cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good Morning Lovewine that’s great news that Joan is back home! How lovely that YS is coming home for the weekend although not much warning for you! Hopefully you have enough food in? 

Very wise to keep away from your parents whilst you were ill they certainly don’t want to be getting flu! 🙀

Joan I do hope that you will take it easy for a couple of weeks and hope that OH is able to cope! 

Hopefully you will sleep better now you are home, sleeping in hospital is virtually impossible! 😔

Cassie,Lovewine’s suggestion about dog walking service and house sitting maybe an answer for Purdy? 

My friend suggested that the constant use of pain killers, especially Ibuprofen are not good for high blood pressure! 🙀 So I have been to Boots and had a word with the pharmacist who suggested paracetamol plus. 

I am off to hairdressers today, then have to clean apartment before departing for the station to Bristol. I am staying overnight at the Holiday Inn express as I don’t want to get up at 5am tomorrow morning- I will never sleep, especially as I am going alone! Have to be at the airport for 10.30. 

DH has a lurgy and is dosing up with cold and flu tablets! I asked him to find the face masks! We had some when I was having chemo and flew! Can’t afford to get anything like that I will be back on the waiting list! 

Have a good weekend ladies! I guess my next post will be from Cyprus! 

I have done online shopping for about 15 years I have tried all of the major supermarkets. I was just offering to get any odd bits and pieces, there is no way my friend would be able to bring a major shop up the stairs anyway.

Community Champion

Evening ladies , Cassie what a sweetheart Purdey is - just a thought - I know locally to me there are lots of dog walking/ sitting services , there certainly would be in your friends area too , she could have someone to walk purdey while she’s out of action and at the beginning when she’s in hospital maybe go to the sitters home , I think the average cost for a walk is £6.00 a day , not sure for a home stay .

Rosie , hope you enjoyed your meet up with your friend , hopefully your blood pressure will come down 😬- I am trying very hard to eat better, porridge with fruit and honey , advocado on toast for lunch and no processed food , interestingly I still cannot bear the taste of my usual nightly glass of red 🍷, am now having a chilled glass of white instead !!

Joan texted me this morning to say she came out of hospital last night , hopefully Joan you will feel stronger soon now you are home 💐.

mum and dad have just left , haven’t seen them for 3 weeks as I couldn’t risk them picking up my awful bug😲

YS has announced he’s coming back tomorrow night for the weekend , so frantically changing the bed etc , it will be lovely to see him.

Wildpurl, how are you feeling now ? Hopefully much better.

on the subject of grocery shopping , I order mine online every week either Asda or Tesco , generally because I work long hours and can’t be bothered to do it at the weekend , I have done so for about 10 years and I wouldn’t go back to doing it physically ! Also it’s cheaper as I am not tempted by non food things too🙄.

Community Manager

Eep, I'm sorry, @rosie14

It does really reduce the number of spam posts but I've also requested we block some of the most common spam email address endings (e.g. yopmail.com), so once that's done I'll see whether it makes enough of a difference that we can turn robot capture off. 

Becca at Breast Cancer Care. 

Community Champion

It took me three attempts at not being a robot this morning! 😳😬😡

Community Champion

Oh dear Cassie I don’t know how your friend will manage with the lovely Purdy! The hospital will want to know that someone is looking after her when she first gets home! Does she have a family member that can come and stay with her for a couple of weeks? You say she doesn’t have children so that’s out. Maybe she has a family member that lives nearby that could help out. Cassie you don’t need to get all her shopping she can order it online from any supermarket to be delivered! She may need help putting it away. She can get enough to last for a week that will stay fresh! I used Sainsbury’s and first started ordering ready meals for one after my DIEP op and was left alone. They are very easy to either microwave or my preference to oven cook them! They range from £2 to £3.50 a meal. Sometimes I cook extra veg to supplement them. I can’t help thinking that Purdy will have to go on a little holiday for at least 2 weeks! She will be kept in for at least 3 nights! 

Yesterday I had my pre op assessment and my blood pressure was very high! The nurse told me to go to the surgery to get it taken again! She said whatever you do don’t let them put you on blood pressure tablets or else you will have to wait 6 weeks for your op after taking them! So now like you Lovewine I will be eating more fruit and veg, less wine but won’t stop altogether, and cut back on salt! I have booked my appointment for when I come back! Hopefully that will give it a chance to reduce from 166/102!!🙀 

I am taking the train to Pershore today and meeting my friend so she will undoubtably give me some advice! 😏

Hope the week is going well for you all, Wildpurl hopefully you are feeling better now! 

She had just has a short back and sides, she looks quite curly at the moment though. My friend has no children and is quite rightly protective of Purdy, I don't think she will allow anyone else to walk her. I am not a particularly doggy person never owned one myself but I love all animals.

Purdy spring 2018.jpgPurdy spring 2018

Good evening ladies,

Thank you for all the advice but I think I will leave it to the doctors at the hospital to break the news to my friend regarding the knee replacement. My friend and work colleague has been off work on and off for the last couple of weeks in so much pain, she has many stairs at work and at home and no garden and she lives alone since loosing her partner last January.

Her dog is a rather excitable cocker spaniel, so it looks like she has the full card of problems including her landlord wanting her out, since the apartment is overdue for redevelopment the problem she does not earn 45,000 a year, who does, so no agency will entertain her, completely stuck whichever way she tries, bless I am supportive and can do her shopping but not much else. Its very sad and frustrating, I will try to post a picture of the lovely Purdy.

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Lovewine I am so glad that your heard from Joan I was getting rather worried that we hadn’t had an update! Glad to hear that she is feeling better and hope she gets home today! 😏

I am pleased to hear that you are so much better also but do take it easy! 

I phoned the storage unit yesterday and they went and checked the Motorhome and said all was well! They weren’t phased by the alarm going and said they had several problems with these sensitive ones which could be activated to something as simple as dust blowing and often customers left spare keys with them. I chewed this over and priced up a taxi as it is out in the middle of the country, nowhere near trains or buses. I was quoted £21 and DH said for peace of mind to take them it would be worth it! So I did! Feel much more relaxed about it now! £21 well spent! 😌

Cassie your friend will be on crutches for 5/6 weeks and will not be able to walk the dog! She will need at least 6 weeks off work the pain is much worse than a mastectomy! I was 3 and a half months before I stopped taking strong pain killers! They ensure you can manage stairs before you leave the hospital as most patients will have to get upstairs in their house! But lots of stairs will be challenging! I still have to use hand rails when I am going up and down but that could be due to other dodgy knee! 🙀 She will need to do exercises every few hours and apply an ice pack for 20 mins every 2 hours for at least 6 weeks! Has she got a walk in shower? If she lives in a property with a garden she maybe will manage the dog but out of the question if she is in an apartment! She won’t be walking It for the first few weeks! 🙀 Break this news to her gently! If she lives by herself she will have to get someone to come in or take the dog for a while or consider putting it in kennels! If she is determined she maybe able to manage to walk the dog with crutches after she has had her stitches out if it is a small dog.🤔 But she will run the risk of the dog getting its lead wrapped round the crutch and causing her to trip! 🙀

Hope this helps! 😳

Community Champion

Evening ladies - I have just had a text from Joan - the WiFi isn’t very good in hospital so not able to post on the forum , Joan asked me to pass on she is feeling much better and hopes to leave hospital tomorrow and will be back on the board to update everyone . Look forward to hearing from you Joan and sending you lots of good wishes 💐

We spoke to OHs father on Sunday who is also having knee replacement surgery at the end of this month .😬

Rosie I hope you haven’t had any more issues with the motor home 🙀, know what you mean about turning off your phone - sometimes I do the same at night !

ES and DIL are celebrating Chinese New Year  this week with lots of food at the grandmas and extended family - we spend Christmas with them as the family don’t celebrate it and of course their New year is very big in their culture so they get a mixture of both cultures !

on a plus side we get a red and gold envelope for  Chinese New Year from ES and DIL with money in it🏮🧧as a token of respect for the elders !!

Have been fairly busy with work this week - feel about 90% back to normal , have overhauled my diet and am trying to eat more healthy !

Good Evening Ladies,

Oh dear Rosie my dog walking friend needs a knee replacement, I am not sure how she will manage with many stairs at work and home and a cocker spaniel to walk!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

Wildpurl you are very sensible to take a day or two off with your cold. You can rest and hopefully get over it more quickly! Hope you are feeling a little better today.

My friend from Bredon called me yesterday to arrange a meet up on Thursday and I was telling her about DD’s sad news. She was a pharmacist before going into teaching so has a good knowledge of medical issues! She explained that cancer spreads more quickly in young and healthy as it travels round more quickly! Which makes sense why older cancer patients survive and the younger, fitter ones are unlucky! 😢

What is your next project Wildpurl?

Lovewine I don’t envy you with muddy dogs!🙀 Our dog was in disgrace yesterday, DH left took his lunch outside as it was sunny and went back inside to get something to find that the dog had removed one his rolls and was eating it- she showed no remorse!😳

We have had a tracker / alarm fit to our motorhome as sadly there is a lot of theft! 😡 It is parked in a secure gated and CTV compound together with must be at least another 150 caravans and Motorhomes, so it should be quite safe on the compound. It’s more for when we go away and leave it on site but especially for when we go abroad later this year and leave it on French Aires to go for a stroll round local towns! It also has a wheel clamp on it. Because it has a tracker it is monitored 24/7 and if the device is activated, the company text you and and within a minute phone! 🙀 When DD was at the depot having a demonstration it went off twice and I was called! But yesterday afternoon I received a text followed by a call to say they had received an activation! 🙀😳

My heart fell to my stomach! They asked if I was aware why and I explained it wasn’t us. They suggested I went to check the unit! Now how do I do that when it’s 20 mins away well off the road? I went onto the app and checked and it said the alarm was still set and the unit was still in situ I could see on the map and the satellite! So I phoned back and said I was confident that it hadn’t been stolen! My friend agreed with me not to mention it to DH as he would get stressed! But he Skyped me and said he had switched his UK phone on and had the alert message!🙀

Sometimes technology is too advanced for our own good! He now wants me to ring the compound where it is stored to ask them if it is still there and ok! It was last updated at 3.45 am and was still there! I’m afraid I turned my phone off when I went to bed as I couldn’t stand the thought of another call. I am hoping it was something as simple as a fly and not an intermittent fault! 

Treated myself to a new 1000 piece jigsaw yesterday so it’s all over the lounge area now! 

Happy Chinese New Year ladies! Lovewine are you going to a celebration with ES and DIL?

Community Champion

A very quick hello from me between work, Wildpurl, love the cardigan and you look so well, as Rosie said - you more than most of us know the anger and loss of losing your beloved DD to such  a cruel disease so young, i did think of you last week when i posted about my own anger at our young friend who will probably not be here this time next year, it does seem to escalate very quickly when spread like that of DDs friend Rosie, how awful for her children too.

Wildpurl, annoying about your cold, hope you feel better soon.

Rosie, lovely photo, its wet and mild here today, back to walking in muddy fields and very muddy dogs.

Joan, how are you feeling this week? Take it easy and rest! 

Back to work now😳

I’m off work today with a bad cold, so just taking it easy. Thank you rosie for your nice comments about my cardigan.

It’s understandable that your DD is angry about how things turned out for her friend. It seems as though the seriousness and the spread of the cancer was not detected, or perhaps the chemo was not as effective as hoped. It may still have bought her more time with her family, and I am sure the treatment team did what they believed would be the most effective.

In the case of my DD, we knew the cancer had spread and they were not sure that it could be cured. The chemo gave her an extra year, which we were all very thankful for, even if we would have wished for more. Unfortunately, when cancer is out of control it all seems to happen very quickly, DD was told on Tuesday and died on Friday; OH's Mum had a similar experience, with maybe a week between told and her dying.

It is very sad for her family and friends, and seems so unfair when it is a young person.

Community Champion

8160780D-0155-4356-9E69-110705982D31.jpegFrozen canal!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Wildpurl I love the cardigan especially the colour and the neckline and you are looking very glamorous and well! 😀

It’s DD’s birthday today. I sent her a dress from a company called Thunder Egg! Yesterday I sent her an extra gift from her Amazon wish list as I know she is still upset and angry about her friend. They went out for lunch yesterday to a nice hotel! 

Wildpurl you must know only too well how awful that young people are passing away and we more mature ladies seem to be surviving. Apparently she was told on Tuesday she wouldn’t live and the boys were fetched out of school and she died on Friday! 😢 DD is trying to understand and is angry her friend had to endure chemo, which made her very ill wrecked her Christmas and then the mastectomy! I spent 2 hours on skype to DD yesterday! 

Lovewine I hope that you aren’t playing catch up at work since being off!🙀 Hopefully OH didn’t catch your flu and I guess you kept well away from your parents?

Joan it’s been a week since your op, I do hope that you are now recovering and that OH isn’t having any more funny turns? Take care! 

Cassie I expect you are very busy as usual at work?

My sister met me in Worcester on Saturday for a couple of hours and we went for coffee and cake! ☕️🍰 she had flap jack and I had lemon and lime drizzle cake! 😋

Yesterday I went for a walk by the river and back by the canal which was frozen!🙀

It’s going to be milder today but looks like rain for the next few days! I think I prefer dry and cold?🤔

I finally managed to see how to do it. 

F05A0200-5E4B-4B3E-9361-5CD835E1145E.jpegOk I managed to find the right button.

I’m very sorry to hear about the death of your DD's friend Rosie. I’m sure she and her friends family are devastated.

I have finished the cardigan, let’s see if I can still upload photos on the new site Smiley Wink

Well, no, I can’t see how to upload a photo from my iPad, sorry. I click on the camera icon (there is no image icon) and I get a dialogue which asks me to name the source of the photo, which I assume wants a url. My photos are not hosted at another site but are stored on the iPad. With all other sites I use, there is an option to upload a photo from the iPad library, in this case not.

Not impressed

oh and now I have to prove I’m not a robot before I can post.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

My DD is devasted about the loss of her friend. She had her mastectomy 2 weeks ago then was rushed back to hospital very sick on Monday and it was found that the cancer had spread everywhere!🙀😢 I spent about 3 hours on messenger to my DD yesterday and will be skyping in about an hour! She is like me and wants answers to everything to picture it all together. She has the empathy too for the family and she has the anger for what her friend has gone through! Very sad!😢

Cassie you were very brave to face a walk out in such icy conditions! Lovely news to have a wedding to look forward to!

Lovewine so sad for your OH’s friend who has made a good recovery to have his wife diagnosed with Alzheimer’s when she is so young at heart!😔

Joan I hope that you are home by now and your ED is still with you how useful to have a daughter in the medical profession! I think between us on our thread we could keep her in a job!

Wildpurl hopefully you got the cardigan finished waiting for a photograph! 

DH arrived safely back in Cyprus he is off to get the dog this morning! She must think I have left home haven’t seen her since Dec 19th! 😔

Ladies take care!

Good Evening Ladies,

Sorry to hear you have been through so much Joan, its time to be looked after now, I wish you a swift recovery.

I meet ED today for an early lunch and it was very slippery underfoot, we had about an inch of snow overnight which did settle, we met at Archway which has a tall tower block and the wind and snow was almost unbearable. The snow turned to rain at about 3 ish and it is has now all melted. My sister in law phoned this evening to say they have about 6 inches of snow in Dorset which has stayed all day, she also told me she is going to get remarried in the summer and wondered how my YB would  take the news. My EB died 6 years ago now, I just said I was happy for her and she has her life to lead and not to worry what YB thinks. She seemed happy with that and said all of the extended family would get an invite which was nice of her, some good news for a change.

I was asked if I was a robot too and had about 5 screens to choose items to prove it very annoying.

I have talked to one of the BBC site about the changes and although helpful and apologetic it seems as soon as one proble is solved another one crops up ....oh no, that sounds familiar, its just the same at work, a complete nightmare!

Community Champion

Rosie , I am so sorry to hear the sad news about DDs friend , what a shock and how awful for the family ,I can remember you telling us about her having treatment - how young she was too . I bumped into a friend of OHs today who had had extensive chemo etc for bowel cancer and he was very ill but is now doing very well and in remission , sadly his wife who is very glamorous and vivacious has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at the young age of 65 🙁.

Joan I hope you are recovering well and also DH has not had any more episodes of bad health too .

rosie I have Just had to say I am not a robot also😡!

No snow here thank goodness , but bitterly cold . 

Community Champion

Hating this new site I have just had to verify I wasn’t a robot!!!!! 🙀😬😡

Community Champion

Ladies I am feeling devasted! DD’s friend who had BC and is 38 died this morning leaving a husband and 2 young sons! 😢 She had chemo and had a mastectomy 2 weeks ago. On Monday she was taken to theatre with a secondary that was too far advanced! Her mother had BC and survived her father had bowel cancer and died two years ago and he brother died of unexplained causes three years ago! 

On a more positive note I have to attend for pre op assessment on 6/2 so have had to postpone my flight tomorrow to next Saturday. Scheduled date for op is 6/3.So when I come back for oncology 20/2 will have to stay here.

Joan I hope you are feeling much better.

Lovewine I hope that you are feeling stronger.

Cassie and Wildpurl have you had snow? We had a smattering this morning- all gone by 11am! 👍

Oh goodness, Joan, what an experience, but so glad to hear that they have removed all the cancer and that you are now stable and recovering. Sending big hugs

Hi Becca, I am using the forum on an iPad. Seeing your post I tried zooming out but it is already as zoomed out as it can go, trying to go further just zooms to a view of all open apps on the screen. The normal view appears to be just each post filling the screen, I can scroll of course, but previously I could see several posts at once, which reduces scrolling and provides context. The new look is really unattractive to read, like reading a child’s board book!

Community Champion

Dear Joan I am so sorry that you have had a very frightening few days and think like Lovewine that your OH may have had the funny turn due to him being very worried about you! I am pleased that your ED is supporting you for the next few days. You must be selfish now and look after yourself to fully recover. It sounds like you and OH need some time and space to restore harmony to your health and well-being. Take care and keep us posted! Sending you very best wishes for a speedy recovery! 💐xx

Lovewine it is very sad about your friend but he seems to be very sensible in giving himself the best chance in terms of well being. Let’s hope he can have a miraculous few more years!

You need to listen to your body and if you need to sleep in the afternoon do so! You should be feeling much better after the weekend.

We enjoyed our 2 nights away and were cosy in the motorhome. We saw a number of birds around the site and I spotted a big fat rabbit! 🐰

We return to Cyprus on Saturday! I will be back Feb 20th for oncology appointment!

No snow here yet! Stay well and safe ladies!

Community Champion

Joan, you certainly have been through a lot this week , how frightening for your family you being in intensive care, maybe your  DH had a funny turn caused by all of the worry , anyway good news surgeon feels the cancer is all out , definitely very helpful having a doctor in the family as everything can be frightening and hard to understand. Take each day as it comes and take it easy and accept all offers of help! You have had a tough time so you need to heal physically and emotionally, sending you much love and best wishes, thankyou for letting us know how you are getting on.💐

Hi ladies, just a brief message to update you,  the op was rather more complex than expected althgough tge surgeon thinks he got all the cancer out. Unfortunately in the course of it they had to do CPR twice so I was moved to intensive care where I had further episodes of a ‘pause’ in the heartbeat so yesterday had a pacemaker fitted, which has been successful. So lots of drama. In the midst of it OH threw another funny turn so spent an afternoon in A and E. Doesnt seem to have another mini stroke though. It been brilluant having a doctor daughter there to explain things to me and the doctors. Shes now staying till Sunday, whi h is great. Hopefully drama now over and its a matter of recovery now. 

Community Champion

Hello ladies, Joan, i hope by now you are recovering well from your operation and ready to go home? How are you feeling ? 

I have only been working a couple of hours each day and my sister has mainly been keeping the business going , i have had to sleep every afternoon, still totally drained, am finding it very frustrating now.

Rosie, hope you have enjoyed your trip to the Cotswolds , have you had much snow? So far we have avoided too much of it here, but its bitterly cold and not risen much above freezing all day, we are expected quite a bit thursday afternoon , I absolutely hate it and hope its short lived.

Our friend started his oral chemotherapy tablets at the end of last week, he is still carrying on as normal , working full time etc, i think thats important for his sanity too, macmillan have been very good with sorting things out and hes been advised to cash in on his life assurances etc, my heart breaks for him as hes been given 18 months maximum , even on the tablets , he is a wonderful father and i cant bear to think he wont be there for his daughters wedding or graduation, same with his son, the family has had a lot of tragedy , several years ago his sister whom i went through school with hanged herself over the canal fields where we walk our dogs , nobody really knew why as she didnt leave a note. I am feeling quite angry at the whole situation. 

Stay warm ladies.

Community Manager

Hello, 

Just to respond to those couple of questions: 

1) I totally agree that 'latest topics' isn't necessary, as I say we have their standard package which includes this but there are lots of things we want to turn off, we'll work through them! 

2) It sounds as though you're seeing things quite zoomed in, on a desktop if you hold down CTRL and move your mouse scroll wheel up and down you'll be able to zoom in and out - it sounds like some people's browsers are set to bigger than 100%, which would make everything quite big! Give that a go and it should make everything smaller. 

Any more, let me know! 

Becca at Breast Cancer Care. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine I am so glad that you are improving and managed to leave your bed! I had a bout of real flu several years ago and was in my bed and then on the sofa! I got myself in the bath and hadn’t got the strength to get out and I was home alone I remembering sitting there for ages until I finally managed to haul myself out!🙀 

As Joan said ease yourself back into work slowly it will take you another week to feel normal again! 

Cassie glad that you enjoyed your birthday the Greek dessert you described is baklava and it is delicious! I am not surprised that you needed to go for a walk afterwards!

Joan I am glad that YD’s dog is better let’s hope the medication keeps it well!

I guess you are either at the hospital or on the way, we will all be thinking of you and look forward to hearing from you when you are back home!💐

We are going to spend a couple of nights in the motorhome tomorrow, we are just going to Moreton in Marsh our nearest Caravan and Motorhome sites that is open all year. Let’s hope it doesn’t snow!🙀

Good Evening Ladies,

We are all thinking of you Joan, sending you our love. I must admit I have mistakenly bought 2 pairs of short sleeved pajamas from M&S without realising that they were on separate occasions, exactly as you did Joan tied in a bundle, I never took them back though I think on pair was only about £7 reduced they will get worn eventually. I have bought a couple of bras online as well and when I unpacked them they had a massive amount of padding, push up bras I think that they are known as, lol at my size not required they did go back, I do buy the slightly padded type to even up what I do have but enhancement no thanks.

Lovewine I had a lovely meal starter spanakopita, tabouleh, artichoke with gigante beans in tomato sauce which we all shared then I had grilled scallops one of which was swapped for a prawn from ED (she just wanted one of my scallops) we finished of with three deserts chocolate torte, which was delicious, tiramisu which is Italian so not sure why it was on the menu but also delicious the third one I cannot remember the name of but Rosie probably knows its a pastry that looks a little like shredded wheat soaked in honey and nuts sometimes rose flavoured. We went for a walk up Primrose Hill after, we needed it. We nearly got blown away but felt better for it.

Lovewine, I’m glad you are now able to get up. It must have been a really nasty bout to keep you immobilised for 5 days. I hope you are not going to rush back to work, although it must be difficult when you are self employed you are going to need time to get back to health. Rosie, hope OH has a less disturbed night and you are able to have a better one as a result. Like the jigsaw. 

Its been a strange day today, getting ready to go in tomorrow but feeling a bit at a loose end. I think ordinarily we would have gone out somewhere but I dont have my car because ED and partner had jt so they could drive over to look after the GCn and I dont feeling confident driving OHs - and he would be on the edge of his seat. YDs party went very well -they had a murder mystery evening which sounded good fun, and her friends organised the main meals.  and her dog is much better - though that may just be the result of medication, and we still dont know whether it is just pancreatitis or something worse. 

Hopefully I should be back on the forum in a few days. I’m expected to be out of hospital in two days, though I’m not sure if that means Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you all for the good wishes. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies , I have made it out of bed finally on Saturday but still feel very rough and absolutely exhausted ... I have never in all of my 56 years spent 5 days in bed ill ☹️, it certainly is an awful bug and one I hope I never revisit ever again .
Rosie , I love the jigsaw puzzle , I agree about the new lay out of the forum and am finding it very user unfriendly , I hope DH doesn’t bring any nasty bugs with him from the plane too 😲
Joan , you will be very much in my thoughts tomorrow and sending you all the very best for a quick recovery which certainly seems it will be so with the keyhole surgery, although of course you will be anxious waiting for the results - hoping you will be up and about before too long .💐
Cassie I hope you enjoyed your birthday meal out - what did you have to eat ?
Wildpurl, how is the knitting going ? Definitely a photo would be lovely !
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine I do hope that you are recovering and feeling more like your self! There seem to be some very nasty flu type bugs about! Our friend upstairs developed one last week so I didn’t meet up with them. DH who returned very late last night said that several people on the plane were coughing! 😬

I had a very disturbed night after having had the bed to myself for 2 weeks! He got out three times due to the fact he had eaten too much bread, always difficult to eat properly on flight days.🙀 He doesn’t get out out quietly and as soon as he is back in the bed he is soon snoring! 😡 He is still sleeping in bed!

Joan wishing you all the very best for tomorrow and a speedy recovery! How long will you be in hospital for? I expect that you will be glad to be the other side of the op now?

Cassie hope you enjoyed celebrating your birthday this weekend I think you said you were going out with ED, can’t scroll back on this thread to find out whilst typing! 😫

Wildpurl did you get the sleeve finished and are you wearing it? Attach a picture if you can!Not sure how you put pictures up on this site may try now just to test it!

F0122A5F-6195-41F2-A4FC-D3F5BABBFAA9.jpegMy work this week only 500 pieces!

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies we all seem to be struggling with this new format. I did send a message to the admin team but I expect that have been inundated with comments!

I think we have all slightly panicked as this forum has been such a lifeline to the 5 of us and it is such a source of comfort to us all and changing the appearance of it is rather a shock! I have found the best way to deal with it to scroll through the posts on the phone and reply on the iPad! This is fine unless you are away and only have your phone!! 😒

Joan glad to hear that you got your pyjamas sorted and managed to source some joggers. My friend nearly made the same mistake as you as she was looking at men’s long sleeved shirts in M&S yesterday and they were on the same display as short sleeved shirts but the only way you could tell was by the cuff with the button in! It should be very clearly marked on the product I am sure lots of customers have made the same mistake! 

I am so sorry to hear that your YD dog is so poorly and that they may have to make a difficult decision! 

Lovewine I do hope that you are turning the corner a real bout of flu really knocks you off your feet! 😔 Don’t rush back to work I am sure that your customerers will understand you bravely struggled on during your cancer treatment, they know you will be back when you can! Hopefully you feel more like reading and maybe watching a film or two? Sending you get well wishes! 🌺🌼🌷 Spring flowers to cheer you up! X

Ladies we will overcome the new board!😬

Goodness, the forum is almost unreadable, each post is enormous and you can’t see the overall thread easily, not good for catching up. 

Hello Ladies,

I panicked when I found I no longer could locate our thread on my phone, but luckily I found you on my PC, otherwise it would have been plan B text lovewine directly!

It sounds like you have swine flu lovewine, you poor thing

Community Champion

Hello ladies. No I am not a fan of the new changes either !
Thankyou everyone for your good wishes, I am still bedridden and after a telephone conversation with G.P it seems I have the proper flu with vomiting - still feel terrible .
Joan , you had a long day at the hospital , certainly a good idea to use the patient car service . Sorry to hear about YDs dog too- sadly my friend with Inka lost her Labrador a year ago to cancer of the spleen and pancreas , he went on with medication for about 3 months and she sadly had to have him put to sleep - it’s very traumatic losing a much loved pet. Glad your friend is ok and also your OH seems to be alright now too .
Cassie what lovely flowers , glad you had a lovely birthday , enjoy your meal out at the weekend.
Wildpurl good news you can make our meet up , it soon comes around again .
Rosie I hope you enjoyed your meet up with your friend today .

Lovewine, so sorry to hear you are poorly. Hope you are feeling at least a bit better now and will soon be fully recovered. 

Cassie, beautiful flowers. I’m sure you enjoyed your glass of Prosecco. I hadnt realised you had snow n London. We have none here but can just see some on the Welsh hills. 

Wildpurl, great you are going to be able to make the summer meet up. 

Rosie, I’m not much enamoured of the new set up either, what happened to the general reply button. When I need to be able to look through all the recent posts I click on the ‘view discussion in pop up’ button which then brings up the name of our group at the top of the screen and then you can toggle between that and reply. 

Rosie, yes, I did get the pyjamas changed. Have also ordered some joggers from M and S. News about YDs dog not good. Inflamed pancreas, possibly cancer, and lesions on liver and spleen. I do hope they don't have to put him to sleep, YD will be distraught and she’s having her 40th birthday party this weekend. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

What a shock the forum has been updated! I did reply to a request to take part in the changes which is supposed to improve use on our phones! The first problem I have hit is there is no quick reply so you can’t go scrolling through all the posts above your last post which means you either have to reply individually or remember everyone’s news! 🙀

Lovewine I do hope that you are feeling much better today? Maybe another day in the warm resting will do you good.

Cassie what lovely flowers hope you enjoyed your Prosecco with YD! 

Wildpurl that’s great that the Festival is the week before our meet up in Oxford on July 20th! I had to go ahead and book our time here around it. I will arrive on the train and DH will pick me up in motorhome somewhere in Oxford and we are going on to Newhaven to cross to France on the Sunday morning!

Glad to hear the cardigan is almost finished! We have a dusting of snow here this morning! I am meeting my friend from Bredon in town this morning so hope it’s not too slippery!🙀

Joan did you get your pyjamas changed? What a long day you had at the hospital I don’t blame you taking advantage of the voluntary hospital driver service. Glad to hear that your friend that fell down the stairs is home and there was no internal bleeding. Do hope that YD’s dog will soon be better and be back home.

First impressions of this new layout- not good I have had to open the forum on my phone to read posts to make sure I respond to them all!😬 It’s no good complaining because I could have had the chance to take part, but it looked a bit complicated and I never got round to it! 😔

Happy birthday Cassie, what beautiful flowers!

sorry you are unwell Lovewine

rosie I have nearly finished the cardigan, just on the last sleeve now

glad the pre-op went ok joan. I am thinking of you

just seen the date for the village rock festival and it is the 13th July, so our meet-up on 20th July is fine for me.

Hello Ladies,

Sorry you are feeling unwell lovewine. I am sure you are feeling apprehensive Joan but well done for getting your work done. I have posted pictures of my lovely flowers I hope you find them cheery the bright ones are from ED for my birthday today but are not open yet and the other bunch are my usual ones from last Wednesday, I am having a glass of prosseco while waiting for YD to return from work we will celebrate at the weekend with a nice meal at a restaurant on Primrose Hill. Its snowing quite heavily at the moment outside its only settling on the grass though I don't think it is quite cold enough for a coating yet, maybe overnight!

20190122_172029.jpg20190122_190050.jpg

Community Champion

Lovewine sorry you are so unwell, get better soon! 💐
Joan I got some very cheap joggers when I had my knee replacement from Peacocks!

Hope you are having a good birthday, Cassie, and that work is not too demanding. Is there a convention that you take cake in to share? 

Rosie, when we drive down to weston on Sunday we passed a field which must have had more than 50 swans in it. Ive never seen so many. 

Lovewine what a blow for your friend. Ive never heard of muscle cancer. I dont know whether there is more cancer around now, or diagnosis is better or we talk about it more. But so many people seem to be affected, and its not just older people so it cant be just that the average life span is longer. 

The pre op assessment yesterday went fine although it was a lot to take in because it started with an hours presentation by a specialist nurse on the Enhanced Recovery Programme, followed by sessions with 4 different practitioners. We left home at 10 and got back at 5! Though part of this was getting the bus from the park and ride to the hospital, which is very convenient and avoids the nightmare parking arrangements but takes a roundabout route. I have to go back tomorrow for a iron infusion because the blood tests showed I had virtually none. This time we are making use of our local voluntary hospital driver service, which is wonderful. They are also going to take us in on Monday because we have to be there for 9. OH seems fine. The friend who had us so worried is now home, no internal bleeding other than around his injured knee. YD’s dog is poorly though so in doggy hospital. Cant seem to keep away from these places! 

I managed to finish both the pieces of work I needed to get in by the end of the month, which is just as well because I dont think I could concentrate on them now. Now need to get on the internet to see if I can source some comfortable joggers (as recommended yesterday) which arent going to be too hot for hospital and dont look as if I’m about to run a marathon. 

Community Champion

Hello ladies . I have been off work since Monday with a dreadful cough, fever and vomiting , feel dreadful so I am just lying either in bed or on the sofa 🤒.. will post when I feel a little better !
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I hope all went well with your pre op assesment I always worry in case my blood pressure is too high, which it has been since cancer treatment! Sometimes when I went for herceptin they used to tell me it was rather high! When I went for my leg op last year they took it twice before they did the op and asked me if I had ever taken blood pressure tablets!🙀 I expect this week will speed by and you will be glad when the op is over? How is OH? Do hope that all is well with him. Will your YD take you in for your op?
Cassie hoppy, ha ha,happy (I noticed that predictive text change 😂) birthday! 💐🎊🎉🍸
Lovewine how is your workload this week? I had to tackle DH ironing yesterday again and bed linen it wasn’t quite as bad as my previous session! I was cursing the shirts with the tiny buttons either side of the collar and the shirt he had flung in the wash with most of the buttons still done up. 😡
My sister came to Worcester on Sunday and we went to have lunch at the Diglis Hotel which was pleasant. We had a table in the conservatory overlooking the river and saw a couple of swans in flight down the river in addition to the many gliding down the river!🦢🦢🦢🦢🦢🦢🦢
It looks a sunny day outside today but the temperature it 2 at the moment! 🙀

Community Champion

Oh my goodness Joan it never seems to just rain but pour!🙀 I am glad to hear that your friend hasn’t broken anything and that he will soon be discharged from hospital!
Sorry about your theatre visit you could have done with a day out! Could you go on the train? I have just checked the Trainline and you can get from Bristol to Stratford but it is 2 changes! 😬 I hope you find something else relaxing to do!
Cassie maybe you will be celebrating your birthday this weekend with family? If so have a great time!
Wildpurl, have you finished the cardigan?🤔
Lovewine sorry to hear about your friend’s sister let’s hope that with chemo she will gain some extra years! Cancer’s are being diagnosed so frequently these days I do wander how long people would live if they left undiagnosed and untreated? Are we are own worst enemies with our lifestyles?
Whatever you are doing this weekend ladies make sure that you have some relaxation!