cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Love the picture Cassie good for you we all need a bit of retail therapy!
Lovewine I think looking after someone else’s dog must be as stressful as looking after someone else’s child! The lady that looks after our dog can have up to 20 and most of them she walks off lead! I would be worrying not only about them running off but snakes and possible poison!🙀 She does live on top of a hill with no nearby neighbours
I agree with you about queues in shops Saturday is a big no no! The best time is just after they have opened on weekday! I am lucky because I have been able to take advantage of this! Hope you are happy with your online purchases! With the exception of DH’s hoodie all mine have been fine. I have ordered a smaller one and it is being sent to DD’s address as I won’t be here to receive it!
Hope the week starts well for you all!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies, Rosie, shame about DHs hoodie, i have been caught out by strange sizing on Amazon too. Hope the appointment goes well with the knee surgeon, at least you have a successful outcome on the other one, so its worth having it done, although may not feel like it at the time😬, hopefully by next years family holiday in Wales you will be much more mobile and pain free.

Cassie, well done on the bargains , very satisfying! I love the picture.  Hope you have a lovely break if you are not on the board before you leave. 

We have enjoyed seeing YS , i am taking him to Rugby station shortly, he has had a relaxing couple of days which i think he needed 😳. We had to walk one of our dog walking groups 2 very large and boisterous dogs yesterday afternoon, she was attending a family celebration, i was very stressed worrying about losing them, there were several of us out for a walk, but it’s worrying when its not your dog! Thankfully there were no dramas and it was a nice walk, i dont think i would like to change my job to a dog walker, i was thinking of branching out, but i think its too much of a worry!

I have also made some online purchases this weekend, hoping they are suitable, must admit i rarely shop in stores anymore, find the whole queuing and traipsing around very tedious these days!

I havent heard yet about my results, will ring if not heard by friday😬

been shopping again!! I could not resist the framed woodland scene decoration, I had to crop the image though so I am not sure you get the full affect, the website said the image was too large, it was only from my phone so I was surprised

New woodland scene dec.jpg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie don’t forget your passport either!😀
Sounds like you found some bargains I do hope they are too your liking when they arrive! 😏 I ordered a motohome printed motif hoodie for DH and when I unpacked it I was horrified, it would have fit a very rounded man. 🙀 Sizes do differ so much sometimes large fits him perfectly and sometimes he needs XL. I ordered it from a seller through Amazon but have had to pay the postage to return it as it isn’t a seller problem!🙄
Cassie I am pleased to hear that EB at least looks and seems well, sometimes chemo is not the way forward. Hopefully his tests will reveal he is stable.
Lovewine hope you are having a lovely weekend with YS. Have you had your results yet? I have my hospital appointment tomorrow with the knee surgeon. Hoping now they will get me on the list so I can have the replacement. I have to say it’s now 9 months since I had the rights one and I am pain free in that leg! 😊Sometimes it feels a bit stiff but overal I am pleased with the result. The left one is driving me crazy even pain killers don’t work now, fortunately they are several seats on the high street in Worcester when I can stop,I feel so unfit as well. I see people much older than me walking normally! It’s very depressing after all I have been through with the cancer!
Unfortunately they have given me a different surgeon to see as they had to make another appointment. The original one was just going through the NH hoops to get the second one done!
Anyway enough of that I am concentrating on Christmas and seeing all my lovely children and Grandchildren!
Is anyone watching I’ m a Celebrity? I have found myself watching it in the absence of anything else! I was heaving last night when Noel and Harry held the critters in their mouths and I couldn’t watch the fish eye activity!🤮I think this is a step too far! 🙀
Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies it looks like another grey day here!😞
DH says they are having storms in Cyprus and the power keeps going off!😬

Morning Ladies,

It's very grey and drab here today and raining its due to carry on all day. Your ironing pile is very neat and tidy Rosie, I must admit when I do iron it is usually a huge amount too but mostly put on hangers otherwise I find they are all creased again by the time the clothes are worn.

Glad the results were clear Joan.

I have not really thought about preparing for the trip yet next weekend will be fine the only things checked have been travel insurance and suncream and mosquito repellent, oh and also re-organised the dates that my fresh flowers are delivered, I signed up with a company about three months ago who deliver flowers every week if you want them, every 2 weeks is plenty for me and sometimes every three weeks, they last very well, they were due this Weds so there is no point for a few days.

I did try to stop myself from buying anything in the black Friday sales but gave in and ordered 2 winter tops and a dress from Debenhams, from the Mantaray range which I like it is very similar to White stuff. The order was £59.10 including delivery so quite a bargain.

EB seems and looks well but has had a whole load of tests recently to see how he is doing and what will be planned next, I do worry for him though because he could not tolerate chemo and it was abandoned after 2 treatments.

Have a good weekend

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine what a shame that you had to cancel your new car maybe things will be a bit more certain for OH’s work after the Brexit deal if ever it is agreed!? 😳
Hopefully your car passed its MOT and the repairs weren’t too costly?🙀
DH’s car in Cyprus had a problem for several weeks it had a part changed twice but still didn’t work. YS, who is a motor technician, found him a similar part for £20 which I am happy to report he took back to Cyprus and his car is now working! 😁
Did you find any bargains yesterday? The tv adverts were driving me mad!
Is anyone watching the Dynasties by David Attenborough on a Sunday night? I saw the one about penguins last Sunday and it was most interesting! I think it’s about lions this Sunday.
Lovewine I was puzzled at your post warning also? Have a great weekend with YS!😀
Hope all other ladies enjoy their weekend also. I have a library book to finish and get back by Tuesday morning!
Community Champion

Rosie i am impressed with the Ironing pile , it is daunting facing a large load🙀. I am stuck at home today as my car is having some repairs and a MOT, i was hankering after a 4 wheel drive to help me get about better living so rurally, we had just about ordered a new Dacia Duster when we had to hold off due to the uncertainty at OHs work🤨.

Talking about booking flights, i booked mine about 6 weeks ago for next june when we return to Menorca, i paid £134.00 for us both, so am very happy with that!

Oxford is good for me again , most dates are fine in the summer too!

YS is coming on his own which is nice for us to see him, as far as i know he is here at Christmas too.

Think i may do some Black Friday browsing since i am stuck at home😊.

Not sure why my previous post had warning emotional content at the top!

Community Champion

Before and after!🙀

Community Champion

ADC544A2-90C9-46F2-A209-D93381652575.jpeg

Community Champion

F1DA983C-4F9B-47A4-9114-588FA269C557.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
There was a great atmosphere at the switch on, the local radio station were there. I went with our friends from upstairs, on the way home we called at the local bistro on our complex for a hot drink!
Yesterday I booked our summer flight for €280 both ways! We fly on July12th and return Aug 28th this includes a family week in Wales and 2 weeks in Ireland with motorhome!😊
I know it’s very early but wondered if we should pencil a date for our annual meet up?
I think Wildpurl has an event the last Saturday in July therefore I would suggest Sat 20th July everyone seems happy with Oxford, it’s easy for us all to get to! I must get on the right train next time! 🤣
Lovewine hope that you found mum and dad well, I expect that they look forward to coming to see you and getting out for a while?
How lovely that YS is coming home for weekend and I guess he will be by himself?
Presumably he will come home for Christmas?
My Amazon deliveries have run much more smoothly this year I still have 2 outstanding that may arrive after I have gone and I will have to get our friends upstairs to take delivery.
I am rather disappointed with the John Lewis advert this year, I thing they peaked with Buster the dog in 2016! I don’t care for the Waitrose one which makes fun of the John Lewis’s one. I have to say I am surprised that this was allowed! The best one is advertising the local shops!
I will be having a stroll into town to purchase some more gift tags and birthday paper for EGS who has his 8th birthday on Christmas Eve!
I managed to complete the ironing yesterday it took 2 hours with a coffee break! 🙀 At least the basket is empty until DH returns! In fairness he usually does the ironing here but we have been so busy on our last 2 visits that there just hasn’t been time. He is super fussy as well and it would have taken him twice as long!
Cassie I expect that you will be preparing for your holiday this weekend?
Joan you can have a relaxing weekend without stressing about results! Are you off to the theatre?
Wildpurl hope all is well with you?
Have a good weekend ladies!

Community Champion

Spoiler

Joan, i am so pleased the scan was clear , what a relief. Regarding soup maker as Rosie said you can put anything in really , i bought frozen chopped chilli, garlic and ginger available in Tesco or most supermarkets which also jazz things up, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls river cottage website has some excellent soups too.

Rosie, enjoy the switch on in Worcester, it is very cold here and i was very cold on my walk even with hat, scarf and gloves on. 

Mum and Dad are up this afternoon for coffee, also YS has announced an impromptu visit this weekend which will be lovely, he can help babysit my dog walking friends 2 very large dogs on saturday😊😳!

Community Champion

Joan I am so pleased to hear that you were given your result immediately and all is clear, excellent news! 😁Hopefully the GP will be satisfied with your results,
Regarding the soup maker you can put almost anything in it left over veg wise we haven’t had a bad one yet. DH like to add garlic to give it more of a flavour!
Another cold day here! Today they are switching the Christmas lights on in Worcester and this year it will be in Cathedral square which is very close to our apartment! The couple upstairs are going to call for me and we may go for a drink afterwards!😊 I have never been to a Christmas light switch on before! 🤣
DH hasn’t got a very good day today- as I type he is at the dentist having the preparation for a crown!🙀 Then at noon it is our friend’s funeral!😢
Lovewine hope you have your warm boots and coat out for dog walking!
Cassie you must be looking forward to an escape to the sun?

Not the pleasantest experience but not painful and amazingly the person who did it was able to tell me immediately that it was all clear. So one hurdle over. Will have to wait to see whether the GP wants to refer me for further tests but a great relief today. 

I agree washing the soup maker is a bit of a fag, especially as I dont trust husband not to immerse it. But otherwise a great success on the basic recipes Ive tried so far. Any suggestions for more exciting ones?

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Firstly Joan I am glad that you don’t have too long to wait for your scan and hope that it won’t be too uncomfortable! Let’s just hope it gives a clear result! Thinking of you today!
Joan and Lovewine I think the worst thing about the soup maker is washing it!😟
Lovewine 5 weeks is a long time to wait but as you were told about 5 weeks you should see that as a good sign! If there was anything untoward you would have been called earlier!
Our friend’s funeral is on Thursday so I will be unable to go! 😢 DH will go. I still can’t belive he has gone!😟
As it is getting a bit lighter I have just seen the frost on the roof tops!😱 We don’t get frost in Cyprus!
Hope you aren’t too cold on the dog walk Lovewine!
Must tackle the ironing today!

Community Champion

Joan, i have just read your post regarding your scan tomorrow, hope it goes ok , at least you havent had to wait - just wanted to say i had a similar scan about 10 years ago and it was undignified but not uncomfortable or painful, over quickly too! Will be thinking of you.

From the ridiculous to the sublime- well sort of- got a phone call today from the hospital and am booked for a scan tomorrow. I wonder if its fortuitous or whether my mild rant at the surgeon made a difference. Rather dreading it because its an internal one but the person I spoke to said it isnt as bad as a smear test. We shall see. 

Lovewine, I hadnt realised you’d been given up to 5 weeks to wait for your results. Lets hope they come this week. 

Cassie, your ex’s behaviour does seem very thoughtless but from what you have said not out of character. Even so it must be very unsetting for ED to be let down and maddening for you. What a lovely idea to be having a sunshine break before Xmas. It’s perishing cold here today- I have resorted to wearing my ancient UGG boots in the house. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies, Joan, i hope you dont have to wait too long for a scan and then you can have some peace of mind, positive comments from the Doctor though.

Good you found a bit of a price reduction with your washing machine though. I have been using my soup maker quite a lot too, i use the ready prepared veg packs too, the leek and potato one is very nice.

Rosie, well done on your Christmas shopping, i have made inroads but still have a lot to do, i am burying my head in tbe sand over results😬, hoping because I haven’t heard thats a good sign, The radiographer did say the waiting time was 5 weeks, its that length of time on thursday 🤨, if i havent heard this week then i will ring !

Cassie, so sorry you and ED have such a stressful time at the moment, i am not surprised you are furious with your ex, a few days in the sun will be very beneficial to you, just what you need. Your GS must really enjoy the days he spends with you, glad you had a nice time yesterday with him.

Its a very cold day here , wind is very strong and freezing, have a good day everyone.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan I am sorry that now you have to wait for results of a scan but I think you are right in being encouraged that the surgeon couldn’t find anything untoward!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the soup maker and that you have managed a pre Black Friday deal with your washer dryer!
Lovewine I am with Joan I think you should ring! You had your mammogram before we went on our cruise so it’s well over 3 weeks!
Cassie I am so sorry to hear the problems over ED’ s grandmother’s funeral and that her father didn’t support her at the funeral!
I expect that GS enjoyed enjoyed your company for the day! I don’t blame you and YD escaping to Cape Verde and not too long to wait! 😎☀️🍹
Several of my Amazon deliveries arrived yesterday a couple of items to arrive tomorrow and then the wrapping will start! I think that will take precedence over the ironing!🤣
So two busy days for me! Going to town today to collect a jumper I ordered from Debenhams with a gift voucher I had from YS and family for my birthday!
Keep warm ladies!

Good evening ladies,

I have been with GS today I took the day off to sit with him, we went out to lunch also, he had an inset day at school ED's grandma passed away last Thursday so she has travelled up to Lincolnshire for the funeral  staying with her auntie, I hate to say it but my useless ex has just said he is not going to the funeral at the last minute, I am so appalled and angry I cannot even speak to him.

I was asked by ED to phone him last week, when he did not reply to his sister after several hours when he was informed of his mothers death, I politely but firmly asked him to do the right thing and support his only sister and be there for her (do the right thing) he said he would.

Today I have apologised to ED that he is her father, she has been through so much this year and he was made aware of it,but again choose to do nothing except go on about his problems, it is so wearing the things he harps on about cannot be changed, happened 30 or 40 years ago and really need to be put in the past and not used as an excuse to let people down now.

Sorry to hear the sad new about your friend Rosie, yes life is precious and we all need to make the most of the time and opportunities we have. Joan & lovewine you both appear to be waiting for results, Joan you are probably right the admin in hospitals seems to be a bit hit and miss the last letter I received had nothing in it no signature just the headed paper, I tried ringing to see if it might be a follow up appointment or a copy of my last consultation with the consultant, I was asked if I would like another copy sent out, I said I would but nothing has ever materialised!

I have booked a short break for the beginning of Dec with YD she suddenly said she feels she needs some sunshine and I agree we probably both do, we are going to Cape Verde the nearest you can get and more or less guarantee sunshine.

The weather has certainly turned much colder today, keep warm

So sorry to hear the sad news about your friend, Rosie, what a terrible shock for his family. As Lovewine says, fortunate that you werent on your own all day. Glad you had a good day with your sister and BIL, even if the lunch was disappointing. You seem to have done well with your Xmas shopping and what a sociable Xmas you are going to have. Your campervan is going to such a boon.

Lovewine, I think I would be inclined to ring up about your results rather than continuing to put yourself through this worry. The most likely explanation though is that the admin just hasnt had time to send out the all clear letters. 

Im not much further on after the hospital visit because I have to have a scan. To be honest I thought that's what would happen today. On a positive note, though, the consultant couldn’t feel anything untoward when he examined me and said no red flags were going up. I was a bit frustrated because the (electronic) referral letter from myGP  apparently arrived in two bits and the bit explaining why he’d referred me was unreadable, something which I assume he had just discovered before my appt. So I had to explain. I was also rather cross that when the nurse called me in from the waiting area I assumed she would be doing the usual preliminary stuff so I went in without OH. But she just took me the consulting room and said the doctor would be in soon. So I was sat on my own for 15 minutes, possibly because he had just discovered the problem with the referral information! 

On a lighter note I have just made my second batch of soup. All remarkably easy. To make things even easier for myself I bought ready prepared veg from Tesco. The butternut squash, sweet potato and chilli soup was delicious. The mixed veg I had to perk up a bit with ginger and tabasco. Think I may have overdone the second. Bought the new washerdryer. At Black Friday price even though that didnt officially start till today. Still made a bit of a hole in the bank balance though. 

Community Champion

Joan, just a quick good luck for today before i shoot off to work, will be thinking of you!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan hopefully you managed to purchase a new washing machine my DD was appalled at the price of them not having purchased one for 14.5 years! 🙀Thinking of you today!
Lovewine I can imagine how you feel waiting for results and the doubt because it has been a while,have you tried ringing them?
DH sent a second bowel screening hopefully the results will arrive whilst I am here. Obviously we are both a bit concerned that a trace of blood was found in the first screening!🙀
I had a good day with my sister yesterday! BIL came with her and they met me at the station, which I appreciated as I have to walk to the station in Worcester and back! We had lunch at a Hotel where my aunt used to manage the catering! I don’t think she would have been very impressed with what was served up yesterday! It was worse than Weatherspoons! 😳 It used to be a classy place to eat! It’s nothing more than a sports bar now! BIL took us to see our nan’s grave afterwards. She was 96 when she died she was our mothers’s mother and our mum was 63 when she died! My age now!😳
I have some deliveries arriving today so will can start organising presents! My friend from upstairs called me yesterday and she is coming for coffee and chat this afternoon!
At some point I will have to tackle the very large pile of ironing that we haven’t had time to do!😩 Lovewine I could certainly do with your services!😀 Thank goodness the steam generated iron is here! 😅
Cassie hope you and the family are well?
Wildpurl I expect your garden has been put to bed for the winter now which will give you more time for crafting?
ES is coming over to England for Christmas this year with his wife and YGS! We are all going to DD’s in Newcastle as she has a spare bedroom. DH and I will be taking motorhome and staying on her drive! We parked there for 2 days in the summer and we just fit on! 😊 We hook up the electric in her garage!😂
After Christmas DH’s mother has orgainsied the use of her community room for the family to meet up! DH has 2 sisters and a brother, all with offspring, so there will be a number of us! DD is driving down and YS will drive up ES will still be here before he makes his way back to France for new year! 😀
It’s going to get colder this week ladies wrap up warm!😱

Community Champion

Good morning ladies, firstly Rosie , i am so sorry to read your news about your friend , what a terrible shock after he was appearing to enjoy better health, i agree in making the most of life every day, your poor friend must be devastated. It certainly shakes you, i feel the same about our friends diagnosis with the lung/ kidney cancer.

Joan, good luck with the washing machine shopping, hopefully you will get a good deal with Black friday which seems to now be Black November! We will be thinking of you tomorrow and fingers well and truly crossed for you- thinking logically you wouldnt be now feeling better if it was anything sinister , still doesnt stop the worrying though.

I still havent had my mammogram results, am hoping thats a good sign, still a little voice in my head says what if they are lost in the system somewhere though and show a bad result 😮, i dread the post every day.

Nothing much planned today, mainly because i cant be bothered to go anywhere, walked the dogs this morning for about an hour,  may just read and watch a bit of television, think i have a busy week with work coming up so i will like the rest! 

Cassie, hope things are ok with you, how is the work situation? Expect you are as hectic as usual.

Wildpurl, hope you are ok, do you have projects on the go at the moment with knitting?

Rosie, hope you enjoyed your meet up with your sister, good that you are not at home alone after receiving the awful news of your friend.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
It is with great sadness that I have to report our friend in Cyprus passed away yesterday afternoon! 😢 I can’t believe it we saw him a few weeks ago and he looked good. His hair had grown back and he had put weight on! I can’t even start to imagine how his wife must feel! It all happened quickly within a week!🙀
Ladies we must make the most of life we have had the knock on the door and must enjoy each day! Even those on a force 11 gale!🙀
Joan I had a message from my DD yesterday to say that her washer she had had for 14.5 yrs has come to an end and she has a new one being delivered today!
Hope you find a bargain as you say not worth repairing if it is 10 years old! Enjoy your lunch afterwards!
Joan I am sure all ladies will join together with me in wishing you well tomorrow for your appointment we all understand how anxious you will be feeling!
Lovewine bad luck about the M&S visit, can you find anything online?
I have made good progress working through family Amazon wish lists most of it is arriving tomorrow so I won’t be going far thinking about some of the delivery issues I experienced last year!😬
Must get up now Skyping with DD at 8am and then off to get train/ bus to Hereford!
Ladies enjoy Sunday and the weather looks like a sunny but cooler day!
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Its been a lovely day here, walked this afternoon locally and it was glorious with the autumn colours and the sunshine.

Rosie, sad news about your friend back in Cyprus, hope he can improve over the next few days, what a terrible worry for his wife.

my sore throat has improved and hasn’t turned into a cold virus thankfully, i had most of yesterday off so did some Christmas shopping in the city, i also had a gift voucher for M&S and try as hard as i could there was nothing at all i found for me😮, either looked awful or the items i liked didnt have my size, i can see why they are struggling at the moment.

Rosie, good luck with the shopping this week, it will be a good chance to get on top of things as you wont feel like doing it when you come back just before Christmas!

Hope all ladies are ok and having a nice weekend.

Lovewine, what amazing news about your friend, but what a roller coaster for him and the family. Hopefully as time goes on treatment will improve and he’ll  get more than 20 years. I’m sorry about the situation with your friend in Cyprus  Rosie. I do hope he starts to respond to treatment soon. 

My soup maker arrived yesterday. I dont think I’ll have time to use it this weekend- busy all day today a d tomorrow we have to head up to John Lewis to buy a new washer/dryer. Our old one is making strange noises and not drying properly so since its 10 years old we have decided to spend more money on getting it repaired. Then we’re out to lunch with friends.  

Rosie, have a lovely lunch with your sister tomorrow and good luck with the Xmas shopping.  Lovewine, hope your cold is getting better. 

Send me good vibes for Monday morning ladies, I am oscillating between thinking they’re going to dismiss it all as a fuss about nothing or they’re going to find something serious.  

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!
Lovewine that is excellent news for your friend! What a turn around!
We have received bad news from Cyprus, our friend that lives in Polis who was ill with non Hodgkin lymphoma last year has had pneumonia twice and is back in hospital as his lungs are very bad and they are finding it hard to treat him!🙀He is sedated and incubated! I don’t like the sound of it. His wife must be going out of her mind!
DH and I enjoyed 2 days in Plymouth and seeing YS,his wife and our 2 eldest granddaughters!😊
DH has returned to Cyprus today! I have started to order some Christmas shopping items as I have this next week to order and receive delivery!
I am meeting my sister in Hereford tomorrow for lunch! We have bus links to Malvern at the moment so it makes the journey twice as long! Never mind it will keep me busy. They are switching the lights on in Worcester on Thursday so I will stay in town for that! First time ever!🤣
Lovewine I do hope that your throat hasn’t developed into a cold virus.🙀Most of the passengers on the cruise ship had a cold virus which we both unfortunately got!😬 Good idea to keep your mum and dad at arms length!
Hope all other ladies keeping well.

Community Champion

An early good morning from me - I still seem to be in pre clock changing mode!
Joan you will get a lot of use from your soup maker , I particularly like chicken carrot and ginger done on the chunky setting .
The Remembrance Day service sounded very moving , our village has installed an iron bench on the village green crafted in the shape of a soldier and we also had a beacon lit on the green in the evening .
Rosie , very frustrating having to change your plans for your appointment .
Hope you are enjoying your visit to YS even if it’s brief 😏, what are you doing for Christmas this year ?
I have been putting up with a very sore throat this week , not developed into very much , have told mum and dad not to visit this afternoon as that’s the last thing they need , especially Dad!

Well our friend has had better news regarding the lung cancer - he had another scan the day before his surgery and discovered he has pneumonia too which had been treated with antibiotics and responding well - this strangely has shrunk the tumour , they now think it is kidney cancer from his original one 8 years ago, but it is not aggressive , he has been told it will be treated with chemo and his outcome should be 20 years - which is a massive positive on the 3 to 10 months he was given recently , although he is only 48 .
Have a good day ladies!
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan you won’t be disappointed with your soup maker we use it a lot in the winter! We find that the smooth soup is more to our liking with some crusty bread!🤪
The remembrance service sounded very personal to your YD’s church and something that the brownies and beavers will remember! I used to find it quite frightening when I was a brownie, the men branding their medals and the silent marching! Churches and schools have found more creative ways of helping children understand its significance in their lives!
Lovewine is there any news on your neighbour after his op? I was given an epidural before my knee replacement which I can’t say I was very keen on!🙀 I do hope he makes a swift recovery after such a complex sounding op!
We are off to Plymouth today in the motorhome for 2 nights. YS is going to get it re mapped to hopefully improve its performance! We also get to see him and the family for a short while!😀
We are back Friday night and then DH leaves for Gatwick on Saturday! I can’t believe that my friend that lives near Worcester is going to Cyprus for a week on Saturday so she will be there while I am here how silly is that!🙄
I shall start some Christmas shopping as we don’t get back until Dec 19th!
Have a good day ladies!

Oh Rosie, what a nuisance about the postponement of your appointment. And not a happy return from holiday either for OH. Stressful for you both. The photos are wonderful, though, I was especially taken with the one down the valley to the mountain, but it was a close run thing.  Thank you and Lovewine, for the info about soup makers, I have just bought one through Amazon.  Got the Morphy -Richards one with the saute function. 

Went to a very moving Remembrance Day service on Sunday in YD’s village church, because the GC, one in the Brownies, the other in Beavers, were walking in procession. 60 men from the parish were killed in WW 1 and during the service as each name was read out someone in the congregration, many of them relatives, stood up holding a cross with their name on, later placing them in the grass around the memorial. 

Lovewine, I hope all has gone well with your friends op today. It sounds horrendous, I should think he will definitely need that epidural. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!

I am not amused I have received a letter this am to say my appointment on Friday with the knee surgeon has been cancelled until 26/11/18. I have had to now change my flight, train and overnight stay at Gatwick because of the anti social winter flight times 07.10 from Gatwick! 😳😬😡

DH is returning as planned on Saturday.

I have had my hair done this morning so feel a little more lively still feeling motion sickness badly following cruise!🙀

We are going to see MIL this afternoon.

Hope all is well with you all?

Community Champion

A quick good morning from me , just about to leave for work, love the photos Rosie, the scenery looks stunning, shame about the cruise though, cant have been enjoyable on rough seas like that😬.

Joan, i hope you are ok and trying not to feel too stressed about your appointment.

Have a good day ladies😊

Community Champion

55B410C9-C7FD-4FEF-B2BA-07515A8BBB6A.jpeg

Community Champion

BB101672-DE02-4629-B4C0-5AE836B4CC39.jpeg

Community Champion

5D9C0B60-593F-4F30-AB65-EDEB706C60F0.jpeg

Community Champion

Yes this is the one we have! 👍
Community Champion

A small selection I can’t upload a lot says the files are too big! Sad I can’t upload the husky ones! 😢 I will try tomorrow when I may have more patience!
Community Champion

E93B9394-6493-466A-9540-EF17B5D7997D.jpeg

Community Champion

Hello ladies we are back in Worcester!

Norway was a beautiful country the scenery was spectacular and we had the added bonus of seeing the northern nights! The cruise experience its self was challenging we had a force 11 Gale the second night and had 2 or 3 other nights and days with rough seas!😳One night I didn’t sleep at all and walked the ship all night I just couldn’t sleep or even stay in the cabin which was very near the front of the ship on the starboard side and the winds seem to always hit our side of the ship!😟DH have decided to cancel our next cruise as the balance was due this week and it has really put us off! Several people on the ship have done many cruises before and not experienced a storm like the one we had! The ship was an oldish one and things were going flying in the cabin! Several people had falls and the lifts were out of use so we all had to negotiate several flights of stairs! 😩

Both of these cruises were booked nearly a year ago before the arrival or even notion of the motorhome!

Joan I am glad that your appointment has at last been sorted and that you enjoyed your theatre visit.

Yes we have a soup maker it’s a Morphy Richards one and you will be very pleased with it! 

Lovewine I should take it as a very good sign that you haven’t had a letter yet!

DH came back to a letter saying he had to do his Bowel Cancer screening test again as a trace of blood was detected! So he is stressed!

Lovewine your neighbours op doesn’t sound too great!😳

Cassie and Wildpurl hope all is well with you both.

A6490834-9401-4115-AD27-2BEFFA98C2B5.jpeg30690107-4D6A-4CC8-A1D0-F040DE7F21EE.jpeg

Community Champion

https://www.johnlewis.com/morphy-richards-soup-maker-silver/p3337729

Hope this helps Joan, shop around as prices vary, i bought mine from Argos , Amazon also are a good price!

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan glad your appointment has come through, i still think you should have had it quicker after the mix up though. I still havent had my results letter yet, am rather hoping that’s a good sign and No News is Good news, still stressful waiting for the post every day though.

Joan, i think Rosie has a soup maker, i have one which i bought last winter, i think it was an excellent purchase and i use it at least once a week, i made chicken, carrot and ginger chunky soup last night. Mine is a  Morphy Richards model, it has a chunky and smooth setting and is very easy to use and clean, will try and post the link to it.

Rosie, hope you enjoy the last day of your trip.

Our friend goes into hospital on monday for his lung removal surgery on tuesday, went to see him last night and he is fairly upbeat, his wife is strong too, he will be in hospital for at least a week and will be given an epidural after the surgery to help with the pain, apparently the ribs have to be broken and the incision will be from his back all the way to his chest, he will definitely be having chemo afterwards too.

Have a good weekend ladies.

The appointment came through yesterday. No special treatment because of the mix-up, it’s a week on Monday which is just within the two weeks from my second referral, and 5 weeks on from the first. But at least I have it and don’t now have to wait anxiously for the post each day. Had a great day in Stratford yesterday, which helped to take my mind off things and tomorrow have the distraction of a day school on womens suffrage.  Husband also has his appointment for his hernia op, in a months time. We are certainly helping to keep the NHS busy. 

Ladies, I seem to remember at least one of you has a soup making machine. I’m thinking of buying one. Any advice?

Community Champion

Morning ladies, Joan how annoying about the appointment, cant believe you have to be referred again and wait 🤨, its so stressful, how are you feeling now?
I did smile at the back pack , i am sure the dog would have gone in it instead of the baby!
Rosie, bet the huskies were lovely, they have such beautiful eyes too, hope you enjoy the last part of the cruise, its certainly gone by quickly.
Cassie, glad you are ok apart from the work issues, it does creep up on us , i seem to be working very hard at the moment, but with the instability at OHs work it is perhaps just as well.
Have a good day everyone !
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
I can briefly touch base just come into port after 2 days at sea!😳Rather rough but not as bad as last episode! We have 2 more short journeys and ports of call before making way down North Sea back to Tilbury on Sunday!
Joan I am so sorry about your appointment issue I think they should have given you a priority one! I can understand your frustration!
The huskies were lovey and I got covered in muddy paws! Pics when I can!😃
Take care ladies!

Aargh! Rang the health centre yesterday to find out why I havent had the hospital appt. Very nice and helpful staff, but unfortunately the news was not good. Apparently the health centre’s electronic referral system went down the day my referral should have gone through so it was faxed. The HC then rang the hospital and were told the fax had been received. However it then dusappeared into the ether and the hospital are niw saying it was never received. So it has to go through as a new referral, which means it could be another 2 weeks before I’m seen. Maddening. 

Cassie, I’m relieved the reason we havent heard from you for a while is down to being busy and nothing else, although I’m sorry you are under such pressure. Glad you are getting some pleasure time though, you deserve it. Three times last weekend sounds rather good. I can understand your brother feeling he cant face any more treatment. Rather than giving up completely, has he considered just having a break from it? How is GS getting on at school? 

Lovewine, it’s good that the cause of your dad’s gastric bleed has bedn identified and that his warfarin is being monitored. Was it the dog or the child in the baby back pack?

Rosie, look forward to seeing OHs photos of the northern lights, you have been lucky seeing such a spectacular show, as well as reindeer and shooting stars. But I won’t be surprised if the best bit for you is sering the huskies- provided they are being well cared for, of course. But remember, you cant take one home!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies it is lovely to read all your news. You have all been very busy and it sounds like you are all doing too much!😮
The sea has been much calmer since the storm we are on our return route now so hoping we don’t find another!!!😳
We witnessed an amazing show of the northern lights the night before last. We were taken to a place an hour away from where the ship was docked where it was very dark. There was a covering of snow and the lights danced it was very atmospheric! They provided hot chocolate and than goodness there was a toilet! We were told it was the best experience of the season! We saw reindeer on the way up and also saw several shooting stars!
DH has proper photographic equipment which is needed to capture the colours it can’t be taken with a phone. So I will have to wait until we are home for him to email them to me!
Lovewine I am glad to hear that the reason for your dad’s bleed had been identified.
Will catch up with you all next week! We are visiting a husky farm today and then will be at sea for 2 days! We have a final port call Friday and then are st sea until we reach Tilbury on Sunday morning!

Good Evening Ladies,

Thanks for your concern, yes all is well with me just been incredibly busy at home and work, I am beginning to feel that I am not too sure how much longer I can sustain the workload, we have a very large project on at work which means I get even less help from anyone and it is very pressurised. I have been out and about probably a little too much eating and drinking, three times this weekend which is too much.

EB has not has anymore treatment he just could not cope with it so fingers crossed that the surgery remeved everything.

Rosie the trip sounds amazing but I don't think I could cope with the swell and small cabin, I got sick years back doing a channel crossing from Folkstone! I am OK on open topped sailing ships but nothing enclosed.

I would love to see the aurora  borealias.

I hope all ladies are well and that all news is good regarding results x

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, lovely to hear from you Wildpurl, like Joan i felt worn out reading your busy few weeks. Not surprised you were poorly, especially after such an incredibly emotional day scattering DDs ashes. I hope as the weekend progressed you managed to get on top of the domestic upheaval and normality restored with your kitchen.
Joan, I understand the waiting for the post every morning! I have been in a state of high alert now for 2 weeks waiting for my results.
Dads appointment went well on friday thankyou, it appears the gastric bleed was caused by a bout of diverticulitis and a tear within the bowel, all was made much worse by dad being on warfarin for his heart which makes bleeding much worse, he is to resume the warfarin but has to have regular checks for any more bleeds.
I have had an active weekend walking, yesterday our dog walking club met in the afternoon for quite a long walk, then this morning i met up with my vet friend with her litte one year old boy and kipps sister, he was in a baby carry back pack and had a lovely time, hes a very happy, placid little chap.
Rosie, hope things are a little calmer now on the seas! I am looking forward to seeing photos too of the northern lights,
Cassie, hope things are ok with you?