cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Hi Mary. I'm in the November group and had my first chemo on 16th Nov so will check in on both Nov and Dec groups. I know, like you, I found it really daunting before I had my first one but found reading the posts on the November group from those who had already started really reassuring. It's good to know we're 'all in the same boat' so to speak and the support from this online group is lovely and friendly. With starting on the 10th you should find you feel well for Christmas and like you say the side effects are different for everyone. I was fairly wiped out the first week but did have some days where I had more energy then really picked up from day 8.
The pre-chemo group session should be really helpful. I didn't go to one of these but thought it would have been nice to meet some other women starting at the same time. Good luck on the 10th and I'm sure there will be more ladies joining the December group soon.

Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Hi Mary, I have meeting with Oncologists on 7th Dec, I don't know when I start yet but I'm hoping for after Christmas too. I booked to go away for Christmas just before I was diagnosed. Hope all goes well for you, I'm very worried about it all too. It came as a shock as I was expecting Radiotherapy and now I'm having Chemotherapy too!
Highlighted

Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

I have just had my dates through. Was hoping to start after Xmas but no such luck! I start on 10th December and have a pre-Chemo group session on 7th December. Absolutely dreading it although I know they will talk it up on 7th. So many concerns, but everyone keeps saying we all react differently to the treatment (and the treatments are varied anyway - mine is for BC), so you don't really know until you start!