cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Great to see that positive friendships was made from such a negative disease. You all look so happy lovewine.
Yes Gill can't wait to meet. the July 14 ladies.
Cath. Sometimes it takes time for news to sink in. Both good and bad.
Love to all x x
Clare

@lilac55 wrote:

That will be US next year ladies. Xx

Whoo hoo! Getting close now. :-)

Hugs to all the July ladies

Cath

That will be US next year ladies. Xx

Don't you all look so happy!

So nice to put a face to the name, lovewine (and what a great name. lol)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Cath, this is us April 2014 ladies , we met up again in Oxford this year, first year was London, then Bristol, last year Oxford too, it is lovely to meet up once a year, we have  become friends . ( I am the second lady on the left!)  Have a nice weekend 😊.

Community Champion

6AFD7A6E-A03A-4900-9F08-B134A4BF39D5.jpeg

Lovewine - how amazing that you've all met up. We have talked about it, hopefully arranging it for our 5-year mark. It would be nice to put faces to names after all this time. :-)

Thanks again for the good wishes.

Hugs

Cath

Clare - playing steelpan in a Carnival sounds amazing! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Sylvie, Julie & Karen - I definitely had a big glass of something last night accompanied by lots of chocolate. lol Strangely, though, the relief is only really setting in today. I was so geared up for bad news that the good news has taken me by surprise. :-)

Gill - you're so right, life is fragile and it's meant to be enjoyed. I intend to enjoy every sec. :-)

Hugs to all the July ladies.

Cath

Morning Cath. What brilliant news.xxx Now you can get on living  your life to the full..it seems s fragile at times..

Hugs Gill xx

Community Champion

Hi Cath , I am one of the ladies from the April 2014 thread , so have followed your July thread at times .
It seems the April and July ladies from that year are still very active on the forum !
We met up for the 4th year last week and it was lovely to see the other ladies again .
Take care and once again it is so nice to hear good news ! X
Community Champion

Great news Cath!! Whoo hoo indeed! So pleased for you - you should defo celebrate tonight xxx

Fantastic news Cath, I’m so pleased for you. Think a very large glass of wine and slice of cake are in order this evening 😜
Have a lovely evening, I imagine you will sleep better than the rest of the week tonight xx

Fantastic news Cath, so pleased for you, you must be so relieved. Have a huge glass of something tonight in celebration! I’m going to have to google the other news, if it shows an increased risk recurrence it’s not good but it is good that it’s been picked up. Keep us posted won’t you.

Have a wonderful weekend. Xx

Cath I just saw your feedback .couldn't see it b4. A glitch in the system I suppose. I am so pleased that the results were positive and not cancerous.
Feeling happy for you now.
Love
Clare

Cath How are you today? How r you coping emotionally ? When will you get feedback about your tests?
Just to say I will be in Manchester playing steelpan in the Carnival this weekend. So excited.
Big hug
Clare

@Lovewine wrote:
Sorry to gatecrash cath , I accidentally read your post last week and have been checking back to see if you had any news - I am so relieved for you , what a worrying couple of weeks to say the least for you , am so pleased the biopsy was clear !

No need to apologise, Lovewine. Thanks for checking in. All good thoughts are appreciated. :-)

Are you on the cancer journey?

Hugs

Cath

Community Champion

Sorry to gatecrash cath , I accidentally read your post last week and have been checking back to see if you had any news - I am so relieved for you , what a worrying couple of weeks to say the least for you , am so pleased the biopsy was clear !
Community Champion

Hi Ladies,

I'm not long back from the hospital where I got the all clear - the biopsy wasn't cancerous. Whoo hoo! I will have to go back because seemingly I have atypical lobular hyperplasia, which I think just means I'm at a very high risk for reoccurrence. They want to chat to my original consultant and see what he wants to do - both now and for the future. 

Such a relief!

Thanks so much for all the positive thoughts and prayers, ladies. They were very much appreciated. It was nice to know I wasn’t alone while I was waiting.

Cath

Good luck Cath, we’re all thinking of you. 😘😘

Good luck today Cath, sending big hugs xx

@Karen2609 wrote:
We are all here for you if you need us Cath. Good news from Gill about calcifications, nothing beats reassurance from someone who has experience!
Hugs

Thanks, Karen.

And yes, it was great to hear from Gill that calcifications are quite common.  Trying to put it out of my mind now. Will let you all know what happens on Thursday.

Hugs

Cath

We are all here for you if you need us Cath. Good news from Gill about calcifications, nothing beats reassurance from someone who has experience!
Hugs

Clare - thanks for the positive vibes and finger crossing. 

Karen - I intend to fill my weekend with lovely things

Julie - Thanks for the positive vibes and the big, squishy hug.

Silvie - lol on the hoovering, but keep those fingers (legs...eye crossed for me.)

Gill - thanks for letting me know that calcifications aren't always serious. I've been afraid to google because as we all know a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. 

Ladies, I'm so very touched by all your posts. I don't want to tell anyone here about this, but I needed to share my worries with someone and you've all be great. I really appreciate the support while I wait.

Big hugs

Cath

Hi ladies. I haven't been on site for a while and just read about your experience Cath. So sorry you have to go through this worrying. I am sending positive vibes to you and keeping everything crossed. Big hug.
Love
Clare

Cath. I have had calcificatios twice before . My biopsies were clear so stay positive. We all know how awful the wait is but are sending you our strength and love.

Gill xx

Thank you for keeping us all updated Cath. It’s sounds rather trite to advise you to stay positive, especially after what you’ve been through already. Try and keep yourself as busy as possible, like you said you can’t change anything so worrying Wont help. I can promise you we’ll all be worrying for you! I have everything crossed for you (which made hoovering really difficult!). Please let us know how you get on next Thursday in your own time.

We’re with you all the way. 😘😘 xxx

Cath - not been on for ages, just dropped in to check on everyone & sorry to hear about your mammo experience.  Am sending lots of positive vibes your way and will say some prayers for you. Hope the news is the best it can be on Thursday.

Sending you a big, squishy hug to keep you going,

Love, Julie

xxx

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cath. It could still turn out to be ok couldn’t it?, and in the worst case it will have been caught very early.
Fill your weekend with lovely things, fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Sending big hugs xx

@Slyolddog wrote:
Sorry Cath, only got back yesterday and just picked up the latest thread. I’ve got everything crossed for you and hope you get the results quickly. As others have said hopefully it’s a blurred image. Big hugs. Xxx

Thanks, Sylvie 

Not long back from my appointment and it wasn't a blurred image. :-( They did another mammogram and found some spots - calcification- they then did an ultrasound, hoping I could have an ordinary biopsy as the vac biopsy is quite hard for me with my AS. But I ended up having to have the vac biopsy - wasn't as bad as I thought - then another mammogram to check the marker they put it.

Won't get results till next week. I have an appointment for Thurs so please keep all prayers and positive thoughts going.

I'm going to try and put it out of my mind until then - no sense worrying about something I've no control over.

Cath

Sorry Cath, only got back yesterday and just picked up the latest thread. I’ve got everything crossed for you and hope you get the results quickly. As others have said hopefully it’s a blurred image. Big hugs. Xxx

@Karen2609 wrote:
Good luck tomorrow, Cath, I’ll be thinking of you xx

Thanks, Karen.

Will be leaving soon for my appointment. *Gulp* 

Hugs

Cath

Good luck tomorrow, Cath, I’ll be thinking of you xx

@lilac55 wrote:

Oh Cath.that must have been a shock.fingers crossed it just blurred image or something simple.

Sending you a big hug. 

Will be thinking of you on Friday xxxx

Thanks for the hugs, Gill.

I'm hoping it's just a blurred image, too. Thankfully, I don't have to wait too long to find out. Just have to get through today. :-)

Hugs

Cath

Oh Cath.that must have been a shock.fingers crossed it just blurred image or something simple.

Sending you a big hug. 

Will be thinking of you on Friday xxxx

@Karen2609 wrote:
Sorry Cath, I phrased my reply badly when I said it’s still a worry, what I meant was due to our previous experiences it’s only natural to worry even though there are lots of reasons you have been called back.
There’s a reason you are a writer and I’m not!!
Take care xxx

Karen, no apology necessary, I know exactly what you mean. It's because of our previous experience that I'm on edge, and also why I haven't told anyone except hubs - and only because he's driving me to the appointment. :-)

I appreciate the good wishes.

Hugs

Cath

Sorry Cath, I phrased my reply badly when I said it’s still a worry, what I meant was due to our previous experiences it’s only natural to worry even though there are lots of reasons you have been called back.
There’s a reason you are a writer and I’m not!!
Take care xxx

Oh Cath, sending lots of love and hugs to you. I’m sure they are just being cautious as you say but it is still a worry. Hopefully they’ll be able to put your mind at rest on Friday.
Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed xx

Congrats on your half marathon time, Clare.

I went for my mammogram last Thursday and received a phone call this morning telling me I need to go back.

Booked in for Friday. Hoping they're just erring on the side of caution, but all positive thoughts would be gratefully received. :-(

Cath

Hi Ladies
Sorry not been on here for ages, possibly a good sign that life is getting back to normal? Sounds like everyone is doing well, hopefully all is good with Wendy too and she is too busy to check in!
Not had my mammogram yet that is due in a couple of weeks and then I have oncology in August.
Been off work with Martin for the last week, loving the hot weather and watching the football. Also now the kids are older and no one needs picking up from school, we have sneaked in a couple of pub lunches whilst we should be decorating 😊.
Love to all, Karen x

@Slyolddog wrote:
Good luck Cath, I’m sure you’ll be fine. Lovely day here in Hampshire too, sat in the garden under the shade with the glorious scent of the jasmine.

This is what summer should be like! Xx

Thanks, Sylvie 

The book reading actually went quite well. (Didn't end up in floods of tears, so that's a plus. lol)

Your garden sounds so restful - I love jasmine.

Weather is still gorgeous here. It's lovely to wake up to the sunshine every morning. Long may it continue.

Hugs

Cath

Good luck Cath, I’m sure you’ll be fine. Lovely day here in Hampshire too, sat in the garden under the shade with the glorious scent of the jasmine.

This is what summer should be like! Xx

@lilac55 wrote:
How did that happen ? Posted twice now. Please ignore.

Beach was fabulous.swam twice in the sea.
Gin festival here I come.xx

Are you sure you're not at the gin festival already? rofl

Another gorgeous day here in N. Ireland. I'm off in a bit to do a book reading - my least favourite thing. Wish me luck ladies.

Hugs

Cath

How did that happen ? Posted twice now. Please ignore.

Beach was fabulous.swam twice in the sea.
Gin festival here I come.xx

Haha  Clare who is Eric??

Sylvie I loved your shout out to everyone.Would be lovely for update .

Weekend away sounded lovely.no watering the garden ,cooking meals.bliss.

Am loving the weather. Am off to the beach today with some girlfriends.A swim in the sea a must.Life is so busy once retired.it's having the choice is liberating.Sorry not rubbing it in Slyvie.xxx

Clare every area so different.I got signed off from Drs after 2 years as no on going problems.or treatment planned.

Liked  2 letters .one for each boon.made me laugh.

Cath how is life in Northern Ireland ? 

We haven't heard from Wendy for awhile have we? Hope she is ok and just busy living life.

Well ladies time to get out of the bed and get ready for my day out.

Tomorrow I am going to a cornish gin festival..What a busy life I lead.

Stay well,embrace life.

Hug to you all Gill xxx

Hi Gill bl*** y autospell lol. It was typed as etc
So good to hear you're enjoying retirement. I wonder now where we got the time to go to work lol.
I could do with a dip in the sea today in fact this week with such lovely weather

Love to all
Clare

How lovely to hear from so many July Ladies. :-)

Sylvie - lol on the boob letters. Bet you're excited about your Canada trip. Don't stress it. Everything that needs to be done will be done and if not... so what. All you need is your passport and money. (Oh, and your partner, better not forget him. lol)

Clare - thanks for the explanation re your 'last' appt. I'm doing self-assessment so I haven't had any hospital appointments except for my mammogram, which I'm still waiting to get for this year.

Sounds like you're enjoying retirement. Go you!

Gill - I LOVE swimming, mostly in the pool but you can't beat the beach, especially in this weather. Enjoy.

Life in N. Ireland is sunny at the moment. We had a long car trip yesterday to check out houses for our son's return to college in Sept - 5 hours in total - and it hit 32 degrees in the car!!!

Today I plan to stay in the shade. lol

Have fun at your gin festival.

Hugs to all the July ladies.

Cath

Haha  Clare who is Eric??

Sylvie I loved your shout out to everyone.Would be lovely for update .

Weekend away sounded lovely.no watering the garden ,cooking meals.bliss.

Am loving the weather. Am off to the beach today with some girlfriends.A swim in the sea a must.Life is so busy once retired.it's having the choice is liberating.Sorry not rubbing it in Slyvie.xxx

Clare every area so different.I got signed off from Drs after 2 years as no on going problems.or treatment planned.

Liked  2 letters .one for each boon.made me laugh.

Cath how is life in Northern Ireland ? 

We haven't heard from Wendy for awhile have we? Hope she is ok and just busy living life.

Well ladies time to get out of the bed and get ready for my day out.

Tomorrow I am going to a cornish gin festival..What a busy life I lead.

Stay well,embrace life.

Hug to you all Gill xxx

Hi Cath, Gill and Sylvie Eric. Good to hear. Sylvie holiday sounds great. Yes retirement is the key to get the time to do exactly what you like without stress. Thought I would miss work but too busy at the moment.

Cath it think it might be my last appt because I thought one get seen for 5 years then signed off. Maybe I shall get one more appt as not exactly 5 yrs yet. Diagnosed 31st Dec 2013. We shall see. I wouldn't mind being signed off as I hate hanging around hospitals. So depressing. Must be because I spend all my working years in them lol.

Well girls enjoy the lovely weather.

Love to all
Clare