cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Goodness me Joan , what an awful week you have had with hospitals and now your poor friend , hope his scan doesn’t show anything too serious , shame about your theatre trip too . Maybe you could do something else instead ?
Yes I must say we are very subdued after our friends news , it certainly has been a rollercoaster for him , I did source relevant information from Macmillan and they saw an advisor , I expect they will need extra support for the whole family now .
Cassie , how annoying about the change to travel passes etc, I am 57 this year so I suppose I will be waiting longer too !
Have a lovely birthday on Tuesday 💐🍷!
It was my friends birthday today - the one who has Inka the Labrador I helped with when he was a puppy , she had the day off work today as did I - so I picked her up and we went to a garden centre cafe for coffee and cake which was very nice , but more bad news came from her too - her sister who is 50 has been diagnosed with an aggressive muscle cancer in her groin .. she sees the oncologist on Monday .
It’s been very cold here today , we have escaped any snow but next week I think it’s on it’s way 🙄
Have a nice weekend ladies !

Lovewine, what very sad news about your friend. Its been such an up and down journey for him and his wife and the news seemed so good before Xmas. Its particularly awful when it happens to younger people and those with young children. Like Rosie, I hope the chemo manages to slow down the progression. 

Cassie, happy birthday for next Tuesday, in case I forget on the day. Are you doing anything to celebrate. I agree with you on the frustrations of the new age rules on bus passes, changing it by 5 years is a big jump. 

Rosie, we were planning to go to the theatre in Stratford tomorrow but thats now off. The husband in the couple we go with, who was going to drive is now in hospital, having fallen down the stairs last night. He hasnt broken anything but has subsequently fainted a couple of times so is about to have a whole body CT scan to check for internal bleeding. All very worrying. He takes warfarin so thats an added risk. It seems like nothing but hospitals this week. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine I am so sorry to read about the decline in your friend and the spread of his cancer such an awful thing to deal with at such a young age with a young wife and family! 😢 I expect there are organisations that will help the children as he deteriorates. We had one in Plymouth that was called Jerrmiah’s Journey and supported children and their parents with a parent who had a terminal illness and ongoing support after the death. Let’s hope that the chemo tablets will buy him a bit more quality time!
Cassie unfortunately the bus pass age is 65 here also! DH can get his this year but I can’t get mine until next year! 60 does bring some benefits. Senior tickets can be purchased at theatres and cinemas and you can buy a rail card for £30 a year which saves 1/3 off all train fares! DH and I benefit from this and it soon pays for itself!
Joan I hope that you and OH will manage your visit to Stratford tomorrow. I know you were going to exchange your pyjamas are you going to the theatre also?
Wildpurl maybe the latest cold snap will encourage you to finish the cardigan!
I have got a jigsaw on the go, but only 500 pieces this time! MIL gave it me.

Good Evening Ladies,

All is well here thanks for your concern just busy as usual, glad I have finished now until Monday.

Joan sorry to hear of the health problems OH has been experiencing it must be a very worrying time for the both of you.

I have been reading the posts on my phone but not had the time to get on my PC. It will be my birthday next Tuesday it will be my 59th I looked up when I might be able to get a freedom bus lol, not till 2026! I felt really disappointed and a little cheated when I read it on the gov website, slightly older people in London have had them from age 60. The age has changed to bring it in line with the retirement age which I don't feel ready for yet but maybe winding down a bit.

I agree with the getting bored with plain knitting wildpurl YD decided she would like a plain knit black cotton scarf with pom poms which is growing but really boring to knit.

Keep warm ladies

Community Champion

, by Joan i too just saw your post, i am so sorry you are having these health issues both of you, what a worry for you, my dad takes warfarin for his heart problems and also for vascular issues too.Thinking of you and your family.💐

Had some bad news regarding our friend with the kidney cancer, he as had a lump removed fom his chest wall and also his abdominal wall, after being told before Christmas his original kidney cancer from 8 years ago was slow growing and manageable, he was told yesterday he has secondary cancer popping up in several places which can no longer be cured, OH and myself apart from the family are the only ones to be told as the chikdren know he is ill with cancer, but dont know how serious it is now. I feel so sad for them, he is only 48, his wife is 35 and 2 children. He is being started on chemo by tablet form.

Community Champion

Joan I have just read your post! Words fail me you couldn’t write the book! However we must be positive in that OH seems back to normal! Hopefully the medication he will be taking will prevent another stroke! What a worry for you!
I am so sorry that you and OH are having these medical difficulties and do hope that in a few weeks time you will both studying holiday brochures! Thinking of you, stay strong! 💐x

StiWell its been a more dramatic week than expected and certainly distracting but not in a pleasant way. Monday evening OH suddenly was unable to put his thoughts into words, it only lasted for a few minutes but it was clearly abnormal, not just the ‘senior moments’ we joke about. I was pretty sure he was experiencing a mini stroke, which was confirmed by the paramedic who came so it was back into the hospital we’d left only a few hours ago, this time to A and E. Got home about 3 am, with aspirin and a referral to the TIA clinic which deals with these things. First thing in the morning we got a phone call with an appt for 12 oclock so back into the hospital for more tests and to see a consultant. Several hours later got back home with a prescription for something like warfarin, statins, a referral to the cardio clinic to check for atrial fibrillation and 4 week prohibition on driving. Talk about bad timing. But at least this happened after his hernia op, because blood thinners can make surgery more complicated and worrying. He seems back to normal now although I’m a bit on tenderhooks because the risk of recurrence is higher in the few days after one of these attacks. 

Lovewine, glad you managed to snatch a bit of time to read. I’m like you, I tend to mainly read on Kindle because I do most of my reading in the early morning while OH is still asleep so its less disturbing than putting the light on. Its getting very cold here too but hopefully no snow. 

Rosie, well done being on the radio. We ate goat for the first time, knowingly at least, in Crete, and loved it. We recently ate it from a street stall at Bath Xmas market, which was again quite delicious. Havent seen any in the local supermarkets though. I like the idea of having nymph nodes, sounds so much more ethereal than lymph nodes! Hope your eye appt was useful.

Wildpurl, well done persisting with the cardigan. I get bored by the time I get to the sleeves. Baby items are more to my liking. 

Cassie, hope all is well with you. 

Community Champion

Morning ladies, Rosie, well done on the radio interview, i think i would struggle to get my words out, its something i still do even this long after the chemo , i do it several times a day😮, before BC i was vegetarian for that very reason , wasnt sure what i was eating , also animal welfare reasons too.

I used to be a member of the library, but our village one is quite small, one of my dog walking friends is a retired head teacher and she volunteers in the library several times a week and also does a weekly reading session with small children, because our library was earmarked for closure its now staffed by volunteers like her. I use the kindle a lot as most of my reading is done early in the morning or night and i can read without disturbing OH😊!

my week has continued to be quiet, very nice, but it will all arrive next week and then i will be flat out again !

We have had a light dusting of snow here earlier this morning, it was very cold on my walk, Wildpurl you will definitely need your warm cardigan !

Have a good day ladies.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine so glad that you got an hour to read during the day! Do you belong to the library? We have a fantastic university library here with 4 floors! One is given over to the main lending library which is all fiction! I love going in it gives you a sense of comfort to be surrounded by so many books! There are comfy chairs where you can inspect the books you have chosen before borrowing them! It also has a special area where recommended reads are displayed. I usually select at least one from that area. They also display quick reads and I usually grab a couple of those! I have a kindle but find it a nuisance remembering to keep it charged! Since moving to the city I have used the library as I can walk there in half an hour, that includes seating on the odd seat or two en route to let my unoperated leg recover!😔
There is even a cafe facility in there and of course the very necessary toilet!
Wildpurl it’s going to get colder so you will be glad of your warm cardigan!
On the local radio in the morning they have a phone in line or text to comment on the topics of the day! Yesterday they discussed Brexit and eating exotic animals and goat was mentioned! I sent a text about how I used to buy what I thought was lamb in Cyprus for several years only to discover we had been eating goat! Also the local specialty of kleftiko is also goat! 🙀 One of the radio team called my number and asked if I would be willing to speak to the presenter live on the radio about my experience!🙀 I agreed to do it and fortunately only had 10 mins to wait! 😬 I managed to do it without stuttering and stumbling over words and put on my best telephone voice!😂
Cassie hope all is well with you?
Joan hope you are finding time for relaxation this week?

Evening everyone, I am very pleased to hear your good news, Joan, that must be a weight off your mind that they will be able to repair the bowel. I had keyhole surgery when I had my oophorectomy, the incisions were tiny, I can’t even see where they were now, and the healing was very fast.

rosie it is good you are able to stay in the UK where you have central heating. I’m glad OH's 3rd endoscopy was clear.

im also glad to hear your workload has settled down Lovewine.

we switched to super fast broadband today, it really is much faster, and the changeover was quite straightforward.

i am knitting a warm cardigan at the moment, I have one more piece to knit, I like the result but am finding it a bit boring to knit! I’ll be glad when it is finished. I have a baby blanket to knit next for another of DD's friends who has had a little girl.

i am currently reading Why We Sleep on the kindle, absolutely fascinating.

Community Champion

Hello ladies, Joan, glad to hear things are going ok , or at least as well as they can do , having keyhole surgery will be a much quicker recovery time too, OH had his gall bladder removed this way 2 years ago. Shame you have to miss your monday activities though for pre op, it always seems to fall this way doesnt it 😏. As Rosie says we all keep everything crossed you will not need any chemo, it must have been found very early. Annoying about the Pajamas , i have done the same thing in M&S with a t shirt.

Rosie, hope the eye test went ok, something i need to do too! 

I have had a steady working  day surprisingly today which is nice for a change, actually managed to sit and read for an hour this afternoon, which i really enjoyed, although i am struggling to find something good to read at the moment.

Cassie and Wildpurl, hope you are both well.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan at least there is some good news along with the not so good. One has to look for the positives. I am sure that we are all hoping very much that chemo will not be necessary for you and that the nymph nodes will be clear!
What a nuisance about your pyjamas beintpg the wrong sleeve length. They will exchange them for you, just pick up the ones you need and take them with the ones you are returning to the pay desk and they will make the exchange for you!
Joan DH did have a colonoscopy last year when he was diagnosed with diverticulosis. He was signed off unless he goes back again to the doctor with severe symptoms!
He lives on adrenaline and stress and always has done!😬 He is better when we are motorhoming and away from a computer!
Will loook our for Crimes on the Nile it may well come to Malvern?
I am glad you have been doing some pleasant activities. Rest next weekend before your pre op assessment you don’t want your blood pressure up!😳
I have booked an eye appointment today as I am struggling with my distance viewing!😬 It has been 2 years so it’s time to go!
Lovewine hope you will be a bit quieter today?
The weather in Cyprus is still wet and stormy and everyone is saying it is the worst winter they have known! So lucky to be in a warm apartment here!😊 I hope the sun comes back before I return on Feb 2nd!😕

Hello ladies. Saw the surgeon today and he had a bit more positive news in that a) hes intending to do keyhole surgery and b) he is going to join the bits of bowel together internally so I wont have to have a bag.  Whether or not I will have chemo will depend on the analysis of the lymph nodes they remove, the results of which will take a couple of weeks. So fingers crossed. So so far Ive been lucky, apart from having it in the first place of course. Pre-op next Monday. Bit annoying that today’s appt and the pre op are on Mondays which is my nice, completely non work day when I do Qi Gong and pier archive. 

Rosie, good news that OH’s third screening test was clear. In the light of my experience, however, when all my tests were clear, do you think it would be advisable for him to have his symptoms checked out. I dont want to be presumptuous and perhaps he has already had advice on this but..... Glad your trip to London went well, love the picture from the top of the Sky garden. I hope you are now over your virus and that your feared ear infection did not materialise. Sensible not to risk the flight though and you were clearly right about the weather over there. I did manage to get some pyjamas, in M & S, but like you with your jumper have to change one pair. They were wrapped, in the same packaging and position as the other pair, with no indication that one was short sleeved, the other long. Didnt realise till I’d unpacked them at home. Maddening. Hopefully will be able to exchange in Stratford at the weekend. 

Lovewine, full of admiration for the spring clean and declutter. Shame that you have another very busy week ahead, hope it slows down soon. I was thinking of you yesterday in M & S yesterday, looking at the racks if sale clothes. I managed to get a bargain but only accidentally. I chose a black cardigan which was marked as full price but at the till it came up as reduced and when the girl checked with the floor manager he said it had just been marked down but they hadnt had time to alter the price tag. Very welcome. 

Done a few enjoyable things this week. Went to the theatre in Bath on Thursday to see anAgatha Christie spoof- Crimes on the Nile- which was very funny and extremely well done. Its on tour from next month so if it comes anywhere near any of who I’d recommend it. Friday evening went out for dinner with friends. Saturday it was GDs 9th birthday party, to which we were invited. It was a trip to Wookey Hole caves for her, 6 other girls her age and one boy. The caves were very interesting and there was lots else for them to do, not all of it tacky. They seem to have enjoyed it and were very well behaved though at times boisterous and unbelievably noisy. Fortunately we had a couple of hours to recuperate before going to see The Favourite’! In the evening. This week isnt quite so full of nice distractions but I do need to complete a couple of pieces of work so its just as well. 

Hope you all have good weeks. 

Community Champion

Good Morning Lovewine it’s very quiet on our board again!
Yes DH got back without any dramas! He said the house is very cold and was down to 12 inside!😱 The rain has been horrendous and they have had daytime temperatures as low as 9!! So glad I didn’t go back I would have been as miserable as sin! 🙁
I walked into town on Saturday and changed a jumper I had purchased in the sale that was the wrong size! It was on a 16 hanger and it was 22!!! The sale price had been stuck on the label.
Yesterday I went for a walk along the river and back along the canal. There seemed to be a lot of men out with young children in pushchairs! I guess the woman had pushed them out whilst they got on with some jobs?!😏
All three children Skyped me and DH so this took up a good part of the day!
Our friends upstairs will come down for coffee one morning and my friend from Bredon will contact me next week after the weekend!
The weather looks quite pleasant so I will be having a walk to the cheap toiletries shop to stock up on soap and toothpaste! Exciting!😂 I have motorhoming holidays to plan and library books to read and a jigsaw! So plenty to keep me occupied!
I hope all your startching of tablecloths has finished?😬
We didn’t have any rain but it was a little windy! I suppose you weren’t able to have your bonfire then? 😒
Hope the week gets less busy for you!
Community Champion

Morning ladies, Rosie it really is a stunning view from up there. Hope DH got off to Cyprus without any delays, did you do much at the weekend ? The weather here was wet and windy all weekend so we didnt do much at all.

Joan, how are you? Have you had any appointments yet ? Pre op etc. 

I thought i would be quieter this week, but today is looking horrendously busy, better get off and make a start ! 

Community Champion

Same view! 😂

Community Champion

2A29E00C-F085-42B0-8ED0-92A16E1897C8.jpeg

Community Champion

Wow Lovewine a stunning view our pictures weren’t so clear! Gosh we were lucky to get in! 😊
I bet you feel uplifted having a major spring clean! Enjoy your garden tidy today and the bonfire!
DH is departing within the next hour for Bristol. I am returning a jumper I purchased from the M@S sale it was on a wrong hanger 16, when I went to try it on I thought it looked very large it was a 22😳!! That will teach me not to check I have been caught out before! 🧐
Has anyone else managed any good sale bargains?
Joan did you manage to get your PJ’s?
Community Champion

From The Sky Garden Rosie !
Community Champion

212890B2-C31B-4716-84E6-BD9C088D3D9C.jpeg

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, thankfully my work has finished for the weekend, really had enough of bedlinen, yes Rosie, you wouldn’t expect to be starching cloths these days, but sadly they do, it is usually my older clients who request it😏☺️.

Glad you enjoyed the Sky Garden , we went 2 years ago and met YS and his then GF, i really enjoyed it, we had a sunny, hot day so the views were stunning, you were lucky to get in , i had to book online on a certain date 3 weeks before our visit and it was very difficult to get tickets, so well done you😊! 

Dont blame you staying here for a couple of extra weeks, at least you have a warm apartment, hope you Can sort out your ear issues, my dog walking friend has had similar issues and visited the G.P yesterday and was given a nasal spray which has helped her ear problem.

Have had a major spring clean today in my kitchen and living room, also had a move around of my furniture and my room looks bigger, have decluttered which helps, i think tomorrow we are going to tidy up the garden and have a bonfire- always a personal favourite of mine!🔥

Hope everyone is alright.

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine I do sympathise with your over bed linen! 🙀I can’t believe that people are still using starch tablecloths! 🙀 I suppose OH is waiting with baited breath re the BREXIT news nest week!😬 Very worrying times!
Thank you for your ideas re London. We had picked up a free leaflet and DH found an advert for Sky Garden and you could apply for free tickets online! I tired but there was only one ticket left! I later phoned the venue and they said if we got there before 11.15 we could go in! There was a queue on arrival where everyone was showing their tickets and the guy was making some go to the back of the queue as there were trying to get in earlier than their time slot! As we got to the front of the queue without tickets I thought we would be sent away. But he let us in when I explained I had tried to get them online and spoken to someone earlier in the morning! Result! It has 35 floors and an amazing view of London from the top from the safety of a viewing platform! There are bars and restaurants at the top!
We then went for coffee in Convent Gardens and went on to see The School of Rock in the afternoon! We got half price last minute tickets! Catherine Tate was excellent the previous night as was The School of Rock! So all in all a very busy 24 hours. I found the stairs in the tube stations rather challenging 😳
The day before we went to London I made the decision to stay here rather than return to Cyprus tomorrow! I just can’t face the stormy weather they are still enduring and know it will be cold inside the property!😒 Also I am not happy about my returning temperature it feels like I could have an inner ear infection brewing so don’t want to be flying with that!😳
DH is retunrning alone tomorrow for 2 weeks. He will come back for a week on Jan 26th and then we will both return on Feb2nd.
Hope everyone else is ok, Joan I expect that you are busy before going in for you op?
DH had his 3rd screening test returned yesterday and although it was clear he said he had 3 of the 4 symptoms they told to watch out for!😳
Meeting up,with our friends that were on a cruise over Christmas today at a garden centre for lunch!
Hope you all manage a restful weekend!
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , haven’t drawn breath all week , work very busy and have had an enormous amount of bedlinen 🙄, one lady sent her linen tablecloths with a starch can in the basket and asked for them all to be starched !!
Rosie , sorry about DHs hernia and isn’t that typical of a man to still do things they shouldn’t !!🙄
Hope you are enjoying London , as regards filling the time I am not a great help in that , we either go into the British museum or the V & A , or go for a nice glass of wine in a nice pub - we used to go in The Mudlark a lot as we used to watch the t.v series by the same name - finding artefacts on the foreshore of the Thames ! Hope you find something suitable until your train back !
Hope everyone is having a good week , I think it’s going past quickly , nearly the weekend😊.
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
The doctor said DH probably had the start of a hernia but it wasn’t bad enough to operate and he shouldn’t carry heavy things! So what does he do in the afternoon go and ride his bike and carry it down and up afterward 2 flights of stairs in the storage unit! There is a freight lift he could have put it in but no, then he starts wincing when he gets back! I’m afraid I didn’t have any sympathy!😡
Joan I hope that you enjoyed your Qi Gong yesterday. M&S have nightware in their sale you could look online to save pushing around in the crowded store! 🙀
Today we are going for a Chinese with our friends up stairs and off to London tomorrow!
Can anybody recommend where we can fill a few hours on Thursday I booked us back on the 8.00pm train!🙀 We are staying in Leicester Square at Premier Inn and depart from Paddington. We have done the Big Bus!
I am a little worried as yesterday I had a temperature in the night and then again yesterday on 2 occasions and had to take paracetamol! I don’t have any obvious symptoms like I did last week, but don’t want to go back to Cyprus spiking a temperature! I think if I am no better when I get back I will have to see the doctor! 😬 In the meantime I will have to stay on top of it with regular paracetamol!
Lovewine it’s so dark in the morning for your dog walking it’s nearly 20 past 7 and it still pitch black!
Cassie and Wildpurl hope all is well,back at work?

Rosie, good that MIL is out of hospital and back to normal, even if cantankerous. Im sorry OH is having to repeat his screening test but great that the second one was clear.

lovewine, its not surprising youre feeling a bit flat after having had YS to stay for two weeks. And its natural fir you to worry about him. But he does seem to have coped really well with the ending of his relationship and as you say he has a busy life. But we never stop worrying about our children, no matter how old they are.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
MIL is back home we went to see her yesterday and she was her normal self although more cantankerous than usual! 🙀We took her to Aldi to do her shopping and she wanted a small brown loaf, they only had large ones which she didn’t want even though DH suggested she halved it before putting it in the freezer! We picked up a couple of things we needed and I said to DH I thinkI will get her that loaf as I was worried she wouldn’t have any bread. When we have gave it her at home she said she didn’t want it she didn’t eat that type of bread and threw it back at DH! 🙀
Lovewine I am glad that your boiler is repaired and was a simple fault! I know how you feel with YS going back especially after 2 weeks! Maybe he will meet a nice young lady this year? I expect the dogs are missing him too?
Joan it’s always a relief to get the decorations safely stored  away! It’s never easy telling people your diagnosis as they don’t know what to say to you for the best!
DH is going to doctors this am as he has had an intermittent lower groin pain for a while he suspects it maybe a hernia! 😬 He is awaiting his 3rd bowel screening test the second one was clear but he had to do a third as the first one wasn’t! All worrying times!
We are going to London on Wednesday to see Catherine Tate so looking forward to that.😂
Today when DH comes back from doctors we have some items to take to the hospice charity shop we have been meaning to take them for several months so today is the day!
Hope the week starts well for you all!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies . Feeling a bit deflated now as YS left last night after nearly 2 weeks home - I will miss him and I do worry about him ... don’t like to think of him being on his own too much 😮, although he does have a busy life !
Rosie , glad you are feeling better , these viruses can be very difficult to shift , there are lots of people I know with coughs and also a nasty stomach bug going around 😬!. What do you have planned this week? Hopefully mil is feeling better now .
Joan , enjoy your Monday , at least the week starts with nice activities ! Regarding Pajamas there are a lot in the sales at the moment so you should find a good selection .
It’s not easy telling people your diagnosis , but at least people rally around ( mostly !) .
Have a good day ladies .

Rosie, its good that your viral infection has at last cleared and didnt linger on for weeks. Sorry to hear about MIL, how is she now? Good that the CT scan was clear though.

Lovewine, what a relief to have your boiler working again, especially with the cold weather being forecast. I think I will be in hospital for 4 to 5 days, so must treat myself to some new pyjamas. I feel a bit in limbo at the moment but hopefully will find out about appt times early this week. 

All decorations now down and stored. Phew! Back to normal tomorrow, with a nice start, Qi Gong in the morning and archiving in the afternoon. Quite a lot on the rest of the week, though that might be stymied if the appts clash. Also have to face letting various people know about the diagnosis, I held off with most people because its not what you want to put on a Xmas card but need to bite the bullet now. 

Hope you all have good weeks. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, Joan , what a shame your surgery date clashes with your family trip, i think with all the appointments you will have the time will soon go quickly. Do you know how long you will be in hospital for after the surgery?
Rosie, sorry to hear about MILs admittance to hospital, i hope she is back home now, good news the CT was clear though.
Thankfully the boiler is now fixed, wasnt too much of a problem, just a faulty fan.
Met some of our dog walking friends this afternoon and YS came too which was nice, we ended up in the village pub at the end for a well earned 🍷!
Community Champion

Viral infection only just cleared after 10 days!🙁
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Cassie hope that you enjoyed your walk with ED and GS I expect that he goes back to school soon? 

Lovewine I expect that YS does get enjoyed by being spoilt by you, the dogs will miss him!
Glad that your cordless dyson has made life easier for you! I do hope,that your boiler gets sorted out today it’s not the weather you want it going wrong! Thank goodness that you have a wood burner! We are due to return to Cyprus on 12th Jan which I am not looking forward to as they have had a lot of rain and temperatures between 14-17. Which sound high but I can assure you that it is not inside as there are no carpets and no central heating! 🙀
Joan I am so pleased that you treated yourself to a new iPad it’s typical that the old one decides to work now though! 😬
I am glad that you have a date for your op you will find that the next 3 weeks go very quickly! It’s rather a blow that it coincides with YD’s birthday celebrations, maybe they will let her change the date?
Our Christmas tree comes out of a box and fits together in 3 parts and then - hey presto, plugs in and lights up!😄 We got it half price in the Dunelm sale last January!
We went to the theatre in Malvern last night to see the pantomime Snow White, Sue Pollard from Hi Di Hi was the wicked queen! In the interval DH had a missed call from his Y Sister and I had a message to say that MIL had been taken to hospital as she was feeling dizzy and the doctor didn’t like the sound of her symptoms! They were keeping her overnight so we will have to see how thing are today! BIL, who is the nearest said she seemed ok and that the CT scan results were clear! She will be 93 in April! My dad got to 93!
I am meeting my sister in Hereford today so I must get up to get to the station!
Have a good weekend ladies!

Message sent from new ipad. Old one decided to resurrect itself a bit so now have two, one for upstairs one down!

A very belated happy new year ladies. The week has been rather busy, with the last three days spent with GCn. We did have New Years Day to ourselves, which we spent looking at churches in Gloucestershire. Had a lovely NYs Eve with friends, on a bit of a high after the CT results. Now have a date for surgery -28th Jan, which is later than I had hoped. unfortunately it means we will miss spending a few days staying at the NT property YD has booked to celebrate her 40th birthday but that was the first date they could offer. Still waiting to get dates to see the consultant and for pre-op so a bit up in the air. At least I will have some time to get things organised re work commitments.

Lovewine, hope your misbehaving boiler is now sorted out and you are seeing the benefits of your cordless vacuum. Good news that ES and DILs house is sorted, he has obviously inherited your skill at securing bargains with the sofa.

Rosie, has your viral infection cleared up now. Youre very organised getting your tree down and stored, we have all that to do on Sunday. We tend to leave it to the last possible day, it always looks so bare afterwards. At least OH and I dont argue over the taking the tree down, unlike putting it up.

Cassie, you do sound well positioned to see the fireworks. We spent NYE in London a few years ago and went down to the river to watch, quite an experience though very crowded, it was still free then. Glad your brother is doing well. Hope you had fine weather for your walk, it was glorious here today, had a lovely walk along the seafront with the children, well we walked, they mainly ran. Oh to have the energy of a 6 year old. 

Wildpurl hope you had an enjoyable Xmas and managed to get some crafting done. 

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, a very chilly one here today and to cap it all our boiler broke down again last night, we have someone coming out tomorrow to fix it, we have the woodburner so that’s something !

Cassie i am glad to hear your brother is doing well apart from his knees, hope you enjoyed your walk with ED and GS.

I have been very busy all week with work, hopefully by next week it will have quitened down a little😏

Rosie, YS booked a couple of extra days off so he goes back to London on sunday, hes benefited from some spoiling by me i think😊, its nice to have him home and i always miss him when he leaves, but its nice when life returns to just the two of us!!

Not much to report other than my cordless dyson came on wednesday and its made life much easier, no wires to fall over and very powerful, not very exciting i know ! ☺️

Have a nice weekend ladies, Rosie, how long are you here for before returning to Cyprus? 

Good Morning Ladies,

I do get quite a view of the fireworks over London on New years eve and of course the 5th November I can only just about manage to see the glow from the ones on the Thames though. EB seems to fine at the moment he's knees are very stiff though bless him even getting out of a black cab is very difficult for him these days, thats what happens after years of being a carpet fitter!

I am hoping to meet with GS and ED later this morning for a walk have a lovely day ladies

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine I hope your YS has recovered after his New Year celebrations! I think it’s tomorrow he returns home?
I know what you mean about getting back into routine I lose track of the day it is completely!🙀
Good plan giving ES and DIL your Vax cordless!😉 You need a powerful one for your pet hair!
We did actually go to see Mary Poppins last night as I didn’t fancy any of the other films and we haven’t taken advantage of our cinema code 2 for 1 for ages, also a local boy was playing the role as one of the leading children! It was well done but you had to have a knowledge of the old film. DH went to sleep for a part of it! 😳 We has fish and chips afterwards! 😜
We took our Christmas tree down yesterday and DH took it back to the store. The living space looks much bigger and lighter!
Joan hopefully you will get your appointments through soon so you don’t have to spend too long stressing!
Wildpurl make the most of your last few days holiday!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies and a very happy new year to you all 🥂😊... ours was a quiet one which I quite like , ES and DIL came for a walk and a coffee yesterday and OH picked YS up from Rugby station - he looked very pale and tired and hung over !!!
I have given ES my Vax cordless hoover as I have treated myself to a Dyson cordless in the sales 😊.. it’s coming today hopefully !! It’s more powerful so I will find it easier - that’s my excuse anyway 😉!!
Am happy it’s normal working hours again today as I have found the extended holiday quite tedious - I worked but OH and everyone else did not , so I will be happy to be back in the routine again .
Rosie it looks like ES and DILs house is all in place , just waiting for the seller to find somewhere , they have ordered 2 new sofas in the sales from SCS so they are excited about those - dark slate grey fabric which looks lovely .
Cassie I hope you enjoyed your Prosecco , expect it will be busy at work for you this week!
Joan , hope you had a good new year with your friends .
Wildpurl , expect you will be planning your garden growing season soon ..
Rosie I expect it will be nice not to rush about for the next few days - it is very tiring travelling and socialising I think 😮, not sure there is much on at the cinema .. we wanted to go the other day but didn’t fancy seeing any of the films , not liking Mary poppins at all the first time around either !!

Have a good week ladies - Joan I expect appointments will be coming in fast , hoping you are not waiting too long .
Community Champion

Happy New Year ladies!
Hope you all had a good New Year’s Eve?
Cassie did you see the fireworks from your flat? Hope you enjoyed your Prosecco!🍾🤪
We had a good evening playing games and I didn’t drink too much! We watched the fireworks from our friends 4th floor apartment that were going up all over the city, thankfully they didn’t last too long! The Catherdral bells rang out also at midnight and we saw and heard it all from the comfort of not leaving the building!😊
Lovewine I am not sure I picked the virus up from YGS as he had a cough and cold and thankfully I don’t have either of those! I still have the swollen glands and feel a bit off colour but I am much improved. Just hoping DH doesn’t get it! 😬 I think I may have just exhausted myself with all the travelling and stress of keeping everyone happy! We have only just got our feet on the ground it has been non stop since we arrived! We have a few days now to relax.
If the weather holds we may go and stroll round the lake at Croome and then get the box from the store to put the Christmas tree away!
We may go to the cinema tomorrow not sure what to see though? I didn’t enjoy Mary Poppins the first time round so won’t be seeing the sequel!
Joan hope you enjoyed your evening!
I think you were having a quiet new year Wildpurl?
Lovewine you must be looking forward to YS returning for a few more days. Hope your parents had a good Christmas and that your dad will enjoy better health this year.
I hope that everything is progressing well with ES and DIL’s home purchase?
Have a quiet relaxing day ladies!

Good evening ladies,

Good to hear things are not as bad as you had thought Joan sending a big hug love and some strength to you.

Happy  and a healthy new year to all ladies whatever you are doing this evening, YD is in New York to celebrate her Birthday tomorrow she arrived on Saturday and will return next Saturday.

There is a bottle of prosecco in the fridge with my name on it xx

Community Champion

Joan great news it’s contained in the bowel , hopefully it will be soon when you can have surgery , I think it must have been caught early ... go out and put it to the back of your mind tonight and definitely buy a new iPad !
Rosie , annoying you still have your virus , do you think you caught it from YGS over Christmas ?😮

Thankyou ladies for the comments on our hard times - I am not sure how we made it through to be honest and the boys can’t remember any of it thank goodness ! But it makes us proud despite all the turmoil they got degrees and good jobs !
It explains why I worked so hard before the BC - even now I do find it hard to slow down!!

I wish you all a very happy and healthy new year and Joan you would rather not have this damn disease but as the others have said it’s a lot better news than it could have been 💐
Community Champion

Joan so pleased that the news wasn’t as bad as you had feared! It’s obviously been caught early! Now enjoy your New Year celebrations and get that new iPad! X

Joan I am so pleased to hear the results of your scan, of course you would rather not have it at all but this is so much better than it could have been, I think it counts as good news. 

Got the CT results this morning - the cancer hasn't spread beyond the bowel which is great news and so much better than I was fearing and almost expecting. So it's a question now of getting a date for surgery, which should be sometime in January and of course the appts leading up to that.  So going to be a busy January. Must remember to do my tax return!

Rosie, good you know what it is but I don't think there is anything they can do about a viral infection, is there, other than just treating the symptoms. so I hope it soon clears up. 

My i-pad now seems to have given up completely, which is a great nuisance. 

Community Champion

It’s viral! 😒
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your business and your home! 😢 You both did very well to go forward with 2 young children and start again. Can completely understand why you are not keen on this time of year! You should feel very proud of what you have achieved for you and your 2 sons.
I am with you on the making of new year resolutions mine were usually with dieting! 😳
As I type I am holding on the appointments line at the doctors surgery as I am still no better! Yes got one at 9.50am ! 👍
Joan glad you all enjoyed the Borrowers you will feel better when you know what the outcome of your CT scan. It’s always worse waiting for results! We all hope that it will not be as bad as you are fearing! Whatever the outcome continue with your plans for tonight don’t let it get the better of you!
Cassie and Wildpurl hope you both enjoyed Christmas.
Once again ladies my wish for you all is health and happiness! 🥂🎊🎉2019 Bring it on! 😌

No wonder you dislike Xmas Lovewine, what a devastating experience to go through, and with two young children as well.  It says a lot about your resilience as a couple to have survived that. 

Rosie, glad MIL wasnt upset by the scan. I expect it will be a while before she gets the results though. You certainly seem to have picked up a nasty bug; it does sound like you might need to go to the doc. I hope you manage to enjoy your NY celebration. 

The Borrowers was very good and enjoyed by both children and adults. I was in rather a black mood yesterday morning so it did a good job of cheering me up. We wont be on GC duty now till Wednesday. Spending NYE with the couple we go to the theatre at Stratford with, unless the news tomorrow is so bad I cant face it, or place them in a difficult position. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, to be honest i am glad the festivies are nearly over , i know i am a bit of a misery when it comes to Christmas 🤨, i like Christmas day but thats all, i have disliked it for over 25 years, mainly when our 2 boys were babies and it was the recession of the early 90’s which saw interest rates at 15%, We had a very succesful garden design and landscape business and a very nice victorian house with a lovely lifestyle, sadly our business was secured on our house- so when the bank called in our business loan our house went with it ! There followed several years of moving from one rented house to another, we actually moved into the first one 2 days before Christmas with nothing left to buy presents with-  have disliked Christmas ever since😒,  i suppose thats why i am now a workaholic as i cant bear to be in that position again .

Rosie, i am glad MIL is upbeat and seems ok, how lovely to have all got together , it is hard these days to coordinate families as we are all so spread out these days! Expect it was hard to say good to ES and family, but the months fly past and holidays will be here before we know it, enjoy your new years eve, we dont really bother going out, may get a nice meal from marks and spencer and watch t.v - really know how to live it up here☺️

Joan, i hope you havent got much longer to wait for your results, at least you managed to put your worries aside a little with Christmas, are you doing anything for New year?

As Rosie said, A happy and healthy new year to you all , with special thoughts of you Joan💐.

I am working tomorrow , then having my hair cut in the afternoon, no new years resolutions from me as i never stick to them!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I think you need to treat yourself to a new IPad you deserve it! I am glad to hear that you managed to have an enjoyable Christmas! What a nightmare to have to look after GC on Christmas Eve! 😳 Hope you all enjoyed The Borrowers. I do hope that you hear from the nurse tomorrow!
Mil didn’t seem phased by her CT scan and certainly was full of the joys of spring at the family get together!
It isn’t a cold I have, I had aching shoulders accompanied by a temperature which I still have and now I have swollen glands in my neck and feel lethargic. This is my 4th day so feeling fed up! Will have to see if I can get to a doctor if it continues! 😬
ES returned to Calais last night and faces a long final day of driving back home to Nancy.
I think it will be August before we see them again unless we manage to get a motorhome trip over to France Easter time. 🤔
Lovewine I noticed some pink blossom on some trees yesterday!😯
DD says they have the cream eggs and mini eggs out in the shops! 🙀
Have you managed to get your boiler sorted yet? We are due for a cold snap so hopefully you have! 😱
Has anyone got anything planned for New Year’s Eve? It’s always a bitter sweet experience I find! We are going up to our friends upstairs as they are on the 4th floor and we should get a good view of fireworks!
Whatever you are doing ladies I wish you all a happy, healthy New Year, especially you Joan! 🥂🍾🎉🎊

Wildpurl, just realised I missed you out. Hope you had a good Xmas, albeit with its inevitable sad thoughts and you are getting in some relaxation in alongside clearing your loft.

Sorry not to have been in touch over Xmas, family staying until Boxing Day, then unexpectedly having to look after GCn yesterday, plus my i-pad playing up so internet access unpredictable. I think I may have to buy a new one. 

Rosie, what a shame about your cold, hope it clears up soon and it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the big family get-together.You are certainly having a very hectic Xmas. And family health worries too with your niece's little boy and MIL i hope the baby is now home and that MIL’s scan wasnt a distressing exoerience for her. It does seem a lot to put a very old lady through but I suppose, if it is confirmed, and hopefully it wont  be, it will be a question of them deciding how to manage it. 

Lovewine, what a time for your boiler to break down. At least the weather was quite mild and you had the log burner to give you one cosy room. Hope it is sorted now. How lovely to get a surprise anniversary present, and such a nice one too. Hope the workload isnt too horrendous, though I imagine it will be. 

Cassie, hope you have had an enjoyable Xmas. It is lovely to have someone else in charge of Xmas lunch though I expect you had to do quite a bit of preparation for Boxing Day. How is EB doing?

We had a very enjoyable Xmas and I managed to keep the dark thoughts at bay most of the time. YD produced a delicious lunch and the children were thrilled with their presents. Xmas Eve was rather trying, we had volunteered to look after the GCn who were absolute horrors, spending most of the time squabbling over the most ridiculous things. Even the threat that Father Xmas might miss out their house only brought a temporary respite. Today we are on our own for the first time. Should have been going out to a restaurant for  dinner with friends but she has a tummy upset so we have decided to go on our own, something we rarely do. Tomorrow we are taking GCn and parents to see The Borrowers at the theatre and Sunday have friends coming for coffee. Hopefully Monday I will hear from the nurse.