cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good morning ladies!
Joan you won’t be disappointed with your soup maker we use it a lot in the winter! We find that the smooth soup is more to our liking with some crusty bread!🤪
The remembrance service sounded very personal to your YD’s church and something that the brownies and beavers will remember! I used to find it quite frightening when I was a brownie, the men branding their medals and the silent marching! Churches and schools have found more creative ways of helping children understand its significance in their lives!
Lovewine is there any news on your neighbour after his op? I was given an epidural before my knee replacement which I can’t say I was very keen on!🙀 I do hope he makes a swift recovery after such a complex sounding op!
We are off to Plymouth today in the motorhome for 2 nights. YS is going to get it re mapped to hopefully improve its performance! We also get to see him and the family for a short while!😀
We are back Friday night and then DH leaves for Gatwick on Saturday! I can’t believe that my friend that lives near Worcester is going to Cyprus for a week on Saturday so she will be there while I am here how silly is that!🙄
I shall start some Christmas shopping as we don’t get back until Dec 19th!
Have a good day ladies!

Oh Rosie, what a nuisance about the postponement of your appointment. And not a happy return from holiday either for OH. Stressful for you both. The photos are wonderful, though, I was especially taken with the one down the valley to the mountain, but it was a close run thing.  Thank you and Lovewine, for the info about soup makers, I have just bought one through Amazon.  Got the Morphy -Richards one with the saute function. 

Went to a very moving Remembrance Day service on Sunday in YD’s village church, because the GC, one in the Brownies, the other in Beavers, were walking in procession. 60 men from the parish were killed in WW 1 and during the service as each name was read out someone in the congregration, many of them relatives, stood up holding a cross with their name on, later placing them in the grass around the memorial. 

Lovewine, I hope all has gone well with your friends op today. It sounds horrendous, I should think he will definitely need that epidural. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!

I am not amused I have received a letter this am to say my appointment on Friday with the knee surgeon has been cancelled until 26/11/18. I have had to now change my flight, train and overnight stay at Gatwick because of the anti social winter flight times 07.10 from Gatwick! 😳😬😡

DH is returning as planned on Saturday.

I have had my hair done this morning so feel a little more lively still feeling motion sickness badly following cruise!🙀

We are going to see MIL this afternoon.

Hope all is well with you all?

Community Champion

A quick good morning from me , just about to leave for work, love the photos Rosie, the scenery looks stunning, shame about the cruise though, cant have been enjoyable on rough seas like that😬.

Joan, i hope you are ok and trying not to feel too stressed about your appointment.

Have a good day ladies😊

Community Champion

55B410C9-C7FD-4FEF-B2BA-07515A8BBB6A.jpeg

Community Champion

BB101672-DE02-4629-B4C0-5AE836B4CC39.jpeg

Community Champion

5D9C0B60-593F-4F30-AB65-EDEB706C60F0.jpeg

Community Champion

Yes this is the one we have! 👍
Community Champion

A small selection I can’t upload a lot says the files are too big! Sad I can’t upload the husky ones! 😢 I will try tomorrow when I may have more patience!
Community Champion

E93B9394-6493-466A-9540-EF17B5D7997D.jpeg

Community Champion

Hello ladies we are back in Worcester!

Norway was a beautiful country the scenery was spectacular and we had the added bonus of seeing the northern nights! The cruise experience its self was challenging we had a force 11 Gale the second night and had 2 or 3 other nights and days with rough seas!😳One night I didn’t sleep at all and walked the ship all night I just couldn’t sleep or even stay in the cabin which was very near the front of the ship on the starboard side and the winds seem to always hit our side of the ship!😟DH have decided to cancel our next cruise as the balance was due this week and it has really put us off! Several people on the ship have done many cruises before and not experienced a storm like the one we had! The ship was an oldish one and things were going flying in the cabin! Several people had falls and the lifts were out of use so we all had to negotiate several flights of stairs! 😩

Both of these cruises were booked nearly a year ago before the arrival or even notion of the motorhome!

Joan I am glad that your appointment has at last been sorted and that you enjoyed your theatre visit.

Yes we have a soup maker it’s a Morphy Richards one and you will be very pleased with it! 

Lovewine I should take it as a very good sign that you haven’t had a letter yet!

DH came back to a letter saying he had to do his Bowel Cancer screening test again as a trace of blood was detected! So he is stressed!

Lovewine your neighbours op doesn’t sound too great!😳

Cassie and Wildpurl hope all is well with you both.

A6490834-9401-4115-AD27-2BEFFA98C2B5.jpeg30690107-4D6A-4CC8-A1D0-F040DE7F21EE.jpeg

Community Champion

https://www.johnlewis.com/morphy-richards-soup-maker-silver/p3337729

Hope this helps Joan, shop around as prices vary, i bought mine from Argos , Amazon also are a good price!

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan glad your appointment has come through, i still think you should have had it quicker after the mix up though. I still havent had my results letter yet, am rather hoping that’s a good sign and No News is Good news, still stressful waiting for the post every day though.

Joan, i think Rosie has a soup maker, i have one which i bought last winter, i think it was an excellent purchase and i use it at least once a week, i made chicken, carrot and ginger chunky soup last night. Mine is a  Morphy Richards model, it has a chunky and smooth setting and is very easy to use and clean, will try and post the link to it.

Rosie, hope you enjoy the last day of your trip.

Our friend goes into hospital on monday for his lung removal surgery on tuesday, went to see him last night and he is fairly upbeat, his wife is strong too, he will be in hospital for at least a week and will be given an epidural after the surgery to help with the pain, apparently the ribs have to be broken and the incision will be from his back all the way to his chest, he will definitely be having chemo afterwards too.

Have a good weekend ladies.

The appointment came through yesterday. No special treatment because of the mix-up, it’s a week on Monday which is just within the two weeks from my second referral, and 5 weeks on from the first. But at least I have it and don’t now have to wait anxiously for the post each day. Had a great day in Stratford yesterday, which helped to take my mind off things and tomorrow have the distraction of a day school on womens suffrage.  Husband also has his appointment for his hernia op, in a months time. We are certainly helping to keep the NHS busy. 

Ladies, I seem to remember at least one of you has a soup making machine. I’m thinking of buying one. Any advice?

Community Champion

Morning ladies, Joan how annoying about the appointment, cant believe you have to be referred again and wait 🤨, its so stressful, how are you feeling now?
I did smile at the back pack , i am sure the dog would have gone in it instead of the baby!
Rosie, bet the huskies were lovely, they have such beautiful eyes too, hope you enjoy the last part of the cruise, its certainly gone by quickly.
Cassie, glad you are ok apart from the work issues, it does creep up on us , i seem to be working very hard at the moment, but with the instability at OHs work it is perhaps just as well.
Have a good day everyone !
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
I can briefly touch base just come into port after 2 days at sea!😳Rather rough but not as bad as last episode! We have 2 more short journeys and ports of call before making way down North Sea back to Tilbury on Sunday!
Joan I am so sorry about your appointment issue I think they should have given you a priority one! I can understand your frustration!
The huskies were lovey and I got covered in muddy paws! Pics when I can!😃
Take care ladies!

Aargh! Rang the health centre yesterday to find out why I havent had the hospital appt. Very nice and helpful staff, but unfortunately the news was not good. Apparently the health centre’s electronic referral system went down the day my referral should have gone through so it was faxed. The HC then rang the hospital and were told the fax had been received. However it then dusappeared into the ether and the hospital are niw saying it was never received. So it has to go through as a new referral, which means it could be another 2 weeks before I’m seen. Maddening. 

Cassie, I’m relieved the reason we havent heard from you for a while is down to being busy and nothing else, although I’m sorry you are under such pressure. Glad you are getting some pleasure time though, you deserve it. Three times last weekend sounds rather good. I can understand your brother feeling he cant face any more treatment. Rather than giving up completely, has he considered just having a break from it? How is GS getting on at school? 

Lovewine, it’s good that the cause of your dad’s gastric bleed has bedn identified and that his warfarin is being monitored. Was it the dog or the child in the baby back pack?

Rosie, look forward to seeing OHs photos of the northern lights, you have been lucky seeing such a spectacular show, as well as reindeer and shooting stars. But I won’t be surprised if the best bit for you is sering the huskies- provided they are being well cared for, of course. But remember, you cant take one home!

Community Champion

Ladies it is lovely to read all your news. You have all been very busy and it sounds like you are all doing too much!😮
The sea has been much calmer since the storm we are on our return route now so hoping we don’t find another!!!😳
We witnessed an amazing show of the northern lights the night before last. We were taken to a place an hour away from where the ship was docked where it was very dark. There was a covering of snow and the lights danced it was very atmospheric! They provided hot chocolate and than goodness there was a toilet! We were told it was the best experience of the season! We saw reindeer on the way up and also saw several shooting stars!
DH has proper photographic equipment which is needed to capture the colours it can’t be taken with a phone. So I will have to wait until we are home for him to email them to me!
Lovewine I am glad to hear that the reason for your dad’s bleed had been identified.
Will catch up with you all next week! We are visiting a husky farm today and then will be at sea for 2 days! We have a final port call Friday and then are st sea until we reach Tilbury on Sunday morning!

Good Evening Ladies,

Thanks for your concern, yes all is well with me just been incredibly busy at home and work, I am beginning to feel that I am not too sure how much longer I can sustain the workload, we have a very large project on at work which means I get even less help from anyone and it is very pressurised. I have been out and about probably a little too much eating and drinking, three times this weekend which is too much.

EB has not has anymore treatment he just could not cope with it so fingers crossed that the surgery remeved everything.

Rosie the trip sounds amazing but I don't think I could cope with the swell and small cabin, I got sick years back doing a channel crossing from Folkstone! I am OK on open topped sailing ships but nothing enclosed.

I would love to see the aurora  borealias.

I hope all ladies are well and that all news is good regarding results x

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, lovely to hear from you Wildpurl, like Joan i felt worn out reading your busy few weeks. Not surprised you were poorly, especially after such an incredibly emotional day scattering DDs ashes. I hope as the weekend progressed you managed to get on top of the domestic upheaval and normality restored with your kitchen.
Joan, I understand the waiting for the post every morning! I have been in a state of high alert now for 2 weeks waiting for my results.
Dads appointment went well on friday thankyou, it appears the gastric bleed was caused by a bout of diverticulitis and a tear within the bowel, all was made much worse by dad being on warfarin for his heart which makes bleeding much worse, he is to resume the warfarin but has to have regular checks for any more bleeds.
I have had an active weekend walking, yesterday our dog walking club met in the afternoon for quite a long walk, then this morning i met up with my vet friend with her litte one year old boy and kipps sister, he was in a baby carry back pack and had a lovely time, hes a very happy, placid little chap.
Rosie, hope things are a little calmer now on the seas! I am looking forward to seeing photos too of the northern lights,
Cassie, hope things are ok with you?