61172members
322551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Re: w, Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Dikat, that's awesome news. 

Absolutely Annie, Iust have missed your news post but brilliant to hear you had the same. I envy your emotion at the news. I sill have none at all, however I feel very excited as the news comes in for everyone else. 

How far did we get on the meet up plans. I saw something about a WhatsApp group possibly? More excited than ever to meet up with all you amazing and strong ladies and I am humbled to be part of this incredible group xx

Hi absolutelyannie 

It’s lovely to hear that you had such a kind, caring and compassionate breast care team. I’ve been lucky too when I read experiences that others have had. I’m sure it does feel like there is a void in your life right now, especially if you don’t have the support of a partner/family & friends. Have you looked any further into Macmillan support? 

I suppose you have to weigh up the pros and cons with the Zometa and choose what’s right for you. It does feel weird for me going to the chemo suite every 3 weeks but you get used to it. Take care xx

Dikat 

Well done - on the same path as I am.  I got very emotional after my surgeon discharged me.  I made it home but the floodgates opened.  I still am reduced to tears when I remember the kindness shown to me by the surgeon and some of his team.  I look on them as friends for life.  

Every time I think of them though the tears come streaming.  I think because I was on my own they went out of their way with kindness towards me.  

One of the nurses said to me I bet you will be glad to get finished here but I felt they were better than some of my friends and family. 

I am being offered Zometa every 6 months for 3 years but the side effects scare me.  I have problems with my teeth but there are others.  My oncologist gave me a magic 2% number which I assume is the reduction of recurrence rate. I am seriously thinking of saying no to this as I dont ever want to see the chemo room again. 

G

That is just fabulous DiKat, will raise a glass to you 🥂!! G x 

Hi everyone 

Just back from appointment with my breast surgeon re surgery results. So grateful and thankful that everything is positive.

The lump that was taken showed clear margins and that the chemo had resulted in an excellent response. She said that the tissue had a couple of tiny spots in it and some DCIS (apparently chemo isn’t effective on this) but overall almost a complete regression. She had taken 5 lymph nodes, 4 were clear and 1 was scarred meaning there had been cancer but again the chemo had done it’s job. I know you all know I had such a crap time with chemo (particularly FEC) but right now I’m so thankful for the horrible stuff!!!

I don’t need to have RT on my armpit but will still be having it on my breast in approximately 4 weeks, not sure of date as yet. BCS says it’s just belt and braces stuff that goes with a lumpectomy. She was so reassuring and said although she didn’t need to see me for a year now, to get in touch with the unit if I had any concerns. It felt weird because didn’t realise she would be discharging me from her care at this point. On reflection I hope she didn’t think I was being ungrateful as I wasn’t bouncing up and down like I thought I would have been, just felt and still do feel a bit dazed really.

In addition to radiotherapy I will still be having 3 wkly intravenous Herceptin/Pertuzumab for approx next 9 months so haven’t been cut loose from Oncology just yet, thankfully 😅 

Thank you all for your continuing support amazing ladies 💕💕💕🤗🤗🤗

Drummerswidow

Well done - lucky girl

Hi G

You we’re awake early. Hope you’re ok and not suffering with se’s.

Thanks for your kind, wise words. I really appreciate having the support of you lovely ladies ❤️

The weather is awful here, really heavy rain. On a positive note, should have lush green grass 😊

Have a good day all 💕🤗

G

Fantastic news Drummerswidow, you did what you had to do and you did it in style 👏🏻  🥰 

Hey DiKat I have no real words to make anything better here as so much is out of your control and just horrible and so upsetting, big hug.  How you feel about you is a bit more in your remit but not as much as it should as cancer is very much still in pole position here (if how I feel is anything to go by) with the physical changes we have endured, the emotion and hormonal impact we are bound up in going forward.  Some of this will get a bit worse before the curve goes up, some will be starting to improve albeit slowly and bumpily. All I know for sure is the women in this ickle group will get there however you need as much love and support going forward (if not more in some ways) as you did upon initial diagnosis and you need to be kind to you, you and your body have achieved so much so far ❤️

G

LB2

Congratulations Drummerswidow, hope you enjoyed the prosecco, sorry you have had to struggle through all this on your own. Sunnydaze sorry to hear you are struggling on rads, hope it settles down. If it gets bad ask to see the nurse early, I think you usually see her towards the end of treatment. DiKat hope you have a good week, sound like you had a tough weekend, as you say onwards and upwards.

Marlyn, I am also on Anastrozole, just coming up to 4 weeks and so far so good.

Have a good evening, x

Hi maryKamille

Good that you only have 3 rads to go and they are hurrying you through.

I’m sure you will love LGFB and great that you have a holiday booked for July. 

I think another reason I was grumpy this weekend was because I should have been in Bordeaux on a girly weekend for the start of my 50th Birthday celebrations!

I love your philosophy about switching to a positive thought before getting out of bed, gonna give that a try 😊

Yes it is great news about Jayne 😁

Xx

Hi DiKat

Shame about that huge post. I have managed to lose a few - don't know how - but not marked as spam, as far as I know. Maybe you just pressed the wrong key?

Had my 12th Rad today and only 3 more to go. They seem to be hurrying me through now, which certainly helps with the shoulder. I will get physio though to avoid any future problems. I can take paracetamol AND Ibuprofen before the Rad sessions, so the doctor told me, as they approach pain relief in different ways. So I double up.

Everytime there's a problem we all seem to get to a solution somehow, sooner or later. We're all still here on the forum. I have found it so comforting to know that I am not alone in all the peculiar individual responses we sometimes have, that our SEs are not unique, and tips and ideas shared by us all make such a difference. The forum has given me a real sense of solace.  

It is all ups and downs, but I guess that's the nature of the disease. I am going to a Look Good Feel Better workshop just after Rads finish, and we've booked a holiday in July. I think its good to set up 'treats' to mark each time we get through a course of treatment, if you can. It's something to focus on.

When I wake up in the morning I try to switch from my immediate worry - what I have to do today at the hospital (daily Rads) - and ask myself what I'm looking forward to, and I won't get out of bed until I have thought about something good.

Drummerswidow - I don't think I would have made it on my own. I am so lucky to have my husband and I think you are so strong. I really admire you, as many others on here do.

Hope we are all beginning to see through to the end of treatments and get that 'all clear' which Jayne  did and must believe in! Hope you see my separate post, Jayne. xx

Hi Sunnydaze 

Yes I am feeling a bit brighter today thank you. 

In a nutshell was a combination of me being anxious about still not having results. Not liking myself which is down to hormonal changes I think, being angry, tearful etc. Having mother in law crying and begging to come home (she went into a home at Christmas due to deterioration in her vascular dementia). My husband doesn’t have any siblings so all falls on us. Then finding out a family friend was told she has terminal liver cancer on Friday, despite previously being told it was a blocked bile duct. I’m trying to offer support, via text only, but really struggling to deal with it. 

Anyhow, like I say, onwards and upwards.

Im sorry you’re finding the rads difficult and already having problems with your skin. Just shows it can happen in the earlier part of the treatment so hope you get some good advice with managing it. Just one last push Sunnydaze you can get through this. Great news about your delayed return to work. It will give you chance to recover and have some time finding your new normal. Sending love and hugs 💕💕💕🤗🤗🤗

Hello marykamille,

hope you don't mind me popping in from the Feb thread....I was just relieved to read your doing ok ( so far) on anastrozole.....I'm halfway through rads and will be starting these when I'm done....all I seem to read are the side effects....and I'm getting quite depressed about the idea of starting them but your post has cheered me up! Fingers crossed I'll be the same...xxx

Hi Jayne

It's all shock which is holding you back, I'm sure. The emotional bit will come and it will be a huge sense of relief that endures.

Agree that the shrinkage by 50% of tumour is no indicator of how Chemo has zapped any other cells that needed mopping up. It's very common for tumours to shrink or even not seem to reduce at all. The Chemo is to block possibility of secondary, and your oestrogen blocker helps seal it all for the future. I am on Anastrozole which I started with the beginning of Rads and I am nearing the end of that treatment now without any SEs (fingers crossed still) from the oestrogen blocking pills. So should be no worries there either!

You've been through so much and come out the other side. Now's the time to relax, look around at your family and husband and the world outside and simply enjoy the moment! Lots of good wishes to you xx

Wow, great news that you’ve finished Rads, Drummerswidow. You’ve  smashed it. I am so pleased for you, it must feel a bit of a relief.

You enjoy your Prosecco girl, well deserved. Those little bottles are perfect for a wee celebration 🍾 . I’m sorry your special person isn’t here to celebrate with you, but I bet they’ve been watching over you. 

I agree with Dikat, you have been amazing Drummerswidow, supporting us all, whilst dealing with your own battles. 

I hope the meeting with the surgeon goes well 😘

Dikat, I’m sorry to hear that your weekend hasn’t been so good. I hope you’re feeling a bit brighter today. It is all so difficult at times isn’t it. That heavy feeling of sadness is hard to shift at times.

Im actually finding rads rather  difficult. More emotionally than physically,  although my skin has become quite sensitive and im only 3 down. I think I was in denial about it all...

I think I enjoyed my recovery time  after chemo and here I am plunged right back into the thick of it again, it just pulls you down again and feels never ending. My poor body has been through so much, it’s hard trying to rebuild my life. It feels like one step forwards and one step back at the moment, but I guess time is the best healer. At least I’ve been able to delay my return to work until mid October now.😊 That’s one less source of stress.

Sunntdazexx

Hi Drummerswidow 

Yes, it took me ages to type. Wonder what I said that wasn’t allowed! Never mind, new week, onwards and upwards. 

It made me tearful reading your post. So pleased for you that you have finished your radiotherapy but can’t imagine how it must feel for you to not have that one special person to celebrate with. That’s why I think you are so strong and amazing. You’ve soldiered on, on your own and have been selfless in supporting us too. You enjoy that Prosecco 🥂cheers. Hope all goes well with the breast surgeon too xx

Drummers widow, awesome that you have finished rads. Enjoy your prosecco hun. Hope you get good news from the surgeon too. Xx

Hi Dikat.

after all that typing and your post disappears! What a bummer! 

Sounds like you’ve had a bad weekend which I’m sorry to hear. I hope you feel better this week. Mind you weather wise it feels like winter here. 

I finished my Radiotherapy this morning and rang the bell 🔔. Woke everyone up in the waiting room! The staff asked me how I was going to celebrate. Made me feel sad cos the one person I want to celebrate with isn’t here. 😟😟 Never mind I have a small bottle of Prosecco in the fridge. First alcoholic drink since Xmas day! 

Off to the other hospital now to see the Breast surgeon! 

Just done a huge post that has been removed and marked as spam. Maybe it’s a good thing you don’t have to listen to all of my woes from the weekend so will just say

LB2 congrats on finishing rads and what a 🌟 your hubby is.

Marykamille, sorry to hear about your shoulder and hope your physio sorts you out.

To all of you who are having rads, thanks for all of your posts. It’s really useful to read your experiences and will help when I start mine in the future.

Love to all 💕💕💕

Morning everyone 

Sorry I’ve been quiet over the weekend, been a bit of a strange one! 

Firstly, just wanted to say well done LB2, so pleased your rads are over and what a 🌟 your hubby is 💕

It’s fantastic news about Jayne too isn’t it, I have congratulated her on fb messenger.

Hopefully I won’t bring you all down but I really don’t like the me that has surfaced this weekend. I know I am anxious about my delayed surgery results as feel totally in limbo not knowing if I need further surgery  or when radiotherapy is going to start but to top it I think my changing hormones are really affecting me. I’ve struggled all my life with them really and having endometriosis made things worse. I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago but kept my ovaries. I’m just on such a short fuse and feel angry which isn’t me! My hubby has taken the brunt of it with my phone and specs being thrown at him this weekend. He says he can’t do anything right. Definitely got leaky eyes syndrome too, just emotional at everything happy or sad. I’m not sleeping well at the minute either freezing or in a pool of sweat and having quite a lot of hot 🥵 flushes in the day which results in me looking like a beetroot! I’ve been told to try the lady magnet (I’d never heard of it) that you attach to your knickers, anyone else tried it?

This weekend would also have been the start of my 50th celebrations, which is next month, so I should have been returning from a girly weekend in Bordeaux today. I know I can do it at a later date but I’m still p****d off at cancer! I did manage to have a nice couple of hours at my Sons football presentation, which was Saturday teatime, but snapped my hubby’s head off when he said did we want to carry on out afterwards. No I bl**dy didn’t, just wanted to get home and get my dressing gown on. I feel such a bore beyond my years! Bless him, he can’t say anything. 

To top things off, my daughter came in from work Sunday and told me her best friends Gran, who is a family friend, has inoperable liver cancer despite being told a couple of weeks ago that it was a blocked bile duct! She is one of the most clean living people I know. I doubt that an item of processed food has ever past her lips never mind smoking or drinking. I have messaged her daughter this morning and they are currently trying to get an appointment with a top consultant at the Royal Marsden to see if anything is possible 😢

Its so difficult and sounds selfish, I want to support but really feel like I can’t cope with being involved right now. She has messaged and said to concentrate on myself but that makes me feel a rubbish person.

I visited my mother in law yesterday, first time since my wig removal. She went into full time care in December, vascular dementia. Wasn’t sure how she was going to react but she said I like your hair when she saw me. She spent the rest of the visit crying and begging us to take her home, it was awful. Trouble is she’s too bad to be at home but not bad enough to forget everything. I told her I was picking her up on Thursday for a hospital appointment and she said ok and then you will be taking me back to my house, right? Wrong, so that’s going to be fun. Luckily my sister is coming with me for moral support as hubby can’t get time of work.

Sorry for being such a barrel of laughs but it has helped just typing all of this. I know you lovely supportive ladies understand. We all have our rubbish to deal with because it doesn’t stop just because bc has jumped the queue.

So, it’s a new week, results on Wednesday and I’m going to do my best to keep calm, positive and stay busy (distraction is key)

Love to you all 💕💕💕

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope you all had a good weekend.

Great news to hear that you’ve finished your rads LB2. It’s been a long journey..... i hope  you enjoyed your pub lunch. I hope you can move forward slowly, but surely rebuilding your life. 👍😊😍

Jayne, I’m sorry that you have been through hell and back with your post surgery issues, but hopefully you are through with the worst of it and it sounds like you’ve had some really good news - NO RADS and CANCER FREE. Wow, that’s great to hear and I’m sure that chemo would have mopped up any stray cells, I’m sure they are easier to kill than a tumour. I’m so happy for you and I hope you too can start rebuilding your life. It’s been soooo tough, now you can start enjoying the summer a bit more.

Well Done ladies, really positive news. 😘😘😘😘

Sunnydazexxx

LB 2.  Congratulations on finishing. What a lovely husband you have. Enjoy your pub lunch xx

G

LB that is wonderful news 🥰

Jayne big smiles for you too!! 😊

G x 

Jayne 1966

well done and I am delighted to hear you have ALL CLEAR.  I must admit that I know what you mean about feeling flat.  I have been very emotional and weepy since my post op review.  I felt so sad at leaving all those kind people especially one of the operating team (who I would love to keep in contact with but I don't think the NHS allows that)

I have got my appointment for radiotherapy planning on 19th June at a different hospital.  Not really looking forward to it and the Letrozole will be prescribed this week. 

Hope all you ladies are doing well.  No sunshine to enjoy but hopefully the sun is waiting for us all to finish.

LB 2.  Congratulations on finishing. What a lovely husband you have. Enjoy your pub lunch xx

Jayne 1966.

just read the rest of your post. So glad that you are clear and no need for rads. What good news! I don’t blame you for feeling a bit flat. It’s such a rollercoaster this journey and there’s a naughty Pixie called doubt and another called fear in our minds. I think we will learn to control them and put them in a cage but at the moment it’s all so new and raw.

Enjoy the news! Yes we can never be certain but you have good news so go celebrate! I have decided we all have to be more DOG! Not that I’m being very successful lol xx

Jayne 1966.  You poor soul! I had loads drained after having drains in for 14 days. That feeling of the fluid build up is awful. You feel as if you’re going to go pop! Makes it all worse when you are stressed and Uber tired.  Hope this next week is better. Sending a hug xxxx

LB

Jayne what great news ALL CLEAR brilliant 🤗🤗

LB X

LB

LB2 great news that you’ve finished - and how thoughtful of your hubby to do that 🤗 enjoy your pub lunch and many big hugs 🤗 

LB x

LB2

And I am done...Just home from last rads. Hubby had bunch of flowers, wine, card and bell to ring when I got home. What a star. Now pub lunch to celebrate. Have to say bladder was in eyes when I got out, a bit emotional.

Jayne, that is great news re your all clear. Don't fret about secondaries, I am sure the chemo will have blasted any rogue cells floating elsewhere as they would be much easier to get at. Celebrate and enjoy your news!

Aargh... Pressed post by accident. 

Hypersensitive skin at top of arm which makes me feel like it's rubbing on my boob and is really sore when it's not at all. Really weird. I thinks last week is the worst I've felt through the whole journey, but hopefully coming out the other side now. 

So my results.... I'm ALL CLEAR. OMG. Lymph nodes clear both sides and all cancer removed successfully from both breasts. No rads needed for which I am truly grateful. I don't think I could do any more treatment now. He said that although nothing can be 100% I am now cancer free. Cancer free... Those words. 

The flesh taken from my boobs still had cancer tumpurs in there,  shrunk about 50% by the chemo. My partner cried with relief and we went out to celebrate, but my mind keeps going to the fact that if the chemo only shrank the tumours 50% then that's the effect it will have had on any other possible cancer cells that are travelling round my body. So in my head secondary  is now very real. I know I shouldn't think like this but it's in the back of my head all the time. Still I'm on herceptin for another year and will have the oestrogen blocker when that is prescribed this week when I see the onc. I wish I knew how to feel and the news is so good but I feel no relief at all. No tears (bladder In my feet at the moment) no emotion. I just feel flat. I think I need a good slap tbh. xxx

All amazing ladies, 

I'm so sorry I've been absent for the past week but I've been to hell and  back, or so it feels. In brief, drains out last Monday which felt great but by no day night I was in tears of pain due to fluid build up on RHS. Tuesday in chemo unit for herceptin injection. I just cried. I was so tired and in so much pain. BC nurse came to see me and organised me an ultrasound. They put me in a side room with a bed to sleep whilst I waited 2 hours for that appt. What absolute sweeties! Had 100ml drained from right boob during ultrasound and felt somewhat better in the afternoon. Back in on weds and had 185ml drained. It felt never ending. Thursday back in but nothing to drain and really I should have posted on here then as I felt OK. Then Friday I had my results (wait for it) and had 215ml drained. Now I'm waiting for the next appt on Tuesday to see how much may be drained then, but I don't feel too uncomfortable at the moment. No tubes coming from my body is fab. Finally showering is easy! I have very hypersensitive skin in places since my op which makes me feel like l

LB

Hi Sunnydaze - I hope you’ve enjoyed your day 🤗 I am pleased to say I only have 2 more to go - this coming Tuesday and then the following Tuesday 😊 it seems to have been going on forever 🥴 then the Herceptin and pertuzamab for another 9 months or so. Simple pleasures indeed - the thing I am most looking forward to when my energy returns is a good long walk in the countryside - without having to worry where the nearest loo might be 😂 

hugs 🤗 LB X

That’s good to hear you’re feeling a wee bit better LB. How many more have you got to do now? Glad you’ve been able to do a walk with hubby and doggy. Simple pleasures. I have really appreciated simple pleasures throughout this treatment. 

Its still raining here, I’m having a lazy day.

Sunnydaze xx

LB

Hi Sunnydaze Thankyou I feel much better today - I actually did sleep well and it’s stopped raining at last so I have been able to have a little walk with hubby and dog 🐕🤗🤗

Sorry to hear that you’ve had such a bad day LB. I  hope your bowels improve soon. Sometimes it all just gets to be a bit too much and feels never ending. I hope you feel better after a good night’s sleep tonight. Sending you hugs and hope your leaking bladder eyes 👀  get sorted out.

Drummerswidow, only one more rad to go ✊. Brilliant. I hope your skin behaves itself and doesn’t break down. 

My hospital dished  out hydrocortisone cream to me ( betnovate 1%) and zerobase cream. I have been grateful for it because my breast has felt sore and hot after only 2 days. The young radiologist said it couldn’t be the treatment because se’s don’t kick in until about 10 days. Well they’ve kicked in with me. I’m a bit worried, hope my skin and arm holds out. It all feels tender. 

Im glad they caught your lymphodema in time Drummerswidow.

Take care one and all xx 

Hi All.

My grandmother will be looking down very pleased you all like her saying about crying. She had loads of sayings! 

Marykamille i hope your shoulder eases soon.

Sunnydaze glad you felt a bit more upbeat today. I have just one more rad to go. Skin  is looking red and is itchy. Think I’ll get some aloe vera. Had my review today. She was really cross that I hadn’t been given contact numbers and info when I had my planning. She also advised some 1% hydrocortisone cream.

LB sorry you’ve had a 💩 problem. Rain is enough to make us miserable. Mind you my water butt is full again 😂😂. 

Let’s hope we all have a good weekend xx

LB

Hi all - my bladder is too close to my eyes today too - I love that expression and kept thinking it all day 🤗 this gift that keeps giving has given me frequent, urgent dashes to the loo 💩 all day, plus the rain and not able to go for a walk ‘cos my legs are so wobbly - I have felt so fed up 🥴 I hope everyone has a good weekend. 

Hugs to all 🤗🤗

G

Well Sunnydaze, that’s my Friday night anthem sorted...anyone else have this in their brain now 🤪 🤣🤣

love it!! 

G x 

It sounds like you have been very brave re; your undiagnosed frozen shoulder MaryKamille. I hope you get help from a good physio and that it starts to improve soon. 

Thank you for the info re; late on set of side effects for radiotherapy. I’ve only had two sessions so far and my breast and arm feel tender. I hope everything holds up ok.

Its funny what difference a day makes. Yesterday I was in tears on the radiotherapy table, but today I was killing my self laughing. As i was laying on the table music started to play, in my ears “I’m horny, horny, horny, horny”🤣🤣🤣 it was so funny i just had to shout back, “No I’m not.”

The radiologist laughed too. It was a funny moment.

Its still rubbish having radiotherapy though. I only had to wait 20 minutes today though. #2down.

I decided to treat myself in Next afterwards and bought myself a linen dress and top for my holiday in Cornwall 2 days after rads finishes! The radiologist said I need to be covered up. Many of my summer clothes have low neck lines. Now I’m Post BC ready, high neck lines to stop me burning in the sun ( it will probably rain all week) and natural materials to help with the hot flushes 🤣🤣🤣. The joys...

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

LB2

Thanks for the comments MaryKamille, such a shame about your arm, hope the physio helps. That info about being worse after two weeks is interesting, I am working around my appointments and have a busy week next week once I finish but might have to keep my diary clear after that. So just when you think it's all over it might not be, great!  I had a quick look on the radiotherapy threads and some woman have an horrific time with their skin.

Now you can count down to that holiday rather than the the next treatment regime. Yay! 

Hi Kip

Thanks for the info. I’m at the clinic on Monday so will see if they have any more information. x

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

15599010157064945605344261382841.jpg

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi DrummersWidow,

Sounds like you have caught the lymphodema early too, that's what I was told, when exercising and carrying heavy stuff etc so hopefully neither us will have to wear the old sleeve permanently, does act as a good reminder of what we've been through (to others especially).  Gets me out of the cutting the lawn hee hee.  I have a set of exercises for lymphodema, not dissimilar to the post op ones,  stroking the arm starting from the top and working downwards in upward strokes to encourage the fluid to move.   Hold on.. I'll take a photo if I can and post it on there...much easier than describing it to you..

Kip

x

IMG_20190607_104151.jpg

Hi LB2 (and KitKat18)

I have also been on Anastrozole - for 2 weeks now. Have had very mild hot flushes but nothing else I can pinpoint. Maybe we are all going to be lucky on this one!

I saw a doctor for a medical review yesterday before my Rad treatment. Thank you for your comments on that issue, LB2. The doctor asked me questions and to do a couple of movements (one very painful) and told me I had capsulitis (frozen shoulder), so I am not being a wimp! You'd think the Radiologists might have realised that I had developed that condition?

The doctor said to see my physio as soon as possible to help me and, even if there is a delay after finishing Rads, (I'm on my 11th today, only 4 more to go next week, and my physio is away at the moment) that I must pursue it. It's expensive as private, but Julia, physio, did help me a lot with Sciatica before all this C stuff.

Apart from shoulder pain, Rads have not been too bad.I have soreness where there is swelling in two places which doctor pointed out. I am red but not blistered or open sores - they warned me to watch out for tiny ones which would need a different cream if they occur - so doing OK so far.

Doctor said 2 weeks after Rads is when side effects really take hold - as treatment is still working. Also, that SEs can last for 2 months. Then she gave me a card which has phone number etc to contact for problems, but it has a note at bottom,  I noticed later, to say that the phone no only applies for one month after finishing Rads. Then if you have problems - see your GP!

We are getting near the end of treatments, however, and we have just booked a holiday for early July around our wedding anniversary. Something to look forward to. And I have booked in for a Look Good Feel Better session with Macmillan services at the hospital for 18th July just after Rads finish. Maybe they can help me with make-up to reduce the ravages in my appearance! Also, seeing dietician this month.

Best wishes to everyone and hope we are ALL getting near the end of treatments!  xxx

Sunnydaze. That’s exactly how I was on my first rads. Did actually say I wonder what I’m doing here! 

I have been fortunate not to wait too long at my appointments. I’m having number 14 tomorrow and the time does go quickly xxxx

Hi G,

Glad you’ve resurfaced for a little while. I hope you’re feeling ok and the se’s are beginning to ease up for you.

It’s a tough journey and you are doing amazingly well, having endured longer  chemo cycles. It’s a blessing that you don’t need Rads G. ❤️

I know LB has also had to have additional cycles and a rough ride in hospital, but I hope too that you’re doing ok LB.

Dikat, I think I rang up for my results. I couldn’t wait for my meeting. I’d already waited 3 weeks. 

Hugs to all.

xx

G

Hey lovelies, I am still in chemo SEs this week so as usual non existent on here although I have had a catch up today to check in on you all.  Big hugs for those having some tough moments, especially those having them on the table as I think vulnerability is at its peak at these times.  When I look back on all this so far, the irony is it’s the MRI scan before my ops which was just there to check stuff and my port being inserted that are the two moments I could have just run away from despite them being minor in themselves.  The real hard parts of hearing news, agreeing a treatment plan, ops, chemo being administered etc were strangely easier to face in the moment, strange how your mind processes and manages isn’t it.  

Also I need to wade in on one other brilliant extract from the last few posts....I think having your bladder too close to your eyes is a very brave anatomy choice and one I am fully embracing and we should all be doing for our current and future well being, well done us 🧡

big hugs G 

Hi ladies 

LB2 and Drummerswidow, yay only 2 more rads to go💪

Glad your lymphoedema isn’t too bad Drummerswidow.

Sunnydaze, Good on you for embracing the bald look. Sorry you haven’t had a very good experience waiting around today and feeling like a piece of meat on a slab. This part will soon be over. 

Kitkat18, I hope your results come through soon. I rang my BCN today to ask if she was allowed to give me mine over the phone if they come through before my appointment next Wednesday. She said she would but they still haven’t come through as yet. 

Stuck at 14, sorry you have felt so rubbish during rads, it does sound degrading but you have done really well and not got long to go now.

Mars, hello and good luck with your treatment. It’s really useful to read the forums a few months ahead, often find the answers to things and get an idea of what to expect.

Hope I haven’t missed anyone, sending love and hugs to all 💕🤗

I thought of you today SA14 and totally understood why you felt so low...Yes, for all of the reasons you outline. I felt/feel the same.

The staff are  friendly enough and business like, prodding us along whilst our hearts are breaking inside...That table is a lonely place and they don’t really get it and why should they? 

SDxx