Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Very sorry to hear this news, Joan, and sending hugs and positive wishes also. As rosie says, I hope the results show things not as bad as they might seem.

Community Champion

Joan I too have just read your post. I do hope that the CT scan will be clear and the biopsy result not as bad as feared! We are all here for you stay strong!
💐xx
Community Champion

Joan, i have just read your post and i wanted to say i feel for you and am sending you a big hug , i dont know what else to say as i know nothing helps right now, but you are in my thoughts . 💐

Not good news, unfortunately, ladies. The colonoscopy yesterday showed 'a lesion which looks like cancer'.  They did a biopsy but to be honest that is not really about confirming the diagnosis, more about identifying the grade and stage - I guess we all remember that. Also presumably to see if this is metastasied BC or a new invasion. It's been expedited so should have the results next Monday. I also have to have a CT scan to check for spread. As you can imagine I'm not in a ggod place today. Hey-ho for a merry Xmas. 

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I do hope that all went well yesterday and that now you can enjoy the run up to Christmas without further medical procedures!
Thanks Wildpurl obviously we want to include all 5 of us!
Wow love your land of sweets cowl you are very talented! 😊
Lovewine have you managed to catch you uninvited visitor?
I don’t know why but I thought the 19th was on Friday!🤭 Silly me we are flying on the 19th and I know it is next Wednesday! Sometimes I have a brain like a sieve!😳
DH is swinging from grumpy mood to grumpy mood and everyone and everything is annoying him!The trouble is he reacts to situations without fully understanding the detail!😬
We had a burst of very heavy rain overnight and it was quite windy. DH had to go out and move some of the patio furniture! If it’s not moved it can end up in the pool!🙀
I have been taking food for a stray thin dog much to our dogs disgust! We are very near the Akamas Peninsular where the hunters go with their dogs! Some dogs get left behind if they are no longer useful!😢 I have encountered a number since we have been here. Some of them I am wary of when they are very large! They are mainly scared dogs who won’t get too close! The one I am taking food to won’t eat it until I have moved away! I met another lady I see quite often out with her dog and she has given it food also! at least they can get water this time of year from puddles! It a large and growing problem here! Last week when DH went to Nicosia he had one run out in front of him across the motorway!🙀 Fortunately the motorway here is only a double carriageway and is much quieter than UK ones. It links Paphos to Limassol and Nicosia. You never get queuing traffic outside of the towns and hardly ever accidents as the volume of traffic is so low. It always scares me when we hit the motorway in the UK! I hate the smart motorways with 4 lanes!🙀
Have a good day ladies!

Rosie the first thing I did was to go and check for the 2019 date, but annoyingly they have not announced it. They do move it around from year to year but it is always in July. I will keep checking and confirm as soon as I can. For now 20th July 2019 is in my calendar as the date of the meet up.

Here is one of my projects, Lovewine, it is called Land of Sweets cowl and it is designed to be made with leftover small amounts of yarn. It was fun to knit and is very warm and cosy when the air con at work is blowing down the back of my neck!

2D3AD490-61A0-4D15-A9C0-1F54147AC8B9.jpeg

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Joan I hope all is well today and you can put your mind at rest , will be thinking of you .💐
Rosie I expect it is flat out at school at the moment , I certainly will be this week but next week will be worse , I take dad on the 19th 😯,.
Well I have a visitor in my kitchen 🐭, think it’s only one and it’s s very adventurous one too , because we have had a lot of rain they do come off the fields and try and warm up 🙄, despite having a cat and 2 dogs it’s havivg a lovely time !! Thankfully it can’t get in my food cupboards as they are sealed and built in , am going to pick up a humane trap today and evict him !
Cassie I hope you had a lovely week in the sunshine !
Wildpurl , sounds like you are busy as always , would love to see some photos of your knitting projects .
Have a good week ladies 😊
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good Morning ladies!
Joan wishing you all the best today you will be glad to get back home and be able to eat your usual food!
Lovewine I expect it will be another busy week for you ending with your dad’s operation.
Cassie I think you are on holiday now and hopefully enjoying the warmer weather and relaxation.
Wildpurl if you could let us know when your village rock festival is it would help me as I have restricted time in the UK available and have to organise our time efficiently!
Are you knitting projects for Christmas?
Hope the week starts well for you all.
Ours is packed with school Christmas performances!

Good evening everyone,

it has been very wet and windy here today but we are due some brighter and colder weather soon. I have been frantically busy at work for a few weeks and last weekend OH and I flew to Glasgow to stay with his sister. We met up with her and her family and their Dad, as a surprise for his 88th birthday, and had a very enjoyable if tiring weekend. 

I have finally begun Christmas shopping and only have a few things to get now, I am designing my labels so will wrap everything next week.

I have of course lots of knitting projects on the go and am trying to find the time to do a bit of sewing as well. I am looking forward to finishing work in a couple of weeks for the Christmas break. 

I'm glad your mammo was clear Lovewine, I hope your procedure goes OK joan and not too stressful. Hope you have a lovely holiday Cassie.

I saw a date proposed for the next meetup, it should be OK for me unless it conflicts with our village rock festival. I will check and let you know

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine I wondered if you would have started the onslaught of Christmas linen! 😬
I used to use a wipe clean tablecloth and splashed out on a pack of Christmas paper napkins! 😂 I haven’t done Christmas for a number of people since all the kids left home! BIL is cooking this year! DD will have a wipe clean cloth for sure!😉🥳 (just found that new emoji!)

Enjoy coffee with your friend!🍰☕️
I sorted out the disgruntled teacher, for now anyway! Things always get a bit stressful this time of year! She is the one with 8 dogs and lives in the hills and is finding it cold! She does have some heating in her property but is waiting for the landlord to show her how to use it! Some evenings we have to use the heat setting on the A/C unit! We forget how cold it feels in the properties during the winter months! Stormy days are interspersed with sunny dry days with temperatures around 18-22 although can dip to 16 on rainy dull days! The properties are not insulated and loose heat very quickly, then of course there’s the cold floors!😱
It’s our staff Christmas function tonight and fortunately we don’t have far to go it’s at Cap St George which is very close, last year it was the other side of Paphos!
Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Community Champion

,Good evening ladies, the days are flying past this week, i am getting busier now with the onslaught of tablecloths, napkins and bedding 😬.

Rosie, dad has his cataract surgery on the 19 th December. Hope you sorted out your disgruntled teacher and all is well now! 

I have been trying to declutter gradually this week, on one of the attempts to find the back of the cupboard in the spare room i found my chemo caps i used to wear to sleep in and around the house, it really brought it back and in a strange way it felt like i was looking at another persons experience as I couldn’t quite believe it had happened to me😏, but the hats were a stark reminder! 

Meeting my friend for coffee at 9.30 tomorrow which will  be nice, then i think i may put the Christmas tree up.

Hope everyone is having a good week- especially Cassie on holiday😎.

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies!
Oh dear Joan I had forgotten about the concoction you have to drink the day before! I think that was the worst part for DH! At least they have given you an appointment and it will all be done and dusted by Christmas!
I sympathise with your card and Pay Pal issues! It’s good that the fraud team protect you but it is so annoying also! I have a worse problem as our bank accounts are in joint names and they won’t deal with me, it has to be DH as the principal card holder which is a pain in the neck!😡
We had a lovely day yesterday but had a storm during the night, not as bad as last weeks we have thunder storms forecast for the next 2 days.
I had a stray thin dog following me this am when on dog walk!😞 I have seen it before I will have to take some food with me next time I go.
One of the cancer support bus drivers that takes patients to Nicosia for treatment won the Paphos hearts of gold award at the weekend! He wasn’t the one that played Greek music at 6.30am and sang along to it and couldn’t speak any English!
Panicos was a lovely kind patient man who drove carefully and would speak English to the 2 of us that were English! Our friend, that passed away with the brain tumour following BC, was Romanian and she put us to shame she spoke both English and Greek!😳
I am going to spend some time in Yr 1 today with the disgruntled teacher hearing her class read! 😏
Lovewine hope your dad is keeping well I think it’s this Friday he has his cataract procedure?

Cassie, hope you have a lovely relaxing time in the sun.

Lovewine, glad you got the all clear. I guess if they have a backlog they deal with the bad news ones first, or at least I hope they do, but you’ve had an awful long time to wait and there is always that nagging worry, what if? Good news about ES & DIL too. Thanks for the soup recipe, which I shall try. i make a curried parsnip one, which is lovely so this will ring the changes. 

Rosie, you certainly came back to some wild weather with more to come. Hope you have no more power outages. I agree with you on the value of having OHs on the supermarket trips but not for anything else. I have now bought the ukele for GD, a purple one with hibiscus flowers on it. Frustrating time buying it though. Payment through PayPal was refused three times, then so was my card. Rang my bank and after being passed on to three different people was eventually put through to the fraud dpt, which immediately made me worry, only to find out that they had temporarily blocked my card, without telling me, because my card had bern used to make a payment of £1.40 to ApcoaConnect, who run the car parking at our local station, and they had had reports of some fraudulent transactions with them. I had made the payment so card now unfrozen, but it wasted a lot of time.

My appointment came through very quickly this time, for next Monday. Looks like a few trying days beforehand, on a restricted diet-so will be missing out on our usual post theatre dinner in Stratford on Saturday and not moving far from the loo on Sunday! I’m told that unless they have to do a biopsy I should  get the results before going home, as you said Rosie.

Fortunately I have a busy, non worky week ahead which will help to take my mind off things, at least  I hope so. Going to the cinema tonight to see a live streaming of the Nutcracker. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!
Lovewine that is fantastic news for your ES and DIL lets hope it all goes through smoothly and quickly!
Our friend seems to be coping as well as she can she has a lot of papaerwotk to sort out. 😞 She is going to her daughter’s in N Ireland for Christmas.
Lovewine I should stick to online shopping or can you go on bus/
train? Or get OH to take you? I prefer Christmas shopping by myself! I prefer to do food shop with DH as we can do it in half the time!😁 Unless I keep loosing him! 😳
Cassie I thought you were off this weekend! It must be imminent? Whenever it is have a wonderful time!😁
I have to nip back to school for a meeting in half an hour! Disgruntled member of staff!😬
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Cassie enjoy those warm temperatures and sunshine 😊, it’s very dreary here , interestingly I also get back to front on the thread too - not all of the time 🤔.

Rosie , your dog is enjoying that sunshine !! Bet you are too - 22 degrees sounds bliss right now .
How was the lunch with your friend ? How devastating for her . Expect she really appreciated you taking her out .

I met up with some of the dog walking ladies on Saturday morning in the village coffee shop , then I braved the local town and after attempting to park at 3 separate car parks which were all full I was just about to give up and return home when I sneaked in just as a man was leaving ! Not sure I will bother again 😡

Some good news - my ES and DIL have had their offer accepted on a lovely 3 bedroom house with a conservatory , it’s around the corner to their present rented house , it’s in great condition and it’s an excellent price !

Joan , hope all is well and you can get your appt out of the way and off your mind .

Wildpurl , hope all is ok with you .

Good Evening Ladies,

Glad to hear everything is fine lovewine. I hope the storms calm a bit for you Rosie, yes I will be glad to get away from the rain here, it has eased a bit today and I managed some festive music at a local event this afternoon with a mince pie, it was very cheerful but extremely windy. It should be 28-29 degrees if the forecast is correct in Boa Vista.

I still have a back to front thread its been that way for months now no matter what I do, sometimes I cannot find the correct part of the thread to reply to but weirdly its the correct way round on my phone but it does not post correctly if I ever try to add anything from my phone. The message seems randomly go wherever it wants I can remember lovewine finding a message randomly somewhere off of our thread.

Keep warm and dry ladies in England xx

Community Champion

Somebody else prefers the sun too!🤣

Community Champion

37EAAD7F-95B6-4CA6-B713-4F466ADEF6C0.jpeg

Community Champion

Good Morning Lovewine I am so pleased that at last you have your letter and you are all clear!😀 Now you can enjoy the weekend!
I shall be trying your soup recipe when we are next back in the UK, 🤪
After two days of violent storms we now have a few days of calm before it kicks of again mid week! This is our winter! But one can’t grumble about 22 degrees feeling hot sat in the sun!😎😉
We are taking our friend in Polis, who lost her husband 2 weeks ago, out to lunch tomorrow.
Community Champion