61172members
322551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Re: w, Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Hi stuckat14

No I’ve not had any suggestions how to deal with things but will start making a note of everything like I did with chemo and discuss it at the appointment I have 2 days before each cycle. It’s so hard to know if things are related to the drugs or anything else. Don’t get me wrong it’s nowhere near the same scale as chemo se’s. I’ve just got to get used to a different norm I suppose.

I understand why you are keen to feel better after your last chemo, hopefully you will get there in the next week or so 💕

Anecdotes are wonderful aren’t they 😉

I like what you say about others bringing us up, good advice. I am lucky, I do have some good friends, in fact I spoke to one of my friends I was with on Friday and she said I lifted her rather than brought her down so that was nice to hear.

Good on you with your meltdown moment and taking off your makeup etc. Guess it’s something you could control and let’s face it there’s not much we can control right now 🤗💕

Snap Dikat 

I know exactly what you mean.   some of my friends deserted me when I told them.  I got totally paranoid and like yourself people passed me by.  In fact one of my regular friends keeps saying about our boss (who made us redundant and had this B of a disease) Karma what goes around comes around.  I always feel as though she is saying I deserved BC. 

I find some of those friends are "coming back" now as though it was "safe".

I had a very strange yesterday too so Dikat as we are both on similar pathways maybe it was telepathy. 

I  really thought my mind was going yesterday - I could not focus on the simplest of things yesterday.  

I have decided going forward to focus only on those positive people who took the time to check in with me.  I hope that I will be able to keep in contact with some of the lovely doctors who looked after me so well.  

I am offline as I am munching my way through a packet of choclate chip cookies!!!!

Keep smiling 

Snap Dikat 

I know exactly what you mean.   some of my friends deserted me when I told them.  I got totally paranoid and like yourself people passed me by.  In fact one of my regular friends keeps saying about our boss (who made us redundant and had this B of a disease) Karma what goes around comes around.  I always feel as though she is saying I deserved BC. 

I find some of those friends are "coming back" now as though it was "safe".

I had a very strange yesterday too so Dikat as we are both on similar pathways maybe it was telepathy. 

I  really thought my mind was going yesterday - I could not focus on the simplest of things yesterday.  

I have decided going forward to focus only on those positive people who took the time to check in with me.  I hope that I will be able to keep in contact with some of the lovely doctors who looked after me so well.  

Sorry you're not feeling great dikat- do they suggest any way to combat side effects?  I've not started any hormone therapy yet  but am really struggling with whole body aches- keep telling myself it's barely 3 weeks since my last docetaxol (t) but im so impatient to start feeling a bit better.

I've had a funny weekend after one of my good friends took me to radiotherapy on Friday- she was lovely but did give me an anecdote about her nan and warned me to watch out for back ache. I really feel the lack of understanding from my friends, but luckily I have people to talk to who do understand. 

Yes! The bringing people down thing is horrible, maybe one way to deal with it is to try our best to let others bring us up- I try to but it is hard. 

Today I had a meltdown where I wiped all my makeup off and stormed to the shop in my beany and specs looking every bit the bloated cancer patient- I was daring anyone to look at me sympathetically and felt ready to smile and tell they I'm fine- sounds ds strange but it was how I felt . 

Phew. Always feel better once I've popped on here. 😍

MaryKamille, absolutelyannie, LB and G I have 4 toe nails that are discoloured, strange brown/black patches. I thought it was bruising at first but think it’s discolouration. They don’t appear to be loose at the moment so I’m keeping everything crossed. My finger nails look pretty good and are growing like mad so hopefully got away with it there!

I’ve been feeling a bit odd the last couple of days, had a headache(not severe) just dull with a tingly feeling and some dizziness. I had my targeted IV Herceptin/Pertuzumab on Wednesday so just looked up side effects on bnf.nice.org.uk oh my goodness I wish I hadn’t bothered. The very common/common section seems endless. I know I need these drugs so shouldn’t complain but not looking forward to another 10 months of potentially feeling 💩. I know you hormone positive girls have a lot to contend with too. We are strong 💪 💪 💪 well most of the time anyway.

Do any of you ever feel like you bring other people down. I met up with a group of friends on Friday evening and ended up reflecting a lot yesterday. I’m beginning to get paranoid and wonder if they dread me being there! Obviously the C conversation pops up at some point and even though I try to be positive (even though I’m not always feeling it) I do wonder if I have a negative impact. I’ve had a bit of a weird weekend generally, tried to keep myself busy but have had to fight the negative thought demons a little too often. I’ve seen 3 or 4 people I know who have basically walked past me at varying points over the weekend. I know I don’t look like me but it is a weird feeling, like I’ve lost my identity. My neighbours Mum saw me in the front garden yesterday and asked me how I was doing. I had positive head on but it ended up being one of those conversations where she told me her friend had bc 10 years ago and is still here, great 👍 however it never leaves you because she panics over every ache and pain, not so great 👎. I know she meant well but..... the funny thing is, her daughter, my next door but one neighbour has never said a thing to me, wasn’t even sure she knew I had bc even though we’ve chatted on many occasions with me modelling my Sigourney Weaver. I find that odd too. I don’t want people to dwell on it but if they don’t mention it at all it is like the big elephant in the room. Thanks for the offload ladies, don’t know what I’d do without you 😊 Much love ❤️Xxx

G

My hand and toe nails are really discoloured and sore.  I have painted mine throughout and looked after them but really not sure where they will end up over coming weeks. It is the T that is meant to put them most at risk and definitely has had main impact for me.  I hope that you are able to keep them and at very least not get any infections / this is what I hope, happy to keep painting over the ugliness but don’t want any other complications.  I would put a plaster on if lifting and some savalon and change regularly to try and minimise complication I think??

LB2. You made me laugh about struggling off the table. I have the same problem and my replaced hips are playing up. It’s definitely like getting out of a deckchair lol 

MaryKamille

Yes I’m getting a bit sore under my arm and my neighbour thought I’d caught the sun today. I haven’t really been out in it today. When I looked it’s where they are zapping the supra clavicular node area. I’ve had a bit of a cough too. This cancer does keep on giving 🙄🙄🙄

LB

Hi sunnydaze I am looking forward to hearing all about your meet up but sadly I’m not good at travelling - I get too anxious- so I won’t be able to join you all 😟 I do think it’s a lovely idea though and I feel very close to you all as we have all been so supportive of each other 🤗🤗🤗🤗

LB

Hi I’m struggling with nails too 😟 several finger and toe nails weeping and sore 🥴 I have been very careful to keep them painted dark but when I started on T they went sore. I’m on weekly paclitaxel now and only have 3 more to go but I’m worried how much worse they’re going to be 🥴 

hugs to all 🤗 xx

Try not to worry, Stuck at 14, it may well just reduce its swelling over time. They won't abandon us when we finish our treatments - I've already checked that out as I am a worrier!

Great tips on wig washing Kc72. Many thanks for that!

Hi absolutelyannie

Hope it comes off soon as you don't want to catch it in something - that might hurt!

I have one big toenail which went from a funny bruised colour to total opaque white. It doesn't seem loose just a bit weird and lumpy. Because it's sandals and bare toes time I have painted it with the others and it looks better, but I fear the worst!

Hi Drummerswidow

Good to hear that I am not alone but obviously not good for you. At least this is a relatively short course and will be over before we know it. Because of Bank Holidays it worked out that I only do one full 5-day week out of the 3 weeks (15 sessions) which seems a bonus. Are you getting any soreness?

Big toe nail hanging off.  It is some 7 weeks after T chemo.  wish it would make its mind up!! 

LB2

Wow so many posts. Lost the plot a bit on dates - October good for me although I have jury service but they don't sit on weekend do they? I got the letter during chemo and deferred so can't change it again. I also thought a Premier Inn would be good and found that same one in Manchester. Once we get to details should we set up a what's app group and pm our mobile numbers to one person who is the administrator?

Re radiotherapy, hardest bit for me is getting up at the end, I have a bit of weight around my tummy so no stomach muscles to speak off. And with the support under your knees it is like getting up out of a deck chair. They usually give you a bit of a push to help. Treatment 14 of 20 today and skin just starting to get a bit red and feels warm. Tomorrow will be last one on whole breast so last time with holding my breathe. Then 5 boost sessions. Almost there!

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

If anyone is Derbyshire you can get 4 free therapy sessions through Macmillan for spirit and soul equine assisted therapy (look up website for more info) it was last bit in jigsaw puzzle of putting me back together because it was outside with horses. There might be one opening in Yorkshire soon too you’d have to contact the lady who owns it, then speak to your local Macmillan ❤️❤️If you wanted to look at alternative therapy to help you ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️❤️everyone, just a quick reminder the threads are open to the whole world, you might want to arrange meet up over pm’s rather than on here for safety ❤️❤️😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Me again! I’d love to meet up. I’m in West Sussex about 30 mins from Gatwick so can travel London or anywhere really. Would need to be a weekend date for me ideally October onwards. 

KC72 x

Hello ladies.

Just popping in to say hello. What a lot of posts. Am now back at work 4 days a week building my hours up and hope to be back full time in July. Hence delay in responding! 

Annie glad you had good results but sorry you are feeling low. But a good cry always worthwhile in my book just to let it out. Hope you’re feeling better. 

Great news for those who are now at end of chemo and those soldiering on with rads. Hope you’re doing ok. 

Re wig washing - I just use Johnson’s baby shampoo and then fabric conditioner for the fibre wigs I use. I wear my wig all time except in bed so wash it every 10days/fortnight. I fill a basin up with cold water (never use warm or hot water), squirt baby shampoo, then swirl wig around to agitate it and get dirt out. Then fill another basin up with cold water to rinse it. Then final cold basin add in capful fabric conditioner (nothing heavily scented). I use comfort pure as you want softness  but not strong laundry smell. Leave wig in to soak for as long as you feel (5-30mins), squeeze wig to get rid of excess water, pat dry with a towel then hang up to dry overnight with a towel on floor to catch the drips. Hope that helps. I then use soften and sheen wig spray before brushing each day which helps keep fibres soft and not get frizzy. Always leave a fibre wig to dry naturally and only brush when dry. 

Happy washing!

KC72 x

Hi Stuck at 14

Yes I have. I had 26 nodes removed and 17 affected. They got me an appointment with the Lymphoedema nurse. When I saw her last she ordered me a sleeve which I have to pick up. I have noticed that the top of my arm seems to have swollen since been having radiotherapy. Today my watch is tighter on my wrist but is this the weather?🤔🤔. 

The last sleeve I had was too tight round the top of my arm and I had pins and needles in my hand and it started to swell up. 

Also - has anyone had any lymphodaema issues? I have a swollen finger on my affected arm- onc said they will refer me after rads finishes- another thing that is bringing me down :-(

Hi, we're planning a holiday in October half term, not booked yet but like G I think I should stay a maybe and will hopefully be able to make it- I would really like to. I saw a consultant oncologist yesterday at my radiotherapy app and spoke about my cough- she wasnt worried and put my mind at rest a little- she prescribed anti histamine and reminded me I am asthmatic and should be taking g inhalers! I think I am going to go for it with nails- although I am nervous about the UV light on my skin:-/ 

Feeling sorry for myself again today though because I'm just so exhausted! I went to a gig and had such a good dance on Wednesday night but I am paying for it now. Xxx

So pleased you have found Maggies absolutelyannie. Even if you don’t want to commit to any of the groups just yet, popping for a coffee with people who understand what you have been through can be a real boost. 

With it being a few months before we meet, you may find you have regained some confidence. It would be lovely to see you but no pressure, it’s however you feel at the time. At least we can all continue to support each other here. Sending hugs 🤗💕

sunnydaze

Would love to meet up but looks like I will be job hunting not great at travelling = I dont know but even getting the bus now makes me anxious.  possible because it is still a short time since I had surgery.  I am petrified of people bumping into me on my bad side.  

Just wanted everyone to know that I have found Maggies.  Wish I had found it about 6 months ago as it is right what I was after.  You can pop in and have a coffee - no pressure.  loads of different activities if you are up to them but I dont know one thing about all this is that it has kinda made me unreliable.  I am just taking one day at a time.  Drummerswidow there are psychologists available there for one to ones if you wanted.  

I really needed to speak to my Macmillan counselor after my teary meltdown after my post op review but he seems to have forgotten about me after his holiday.  That is why all your lovely people here on this forum have kept me going.  I honestly thought that this forum would not work for me but so glad I have given it a go. 

I have found keeping a "diary" quite useful plus I got to write everything down that I need to do because of this "chemo fog".

Hope everyone can enjoy the sunshine this week end. 

Ha ha, I’m with you on the night sweats G and have started getting loads of hot flushes in the day now too. Talk about throw everything at us🤪 Hope you can make our little soirée. Would be lovely to meet as many people as possible 💕🤗

Ooh a week in Spain sounds fab, you will be ready for it by then 😊

Ha ha, the joys of trying to organise something that suits everyone!! 

Is 28th September no good or maybe 9th November?

💕💕💕

G

And we thought cancer treatment logistics were bad 🤣🤣🤣

I will keep out of dates and happy nearer the time to see if I can slot in nicely (I am hoping for recon around this time but who knows!! I can do either location and I will be happy to pay and stay over and in a room on my own so I am complicating anything at all....also if my night sweats carry on like this ladies u will be bloody relieved you don’t have to share 😱😱xxx

Hi Dikat, ahh an 18th Birthday that’s sweet. ❤️ Unfortunately I can’t do the week after, I’m going to Spain for a week. Ha ha, this is where the fun starts hey, trying to sort out a date. We’ll hopefully get one this side of Christmas 🎄It might well be Christmas shopping in Manchester.

We’ll  see what everyone else can do.

Thanks for the quick reply Dikat.

SDxx

Thanks for looking into this Sunnydaze, really appreciate your efforts. All of your ideas sound great, only problem is I can’t do 5th October as it’s my daughters 18th on the 3rd so will be full on celebrations that weekend. Sorry to be a pain, would the week after be any good? 💕🤗

E39151AD-5213-4952-92D4-09D46F0BE097.pngOh the photo won’t fully upload, but you get the idea. It’s £75 or £99 for a twin room on 5th Oct anyway. SD xx

Good morning ladies,

I am currently away at my parents house, so I’m just catching up on posts now.

First of all thanks for all of the wig shampoo posts. Much appreciated.

I will get myself on to Amazon and order one of the suggested shampoos.

Secondly, good luck  to all of the rad ladies. I start mine on the 7th June.

Thirdly, nails. Mine are now a disaster. I have lost one thumb nail, but it’s my own fault because I bite my nails and now they are so short. They did have white ridges along with  brownish tinges too, although clear nail varnish has helped to keep them a bit stronger, they definitely deteriorated around week 5 post chemo, along with a late eyebrow loss too. Harrumph. My hair steadily grows, although it still resembles a pin cushion.

I hate it all, but what can we do???🤣

Great so many people are up for a meet up 👍👍👍

I think so far the definites are;

Sunnydaze

Dikat 

LB2

Jayne

Kitkat

Gocat

and the possibles are;

Stuck at 14

G

Drummerswidow

I hope I haven’t missed anyone out and of course there is still time if anyone else would like to join us. 😍

Dates, always a trick one...I know everyone will be busy. The first date I could definitely  do would be Saturday 5th October. September is a bit tricky, but possible. How about the 5th to start the ball rolling? 

I was conscious of keeping the cost down for those that wanted to stay over and it seems like Premier Inns are the best bet.They are all central too, so not a lot of walking from the station. We could meet you off the train Drummerswidow and catch a tram or a taxi, if need be. I know a lot of the Premiers are close to either Piccadilly or Victoria station. I’m not a local, but know Manchester a little bit. Many of you may know it much better than me.

The cheapest Premier I could find was The Printworks ( close to Victoria station) very central, refurbished rooms and £75 a night for a twin room, so £37.50 each. Or if we wanted to flex it , fully refundable and pay later £99 for a twin , so £50 each. We would obviously have to pay for breakfast which is £9.50 I think.

Anyway, here is some food for thought....

I guess in the evening we could go out to one of the famous Manchester Chinese restaurants, or anywhere else that anyone knows about or has a good suggestion.

Let me know your thoughts ladies and we can sort it out. I think cheap rail tickets are released 12 weeks in advance.

Oh Absolutely Annie,  KC72 , LB , Shi, Kip, we wondered if you were interested too? Everyone is welcome and I would hate to leave anyone out. If I have not mentioned you, please forgive me, it’s a lot to remember. 🙄

I know it’s more expensive to travel from down south and if you’re not working it’s tricky too, but we will see what we can sort out. I guess when we start organising properly, we will have to go to private messages or WhatsApp. 

Have a lovely day. Oh here’s a screen shot of The Printworks Premier Inn for 5th October, just to start the ball rolling......

Sunnydaze xxx😘

Oh goody, something else to look forward to then!😳

Hi Kitkat

You’re not completely flat and they do put something under your knees but it’s still not good for your back. You have to lay with your arms above your head in some kind of rests. They pull and push you about to get you in the right position too 😟😟

Stuck at 14.

My nails haven’t discoloured but they were splitting etc. I’ve had my nails done with shellac. It’s ‘glued’ them together and they appear better. Don’t have them use a drill to file your nails though. I have mine done at the beautician and took my own nail files etc when on chemo. Choose a dark colour and enjoy xxxxx

Ooo- can anyone help me with nail advice? Mine are all going brown from the top which is really horrible to see- I've the opportunity to have my nails gelled tomorrow...can I? Should I? I dobt want to damage them anymore but the thought of not dealing with how ugly they are and redoing the chipped ones constantly is very tempting...

Hi all, for those having rads, do you have to lie flat on your back? If so do they offer to put something behind your knees? It was offered to me at my 1st ct scan and surprisingly made things a lot more comfortable. I’d love to be part of a meet-up and am in Staffordshire so Manchester would be ok...x

MaryKamille 

I’m having a lot of shoulder and back pain too with my Rads. I have now been taking pain killers before rads. 9/15 today.

Jayne 1966

Glad you have been reassured about drains etc. Yes taxi sounds good for a meet up 

Had my PICC line out today and also saw the breast care nurse and all looks really good. Need drains in possibly for another week as lots of drainage is occurring. Feel so much better now. 😊😊😊

Drummers widow, regarding the possible meet up, taxi and then we can center things around a hotel. So long as we know we can easily work round it x

Hi Stuck at 14

I had a few problems at first with Rads but nothing to do with the treatment. Just that position has given me back and shoulder problems. Partly due to the rock hard surface you have to lie down on but also what the Radiologist review nurse said was the fact that it is such 'an unnatural position' and 'you have to hold it like that every day!' She also said it was not uncommon to have those problems which made me feel better as I know I am one of the more ancient ones (and looking a whole lot worse than I did about 7 months ago when you would never have guessed my age). Anyway, I just take painkillers a good hour beforehand and that helps a lot with Rads  (especially as I have now doubled up on the pain relief).

I feel that they are going at a good pace and 15 sessions over 3 weeks is a lot better than 4 1/2 months of Chemo.

I have a lot of concerns about what has been done to my body and am going to put a question to one of the nurses on this Forum regarding that.

Hope you and everyone else has a good weekend. We deserve it!

Hi Sunnydaze

I don't think I could make the meet-up although I am a southerner but I wonder how many of us southern girls there are? I get the impression we have quite a lot of people on the Forum who are located much further north.

I can give you a suggestion for wig shampoo and conditioner though:

Elysee Star Professional Wig Shampoo (made in France but available in UK)

Synovation Spray on Conditioner (Daxbourne International, London)

Both products I got from South West Wigs who had a stall in an indoor market. (I bought a wig, too)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and the weather is looking good!

Lol SA14.  Perhaps I am mistaking coal tar smell for "farm like" aka as very faint manure smell for the jamaican oil.  Not too bothered re the cold cap now.  Small problem compared to what others have had.  

Woods I posted too soon!  Just caught up with all the recent posts- Pastasmissus, congrats on finishing rads - is your cream working on the sore skin? Does anyone else feel a little panicked during treament about what is actually being done to your body? 

MaryKamile I bet it feels good to be over a third of the way through- have you found it has gone quickly? 

I was sad to read about how you've been feeling absolutely annie  but like someone else said it is ok and good to cry - I do it every day! But glad you are feeling a bit better- there will be good and bad days wont there. 

Sunnydaze I wear my wig when I'm out in public- I hate it and recently it has felt so dirty but I completely forgot about washing it so I will do that this weekend! Thanks for the reminder. 

Drummers widow, perhaps if we meet in a city we could share taxis to wherever we meet so that there isn't a lot of walking to do? I feel like my legs have run a marathon every time I walk (but I am averaging 6000 steps now which I am happy with. 

Gocat I'm sorry the cold cap didnt work but it sounds like you have plenty of new growth- we'll all get there wont we- I am soooo fed up of no hair - I just want to not see my scalp! 

Hugs to anyone ive missed xx

Hi everyone, 

Good luck G- and I feel the same about making plans - my stock response to invitations is yes but please be prepared that I might need to stay with kids or just be too tired. I'd love to meet up but with shifts and childcare eyc it might be tricky. I'm Derbyshire so Manchester great, like someone else said if we planned ahead enough I could possibly go further...

I too bought the jamaican castor oil stuff- it is dark and quite smelly - it reminds me of tar soap, it feels good though, and my hair has grown, but I guess it would have anyway? Thank you to the lady who recommended it :-)

I'm on 3rd radiotherapy and the travelling and arranging childcare has been a bit of a nightmare and I do feel very exhausted and emotional. I'm also worried about a cough I've had for weeks now that no one else seems very worried about- I obviously want a ln MRI scan to rule anything sinister out. 

Got some of the jamaican oil from ebay.  Says dark oil on the bottle but it is clear stuff that comes out the bottle.  Also got a slight "farm like" smell.  Hope its not a forgery.  Also got some waterman shampoo and conditioner which I see has been recommended in places.  

I did cold cap but it didnt really work well for me.  I am also hearing impaired and hated wearing the cold cap as couldnt wear my hearing aids at the same time and felt very cut off and struggled to understand what the staff were saying to me.    Wish I hadnt bothered with it now.  Oh well.

So anyway, last week got hubby to shave my head as had bald patches and the rest of the hair just looked so horrible and I looked like a witch with blond hair which was still falling out even after I finished chemo. So he used the 1 inch setting so Im probably at the same level as if I had lost my hair in the beginning and I can see what I thought were still bald patches have very fine white hair which are nearly an inch I think.  Should all match eventually I guess. Just wearing scarves as dont like the wig.  Too hot and itchy.

G

Just a quickie Sunnydaze, I have a long full bodies real hair wig, hardly worn (therefore hardly washed but had had a few 🤣) the people I got mine from told me not to bother with wig shampoo but to use the Aussie shampoo, conditioner 3 minute miracle stuff, can’t remember exactly which type of the range but can check when I get home if want to know but wasn’t sure on your wig type and whether it is therefore suitable. 

As for meeting up, I will see where and when and would love to fit in if I can so go ahead and agree between you definites first (I am Notts so location either end of the country not a biggie for me) just we have a busy few months with girls doing shows and all sorts and things keep popping up for them and I don’t want to say no to anything they want me to go to at moment, want to be fully present rather than the knackered me they have been getting 🥰

Thinking of you Jayne 🤞

xx 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Sunnydaze, just saw your post regarding wig shampoo.  I had a shampoo and a spray on conditioner oil both from the brand called Dimples... they were really good, just fling the old wig in the sink with a splodge of the shampoo and give it a wash through, rinse and leave to dry overnight, smelt nice too.  The spray in conditioner was good for styling when wearing it, gave it some texture too.

Here's a link..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dimples+shampoo&hvadid=80882855717003&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&tag=mh0a...

Hi Sunnydaze. 

Re a meet up I live in Kent. Problem I have is I can’t walk very far. So probably won’t be able to make it x

Thinking of you today G. The very last one. No looking back. You can do this girl. Sending you lots of strength. We are here encouraging you onwards.

Good luck with your appointment today Jayne. It will be alright. You’ve had chemo and surgery. The bas**** tumour has gone. We are survivors.💪💪💪 Hang on to that thought girl and good luck too xx

I hope you’re feeling a bit brighter too today AbsolutelyAnnie xx

Wayhay, that’s great news that  you want to meet up too  Jayne and  thanks for being so positive about it. I really want to meet everyone too. We’ve been through a lot and it will be great to see as many of you as I can 😊

I just wondered if anyone of our southern ladies would be able to make it if we did London instead? It would make it a bit harder for me, but I would be happy to come down if it meant a bigger meet up. If you’re interested it would be great to let us know as soon as possible and we can get organising. I think so far,  the vague plan is the following people are interested:

Sunnydaze

Dikat

LB2

Jayne

And so far we are considering Manchester. It’s certainly a great city, with plenty going on.

On a different note. Can anyone recommend a wig shampoo?

I think I will give my wig a spruce up, even though I’ve hardly used it.

Have a good weekend 

Sunnydaze xx

Best wishes to those finishing chemo and have Consultant appointments today xxx