Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Joan great news it’s contained in the bowel , hopefully it will be soon when you can have surgery , I think it must have been caught early ... go out and put it to the back of your mind tonight and definitely buy a new iPad !
Rosie , annoying you still have your virus , do you think you caught it from YGS over Christmas ?😮

Thankyou ladies for the comments on our hard times - I am not sure how we made it through to be honest and the boys can’t remember any of it thank goodness ! But it makes us proud despite all the turmoil they got degrees and good jobs !
It explains why I worked so hard before the BC - even now I do find it hard to slow down!!

I wish you all a very happy and healthy new year and Joan you would rather not have this damn disease but as the others have said it’s a lot better news than it could have been 💐
Community Champion

Joan so pleased that the news wasn’t as bad as you had feared! It’s obviously been caught early! Now enjoy your New Year celebrations and get that new iPad! X

Joan I am so pleased to hear the results of your scan, of course you would rather not have it at all but this is so much better than it could have been, I think it counts as good news. 

Got the CT results this morning - the cancer hasn't spread beyond the bowel which is great news and so much better than I was fearing and almost expecting. So it's a question now of getting a date for surgery, which should be sometime in January and of course the appts leading up to that.  So going to be a busy January. Must remember to do my tax return!

Rosie, good you know what it is but I don't think there is anything they can do about a viral infection, is there, other than just treating the symptoms. so I hope it soon clears up. 

My i-pad now seems to have given up completely, which is a great nuisance. 

Community Champion

It’s viral! 😒
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your business and your home! 😢 You both did very well to go forward with 2 young children and start again. Can completely understand why you are not keen on this time of year! You should feel very proud of what you have achieved for you and your 2 sons.
I am with you on the making of new year resolutions mine were usually with dieting! 😳
As I type I am holding on the appointments line at the doctors surgery as I am still no better! Yes got one at 9.50am ! 👍
Joan glad you all enjoyed the Borrowers you will feel better when you know what the outcome of your CT scan. It’s always worse waiting for results! We all hope that it will not be as bad as you are fearing! Whatever the outcome continue with your plans for tonight don’t let it get the better of you!
Cassie and Wildpurl hope you both enjoyed Christmas.
Once again ladies my wish for you all is health and happiness! 🥂🎊🎉2019 Bring it on! 😌

No wonder you dislike Xmas Lovewine, what a devastating experience to go through, and with two young children as well.  It says a lot about your resilience as a couple to have survived that. 

Rosie, glad MIL wasnt upset by the scan. I expect it will be a while before she gets the results though. You certainly seem to have picked up a nasty bug; it does sound like you might need to go to the doc. I hope you manage to enjoy your NY celebration. 

The Borrowers was very good and enjoyed by both children and adults. I was in rather a black mood yesterday morning so it did a good job of cheering me up. We wont be on GC duty now till Wednesday. Spending NYE with the couple we go to the theatre at Stratford with, unless the news tomorrow is so bad I cant face it, or place them in a difficult position. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, to be honest i am glad the festivies are nearly over , i know i am a bit of a misery when it comes to Christmas 🤨, i like Christmas day but thats all, i have disliked it for over 25 years, mainly when our 2 boys were babies and it was the recession of the early 90’s which saw interest rates at 15%, We had a very succesful garden design and landscape business and a very nice victorian house with a lovely lifestyle, sadly our business was secured on our house- so when the bank called in our business loan our house went with it ! There followed several years of moving from one rented house to another, we actually moved into the first one 2 days before Christmas with nothing left to buy presents with-  have disliked Christmas ever since😒,  i suppose thats why i am now a workaholic as i cant bear to be in that position again .

Rosie, i am glad MIL is upbeat and seems ok, how lovely to have all got together , it is hard these days to coordinate families as we are all so spread out these days! Expect it was hard to say good to ES and family, but the months fly past and holidays will be here before we know it, enjoy your new years eve, we dont really bother going out, may get a nice meal from marks and spencer and watch t.v - really know how to live it up here☺️

Joan, i hope you havent got much longer to wait for your results, at least you managed to put your worries aside a little with Christmas, are you doing anything for New year?

As Rosie said, A happy and healthy new year to you all , with special thoughts of you Joan💐.

I am working tomorrow , then having my hair cut in the afternoon, no new years resolutions from me as i never stick to them!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I think you need to treat yourself to a new IPad you deserve it! I am glad to hear that you managed to have an enjoyable Christmas! What a nightmare to have to look after GC on Christmas Eve! 😳 Hope you all enjoyed The Borrowers. I do hope that you hear from the nurse tomorrow!
Mil didn’t seem phased by her CT scan and certainly was full of the joys of spring at the family get together!
It isn’t a cold I have, I had aching shoulders accompanied by a temperature which I still have and now I have swollen glands in my neck and feel lethargic. This is my 4th day so feeling fed up! Will have to see if I can get to a doctor if it continues! 😬
ES returned to Calais last night and faces a long final day of driving back home to Nancy.
I think it will be August before we see them again unless we manage to get a motorhome trip over to France Easter time. 🤔
Lovewine I noticed some pink blossom on some trees yesterday!😯
DD says they have the cream eggs and mini eggs out in the shops! 🙀
Have you managed to get your boiler sorted yet? We are due for a cold snap so hopefully you have! 😱
Has anyone got anything planned for New Year’s Eve? It’s always a bitter sweet experience I find! We are going up to our friends upstairs as they are on the 4th floor and we should get a good view of fireworks!
Whatever you are doing ladies I wish you all a happy, healthy New Year, especially you Joan! 🥂🍾🎉🎊

Wildpurl, just realised I missed you out. Hope you had a good Xmas, albeit with its inevitable sad thoughts and you are getting in some relaxation in alongside clearing your loft.

Sorry not to have been in touch over Xmas, family staying until Boxing Day, then unexpectedly having to look after GCn yesterday, plus my i-pad playing up so internet access unpredictable. I think I may have to buy a new one. 

Rosie, what a shame about your cold, hope it clears up soon and it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the big family get-together.You are certainly having a very hectic Xmas. And family health worries too with your niece's little boy and MIL i hope the baby is now home and that MIL’s scan wasnt a distressing exoerience for her. It does seem a lot to put a very old lady through but I suppose, if it is confirmed, and hopefully it wont  be, it will be a question of them deciding how to manage it. 

Lovewine, what a time for your boiler to break down. At least the weather was quite mild and you had the log burner to give you one cosy room. Hope it is sorted now. How lovely to get a surprise anniversary present, and such a nice one too. Hope the workload isnt too horrendous, though I imagine it will be. 

Cassie, hope you have had an enjoyable Xmas. It is lovely to have someone else in charge of Xmas lunch though I expect you had to do quite a bit of preparation for Boxing Day. How is EB doing?

We had a very enjoyable Xmas and I managed to keep the dark thoughts at bay most of the time. YD produced a delicious lunch and the children were thrilled with their presents. Xmas Eve was rather trying, we had volunteered to look after the GCn who were absolute horrors, spending most of the time squabbling over the most ridiculous things. Even the threat that Father Xmas might miss out their house only brought a temporary respite. Today we are on our own for the first time. Should have been going out to a restaurant for  dinner with friends but she has a tummy upset so we have decided to go on our own, something we rarely do. Tomorrow we are taking GCn and parents to see The Borrowers at the theatre and Sunday have friends coming for coffee. Hopefully Monday I will hear from the nurse. 

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Lovewine what a nuisance that your boiler broke on Christmas Eve. How lovely that OH gave you some pearl earrings, congratulations on your anniversary!
We returned from Newcastle last night. It was a very busy Christmas with a houseful even though DH and I slept in the motorhome! YGS has a very runny nose and cough and no one got much sleep in the house,😬
I have returned with a fever and a thick throat that made gurling noises in the night and I thought it was going to choke me!🙀 I am taking paracetamol for the temperature! Today we are meeting up at MIL’s community centre for a big family get together in Stourbridge. ES and family are going on their way enroute back to Dover tomorrow. We are all staying over at the Premier Inn in Stourbridge. DH has 2 sisters with family and a brother who is close by and they all have children! There will be nearly 30 adults and children!🙀 We are all taking items for the buffet. DD is driving down with the children, SIL is working today. YS and family are coming up form Plymouth. We could have driven back to Worcester but the family are all staying over and having breakfast! At least DH will be able to have a drink safely as Premier Inn is 10 mins walk from community centre!
I am going to have to keep my distance from vulnerable family members! I am so disappointed I was looking forward to this family gathering we don’t often get everyone together in one place as we are so big now!😬
Joan hopefully you managed to enjoy Christmas and put everything else to one side for a few days! I really admire you looking after your GC I find it very tiring especially ES’s 3 year old!😬 He speaks some English very well but obviously more French which is challenging I can pick out an odd word or phrase. DD’s children were very patient with him!
Cassie and Wildpurl hope you both had an enjoyable Christmas with family members?

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , hope you all had a lovely Christmas .
We had a lovely day apart from late Christmas Eve our boiler decided to break down - we have a log burner but that only heats the living room ... Christmas Day OH and ES did get it running again for the short term anyway 🙄.
Christmas Eve was our pearl wedding anniversary and I had a beautiful pair of pearl drop earrings - I was quite surprised as we generally don’t bother with gifts .
I returned to work yesterday and am quite busy today too .. YS is here until Sunday and then he visits his friends for new year in Stratford and then comes here until the 3rd /4th. OH is going to the Bonsai Nursery today with ES.
Rosie when do you return back South ? Hope you had a lovely time with the family .
Cassie how nice to have Christmas lunch at EDs too . - lovely when someone else cooks !
Joan , how are you ? Hope you could put things out of your mind a little over the last few days .
Wildpurl , enjoy your last few days off work too!
When I fed the birds in our garden yesterday I noticed daffodils coming up ! Also the birds have started singing much earlier in the morning !!
Community Champion

Merry Christmas ladies!
I hope you all have a lovely time surrounded by those you love!
ES and DIL and YGS arrived last night and we had a meal with the at the Premier Inn. I took a book, Mog’s Christmas to amuse GS with! He loved the bit where Mog fell down the chimney!🤣
They are travelling with us in the motorhome up to Newcastle today to DD’s!
Lovewine hopefully you will be happy with your online purchases when they arrive!🤔
BCH are pleased with our niece’s little boy’s progress and he will hopefully be allowed home today!😊
Cassie I do hope that you won’t be too busy today and good luck with your cooking! Enjoy a little tipple with it!😉 Have a good day at ED’s tomorrow!
Joan enjoy your family time put everything else in a box until after Christmas!
Wildpurl hope you are coping with a houseful?
Merry Christmas! 🥂🎅🏽🌲

Good Morning Ladies,

The Carols by Candlelight concert was very beautiful and uplifting we really enjoyed it. ED has invited YD and myself and also EB for dinner tomorrow which will be lovely and then they all come to me for boxing day.

GS is doing well in school enjoying it as far as I know, he was upset at the prospect of loosing 2-3 teachers over the Christmas break and is a little apprehensive about the replacements.

I am sure today will be as busy as any Monday at work but hopefully no incidents and will pass quickly.

Lots of cooking planned for this evening,

Merry Christmas Ladies x

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie have a safe journey up to DDs today , expect it will be very busy - I share your dislike of motorways , in fact mine borders on a phobia , has done for about 20 years - give me spiders and snakes anyday, but a motorway sends me into a panic !😬 I am sorry to hear MILs news , I hope she isn’t too distressed by the scans etc today .Also your nieces little baby is back with his family by now .
I made use of the early Sales online yesterday and also in our local town , managed to get some nice cardigans from White Stuff , a blue one and a cream one and also a pretty t shirt with cats on / part of the money goes to Battersea dogs home too.

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas , Wildpurl thinking of you and your family dealing with the loss of your DD.

Joan , you too , I hope you are not waiting too long for your results and treatment can be in place soon .

Cassie , I hope your family will be around you too at Christmas and GS is doing ok ?

Rosie , How lovely to have ES and YGS and DIL visiting - enjoy your family time too😊

We have ES and DIL here Christmas Day , all going down to my sisters in the afternoon. Which will be lovely .

Merry Christmas ladies and to all lovely ladies on the forum and the wonderful moderators too😊🎄
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good Morning ladies!
Wow a full house yesterday, lovely to hear from you all! 😊
Cassie at least you are being appreciated for the tasks you do. I am sorry that you are having to work so late on Christmas Eve and hope that it will be quiet!
Wildpurl you will certainly have a houseful by the time all your guests arrive and then time to relax! I hope they will all help out! 🤔
Joan it sounds like your are keeping busy it will be lovely to have the family but do make sure that they help you! At least YD is doing Christmas Day.
Lovewine how lovely to have YS home for a good spell! Bless the dogs I bet he was happy to see them too!😀 Ha ha they are never too old for a stocking if they are home for Christmas!😆
One of our nieces had a little boy 4 days ago and he is now in Birmingham Children’s hospital they thought he had a twisted gut, but now thought to be a milk intolerance! They are keeping him under surveillance for a couple of days. She has 2 girls 6 and 3. Her sister, DH’s brother YD died in BCH when she was 5, so not a good experience for either of them! I do hope the little lad will be home for Christmas! She must have been going out of her mind when he was rushed off in a ambulance!🙀
We went to see MIL yesterday afternoon and BIL came over whist we were there to fill us in! MIL is being screened for bowel cancer and has to have a CT scan on Christmas Eve! Quite frankly I don’t know why they would do this to a 92 year old! Surely it’s best nature takes its course at this age? She still lives by herself and manages quite well but we can see the deterioration each time we visit.
On a more cheerful note ES starts his journey from France today and will be here tomorrow afternoon! 😃 We are then all travelling to Newcastle on Christmas Eve!
I am meeting my sister for coffee today. This afternoon we are going upstairs for a drink with our friends and meeting their son who has been working out in Cyprus!
Good luck everyone with final preparations!

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Rosie, good you arrived safely and without incident , unlike the poor people affected by the chaos at Gatwick, how awful for people .glad you got your pasties too!

Cassie, your week does sound very stressful, at least you are appreciated though by some people which is nice, i have had lots of presents and wine from my clients which makes me feel good.Hope Christmas eve isnt too bad for you.

Joan, you sound like you are in for a busy few days which is good, well done on the soups and hams too. It will be nice for you to have Christmas dinner cooked for you.

Wildpurl, i think you have the best of both worlds having the family until Christmas eve and then having time to yourself! Even clearing out the loft ☺️.

I collected YS from Rugby train station this afternoon, the traffic in the town was horrendous, gridlocked around the station, made it though on time, took the two dogs with me onto the platform and they were shaking with excitement waiting for YS to appear off the train😊. He is home until 30 th december and then visits some friends at Stratford for new year and maybe rejoins us again for a couple of days after that.
I have done my wrapping i think , i was going to abandon YSs Christmas stocking this year- its one his grandma made when he was a toddler , but his disappointed face means i will have to dig it out and fill it with sweets , satsuma and chocolate coins!!

Good luck ladies with the last minute preparations!

Rosie, how fortunate you werent flying into Gatwick. What a nightmare.  Cassie, what a shame you are having to work Xmas Eve and that youve had such a difficult week. Nice though that you’ve had those  signs of appreciation. Hope the hamper has lots of lovely goodies ti enjoy over Xmas. Glad your Dads cataract operation went so smoothly Lovewine, I had one eye done a few years ago and it was anazing the difference it made not only to the sharpness of vision but to colours. Wildpurl, it sounds like you will have a busy few days but then time to wind down. Clearing out the loft doesnt sound very relaxing but probably very therapeutic. 

I think I may have misled you ladies about the biopsy results. It wasnt that the samples they were able to take from me were too small, apparently thus applies to any bowel cancer because the biopsy has to be done internally they can only take small amounts. 

Good luck with all your Xmas preparations ladies. I cooked two hams this morning and made a couple of soups. Presents at last all wrapped. ED and partner arrive tomorrow, YD and family will come across for lunch on Sunday, then we shall look after the children on Xmas, finishing with a Christingle service. YD is doing Xmas Day. After Boxing Day we shall be on our own although I expect we shall be having the GC quite a bit over the holidays.  

Morning ladies, rosie I am glad you got back safely and bet you were pleased with your decision to fly to Bristol!

Joan it is good news insofar as it can be that this is a new primary and not a secondary. I would also take it as reasonably positive that they were not able to get a large enough sample to grade it! It sounds as if it has been caught early. I do hope you will be able to enjoy the festive season with your family and not worry too much.

i hope in fact that you all have a peaceful and happy festive season. My DS and GF arrived last night, as did my younger stepson. They are all here until Christmas Eve, and elder stepson arrives on Sunday. It will be a busy time but enjoyable with everyone here and then we will have the time from Christmas to the New Year to ourselves, which will be peaceful and I am also looking forward to that. We are planning to clear our loft!