Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Rosie, my mum has been on steroids for about 5 years, she was hospitalised with severe pain in stomach for 14 days and had numerous tests- resulting in a diagnosis of ovarian cysts for which she had a hysterectomy and diverticulitis 😬
Community Champion

Rosie, i was thinking the same about how quiet our thread is at the moment!!
Good your kitchen has returned to order now- i hate things to be in a mess🙀
I should have received an appt for my latest echo scan, but haven't yet! Looks like i will have to ring and chase it up as nurses wont do herceptin without it🙀, i only have 2 more left , so dont want a delay!
Community Champion

It's very quiet on the board Lovewine with the exception of us!😲😲

How long has your mum been taking steroids? 

My kitchen has returned to order thank goodness it was really depressing me!!'😕

well done you for fixing the mower it would have been so annoying to leave the lawn half cut!🙀

Community Champion

Good news about your dog Rosie, hopefully all will be well! DH too, hopefully the steroids will help very quickly, my mum has very bad diverticulitis and has a restricted diet( no seeds, nuts or food with skin on!!) and she has a low dose of steroids every day and it keeps things settled.
Hopefully too your kitchen has returned to some kind of order, i know it well with my OH, starts something and gets distracted🙀😬.
Mowed my lawn this afternoon, only for the wheel to come off mid mow😏, managed to fix it- am quite proud of myself!!
Joan, wildpurl, cassie and Lisa, hope all is well.
Community Champion

Dog seems to be using all 4 paws and I can't see any sign of swelling so hopefully we are out of the woods!😏
Doctor has given DH a 5 week course of reducing steroids so hopefully that will sort him out in a few days!
Kitchen still all over the place DH has got a new hose to change, turned the water off and is now doing emails!!'😤😬😠
Community Champion

Oh dear Rosie what a rubbish start to the day! Hopefully DH can get medication and ease the discomfort a little.maybe the dog was bitten or stung?, but then i expect you would see a wound or swelling😬, hoping it settles down before this afternoon.
Yes, i am fully expecting to be very busy when clients return😏✈️👕👗.
Hope the day improves Rosie!!
Community Champion

Good morning Lovewine! The morning went from bad to worse! I took the,dog out whilst DH investigated the leak! Half way round the walk she stood on a fairly big red insect and couldn't put her paw down! At first I thought she was fussing but she kept stopping in the middle of the road and licking it. I couldn't see anything. Another dilemma did I phone DH who,I had left under the sink or carry on. We carried on she walked mainly on 3 legs!😒 Got her home and we bathed her paw can't see anything. She may have to go to the vet this afternoon if she is still unable to put paw down! DH has a doctors appointment at 11.30 today so hopefully she will be able to sort him out a bit!
The leak is still dripping a bit now we have everything from under the sink scattered around the kitchen floor and I had to waltz round the many items to get breakfast!!🙀
How can you get so much under your sink??? Found 3 bottles of washing up liquid!🙀
I suppose your clients will bring all their ironing back home from abroad as they won't want to do it in these temperatures!😓😱
I am going to,school,for,a meeting at 12.30 DH picking me up on the way back from the doctors!
Hope your day isn't too bad!😏
Community Champion

Morning Rosie, what a start to the morning🙀🙀, I would have said leave DH asleep and put a jug to catch the water!! Too late if dog has woken DH anyway! Sounds like a plumber will be on his way🔩🔨🔧😁, hope it's something minor! Are you in school today?
I have a fairly busy day today- a lot of my clients are away until the end of August - decamped to their second homes abroad😊🌞, of course when they return I start being quite hectic again!
Hope the leak is sorted soon Rosie!!
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

I have an early morning dilemma!!!
DH came to bed at 2am and doesn't need or be in school until 10.00pm. I sneaked out of the bedroom grabbed some short s and a tea shirt and thought I will take the dog a walk. Got downstairs to make a cup of tea and stood on the mat by the sink and it was soaked. Naturally I thought the dog had done it- something she hasn't done since a puppy! So I was cross with her. I was paddling with bare feet though it!😱 I proceeded to clear it up and chuck the mat into a bag and throw it out the front door on the drive! When I opened the cupboard under the sink to throw the tea bag away I realised that it was water coming out from under the sink! I couldn't turn the taps off under there and it's not pouring so I have put a towel down to soak it up a bit! I am not sure whether I should wake DH or wait a bit as it's not gushing????
Dilemma solved dog barked at something outside DH has woken up and is not very happy but is on the case! He couldn't turn the taps off by hand either!😒
I will now go and retrieve the kitchen mat and put it out to dry!!'

Community Champion

😜😜😜😜😜
Community Champion

Rosie, I am stuffing the minstrels now!!🙀🙀
Community Champion

BBQ was definitely easier on the washing up front too Lovewine! Resisted a glass of wine settled for diet coke instead!
Did you accompany the wine with the bag of Minstrels??🍷 🍫
Community Champion

Evening ladies, hope you enjoyed your barbecue Rosie😀🍗🍔!!
Wildpurl, good luck with return to work tomorrow, hope your daughter is doing ok too.
Joan, i assume you are still waiting for your results, hoping they wont be long for either of us!
Cassie, hope you had a nice weekend and haven't returned to a chaotic week!
Lisa, the weeks are flying past, you will be back at work soon🙀, have you named your hens?🐓
Am having a glass of red wine🍷and contemplating a bag of minstrels to accompany it!🙀
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Well DH has the BBQ going tonight so not much cooking happening inside apart from baked pots and the veg!
Lovewine is you dog ok now?
Wildpurl hope work isn't too bad!
Joan trust all is well with you.
Cassie hope GS enjoyed his weekend.
Lisa any eggs yet???🐓🐣

Community Champion

I started to pm you a reply and my lift came 15 mins early so I had to close the iPad and go out of the door. When I came back I tried to carry on with it and then send but it wouldn't let me! I will respond later! Just going to get some lunch,hungry, hot and tired!
Community Champion

Thanks Rosie! Sorted now i think!!
Community Champion

Thanks jo, it seems to be the picture icons that are the problem! Sorted thankyou!
Community Champion

Did you put picture icons in it won't work with the pictures!!!
Highlighted

Hi Lovewine,

I have just tried to send Rosie a PM and it worked.  Would you do us a favour please and try again please?  If it still doesn't work would you let us know via the email system to moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk

Many thanks

Jo, Moderator

Community Champion

Rosie, i have received your PM and tried to reply, but it says you do not exist to send the message too!! Will try again!🙀🙀