61172members
322551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good Morning ladies from a very bracing but dry Norfolk!!!

Joan I am so glad that you are doing so well and hope that you enjoy your break with the family in Anglesey! 

Lovewine with new carpets laid ES and DIL will feel much more homely!

We visited Blakeney on the way. The day before yesterday we got a bus into Cromer which wasn’t far from our site. We walked on the Pier and I thought of you Joan! 

Yesterday we went the other way on the bus to Sheringham and after a cold brisk walk to the sea front went and had a fish and chip over 60 meal with a mug of tea!🤣

En route back we stopped at the circus and went to the 3pm show! 

Today we are off th Gt Yarmouth for 2 nights calling in to see friends near Norwich  from Somerset we haven’t seen for well over 20 years! 😳

Stay warm ladies! I didn’t bring gloves and have borrowed DH’s as I am still using crutches for long distances and can’t put my hands in my pockets!

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie I hope your trip is going well - a bit chilly though , especially with the cold easterly wind coming off that sea 😬!!

i agree the price to go inside at Sandringham is too pricey , we always stop with the dogs on the woodland there and have a walk through before going on to Holkham or Brancaster beaches - I find it a bit too flat for me , I prefer the rugged cliffs and bays of Cornwall and Devon ! 

Joan , have a lovely week in Anglesey , just what you need after the last few months .. maybe the weather will be better than you think , we have stayed in north wales many times and watched the clouds roll in but stop at the mountains !

glad all is well with your appt - interesting about the nuts , I think we are all supposed to be eating more nuts and seeds in our diet 😏.

ES and DIL had new carpets fitted yesterday and have painted the skirting boards so everything is looking much more homely now .

still a lot to do but it can be done gradually .

i have been fairly busy with work .

Cassie hope you are ok and not too overloaded with work .

Wildpurl are you away for Easter ? 

Have a good day everyone 😊

Rosie, I hope you are having a lovely trip, although if its anything like here it may be quite chilly and dull this week, as you say, good job youve got heating.  hopefully youve had no repetition of the pouring rain. Its not an area I know but there seems to be lots to see.  £15.50 even for oldies sounds pretty steep, though. What a wrench it must be to part with your dog. But its good that shes in a good place and has settled in.

Lovewine, a beautiful photo of what was clearly a much enjoyed event. 

Cassie, glad you enjoyed your time in Madrid, despite the unexpected rain and the annoying flight delay. With all that walking you should at least have walked off the churros! Hope your cold hasnt come to anything much, I think its quite common to pick up these things from p,ane travel, not surprising I suppose. Hope going back to work wasnt too much of a shock- you often seem to find a load of stuff waiting for you.

My appt last Tuesday was fine although I only saw the Macmillan nurse, who went through the surveillance plan with me, which just seems to be blood tests every 6 months and CT scans plus colonoscopy (yuk) annually. She thought I was doing really well, which is reassuring.  Wasnt able to give much in the way of new specific advice about minimising the risk of recurrence other than eating tree nuts ( I thought all nuts grew on trees so had to look that up. Seems peanuts dont, but thats because they’re not actually nuts. So Ive learnt something. 

Off on a week’s holiday with the family on Saturday. Cottage in Anglesey. Weather forecast not brilliant but hopefully will get some opportunties to get the kids on a beach. 

Community Champion

@Debbie-Maggie wrote:

Some years ago I checked out one of the charities existed solely to provide wigs for children. I was disappointed to find that they acted almost as a middleman. They collected hair donations and sold them on, abroad where fine hair commands a premium price,  then used the proceeds to buy wigs here. I went three weeks ago to my local college and had mine cut very short and dyed turquoise blue. They where brilliant, fitting me in at short notice and refusing to charge anything. A wonderful cut too. Oddly before the cut I was resigned to losing my long hair but now it is the short hair and the care taken to achieve it that I’m sad about. The lecturer asked if I’d thought about donating it though she had no idea how to. I ended up saying they could have it for their students to practice colouring on. 

Hi Debbie I think you have posted on the wrong thread we are April 2014 starters! 🤔

Community Champion

Hi Debbie I think you have posted on the wrong thread we are April 2014 starters! 🤔

Some years ago I checked out one of the charities existed solely to provide wigs for children. I was disappointed to find that they acted almost as a middleman. They collected hair donations and sold them on, abroad where fine hair commands a premium price,  then used the proceeds to buy wigs here. I went three weeks ago to my local college and had mine cut very short and dyed turquoise blue. They where brilliant, fitting me in at short notice and refusing to charge anything. A wonderful cut too. Oddly before the cut I was resigned to losing my long hair but now it is the short hair and the care taken to achieve it that I’m sad about. The lecturer asked if I’d thought about donating it though she had no idea how to. I ended up saying they could have it for their students to practice colouring on. 

Hi, used to live in Doncaster now in Sheffield. I’m one of the older women someone above mentioned. I was diagnosed last April but my operation wasn’t able to be done for a mixture of reasons until this February. Mastectomy and all nymph nodes on right. My chemo starts on Thursday. That workshop sounds good. Let us know what it was like. I’m seeing my oncologist that day otherwise I’d be tempted. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine thanks for all your useful suggestions! We did pass Kings Lynn and stopped at the Tesco near there! We couldn’t fit on the Saindburys car park!😳 We needed to stock up on bottled water for drinking! 

We are at a site on the Sandringham Estate! Tomorrow we move off to Cromer, hoping to get to Blakeney Point!. I have seen some of the other places you suggested on the map as we move round the coast. As we have never been here before all new to us and we will definitely come back! Not sure whether we will visit the House today as it’s £15.50 even with over 60’s discount each!😳 DH thinks it will be too far for me to walk so it would mean leaving our pitch, we do have a reserved sign we can use and securing everything inside to travel just up the road! 

Weather not brilliant but at least not pouring with rain supposed be to be better tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies!

Community Champion

Rosie have a good trip ! I also thought of Brancaster where there are some nice pubs from lunch / evening also a nice beach with parking close to it 😏.

Hunstanton is ok , but places to eat etc .. also has Tesco and Sainsbury’s .

Sheringham is nice , we stayed there for a couple of nights when I was having chemo - also quite accessible . 

If you travel in from the kings lynn direction you may go past the lavender farm at Heacham which has a nice cafe and shop selling the most lovely lavender products 😊

enjoy your break you deserve it after the past few weeks 😬.

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Today the weather looks slightly better than it was yesterday when it poured most of the day! The roof in Tesco was leaking in several places! 😳 I said to DH that it was the most amount of rain we have had here for some time!

Lovewine it will be very difficult for me when I get back to Cyprus and the dog won’t be there! Our landlady has sent us photos of her and said she is a lovely girl and is settling well!

Thank your for your suggestions of places to visit in Norfolk we will look out for them enroute. Not always as easy to get to some places and park in a motorhome! It looks like we should be able to park at Holkham beach during the day!😃 It looks like we will pass near Holt on our way to Cromer. Suggestions for parking a motorhome are at the Holt Country Park as their are restrictions in Holt itself for caravans and motor homes! But apparently a fair step form town!😳

We are off later this morning!

Have a good weekend all! We are back on 16th.

Community Champion

Morning ladies , a real chilly dog walk this morning with frosty grass.

Cassie how awful for ED with the stabbing being so close , there always seems to be some incident going on , even in our village last year we had the rape and murder lf an elderly lady on the adjoining street to ours.

Rosie, it must be hard to let your dog go to another home, but she has gone to a loving one it sounds and she will be happy i am sure.

We hopefully are going this weekend to see fishermans friends after many attempts in 2 weeks!

enjoy your trip to Norfolk, its a place we visit regularly even for the day , if you come across Holkham beach its worth a look 😊, also the town of Holt is very pretty and Burnham market too , although quite posh 😮!

Joan , interesting my dad has been taking the hemp oil for his awful nerve pain from shingles and he says he slept better and the pain is much better.

Been very busy this week 😏, nearly the weekend !

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Cassie it sounds like you had a blast in Madrid! 

What a shock for ED to have a stabbing so close to home! Nearly every day there seems to be another very worrying times!

Lovewine DH and I went to see Fishermen Friends on Tuesday night and we thoroughly enjoyed it! It’s a fantastic story and of course lovely scenery of Port Isaac! I would recommend it for any of you ladies that can get to see it!

Tomorrow we are going away in the Motorhome for 10 days just as the spring weather seems to have disappeared!😳 We are going to tour round the Norfolk area and are visiting friends that we haven’t seen since we lived in Somerset over 20 years ago! At least we have heating in the motorhome!

Good Afternoon Ladies,

We arrived back quite lat last night due to the flight being delayed apparently there was a loose panel on the plane according to the captain which was fixed in about an hour or so but then we waited for the work to be signed off, all I can say is its obviously better safe than sorry. I cannot say some of the other passengers on the plane had the same patience it was boring being stuck on the runway and I am sure a few people had connecting flights to worry about but BA did their best. The trip was really nice lots of walking we did 22,300 steps on Saturday alone we had some lovely food incuding churros and chocolate sauce which was from a very old chocolateria San Gines founded in 1894 which was on Friday evening instead of a desert.  We went to a couple of indoor food markets rather like Borough Market in London but of course the food variety was very different. The flamenco dancing was in a very traditional bar recommended by the tourist board all very dramatic as expected with live guitar playing and also a singer.

We did fairly well with the weather Saturday was very sunny and the temperature just right for walking so we went to the local park which was also recommended by one of YD work friends who is Spanish El Retiro I will post some photo's when YD has downloaded them, they are all on her phone. We went to an outdoor market which was huge on Sunday and we got very wet in the rain, it was not expected. We did some shopping on Monday and left our luggage in our hotel which was handy. The only thing was most of central Madrid seemed to be having roadworks and very large buildings were being renovated it was really wide spread absolutely everywhere, I would really hate to drive there even the taxi driver on the way from the airport had to double check which roads he could use to get us to our hotel.

I would not say I am well rested, we walked everywhere while there, but I am rested from the usual mundane everyday work. ED had some sad news as soon as we landed she text to say another victim to knife crime had been killed almost on her doorstep last night, on the route she takes to GS school every day, it is so sad and shocking.

I will back at work tommorrow I seem to have picked a cold up, which I hardly ever get, probably from the plane.

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies what a shame to wake up to rain after the lovely day it was yesterday!

Joan hopefully all will be well with your check up today it sounds like you are doing really well. I am not surprised that you get tired after all the recent medical issues you and OH have experienced! See it as a time to slow down a bit and take more time for yourself!

I can understand you wanting to take your turn at the 150th anniversary of the pier but it’s good that you can also get to the Hay festival!

The blood pressure reading are all quite high with some of them very high the reading are all over the place! The doctor averages them apparently, which I shall of course do before I return it on Thursday!

The pain is getting less thank you and I am able to walk further although like you get very tired and I am still on crutches!

Glad you enjoyed the theatre visit although the you found the subject challenging! 😳 Well done on cheering yourself up with a new top and trousers! 😄

Lovewine what a lovely picture of ES’s birthday meal! You must be exhausted after your busy weekend! It’s good that ES and DIL have some time off to get the house sorted!

DD’ s train was delayed by an hour and then we lost the hour on Sunday so felt a bit cheated.

We had much to discuss! 😬 We had a very good Chinese meal on Saturday night quite the best I have ever had! Her visit was over all too soon!

DH arrived back last night and grumbled this morning about me being so restless in the bed!😳

Some news that leaves us both with a heavy heart is that our landlady offered to rehome the dog as she is looking for a house dog! She has a plot where she has keeps rescue animals near her house. Her home is in the hills so will be cooler for our dog in the heat of the summer! 

She is an animal lover and lost her house dog last summer. We really couldn’t have hoped to find a more suitable new owner for her!

I will find this extremely difficult when I go back to Cyprus and she isn’t there but I know it is the best outcome for her with us both spending increasing amounts of time away not to mention the money we will save on boarding her! 😏

DH found it difficult when he had to pack all her stuff! She went to Hounds on Holiday on Saturday and will be collected and taken to her new home on Wednesday. 

I haven’t seen her since Feb 20th! 😢

Cassie hope you had an amazing time in Madrid?

Wildpurl hopefully you got to spend some time in your garden last week?

Community Champion

3CCDA932-4295-4184-A06F-2C9C442905E9.jpegEnjoying the birthday meal with DILs mum and 2 of her 3 sisters , my OH , ES and YS !

Community Champion

Good evening ladies - a very hectic few days for us but enjoyable . ES loved the cake and had a nice birthday , they have this week off and have chosen and ordered new carpets for the upstairs rooms today and are trying to get the new house in some sort of order !

Joan I hope your appointment goes well with the surgeon , you are doing very well , I think the tiredness is to be expected after such a stressful time both physically and mentally ,

glad you had a trip to Stratford although the subject matter was certainly not ideal .

i got the CBD oil on Amazon and I also buy it on behalf of my client with the broken spine injury and she says it helps - I will look on my order details and let you know.

Rosie I hope your weekend with DD went well it must have been nice to spend time with her on her own .

Cassie I hope you are feeling recharged after your weekend away !

Wildpurl I expect you are busy now at work after your week off !

i am very busy this week , just when I could do with a quieter week to recover from the house move !

Cassie, hope you have had a lovely time in Madrid and come back feeling refreshed. 

Lovewine, love the cake as I imagine ES will too. Quite a celebratory weekend for him and DIL, moving into their house at last. Hope you and OH are not too exhausted. How far away from you is their place?  I was interested to read what you said abot CBD oil. I have looked it up on line but got quite confused about all the different types, some of which are really expensive. Can you remember what brand/type you had for your dog? 

Rosie, hope the blood pressure monitor shows lower readings, I think sometimes the very fact of having it measured in a clinic sends it up. White coat syndrome it used to be called although nobody seems to wear those now. Im not surprised you had to get a taxi after walking to the hairdressers in the morning. Are you in any less pain now? Hope you have had a good couple of days with DD. You asked about the Hay Festival. Yes, we are going again this year, but will miss the first weekend because it is the 150th anniversary of Clevedon Pier and I want to be around for the celebrations. Also we are putting on an exhibition from the archive and I need to take my turn on the rota. 

I have my check up with the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be pronounced OK because apart from tiredness when I do too much physically, lime gardening, I feel pretty good. So I imagine it will mainly be finding out what the monitoring schedule will be. Had our first visit to the theatre at Stratford since before Xmas, which was lovely. Wonderful performance, which git a standing ovation from just about everyone in the house. Challenging though since it was about an aging actor dying from, of course, cancer. We booked it ages ago and I dont think we knew what it was about. I did think at one point I might have to go out but I was glad I didnt. On a more cheerful note I bought a summer top and trousers from White Stuff! Wanted to replace my elderly Ecco trainers  but changed my mind when I saw they were now £135! 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies! 

Lovewine what a lovely cake you won’t want  to eat the icing!😳

I am so glad that all went well with the house move they are very lucky to have you to help!

Enjoy your family meal tonight!

Cassie good to hear that you got away it sounds like you are packing a lot in! 😄

DD arrives at 1.30 but meeting my sister first for coffee at 10.45!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Hello from Madrid ladies 

Awh how very cute lovewine love the cake. We explored yesterday and had a nice evening meal. Site seeing todsy and flamenco tonight! Keeping it short as on my phone,  I don't have the patience. Have a good weekend x

Community Champion

FFBC9A43-4D78-44CF-AE9A-39E097E6B8B3.jpegThis is ESs cake I bought - the photo was made into edible icing - taken when he was about 18 months old !

Community Champion

Hello ladies - a quick hello from me 😊 ED and DIL moved in , absolutely worn out now , OH has now driven to Rugby train station to collect ES 😊 we will be helping with unpacking and sorting all weekend , have a nice meal though to look forward to tomorrow for ESs 30th birthday which was today .

Rosie enjoy your weekend with DD , hope the meet up for coffee goes well with your sister too .. have you anything planned with DD ? Although it will be lovely just to spend some time together.

Have a lovely weekend ladies whatever your plans 😊

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Lovewine I hope all is going well your end with the commencement of a very busy weekend! At least the weather looks good! 😊 Good luck! Hopefully by Sunday you will get some relaxation time!

I collected the blood pressure machine yesterday from the surgery and have to record it twice a day for a week! 😳 I am sad to report that it was still very high yesterday! I seem to go from one medical issue to another!😒 The nurse that gave it me yesterday said on return of the results the doctor would average them and contact me if he/she is concerned!

I had to take a taxi there and back to the surgery as it is too far to walk! I had already walked to the hairdressers and back in the morning! I have to say the experience was totally different from last week thank goodness! 😊

Cassie if you decided to go to Madrid with YD have a wonderful weekend!

Joan and Wildpurl hope you both have good weekends!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies Lovewine and Joan I hope you both slept better last night?

I slept marginally better and my bed only resmembled an apple turnover! 😂

Joan I am so glad that OH’s medication kicked in and reduced his vertigo episode and that you were able to go to lunch with your friend and enjoy Chepstow Castle with the grandchildren on Sunday! I am rather surprised that the toll was stopped as it was quite hefty and a source of income to keep the bridge in good repair. I think concessions should have been made for regular commuters! I used to cross the Tamar bridge each day to Cornwall and it was either £1 on the way back into Plymouth or you could have a book of tickets that worked out at 50p a day. Later the ticket system was replaced by a tag. Maybe the smooth running of ticketing booths were costing too much money. I know most of them were self service!

Joan I am listening to the local radio and they have just been talking about the Hay festival and how it will be even bigger this year! Just wondering if you are able to go this year?

Lovewine another lovey chilly morning! It will be a lovely celebration for ES to celebrate his 30th birthday with the family and to be able to move into his home! If you haven’t noticed any difference from not taking your anxiety tablets maybe it’s time to stop them!🤔 

Yesterday I had coffee with the couple upstairs they have now gone to Devon for 3 days. I don’t have any plans for the next 2 days but probably need to savour them as Thursday on will be busy.

Hair Thursday morning them I will have to use a taxi to get me to the surgery to pick up the blood pressure monitor that I have to borrow for a week! Friday - Physio, another taxi up the hill but I will walk back! Saturday DD arrives. I already have a long standing coffee appointment with my sister at one of our favourite hauntsSaturday morning where she loves the flapjack and I love the iced cream filled lemon cake! 😜 I was a bit put out when she said she would get a later train and stay and have a cup of tea with DD when she arrives at 1.30pm!  That wasn’t part of the plan but she is keen to see her and DD doesn’t mind! We really need the time together much to discuss! 😏 I have booked a table for us at the local Chinese restaurant for the evening which isn’t much further than the Vue Cinema! She is only here until Sunday and then DH returns on Monday! 

Have a good day ladies!

Community Champion

Evening ladies , what a lovely day again , a bit chilly first thing this morning though - one of our dog walking ladies has gone to Norfolk for 5 days with her OH and 🐶.., lucky thing !

Rosie I laughed at the Swiss roll bed too ☺️, hope you have a better night tonight , I am also sleeping badly at the moment - seem to wake up at midnight and stay awake for a few hours and then wake up at 5 o’clock 😬.

Rosie ES will be 30 on his birthday this week !

cant believe it .

Joan , glad you made the castle trip - we also found everywhere seemed busy yesterday when we went out for a walk - people enjoying the sunshine I think .

A Makita jigsaw is a power tool - something which will be handy in their new home I suspect !

Regarding the CBD oil Joan - when my previous dog had cancer and was having chemo I researched treatments and this was highly regarded alongside it - I bought some and it made his symptoms much easier - so much so that my vet treating him used it on her own dog who was very ill and she recommends it now to other clients with ill pets ! Also one of my clients broke her back several years ago and although she is mobile again she suffers terrible back pain and the oil helps her - I order it for her online . My friend who has the terminal diagnosis also takes it and it helps his chemo side effects .

I am thinking of taking some Kalms night time , although when I took them last year I felt quite “ hung over” the next day ! When I had the awful flu bug a few weeks ago I was too ill to take my anti anxiety pills , I don’t actually feel any different , I haven’t resumed them since , I don’t think they helped me sleep as I have had many months of sleepless nights !

Lovely picture of GS Rosie, hard to believe how grown up he looks. Good to hear you’re getting out a bit more every day. Your description of your Swiss roll bed made me laugh although not good that you had such a bad night. I had a really bad one last night too. I was moaning about it to friends at Penny Brohn this morning and a couple of people recommended CBD oil, which is apparently cannabis oil, without the active bit which makes it addictive - and illegal. They checked it out with a doctor at the centre who okayed it so I might give it a try. Obviously not something you would want to try alongside painkillers though. I can understand your decision not to complain about the taxi drivers, I think I would probably have done the same. Awful, though, isnt it that such bad service goes unreported due to fear of reprisals. 

Cassie, what a shame ED had her night out ruined. I hope the issue is now sorted. How nice to have a long weekend to look forward to. Have you decided on Madrid? I’ve never been but its on the list. Good job Brexit has been delayed though or you might have had problems. We’re not going abroad till September, by which time, surely, some resolution will have been reached. 

Lovewine, you seem to have got your special events shopping sorted. What’s a makita jigsaw? 

Had quite a busy weekend. On Saturday I made a big pot of soup- curried parsnip, but think I overdid the curry powder- before going to have lunch with a friend. We’d had to cancel it twice because of OH having his vertigo attacks and I thought we might have to cancel again because he had another one Friday night which lasted till Saturday morning. Fortunately the medication worked this time. Sunday we took the grandchildren on the trip to Chepstow Castle we had cancelled the week before because of the weather. This time the weather was glorious. The rest of the world seemed to have decided Chepstow was the place to be because it was heaving, at one point we thought we might have give up because parking was so difficult. The people at the castle said ever since the toll charges have been cancelled on the Severn bridges its been like that. 

Hope you all have good weeks. Keep up the good work Rosie. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies,

Cassie your poor dog walking friend seems to have tried everything. When you are signed up for the op one of the questions is who will support you for the first few days when you leave hospital! She really won’t be able to manage herself especially with a dog!🙀 They may keep her in hospital a few days extra if they know she is by herself but I’m afraid her best friend will have to go to kennels! 😢

I do hope that your ED’s water and heating has been sorted out now?

I hope that you enjoy your weekend in Madrid or wherever else you decide to go for your long weekend!

Lovewine I talked to YGS yesterday on Skype and asked him about the carnival and his little friend! He said he was a fireman and the little girl, whose name I have forgotten, was a princess! 😄

He is growing up very fast he is 3yrs 5 months now!😮

I see your issue with the cinema having to travel half an hour away! 😬 Our Vue is 0.2 miles away! 

It sounds like you have done very well with your gift purchasing! I remember when you purchased some trousers for your mum and when you saw her she was wearing the very trousers and you had to exchange them!😳

They were lots of people along the river yesterday with dogs and runners were dodging in and out fortunately there weren’t too many cyclists! It was warm in the sun but chilly in the shade. The canal boat was doing a good trade! 

I am having coffee with friends upstairs this morning after my shopping has arrived! I think I will then head out later along the river again, it should be quieter today! I am managing to get a little further each day. I am still  on a hefty amount of paracetamol and ibuprofen. I had a bad night last night and ended up taking extra pain killers at 3 am and the bed looked like a Swiss roll I struggled to get out of it!😳

It looks like the dry sunny weather is here for a few days ladies!

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, Rosie, what a sweet photo of your little GS- but isnt he growing up fast 😊, i can see your point about not making a complaint to the taxi firm , certainly dont want any repercussions 😬, thankyou so much for the offer of the 2 for 1 tickets , i dont think we can make it on a weekday very easily sadly, OH isnt home until after 6 oclock and i am usually really worn out by early evening, so its usually weekends, our local vue which is about half an hour drive away is offering all tickets for £5 at the moment , because we are out of the town/ city theatre and cinema trips become a real expedition 😬. We will hopefully make it in a couple of weeks.

i managed to order ES a makita jigsaw which was on his wish list and came today with Amazon, i will order a housewarming gift online at Next too today, i have been looking at DILs instagram page and i know she is coveting several items from there ! My mum is sorted now- ordered some nice body shop shower gel and after eight mints😜, the cake i buy ready made , i think from Asda, i take in a baby photo and they make a edible topping from the photo .

Cassie, i hope you enjoyed your dog walk , it is such a worry for your friend with the housing situation, i hope something can be sorted out for her. Shame about EDs water and heating, hope its back on now, hopefully their evening out can be rearranged. Enjoy your long weekend😊

The weather has been glorious here , we did a nice walk, felt good to get some fresh air, we went by the canal and across the fields, the spring flowers were beautiful.

Joan and wildpurl, hope you have had a nice weekend.

Good Morning Ladies,

It is glorious here today all is well with the family and I hope to meet up with my dog walking friend in a hour or so. 

My dog walking friend has tried everything in her power Rosie local councillor, council office a letter from her GP and the law centre.

ED has had a small trauma, her water and heating have been off since yesterday at about 5pm she was not impressed because she had planned a rare evening out with BF and could not get ready BF had even bought some new trousers for the occasion shame. Work has been very busy as usual, I have a long weekend away planned so hopefully will get a change of scene if not a rest. YD fancied a lovely looking hotel in Madrid for next weekend.

The taxi experience was appalling Rosie, I know what you mean about being in two minds about complaining though, I have complained before and luckily nothing happened after but you can never be certain, our driver was driving too fast and erratically I noticed a small bottle of what looked like scotch in the gap between his seat and the gear box !

We were glad to get out

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing X

Community Champion

Good morning ladies from a sunny Worcester! 😊😎

Ladies I decided not to put a complaint in about the taxi incident as both drivers would have had my exact address and phone number and I thought what could happen if they got into trouble! I was poised to compile the email and then thought through possible consequences!😳

Lovewine did you manage to sort out a the cake for ES is it a special number birthday? It does sound like you are going to be busy make sure that you don’t do all the cooking take advantage of take away for all those tired hungry people!😳 On top of everything you will have a visit to your parents! I have sent MIL a book that she was third in line to borrow from the library that she wanted to read! 

Did you get your chores done with OH at the Bonsai centre? I am sorry to hear that you had a cheeky rat approach the bird feeder!🙀

I saw the film Fishermen’s Friends advertised on tv before I left Cyprus and wrote the release date in my diary! DH returns next Monday so I will get my Meerkat code on Thursday (2 for 1) for the following Tuesday! I hope that you and OH get to see it. If you want to go this Tuesday or Wednesday message me and I will send you my code from last week for this Tues or Weds! It has to be used on either of these two days! 

Wilpurl hope you enjoyed your visit to Bristol and returning home in the sunny weather will be more cheery! 

Joan hope you and OH are enjoying your weekend.

Cassie hope you and the family are well?

Ladies  what an awful experience the cruise ship off the coast of Norway is experiencing it certainly confirms my reluctance to ever go on an ocean liner again! 🙀

Yesterday my sister was meeting an old childhood friend in Worcester and I agreed to go and have a quick coffee with them. I hadn’t seen her friend since we all lived in the same crescent in a Worcestershire village! She remembered coming to our parents house when I was first going out with DH! She was an only child. She now has 3 children and several grandchildren! My sister had warned me that she would talk a lot about the grandchildren! The first thing she did before she had even sat down was pull out a phone to show us a picture of her 5 month grandson! My sister gave me a side ways smirk! Of course she only has one daughter and as yet no grandchildren! My niece has had a variety of gynaecologist issues so it’s not clear even if she wanted a family if it would be possible!😢

On the note of grandchildren I will attach a photograph that ES sent me of YGS at his Nursery Carnival with a little girl friend! 😄

I will be taking a walk along the river today! 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies, especially you Lovewine before your very busy weekend next week! 

56B82E4E-26D4-4D20-8406-6A2C70290A4F.jpeg

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie , I think your experience with the taxi driver was awful - no exscuse for rudeness 😡

you are doing so well managing though , have you found it easier or harder than before ? I hope you enjoyed your friends visit yesterday .i have been busy with work and also seem to have a lot of little chores to do that seem time consuming 😏!

Next weekend is going to be very hectic - we have taken Friday off to help with ESs house move , it’s also his birthday !.. have a cake to sort out which I need to find a baby photo of him to take to be made into icing probarly at Sainsbury’s !.., also his gift to order, mother’s day gift for my mum 😬 and YS will be back for the weekend too , he will need collecting from the station at some point amongst the chaos ! 

OH is going up to the Bonsai centre in Nottinghamshire with ES today , I might get on top of things this morning.

Joan , I hope you and your OH are doing ok and have a trip to look forward to this weekend ? Will you be resuming your volunteering at the Pier ? I often see it on the T.V and think how nice it looks .

Wildpurl , enjoy your weekend in Bristol too.

Cassie , have you any plans ?

i wanted to go to see Fisherman’s friends at the cinema - not sure when that’s going to be slotted in though at the moment !

By the way Rosie - no sign of my hedgehogs emerging yet - only a rat which I saw near the bird feeder !! 🙀🐀

Community Champion

Goodmorning ladies!

Joan my knee feels marginally a little less tight but I have only just removed the waterproof dressing that the nurse instructed me to leave for 24 hours. I couldn’t face going to bed with it unconvered!

Part of the wound just above the knee hasn’t closed as well as the remainder so I am going to find something suitable to make some butterfly type stiches and pull it together!🙀😳😒

My friend from Bredon came to visit me yesterday and we went for lunch at the local bistro. 

Not so much sun about today it looks better from Sunday.

Hope you have an easier day today Lovewine.

Wildpurl enjoy your weekend away.

Cassie have a good weekend whatever you are doing.

Joan are you off for a theatre visit! 

Rosie, what a horrible time you had yesterday, first with the delay, then the unhelpful driver and to cap it all an unsympathetic nurse. You must have been exhausted with walking home on top of all that. Does your knee feel any easier today? 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Cassie I do feel very much for your poor friend who is risking being evicted and due for a major deliberating surgery! Is there anything either social services or the housing department can do to help rehome her? Once she has her date she will have about a month to prepare! 

How is ED? I do hope she is having a stable period.

Wildpurl I do hope the weather cheered up for you yesterday like Lovewine’s day, it was a beautiful here 15 degrees and sunny! 😊

It’s good to have a memory box for your DD its a place you can go to feel close to her. Hope you had a good calming session with your crochet? It sounds like you have quite a string of projects on the go I do admire your patience and creativity! Enjoy your weekend in Bristol with DS and GF.

Lovewine how lovely to be able to resume the dog walking evening soon with the chip shop and pub garden! Well done on enjoying your lunch outside in your swinging chair let’s hope it’s the first of many! 

I had quite a stressful afternoon yesterday! 😳 I ordered a taxi for 3.10, my appointment being 3.30, at the most it would take 5 mins! A message came through on my phone at 3.00 to say the taxi had been dispatched. I made my way outside and waited. A taxi pulled up and wound down his window and said he thought he was supposed to be picking me up but someone else was on their way! I said are you sure as I have an appointment, yes he said! 

Well 3.12 NO TAXI! I phoned and explained what had happened and they said they would send the next available cab which would be 5 mins! It arrived and turned I waved at it but it proceeded to go back up the road to park. There is plenty of space to stop outside our apartment block to pick up and drop! I had to chase up to towards the canal bridge as I was worried he was going to drive off! He must have then seen me in in mirror and backed down the road. He said it might be easier for me in the front, it was one of those taxis with a back sliding door! I asked him if the front seat would go back and he said no! There was no way I was going to get in with a 30 cm gap! So I had to get in the back! At no point did he offer to help with the door and he could see I was struggling on 2 crutches! 

He sat firm in his seat on arrival and wasn’t going to help me get out! He even asked if I could slide open the door again and slam it!😡

I then had a very luke warm nurse! Last time I had my clips out I had a lovely nurse who laid me on a bed. This one made me sit in an ordinary chair and asked if I had clips out before and then said so you know it will pinch! 🙀😳😫

I had to stop her 3 times it brought tears to the eyes it was so sore!😢

Following that I decided to walk back down the hill I could face trying to get into another taxi! It’s just under half a mile. I did feel very tired when I got back! Today I am emailing a complaint to the taxi firm! I think the first guy saw me standing on crutches and decide I was too much of a liability!😞

Joan have you got a theatre trip planned for the weekend?

Have a good day ladies!

Community Champion

Afternoon ladies , Wildpurl it’s been a glorious day here from first light - walked the dogs at 7.00 a.m and the sun was out and looking out the window now it still is ! I sat on my swinging chair to eat my lunch too - do feel rather grumpy as I am flat out with work and want to be outside !

how difficult for you to sort through DDs momento boxes - it must have been emotionally draining of course for you , I hope you found some calm in your crochet , I admire your crafting ability and of course it is very therapeutic as you say , enjoy your time in Bristol with your DS and GF , it will be nice to have the weekend away before your return to work .

Rosie , I seem to remember seeing the peregrines at Worcester cathedral on a news nature item last year - I hope you get to see them soon , beautiful birds , we have one come over our garden sometimes, it killed a dove that feeds on our lawn 😬, I know it’s nature but I don’t like to see it !

Joan , glad you are driving again and resuming your usual activities , definitely good to get out and about .

Cassie , I think we are given mammograms here every 3 years 🤔, I will be having mine in November and fingers crossed I can do that 🤞.

i think our Wednesday dog walking club will be starting up after we change the clocks ! Bring on the chip shop and pub garden !😊🍷

Morning ladies, hmm, first day of spring...the weather is a bit meh here TBH, dry but grey and overcast. I will try to see if I can motivate myself to go outside and do a bit of pottering presently.

I have been going through DD's two boxes of mementos and have consolidated everything into one box. I need a break now and will have a go at a crochet cushion cover I am planning, to recover. I find crochet quite calming and meditative.

I am very pleased to hear you have been discharged by the oncologist now cassie!

lovewine I am pleased to hear about your ED and DIL exchanging contracts, as rosie says, one less thing to worry about.

rosie, I am sorry to hear you have family worries, I hope it can all be sorted out. I’m sure you and your DD will enjoy having time together.

Joan you are doing very well and seem to be making a good recovery. Glad you were able to do the whole Qi Gong class.

This weekend OH and I are going to stay with DS and GF in Bristol, which we are really looking forward to.

I have several craft projects on the go at the moment, the one nearest completion is a shawl and I am also knitting some socks. When I’ve finished those I’m planning to make a cardigan.

Morning Ladies,

As far as I know it should be 5 yearly mammograms now, nobody mentioned them to be honest. My dog walking friend has not got a date yet for the knee replacement and she has no family nearby she had one brother on Watford who comes to see her about once a month since she lost her partner but I don't think she can stay with him and SIL because of her dog, as far as I know it has not been considered.

Rosie roll on the last of the injections, it is amazing what we can and do do when needs must.

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Yes Joan I did manage the injection yesterday 2 to go! I had about 4 last year to do when DH went back. He is quite practiced as he did the ones during chemo!

I am hoping my knee won’t feel so tight once the staples are removed, I think phscolgically one feels easier once stitches / staples are removed! 😏

Well done on the drive and resuming of activities it makes you feel so much better to be able to reconnect with your life outside the home! 

I did manage to get to the cathedral yesterday and sat on the wall looking for the pair of peregrines!

Needless to say I didn’t see them, only pigeons and seagulls! 😞

I have just heard ladies on the radio it is officially the first day of spring! 🐣🐇🐿🦔🌷🌼🌸

Lovewine do you have any hedgehogs stirring?🦔

• Cassie, good news about the discharge from oncology. But at least its not a complete severance since you will have surgical followup which will provide ongoing reassurance (even though with the inevitable anxiety I expect before each appointment. Will you now go on to routine mammograms? What problems your dog walking friend is having to deal with in addition to facing surgery. Sorry about the bulleted para, no idea what happened there.

Rosie, have you managed to give yourself the injection? I did it myself - didnt trust OH to do it- but was heartily relieved when they were finished. Do you think having the staples removed will make it at all easier/less painful to get about? I have to say I’m rather relieved you are not making the journey to Newcastle now - although I know you have managed to get about on several occasions in adverse circumstances, this journey, particularly given Birmingham station sounded quite a challenge. And as you said it will be good to have your daughter to yourself. 

Lovewine, although Menieres is not exactly a minor condition, it must be a relief to your  friend that the early appt was not because of something worse. Good news about the contract exchange after all the delay and uncertainty.

A bit apprehensive this morning when got a letter from DVLA having driven yesterday. But fortunately no problem, they dont need a medical report. Enjoyed doing Qi Gong yesterday but exhausted when I got back and aching all over today. But managed all the session, rather to my surprise. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies,

Cassie great news that you too are discharged after our 5th year anniversary. But we can never be too complacent! As Joan said to me its one less appointment!😏

Has your dog walking friend been given a date for her knee replacement? She is certainly in a very worrying situation and it is so sad that there is no support to get her rehoused available unless she is evicted? Does she have any family nearby that she could stay with? She won’t be able to work for at least 6 weeks after her knee op! She will need someone to look after her for at least a week when she comes out of hospital. DH went back yesterday and I am finding it very tiring and this morning I have to give myself an injection!🙀😬😫 Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark and I have an appointment to have, hopefully, the staples removed! 

Lovewine how lovely to have good news from you! I am so glad that your dog walking friend’s results led to an inner ear problem! I think we all secretly thought the worst as she had been recalled so quickly for her results! 

What a long stressful wait your ES and DIL have had I am so pleased that now they have exchanged contracts and have a definitive completion date!  You can tick this off the worry list! 😊

Joan hope you managed you drive and activities yesterday and weren’t too worn out. 

Wildpurl hope all is going well with the refurb project! Do you have another craft activity on the go?

It’s rather grey here today I will walk to the cathedral today and look for the pair of peregrine falcons that have taken up residence on the tower. Someone was lucky enough to catch them mating at the weekend on camera and said we should have some eggs in time for Easter! 😃C6386728-8B29-42E1-AC49-81302223F179.jpeg

The river yesterday! 😳

Community Champion

Evening ladies, cassie great news you have been discharged from oncology , a big relief all continues to be well. Its very disheartening for your friend with the housing situation, my YS is resigned to never being able to afford a property in the South .i hope she finds somewhere suitable soon .

Rosie, i expect you will miss DH , i hope you have lots going on to fill the time, so sorry you have family worries , it will be so nice for you to have some time with DD over mothers day weekend.

its been a lovely day here, so nice not to be battling the wind .

Joan, good news all is good with your pacemaker and you are back driving now , shame about the castle trip with GS, but at least you had some gardening time.

my friend had her appointment today for her mri results, she has been diagnosed with menieres disease, which is a problem with inner ear apparently, thankfully nothing sinister.

ES has exchanged contracts today and moves in to their new home on the 28th, they are very excited!

Wildpurl, i hope you are enjoying time to yourself, looks like the weather will be much better too!

Good Evening Ladies,

Thanks for your concern, yes all is well here I have been discharged by the oncologist today, I though I would hold on until I had the news. I will be followed up by the surgeon though for another 5 years due to the taking part in target B trial nothing else, I guess they just like to compare outcomes in the long term. I wish you a continued recovery Rosie you sound as though you are doing well, sorry you have some added worries at the moment. Your friends lovewine are really going through the mill, its very sad all the bad news lets hope the dog walking friend has been called quickly for nothing sinister. My dag walking friend has been asked to attend joint school regarding her knee replacement and is no nearer finding anywhere new to live, she is between a rock and a hard place, the landlord wants her out buthas not offered anything, the council cannot help unless she is evicted which needs to go to court first and private agencies expect a minimum income of £37,000 some £45,000 per annum which i might say unless you are a GP is never going to happen. She does not want to retire yet she is quite sprightly and all with it so why should she? Its a complete nightmare with housing in London, so much for help with key workers from the goverment much has been promised in the past but nothing ever materialises. We have had no pay rise for years and in the current climate it is not likely either. Sorry to end on a rant

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies thank you for your concern over the latest family saga! DD is now coming to stay with me over Mothering Sunday weekend by herself on the train. I cancelled my ticket and lost £10 booking fee and paid for her ticket which cost £50 more than mine as I get 30% off with my senior rail pass! 🙀 We will have time to chat  that we haven’t had since she got married 15 years ago! Issues stem from what I shared with you all last year! 

DH is just about to leave so I am feeling a bit sad he has been very good this visit! He even replaced my flowers yesterday as we had to throw the first lot out! 😘 I still have 3 of the blood thinning injections to do myself!🙀😬😳 I had to watch a you tube clip last year! 

At least the weather has improved and I can try to potter a bit further each day! 

Wildpurl good luck with the painting and the refurb programme don’t forget to have some relaxation time, the week will pass quickly! 

Joan that’s great news that you can drive again enjoy resuming your activities! I always get worked up about driving again but it’s like swimming you just do it automatically! 

Lovewine I think it is today that your dog walking friend has her follow up after her MRI scan, a very anxious time for her and I do hope that it won’t be as bad as feared!

How is FIL getting on? He must nearly be at the 2 week milestone when they will remove the staples. How long will he stay in the nursing home? It will be another 2 weeks before life gets a bit easier! Coping with showering and getting on and off the toilet are not easy activities! 

I have a Sainsbury’s delivery arriving today so will have a full fridge with easy to manage meals!😉

Lovewine I haven’t had a glass of wine since 2 nights before my op due to not feeling particularly like it and rather a large amount of painkillers!🙀

Next time DH is back in 2 weeks I think I will be ready to have a glass with evening meal! 

Hope the week starts well for you all.

Cassie hope all is well with you?

Lovewine, well done with the peacemaking. Pity you had to work yesterday, and go out delivering in the horrid weather. Hope you have had a restful day today. What a worry for your friend getting the appt letter so quickly, I hope it isnt bad news.

Wildpurl, sounds like you are going to make productive use of your time off. Hope you get to have some downtime too. 

Cassie, how are things with you? 

The pacemaker check on Friday was fine, all working and next check up in a year. They said I was OK to drive so went out this afternoon to remind myself how to do it, in preparation for driving on the motorway up to Penny Brohn tomorrow when I am hoping to resume Qi Gong and meditation. Tiday we had planned to take the grandchildren to Chepstow Castle -GS is doing a school project on castles- but the weather forecast for this weekend was so bad we cancelled-they dudnt know of the plans so wouldnt be disappointed. As it turned out this morning was really sunny but made the most of it by doing a bit more gardening and going for a walk. Also made two large pans of soup-cauliflower and Brie, having picked up the biggest cauliflower I have ever seen at the supermarket on Friday, on offer too. Roasted the rest of it for dinner tonight.  

Rosie, hope the coming week doesnt drag too much for you and that you get some visitors. Its good that the physio was pleased with how youre doing although I know how frustrating it must be for you. I dont envy you tackling Birmingham station. Its horrid even when one is fit and they have the annoying habit of changing platforms at the last minute.

Rosie, I’m really sorry to hear you’ve had distressing news, particularly when OH is about to go back to Cyprus and you still are in the early stages of recovering from your op.  You know the thoughts of us all are with you and sending you strength. 

Morning ladies! It is a much nicer day today rosie, I have some washing on ready to go on the line and it is nice to have some sun and not to have the incessant wind. OH has had to work this weekend, luckily from home, so is very tired and stressed, today is a rest day though. 

I will be repainting the ceiling in our smallest spare room tomorrow so we have to clear that out and get it ready later on. It is having a refurb to provide extra storage space as there is stuff under and behind the bed at the moment.

You are doing well with your recovery rosie, it seems to be a long and painful experience but I am sure will be worthwhile once you are healed. You have got yourself well organised with things to do while you are on your own, and by the sounds of it are a regular on the local radio station! It’s a pity I don’t live closer or I could have come round for a coffee while I am off next week!  Hopefully some of your visitors will return during the week.

I hope you all have good Sundays

Community Champion

At last ladies a better day!

LovewIne you must be so relieved when you looked out of the windows this morning to see blue sky and sun!😁

I am glad that the muffins gained you entry to visit your neighbour I am sure that they will appreciate that you care. Let’s hope he can return to work soon and enjoy a further stretch of normality!

As for your dog walking friend let’s just hope that it’s a routine follow up after the scan although the letter was very snappy afterwards!😳 Hopefully it’s an inner ear problem and nothing more sinister!

We have friends from upstairs coming for coffee this am and our friends from Bredon coming this afternoon to visit before DH goes back tomorrow! He will be away for 2 weeks. I am hoping to be well enough to go up to DD on the train for Mother’s Day weekend! I have to change at Birmingham where I am known to get lost!🤣 My sister will meet with me next Saturday and hopefully the two lots of visitors will arrange something today for in the week! I will be very tired I have a new puzzle to do but can’t sit at the table for long spells yet!😳 The radio, my puzzle book ,iPad and the TV in the evening will all keep me going! I listen to the local radio all day and often take part in their quizzes and have been interviewed on the phone 3 times for a live morning show! They talk about different topics each morning and encourage people to take part! I certainly do not take part in the BREXIT debates of which there are many!😳

I wasn’t too good last night after the car journey to MIL’s which is about 30 mins! I had missed a dose of painkillers and not used my ice! I need to ice every 2 hours for 20 mins. 

Lovewine I hope that your FIL is improving, it is a very slow, painful process! My brain is wanting to do things and then I get out on my crutches and realise that it is going to take much longer! 😬Hopefully Ladies you can all enjoy a better day today! 🙂

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, Rosie, i am sorry to hear you have had upsetting news . You are doing well with your recovery, i hope the leaking wound clears up and the staples can be removed.

Thankyou for the advice regarding my ill friend with cancer, i made him some muffins and went for a chat for an hour, walking on crutches has helped with the pain in his feet, but its hard to watch him deteriorate. Am hoping he can return to work soon as hes happier with a form of normality.

My dog walking friend had her brain mri scan last sunday - she has had issues with vertigo and sickness, she is a bit worried as she received a letter 2 days after with an appointment for monday, hoping its nothing sinister.

Have smoothed OHs annoyance over his father in the nursing home😮, have explained the difficulties of nursing him at home for his mother, am always the peacemaker as he has a strained relationship with his parents😬.

Its incredibly windy here today, had a horrid walk early this morning as the wind was blowing me backwards for most of it! I had to work this morning and also had to deliver back too, had a client who returned from a holiday in South Africa, with loads of ironing😳.

Joan i am glad you and OH are doing well, hope you can drive soon, also all goes well at your follow up appointment.Have you been to the theatre this week? Also when will you be able to resume your monday activities? I expect you are missing it.

Wildpurl, enjoy your week off work , i hope the weather improves for you so you can enjoy some outdoor time .

Cassie, i hope you are ok and having some time to relax at the weekend.

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Another blustery day I do feel for you Lovewine having to get up and walk the dogs! Where is the lovely spring weather we had in February?

Lovewine is there any news on your friend/ neighbour with cancer that you were worried about?

Joan hope that your 6 weekly check went ok. I believe it is the doctor that has to say that you are fit to drive as each case is individual and could invalidate your insurance if you drive before you have been given the all clear. The norm for a major op is 6 weeks but can be longer. 

I had my first physio appointment yesterday and she was quite pleased with my progress!

I am hoping to have staples removed on Wednesday but part of the wound is still leaking.

We are going to see MIL this afternoon for a couple of hours. 

I am feeling a bit distraught by some family news that I was made aware of last night. Don’t really want to go into it on a public site not ready to share it and am hoping things will work out! Will enlighten you when we meet up! 😒

5Rosie, what a good idea about the plastic bag over the foot. I sympathise with the difficulty of puuting them on, as well as the discomfort from wearing them OH having been ‘nurse’ to OH after two hip operations. I’m sorry youre still in that awful bind between taking strong painkillers and having severe side effects or suffering the pain on something less. Your OH has clearly been an enormous help, not only cooking meals but clearing up afterwards. Mine was very good at clearing up but his cooking skills did not improve. Well done for getting out to the cinema but I’m not surprised you were exhausted. Its strange, though, isnt it, that sleep can still elude us even when we are really tired. The last few nights have been much better for me although I am still resorting to the Calm sleep stories in my ipad in the middle of the night, but no longer having to take sleeping pills. 

Lovewine, good news that your son has a date for his move. It would be great to get in before his birthday. What a chapter of accidents you had before your dog walk, hope you have managed to get your clothes clean. I wouldn’t worry about being over intrusive with your ill neighbour; from my own experience it is lovely to know that people care. I like Rosie’s idea of taking something nice to eat though. I can understand your OHs response to his father being put in a nursing home to recover from his op. But as Rosie, says, it is quite a task looking after someone recovering from a knee oo and at 76 she may not have as much energy. Whatever the reason may be perhaps it is better to be looked after by someone who is professionally trained and being paid to provide good care than by a perhaps resentful amateur. 

Wildpurl, very impressed that you are making your own buttons as well as everything else. When I used to dressmake, many years ago, I used to cover buttons in matching material using a metal base but you are taking it much further. We did manage to get some gardening done last weekend in between the showers and hope to do some more this. I dont think theres any chance of persuading OH to employ a gardener though, he’s only just tolerating having a cleaner.

Things are going pretty well here, with neither of us having and medical emergencies. OH’s vertigo has been much better although we are waiting to hear from the GP whether she is going to refer him to a specialist. I have an appt tomorrow to have the pacemaker checked. Itsnow 6 weeks on from botb ops so Should now be OK to drive but haven’t heard back from the DVLA so not sure if I can- their web site isnt clear on this. Will see if I can get any guidance tomorrow on this. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ,

Lovewine I am so sorry about your start to the day yesterday and do hope that this mornings dog walk won’t be as eventful! Did you manage to get your coat and trousers clean hopefully they were old ones?🙀 Dogs can be very strong when they have a bee in their bonnet! 

I can see why you are concerned about your terminally ill neighbour. How about making a batch of your yummy muffins and taking them across? I am sure that the children would appreciate them and it would find away in to see if their is anything further you can do?🤔

I can see why your MIL has put FIL in a nursing home although I do hope it was by mutual agreement! 😳TKR patients are demanding for at least 2 weeks! I can just about get myself washed and dressed. You have to wear very tight compression stockings for 6 weeks on both legs! Last time I was given full length ones but they gave me knee length ones this time as they cut into the top of my legs and rolled down and acted like a tourniquet!🙀 They are a nightmare to get on and off! I found a plastic bag over the foot helped as they have a hole under the toe area you can pull it out from! DH nearly did his back in last year!

At least they can control her pain meds which is the hardest part for me! I either feel nauseous or have hellucinations or feel as if a steam roller has run over my knee! 😳 I was reading on a forum for TKR that someone had just had their second one done and it was much easier! But she was taking liquid morpheme and tramadol, two very strong pain killers! I just can’t handle the very strong ones!😒

I haven’t managed to get any meals yet or make a cup of tea, I am about to make my first as DH is sleeping. He has been very good though and got meals, washed up and cleared the kitchen! I will miss him next week when he has to return. I will need to be able to cope with everything by then! Even the blood thinning daily injections which I hate!😳

Anyway if you can explain some of the issues to OH maybe he won’t think so quite so badly of MIL!

Hope you have a much better day today although the weather is still a bit wild!