cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Morning ladies .
Rosie , hope you have enjoyed the cooler weather !! It’s certainly a shock after such a lovely summer , there was a frost yesterday at 7.00 a.m over the fields too. Hope you enjoyed catching up with your sister and also MIL.
A friend of mine is also looking into booking next years holiday around the Ty Coch area as it is so nice .
Joan , what a palaver at the theatre , not surprised you have developed a cough , hope you are feeling better today and can get sorted out for your trip on Saturday .
Our friend goes in for a lung biopsy tomorrow , consultant has said surgery and radiotherapy is not an option because of where the tumour is unfortunately , they will give him chemotherapy , until they get the full picture from biopsy they are not sure which type , I picked up some leaflets from Macmillan last week and also gave him a number to ring to make an appt - re finances and help. I don’t think the outcome looks very good , they have told the children , his wife is a good friend of mine and also cuts my hair , saw her last week and she is very positive and strong .
Dad also continues to struggle , he is still weak and frail , he has an appt next week to have a very strange procedure - he swallows a small tablet containing a camera and goes home and the camera travels through the body recording images onto a belt around his middle and then we return at 5.00 o’clock to hospital and belt removed and data analysed !! Nature then takes its course with the empty capsule 😮
Must say with my Dad and my friend I am feeling quite “ down in the dumps “.
Also YS leaving after a week doesn’t help , he is doing fine and quite happy which is a relief after last time !
Hope you are ok Cassie and GS is settling at school ok now .
Wildpurl , not so busy now with garden jobs now I should think .
Have a good day ladies .

Welcome back to the UK, Rosie. You will certainly have noticed its autumn here, with a vengeance. Shame about the plane delay but at least you didnt have a problem with your tickets not being valid. Hope you are now rested and had an enjoyable meeting with your sister.  Our Anglesey holiday isnt until next March but both OH and YD like to get things sorted well in advance.  

Lovewine, how are things with your dad? Glad you had a good evening with your family and that YS is OK about the breakup. What horrible news about your friend though. So young. Is he going to have treatment? 

Cassie and Wildpurl, hope all well with you. 

Had a rather strange trip to the theatre on Saturday. For the first time ever the Park and Ride let us down. Not their fault, huge delays on the road into Bath. When we got there, 10 minutes late, we were parked in the bar where there was a TV streaming the play. Not as you get in a proper streaming where you get closeups, clearly shot from the back of the auditorium. But better than nothing though it was a bit distracting because next to us was a woman being attended to by a St Johns Ambulance nurse, and about 30 other latecomers dribbled in, all having to have their tickets checked, being told where the loos were etc. 20 mins later one of the theatre staff started organising people into groups according to which part of the theatre they were going to be put in at the end of the first act. Some people quite cross they couldn’t have the seats they had booked because of the disruption it would cause, and one woman very cross because she would be in cheaper seats. We were among the last to be moved but missed the end of the act in the process. And then the play seemed even more puzzling than other ones by this particular author so at the end of it we really werent sure whether we were meant to be confused or whether it was because we had missed the bits which would have made it clear! The guy next to us, also a latecomer, just gave up and went to sleep. 

Got quite cold waiting for the bus and now have a horrid cold and cant stop coughing. OH plans to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight. Had to cancel what Iwas going to do today and tomorrow and cossetting myself in the hope it will have cleared by Saturday when we fly to Bologna. 

Community Champion

Hello ladies!
We arrived in Worcester at 12.35 am! The plane was delayed and we missed the 7pm train that we were booked onto! I was bricking it in case our ticket was checked and we were on the wrong train after my Oxford experience!😳Fortunately we got through on both trains and they weren’t checked!
Had to swap sandals at Reading for shoes and socks! 😱 20 degree drop!
Meeting my sister today in town and and seeing mother in law tomorrow!
Nice to have a family gathering Lovewine I hope that YS and OH mange to get the ivy down!
Hope that your dad is improving now he is home?
Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie I hope you arrived without too much hassle and you enjoy your trip 😊 weather is improving next week too!
Had a nice evening out with sons, DIL and OH last night at the local curry restaurant which was very good.
OH and YS have been trying to cut down some very invasive ivy all week but the wind and rain hasn’t helped while stuck up a ladder!
Have a good weekend everyone 😊
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Yes Joan the fires are in the hills surrounding our village! This is the time of year they are a problem with the tinder dry scrub and a wind wafting any flames!🙀 Usually started by cigarettes not being extinguished or locals lighting bonfires!🙀
The film Confessions of a Shopaholic wasn’t as good as the book.
When are you going on your family holiday to Anglesey? We are going a family holiday again in N Wales near the Ty Coch Inn. We are going from Aug 2 for a week.
Lovewine how bizarre that you stood behind a lady from Polis! It’s quite a sleepy town she certainly wouldn’t be able to purchase any Christmas presents!
What a shame about your friend across the road so young! 😢
Sounds like YS’s relationship wasn’t the one!
As Joan said at least he is not broken hearted as he was last time!
DH car is playing up so he has been using mine leaving me stranded! A mechanic is coming to look at it this am.
I haven’t driven a car in the UK since we left 10 years ago and I doubt that I ever will again. We will probably have to go down to one car here soon and if it’s too big I just won’t want to drive it! My dad drove well into his 80’s he wasn’t always safe though!😳

Community Champion

Evening ladies, lovely photo of the cocktail and the beach Rosie, hope the fires are under control now, i thought of you the other day, i was in Edinburgh woollen mill locally and chatted to a lady in the queue, she lives in Polis and was buying Christmas presents for her grandchildren!

Joan, enjoy your peaceful week, it makes a nice change to have some time to read , i have been too stressed over dad to concentrate, i have had a couple of disappointing reads though- latest one was called The wife between us.

Had some upsetting news today- our very good friends who live across the road came and told us today that he has been diagnosed with lung cancer- he is 44 . He had kidney cancer just before i was diagnosed, but he had it all removed along with the kidney and was given the all clear, yearly checks followed, a shadow was found on his lung recently, they have 2 children ages 12 and 8 .

YS is ok, had a long chat with him last night, he seems fine, said the split was amicable, but he just didnt put the effort he should have into the relationship and felt they didnt have much to talk about, or much in common.

Good news that your dad is home, Lovewine, I hope he soon recovers his strength. Sorry to hear about YS’s relationship but maybe its for the best and from what you’ve said, without the trauma of last time. I’m getting increasingly nervous about motorways too, on our journey up to London on Sunday we saw a very long articulated lorry overturned on the other carriageway and when we came back 9 hours laterthe motorway was still closed with a long tailback so had a long diversion and got back late. Had to go on the motorway the next morning to get to my Qi Gong class and   really needed it by the time I got there.

cassie, you will be relieved that GS has had a better week at school. Well done him for getting the positives. Hope this week also goes well.

Rosie, beautiful view from behind your birthday cocktail. And dramatic views of the firefighting. I think last year there were really bad forest fires which came quite close to you. Has that happened this year? Are you enjoying your Confessions of a Shopoholic. I have been gorging on detective novels and just downloaded the new Cormoran Strike one. Feel very guilty because it was more than I normally allow myself and although I should keep it for going on holiday I dont think it will last that long. 

Nothing much happening this week. Just booked next years annual holiday with the family, in Anglesey. And looking forward to going away at the end of the month. 

Community Champion

Birthday cocktail followed by forest fire pictures we passed coming back from Polis on Sunday! There was another yesterday! 🙀

The helicopter dips the bucket into the sea for water and releases it over the fire! They are more effective than the fire engine!😄

Community Champion

E0BF820B-71B0-4E6B-8873-B42606900B67.jpeg

Community Champion

A4F063C5-888B-4638-9A74-C384F9E143D0.jpeg

Community Champion

18F324A1-F8AC-45E0-966D-6AA3A43BFF7A.jpeg

Community Champion

40DCAAB6-F097-4F34-A077-3DA70DFD4420.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I hope that your YS arrived safely enjoy your time with him.
Good idea to get your parents shopping delivered!
It’s dark here until 6.15am and sunset is before 7.00pm! The pool has dropped to 29 now the days are getting shorter! Still very warm in the day!😓
Counting the days now to our road trip! After the air and rail trip!🙄
Hope the week is going well for you all!
Community Champion

Morning ladies , can’t believe it’s not quite light yet and it’s 6.30, not looking forward to dark morning dog walks 🐶😮
YS arrives late morning , OH has booked a weeks holiday so that’s quite nice , he will collect him from Rugby train station , I am working , don’t mind too much though .
Dad doing ok , am hoping he can regain some strength as he is very frail .
I have ordered their groceries online from Asda again this week , same as I do for my Aunt !
Rosie , a day to yourself will be nice , I enjoy it when I can have a day pleasing yourself ! Enjoy the stir fry !
Cassie , good GS is doing ok , it’s such a big thing starting a different school, hope he continues to do well.
Joan have you much planned this week? Think you are off to Italy soon !?
Wildpurl I hope things are ok with you.

Good Morning Ladies,

Very belated happy birthday Rosie.Glad your Dad is able to come home Lovewine and I hope that the hospital can keep him comfortable. ED seems to have calmed down a bit regarding GS starting secondary school, GS has had four incidents two good two negative he has had one positive for good behaviour in french and one for good work in art. The second negative one was apparently a child threw a pen at GS head which he denies he said the pen was scraped across his hand, it sounded like something and nothing, over enthusiastic children taking equipment to use at the same time, GS was not bothered although if I know him he probably protested loudly at the time, he is very sensitive.

Off for a dog walk shortly, have a good week ladies x

Community Champion

Lovewine I am so pleased to hear that your dad is home and that YS will be home for a good stretch! At least he doesn’t appear broken hearted as he was when they split first time! Lovely to get him to yourself for a few days. I expect that your parents will enjoy seeing him also!
We are meeting our friends who live in Polis today! There is a traditional taverna near them that does a mean pork kebab!😋
DH off to Nicosia tomorrow and won’t be back till very late so I have downloaded - Confessions of a Shopoholic!I have read most of the books in this series by Sophie Kinsella.
I will cook myself a stir fry all in the wok with a little rice on the side. DH is not a lover of stir fry nor one pan meals!😄. Well the rice pan won’t need much cleaning will it? So that doesn’t count!😉
Have a relaxing Sunday ladies! Enjoy your meet up Joan!
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Happy to report dad came home yesterday, not without its stresses though- we were called by hospital early afternoon saying he was ready to be discharged, we were still sitting waiting 5 hours later, mainly for dads tablets. I finally got him home at 8.30 p.m .
He is still very weak and tired and has to return for a CT scan and colonoscopy shortly, it has been a very stressful week.
Joan, i saw the M5 crash on the news, how awful, I actually have a phobia of motorways, i know it sounds silly, but I developed it in my 20s, i dont mind spiders or the usual phobias, but i hate motorways, we have to use the M5 to get to Cornwall every year, i have tried everything to help, nothing works, if all is stable with dad then we go to cornwall the beginning of October.
YS is back home tomorrow night until next weekend, planned many weeks ago, he was coming on his own for a week of relaxing and reading, he told me yesterday he has split up with GF, i am sorry to hear this, not that surprised though, he seems ok when i spoke to him , he said all very amicable, Will fill me in when he gets home he said😏.
Rosie, i love the Lake District too, it will be lovely to explore the area more.
Cassie and Wildpurl hope all is well with you both.
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan thank you for your birthday wishes also!
It’s a year I have been dreading as my mother had BC and it spread and she died at 63!😔 On the other hand my dad lived to be 93! Joan I don’t want to be a burden to anyone either and I don’t think I could cope with DH having dementia! Nursing someone to get bettter is one thing but a deteriorating condition you need to be a saint!
Have a great catch up with your college friends and visit to the theatre!😃
Lovewine hope the weekend will give you some rest and that your dad is improving. Maybe even home!🤔
Cassie hope that GS had a better week at school?
Wildpurl are you on top of the garden?
We are looking forward to Friday and our return to the UK! Heading to Lake District in motorhome!

Lovewine, what a wearing and worrying week you have had. Its good news that the doctor is pleased with your dad’s progress. Have they managed to find out what caused the bleed? You mentioned your dad having been on Warfarin. Isnt that supposed to thin the blood? Hope the new meds  are better. 

Rosie, an even more belated happy birthday. OH obviously felt very guilty about forgetting last year.  Balloons and cake too. Hope the dentists appts were OK. We go to Bologna on the 29th and I am certainly hoping it is still reasonably warm, though hopefully not hot. As you know I dont do hot.

cassie, has GS had a better week. Did the school do anything about the bullying? 

yesterday didnt work out as we had planned. We had arranged to visit a very elderly relative in Exeter late afternoon so thought we would make a day of it- set off in the morning, visit a church we have wanted to see for a while, have lunch at a National Trust property and wander round the garden. Sadly, there was the most awful accident on the M5, which resulted in part of the M5 being closed for 10 hours and a tailback for miles. So we were stuck for nearly four hours. Coming back in the evening going north we saw that the tailback going south was even longer, which we were surprised about, I woukd have expected diversions to be in place by then but presumably there was so much traffic it wasnt possible.

Fortunately we did at least manage to see our relative although that was also very sad- he’s 95 and has dementia as well as being quite deaf and partially sighted. Fortunately he has family living with him and I take my hat off to them for what they are coping with. I am going to tell my daughters though that they should put me in a home long before I get to that point, I dont want them to have that burden. Interestingly I remember my mother saying that to me as well, although she died of a thrombosis while she still had all her faculties. 

Sorry if all this sounds a bit gloomy. Im not really and I’m looking forward to an enjoyable weekend with theatre tomorrow and a trip to London on Sunday to meet up with 4 college friends and their partners for lunch. Just bought some evil chocolates from our local chocolatier as my contribution. Theyre tied up so nicely that fortunately I cant open them to check they’re OK! 

Hope you all have good weekends too. 

Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine for the birthday wishes!
I am glad to hear that your dad has improved a bit and that the doctor is pleased overal with his progress!
I do hope that you will be able to get away to Cornwall as planned, was it this month? Good job your Menorca trip is done and dusted not so easy to get back when it involves a flight!
DH and I both have the dentist today! I lost a huge piece of a back tooth 2 weeks ago so I will be pleased to get it sorted! 🙄
Joan when are you off to Italy? You may need your summer clothes!
It is still in the low 30’s here.
I have just come back from walking the dog and the flies on the walk are a constant nuisance!😡 I get at least 8 at a time landing on my arms and face they try to get inside your nose and mouth 🙀I feel like a camel!
Have a good Friday ladies!

Community Champion

Morning ladies, a belated happy birthday Rosie, sounds like a lovely evening 😊
I have been backwards and forwards to the hospital every day this week. Am going this afternoon too, i feel frazzled😳, dad seemed to improve a bit , but when I visited yesterday he seemed very tired and had developed a urine infection, which hasn’t helped, the doctor though seems pleased with his progress and is starting him on a newer drug instead of warfarin which hopefully will be more tolerable.
Have been working too, its been fairly steady this week which has been a relief!
Community Champion

Lovewine I am hoping that everything is ok your end?🤔
It seems to be the month for sick fathers!😢 our Principal lost his dad last week and has to fly back early next week for the funeral. One of our key worker’s dad has a brain tumour and he has been called back, he is in his final days. It is so difficult being 2000 miles away at times like this! As you know I got on a plane to go and see my dad the night I had finished rads and if I hadn’t I wouldn’t have seen him again!😔
It was my birthday yesterday and DH made a big effort this year as he forgot it last year!
We went for a cocktail at a beach bar and then on to the Chinese on Coral Bay. He had sorted out balloons and a cake! 😘
Ladies hope all is well with you all stay strong!
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine how are things with you dad? I am sure that your mum and sister are very grateful for lifts to the hospital and of course at the moment your priority is your dad!
I do hope the consultant has now found the issue. A very worrying time for you! 😔
Hopefully OH is looking after you and cooking your meals.
DH is much better thank goodness my patience was wearing very thin!😬
The dog was sick overnight and chose the only rug in the place!😡 She seems fine DH had let her nibble from a pork chop bone and he shouldn’t have done!
Another busy day here interviewing extra staff and trying to sort out some class issues!
Do hope this week is better for GS Cassie my little french GS is struggling with nursery bless him! There are 30 children one teacher and one assistant all aged 2.75 - nearly 4!😢

Unfortunately Lovewine GS does not really make friends Woman Sad

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Cassie I am so glad all is well at your appointment - it is still stressful when these appointments come along .
Poor GS too , I despise bullying and hope things settle down at school for him , secondary school can be very difficult for a lot of children , my ES is a sensitive person and he was picked on for a while , fortunately he found his own little circle of friends and things calmed down - but he couldn’t wait to leave and he did his A levels at a sixth firm college instead of his school- just as well really as he met his lovely wife at the college and then they went to Sheffield Uni together 😊
Rosie , hope the patient is recovering now 😮, I expect DH has run himself ragged with the school and this is what happens - I am not a very good nurse so I hope you are coping !
Most of the weekend has been spent visiting the hospital . I thought dad looked much better yesterday but he has lost so much weight - I hope maybe when the consultants are back on the wards today we may see what’s happening , I do feel very worried and trying to keep mum’s spirits up too- neither mum or sister can drive so I am taking them in with me every day - which I don’t mind of course , but can be difficult coordinating !
Joan , a friend of mine is also visiting Bologna at the end of the month ! She is only going for a long weekend and booked it last week!
Have a good week ladies - not quite sure what to expect with mine 😏.

Lovewine, I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad, what a worry for you. I hope he is feeling a bit better after the blood transfusion and that they can soon identify what has caused the bleeding and stop it. How fortunate  that he got back home from Suffolk though, it would have been even more of a nightmare if he had been taken into hospital there. Good news about your appointment, hopefully you will feel less anxious about the mammogram. 

Cassie, good news about your appointment too. And reassuring -I imagine- that you will be followed up for another 5 years. How upsetting for all of you that GS’s first few days at school have been so difficult. It sounds as if the school are taking it seriously though; I hope they are able to identify the bullies and tackle it robustly. 

Rosie, what a relief that in the end things came together for the start of term, although it was obviously a bit of a cliffhanger. Not surprising really that OH has gone down with bronchitis, hope he is starting to get better. Good luck with the TLC! 

I’ve had an  uneventful week, sat at my computer most of the time. Managed to get some much needed gardening done yesterday and today - the weather has been very kind, the rain mainly came overnight, although to look at the soil you wouldnt know we’d had any. Run out of steam a bit today, we were ‘babysitting’  ‘ last night and didnt get home till nearly 1. Hoped that might mean waking up later but oh no, 5.30 as usual! Had a pleasurable afternoon though reading up about Bologna for our holiday there at the end of the month. I did start trying to learn Italian last year but sort of lapsed so as usual will be relying on one of the couple we are going with who is a very good linguist and can converse in several languages. Very handy but makes the rest of us rather lazy.

hope the week goes well for  you all. I shall be largely computer bound again but one or two other things to relieve the tedium. 

Community Champion

Cassie just had a quick search and there are plenty of ideas chose this as it was pictorial!
Do hope he has a better week!

Community Champion

2A29DEB0-5658-4055-A52E-A84526B03375.png

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I am glad that you had the all clear, one less thing to worry about!
Hopefully that will give you reassurance for the mammogram?
At least your dad is in the right place and they are on the case! He should feel much brighter after the blood transfusion!
DH slept most of yesterday and was still extremely grumpy! I had to shop and prepare all the meals and change the sweaty bed sheets! He seems a little better this am I would rather be I’ll myself than have a very grumpy patient! 😬
Cassie children are very cruel and will pick on vulnerable children and take delight in it! ED needs to try and keep calm and give GS strategies for coping unfortunately secondary school is very tough on kids and they have to learn resilience.
I will see if I can find any useful websites that may be of help to both ED and GS!
Hope you all have a good Sunday, especially you Lovewine!

Morning Ladies,

Lovewine so sorry to hear that your Dad is poorly I hope they find out where the bleeding is soon and he can start to feel better. It must have been tiring with the two hospitals, but I am glad your appointment was all OK, I had my appointment with the surgeon on Weds too and managed to get to the appointment, buy a coffee on the way in and get back to work within an hour, all was well.The surgeon said they will follow me up for another 5 years as I was part of the target trial, although they randomly did not use me for the new direct radiology treatment they still like to compare my out come with others.

Sorry OH is unwell Rosie, they do generally go about like a bear with a sore head although I have not been in a relationship for some time now I as you know grew up with three brothers and my father, he never admitted to even feeling ill unless a hospital admission was needed!! Did not want to be any bother.

GS struggled for the first two days and ED was freaking out about it I did my best to calm her down but an older boy has apparently called GS names and GS was very upset, the school said they would look at CCTV to identify the culprit, fingers crossed. It is a worry because GS is so innocent in some ways for his years.

Have a good weekend ladies x

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie, I had my appt yesterday at the Breast care unit with the surgeon and no lumps detected and she was happy and so was I 👍😊!!
Have mammogram in about 4 weeks, we left that hospital and drove into the city centre to the Royal Infirmary to join mum , sister and BIL with Dad , he had a blood transfusion and then he was taken for an endoscopy which was fine- they still don’t know where the bleeding is coming from though 😬, so it was a stressful day with two hospitals , got home about 8,00 p.m from leaving at 12 o’clock!
Rosie , hope DH improves with his bronchitis today and he’s not as grumpy ,my OH is exactly the same too,
Have a nice weekend ladies , mine is back at the hospital I think !
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I do hope that things have improved with your dad what a very worrying time. Did you go for your appointment yesterday?
I do hope things will settle down for a bit and you have a more relaxing weekend!
Joan I expect that your GC are back at school now hope they have settled well. Cassie I hope that your GS hasn’t found the
move too traumatic! I am right in thinking he was starting secondary school aren’t I.?
DH has bronchitis fortunately I packed him off to the doctor yesterday he was like a bear with a sore head and was shouting about decisions that had been changed and ranting and raving- it was nothing to do with me I was the sounding block!🙀 He can hardly talk today his throat is very sore!😏
Wildpurl I suppose you are busy harvesting your fruit and veg ready for the winter?
Community Champion

Good morning Lovewine what an absolute nightmare you are having! I hope the specialist will find a solution for his problem!
Thinking of you! 💐
Community Champion

Morning ladies , an eventful 24 hours here - Mum and Dad and family cane home 2 days early as Dad not well at all - we had to call 999 last night as he was drifting into unconciousness and I honestly thought his time had come , after many hours at the hospital it appears he has internal bleeding from the gastric area , he sees a specialist this morning so we will know more then .
Hope everyone is ok , Rosie , what a busy time with the GC and their first days 😊 hope they all settle in well !
Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!
Joan glad to hear that you enjoyed the play and had the pleasure of seeing the young dishy young actor in the cafe!
We saw Lesley Joseph, Birds of a Feather, in the theatre in Plymouth and Hayley Mills in a coffee shop in Covent Garden!
I like the sound of the blackberry muffins made by your YD and GD!😜
Lovewine a lovely picture of your parents! How relaxed your dad looks the break is obviously doing him good!
Well what a week it has been here already! 48 hours ago school was nowhere ready to open! Fortunately the staff all pulled together and we opened this morning more or less in order!
All the GC have now all started their different phases of school! One in 6th form, one started secondary, one started middle school, one started YR 3 at First School and the youngest stared Nursry! I have had all the first day photographs sent!☺️

Community Champion

AF97E355-7188-4D51-A32D-8898BEAE1B37.jpeg

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Rosie, i hope things have settled down at school a little bit now as the week has gone on, I expect you will be looking forward to coming back to Worcester later in the month for some cooler weather and your last road trip of the summer!

Joan, the latest book isn’t a crime or murder  novel, more a thriller, i know what you mean about the dreams sometimes though!

I have my surgeon appointment on friday and the mammogram hasnt been sent out yet, due to be the middle of October.

I went with my friend to the vet to get Inca checked over after his operation and get his dressings changed, i bribed him with treats and he was very well behaved!

My sister sent a photo of mum and dad at the holiday cottage, they look very settled, hopefully they will feel refreshed after some sea air!

i have been very busy as i thought😮

Cassie, glad you enjoyed your stay in Brighton, although it’s a pity about the noise. I guess its almost inevitable in such a lively place. I tend to take earplugs with me now, even though I hate them. You certainly had a busy time, but hopefully it was relaxing as well. Re the swimming, its such a pity when teachers cant adapt their methods to the child. My GD loves the water and has no problem putting her face in the water but cant manage the breathing when doing the crawl. As a result she puts her feet down after a few strokes. And they dont teach breast stroke.  I think if she had been allowed to learn the way we didwhen I was a child , ie breast stroke with chin out of the water - at least she would be able to swim - even if she looked like an old lady trying to keep her cigarette dry (cant remember the name of the comedienne who made that joke although I can visualise her. Hopefully you are having a less stressful time at work this week now that the IT is sorted out. What a palaver. 

Rosie, at the risk of sounding even more like  a grumpy old woman, Im rather with you on the weddings and honeymoon thing. My daughter didnt have a honeymoon because GD was only 5 months old - they dudnt plan that very well. We did but we were both broke so booked a self catering cabin in Scotland which turned out to be even less glamorous than we had expected, not much bigger than a large shed at the bottom of someones garden! And I dont think hen dos had been invented. You do seem to be having an exceltionally busy time at school at the moment for one reason and another. Hope it calms diwn soon.

Lovewine, good that your parents managed to get away. The place they are staying sounds wonderful. I imagine it is quite flat around there and it looks as if the weather will be dry so it would be a good opportunity for your dad to try out his scooter, but I can understand his reluctance.  You didn’t  say when you were seeing the surgeon this week, i know you will be glad to get it over with. When is your mammogram? Will look up the book you mentioned. Think I might need to give thrillers a rest though, my dreams last night all seemed to about murders. 

we had a nice weekend. The play was stunning, funny and brilliantly performed by a very experienced actress -if anybody remembers she was the lady of the manor in Lovejoy- and a young, rather dishy young man who should go far. It was an extra treat afterwards when he came into the cafe we went into afterwards so my friend and I could drool a bit more.  Sunday we gardened then went across to YDs to take their dog back and catch up. GD and YD had made some delicious blackberry muffins- they have loads of blackberries in their garden so we all picked some for us to bring home. I didnt make anything adventurous, just stewed them with apples but it made a nice pud- and a couple of breakfasts. 

Community Champion

Good Afternoon ladies!
Pity about the noise interruption on your break Cassie! Did you complian? They may reimburse you!
When I taught swimming to non swimmers we blew bubbles on the water and they soon got their faces wet!😂 We also had some little fried egg shaped coloured plastic shapes that could be blown and flipped across the water!
Glad to hear that all your IT is up and working we all rely on it so much now!
Lovewine I can’t believe that you’re friend didn’t see anyone she recognised form the program. Maybe she will see someone next time she visits? Thank goodness she took Pet Insurance!😅
So glad that your dad was able to go away on the holiday! Let’s hope he will use his scooter!
Life is still manic here and the temperature it up over 40 again! Not the sort of temperatures you want for moving furniture around and getting classrooms organised! I went in at 8 and escaped at 1.00pm feeling extremely wilted 🥀!
The Principal’s father died in the early hours so he is having to go back to the U.K. for a while! So everyone is having to step up a notch to help!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , can’t believe September is here already and I have seen the dreaded Christmas cards and paper in the stores 🙀!!
I agree with today’s weddings- a few of my clients daughters recently married and the hen “dos” were usually a week in Greece or Ibiza etc, several married in stately homes and some in vineyards in Italy !
My first wedding when I was 21 was in the village church and then a brief visit to north Devon ( I divorced when I was 23 !) second to my OH when I was 26 in a registery office in Nottingham followed by one night in a hotel !
Rosie , Inca did go to the actual Supervet surgery in Cambridgeshire , he was referred there by my vet friend , she wasn’t filmed and didn’t see anyone she recognised though , poor Inca , he’s had both front legs shaved and operated on and goes back next week to have the 2nd metal plate put in, each leg has cost £4,000 each 😬, thankfully she has pet insurance !
Cassie , shame about the noise spoiling your break , I haven’t been to Brighton for many years , I know it is very lively though , glad you packed a lot in , it was a lovely day here yesterday too, hope you enjoyed the sunshine before returning to work .
I also have an appointment this week with the surgical team for annual check up , I have alternate years with oncology and surgeon .
Joan , I expect you will be busy this week with work and GC .. I have started a new book called “The Wife between us “which is proving to be quite good .
The weather looks quite nice for my mum and dad and sister and BIL for Suffolk , hope it stays that way , they are staying in a converted mill which is in a village called Snape close to Aldeburgh and it looks very nice and just what they need - I am not convinced though that Dad will be persuaded to use his new mobility scooter😮!
Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning Ladies,

The break in Brighton was nice but spoilt by the noise from the traffic and revelers the hotel did not have double glazing ! We had an action packed few days a boat trip, a visit to Sea life center, a couple of trips to the pier, a morning of swimming or more trying to teach GS, bless him he is not quite there yet, his school insisted that all children had to put there faces under the water that prevented him from trying, such a shame.

We had a couple of really nice evening meals one in a sea food restaurant next to the beach which we enjoyed very much a restaurant called Riddle & Finns.

It is a lovely sunny day here today, I am going out shortly with YD to a street food brunch event in Shoreditch which should be nice in the sunshine. YD is off the Ibiza in the week with some work friends for a few days.

I hope Inca improves soon Lovewine bless him, its so awful when animals are ill especially when they are so young. I agree Rosie on the honeymoon subject, I think it makes couples just expect too much, what are they meant to aspire to for the rest of their time together if they have everything at once at the beginning, nothing will feel like a treat or exciting. My honeymoon was 40 years ago next year, a week in Majorca paid for by my father in law which was very generous of him as a wedding present. The hen party was a meal in a greek retaurant near Tottenham court Road, with my mum and future mother in law and a few friends we managed to hitch a lift home in a Rolls Royce afterwards, not to be recommended especially these days but there was seven of us. It was all very innocent and probably the only time any of us had ever done anything like that.

I am glad all is well with your check up Wildpurl, you have been very productive as usual, I have a check up with the surgeon next week and the oncologist I think next March which will be the last one, fingers crossed.

Have a lovely weekend Ladies what ever you are doing, the IT was working after a huge effort last Wednesday the decorators had unplugged everything including a router which went up in smoke when reconnected, we got a new one ordered within a day, it took two days to get up a running again though, with IT dragging their heels the first engineer that came just ordered the new router and left, not checking any of the cables or anything we have 5 PC's three scanners and the telephone system and hub plus a large photocopier and fax machine on the top floor and  so many cables it's hard even for the engineers to sort out they upgrade but do not take the old cable boxes and cables away plus everything is behind a heavy desk, nightmare !

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan the Next linen dress is very distinctive and comes in about 8 different patterns and colours! I have seen many of them walking about in the U.K. also!
Hope you enjoyed your play and your friends Golden Wedding celebrations.sometimes lower key events are the most enjoyable. It’s the same with weddings! I can never understand why couples spend thousands for one day and then have a very expensive honeymoon! Non of our children had a honeymoon, 2 of them had one night in a hotel. DH sold his drum kit so we could afford 5 days in Newquay! We couldn’t afford the week!😂
Hen and stag do’s are also becoming holidays rather than a few drinks! 😮
Lovewine did Inca go to the actual Fitzpatrick vets? I do hope poor Inca will improve quickly they seem to get the animals up and running in no time at all! I keep saying it I would have liked to gone to Fitzpatrick. I would be up and away and doing the great north run by now!🤣
It sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday preceded by retail therapy!😄
Ladies enjoy the remainder of the weekend.
It is very humid here this morning I was out with the dog just after 6 I am dripping must go for a shower.😓

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, what a beautiful day it has been today, summer has returned.

Rosie,i hope the stress of school issues settles down , especially with those hot temperatures which certainly do not help! I think our Next dresses were the buy of the summer !

Wildpurl, great news your check up was good, i love the sound of your pesto and ratatouille,p.

Joan, hope you enjoyed the theatre and the party this evening, are your GC back at school next week?

OH worked this morning, i did some shopping and bought a nice top from Fat face. This afternooni drove the dogs to a beautiful walk along a canal and valley, it was so peaceful and I didn’t see any one at all, then OH cooked  a chicken green thai curry when he got home this evening which was very nice indeed.

My friends dog Inca was at Supervets yesterday , although he didn’t see the actual Supervet!!  He had surgery on both front legs, for elbow dysplacia😬, she collected him this afternoon and hes very sorry for himself.

Cassie, hope you are having a nice weekend too.

What a lovely poem Rosie. My dad used to write poetry too. After he died, and we were planning the funeral, I found his notebooks and discovered one I hadnt seen before which was about his death. I read that out at the funeral though still not quite sure how I got through it without breaking down. He was also a good cook like your dad and Lovewines though he never tackled puddings. That was definitely my mothers domain. Glad the pool is sorted. The fact that the Next dress is so popular shows what a good buy it was. But it is always disconcerting when someone else is wearing the same outfit as you. My funniest experience was many years ago at a celebration for EDs 18th birthday. I had bought a three piece floral floaty outfit with big shocking pink flowers on it. (I know, but it was the 80’s). Opened the front door and daughters godmother was wearing exactly the same thing! She was about the same size as me too. I hope things start to settle down with school. You certainly have a lot going on. 

Lovewine, good news that your dad is recovering. Fingers crossed he is well enough to go to Suffolk. Hope you have managed to get through the work and have an easier week to look forward to.

Wildpurl, good news about your checkup. And that you should be discharged next year. Sounds like you are going to be busy making use of all your produce. 

Cassie, hope things have been easier at your work and you have a good weekend.

I’ve had a pretty dull week, mainly trying to progress a research report I am writing. It has certainly helped not having two days in the week taken up with childcare duties though. Busy day today with theatre this afternoon-a play based on an episode in the life of Patricia Highsmith, the crime novelist- then a party celebrating the golden wedding of some close friends. We were able to pass on spare balloons from our much lower key event. Tomorrow will be gardening then returning YDs dog and seeing the GC. Next week life returns to normality. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
The weekend again although here at the moment it is another working day!😟 Staff are due in school Monday, primary parents are invited to a meet the teacher event on Tuesday and all pupils return on Wednesday!
It has been chaos and still remains so. Decorator is touching up, cleaner did a deep clean then the decorator rubbed down all over the place creating dust!🙀Add to this the pest control spraying and a band of people trying to sort uniform, admissions and consortium arriving! Not to mention timetabling some teachers trying to get their classrooms sorted amongst a myriad of other tasks! Add 34 degrees of heat when you go between buildings a recipe for frayed tempers!😡😓🙀😬😮😟 even 🤬!
The next few days don’t promise to be any calmer!
Wildpurl very good news about your visit to the surgeon! I guess we will all be signed off next year our 5th anniversary!
How satisfying to have grown all the veg in your ratatouille!
Lovewine hope next week won’t be so busy for you and hope you manage to get a relaxing weekend.
Cassie hope you ED and GS benefitted from your break?
Joan are you visiting the theatre this weekend?

Afternoon everyone, it is sunny and pleasant here. I have done some pattern cutting, blocked my shawl and been swimming, but no gardening today.

Yesterday I had my checkup with the breast surgeon, all is well and apparently if all is well next year I will be discharged and will not have to have any more checkups.

OH's youngest is here today as tomorrow he gets driven back to uni for his final year. Gosh where did that time go?!

I am making ratatouille this evening using almost entirely veg from the garden, I will shortly go and pick an aubergine from the greenhouse.

It is quite autumnal here, the nights have been pleasantly cooler. It is nice to have a sunny weekend though. I have washing on the line and am planning to make pesto tomorrow to use up most of my basil and to pick blackberries on Sunday so I can make blackberry and apple jam and crumble filling.

Community Champion

Good morning the last day of August!
Yes Lovewine dad was very good in his day at cooking simple hearty meals he did a mean liver and onions!😜 He used to write poems about life’s ups and downs often with an air of poignancy!
Oh dear jumpers! 🙀 Yesterday there were 3 staff in school all with the Next dressses on! The day before one of the administrators and I both turned up in the yellow one! 🤣
I do hope that your dad will be well enough to go away next week it would certainly be very good for your mum!
Cassie hope your Brighton spa break provides you with some much needed relaxation!
Joan I guess GC are back to school next week?
Hope you all have a good weekend!
We have a new pool pump so all good with the pool!👍
Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie what a beautiful poem , your dad was very talented , also a good cook too by the sound of it ! Sadly my Next dresses have been packed away and my long sleeved tops and jumpers have appeared again 😬
I have been exceptionally busy with work and today the same - combination of the bank holiday and the return of some clients from extended holidays .
Dad is slowly picking up , still very frail though , he is supposed to be going with my sister etc to Suffolk next week , really hoping he can make it as it will do him and my Mum good to have a break.
Cassie , I hope you have a relaxing break in Brighton 😊 you certainly need it after the problems you have had at work .
Joan , how is your week going without GC duty !?
Wildpurl , a nice short week for you , expect you will be busy at this time of year in your garden.
It looks like the weekend weather is going to be quite nice .. enjoy it everyone😊
Community Champion

650B25B6-420A-4EED-A6F0-488942BB7382.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning!
Lovewine my dad used to make a mean damson crumble and also blackberry and apple! 😜 With the ripeneing of these fruits a real sign that autumn is round the corner! Before we left the U.K. I noticed the rosebay willow herb was going wispy with white hair! My dad always used to tell me it was the last wild flower of summer. He often wrote poems of which my sister has most of them! He wrote one about the rosebay willow herb and likened ift to his life! My sister read it out at his funeral!
Another day of meetings today and trying to place children into classes!
Still stonkingly hot here! 😓 I expect you have put your Next dresses away Lovewine? I am still wearing mine thank goodness I purchased the size bigger so they are loose!🙄