Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

What horrible news for you. It must be a nightmare to get your head around it all. Sending hugs. I really don’t know what else to say. Bless you everyone is here for you xx

Hi Catlady. I asked the nurse. She only gave me the last ones so next time i’m going to get all of them. 

We are all here for you xx

Catlady, thank you xx

Jayne I'm so sorry to hear that I bet that came as a real blow today ☹️  there really is no pattern to breast cancer its all a mind field! 

But looking at the positives it's stage 1 so they have found it nice and early and can tweak your chemo treatment to blast that too all at the same time keep positive you sound a strong lady so I know you can do this. I will be having a double mastectomy but I will cross that bridge when I come to that stage.

Sounds like you have a really good nurse and that's great she's gone through treatment plans and info on complementary therapies.

I feel for you with your kids and commend you that they are your main concern I can't give advice in that department as I have none but you sound like your doing a super job as for screaming and crying sometimes you just need to let it out and lean on friends and family tomorrow is a new day and you will see through the woods. Sending you a virtual hug xxx

Drumerswidow, hope you feel ok following #3. One more down x

Hi Catlady, Nurse visit was mixed. I had biopsy results from a second test done following MRi scan. I have cancer in keft breast as well. So HER2+ and oestrogen+ on right Grade 2, and HER2- and oestrogen+ on left Grade 1. Feel so gutted to have even more of it even if it is a lower grade. Feel like i just want 2 full mastectomies and to get rid asap.

On the positive side I have been given some info on complementary therapies and things to help the family too, and the nurse spent almost an hour talking through the different treatments and prognosis and the whys and wherefores of it all which has helped.

The kids are still my main area of concern and 2 out of 3 are not dealing with it well, although they both suffer from anxiety anyway which we were already struggling to deal with. Can't see the wood for the trees at the moment and not sure how I feel. Half of me wants to scream and cry whilst the other half wants to try so hard to stay positive and put on a brave face. 

Drummerswidow I hope you're feeling OK after your third round and you enjoyed your nap. I think I will be napping very soon. That's nice to hear you have buddied up with someone else it makes it seem easier abit crap you had such a delay though.
Who do you ask for a copy of the blood results would that be the nurse or oncologist?

And Dikat how are you feeling today I hope you're feeling better I know you have had a rough ride so far but I'm hoping it's getting better for you xx

Drummerswidow hope all goes well after your 3rd EC. Another one down. I do the same with bloods. I suppose it gives me the feeling of slight control in an otherwise uncontrollable situation!

Jayne1966 Hope all went well at today's appointment and hope you got some answers to your questions. 

Take care everyone x

Hi All. Let’s hope we all have a better week this week! Wishing everyone feels better emotionally and mentally. It’s tough isn’t it? 

I’ve had my 3rd EC today. Not been in long due to a delay. The chemo the pharmacy sent down expired yesterday! 🙄🙄🙄. So I had to wait for some more to come down from pharmacy. Red faces all round. Nurses weren’t happy because they were really busy.

I’ve buddied up with another breast cancer lady. So it’s nice to compare side effects lol. I’ve started asking for a copy of my blood results so I can keep tabs on what’s happening. Feeling tired this afternoon so I’m joining the dogs for a quick 💤💤💤💤💤. Let’s hope that we don’t get to many problems following chemo today

Hi Marykamille 

Thank you for your reply I've just had my second chemo today and back home and feeling more positive today I think I just needed a good cry and to try get my head around my hair going still think there will be more tears to come maybe I would be better of just shaving it then it's done and move forward.

I have a really nice wig but still haven't had the courage to go outside in public with it yet and I don't think the headscarfs suit me they can look so lovely on lots of women but I don't think I have the face for one but will wear one at home. That made me laugh what your husband said as my other half said something very similar 😁

Hope you're having a positive day too sending you big hugs x

Hi Jayne how did you get on today seeing the nurse? Hope you got all your questions answered

I like the way you had a mohekan for the day it did make me smile picturing it in my head i wish I was that brave 😁

Feeling more positive today after my good cry sometimes you just have to let it all out sending love and positive vibes to everyone x

Pleased to hear you're not suffering ill effects of 2nd FEC. Good luck with the head shave. I've still got a bit of stubble hanging on at the back but pretty much bald sides and top x

Marykamille what Web site did you use for the head accessories?

Fed up of shedding hair, so off to get it shaved tomorrow. Day 5 of FEC2, no brain but apart from that minimal side effects. Just bored!

Hi Catlady
Like you I am reading posts and trying to keep up. Hope you have a better day today.
My hair is just a few wisps now and it's so hard to look in the mirror! I keep my head covered at all times. My wig is good and does not irritate but I save that for when I am outdoors.
Yesterday I ordered a few hair accessories - scarves etc on a good, quick website. These things can give us a lift. Anyway, my husband hates the headscarf I wear mostly and says I look like a fortune-teller!
We had a good laugh over that.
You can't carry on as normal - let yourself cry and rage and whatever it takes. What we're going through ISN'T normal - so be kinder to yourself. XX

DiKat, moving on to THP after 3rd FEC. With you all the way x

Oh no Fluffysunsinepants. This is all certainly a test. Pleased to hear your clear and hope you feel less drained in the next day or two. Take care x

Hi all,

DiKat sorry to hear your having such a dreadful time with the chemo, be gentle with yourself.

I have had a nightmare since Thursday when my oncologist thought i had a blood clot, so ordered an ECG, blood tests, chest xray and CT scan, also two days of clexane as a precaution. Thankfully all is clear but i resemble a pin cushion & feel drained.

Onwards and upwards x

Thanks Jayne1966. It does feel good to share with others who understand.  So are you moving onto THP after 2 Fec? Good luck for your appointment tomorrow and let us know how you get on. Hugs to you too xxx