61172members
322551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Cassie I am so sorry you have had all this worry to deal with and such a scare for you too , you must have been out of your mind with worry - hoping ED gets the help she needs .

The mammogram sounds awful , they are painful but that is dreadful to feel that much pain 

Rosie I was thinking yesterday it must be DDs friends funeral soon😢, what a dreadful day for your DD and the poor ladies family and friends . 

I had a text from a lady I went through treatment with who lives in the county , we had our operations on the same day , chemo etc at same time - she asked me to ring her as soon as i could which I immediately did - she was crying and very upset , she has found another lump just below the original cancer. She went to the GP who has sent her as an emergency back to the Breast clinic, I am keeping everything crossed it’s a harmless  lump.. she found the lump 5 years to the day since she found her original one .

Anyway I am feeling quite deflated with that news and of course the ongoing treatment of our very good friend who I see most days - he has bought a brand new car which is coming on Saturday , his mortgage and life assurances have been cashed in , so I don’t blame him enjoying his last few months while he can - he’s fit and well at the moment ( to look at on  the outside ) the chemo pills he takes daily are not giving him side effects either , when I look at him I can’t believe he’s so ill 🙁.

I was going into the city today to find a birthday present for my niece , but I must admit I can’t be bothered with all that’s going on - so online shopping will do !

Hope Cassie your weekend is calmer , Joan have you anything planned ? Are you able to do short trips out ? 

Wildpurl , think we are having a mild weekend with 16 degrees so I may do some tidying up in the garden !

Rosie , hope the sunshine appears again soon and you won’t need your warm cardigans 🌞!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Gosh Cassie I see what you mean about traumas! 😬🙀

I gather for now that BF is back on the scene and helping out with GS. It seems that GS was spared by her thoughtless action as he was with you whilst she was away in a hotel with BF. The sickness would have certainly been from the overdose. Do you know what and how much she took? Cassie I am so sorry that you have had such a frightening ordeal. Form the sound of things it sounds as if the dust has settled for the moment. I do hope that you have a restful stress free weekend! 😏

We has quite a bit of rain yesterday and it is forecast on and off until Monday! I had to wear my one and only thick jumper I have here I should have bought a couple more back! 🥶

It’s DD’s friends funeral today!😢

Friday today ladies hope you all have a good weekend!

Oh Cassie, what an awful time you have been having. Big hugs.  The mammogram sounds horrible. We all know they are really uncomfortable but this was clearly of a different order. And such a worry about your ED. Its interesting though that while she may not have wanted you in the ambulance, it was you she called, twice. You are clearly her rock, even though at times she might not want to acknowledge that. Thank heavens she didnt do herself any serious damage. It also sounds like BF is sticking by her, despite the row which precipitated her action.  I hope she gets some professional help as well though. Thinking of you. 

I lost one very long post and now don't seem to be asked to prove I am not a robot or to log in anymore!

Good Evening Ladies,

I had my yearly mammogram today and it was incredibly painful, the worst yet my ribs and boobs feel bruised they did 5 in all as one was not satisfactory it was so bad it made my eyes water.

ED went away for the weekend and had some kind of a bust up with BF, I had a call in the early hours of Saturday morning which I missed and then a hysterical ED on voicemail saying she did not know where BF was and her phone had stopped working so she had no way to contact him or me. I googled the hotel and rang her room back, I could get no sense from her, except she was leaving in a cab to come home at 4.30am i the morning. She would not listen to reason about waiting until the morning about her safety or to go to bed and travel in the morning. The long and the short of it was while I dropped GS off with his other nan, did shopping for my friend for the weekend, ED took a huge overdose then rang me on the house phone to say she needed help, I did not know what with. The phone was then hung up, I could not get through until an ambulance man answered. I got a cab to ED but could not get passed the intercom door until another resident let me in and then I could not find anyone home, nightmare I decided to go back down to ambulance and luckily they were there, they asked me to get in the front and ED went berserk saying she wanted to get out, which they let her and it seems she did not want me there so I was asked to leave of course I did because I wanted her to go to hospital to get help. I have never felt so helpless.  ED got home to her flat after midnight and has felt ill since vomiting and having stomach pains so I called every couple of hours to make sure she was OK it was difficult to know if it was the overdose or a bug but very stressful while at work. I am not sure how it will all turn out but ED seems a little better today she has been out of the house at least, BF took GS to school Tues and Weds ED took him today.

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Cassie I hope your traumas settle down soon! Life isn’t very easy sometimes. Wishing you a better day!

Lovewine thanks for info on lipomas I am hoping these are what she has. Have discovered 2 at the moment. She seems healthy apart from being overweight! 😳 She will be 9 in May!

What a frustration for your ES and DIL with the purchase of their first house they perhaps need to push their solicitor for a completion date! I had to ring up nearly daily to push both our Cyprus sale and the UK sale it is a very stressful time for them! 

Lovely to see the lambs! We had a beautiful day yesterday and my friend and I sat outside at the very picturesque Cap St George drinking caramel latte! 😎☕️ We had a storm overnight with heavy rain and we now have 3 rainy days sunny again from Monday onwards! What a difference! 😔

Joan hope you are seeing an improvement each day.

Wildpurl how’s the baby blanket coming on?

I am so happy for you Joan, sorry for the late response traumas here will post later. Just a relieved sigh from my phone this morning x

Community Champion

Morning ladies , I am stilk smiling at your good news Joan 😊!

Rosie , my dog was 8 when he died from lymphoma , my older dog is nearly 13 and she has movable lumps on her chest and legs , they are something called Lipomas which are harmless fatty tissue , if the lumps are moveable they are usually harmless !

Although one of my clients I saw yesterday was tearful as her older Westie dog was put to sleep on Friday - didn’t want to eat or walk and had a pot belly - after investigations it was discovered the spleen had ruptured maybe due to a tumour on it , he was only ill for 3 days which was a blessing - poor Alfie... he was 12 so a good age .

Enjoy your sunshine with your coffee!😊

ES and DIL are becoming very frustrated waiting for their seller to move , that’s the only thing holding the move up , fingers crossed before the spring they can get moving !

On my delivery yesterday I saw the first lambs of the year !🐑🌷

Community Champion

Good news ladies the edit option is available again and no having to prove we are not a robot! 😀

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Joan we were all thrilled to hear your news last night and as Lovewine said you can now plan some theatre trips! Did you sort out a cleaner?

Lovewine it’s always so lovely to have a visit from your children and then it feels so empty when they have gone. As long as YS is healthy and happy you can relax!

How is the purchase of ES and DIL’s house going? 

How old was your lovely dog that got cancer? We have found a couple of moveable lumps on our dog that could be fatty tissue but everyone comments on the weight she has put on.😬 We cut down her food before I went away at Christmas. She doesn’t seem to be in any pain. But she is funny about walking on the tiles inside the property. This has got worse since I have been away she won’t go into the kitchen area past her bowl! She has always worried about wet tiles outside as they do become slippery and her paws splay out! The inside ones are slippery when wet I can only assume that DH and her arrived back from a soggy walk and she slipped inside which has made her cautious! She walks fine outside on a walk!

I am hoping DH has turned the corner today although he still has a very nasty cough! 

I am meeting our librarian for coffee today at Cap St George and it is sunny again today! 😎

Oh Joan I am delighted to hear your good news. What a relief! 

Community Champion

Joan I am thrilled for you , you and your family must be so relieved , you can plan some theatre trips hopefully and concentrate on your recovery !💐😊

Community Champion

Joan that is wonderful news after all you have been through I am so pleased for you! Now get well and take it easy don’t rush back into doing too much! 😄

Good news ladies. Had biopsy results today and lymph nodes were clear so no further treatment required. RESULT!

Community Champion

Morning ladies , I also find the new forum very frustrating too , when I have limited time to post I have found myself not doing so , simply because it’s not easy to do so Like before and I run out of time !

Rosie how nice to be able to sit outside , there are early signs spring is coming , but warm sunshine would be very welcome .

YS had a nice relaxing weekend and seems well, very busy but that’s good . Feel a bit deflated now of course .

Work very busy yesterday and had a couple of my occasional people - all with piles of bedlinen !!🙀

Joan I hope you are recovering well at home and your OH is also doing ok,

Wildpurl , glad you are feeling better . 

Cassie , expect its half term coming up for GD , I know the children here are off next week - always difficult for the parents ! 😏

Well I better meet my dog walking friends ( 6.50 a.m) 😬 and confirm again I am not a robot !! Have a good day ladies !

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Cassie we all share your frustrations the whole reason of changing the site was to improve the forum on our phones! What I hate is that you don’t have a quick reply option when you can scroll through the latest posts and make a response to all those that had posted since your last post! 

Hopefully it will get sorted out in the not too distant future!😳

Lovewine I except that you were sad to see YS go back I hope that he will be back to visit you soon!

Joan I hope that you are continuing to get stronger and that you and OH are coping now ED has gone back.

Wildpurl I expect that you are itching to get back into the garden. Before I left the UK I saw many signs of spring- snowdrops , daffodils and crocuses. 😄

DH has a better night but has a streaming nose now in addition to the cough! 😬

We managed to eat our lunch outside yesterday after a cloudy start the sun broke through which was uplifting to the spirits. It went cool at 5 when the sun went down! It’s going to be sunny again today we have a site meeting for most of the morning but hopefully some relaxation time in the afternoon as the rest of the week doesn’t look too brilliant!😔

Hope the week starts well for all of you!

Good afternoon Ladies,

I am glad you are home Joan and felling a little better. This forum website is not nice to use anymore, I have had a few moans to the team but the only improvement so far as far as I can see is the not having to prove you are a robot several times. The avatar sideways I solved myself by editing the photo and cropping it then seemed to turn the right way up.

I still have the problem of everything back to front oldest post first on my phone and the there does not seem any way to save it, it just reverts back each time I log in. I have to go to the bottom of the thread page and then choose 1 to get it in the right order its very annoying.

It appears you have to go through the I am not a robot bit then post before you choose options on the drop down list the edit post comes up.

Community Champion

Wildpurl I did have an option before to edit but now today it doesn’t exist in the drop down menu! 😬

Rosie I can’t even see where there is an option to edit your own post! The options drop down that takes up the right hand part of the screen doesn’t have an edit option and neither does the grey option button at the top. 

ETA that now I have made a new post suddenly the options menu does have an edit reply for all my posts, previously it didn’t.

Community Champion

Ladies I couldn’t even open the option menu to edit text this morning and 2 attempts at the traffic lights! 😬

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies, Joan it’s lovely to have you back and to hear that you are doing so well. I absolutely agree with you about getting a cleaner! We got one here shortly after we opened the business and she has been with us ever since! She was a star when I was going through my cancer treatment. We only have her for 2 hours a week @€10 an hour. With tiles on the floor all over and a dog it is very difficult keep clean! I wouldn’t worry about your weight, eating less can often lead to weight gain as your body needs food to keep your metabolism going!

Wildpurl your recipes do sound delicious! The latest baby blanket sounds very pretty look forward to seeing the picture! Glad that you are on the mend.

Lovewine enjoy the rest of the weekend with your YS! 

I have to say ladies I was very lucky with the flight back yesterday! After listening to the gusts all night I was bricking it! The flight was very smooth and we had the wind behind us and got back in a record 4 hours 5 mins! 😌 It has taken 5 hrs from Bristol before now!😬

DH is barking( with a cough!) and off his food! GREAT! I don’t need to get any illnesses! 😬 He coughed his way through the night and I have been awake from 4am! He is now sleeping soundly!

The weather here although warmer than the UK isn’t wonderful we are supposed to have some sunshine later and highs of 17 but most day are showing rain with the exception of tomorrow when it’s going to be 18 and very sunny but DH has planned a site meeting that I have to attend for most of the day!😒

Cassie hope you are having a relaxing weekend! 

Community Champion

Lovely to hear from you on the board Joan even if it’s a very frustrating one ! So glad you are recovering well , everything crossed for good results from the biopsy . I think you are very wise in getting help with cleaning , you and OH have had a hard few weeks and need to take it easy .

Rosie I hope your flight back isn’t too bumpy with the high winds , bet your dog will be happy to see you .

Wildpurl I am going to have a look at river cottage recipes , they sound delicious , looking forward to seeing pictures of your latest project , it sounds lovely .

cassie have you anything planned this weekend ? 

YS arrived this evening and it’s lovely to see him - he enjoys coming home and loves the dogs fussing over him as well as me !

Look after yourself Joan , you are doing very well 😊

Oh dear, Joan, I do really hate this particular approach to proving I am not a robot, it is not at all straightforward. I prefer the  method  where you have to type in numbers and letters if one must do it but I have never been a logged in member of any other forum and had to authenticate myself every time I want to post, what is the point of having an account and logging in?

Another annoyance is that if I land on the wrong page then I have to scroll right to the bottom to change pages.

i also still do not know why a quarter of the screen space on the right is taken up by a largely blank column apart from one tiny options drop down. This is not a sensible layout.

Anyway, I’m glad you have been able to send your message to us and that you are recovering well

aargh!!! It took 8 attempts, 2 of them assisted by ED and partner, both of whom have PHDs. This has not helped my blood pressure. And I now have to do it again. 

Hello dear ladies, I’m so pleased to be able to get back on the forum and find out what has been happening to you all. Sadly some of you have had distressing things to report. Please forgive me for not attempting a response but I share the shock and anger at the loss of young lives to this horrible disease. 

Its lovely being back home and I’m sure its helping my recovery which is being surprisingly rapid. I now feel much more confident that we shall be able to cope when ED and partner leave on Sunday. I have persuaded OH that we will need help with cleaning. Hes very willing to do it but he is going to have to do more in the way of cooking & other chores. And I might even be able to convince him to extend it once I am fully recovered!

the care I had in hospital was absolutely exemplary. And they are following up with daily phone calls for a few days. Hopefully it then be a matter of follow ups rather than further treatment, but that will depend on the biopsy results, which may be this Tuesday, or could be another week. So keep your fingers crossed its all clear. 

Love the cardigan Wildpurl and you do look very elegant in it, as ever.  Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly. 

Cassie, your meal sounds delicious. Very tantalising, though, since Im on a restricted diet fir at keast 2 weeks. Fortunately chocolate is allowed. In fact the first day I was allowed food, which had to be very soft/mushy stuff with no lumps I had some for  breakfast! Not making a habit of it though. Very cross that although I had virtually no food for over a week when they weighed me I actually seemed to be heavier than at my pre-op. How can that be?? 

Lovewine, glad you are last recovering after your horrible bug. Pity you’ve gone of the red wine, hope that after effect soon clears. And thankyou for passing on the messages. The combination of a daft hospital wifi procedure on top of the changes to this site made it too much of a challenge for me to attempt. 

Stay healthy ladies. Safe trip back to Cyprus Rosie.

Now I see I have to prove I’m not a robot!  I hope I am successful otherwise the air will be blue. 

Unbelievable. Failed 6 times. 

Morning everyone, I am glad to hear Joan is now home from hospital, I am sure she will recover more quickly!

cassie, what a sad situation your friend is in, so many difficulties all at once, she must feel quite overwhelmed by it all. I’m sure your support is very welcome to her. Isn’t Purdy gorgeous! What a lovely dog. I hope a temporary solution can be found while your friend recovers from her op.

Lovewine, glad to hear you are recovering from your illness, how strange that you still do not like the taste of red wine!

rosie, hope your journey back to Cyprus goes smoothly and good that your friend had the idea about switching painkillers to help reduce your blood pressure. Good luck with the healthy diet, I am sure that will help too.

i am feeling a lot better, and went into work yesterday. I was tired at the end of the day but pleased I had gone in. I’m still not 100% but definitely getting better each day now. Glad I don’t have to work today, though! I’m craving red meat and root vegetables, so we are having lasagne tonight with mashed swede and carrot and tomorrow a sausage and root vegetable stew from one of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's river cottage recipe books. I use them  more than any other recipe books I own.

my latest project is a crocheted baby blanket for another couple of DD's friends who recently had a baby. It is tiny crocheted squares joined together, I am doing jewel colours mixed with a charcoal tweed neutral, it looks very pretty so far, like jelly beans. It will have a lace border. I’ll post a picture when it is finished.

Community Champion

Good Morning Lovewine that’s great news that Joan is back home! How lovely that YS is coming home for the weekend although not much warning for you! Hopefully you have enough food in? 

Very wise to keep away from your parents whilst you were ill they certainly don’t want to be getting flu! 🙀

Joan I do hope that you will take it easy for a couple of weeks and hope that OH is able to cope! 

Hopefully you will sleep better now you are home, sleeping in hospital is virtually impossible! 😔

Cassie,Lovewine’s suggestion about dog walking service and house sitting maybe an answer for Purdy? 

My friend suggested that the constant use of pain killers, especially Ibuprofen are not good for high blood pressure! 🙀 So I have been to Boots and had a word with the pharmacist who suggested paracetamol plus. 

I am off to hairdressers today, then have to clean apartment before departing for the station to Bristol. I am staying overnight at the Holiday Inn express as I don’t want to get up at 5am tomorrow morning- I will never sleep, especially as I am going alone! Have to be at the airport for 10.30. 

DH has a lurgy and is dosing up with cold and flu tablets! I asked him to find the face masks! We had some when I was having chemo and flew! Can’t afford to get anything like that I will be back on the waiting list! 

Have a good weekend ladies! I guess my next post will be from Cyprus! 

I have done online shopping for about 15 years I have tried all of the major supermarkets. I was just offering to get any odd bits and pieces, there is no way my friend would be able to bring a major shop up the stairs anyway.

Community Champion

Evening ladies , Cassie what a sweetheart Purdey is - just a thought - I know locally to me there are lots of dog walking/ sitting services , there certainly would be in your friends area too , she could have someone to walk purdey while she’s out of action and at the beginning when she’s in hospital maybe go to the sitters home , I think the average cost for a walk is £6.00 a day , not sure for a home stay .

Rosie , hope you enjoyed your meet up with your friend , hopefully your blood pressure will come down 😬- I am trying very hard to eat better, porridge with fruit and honey , advocado on toast for lunch and no processed food , interestingly I still cannot bear the taste of my usual nightly glass of red 🍷, am now having a chilled glass of white instead !!

Joan texted me this morning to say she came out of hospital last night , hopefully Joan you will feel stronger soon now you are home 💐.

mum and dad have just left , haven’t seen them for 3 weeks as I couldn’t risk them picking up my awful bug😲

YS has announced he’s coming back tomorrow night for the weekend , so frantically changing the bed etc , it will be lovely to see him.

Wildpurl, how are you feeling now ? Hopefully much better.

on the subject of grocery shopping , I order mine online every week either Asda or Tesco , generally because I work long hours and can’t be bothered to do it at the weekend , I have done so for about 10 years and I wouldn’t go back to doing it physically ! Also it’s cheaper as I am not tempted by non food things too🙄.

Community Manager

Eep, I'm sorry, @rosie14

It does really reduce the number of spam posts but I've also requested we block some of the most common spam email address endings (e.g. yopmail.com), so once that's done I'll see whether it makes enough of a difference that we can turn robot capture off. 

Becca at Breast Cancer Care. 

Community Champion

It took me three attempts at not being a robot this morning! 😳😬😡

Community Champion

Oh dear Cassie I don’t know how your friend will manage with the lovely Purdy! The hospital will want to know that someone is looking after her when she first gets home! Does she have a family member that can come and stay with her for a couple of weeks? You say she doesn’t have children so that’s out. Maybe she has a family member that lives nearby that could help out. Cassie you don’t need to get all her shopping she can order it online from any supermarket to be delivered! She may need help putting it away. She can get enough to last for a week that will stay fresh! I used Sainsbury’s and first started ordering ready meals for one after my DIEP op and was left alone. They are very easy to either microwave or my preference to oven cook them! They range from £2 to £3.50 a meal. Sometimes I cook extra veg to supplement them. I can’t help thinking that Purdy will have to go on a little holiday for at least 2 weeks! She will be kept in for at least 3 nights! 

Yesterday I had my pre op assessment and my blood pressure was very high! The nurse told me to go to the surgery to get it taken again! She said whatever you do don’t let them put you on blood pressure tablets or else you will have to wait 6 weeks for your op after taking them! So now like you Lovewine I will be eating more fruit and veg, less wine but won’t stop altogether, and cut back on salt! I have booked my appointment for when I come back! Hopefully that will give it a chance to reduce from 166/102!!🙀 

I am taking the train to Pershore today and meeting my friend so she will undoubtably give me some advice! 😏

Hope the week is going well for you all, Wildpurl hopefully you are feeling better now! 

She had just has a short back and sides, she looks quite curly at the moment though. My friend has no children and is quite rightly protective of Purdy, I don't think she will allow anyone else to walk her. I am not a particularly doggy person never owned one myself but I love all animals.

Purdy spring 2018.jpgPurdy spring 2018

Good evening ladies,

Thank you for all the advice but I think I will leave it to the doctors at the hospital to break the news to my friend regarding the knee replacement. My friend and work colleague has been off work on and off for the last couple of weeks in so much pain, she has many stairs at work and at home and no garden and she lives alone since loosing her partner last January.

Her dog is a rather excitable cocker spaniel, so it looks like she has the full card of problems including her landlord wanting her out, since the apartment is overdue for redevelopment the problem she does not earn 45,000 a year, who does, so no agency will entertain her, completely stuck whichever way she tries, bless I am supportive and can do her shopping but not much else. Its very sad and frustrating, I will try to post a picture of the lovely Purdy.

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Lovewine I am so glad that your heard from Joan I was getting rather worried that we hadn’t had an update! Glad to hear that she is feeling better and hope she gets home today! 😏

I am pleased to hear that you are so much better also but do take it easy! 

I phoned the storage unit yesterday and they went and checked the Motorhome and said all was well! They weren’t phased by the alarm going and said they had several problems with these sensitive ones which could be activated to something as simple as dust blowing and often customers left spare keys with them. I chewed this over and priced up a taxi as it is out in the middle of the country, nowhere near trains or buses. I was quoted £21 and DH said for peace of mind to take them it would be worth it! So I did! Feel much more relaxed about it now! £21 well spent! 😌

Cassie your friend will be on crutches for 5/6 weeks and will not be able to walk the dog! She will need at least 6 weeks off work the pain is much worse than a mastectomy! I was 3 and a half months before I stopped taking strong pain killers! They ensure you can manage stairs before you leave the hospital as most patients will have to get upstairs in their house! But lots of stairs will be challenging! I still have to use hand rails when I am going up and down but that could be due to other dodgy knee! 🙀 She will need to do exercises every few hours and apply an ice pack for 20 mins every 2 hours for at least 6 weeks! Has she got a walk in shower? If she lives in a property with a garden she maybe will manage the dog but out of the question if she is in an apartment! She won’t be walking It for the first few weeks! 🙀 Break this news to her gently! If she lives by herself she will have to get someone to come in or take the dog for a while or consider putting it in kennels! If she is determined she maybe able to manage to walk the dog with crutches after she has had her stitches out if it is a small dog.🤔 But she will run the risk of the dog getting its lead wrapped round the crutch and causing her to trip! 🙀

Hope this helps! 😳

Community Champion

Evening ladies - I have just had a text from Joan - the WiFi isn’t very good in hospital so not able to post on the forum , Joan asked me to pass on she is feeling much better and hopes to leave hospital tomorrow and will be back on the board to update everyone . Look forward to hearing from you Joan and sending you lots of good wishes 💐

We spoke to OHs father on Sunday who is also having knee replacement surgery at the end of this month .😬

Rosie I hope you haven’t had any more issues with the motor home 🙀, know what you mean about turning off your phone - sometimes I do the same at night !

ES and DIL are celebrating Chinese New Year  this week with lots of food at the grandmas and extended family - we spend Christmas with them as the family don’t celebrate it and of course their New year is very big in their culture so they get a mixture of both cultures !

on a plus side we get a red and gold envelope for  Chinese New Year from ES and DIL with money in it🏮🧧as a token of respect for the elders !!

Have been fairly busy with work this week - feel about 90% back to normal , have overhauled my diet and am trying to eat more healthy !

Good Evening Ladies,

Oh dear Rosie my dog walking friend needs a knee replacement, I am not sure how she will manage with many stairs at work and home and a cocker spaniel to walk!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

Wildpurl you are very sensible to take a day or two off with your cold. You can rest and hopefully get over it more quickly! Hope you are feeling a little better today.

My friend from Bredon called me yesterday to arrange a meet up on Thursday and I was telling her about DD’s sad news. She was a pharmacist before going into teaching so has a good knowledge of medical issues! She explained that cancer spreads more quickly in young and healthy as it travels round more quickly! Which makes sense why older cancer patients survive and the younger, fitter ones are unlucky! 😢

What is your next project Wildpurl?

Lovewine I don’t envy you with muddy dogs!🙀 Our dog was in disgrace yesterday, DH left took his lunch outside as it was sunny and went back inside to get something to find that the dog had removed one his rolls and was eating it- she showed no remorse!😳

We have had a tracker / alarm fit to our motorhome as sadly there is a lot of theft! 😡 It is parked in a secure gated and CTV compound together with must be at least another 150 caravans and Motorhomes, so it should be quite safe on the compound. It’s more for when we go away and leave it on site but especially for when we go abroad later this year and leave it on French Aires to go for a stroll round local towns! It also has a wheel clamp on it. Because it has a tracker it is monitored 24/7 and if the device is activated, the company text you and and within a minute phone! 🙀 When DD was at the depot having a demonstration it went off twice and I was called! But yesterday afternoon I received a text followed by a call to say they had received an activation! 🙀😳

My heart fell to my stomach! They asked if I was aware why and I explained it wasn’t us. They suggested I went to check the unit! Now how do I do that when it’s 20 mins away well off the road? I went onto the app and checked and it said the alarm was still set and the unit was still in situ I could see on the map and the satellite! So I phoned back and said I was confident that it hadn’t been stolen! My friend agreed with me not to mention it to DH as he would get stressed! But he Skyped me and said he had switched his UK phone on and had the alert message!🙀

Sometimes technology is too advanced for our own good! He now wants me to ring the compound where it is stored to ask them if it is still there and ok! It was last updated at 3.45 am and was still there! I’m afraid I turned my phone off when I went to bed as I couldn’t stand the thought of another call. I am hoping it was something as simple as a fly and not an intermittent fault! 

Treated myself to a new 1000 piece jigsaw yesterday so it’s all over the lounge area now! 

Happy Chinese New Year ladies! Lovewine are you going to a celebration with ES and DIL?

Community Champion

A very quick hello from me between work, Wildpurl, love the cardigan and you look so well, as Rosie said - you more than most of us know the anger and loss of losing your beloved DD to such  a cruel disease so young, i did think of you last week when i posted about my own anger at our young friend who will probably not be here this time next year, it does seem to escalate very quickly when spread like that of DDs friend Rosie, how awful for her children too.

Wildpurl, annoying about your cold, hope you feel better soon.

Rosie, lovely photo, its wet and mild here today, back to walking in muddy fields and very muddy dogs.

Joan, how are you feeling this week? Take it easy and rest! 

Back to work now😳

I’m off work today with a bad cold, so just taking it easy. Thank you rosie for your nice comments about my cardigan.

It’s understandable that your DD is angry about how things turned out for her friend. It seems as though the seriousness and the spread of the cancer was not detected, or perhaps the chemo was not as effective as hoped. It may still have bought her more time with her family, and I am sure the treatment team did what they believed would be the most effective.

In the case of my DD, we knew the cancer had spread and they were not sure that it could be cured. The chemo gave her an extra year, which we were all very thankful for, even if we would have wished for more. Unfortunately, when cancer is out of control it all seems to happen very quickly, DD was told on Tuesday and died on Friday; OH's Mum had a similar experience, with maybe a week between told and her dying.

It is very sad for her family and friends, and seems so unfair when it is a young person.

Community Champion

8160780D-0155-4356-9E69-110705982D31.jpegFrozen canal!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Wildpurl I love the cardigan especially the colour and the neckline and you are looking very glamorous and well! 😀

It’s DD’s birthday today. I sent her a dress from a company called Thunder Egg! Yesterday I sent her an extra gift from her Amazon wish list as I know she is still upset and angry about her friend. They went out for lunch yesterday to a nice hotel! 

Wildpurl you must know only too well how awful that young people are passing away and we more mature ladies seem to be surviving. Apparently she was told on Tuesday she wouldn’t live and the boys were fetched out of school and she died on Friday! 😢 DD is trying to understand and is angry her friend had to endure chemo, which made her very ill wrecked her Christmas and then the mastectomy! I spent 2 hours on skype to DD yesterday! 

Lovewine I hope that you aren’t playing catch up at work since being off!🙀 Hopefully OH didn’t catch your flu and I guess you kept well away from your parents?

Joan it’s been a week since your op, I do hope that you are now recovering and that OH isn’t having any more funny turns? Take care! 

Cassie I expect you are very busy as usual at work?

My sister met me in Worcester on Saturday for a couple of hours and we went for coffee and cake! ☕️🍰 she had flap jack and I had lemon and lime drizzle cake! 😋

Yesterday I went for a walk by the river and back by the canal which was frozen!🙀

It’s going to be milder today but looks like rain for the next few days! I think I prefer dry and cold?🤔

I finally managed to see how to do it. 

F05A0200-5E4B-4B3E-9361-5CD835E1145E.jpegOk I managed to find the right button.

I’m very sorry to hear about the death of your DD's friend Rosie. I’m sure she and her friends family are devastated.

I have finished the cardigan, let’s see if I can still upload photos on the new site Smiley Wink

Well, no, I can’t see how to upload a photo from my iPad, sorry. I click on the camera icon (there is no image icon) and I get a dialogue which asks me to name the source of the photo, which I assume wants a url. My photos are not hosted at another site but are stored on the iPad. With all other sites I use, there is an option to upload a photo from the iPad library, in this case not.

Not impressed

oh and now I have to prove I’m not a robot before I can post.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

My DD is devasted about the loss of her friend. She had her mastectomy 2 weeks ago then was rushed back to hospital very sick on Monday and it was found that the cancer had spread everywhere!🙀😢 I spent about 3 hours on messenger to my DD yesterday and will be skyping in about an hour! She is like me and wants answers to everything to picture it all together. She has the empathy too for the family and she has the anger for what her friend has gone through! Very sad!😢

Cassie you were very brave to face a walk out in such icy conditions! Lovely news to have a wedding to look forward to!

Lovewine so sad for your OH’s friend who has made a good recovery to have his wife diagnosed with Alzheimer’s when she is so young at heart!😔

Joan I hope that you are home by now and your ED is still with you how useful to have a daughter in the medical profession! I think between us on our thread we could keep her in a job!

Wildpurl hopefully you got the cardigan finished waiting for a photograph! 

DH arrived safely back in Cyprus he is off to get the dog this morning! She must think I have left home haven’t seen her since Dec 19th! 😔

Ladies take care!

Good Evening Ladies,

Sorry to hear you have been through so much Joan, its time to be looked after now, I wish you a swift recovery.

I meet ED today for an early lunch and it was very slippery underfoot, we had about an inch of snow overnight which did settle, we met at Archway which has a tall tower block and the wind and snow was almost unbearable. The snow turned to rain at about 3 ish and it is has now all melted. My sister in law phoned this evening to say they have about 6 inches of snow in Dorset which has stayed all day, she also told me she is going to get remarried in the summer and wondered how my YB would  take the news. My EB died 6 years ago now, I just said I was happy for her and she has her life to lead and not to worry what YB thinks. She seemed happy with that and said all of the extended family would get an invite which was nice of her, some good news for a change.

I was asked if I was a robot too and had about 5 screens to choose items to prove it very annoying.

I have talked to one of the BBC site about the changes and although helpful and apologetic it seems as soon as one proble is solved another one crops up ....oh no, that sounds familiar, its just the same at work, a complete nightmare!

Community Champion

Rosie , I am so sorry to hear the sad news about DDs friend , what a shock and how awful for the family ,I can remember you telling us about her having treatment - how young she was too . I bumped into a friend of OHs today who had had extensive chemo etc for bowel cancer and he was very ill but is now doing very well and in remission , sadly his wife who is very glamorous and vivacious has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at the young age of 65 🙁.

Joan I hope you are recovering well and also DH has not had any more episodes of bad health too .

rosie I have Just had to say I am not a robot also😡!

No snow here thank goodness , but bitterly cold . 

Community Champion

Hating this new site I have just had to verify I wasn’t a robot!!!!! 🙀😬😡

Community Champion

Ladies I am feeling devasted! DD’s friend who had BC and is 38 died this morning leaving a husband and 2 young sons! 😢 She had chemo and had a mastectomy 2 weeks ago. On Monday she was taken to theatre with a secondary that was too far advanced! Her mother had BC and survived her father had bowel cancer and died two years ago and he brother died of unexplained causes three years ago! 

On a more positive note I have to attend for pre op assessment on 6/2 so have had to postpone my flight tomorrow to next Saturday. Scheduled date for op is 6/3.So when I come back for oncology 20/2 will have to stay here.

Joan I hope you are feeling much better.

Lovewine I hope that you are feeling stronger.

Cassie and Wildpurl have you had snow? We had a smattering this morning- all gone by 11am! 👍