cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Hope all goes well keep busy! x

Well got through chemo no 1. Isn't it odd it was a lovely room and not busy but funny how although in same boat my partner and I sat together and while made eye contact didn't really speak to anyone. Think as I get to be a regular this will change and I feel comfortable speaking to others. Might look to suggest a reading group - as in general life never have time for this

Drugs I went to the doctor today to get a number of things on prescription I have read in forums that could be useful etc. He did not seem to keen Q can I request things from the oncologist when I have more symptoms ?

Had wig referral also yesterday think my partner and I are def past the no makeup stage lol

Best to all

Hi everyone, sorry only just getting to reply, didn't get home til 10pm last night, had the line fitted all went well it was no problem at all, went in well and ECG all fine. I had a temp and low blood pressure though so they tested my blood as well and I had to wait looks like i did have a bug rather than me getting myself into a state which is good as hat makes me feel better somehow lol, as my appointment meant wasn't until 6pm in the first place it, I was there late with all the faffing.

So as I write this I am sat in the hospital waiting to be hooked up for my first dose, so by the end of today here will only be five more to go ! I have just tried on the paxman and it doesn't look as big and bulky as I nought but its not been turned on yet lol. I have brought snacks, a laptop, kindle, scarfs, I think they think I'm moving in - I was in the brownies .... Lol maybe next time I will bring less !

Good luck to everyone who is starting chemo today i am thinking of you and well done Rosie you are rocking this so far, we plan to move abroad one day I'm feeling Cyprus envy ;0) xx

Hi ellie47

How did you get on, can you start tomorrow?  I am going for my wound check today to see if I can start, fingers crossed xxx

Fantastic rosie, well done, Smiley Happy onwards and upwards hopefully until the next round xxxxx

Good luck suzie, thinking of you, as soon as your well enough,  let us know how you get on..... ((((hug)))) xxx

Thanks Rosie I'm still feeling quite chilled about it all. Glad you're feeling better. Xxx
Community Champion

Day 6 feeling much more human, eating very well, good appetitie, thought I would put on weight not working, walking dog etc but thank goodness haven't done- if anything I have lost a pound! Good luck to all you ladies starting chemo today and tomorrow! xxx

Community Champion

Good luck Tlj63 with chemo on Friday stay positive. The scarves sound exciting! x
Community Champion

Good luck Eam28 thinking of you today stay positive! x
Community Champion

Good luck Suzie stay positive you are right to think of the chemo zapping the cancer cells. I had a cannula went in no probs. Be thinking of you! x

Yep defo agree suzie68 - that's exactly how I'm feeling about it all too! One of the nurses said today that ive been very positive & seem to be taking it all in my stride - what else can you do?! & like u say all the treatment is to throw at it all & zap it bloomin away!!
Hey Ellie 47,I start my chemo Thur too. I've had a 5wk hold up as my harm has been filling up with fluid so keeps needing to be drained but its not infected so should be able to go ahead now & we were also waiting to get fertility advice xxx

Hi all, I'm due to start Thursday 3/4, have pre assessment tomorrow and also wound check as it's not fully healed yet. Bit worried because I've had infection in site of gland removal under arm and it's taken 4 weeks to get clear and 3 lots of antibiotics!! Anyone had similar problems? I love everyone's positivity.....just my style ladies.....wait to hear from you all and thanks in advance.

Hey all, I had my bone scan results and my bloods done this morning and all good to go for chemo tomorrow. Showed me the wards and looks as I expected Im feeling really chilled about it all at the moment and am just going to imagine that chemo zapping any bad cells rather than focus on the other stuff. Quite honestly I am looking forward to a few days off sick!
Sounds like you are doing well Rosie, that's such great news. Kirstie did you get you line put in? I asked today and will just have cannula in hand unless there is a problem which is what I had previously imagined.
Eam,rose and nibbles sound great, I am about to have a glass of sauvignon since Im sure I wont fancy one for a while and nobody has told me not to, Lou hope your appoint goes well tomorrow. Ti63 goods luck for Friday.
We can do this ladies, we are strong amazing women who are on a unique journey, ok its not the one anyone would have picked but a journey all the same. This time next month I could behalf a stone lighter, have an extra 45 mins every morning because I wont have to worry about my hair and my eczema could have cleared up and that's what Im gonna focus on. xxxx
Community Champion

We have lived in Cyprus for 5 years! The sun does help although of course won't be able to do any lying about in the sun this year! Good luck with your line Kirstie 77!

Hi all! Haven't had chance to come on here! We've all got so many appointments & things to get done before chemo haven't we?!
Thanks loulou1262 my bcn has never mentioned any kind of help so I'll ask her & was going to ring MacMillan as well soon - another job on the list! Do you know if you can go ahead with chemo yet?
Auw you sound like your doing really well rosie14!Smiley Happy. I was really tired after both wle's so god knows what I'm going to be like! I expectv the nice weather in Cyprus is helping? & hopefully your grandchildren will keep you entertainedSmiley Happy
Hope you're feeling better kirstie77? So did they put a line in today? I went to have mine put in and it wouldn't go in Smiley Sad they tried 4 times so think I'm going to be pretty bruised later! So they are going to put a canula in on Thur and then hopefully get a line in ready for 2nd dose. So just had zoladex injection and bloods taken today. The nearest lgfb session is 2hrs drive away from me so think I'll be giving it a miss too! Yes I don't think I'll read mummy's lump very often - it makes it all 'real' especially as youre reading it out loud! My little girl isn't old enough to take it all in & ask questions anyway. The drunken night is needed! We need to let our hair down (whilst we still can!). My friend came round sat night for a culpa & a catch up which turned into most of my friends - we hit the rose,nibbles & had a giggleSmiley Happy much needed! Good luck for tomorrowSmiley Happy & suzie68Smiley Happy
XxX

Hi Rosie,

I love Cyprus it's beautiful, have you lived there long? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the jargon, we get that much info thrown at us it's hard to keep track.

I think your right and I may be getting myself in a bit of a panic, I'm not the most patient of people so all this waiting is hard, right time to sort myself out !

I will let you know how I get on with my line, is everyone having the cannula ?
Community Champion

My wound wasn't completely healed and they started me, so hopefully you will be ok.I had a problem after the biopsy which held me up a week. I had the biopsy March 13th and chemo started on March 27th.
Community Champion

Puzzles, computer, TV short walks little light jobs around house, sleeping and eating! Hope all goes well with you. I like you have private health care here in Cyprus so I don't understand a lot of the jargon used on the forum. I had a cannula- they didn't offer anything else. Also no mention of cold caps here. I am not sure I would want the added ordeal . As you say in the scheme of things loosing your hair is not the most important thing. Do hope you are feeling better today do you think you have got yourself in a bit of a state? It's hard not to. Try to take some calming deep breaths if you feel yourself getting in a panic. You take a day at a time! x

Hi ladies,

Well I went wig shopping yesterday and they were really nice, I have settled for a bob style it was okay and looked natural but the closer it gets to starting chemo the less fussed I am about losing my hair and I really dont like being cold ! the woman at the wig shop said to take a scarf for your kneck if you have the cold cap as the pipe comes down there and its handy to have something to keep it off our kneck.

I went to my nieces 3rd birthday party at the weekend and spent most of yesterday being sick, had to pull over on the way back from the wig shop and lean out of the car !! so I'm feeling really fed up today, I have managed a biscuit and am going to try some toast in a bit I'm going to have to tell them tonight when I go in for my line, I hope it doesn't put things back.

I asked for the cannula instead of the PICC line and was told they don't do the cannula as with each round it becomes harder to find a vain and that way you have to deal with less needles ? So I didn't get a choice either but the other way round.
I have private health care with work so maybe thats why it's different ? It's good in one way to be private but its very isolating as I don't get to really meet any one, and for any help you have to go off and find out yourself. ill also be in a room on my own having chemo which is why this forum is such a saviour, bizarre really I get healthcare but only get paid stat sick !

Well done Rosie day 5 and your doing well, how are you spending your days ? I'm worried about the boredom x