cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Cassie , glad you had some successful purchases , like the sound of your linen top.. where did you get it from ? Glad GS and ED had a nice time this afternoon and the workshop was a success .
Joan , seems like the journey home was quite busy for all of us one way or another !
Rosie , hope your first stop in Buxton is enjoyable , I think it’s a very pretty town and Peak District is beautiful .
I have been busy with work today and it’s been very hot again 😳,
Wildpurl I hope you enjoy your hotter sandals , think I may have a look online now too!!

A lovely photo of a lovely day. The waiter did a good job. 

I had a pretty good journey back. Better, from the sound of it than you dud, Cassie, Rosie and Lovewine. The train from Didcot was late getting into Bristol but fortunately the connecting train from Bristol was also delayed so just made it. Rather dismayed at the next stop when it filled up with football fans but although they were very noisy they werent badly behaved. 

You did well with your purchases Wildpurl and Cassie. Hope your shoes are comfirtable when they arrive. Cassie, great that GS enjoyed the workshop. Hope all goes well this week for him and ED. 

Rosie, hope the trip to Newcastle goes well. Have you managed to get a doctors appointment? Postponing your return to Cyprus should make it less pressurised for you. 

Good evening ladies,

Yes I did make a purchase Rosie a nice linen and cotton mix loose fit top white with various colour and sized spots, it should go well with some linen trousers, I did go to hotter but no sandals left in my size wide fit. I have since had a look online but only one style to choose from I think they may have been the ones you were wearing, I liked them in the pink metallic but again not in my size! I have just ordered a tan pair from pavers and also a pair if pumps for the in between weather which would be ok for dog walking too, they are a taupe colour so very neutral. I hope they are comfy when they come.

The journey home was extremely hot I moved carriages after about 20 mins, I thought if there is no cooler place I will stand in the corridor by the open window, phew. The train was cooler and less crowded so I made a good decision. The heat makes me feel exhausted, I am quite tired now but will have to fight it off or will not sleep well tonight. GS enjoyed his workshop today and is currently in the southbank with his mum he's been in the fountains and in yo sushi, which he loves. Fingers crossed and I hope his mu has a deep wallet the workshop was £80.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Wildpurl I am sure that you will be very happy with your Hotter sandals and won’t buy shoes from anywhere else in future they are really comfortable! Post a picture of them when you get them!
Cassie did you make any purchases in Oxford? Hope your journey back was event free!
Joan hopefully your journey back was trouble free also?
Lovewine the train I was on was very hot and some people who had been drinking got on and were shouting laughing and being crude!😡 They weren’t youngsters either!
Lovewine I suppose cricket fans were better behaved than football fans!
It was lovely to see us looking so well after what life continue to throws at us all in one way or the other!
I had an enjoyable day with my sister yesterday we went to the canal boat for coffee and onto the Diglis for lunch!
Today DH and I start our trip to Newcastle we are stopping overnight at Buxton tonight!
We have delayed our return back to Cyprus by 5 days as we wont be back from our travels until Sunday and we were due to go Wednesday! We need to see mil again and meet up with friends. More importantly I need to get a doctors appointment to get some pain killers that are going to work!😬 We now return on Aug 20th.
Hope the week starts well for you all it looks as if the weather will cool down this week!

Community Champion

Evening ladies, a lovely photo and a very nice day!
Wildpurl, am so envious of your dressmaking skills, loved the dress😊, glad you ordered some shoes!
Rosie, happy motorhoming 😀, enjoy the week.
Joan and cassie i hope you arrived back without any delays, my connecting train from birmingham was standing room only, mainly full of cricket fans returning from Edgbaston!

It’s a lovely, happy photo and it was a lovely day.

Encouraged by Rosie Smiley Wink I shall soon be the proud owner of some smart and comfortable sandals for work which I bought in the Hotter sale.

Community Champion

April 14 thread 4th annual meet up!
We are survivors! 😄
Community Champion

5B86409F-AA68-487A-8A5E-8C1C6AABA41D.jpeg

It looks like I will be the last to arrive at 10.50.
Community Champion

I will be there at 10.26 after a visit to the ladies I will wait in the main entrance the other side of the ticket barrier! 😀

I should arrive at Oxford at 10:40

look forward to seeing you all there Smiley Happy

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. My train should get in at 10.45. 

Cassie, although I can understand you’re worried that it may be premature for GS to go home  its seems a positive sign that ED is missing GS and also that she worries about the burden on you. When people are at rock bottom  they usually cant think of anyone but themselves, which is understandable, but difficult for people around them. Its also maddening when they reject well-intentioned attempts to help. Interesting though that she is saying she needs to find better coping strategies. 

Rosie, hope you had a lovely time in Somerset. Lovewine, your walk sounds lovely. We have had anything but a peaceful day with full on grandchildren. They were pretty good but exhausting. We soent most of the day in the garden because it was quite hot. I think tomorrow is going to be even hotter in Oxford. I have a voucher for a bottle of Prosecco, which I hope will be valid. They sent it to me for my birthday last month and it said it was valid for 6 weeks so fingers crossed

Community Champion

Evening ladies . All set for our meet up tomorrow 😊, my train arrives at 10.41 so will look out for you all.
Just had a lovely walk with OH and dogs around our local reservoir , lots of wildlife and birds , very peaceful.
Rosie, the chip shop has been closed because the owners go back to Cyprus for nearly 3 weeks every year ! Thankfully they are back open now 😊
See you all tomorrow !
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie I am so sorry that ED is not receiving the help from MH that she so obviously needs! It is a huge worry for you! It sounds like you have broken the back of the emails that arrived in whilst you were away!
Lovewine the temperature yesterday was most pleasant and much more comfortable for you evening walk! Fancy the chip shop being shut are they are on holiday?
We went to Bampton yesterday and found a delightful cafe called The Toucan Cafe we enjoyed a mixed fish salad!😋
We are heading back to Worcester today! Sil is visibg tomorrow with mil. Let’s hope all the trains are running on Saturday! Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday at the station in Oxford!😁
Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies , looks like summer has returned to Leicestershire , it’s been a lovely day without the oppressive heat of last week thank goodness !
Cassie I am so sorry you are having such a worry with ED and GS, You would have thought in view of EDs need for some help that things would have moved a lot quicker if at all , it must be very hard for GS now he is older and he sounds a very intelligent little boy and aware of things much more , I suppose it’s understandable he feels angry at times.
You have a lot to cope with at the moment with one thing and another .
I am off to meet up with everyone shortly for our weekly dog walk - it’s much more pleasant for walking now , fish and chip shop still closed so it will have to be a walk and then the pub!
Rosie , hope you are enjoying Somerset , a lovely part of the country I think 😊.
Joan , hope you have managed to find things to do with the GC 😏
Wildpurl , hope all is well with you too.

Good Morning Ladies,

Joan congratulations on your anniversary, I can well remember similar scenario with the map reading too had my marriage endured it would have been my 40th anniversary next Sept, wow now there is a thought.

Looking forward to the weekend now, work was predictably horrendous and will continue to be this week until the backlog begins to clear, I had 339 emails, in my inbox the vast majority sales and locum staff agencies, I managed to get through all of them and filled all of the outstanding incoming patient records. I have a book like pile of online access forms to process and many items to summarise in the records, plus a few medication reconciliations. I knew things would be be very difficult on return to work but had obviously not factored in a GS as well! So far so good on that front I had managed to find a summer school placement for GS £25 a day though, not feasible for any length of time on NHS wages. GS was impeccable well behaved yesterday in the office next door bless him, we had a conversation on the way home about the prospect of going to the play scheme today and he then became quite angry with his mum, understandable I guess that she was spoiling his holiday from school.

Within a few minutes ED text to say she had replaced her phone and was setting it up and would do a bit of food shopping and be with us shortly to pick GS up. I still have my reservations as it all seemed rather sudden but I think she is worse without GS she said she missed him and felt bad leaving me in the proverbial. Help for her has been hopeless to say the least, nothing has materialised since the last episode in May when she stayed at the MH crisis refuge, they talk the talk at the time then nothing.

I have talked at length with ED and she feels it does not help, she somehow needs to develop better coping mechanisms for dealing with what life throws at all of us, if I dare to ever say anything like I understand and I have been there she just says well I am not you am I mum! Its very difficult and extremely worrying.

Well nose to the grindstone today for me, at lest the weather is a little cooler and its bright today

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
I only have my phone so apologies for short responses!
Joan glad you managed a good weekend and started your 51’st year still married despite map reading! What a shame that the weather turned!
Lovewine we are now in Dulverton Somerset for a couple of nights. The sun is shining this morning so hopefully we will get a drier brighter day!
I expect that you are glad of a lull at work does this mean there will be loads when your clients return from their holidays?🙄
Cassie I fear you were probably pounced on at work to sort out issues!😳
Has ED improved enough to look after GS?
Community Champion

Evening ladies, Joan , glad you had a good weekend and arrived home with tempers intact! I relate to that scenario very well, had many a row with OH on journeys when map reading!

Rosie, hope your weekend has gone well, have you taken to motor homing☺️, must say i think it sounds appealing😊.

Work fairly quiet today as a lot of people are on holiday, Cassie, i hope you haven’t faced an enormous backlog of work on your return, how are things with ED? Really hope she has managed to access some help , what a worry for you.

By the way Joan, i caught up with Picnic at Hanging Rock, enjoyed the first two episodes and felt rather bemused by the 3rd !!

Oh Cassie, what a shame the benefits of your lovely and much needed holiday will have so swiftly worn off. I do hope ED has had some help by now and is no longer at such a crisis point. I hope something can be sorted out for GS too but I guess its inevitable that you will be doing a lot. I imagine there are holiday clubs in the area but even if they were suitable for GS they may be full. What problems to come back too. Well done YB for giving you a bit of respite from work. 

We had a good weekend in Canterbury and fortunately, although it drizzled on and off all day we were mainly inside. Thank you for the best wishe. We have managed to stay married despite the dreaded M25, jammed as usual coming north. I think we have the sat nav to thank for that, navigating us through Surrey. When we were reliant on maps husband used to get very shirty with me. Usually justifiably I have to say. Must go now, off to Qi Gong, which probably wont be in the garden today.

Community Champion

Evening ladies, Cassie, glad you enjoyed your holiday, but what a worry for you with your ED going missing, i do hope you can get the appropriate help for her, will be thinking of you though next week returning to work and worrying about her and GS.
Rosie, hope the weather hasnt dampened your motor home experience and you have had a lovely weekend, as you say such special times as you dont get to see all your family together very often.
Joan, hope your golden wedding celebration in canterbury was a lovely weekend.
Not much going on here, just walking dogs and jet washed my patio today!,
Community Champion

Cassie so sorry hear that you have come back from holiday to a series of problems! I can’t believe that work phoned your EB to find out when you were back! Do hope ED’s condition has improved. What a worry for you!
Sadly the weather has turned just as we are motorhoming! Lovely to see all the family precious times!❤️
Lovewine I hope you have a waterproof cover for your swinging chair?🤔
No need for watering the garden this weekend!

Good Morni9ng Ladies,

I did arrive back on Weds evening, it was a lovely holiday we probably packed too much into a week but at least we have a good over all view of Lake Garda and can decide if we would like to return maybe to another resort at a later date. The weather was very hot some days hotter than here but there was some relief because there was rain overnight three times and also on the day that we were visiting Verona town, but we managed to dodge the rain just getting onto the coach when  it started and again as we left it really poured just as we got on the coach again.

Unfortunately ED has had another crisis while we were away, and yesterday was a nightmare she disappeared and was on the missing list for the whole day, BF found her I obviously looked after GS but it was all very stressful, I got a couple of very worrying texts from her first thing in the morning when she was expecting the Crisis team who she said did not turn up then she disappeared and was apparently at Kings Cross not saying where she was going to go, I had to give her description to the police and eventually after 9 hours BF said she agreed not to go anywhere after all and he was taking her for a bite to eat and then home and they would try again to get help today.

GS took it all in his stride bless him talking with the policeman about one of his passions and looking on the live departure board at Kings Cross for them.

I hope we can get something sorted today but I am worried obviously about her and GS and how I will cope with juggling work and GS in the holidays. I may have to bring him with me next week or may be able to get YD to babysit if ED is not well enough.

Apparently work have called YB four times while I have been away to ask if  I was around and he said no not until the weekend!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan the Vikings pier project sounded like a hit!
Congratulations on your Golden Wedding have a great weekend in Canterbury!
The weather here yesterday tipped 30 expected to be another warm one today and then breaking slightly for the weekend.
ES and family have arrived safely from France at their destination in Devon!
Sadly DD broke down and had to be towed by the AA. They were then transferred to a taxi at 2.00am and finally reached the Premier Inn in Worcester just before 3.30am!
Their car will be taken to the Vauxhall dealer in Worcester between 9 and 10 this am. So DH will go and sort them out as they will fill the car! Not sure whether they will have to wait for a repair or be given a hire car?🙄
Lovewine maybe you will get to do your painting this weekend? Was it some drawers?
Looking forward to our meet up next Saturday ladies! 😄

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie , hope DD and family arrived safely last night , we seemed to miss the predicted thunderstorms here - had 2 downpours during the evening which lasted a couple of minutes only ! Have a lovely time with your family over the weekend 😊
Joan , enjoy your weekend in Canterbury and congratulations on your Golden wedding 🍾, at least it will be cooler for sightseeing over the next few days .
I haven’t watched Picnic at hanging rock yet , have recorded it though ! I am enjoying the new series of Unforgotten .
Cassie , hope you feel rested after your holiday !
Wildpurl , enjoy your long weekend off too.
I am working this morning and not much planned as yet for the weekend 😏

Thank you for the suggestions about entertaining the GC, Rosie & Lovewine. First day went brilliantly, we went on the Pier first where the summer theme for children is the Vikings. I’m not sure they learned much but they had a great time tearing around with cardboard swords and shields and dressing up. We had to dress up as well! Fortunately I dont know how to post the photos from my phone!  Then we went on the beach for a bit before coming back here where they spent most of the afternoon doing various things in the paddling pool. So it was actually quite peaceful. Havent decided yet about tomorrow but will probably just stay local. 

Rosie, its a shame that the surgeon isnt going to do anything about your knee for a while although it makes sense. Have a lovely time with your family. You certainly seem to have a lot going on near you. Like the latest giraffe too. Yes, the wildfires in Greece were terrifying, they spread so incredibly quickly and devastatingly. Seeing the pictures must have been particularly resonant for you, I know you have several quite close to you in previous years. 

Lovewine, good you didnt have another alarm clock incident. What a shame OH doesnt share your interest in stately homes but at least you can enjoy walks round the estates. Hope the week hasnt been too exhausting for you. I dont think the temperatures here have been quite as high. 

We’re off to Canterbury this weekend to mark our Golden Wedding since the family celebration isnt till August. Im really pleased that the weather is expected to break there on Fiday so the temperature is supposed to be on the low twenties. We should have heavy rain here too on Sunday so at least we shouldn t need to water the garden when we get back. 

Community Champion

9CA983F1-CC11-4589-BD78-47939F30803C.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies.
Lovewine I have to return to the surgeon in 4 months I had a series of X-rays on both knees and he wants the right one to have longer to improve before attempting the left one. It is very deliberating and I have to take ibuprofen before walking out. I feel like a disabled person!😢 First of all the cancer scenario and now this!😬
DD arrives tonight and the kids are staying with us so they can go to bed as soon as they get here and her and her husband are staying at the Premier Inn. We all set off for a little hamlet called Nadderwater near Exeter where hopefully ES and family will arrive safely from France today! DD and family are staying in a Premier Inn for a couple of nights and DH and I are staying in a motorhome! More about that when we meet!😀
It looks like another warm day today with a drop tomorrow as we approach Exeter with the chance of thunder! Typical!🤨
Lovewine I have seen so many ladies wearing the Next linen dresses especially the green one!😄
Last night we went to see Mamma Mia at the cinema it was another really good film!
We have a new arts centre opened on our development called Henry Sandon Hall as he was involved with Worcester porcelain. There is a Shakespeare Revue there tonight which is a humorous cabaret style musical! Fortunatey tickets aren’t west end prices as we may have to leave in the interval if DD has arrived. They can’t set off until 4pm so they shouldn’t be here before 9.00pm with a couple of stops. I only booked it as it’s on for 3 night from tonight and we are dying to have a look around! There is a courtyard cafe that I went in yesterday to get a menu and there are some cakes to die for and they sell some farm produce! Lovely to have on the door step!
I found another giraffe there! 😄
Hope you are all ok? I can’t remember how long Cassie is away for?
Aren’t the fires dreadful in Greece it just shows how quickly they spread in the dry season. We have several in Cyprus each year and they are always worrying. I know that there have been some here also. There was one very close to Croome Court! 😳

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies , Rosie , I hope all went well when you saw the surgeon yesterday ? When do you think you will have the left one done ? It is very debilitating being in pain and of course very limiting in mobility for you !
It’s been very hot here again , sleeping has been quite difficult , I believe tomorrow is going to reach 35 degrees and thunderstorms on Friday !
We are not meeting for our walk this evening due to the above!☀️😓
OH did get up at the correct time yesterday thank goodness !!
Rosie , when are you and the family getting together ? Can’t remember when you said 😏, it will be lovely to see them all.
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan I am sorry that you didn’t manage to get any cooler clothes as the good weather has continued and looks set to do so for a while longer. I noticed in Next there was a handful of the linen dresses that Lovewine and I purchased!
Joan I can’t find why giraffes,the exhibition is called Worcester stand tall!
Yes I have visited Killerton once Joan many years ago before we became NT members we could only afford the grounds only at the time!
How about taking the GC to Coughton Court exciting tower to climb and priest hideout holes. With plenty of woodland area to walk or have a picnic?
They will probably have a little knowledge of the Gunpowder Plot!
A boat trip on the river could be good?
Do you have a soft play near you?
A visit to a park with an ice cream ?
It was very warm here yesterday Lovewine but at least there is some respite first thing in the morning and the evening when it feels much fresher except when you get in bed!😳
Hope OH got up for work at the right time!
I am seeing the surgeon who did my TKR today. I am really struggling with the mobility of the left leg now.😢
Have a good day ladies!

Community Champion

Evening ladies, Rosie I love the giraffes What a great idea for raising money .
It’s been 30 degrees here today and very humid , thankfully I had finished work by 3.00 p.m , tomorrow looks a lot busier though.
Joan , at least a slightly easier week for you , not sure how to amuse the GC with the hot weather though😏, only the beach or outdoor swimming ! Or maybe a woodland walk ?
We had a very nice walk through the woods on the Spencer estate , very cool and tranquil ,Althorp House is open throughout the summer months , I have been several times with my mum and dad , it’s not OHs thing though- being raised in Canada he is bewildered by the English class system and aristocracy and doesn’t care for it !!
Rosie , I love Moreton in the marsh . Also bourton on the water too, they do get very busy though !
OH is in early again tomorrow , will leave him to set the alarm clock this time I think !
Joan on the cool linen clothes - have you looked at John Lewis’s own brand called Kin , they have some very nice things !
Cassie , I hope you are having a wonderful time in Italy.
Wildpurl , I expect you are very busy with your garden at the moment !

Rosie, what a very glamorous giraffe. I think these installations are so great to have scattered round a city; for several years now Bristol has done a Wallace and Gromit tour and in Wells they had a swan tour. The grandchildren have loved them. And they raise quite a lot of money for charity. Do you know why giraffes? These small Cotswold towns are so beautiful arent they. The last time we went to Stratford our normal route was closed off and we were diverted through, I think, Stow on the Wold. Very picturesque though I imagine house prices are astronomical. The NT property we visited with tbe interesting exhibition on womens suffrage was Killerton, which I expect you will know. It has a lovely garden as well, although it was just too hot to walk around in it. 

Lovewine, lovely photo of your dad with the dogs. Did you get your walk around Lady Di’s family home? Hope you have had no repeats of the alarm clock mistake. Hopefully the visit to the village pub helped to smooth relations. Are you watching Picnic at Hanging Rock? If yes, what do you think of it? We watched the first two episodes and are recording the rest but not sure if we shall continue. All a bit too weird and not very involving although I gather the original film was much better. 

I had another busy week last week though fortunately no more train journeys. This week is the start of the school holidays here and we will be having the GCn two days a week so thinking hard what to do with them/ where to go which wont be too hot. They dont seem to notice the heat but we certainly do. Im sitting in our dining room by an open window and still need a fan playing on my feet. And its due to get hotter. No joy on the cool smart clothes though did get a very nice linen top in a local shop this week. 

Cassie, hope you are having a great time. Wildpurl, hope all well with you. 

Community Champion

5A5E0B70-F690-4AD6-84A6-0AA5817D827E.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
We had a good trip yesterday and had coffee and cake at a very nice cafe in Moreton in Marsh. I have never been there before it is a typical Cotswold town.
Hope you enjoy your day in the woodland Lovewine it looks a little cooler today!
I am loving the Giraffe project around the city! 😄 The latest picture is Guilded Gerry outside the Guild Hall!😂

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie I hope you enjoyed your trip yesterday , a bargain with the train tickets too!
I just visited Pets at Home store for supplies , it was a very hot day so didn’t stay in the town too long , I did pick up some lovely half price lavender plants from Homebase though , I have quite a few and the bees and butterflies love them !
We may drive into Northamptonshire later to Princess Diana’s family estate - there are acres of woodland you can walk and it will be nice and cool!
Have a good day everyone 😊
Community Champion

Good morning!
Lovewine what lovely photographs of your dad with his fan club!😄
DH did enjoy his golf trip and it really helped him to make a separation from Cyprus and here!
Oh dear Lovewine I bet you weren’t very popular sending OH into work so early!😮
We had heavy rain here for about 2 hours we got caught in Malvern at Matalan in the shopping outlet!
I am meeting my sister today and we are going on the train to Moreton to see her daughter. My ticket cost me £2.50 return with my pass! The ticket to Evesham cost me over £5 and it’s only a couple of stops!
Have a good weekend all!
Community Champion

Dad yesterday with his fan club, they love him, not very good photos as the light is at the back of him.

Community Champion

13AA97A7-9723-4BE5-9AC0-E2D9D926005A.jpeg6F69452E-57F5-41BA-B91B-BA3879306865.jpeg

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, love the photos Rosie, certainly looks tranquil where you visited yesterday. Hope DH enjoyed his golf trip and you your time to yourself! 

Joan, as Rosie says , hope the mammogram went ok, its always the waiting for the results which is so stressful.

We actually had some rain this afternoon,  not much, possible thunderstorms overnight too.

Had an annoying start to the day, OH had to go in to work at 5.00 a.m to train the night shift staff on a certain problem. He asked me to set the alarm for 4.15 a.m which i did, alarm went off as set, OH goes off to work, i try and sleep a little longer, look at the clock and get up to meet my dog walking friends for 7oclock and glance at time on my phone and its only 5.30 a.m 🙀, OH arrived at work at 3.45!! It seems while I was setting the clock I accidentally put the clock forward an hour!  Needless to say we are both really tired now.

We did manage a stroll over the local canal and woods, called back at a village pub for a refreshment🍷.

Might go and hunt for a new bra tomorrow, have suspected for a while i have been wearing the wrong size as felt uncomfortable and straps not right, one of my clients is a lingerie designer, she measured me yesterday and i am 2 sizes out😳, so new ones are needed!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Community Champion

Tranquility at Coughton!
Community Champion

23B8C13C-B3ED-4D26-B5A3-03D936744A89.jpeg

Community Champion

4CD12CB2-8AA6-49D5-9636-0B09137E5F9E.jpeg

Community Champion

Joan hope all went well with your mammogram yesterday?
Lovewine hope you have a relaxing Friday!
Wildpurl you must be glad of a long weekend.
DH comes back today, I am off to get my hair done!
My friend and I had a lovely day at Coughton Court. The grounds are ideal for this time of year quite shady!
I met the guy in the photograph on the way to the station! He is one of several dotted about the city. They have been commissioned to sell off in aid of a new building for the hospice!
Community Champion

Good morning!
Yes Lovewine it’s lovely to feel the fresh air through the window! When DH went to the store to get his golf clubs he found the fan and left that for me for the bedroom because of the gull situation! It was better last night I couldn’t hear the gulls as I only left the windows open a little and the fan on!
I forgot to mention yesterday that we were nearly loaded onto the wrong plane in Paphos and kept standing in the heat on the steps and tarmac until they had sorted out the problem and we had to return to the terminal building! 🙀
After lunch DH left for his golf and I walked to the library! I bit off more than I could chew!😬It’s just over a mile each way! I usually have a bad day after travelling and my left leg, the unoperated one, was very painful and I struggled from seat to seat! Fortunately I pass through the pedestrianised high street where there are scattered benches! 😔 I really struggled on the way back! But I did come back with 4 books!🤓📚📕
You evening walk should be more comfortable tonight Lovewine.
I don’t plan to do much today! I think I will tackle the ironing. We left a basketfull last time we were here!🙄 Thank goodness for the steam generated iron!
Cassie safe travels enjoy your holiday!
Joan are you travelling on trains this week?
Wildpurl have you managed to resume the pond project yet?
Have a good day all!
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie it must be nice to enjoy the cooler weather in Worcester , hope you have a relaxing few days doing your own thing ! 😊,.
It has cooled off a little here which is better for working , still no rain though , the cracks in the fields are about 5 ins wide in places now !
Cassie , hope you had a nice lunch with ED and arrived without any delays in Italy , enjoy yourself .🍷☀️
Joan , hope your week is going ok , did you find any summer clothes online? There are some very good sales on !
Wildpurl , hope all is well with you.
We are walking this evening and then the pub garden , it’s more pleasant for walking so should be ok!
Have a good day everyone!
Community Champion

Cassie, have a lovely time in Italy, see you in a couple of weeks! 

Community Champion

Indeed it did Cassie! Have a wonderful time in Italy! 😄😎🍕🍷

Our post crossed Rosie

Good Morning Ladies,

It looks like being a lovely fresher day today. Welcome back to England Rosie it sounds like you have some lovely plans over the next few days. I am meeting up with ED today for lunch before we set off to Italy, I did most of my packing yesterday so just the last few toiletry bits to put in now. I did take a full two weeks off in the end but have had to lie about the length of time out of the country otherwise they would be on the phone and asking me to go in, I thought it would break the holiday up too much to go in for one or two days when I have been off since Friday it made no sense. YB & ED are on flat & cat duty so Felix should be OK, the plants will need watering too we have some chilli plants and a rather large poinsettia lol, I know most of you ladies have gardens but it would be a shame to let them dry out while we are away.

GS has been to try on some sample sizes for his new school uniform, bless him we have ordered it for him, it hard to believe he is starting secondary school. Shame about the football, I think England did well and the whole country seemed to come together, for a short while anyway. I will keep in touch when I am back, not long until our meet up now xx

Community Champion

Good morning ladies from Worcester!
We arrived very late last nights after an interesting train journey following a 4.5 hour flight! We had 3 changes! One at Reading one at Didcot Parkway where we were taken on a bus to Hanborough and finally a train to Worcester. Then hopped in a taxi!
The apartment was very warm and we opened the windows! I left the bedroom windows open wide but the gulls kept us awake from the very early hours!😡 I don’t know why we have gulls when we are so far inland!
Lovewine your swinging chair was just what the doctor ordered for you! 😄
DH is off to Glamargon for a golf tournament later today for a couple of days, so looking forward to a couple of days chilling! It’s lovely to be sat in the lounge with the window open and feel fresh air!
Hope the week has started well for you all!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , I also wanted Croatia to win , life returns to normal after all the football excitement now 😏, Wimbledon got rather lost this year !
Rosie I hope you have a trouble free trip back today , seems very long winded with the trains , I know it’s been on the news lately about the appalling service and cancellations .
Joan , I am also due for a mammogram in the next couple of months and really dread it , it’s like a dark cloud hanging above 🌫,
I am afraid I did spend the whole weekend lolling around on my swinging chair ☺️, found it too hot to be bothered to do much else .. interesting what you said about it being relaxing with the rocking , I definitely do , I have never been able to sit and read during the day , except on holiday ! I have been able to do this and not feel the urge to jump up and start a new project etc etc 😬! Would really recommend if you can fit one in your garden .
Cassie , have a lovely holiday in Italy , bet you are really ready for a break now .
Wildpurl , hope you enjoyed a longer weekend with your Thursday off .
Have a good day ladies .