cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Morning Ladies, Rosie. I had a very red face on steroids with chemo!😡 hopefully things will settle down a little. I feel very stiff in the mornings and if i sit for more than a few minutes, so will see what happens after herceptin😏
Cassie, sounds like a stressful time for you at work, hope the temp soon returns!! How are things with ED and GS?
It looks like a very sunny day for us today, quite busy working, but may sneak a bit of time in the garden!😄
Community Champion

Good morning Ladies!
Lovewine the lottery postcode is disgusting and herceptin should be administered to all Her 2 pos patients!  Can't wait to,feel less tired feel like a real old lady!!👵!!!
DH goes very red in the face on steroids! 👺
Cassie good to,hear from you I do sympathise with you having to type the referral letters it must take you ages to check all the spellings for medical terms!🙀 do hope,the temp returns soon!!!
Hope you other ladies are all well!

Hello Ladies,

I am on the thread a bit late tonight as I think I am over tired I have just finished doing an online shop for my groceries.

Rosie I am glad the dog seems OK, poor thing I am glad he was not the puddle maker Woman LOL also glad the emergency with the water in the kitchen seems to be over, I would be exactly the same I cannot stand everything being out of place around the house, it does have its advantages though it means if I start something I will definitley finish it even if it takes all night.

Work is really mental still, the temp secretary is off sick now would you believe it and I have been typing up the referral letters today, I would not mind but I really don't have the time, but they cannot wait. I am not a touch typist so listening to the dictations, handwriting them, stopping and starting then typing them up is time consuming let alone the medical terminology, I do understand most of it but the spellings !

Spell check is not much good for medical terms it does not recognise any. Lovewine the thread is quiet at the moment I have had a read a couple of times but felt completely knackered, so I did not add anything.

You are right we have a lot to be thankful for there are a lot of brave strong women out there who are happy to either fight for equal rights for all or to raise money for good causes and also take part in medical research. I should get off to bed and try to sleep.

Community Champion

Rosie, mum has problems sleeping, but she always has!! Think its more to do with worrying about dad and myself😬, no other side effects from steroids.
It has gone past fairly quickly with the herceptin, oncologist did say on my last appointment that when i finish it i will notice how much better i will feel!! Less aches, pains, tiredness, of course because herceptin started about 4 weeks after chemo for me its hard to know which has caused the side effects!! I dont really notice too many side effects and am just happy to get it!! My herceptin nurse tells me she used to administer it to several campaigning ladies several years ago when it wasnt available to us all( postcode lottery drug!) and they used to go to Downing street and petition for it to be available to us all- which thankfully it is now😀, so thank goodness for those brave, strong ladies.
Community Champion

Lovewine I am supposed to have an echo before the next Herceptin but the cardiologist always complains saying he can't get an accurate reading because of the implants!!' I have to pay €90 for each one. The medical insurance should really pay but we are still in battle with them over the July surgery!!!😩
Two more left wow I am only just over half way!
Do the steroids have any side effects for you mum?
Community Champion

Rosie, my mum has been on steroids for about 5 years, she was hospitalised with severe pain in stomach for 14 days and had numerous tests- resulting in a diagnosis of ovarian cysts for which she had a hysterectomy and diverticulitis 😬
Community Champion

Rosie, i was thinking the same about how quiet our thread is at the moment!!
Good your kitchen has returned to order now- i hate things to be in a mess🙀
I should have received an appt for my latest echo scan, but haven't yet! Looks like i will have to ring and chase it up as nurses wont do herceptin without it🙀, i only have 2 more left , so dont want a delay!
Community Champion

It's very quiet on the board Lovewine with the exception of us!😲😲

How long has your mum been taking steroids? 

My kitchen has returned to order thank goodness it was really depressing me!!'😕

well done you for fixing the mower it would have been so annoying to leave the lawn half cut!🙀

Community Champion

Good news about your dog Rosie, hopefully all will be well! DH too, hopefully the steroids will help very quickly, my mum has very bad diverticulitis and has a restricted diet( no seeds, nuts or food with skin on!!) and she has a low dose of steroids every day and it keeps things settled.
Hopefully too your kitchen has returned to some kind of order, i know it well with my OH, starts something and gets distracted🙀😬.
Mowed my lawn this afternoon, only for the wheel to come off mid mow😏, managed to fix it- am quite proud of myself!!
Joan, wildpurl, cassie and Lisa, hope all is well.
Community Champion

Dog seems to be using all 4 paws and I can't see any sign of swelling so hopefully we are out of the woods!😏
Doctor has given DH a 5 week course of reducing steroids so hopefully that will sort him out in a few days!
Kitchen still all over the place DH has got a new hose to change, turned the water off and is now doing emails!!'😤😬😠
Community Champion

Oh dear Rosie what a rubbish start to the day! Hopefully DH can get medication and ease the discomfort a little.maybe the dog was bitten or stung?, but then i expect you would see a wound or swelling😬, hoping it settles down before this afternoon.
Yes, i am fully expecting to be very busy when clients return😏✈️👕👗.
Hope the day improves Rosie!!
Community Champion

Good morning Lovewine! The morning went from bad to worse! I took the,dog out whilst DH investigated the leak! Half way round the walk she stood on a fairly big red insect and couldn't put her paw down! At first I thought she was fussing but she kept stopping in the middle of the road and licking it. I couldn't see anything. Another dilemma did I phone DH who,I had left under the sink or carry on. We carried on she walked mainly on 3 legs!😒 Got her home and we bathed her paw can't see anything. She may have to go to the vet this afternoon if she is still unable to put paw down! DH has a doctors appointment at 11.30 today so hopefully she will be able to sort him out a bit!
The leak is still dripping a bit now we have everything from under the sink scattered around the kitchen floor and I had to waltz round the many items to get breakfast!!🙀
How can you get so much under your sink??? Found 3 bottles of washing up liquid!🙀
I suppose your clients will bring all their ironing back home from abroad as they won't want to do it in these temperatures!😓😱
I am going to,school,for,a meeting at 12.30 DH picking me up on the way back from the doctors!
Hope your day isn't too bad!😏
Community Champion

Morning Rosie, what a start to the morning🙀🙀, I would have said leave DH asleep and put a jug to catch the water!! Too late if dog has woken DH anyway! Sounds like a plumber will be on his way🔩🔨🔧😁, hope it's something minor! Are you in school today?
I have a fairly busy day today- a lot of my clients are away until the end of August - decamped to their second homes abroad😊🌞, of course when they return I start being quite hectic again!
Hope the leak is sorted soon Rosie!!
Community Champion

I have an early morning dilemma!!!
DH came to bed at 2am and doesn't need or be in school until 10.00pm. I sneaked out of the bedroom grabbed some short s and a tea shirt and thought I will take the dog a walk. Got downstairs to make a cup of tea and stood on the mat by the sink and it was soaked. Naturally I thought the dog had done it- something she hasn't done since a puppy! So I was cross with her. I was paddling with bare feet though it!😱 I proceeded to clear it up and chuck the mat into a bag and throw it out the front door on the drive! When I opened the cupboard under the sink to throw the tea bag away I realised that it was water coming out from under the sink! I couldn't turn the taps off under there and it's not pouring so I have put a towel down to soak it up a bit! I am not sure whether I should wake DH or wait a bit as it's not gushing????
Dilemma solved dog barked at something outside DH has woken up and is not very happy but is on the case! He couldn't turn the taps off by hand either!😒
I will now go and retrieve the kitchen mat and put it out to dry!!'

Community Champion

😜😜😜😜😜
Community Champion

Rosie, I am stuffing the minstrels now!!🙀🙀
Community Champion

BBQ was definitely easier on the washing up front too Lovewine! Resisted a glass of wine settled for diet coke instead!
Did you accompany the wine with the bag of Minstrels??🍷 🍫
Community Champion

Evening ladies, hope you enjoyed your barbecue Rosie😀🍗🍔!!
Wildpurl, good luck with return to work tomorrow, hope your daughter is doing ok too.
Joan, i assume you are still waiting for your results, hoping they wont be long for either of us!
Cassie, hope you had a nice weekend and haven't returned to a chaotic week!
Lisa, the weeks are flying past, you will be back at work soon🙀, have you named your hens?🐓
Am having a glass of red wine🍷and contemplating a bag of minstrels to accompany it!🙀
Community Champion

Well DH has the BBQ going tonight so not much cooking happening inside apart from baked pots and the veg!
Lovewine is you dog ok now?
Wildpurl hope work isn't too bad!
Joan trust all is well with you.
Cassie hope GS enjoyed his weekend.
Lisa any eggs yet???🐓🐣

Community Champion

I started to pm you a reply and my lift came 15 mins early so I had to close the iPad and go out of the door. When I came back I tried to carry on with it and then send but it wouldn't let me! I will respond later! Just going to get some lunch,hungry, hot and tired!
Community Champion

Thanks Rosie! Sorted now i think!!
Community Champion

Thanks jo, it seems to be the picture icons that are the problem! Sorted thankyou!
Community Champion

Did you put picture icons in it won't work with the pictures!!!
Highlighted

Hi Lovewine,

I have just tried to send Rosie a PM and it worked.  Would you do us a favour please and try again please?  If it still doesn't work would you let us know via the email system to moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk

Many thanks

Jo, Moderator

Community Champion

Rosie, i have received your PM and tried to reply, but it says you do not exist to send the message too!! Will try again!🙀🙀
Community Champion

Morning Lovewine just sent you a pm and it wouldn't send but them remembered you can't send pictures!!!
Sorry you have worries also maybe planning your dad's 80th birthday tea and DIL's birthday will distract you. Are you making a cake for your dad! It's granddaughters 8th birthday whilst she is here on Aug 21st but I won't be making a cake I must try and order one there is a Love Island cake shop between us and Pahos that makes scummy cakes!😜
Hope your day continues to be steady!

Community Champion

Morning ladies, same as you Rosie-awake a lot worrying last night!
The days and weeks are zipping past at an alarming rate now- can't believe it's August and back to school adverts are on T.V!
Hope you sort out your planning and recruiting Rosie! I have a fairly steady day so far today- whether it will stay that way am not sure😁.
It's my dad's 80 th birthday on Saturday and we are doing his afternoon tea party the following weekend as my niece will be back from a wedding in France by then!
It's also my DILs birthday in 10 days time too- she will be 25 😊🌺.
Have a good day everyone.
Community Champion

Good morning ladies! Another night with not much sleep.lying awake from 2 worrying about stuff!😒
A colleague picking me up at 10.30am to,go to school to discuss planning!
Hope Monday treats you all gently!
Community Champion

Good evening all!
Lovewine that's great that you now have items you are happy with! I find things always look good on the hanger and when you put them on you get a nasty shock!🙀
Lunch was very enjoyable much cooler under the trees further up in the hills! Although our friends only live in Polis, which is just over the hills about 30 mins drive we haven't seen them for 4 months. They were good friends of our ex neighbours we met up with in Plymouth too!
It has been a little cooler this afternoon as there was some cloud -a most welcome relief! It is still 32 outside at 9pm though!
Community Champion

Afternoon All, yes i changed my purchases for a nice navy cardigan and a pretty top!
We used to go to the Balloon festival in Northampton when our boys were small, it was very good fun😄.
Rosie, hope you enjoyed your Tuna salad Pitta- sounds very nice!
Joan, i was intending doing some gardening this afternoon, but carried on reading and then couldnt stop! Have nearly finished it now- i found a slight lull halfway through it, but really picked up towards the end!
Community Champion

Joan glad you enjoyed the supper. Somerset was a very good county for hot air ballooning and when DH was 40 I sent him on a champagne hot air ballon ride . I think he was a little,apprehensive but loved it once he was up and away!!! The Egypt flight certainly sounded a bit dodgy!😒

Lovewine, it sounds like a really lovely, if very full day and it must be a great relief to you that your son has settled into his new life so well and is enjoying all the amenities of London. Pity you had the worry about your dog but if he is ok today maybe it was the heat. Hope you managed to change your unwanted purchases. I am really into the book now, and having worked this morning going to reward myself with a few more chapters. It's very intriguing. 

Rosie, still very envious even though it's only 2 nights a week. Supper was very enjoyable though and since it was in Bristol and the balloon festival was on we watched quite a few balloons come over. Made a resolution to go to the fiesta next year, we went a couple of times when the girls were younger but somehow haven't managed it again. Never been up  in one here although did have a trip in Egypt which was supposed to go over the valley of the Kings but didn't, just went over a few fields then came down in a field of young sugar cane, much to the annoyance of the farmer. Bit scary. Yes, the play was in Stratford. 

Ive had no more problems with accessing the site but have now lost my default connection to Google. Very irritating. 

Community Champion

Hope you manage to exchange items and get ones you are happy with Lovewine! Hopefully your dog will be ok!😏
We are meeting some friends that live in Polis at our favourite Sunday shady taverna at Tala! Tuna pitta with salad here I come! 😜
Community Champion

Morning Ladies. Am still feeling deflated after saying goodbye to YS, but as you say Rosie it is a comfort to see him doing well- no one special in his life, he is still getting over last year😟.
I am popping in to Leicester this morning, taking back purchases made in haste and dont do much for me at all🙀🙀, then maybe some reading in the garden later!
My dog seems ok today so far, bit of an upset tummy on his walk, will see what happens.
Enjoy your sunday everyone!
Community Champion

Good morning ladies nearly threw a wobbly thought I wasn't going to be able to get onto the thread. I just needed to sign in! It doesn't always ask!
Lovewine trust all went well with the London trip hopefully you will be able to relax a bit today! Oh I can see below you wrote on the thread last night will read it before I proceed it has only just appeared!'
Glad you had a wonderful day yesterday - it is always bitter sweet seeing your off spring you,really look forward to it and when it is over it is like a bereavement! The only thing that helps is that they are happy and healthy and it sounds like your YS has settled well into the London life!
Sorry to hear about your dog, our dog very occasionally has them but at home. She has an inability to stand up as if drunk! It last for a few seconds and then she is a right as rain. Hope this is the case with your dog!
Hope you other ladies are all ok!
Community Champion

Lovewine hope you have enjoyed the day in London with your YS and feel reassured by his lifestyle!
Joan we suffer the heat from Mon - Thursday but go out Friday and Saturday!
Sunday we usually eat a light late,lunch,out so,don't need to cook in the evening!
Was the production in Stratford?
Pirate trail,sounds fun at the NT property!
I don't blame you taking time out and lounging reading!
Hope you enjoyed supper out!

Community Champion

Evening ladies, back from London and had a lovely day with YS, we went to imperial war museum, walked aroung near The Globe theatre and the river, then lunch on a floating restaurant on the Thames! Hes doing very well, showed us where he works- Guys Hospital, went all around the Campus attatched to it too which was very nice, he seems to be loving London life- visiting many art galleries, museums etc, hes also seeing Much ado about nothing at the Globe next week, feel deflated now we have left him there as i do really miss him😟, he made the right decision though in moving there. Then just as we were back at st pancras waiting for train home ES phoned- he had called in to walk the dogs for us, my male dog on their walk had 3 seizures/fits, this has never happened before, ES was very shaken up and rang my sister to pick him up with the dogs, they were about 4 miles from home😬, wondering if it may have bern heatstroke as my boy dog doesnt cope well in the heat, needless to say came home very worried, but he seems fine now.
Joan, hope you enjoyed your supper, i am finding the book very good, you have had a busy week!
Wildpurl, glad you enjoyed Scotland despite the cold temperatures, nice to have a couple of days to catch up with household chores before returning to work😬
Rosie , hope you sort out your new recruits! It must be stressful for you and DH finding the right teachers😏
Cassie, hope you are having some peace and quiet!

Lovewine, sorry to hear you have more worries about your dad. He seems to be remarkably upbeat about it. Hope you have had a lovely day in London with your son and it has taken your mind off your current anxieties for a while at least. You certainly got a bargain with your jacket. 

Wildpurl, glad you enjoyed your trip to Scotland although it's a shame you had to leave early because of the weather. Still it will certainly make you appreciate our belated summer here, however long it lasts. 

Cassie, hope the nail and exercise appointments went well. You certainly deserve a bit of ' me time' , your work sounds extremely pressurised.

rosie,  Glad you managed to get in the pool, first of many relaxing and cooling dips I hope. I do envy your meals at the local taverna, and having the excuse of it being genuinely too hot to cook. 

Lisa, good to hear from you. It is so frustrating when you think you have posted something only to discover it didn't go. 

Ive had a busy few days since Wednesday with first our theatre trip (amazing production of Ben Jonsons Volpone which was extremely funny as well, of course, as conveying serious messages. Henry goodman who took the lead role was brilliant. Thursday had a lovely day out with grandaughter. My husband needed to see a couple  of people at our local National Trust property so we went there expecting just to do the usual thinGonly to find that they had a pirate trail and a puppet show. Not sure what pirates had to do with this particular property but it was all good fun. And discovered that they have a play for children on next Wednesday, when we also have grandaughter, which is lucky. Friday a more trying day with both of them, with grandaughter in a mood and grandson a bit obstreperous. Exhausted by Friday evening. Managed to do some work this morning, a tiny bit of gardening, then a lot of lying in a lounger reading. I've downloaded the book you recommended to my kindle, Lovewine so looking forward to getting into that. Tomorrow unfortunately will be mainly work so, selfishly, I'm hoping the forecast for poorer weather is correct.  Out now for supper with some friends. 

Hope you are all having good weekends. 

Community Champion

Wildpurl it sounds like you managed to have a good time despite the weather! I know we found it very cold in Newcastle it was between 16-20! We could really do with somewhere in between it has been in the 40's since our return on Monday! 

We  have building work going on at school and hiring new staff due to increase in numbers and some inevitable resignations. We find that teachers join us from the UK and expect to come and live here as if on holiday. When you have a professional job such as teaching it is a very demanding and requires dedication! 

My dad used to be a good cook well into,his 80's too Wildpurl- his liver and onions was delicious!!!! Haven't eaten it since!😕

Glad  you are home to better weather and have managed to,get your washing done. I have managed to do that but not unpack the cases completely due to heat!!!!😓

Morning ladies, we got back from Scotland last night after a very long 9 hour drive owing to heavy traffic. I had a lovely time, thoroughly enjoyed the wedding, went shopping in Glasgow, had several lovely days out, went for some great walks, spent time with OH's family and were well looked after by his Dad, even though he is 85! We just cleared the table and washed up, he did all the cooking and is still a very good cook so we were really spoiled.

The only fly in the ointment was the weather. It was 14C for the first few days and raining all the time. We had to wear thick winter sweaters and put the electric blanket on in our bed. It was really quite depressing, and as a result we decided to come home a day early and have an extra day down South in the warm. The last two days were slowly brightening and the temperature went up to 17C, which was much better.

Overall, we had a lovely time but are very glad to be home. It is really summer here and it is lovely to go back to light summer clothing and to be able to put all the washing outside to dry - 5 loads so far! I'm not back to work till Tuesday so am taking it easy today, just unpacking and sorting things out. I've been to Pilates and might do some light housework this afternoon. OH and his son are off to footy this afternoon so I will have some peaceful time to myself.

your jacket sounds lovely, Lovewine, what a great find! Hope you are not getting too stressed by the school Rosie.

Community Champion

Morning ladies, catching the 7.14 a.m train to London😁, quick cup of coffee before an early dog walk !
Have a good day everyone!
My bargain linen jacket is now sparkling white and looks very good!😊
Community Champion

Good morning ladies it's Saturday!

lovewine have a fantastic day with YS in London!

Cassie hope you have a relaxing weekend. Joan hopefully you will have some time to yourself over the weekend!

Wildpurl not sure how long you are in Scotland for but hope you are having a relaxing time recharging your batteries! 

Lisa hope all is well with you and the girls!🐓🐓🐓🐓

Community Champion

Rosie, yes it is me with the old git chairs!! Yes i had forgotten about those, should have got it and then took a picnic along with old git chairs and sat in a lay by like proper old gits!🙀🙀. I looked for purses but no luck, ebay have loads, but they are quite pricey on there ,may try markets and junk shops!
Yes i agree about more animals wanting to move in- they are very well catered for in my garden!
Enjoy the taverna, am looking forward to seeing YS very much😀.
Hope you are all looking forward to a relaxing weekend, weather supposed to be quite nice too🌞.
Community Champion

Goodness Lovewine you did find a bargain! You didn't look for any purses then?

I think you feed the animals in your zoo too well they will fetch their mates you will have doubled soon!!!🙀🙀

Was it you that had the old git chairs? The picnic basket would go,very well with them! 😉

Have a great day tomorrow with YS! 😊

Community Champion

Forgot to say the jacket was knocked down from £4.00 to £2.00 due to the grubbiness!! What a bargain😊
Community Champion

well pet food bought! Hedgehogs are thriving Rosie, in fact one of them thats been around since last year is the size of a football🙀
I went to a different town today, welli was in heaven, full of good quality charity shops- always know there will be good charity shops if there is a Waitrose in the town, which there was!... I bought a fabulous M&S Per Una white linen jacket- its very grubby but no wear at all, have soaked it in warm , weak bleach to brighten the white and then give a good wash in the machine😄, there were lots of interesting household things too, had my eye on a wicker picnic basket complete with all the plates etc- very Famous Five!! Managed to restrain myself as probarly wouldnt use it😏, all being well i am going back next week to have another rummage!
Community Champion

Cassie sounds like you are planning some quality time for yourself! I expect it will give ED a break with GS going to,his dad's for weekend.
Lovewine hope,the zoo,shopping isn't too,expensive!🙀 how are the hedgehogs? Yes indeed DH and are are eating out tonight- it's purgatory cooking in the house and washing up!!!😓
We are spending evening outside now it is far too hot to,sit in watching tv' thank,goodness iPads work outside!!'😊

Community Champion

Morning ladies, Cassie i am still having problems replying- i have to press reply button, do a back swipe and then press quick reply! Enjoy your nail appointment and exercise assesment😬, it will be nice to have a bit of time for yourself.
Rosie, it must be a busy time for you and DH at the moment, not surprising you are thinking of things in the night😁 are you off to the shady bar tonight!?
I have some work to do and then some food for my zoo to pick up!🙀🐶🐈🐦

Morning Ladies,

Yes, very glad its the end of the week again, so tired but not sleeping well, I am sure you know exactly how I feel Rosie. Lovewine I hope you have a lovely time with your visit to see YS and I am glad he is now not too Preoccupied with his past relationship, its really good that he is keeping busy and getting on with life.

I am not sure whats going on with the website today I did have some trouble with logging in and the font size is variable for some reason ? I will not allow me to change it where I spell checked a word, very odd. I am just going to have a bit of breakfast and then go food shopping for my cat, have my  nails done and then have a 12 appointment with the excercise class for an assessment, so not actual exercise today! I may meet up with ED & GS later today before GS goes off to his dads for the weekend.

Have a good weekend

Community Champion

Good morning ladies! Well,after spending several hours in school yesterday and re- engaging with it I spent 2 hours awake between 2-4am mulling over issues!😁
Got to spend more time this afternoon seeing potential staff!
I bet you are all glad it is Friday especially Lovewine and Cassie this week! Joan too as you complete grandchildren duties!
Lisa is hopefully enjoying her time away from school and Wildpurl enjoying life in Scotland.