cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Joan, just a quick good luck for today before i shoot off to work, will be thinking of you!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan hopefully you managed to purchase a new washing machine my DD was appalled at the price of them not having purchased one for 14.5 years! 🙀Thinking of you today!
Lovewine I can imagine how you feel waiting for results and the doubt because it has been a while,have you tried ringing them?
DH sent a second bowel screening hopefully the results will arrive whilst I am here. Obviously we are both a bit concerned that a trace of blood was found in the first screening!🙀
I had a good day with my sister yesterday! BIL came with her and they met me at the station, which I appreciated as I have to walk to the station in Worcester and back! We had lunch at a Hotel where my aunt used to manage the catering! I don’t think she would have been very impressed with what was served up yesterday! It was worse than Weatherspoons! 😳 It used to be a classy place to eat! It’s nothing more than a sports bar now! BIL took us to see our nan’s grave afterwards. She was 96 when she died she was our mothers’s mother and our mum was 63 when she died! My age now!😳
I have some deliveries arriving today so will can start organising presents! My friend from upstairs called me yesterday and she is coming for coffee and chat this afternoon!
At some point I will have to tackle the very large pile of ironing that we haven’t had time to do!😩 Lovewine I could certainly do with your services!😀 Thank goodness the steam generated iron is here! 😅
Cassie hope you and the family are well?
Wildpurl I expect your garden has been put to bed for the winter now which will give you more time for crafting?
ES is coming over to England for Christmas this year with his wife and YGS! We are all going to DD’s in Newcastle as she has a spare bedroom. DH and I will be taking motorhome and staying on her drive! We parked there for 2 days in the summer and we just fit on! 😊 We hook up the electric in her garage!😂
After Christmas DH’s mother has orgainsied the use of her community room for the family to meet up! DH has 2 sisters and a brother, all with offspring, so there will be a number of us! DD is driving down and YS will drive up ES will still be here before he makes his way back to France for new year! 😀
It’s going to get colder this week ladies wrap up warm!😱

Community Champion

Good morning ladies, firstly Rosie , i am so sorry to read your news about your friend , what a terrible shock after he was appearing to enjoy better health, i agree in making the most of life every day, your poor friend must be devastated. It certainly shakes you, i feel the same about our friends diagnosis with the lung/ kidney cancer.

Joan, good luck with the washing machine shopping, hopefully you will get a good deal with Black friday which seems to now be Black November! We will be thinking of you tomorrow and fingers well and truly crossed for you- thinking logically you wouldnt be now feeling better if it was anything sinister , still doesnt stop the worrying though.

I still havent had my mammogram results, am hoping thats a good sign, still a little voice in my head says what if they are lost in the system somewhere though and show a bad result 😮, i dread the post every day.

Nothing much planned today, mainly because i cant be bothered to go anywhere, walked the dogs this morning for about an hour,  may just read and watch a bit of television, think i have a busy week with work coming up so i will like the rest! 

Cassie, hope things are ok with you, how is the work situation? Expect you are as hectic as usual.

Wildpurl, hope you are ok, do you have projects on the go at the moment with knitting?

Rosie, hope you enjoyed your meet up with your sister, good that you are not at home alone after receiving the awful news of your friend.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
It is with great sadness that I have to report our friend in Cyprus passed away yesterday afternoon! 😢 I can’t believe it we saw him a few weeks ago and he looked good. His hair had grown back and he had put weight on! I can’t even start to imagine how his wife must feel! It all happened quickly within a week!🙀
Ladies we must make the most of life we have had the knock on the door and must enjoy each day! Even those on a force 11 gale!🙀
Joan I had a message from my DD yesterday to say that her washer she had had for 14.5 yrs has come to an end and she has a new one being delivered today!
Hope you find a bargain as you say not worth repairing if it is 10 years old! Enjoy your lunch afterwards!
Joan I am sure all ladies will join together with me in wishing you well tomorrow for your appointment we all understand how anxious you will be feeling!
Lovewine bad luck about the M&S visit, can you find anything online?
I have made good progress working through family Amazon wish lists most of it is arriving tomorrow so I won’t be going far thinking about some of the delivery issues I experienced last year!😬
Must get up now Skyping with DD at 8am and then off to get train/ bus to Hereford!
Ladies enjoy Sunday and the weather looks like a sunny but cooler day!
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Its been a lovely day here, walked this afternoon locally and it was glorious with the autumn colours and the sunshine.

Rosie, sad news about your friend back in Cyprus, hope he can improve over the next few days, what a terrible worry for his wife.

my sore throat has improved and hasn’t turned into a cold virus thankfully, i had most of yesterday off so did some Christmas shopping in the city, i also had a gift voucher for M&S and try as hard as i could there was nothing at all i found for me😮, either looked awful or the items i liked didnt have my size, i can see why they are struggling at the moment.

Rosie, good luck with the shopping this week, it will be a good chance to get on top of things as you wont feel like doing it when you come back just before Christmas!

Hope all ladies are ok and having a nice weekend.

Lovewine, what amazing news about your friend, but what a roller coaster for him and the family. Hopefully as time goes on treatment will improve and he’ll  get more than 20 years. I’m sorry about the situation with your friend in Cyprus  Rosie. I do hope he starts to respond to treatment soon. 

My soup maker arrived yesterday. I dont think I’ll have time to use it this weekend- busy all day today a d tomorrow we have to head up to John Lewis to buy a new washer/dryer. Our old one is making strange noises and not drying properly so since its 10 years old we have decided to spend more money on getting it repaired. Then we’re out to lunch with friends.  

Rosie, have a lovely lunch with your sister tomorrow and good luck with the Xmas shopping.  Lovewine, hope your cold is getting better. 

Send me good vibes for Monday morning ladies, I am oscillating between thinking they’re going to dismiss it all as a fuss about nothing or they’re going to find something serious.  

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!
Lovewine that is excellent news for your friend! What a turn around!
We have received bad news from Cyprus, our friend that lives in Polis who was ill with non Hodgkin lymphoma last year has had pneumonia twice and is back in hospital as his lungs are very bad and they are finding it hard to treat him!🙀He is sedated and incubated! I don’t like the sound of it. His wife must be going out of her mind!
DH and I enjoyed 2 days in Plymouth and seeing YS,his wife and our 2 eldest granddaughters!😊
DH has returned to Cyprus today! I have started to order some Christmas shopping items as I have this next week to order and receive delivery!
I am meeting my sister in Hereford tomorrow for lunch! We have bus links to Malvern at the moment so it makes the journey twice as long! Never mind it will keep me busy. They are switching the lights on in Worcester on Thursday so I will stay in town for that! First time ever!🤣
Lovewine I do hope that your throat hasn’t developed into a cold virus.🙀Most of the passengers on the cruise ship had a cold virus which we both unfortunately got!😬 Good idea to keep your mum and dad at arms length!
Hope all other ladies keeping well.

Community Champion

An early good morning from me - I still seem to be in pre clock changing mode!
Joan you will get a lot of use from your soup maker , I particularly like chicken carrot and ginger done on the chunky setting .
The Remembrance Day service sounded very moving , our village has installed an iron bench on the village green crafted in the shape of a soldier and we also had a beacon lit on the green in the evening .
Rosie , very frustrating having to change your plans for your appointment .
Hope you are enjoying your visit to YS even if it’s brief 😏, what are you doing for Christmas this year ?
I have been putting up with a very sore throat this week , not developed into very much , have told mum and dad not to visit this afternoon as that’s the last thing they need , especially Dad!

Well our friend has had better news regarding the lung cancer - he had another scan the day before his surgery and discovered he has pneumonia too which had been treated with antibiotics and responding well - this strangely has shrunk the tumour , they now think it is kidney cancer from his original one 8 years ago, but it is not aggressive , he has been told it will be treated with chemo and his outcome should be 20 years - which is a massive positive on the 3 to 10 months he was given recently , although he is only 48 .
Have a good day ladies!
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan you won’t be disappointed with your soup maker we use it a lot in the winter! We find that the smooth soup is more to our liking with some crusty bread!🤪
The remembrance service sounded very personal to your YD’s church and something that the brownies and beavers will remember! I used to find it quite frightening when I was a brownie, the men branding their medals and the silent marching! Churches and schools have found more creative ways of helping children understand its significance in their lives!
Lovewine is there any news on your neighbour after his op? I was given an epidural before my knee replacement which I can’t say I was very keen on!🙀 I do hope he makes a swift recovery after such a complex sounding op!
We are off to Plymouth today in the motorhome for 2 nights. YS is going to get it re mapped to hopefully improve its performance! We also get to see him and the family for a short while!😀
We are back Friday night and then DH leaves for Gatwick on Saturday! I can’t believe that my friend that lives near Worcester is going to Cyprus for a week on Saturday so she will be there while I am here how silly is that!🙄
I shall start some Christmas shopping as we don’t get back until Dec 19th!
Have a good day ladies!

Oh Rosie, what a nuisance about the postponement of your appointment. And not a happy return from holiday either for OH. Stressful for you both. The photos are wonderful, though, I was especially taken with the one down the valley to the mountain, but it was a close run thing.  Thank you and Lovewine, for the info about soup makers, I have just bought one through Amazon.  Got the Morphy -Richards one with the saute function. 

Went to a very moving Remembrance Day service on Sunday in YD’s village church, because the GC, one in the Brownies, the other in Beavers, were walking in procession. 60 men from the parish were killed in WW 1 and during the service as each name was read out someone in the congregration, many of them relatives, stood up holding a cross with their name on, later placing them in the grass around the memorial. 

Lovewine, I hope all has gone well with your friends op today. It sounds horrendous, I should think he will definitely need that epidural. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!

I am not amused I have received a letter this am to say my appointment on Friday with the knee surgeon has been cancelled until 26/11/18. I have had to now change my flight, train and overnight stay at Gatwick because of the anti social winter flight times 07.10 from Gatwick! 😳😬😡

DH is returning as planned on Saturday.

I have had my hair done this morning so feel a little more lively still feeling motion sickness badly following cruise!🙀

We are going to see MIL this afternoon.

Hope all is well with you all?

Community Champion

A quick good morning from me , just about to leave for work, love the photos Rosie, the scenery looks stunning, shame about the cruise though, cant have been enjoyable on rough seas like that😬.

Joan, i hope you are ok and trying not to feel too stressed about your appointment.

Have a good day ladies😊

Community Champion

55B410C9-C7FD-4FEF-B2BA-07515A8BBB6A.jpeg

Community Champion

BB101672-DE02-4629-B4C0-5AE836B4CC39.jpeg

Community Champion

5D9C0B60-593F-4F30-AB65-EDEB706C60F0.jpeg

Community Champion

Yes this is the one we have! 👍
Community Champion

A small selection I can’t upload a lot says the files are too big! Sad I can’t upload the husky ones! 😢 I will try tomorrow when I may have more patience!
Community Champion

E93B9394-6493-466A-9540-EF17B5D7997D.jpeg

Community Champion

Hello ladies we are back in Worcester!

Norway was a beautiful country the scenery was spectacular and we had the added bonus of seeing the northern nights! The cruise experience its self was challenging we had a force 11 Gale the second night and had 2 or 3 other nights and days with rough seas!😳One night I didn’t sleep at all and walked the ship all night I just couldn’t sleep or even stay in the cabin which was very near the front of the ship on the starboard side and the winds seem to always hit our side of the ship!😟DH have decided to cancel our next cruise as the balance was due this week and it has really put us off! Several people on the ship have done many cruises before and not experienced a storm like the one we had! The ship was an oldish one and things were going flying in the cabin! Several people had falls and the lifts were out of use so we all had to negotiate several flights of stairs! 😩

Both of these cruises were booked nearly a year ago before the arrival or even notion of the motorhome!

Joan I am glad that your appointment has at last been sorted and that you enjoyed your theatre visit.

Yes we have a soup maker it’s a Morphy Richards one and you will be very pleased with it! 

Lovewine I should take it as a very good sign that you haven’t had a letter yet!

DH came back to a letter saying he had to do his Bowel Cancer screening test again as a trace of blood was detected! So he is stressed!

Lovewine your neighbours op doesn’t sound too great!😳

Cassie and Wildpurl hope all is well with you both.

A6490834-9401-4115-AD27-2BEFFA98C2B5.jpeg30690107-4D6A-4CC8-A1D0-F040DE7F21EE.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

https://www.johnlewis.com/morphy-richards-soup-maker-silver/p3337729

Hope this helps Joan, shop around as prices vary, i bought mine from Argos , Amazon also are a good price!