cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Cassie, glad you enjoyed your stay in Brighton, although it’s a pity about the noise. I guess its almost inevitable in such a lively place. I tend to take earplugs with me now, even though I hate them. You certainly had a busy time, but hopefully it was relaxing as well. Re the swimming, its such a pity when teachers cant adapt their methods to the child. My GD loves the water and has no problem putting her face in the water but cant manage the breathing when doing the crawl. As a result she puts her feet down after a few strokes. And they dont teach breast stroke.  I think if she had been allowed to learn the way we didwhen I was a child , ie breast stroke with chin out of the water - at least she would be able to swim - even if she looked like an old lady trying to keep her cigarette dry (cant remember the name of the comedienne who made that joke although I can visualise her. Hopefully you are having a less stressful time at work this week now that the IT is sorted out. What a palaver. 

Rosie, at the risk of sounding even more like  a grumpy old woman, Im rather with you on the weddings and honeymoon thing. My daughter didnt have a honeymoon because GD was only 5 months old - they dudnt plan that very well. We did but we were both broke so booked a self catering cabin in Scotland which turned out to be even less glamorous than we had expected, not much bigger than a large shed at the bottom of someones garden! And I dont think hen dos had been invented. You do seem to be having an exceltionally busy time at school at the moment for one reason and another. Hope it calms diwn soon.

Lovewine, good that your parents managed to get away. The place they are staying sounds wonderful. I imagine it is quite flat around there and it looks as if the weather will be dry so it would be a good opportunity for your dad to try out his scooter, but I can understand his reluctance.  You didn’t  say when you were seeing the surgeon this week, i know you will be glad to get it over with. When is your mammogram? Will look up the book you mentioned. Think I might need to give thrillers a rest though, my dreams last night all seemed to about murders. 

we had a nice weekend. The play was stunning, funny and brilliantly performed by a very experienced actress -if anybody remembers she was the lady of the manor in Lovejoy- and a young, rather dishy young man who should go far. It was an extra treat afterwards when he came into the cafe we went into afterwards so my friend and I could drool a bit more.  Sunday we gardened then went across to YDs to take their dog back and catch up. GD and YD had made some delicious blackberry muffins- they have loads of blackberries in their garden so we all picked some for us to bring home. I didnt make anything adventurous, just stewed them with apples but it made a nice pud- and a couple of breakfasts. 

Community Champion

Good Afternoon ladies!
Pity about the noise interruption on your break Cassie! Did you complian? They may reimburse you!
When I taught swimming to non swimmers we blew bubbles on the water and they soon got their faces wet!😂 We also had some little fried egg shaped coloured plastic shapes that could be blown and flipped across the water!
Glad to hear that all your IT is up and working we all rely on it so much now!
Lovewine I can’t believe that you’re friend didn’t see anyone she recognised form the program. Maybe she will see someone next time she visits? Thank goodness she took Pet Insurance!😅
So glad that your dad was able to go away on the holiday! Let’s hope he will use his scooter!
Life is still manic here and the temperature it up over 40 again! Not the sort of temperatures you want for moving furniture around and getting classrooms organised! I went in at 8 and escaped at 1.00pm feeling extremely wilted 🥀!
The Principal’s father died in the early hours so he is having to go back to the U.K. for a while! So everyone is having to step up a notch to help!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , can’t believe September is here already and I have seen the dreaded Christmas cards and paper in the stores 🙀!!
I agree with today’s weddings- a few of my clients daughters recently married and the hen “dos” were usually a week in Greece or Ibiza etc, several married in stately homes and some in vineyards in Italy !
My first wedding when I was 21 was in the village church and then a brief visit to north Devon ( I divorced when I was 23 !) second to my OH when I was 26 in a registery office in Nottingham followed by one night in a hotel !
Rosie , Inca did go to the actual Supervet surgery in Cambridgeshire , he was referred there by my vet friend , she wasn’t filmed and didn’t see anyone she recognised though , poor Inca , he’s had both front legs shaved and operated on and goes back next week to have the 2nd metal plate put in, each leg has cost £4,000 each 😬, thankfully she has pet insurance !
Cassie , shame about the noise spoiling your break , I haven’t been to Brighton for many years , I know it is very lively though , glad you packed a lot in , it was a lovely day here yesterday too, hope you enjoyed the sunshine before returning to work .
I also have an appointment this week with the surgical team for annual check up , I have alternate years with oncology and surgeon .
Joan , I expect you will be busy this week with work and GC .. I have started a new book called “The Wife between us “which is proving to be quite good .
The weather looks quite nice for my mum and dad and sister and BIL for Suffolk , hope it stays that way , they are staying in a converted mill which is in a village called Snape close to Aldeburgh and it looks very nice and just what they need - I am not convinced though that Dad will be persuaded to use his new mobility scooter😮!
Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning Ladies,

The break in Brighton was nice but spoilt by the noise from the traffic and revelers the hotel did not have double glazing ! We had an action packed few days a boat trip, a visit to Sea life center, a couple of trips to the pier, a morning of swimming or more trying to teach GS, bless him he is not quite there yet, his school insisted that all children had to put there faces under the water that prevented him from trying, such a shame.

We had a couple of really nice evening meals one in a sea food restaurant next to the beach which we enjoyed very much a restaurant called Riddle & Finns.

It is a lovely sunny day here today, I am going out shortly with YD to a street food brunch event in Shoreditch which should be nice in the sunshine. YD is off the Ibiza in the week with some work friends for a few days.

I hope Inca improves soon Lovewine bless him, its so awful when animals are ill especially when they are so young. I agree Rosie on the honeymoon subject, I think it makes couples just expect too much, what are they meant to aspire to for the rest of their time together if they have everything at once at the beginning, nothing will feel like a treat or exciting. My honeymoon was 40 years ago next year, a week in Majorca paid for by my father in law which was very generous of him as a wedding present. The hen party was a meal in a greek retaurant near Tottenham court Road, with my mum and future mother in law and a few friends we managed to hitch a lift home in a Rolls Royce afterwards, not to be recommended especially these days but there was seven of us. It was all very innocent and probably the only time any of us had ever done anything like that.

I am glad all is well with your check up Wildpurl, you have been very productive as usual, I have a check up with the surgeon next week and the oncologist I think next March which will be the last one, fingers crossed.

Have a lovely weekend Ladies what ever you are doing, the IT was working after a huge effort last Wednesday the decorators had unplugged everything including a router which went up in smoke when reconnected, we got a new one ordered within a day, it took two days to get up a running again though, with IT dragging their heels the first engineer that came just ordered the new router and left, not checking any of the cables or anything we have 5 PC's three scanners and the telephone system and hub plus a large photocopier and fax machine on the top floor and  so many cables it's hard even for the engineers to sort out they upgrade but do not take the old cable boxes and cables away plus everything is behind a heavy desk, nightmare !

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan the Next linen dress is very distinctive and comes in about 8 different patterns and colours! I have seen many of them walking about in the U.K. also!
Hope you enjoyed your play and your friends Golden Wedding celebrations.sometimes lower key events are the most enjoyable. It’s the same with weddings! I can never understand why couples spend thousands for one day and then have a very expensive honeymoon! Non of our children had a honeymoon, 2 of them had one night in a hotel. DH sold his drum kit so we could afford 5 days in Newquay! We couldn’t afford the week!😂
Hen and stag do’s are also becoming holidays rather than a few drinks! 😮
Lovewine did Inca go to the actual Fitzpatrick vets? I do hope poor Inca will improve quickly they seem to get the animals up and running in no time at all! I keep saying it I would have liked to gone to Fitzpatrick. I would be up and away and doing the great north run by now!🤣
It sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday preceded by retail therapy!😄
Ladies enjoy the remainder of the weekend.
It is very humid here this morning I was out with the dog just after 6 I am dripping must go for a shower.😓

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, what a beautiful day it has been today, summer has returned.

Rosie,i hope the stress of school issues settles down , especially with those hot temperatures which certainly do not help! I think our Next dresses were the buy of the summer !

Wildpurl, great news your check up was good, i love the sound of your pesto and ratatouille,p.

Joan, hope you enjoyed the theatre and the party this evening, are your GC back at school next week?

OH worked this morning, i did some shopping and bought a nice top from Fat face. This afternooni drove the dogs to a beautiful walk along a canal and valley, it was so peaceful and I didn’t see any one at all, then OH cooked  a chicken green thai curry when he got home this evening which was very nice indeed.

My friends dog Inca was at Supervets yesterday , although he didn’t see the actual Supervet!!  He had surgery on both front legs, for elbow dysplacia😬, she collected him this afternoon and hes very sorry for himself.

Cassie, hope you are having a nice weekend too.

What a lovely poem Rosie. My dad used to write poetry too. After he died, and we were planning the funeral, I found his notebooks and discovered one I hadnt seen before which was about his death. I read that out at the funeral though still not quite sure how I got through it without breaking down. He was also a good cook like your dad and Lovewines though he never tackled puddings. That was definitely my mothers domain. Glad the pool is sorted. The fact that the Next dress is so popular shows what a good buy it was. But it is always disconcerting when someone else is wearing the same outfit as you. My funniest experience was many years ago at a celebration for EDs 18th birthday. I had bought a three piece floral floaty outfit with big shocking pink flowers on it. (I know, but it was the 80’s). Opened the front door and daughters godmother was wearing exactly the same thing! She was about the same size as me too. I hope things start to settle down with school. You certainly have a lot going on. 

Lovewine, good news that your dad is recovering. Fingers crossed he is well enough to go to Suffolk. Hope you have managed to get through the work and have an easier week to look forward to.

Wildpurl, good news about your checkup. And that you should be discharged next year. Sounds like you are going to be busy making use of all your produce. 

Cassie, hope things have been easier at your work and you have a good weekend.

I’ve had a pretty dull week, mainly trying to progress a research report I am writing. It has certainly helped not having two days in the week taken up with childcare duties though. Busy day today with theatre this afternoon-a play based on an episode in the life of Patricia Highsmith, the crime novelist- then a party celebrating the golden wedding of some close friends. We were able to pass on spare balloons from our much lower key event. Tomorrow will be gardening then returning YDs dog and seeing the GC. Next week life returns to normality. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
The weekend again although here at the moment it is another working day!😟 Staff are due in school Monday, primary parents are invited to a meet the teacher event on Tuesday and all pupils return on Wednesday!
It has been chaos and still remains so. Decorator is touching up, cleaner did a deep clean then the decorator rubbed down all over the place creating dust!🙀Add to this the pest control spraying and a band of people trying to sort uniform, admissions and consortium arriving! Not to mention timetabling some teachers trying to get their classrooms sorted amongst a myriad of other tasks! Add 34 degrees of heat when you go between buildings a recipe for frayed tempers!😡😓🙀😬😮😟 even 🤬!
The next few days don’t promise to be any calmer!
Wildpurl very good news about your visit to the surgeon! I guess we will all be signed off next year our 5th anniversary!
How satisfying to have grown all the veg in your ratatouille!
Lovewine hope next week won’t be so busy for you and hope you manage to get a relaxing weekend.
Cassie hope you ED and GS benefitted from your break?
Joan are you visiting the theatre this weekend?

Afternoon everyone, it is sunny and pleasant here. I have done some pattern cutting, blocked my shawl and been swimming, but no gardening today.

Yesterday I had my checkup with the breast surgeon, all is well and apparently if all is well next year I will be discharged and will not have to have any more checkups.

OH's youngest is here today as tomorrow he gets driven back to uni for his final year. Gosh where did that time go?!

I am making ratatouille this evening using almost entirely veg from the garden, I will shortly go and pick an aubergine from the greenhouse.

It is quite autumnal here, the nights have been pleasantly cooler. It is nice to have a sunny weekend though. I have washing on the line and am planning to make pesto tomorrow to use up most of my basil and to pick blackberries on Sunday so I can make blackberry and apple jam and crumble filling.

Community Champion

Good morning the last day of August!
Yes Lovewine dad was very good in his day at cooking simple hearty meals he did a mean liver and onions!😜 He used to write poems about life’s ups and downs often with an air of poignancy!
Oh dear jumpers! 🙀 Yesterday there were 3 staff in school all with the Next dressses on! The day before one of the administrators and I both turned up in the yellow one! 🤣
I do hope that your dad will be well enough to go away next week it would certainly be very good for your mum!
Cassie hope your Brighton spa break provides you with some much needed relaxation!
Joan I guess GC are back to school next week?
Hope you all have a good weekend!
We have a new pool pump so all good with the pool!👍
Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie what a beautiful poem , your dad was very talented , also a good cook too by the sound of it ! Sadly my Next dresses have been packed away and my long sleeved tops and jumpers have appeared again 😬
I have been exceptionally busy with work and today the same - combination of the bank holiday and the return of some clients from extended holidays .
Dad is slowly picking up , still very frail though , he is supposed to be going with my sister etc to Suffolk next week , really hoping he can make it as it will do him and my Mum good to have a break.
Cassie , I hope you have a relaxing break in Brighton 😊 you certainly need it after the problems you have had at work .
Joan , how is your week going without GC duty !?
Wildpurl , a nice short week for you , expect you will be busy at this time of year in your garden.
It looks like the weekend weather is going to be quite nice .. enjoy it everyone😊
Community Champion

650B25B6-420A-4EED-A6F0-488942BB7382.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning!
Lovewine my dad used to make a mean damson crumble and also blackberry and apple! 😜 With the ripeneing of these fruits a real sign that autumn is round the corner! Before we left the U.K. I noticed the rosebay willow herb was going wispy with white hair! My dad always used to tell me it was the last wild flower of summer. He often wrote poems of which my sister has most of them! He wrote one about the rosebay willow herb and likened ift to his life! My sister read it out at his funeral!
Another day of meetings today and trying to place children into classes!
Still stonkingly hot here! 😓 I expect you have put your Next dresses away Lovewine? I am still wearing mine thank goodness I purchased the size bigger so they are loose!🙄

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , what a dreary day it was yesterday , we also made use of the wet weather .. mum picked damsons from her garden and gave me an enormous bag full a few days ago so OH made damson jelly which is delicious , I used up some old wool and knitted a scarf for one of my dog walking ladies !
Saturday I picked up shopping for mum and dad and then I went with OH for a drive and a walk to a pretty canal side which was very relaxing , finished off overlooking the valley in a country pub garden !
Joan indeed it would have been very different on your boat if the weather had been so wet !
Hope you have a productive week .
Rosie, hope things settle down this week for you without any more things going wrong and breaking down . It is very frustrating .
Cassie , hope things improve at work this week for you , not good for patients or staff having to put up with those conditions .
I have a couple of hours of work to do , we may have a walk into Northamptonshire his afternoon , there is a disused railway line which is a pleasant walk -lots of wild flowers and ending in a woodland , then stop off on way home to pick up pet supplies and new socks for OH😳!
Have a good day everyone, Wildpurl hope you are enjoying the long weekend .
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan yes how lucky that you had your boat trip last Sunday!
I am so glad that you got your phone back safely!
Well done on your sorting out enjoy your GC free week!
Lovewine I do hope that your dad is feeling better?
We attacked the roses in the garden as the sun started to go down yesterday, this is the 4 th time we have had to cut them harshly. They were looking pretty sick they bloom better in the cooler winter months! DH and I took some respite at the Tala Monastery cafe for lunch earlier in the day, where it is covered with trees and a few degrees lower in the hills!
Busy with meetings today!
Have a good bank holiday Monday ladies!

What a chapter of accidents you have had since getting back to Cyprus Rosie.  Horrible to get back to a defrosted freezer, it happened to us several years ago and I remember it all too well. Hope you get the pump fixed soon, the pool is clearly a necessity rather than a luxury in the temperatures you have. Well done EGD.  Excellent results. 

Lovewine, a stressful couple of days for you too. Hope your dad soon feels better. It sounds extremely painful. Good idea to delay your mammogram, it would have spoilt your holiday. Disappointing about your first bag but glad you found another you liked. I use mine all the time. Fortunately got my phone back very quickly- ED had discovered it while on the train back to London and put it in the post on their way home so I had it back on Wednesday. 

Cassie, what a time you are having at work. Like Rosie, I am rather surprised that the Centre is still able to function, all that dust cant be good for staff or patients.  You will need your spa break. Hope you had a lovely lunch with your daughters. 

Its been pouring with rain here today as I gather it has been across the country. I cant help thinking how different it would have been on our canal boat last Sunday if it had been like this. Spent the morning doing some more sorting out in my study, throwing out papers, making the sort of decisions you have been making Cassie. Decided to be ruthless. Five black bin bags filled and at least one empty shelf. Will probably be doing some more tomorrow too since OH will be in Bristol doing his Oxfam volunteering. We had our Bank holiday outing yesterday, visiting an arts centre in Somerset which has the most beautiful garden. I think I shall be working for most of the week taking advantage of the grandchildren being away on holiday.

Hope tomorrow is better weather. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Cassie I am pleased to hear that ED is coping and a spa break will do her GS and you the world of good!
What a palaver with your work place I am suprised that patients are allowed to attend the surgery in such a condition! 😯 Patients with breathing conditions could develop issues from the dust!🙀
I do hope it all gets sorted soon!
Lovewine hopefully your dad is feeling better today? DH has diverticulitis that flare up from time to time! Pips and seeds are not good for the condition!
Glad you enjoyed a shopping trip with your sister!
Yes it is still hot here, 37 and the pool pump has just been taken away to see if it can be repaired!😔
Oh dear it sounds like your summer is over! 😟
Ladies make sure you relax over the bank holiday!

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, i have had a stressful 24 hours with Dad, had a phone call from mum at 7.10 a.m yesterday morning while i was walking through the woods with dogs- i knew it wouldn’t be just a social call at that time, dad wasnt well at all with severe stomach pain, I rearranged my delivery run and took them to the doctors, he looked very pale and frail, after a lot of examinations it is thought he has diverticulitis and was given very strong penicillin, called to see him today and he still looks poorly, i also had my appointment come through to see breast surgeon for check up, felt very stressed at the end of yesterday😳 Thankfully today i had off work, myself and my sister went to Rugby to the shopping centre and had lunch and i bought a throw for my sofa in a lovely ochre colour and i used my voucher for M&S and bought a pair of navy suede ankle boots! Rosie, it is still very hot for you in Cyprus, i hope the pool was fixed today and you cooled off in it , things always break at the same time 😏, well done to your GD on her exam results. Cassie, glad things are ok with ED, a break in Brighton sounds lovely, enjoy too your weekend, weather has cooled off here, not looking great for the weekend either!

Good evening Ladies,

GS & ED are OK I have seen them today ED had a dentist appointment and wanted me to keep GS occupied he had his appointment yesterday and really did not want to go again today. We had some lunch near Primrose Hill and then walked up it as well, GS was cold in his tea shirt, it has definitely got more chilly and it poured with rain on my way back from the station on the way home, it still looks as if we are in for another down pour.

Glad you found a nice bag in the end lovewine and it was also a bargain, you do really well with your shopping trips. Rosie what a shame about the freezer & pool there always seems to be some upset or other.

It's ED's birthday tomorrow she will be 35 and that makes me feel old! We are meeting up for lunch with YD which will be nice for the three of us. I am going to take next Thursday off and go away with ED & GS for a couple of days they have booked into a spa hotel in Brighton Mon-Fri and I will join them on Weds evening.

I feel like I need another holiday we have been having a nightmare at work with builders, decorators and possible carpet fitters all at the same time the manager also thought it would be a good time to have a good clear out of all of the rooms, which means guess who has had to go through loads of paperwork and decide does it need to be shredded, kept or thrown out. I have cleared shelves, moved furniture and put everything back in place IT, phones and printers for a Nurse and & a GP room, fortunately the other three rooms have been sorted out by other staff. My office which I share with the manager & the main admin room are being decorated today and over the weekend, I am not looking forward to Tues when we return to the onslaught thre are six desks and all of the gadgets that go with them. The kitchen and staff loo have been totally stripped out for about 10 days now so we have all the equipment from them in our office too!

The work has had to be done because of all of the building work, three blocks of flats are being built, next door and behind our surgery the foundation work shook our building so badly it has produced severe cracks we could see daylight where one wall was coming away from another. The dust and noise is really bad but we are not allowed to close the surgery, we have dust sheets hanging from the banisters to help stop the dust from going near the patients but its really not possible.

All of the clinical rooms are finished and look very good but some of the damage is worse than they thought so we have to wait for a loss adjuster to come and OK the last major bit of work. The plaster is drying in the kitchen and staff loo, so the builders have now gone off site while we wait for a decision the painter & decorators are continuing with the rooms. We will have to redecorate the waiting areas and staircase last. It's minging, I took baby wipes into work because I cannot abide dust on my desk or hands and it just keeps coming back.

I hope you have a good weekend ladies

Community Champion

Good morning Ladies!
Yes Lovewine DH started his stress the day before we left the U.K.! He has settled down a bit now but he had 2 days of rushing round like a bull in a china shop and then saying the heat was making him feel unwell!🙄
The exam results are always a stressful time. Fortunately most students got what was expected! Our EGD got 9 GSCE’s under the new grade system they would all equate to B and over! 😊 I have sent her a cinema voucher!🙂
I think you are wise delaying your mammogram you don’t want to spoil your time away by worrying about results! You look so well so I am sure that you have nothing to fear!
What a lucky find with the handbag! 😄
Our toilet leak has been repaired but unfortunately the pool pump has a problem! Hopefully the technician will come today to see if it is an easy repair! I am not happy about this as I can’t use it now until it is repaired!😡 When it reaches 37 in the afternoon and you have been out and about it is a necessary for a pool dip. It’s also useful to strengthen my legs!
Whatever you are doing over the bank holiday take some time for yourselves ladies!
No bank holiday here!

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie I hope everything with the school falls into place before the new term , I expect DH is feeling quite stressed again now he’s back 😮
Ten years is a long time - where does the time go!
I have not been too busy this week , we did a lovely long walk last night with the group , definitely noticeable now though how much earlier it’s getting darker .
I received my mammogram appointment yesterday - but it falls 2 weeks before we go to Cornwall for a week , I rang the department and they were lovely and said they would send me an appointment for mid October , I do have an appt coming up to see the surgical team for annual check up too😬, I couldn’t bear the idea of worrying while I was away or receiving a letter to return after the mammogram .
Rosie , I was in our local town yesterday and found a handbag just by chance - even better it was in the sale for £20 ! Very pleased with it , it’s very similar to Joan’s which I admired !
Have a good day ladies , nearly the weekend !
Community Champion

Good morning ladies how disappointing that your handbag wasn’t any good Lovewine! 😟Will you order another one?
The dog was very pleased to see us and as usual jumped into the back of the car like a rocket!😂
I have managed to clean up the mess in the freezer and on the floor and had to throw pork, chicken , meat balls from IKEA and sausage! Not worth the risk, the freezer must have been off for some time. The frozen veg and bread I have kept. Oh and the ice cubes! 🤣
I went out with the dog at 6.30 this am and the sun rose at 6.45 so it was quite pleasant, the days seem to be getting shorter!
It was our middle GD’s birthday yesterday she was 11. She was born when we were holidaying in our villa and not living here! So we must have lived here for 10 years!😮
The plumber is coming today to fix our ensuite toilet thank goodness!
DH is meeting with architect this am to try and forge ahead to get our primary classes moved as soon as possible onto the new site! The plans have to go to town planning next!🙄
I expect that you are all ready for a long weekend?

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, i dont know what has happened to my yesterdays long post😳, it seems to have disappeared!
Anyway, glad you are back home safely Rosie, annoying though regarding the delay, bet your dog was delighted to see you. Shame about the freezer contents.
My handbag arrived on sunday and was promptly returned on monday as it wasnt very nice🤨, very stiff and felt like a brick on my shoulder !
Joan, i hope you managed to get your phone back, must be disruptive for your daughter too, glad your boat party went well without any mishaps, unlike my mum and dads golden wedding boat trip when OH ran aground!!
Been busy this week, everyone returns next week though, so it will be incredible hectic,
Hope everyone is having a good week, at least its bank holiday this weekend😊.
Community Champion

Joan I am so glad that the weather was favourable. What a drama the lovely golden balloons caused I hope someone managed to capture the moment on camera when they went pop! 😁
Have you found a solution for getting your phone back?🧐
We had a 2 hour delay due to the plane being changed as there was a problem with the toilets and then we had to wait for air traffic control to give us a take off slot!
The heat hit us when we opened the bungalow!😓 A candle in the conservatory has melted and a strip of wood came off the side of the boxed unit! 🙀
We didn’t find any unwelcome house guests but the en suite toilet is leaking when flushed so out of action until the land lady gives us the go ahead for repair!😔
We are off or get the dog soon and then see if my car starts to make the dreaded supermarket trip!
Oh I forgot to mention that there must have been a significant power cut as we found a stream of red juice on the kitchen floor that came from the freezer- a box of berries! So I am now going to have to throw the remaining articles in the freezer out I guess the bread should be safe enough?
Lovewine did your handbag arrive?
Wildpurl and Cassie hope all is well with you both?

Fortunately the weather forecast was completely wrong for yesterday. After a bit of rain on the rain there the clouds cleared and we had a gloriously sunny day. Of course no one had brought sun cream or hats! The boat trip went pretty well with only one or two mishaps.  ED had brought some beautiful golden balloons filled with large gold sequins which looked delightful strung around the boat. Unfortunately she had never steered a narrowboat before and managed to take us into the bramble hedge along the canal bank which punctured the balloons along that side, causing a rather spectacular cascade over those of us in the front and across the water. Not good for the wildlife I’m afraid. YDs dog, who is now rather elderly, was obviously quite discombobulated being on the boat and had to be walked along the towpath for an hour or so before he settled. We seemed to spend quite a bit of the day eating, trying to work our way through the vast amounts of lunch the hire company had provided- much of which we had to bring home-; then a cream cream, provided by me; finishing off with a lovely carrot and orange cake made by ED, decorated with gold balls and sparkler ‘50’ candles and a bottle of champagne. All in all a memorable day. And no-one fell in, though GS gave me the heebje jeebies at times and I spent quite a bit of time with my hand clutching the beltt of his life jacket!

hope your journey back home has been problem free Rosie and no unexpected issues to greet you. hope everyone else has had a good weekend. 

Ive just discovered that I must have put my phone in EDs bag by mistake-we have identical ones! She is now on her way back to London! 

Community Champion

4C4B6F6E-EC0B-4682-A5E5-69EACF2B6372.png

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
No I am not too comfortable for the 3/4 revolutions on the exercise bike but once I get going I do 10 mins at a time. Hopefully I will get through the initial barrier as then I can progress to the bike! I won’t use the electric battery until I have the cycling under control!
Joan the weather does look cloudy but dry today! Enjoy the boat trip! 🥂🎈🎈
Lovewine I looked up shepherds huts and realised I had spotted some dotted about on the campsite we stayed on in the Lake District I wondered what they were!
Hope you will be happy with your new handbag!
I decided to go to the final clearance of the 70% sale at Debenhams I tried on a few things thankfully and none of them looked right so I returned empty handed!
I had left DH doing the ironing he has more patience with it than me and it’s all his anyway! Apart from the bedding!
Not looking forward to tomorrow! The only reason I am going back is the dog feel really bad about her but she looks so happy on pictures onFacebook!
Community Champion

Afternoon ladies , after a gloomy start it’s now glorious warm sunshine .
Rosie I love the motor home , you will get so much use out of it I am sure .. two friends of mine have Gtech electric bikes and really enjoy them. Must admit you don’t look thrilled on your exercise bike ☺️! Hope it helps your leg a bit more though .
ES has taken the dog to Peak District , the shepherds hut looks very nice and they are enjoying themselves , they walked in Dovedale earlier which brings back fond memories of them when they were little boys and we used to visit for the day !
YS went to Italy with GF and her family !

I changed my insurance last week and was sent a £30 M&S voucher so I have bought myself a new handbag which is arriving tomorrow 😊
Joan , enjoy the rest of the weekend with the family - glad you enjoyed the books , I thought the doctor one was very funny , I read it in Menorca and laughed out loud many times - it is amusing but shows the dire state of the NHS at times , I admire your daughter as it is very tough .
Cassie, hope all is ok with ED and GS .
Wildpurl, hope you are enjoying some time in your garden now it’s not too hot !

Rosie, the MH looks very grand, personalised number plate and all. Shame you arent able to use the electric bikes. The exercise bike seems a good idea, although you dont look terribly happy on it but perhaps that’s because it is also painful. What a pity the new medication hasnt helped. How awful about your daughters friend. Hopefully it has been caught early and can be successfully treated. Very tough though having to go through treatment and cope with two young children. She will need a good support system. 

Lovewine, thanks for the recommendation about ‘This is going to hurt’. Laugh out loud funny as well as revealing the terrible pressures on young doctors. My daughter went through all that before controls were placed on junior doctors hours, then she hit it as the pressures shifted upwards to registrars and now shes under huge pressure as a consultant. I also enjoyed Woman in the Window which I remember you saying you hadnt - I’d just bought it that day so was very dubious. 

Wildpurl, love the sandals. Like Rosie I’m a fan of Hotter footwear, they do seem to manage to produce comfortable shoes which dont look as if they’re intended for the older market. 

Cassie, hope things are going OK with you.

just about surviving the week. Keeping my fingers crossed for the boat trip tomorrow. The weather forecast  looks very gloomy-thick cloud but hopefully not too much rain. ED has just revealed she is taking balloons!

Community Champion

The Lake Distrct stop over note the registration DH has always wanted a personalised number plate! They used to cost thousands but this one was very reasonable! DH ‘s initial and surname and my initials! Oh and the year year DH was born!😂🤣

Community Champion

8FDB602A-8051-4BB2-85D9-BCFEE6F7364F.jpeg

Community Champion

D79B30E1-83FF-4721-899F-8CE99760A4D7.jpeg

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Wildpurl I love the sandals so glad that you are pleased with them! I wouldn’t get shoes from anywhere else now! We have a Hotter’s shop within walking distance from our apartment. I did notice a poster in the window advertising buy one pair get second half price! I swiftly moved on by as I have already taken advantage of such a deal earlier in the year!😏
It doesn’t take much rain for the grass to come back it looks fairly cloudy over the next few days at least the very high temperatures have dropped and it’s won’t be too hot for gardening.
Lovewine glad that YS had a good trip to Italy did GF go with him?
A shepherds hut sounds interesting I will have to google it! Have they taken the dog or is it boarding with you?
DD’s friend is 37. Her mum had BC, her dad recently died after a battle with bowel cancer, her brother was found dead in his home with no reason for death ever discovered and she has two children 9 and 6! The poor girl has been so through much already!😢
We are returning to the U.K. late September to take a final trip in the motor home before the winter. We are going to the Lake District and have 4 different stop overs for 2 nights at different locations!
As part of our MH package DH purchased a couple of electric bikes! When we collected them I couldn’t ride mine my operated leg wouldn’t make the revolution!😢😳
He has purchased me an excercise bike, that will have to be left here, to get the leg movement going! He said it was cheaper than a 3 month gym membership which was a route that I thought I may have to take!😳
Off to see MIL today.
Have a good weekend ladies!
Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies , I don’t know where the week has gone too , it’s flown past !
Rosie , how frustrating the leg pain isn’t helped by the painkillers - are there any different ones you can try , although I know you have been on different ones🤨, you have had a busy week , enjoy the last few days before you fly back 😊
Shame about DDs friend , is she quite young ?
Wildpurl I love the sandals , I may have a look later on the website too, it’s quite overcast but warm here today , not much sunshine though !
ES and DIL have gone to the Peak District on a shepherds hut for the weekend - It’s DILs birthday , we went to visit them last night and take her present.
YS returned from Italy yesterday , he seemed to pack a lot in to the trip too.
I have worked this morning , repainted a piece of furniture too😊
Have a good weekend everyone!

Morning rosie, you have lots of fun things planned, I’m glad you are enjoying the motor home. Sorry the pain killers have not continued to work as you hoped, it must be very frustrating.

very sorry to hear about Inca Lovewine, fingers crossed that the surgery will be successful.

its a bright sunny day today after lots of lovely rain yesterday. The lawn is turning green and I haven’t had to water the borders or the veg beds for over a week now, which is a huge relief. Unfortunately the weekend looks dry and overcast so the worst of both worlds but I’m sure I will get stuff done in the garden.

my new sandals arrived early last week and I have been able to wear them to work. They are smart enough for work wear and very comfortable, I am delighted with them.

61048975-202F-42CB-B2F2-1B363597C589.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
The thread is very quiet trust everyone is ok?
I had a really good day on Wednesday and thought the Naproxen was going to keep my leg pain at bay but yesterday it was bad again!
DH and I walked along the river path to the theatre and it was further than we both thought! 😳 We took a taxi back! We met some of the local radio presenters and were interviewed during the interval!
Today we are going to the Motorhome show held at the Three Counties Showground near Malvern.
Tomorrow we are seeing MIL and we return to Cyprus on Monday!
You will all be glad that Friday is here and the weather tomorrow looks good, enjoy ladies!
One of DD’s friend’s has just been diagnosed with BC! 😢
Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!
Lovewine what a dreadful shock for your friend regarding poor Inca! Yes I have seen the Supervet perform this procedure and I wish he could have sorted me out! The dogs seem to recover really well!
The doctor prescribed me Naproxen with Omeprazole which is a gastric resistant to counteract any stomach issues! 🙀
We are going to the cinema tonight to see The Meg it’s not really my sort of film but I have to try to be fair to DH! 😔
Tomorrow we are meeting our friends at Upton on Severn for lunch and then we are taking them to see our motor home which isn’t stored too far away from Upton.
On Thursday we are going to a Children in Need production of Oliver at one of the local theatres in Worcester.
At some point we need to go and see MIL again so all in all quite busy! We are both dreading going back to the heat and stress on Monday! 😬
Hope the week is going well for you all!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , I am not enjoying the cooler weather either Rosie , my swinging chair is looking quite lonely in the garden at the moment😟.
YS is still in Italy until Thursday , he seems to have visited many places and really enjoying himself , he has picked us up a wheel of pecorino cheese which is most welcome😜!
My poor friend with Inca is struggling - my vet friend examined him on Thursday and wasn’t happy with his leg, he had a general anaesthetic yesterday and many x rays , they have been sent off to be examined by a super vet type specialist , but it looks like he has major problems with his elbows and will need both legs operated on( have seen Supervet do it on t.v).. something called OCD , it’s such bad luck too as she was very careful when looking at puppies and researched everything,
Rosie , hope the doctor could give you something for the leg pain . Do you have anything planned this week?
Have a good week ladies , Joan hope you manage with all the family coming , think the stress ball would be quite handy !!
Community Champion

Joan it sounds like you had a successful week with the GC I do hope this week will prove to be less stressful than you anticipate with the arrival of ED and partner! Maybe they will be happy to see their aunty?
The idea of a stress ball is very appealing! 😏
Not enjoying the change in weather although we were quite lucky overall with weather except for the last night when it hammered it down! 😟 We loved the scenery in the Lake District and will spend longer there touring next time.
Lisa lovely to hear from you and your plans! You will enjoy the camper van. Glad you are keeping well stay in touch from time to time; we do wonder how other ladies are doing that were part of our thread!
Lovewine I don’t suppose that you have spent much time in your swinging chair this weekend? Tues, Weds and Thurs look better weather wise this week.
Was Inca ok?
Is YS in Italy with his GF?
Cassie hope the workshop went well for GS and his therapy session and that ED is more stable.
Off to the doctors this morning to try and control pain in left leg! 😳

Community Champion

How exciting, you will have to compare notes on travelling with Rosie, who is also enjoying the open road!! Good for you in being brave enough to give up work and do what you want to do, am very envious. Any idea where you will explore first?
I am ok thankyou, lots of walking 🚶‍♀️ with dogs to keep fit, let us know how you get on with your travels!

Hi Lovewine - I'm good thanks, have finally just finished work (well I will do at the end of August) after completing the longest period of notice ever (about 18 months !) So, heading in a new direction of travelling in our new camper van and picking up some part time work and a few other new ventures to try and earn a bit of cash, but first a couple of months off planning what next. All good healthwise, finally got the menopausal symptons under control with the help of HRT so all in all life is good. How are you ?

Community Champion

Lisa, lovely to hear from you, how are you getting on ? Joan, last few days sounds very hectic for you, the week ahead sounds pretty full on too, enjoy the visit from ED and SIL, i think you will be exhausted by the end of it!

I have had a fairly quiet weekend, the weather is very different today, hoping summer returns next week for a while longer.

Rosie, hope you have had a nice trip back and enjoyed the Lake District, expect it was very busy there too.

Cassie and Wildpurl, hope you have both had a restful weekend.

Hi all,

Just popped in to see whether you are all still in touch with each other, I do think about you. You all look wonderfully well, hope you are all enjoying life to the full ?

Take care

Lisa

Quite a hectic week with all day at the playpark on Wednesday and all Friday at We Are Curious- a science based exploratory- on Friday. Both very successful as far as GC were concerned, and exhausting for us. GD has just messaged me with a picture of a  stress ball she has made with her mum. I’ve asked if she can make one for me! In Stratford yesterday for a production of the Merry Wives of Windsor which was very good fun and just the thing for a summers day. Chilling out today. Next week will be interesting because ED and partner are arriving on Wednesday for a few days holiday and we have the GC for two days again so iit wont be very restful for anybody.

Rosie, hope the trip contiinues to go well and that your knee isnt limiting you too much. 

What a change iin the weather! 

Community Champion

We left Newcastle yesterday and spent last night in the Lake District! Very pretty scenery and some narrow roads!😳
Lovewine we have a plan! 🧐
I will text you when back in Worcester!
No phone or 4 G last night! 😬
Community Champion

Rosie , I hope you are enjoying your travels , thinking of you in Newcastle 💐
I am waiting for my friend to pick me up with Inca - she has asked me to accompany her to see my vet friend to get him looked over as she’s concerned about his joints !!
Mum and dad have only just left , its a bit hectic this afternoon 😳.
Hope everyone is ok . Cassie hope the situation has settled down a little with ED and she has an appt soon.
Better get off as I can hear a car coming so I think it’s my friend .
Community Champion

Ladies 4 G not too good here! Joan so glad about your results!
Peak District lovely Lovewine!
Had a phone call from Surgery tonight asking me to make a routine app with a certain dr after TKR and X-rays!
Walked round Fountains Abbey somehow today!
Newcastle tomorrow!
Can only touch bas briefly until Monday!
Community Champion

Joan, i am so pleased for you , what a relief ! Definitely a better nights sleep tonight for you.

Good luck with the play park 😊

Cassie, i bought a scarf from the shop you mentioned several years ago, its close to the stall which makes the wonderful cakes with the iced figures! Hope all is well with ED and GS and he enjoyed the workshop today.

My YS is now in Italy and having a wonderful time, he has stayed in Pisa for a couple of nights and sent photos today of Siena cathedral which looks wonderful.

Rosie, how are you getting on travelling in the Peak District? My ES and DIL are going up to Ashbourne Peak District next weekend for DILs birthday , they are staying in a shepherds hut on a working farm and sounds very romantic!

Had the mammogram results today, all clear. Hopefully will sleep better tonight!

Fingers crossed for the therapy session Cassie. Great hes enjoying the workshop. 

Weather supposed to be cooler tomorrow so taking the GC to what I suppose is a play park with masses fir children to do outside and a soft play area inside. Horribly expensive but good for the occasional treat. 

Good morning ladies,

The top was from a little shop in the covered market called next to nothing lovewine.  GS is attending the workshop again today and then he has a therapy session lets hope it all goes well for him.