyebrows & top eyelashes as well.

Take care all

Jude x