Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Morning ladies, we returned yesterday from our week away, a long journey with an extra delay on the M25 about 12 miles from home! I made a soup for dinner from left over vegetables from the holiday, which will last us all weekend I think! We had a lovely time, we walked every day including a stretch of Hadrian's Wall and climbing Skiddaw on our last day. The weather was pretty good in the end with only a few showers.

As you will expect I am feeling very sad to have said goodbye to DS and GF after such a lovely holiday. It is cooler here in the house than in the holiday cottage, which was very warm and bright and sunny, and this morning is quite chilly. I am about to get showered and head off to the gym for my Pilates class. Then laundry, a bit of pottering in the garden and other bits and pieces indoors.

i have Monday off and am going to London to meet with one of DD's friends who has messaged me saying she would like to meet up and reminisce about DD.

Glad your YS and his GF arrived safely Lovewine. Rosie good luck with flat hunting and have a lovely dinner with sax player this evening. Joan I hope you enjoy your weekend. What a cute kitten Cassie! She looks very comfy there.

Community Champion

Community Champion

Good morning ladies, unsurprisingly I had a restless nights sleep and woke up at 5.00a.m,
YS and GF went to Euston as advised for their train at 5.15, it was chaos at the station as the trains were still not running, despite the online service saying they were! They went along to St Pancras and managed to get on a train out of the city to Market harborough which worked out fine in the end as it's closer than Rugby to us ( generally about 4 times more expensive ), they were able to use their tickets without any extra charges .
Anyway OH had made a very nice chicken and bacon Caesar salad and after a glass of wine everyone felt better! GF produced a very nice bottle of white wine to thank me for having her to stay , which was very welcome 😊!
They are walking the dogs locally this morning over the canal side and woodlands, later we are meeting up with ES and DIL at Foxton Locks which will be nice- Joan , Foxton is on The Grand Union Canal which also joins Oxford canal too, its very pretty and has a flight of locks which I think is one of the largest on the waterways 😏.

Rosie , I have also given in to the chill and wore my boots last night too !
Hope the viewing goes well this morning , at least you had a nice evening at the restaurant , how lovely to have an impromptu jazz night , I think they are always the best kind of evenings !

Joan , sorry to hear how Ill your friend is, shame he isn't well enough to visit the pier too .
Hope you manage to get some time in the garden and plant your bulbs , always a nice thought of the spring flowers, my baskets are looking a bit battered now too after the wind and rain this week.

Cassie, are you meeting up for a walk today ? Hope there are no further incidents in the city - very worrying .

Wildpurl , I expect you will be busy catching up now you are home, expect there are jobs to do in your garden !
Enjoy the last few days off!
I am putting the annoyance over the insurance claim out of my mind until Monday, we will not be accepting their offer and will certainly not be using that company if we needed a new bathroom !😡

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Community Champion

Lovewine I do hope that YS and GF safely arrived last night what a very stressful day for you!😬I think the insurance quote is an insult they need to pay the full amount!
We were going to,see the rental property at 6.00 last night and at 5.15 the agent called me to apologise but he couldn't make the appointment!😬 DH had cut short his day to get back!😡We are going at 11.30 today! DH is just getting ready to leave for school to let the odd job man in again to help finish some jobs.
As DH was early last night we decided to go to Cap St George and watch the sun go down! As we were leaving the waiter told us they are having a sax player tonight and did we want to book a table. We decided we would sax music by the sea with a glass of something!🌊🎷🍸
Wildpurl I do hope that you won't have to go to work on Monday so,that you have some time to readjust?
Joan I can't imagine having to wear boots!'m🙀Hope you got your gardening done?
Joan I do hope that your brother will continue to make progress he was certainly knocked off his feet!
Joan most ex pats coming to Cyprus rent property so getting a long term rental is becoming more of a challenge. 12 months ago there wasn't the demand. We are getting many more nationalities coming to live here we have 22 different ones at our school! Most of our parents rent as they don't know how things will pan out for them!
It's sad that your husbands ex colleague is unable to visit and walk along the pier!
Do they live far away from you? Could his wife borrow a wheelchair to take him along the pier?
Cassie will you be visiting ED, GS and the lovely Pandora?
Lovewine I do hope all the dogs behave!🐶🐶🐶

Lovewine, what a horrible day you have had, when you should just have been looking forward to your visitors. I hope YS's travel arrangements work out and that he, and you, are not too shaken by his proximity to this morning's horror. Then the insurance wrangle on top of it all. How on earth can they make such a derisory offer when there can be no dispute about who was responsible for knocking down the wall. What is your next step? At least you now have the date for your mammogram although that tends to ramp up the stress level too. I recommend a nice bottle of wine. I agree about the weather. I got so cold sitting at the computer this morning i put on my UGG boots!  I think we have gone through Foxton locks on one of our narrowboat holidays. Which canal are they on? 

Cassie, i think its a lovely photo, of both you and the cat. You look quite smitten. I hope GS warms to her soon. Glad all going well at school. Your walk sounds lovely, pity that there wasn't better takeup from patients but maybe word will spread for the next one -if its going to be repeated that is. 

Wildpurl, hope you have had an enjoyable and relaxing holiday. I had to buy a new waterprrof too when we walked bits of the Roman Wall, having discovered, during a downpour a couple of miles from Housesteads, that the old one was decidedly permeable. Fortunately The new one stood up to even worse weather in Orkney.

rosie, a stressful time for you too. They say that moving house is one of the most stressful experiences in life so doing it twice must amplify that. I hope the rental property wasnt as bad as you feared. I must admit i assumed there woukd be quite a few around now that autumn is approaching but i guess with your climate the owners can still get holiday lets. 

Ive had an uneventful week and we have a quiet weekend too, unexpectedly. An ex colleague of my husband and his wife were due to come tomorrow for the day but he is too poorly (he has terminal cancer and the chemo is sadly not slowing down its progression.) He very much wanted to walk along our pier but i fear that will no longer be possible. So providing its fine tomorrow i am planning to garden, clearing out all the pots and possibly going to the garden centre to choose some bulbs. My brother continues to make progress, although very slow. As he says, a week past Sunday he cycled 60 miles, now he can scarcely put one foot in front of the other. His son is getting the train down to Norwich on Saturday and will then use my brothers  car to drive him and SIL, who doesn't drive, back to Newcastle. 

I hope you all have a good weekend. 

Community Champion

Afternoon ladies, quite a stressfully day so far, i have today off, been changing beds and generally tidying up for the visit of YS and GF, saw the news earlier with the bomb on south west train, YS texted to say he was at that station waiting to get on the tube when that happened.

Then a couple of hours later we saw the trains from Euston to Rugby have been cancelled all day due to a fire at the side of the line in North London!🙄YS and GF have tickets at 5.15 p.m, not sure whats going on- finally got through to the train company and they are hoping the line will be open by then, if not it will have to be either bus, another trainline somewhere else or tomorrow 😏

Then OH texted me to say finally after a lot of battling the insurance company for Victoria Plum bathrooms , they knocked down our wall in june if you remember!? They were quoted £1600 by builder to replace it, they have offered £650😡😡😡not happy! Wouldnt mind but they weren't even delivering to us in the first place!

Anyway, hopefully things will improve as the day continues!

Rosie, i hope the rental property is not as unsuitable as you fear, it is difficult with a dog to find anywhere, enjoy the fish and chips though!

Wildpurl, hope you have had a good week, its flown by, then it does when on holiday😳

Cassie, have a good weekend, hope GS is settling in at school .

Joan, have you any plans for the weekend? 

Hopefully we can have a decent bit of warmer weather too!

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Cassie Pandora is adorable hopefully GS's heart will be won over soon!
Lovewine I am glad you now have your date for your mammogram at least both appointments are close together and it will be over with! How is the holiday finding going! I know you have a busy weekend with YS,GF and an extra dog!🙀
Wildpurl enjoy the final day of your holiday!
Joan I expect that you will,have a busy weekend catching up after your trip away?
We are going to,see a rental tonight but I don't think it is any good! They are few and far between here this is going to be our next challenge and we may need to move further out!
I think it wil be a fish and chip supper tonight!

Community Champion

Cassie, what a lovely photo of you and Pandora, she is very similar to my eldest cat called Biff, she is 17 years old,Pandora is very pretty.She looks very settled on you!

Rosie, i hope you have had a good day and things are falling into place with the house sales, its such a lot going on for you at the moment, not surprised you are feeling stressed.

i have had my mammogram date, its 2 days after my oncology appointment , so quite a week in store that week!

I am actually not going to the breast care hospital, but the mobile screening unit at the local hospital, thought that was odd, but apparently thats how its going to be this time, dont care as long as its done😏.

Mum and dad came up this afternoon, they enjoyed their trip to Suffolk last week and had lovely weather too, its been awful here this week, we seem to have passed from summer to autumn overnight 🍁🍂🌬!

Not a very good quality photo, its from my phone Woman Frustrated

Pandora.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies!
Joan I love your description of my jewellery as pieces of summer they are also a memory of the family being together in Wales! ❣️
Joan at least you had a card in your case and being away you loose track of the day and date!
The problem with DH is that he has been working 7 days a week since we got back from the uk and through the hottest part of the summer! He is only buisness driven at the moment trying to get it running smoothly for our escape during October!
Hope the GC have settled well into their new classes!
Lovewine I think it is the stress of 2 house moves and trying to tie it all together and the fact I had a very low day on what should have been a happy day! Also by the time I got to the evening I had one of Michael's , the taverna owner,  generous double at least measure of brandy with Diet Coke followed by wine!🙄
Hope you didn't get too wet on the dog walk!
You certainly have a busy weekend ahead brace yourself carefully!😏
Cassie looking forward to seeing a picture of Pandora! Glad to hear that all is well with GS and school!
Wildpurl hope you are experiencing some dry walking weather and not getting too muddy!
Off to school later to sort some issues with pupils!

Happy belated birthday Rosie, I hope you do manage to do something really nice at the weekend .

Lisa yes I live in Islington its just a couple of miles to Hampstead Heath where we had our walk, it was meant to be to encourage the patients to walk and keep fit but only three turned up all the rest were staff from the medical centre where I work. It was a lovely sunny day though a pretty walk.

So far so good with GS and school, I visited yesterday evening and met Pandora, very cute, I will post a picture when I can, my phone is playing up and will not email at the moment so I cannot capture the photo to post.

Community Champion

Afternoon ladies. Rosie, i love the jewellery too, the colours are very pretty😊, why do you think you were awake so early? Is it the house sale and subsequent rental search, not surprised you are finding sleep difficult !
Hope all has gone well at the lawyers. DH will make it up to you I'm sure, sunday will be a good day to go hopefully without distraction and you can have a celebration too at the house sale🥂.
Wildpurl, hope you are enjoying the walking, i think you will be definitely making use of the new waterproof!
Joan, hope you have caught up with all the chores that follow us home from a holiday!
Cassie, hope all is well, do you have a short week again this week?
I have been very busy again so far, just snatching a rest before meeting for the dog walking group, its been mainly dry, but when it has rained its thrown it down.
YS and GF are coming this weekend, ES and DIL are coming over on saturday and we are going to a local place of interest called Foxton Locks- Lisa you will know this as i think you have visited it?, its only a 10 minute drive away and very pretty with canal museum, inclined plane and two pubs and restaurants! they are very keen on photography so should get some good photos, then ES and DIL are off to Budapest on sunday leaving their dog with us!

Rosie, a quick belated happy birthday from me. Love the jewellry, like pieces of summer. A shame  OH forgot, he must have been mortified. Perhaps he will make it up to you in other ways later, and he sill probsbly never do it again after seeing how much it hurt you. I have a confession, though, i forgot my husbands birthday this year. It was last week when we were in Orkney and i only remembered half way through the morning. I'd taken his card with me in the suitcase too. 

Got to meet the kids from the school bus now but dudnt want to leave till later in case there was no opportunity. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
I was awake and out of bed at 4.30am 😴😩
Sitting waiting for,it to get light to,take the dog out! We have an 8.30am appointment in Paphos with Lawyer re house sale!
The buyers came back last night to see how things work! I sent DH round with a list!
When he returned to the house at 5.30pm I said to him you've forgotten haven't you? He looked puzzled the date today I continued and then he couldn't believe he had missed it and was apologetic! But I did feel upset all day!😢I had 20 messages on Facebook from close family and friends! I am hoping I may get the beach visit on Sunday! We did go to a taverna near the Church where we went for the wedding just across from the bank- if you remember the picture I posted?
There was one table left outside they are always busy in the summer! It was very humid again yesterday and still so in the evening!
Wildpurl,glad to hear you are having a good holiday I think your waterproofs will prove to be a good investment!
It's still pitch black here!😞
Have a good day ladies!
Community Champion

IMG_1616.JPG

Morning all, 

Happy Birthday Rosie! I do hope the day turns out well in the end. My OH is like yours Lovewine, although he does get me a gift, I have to tell him what I would like, and he never buys cards for the same reason as your OH.

im very glad to hear that you have found a buyer for your villa, fingers crossed all goes smoothly. 

That is a gorgeous blind Lovewine!

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Joan and DH is on the mend. The pod sounds quite claustrophobic, I did stay in something similar at CdG airport years ago where it was called a cabine. I had to keep the light on all night!

cassie good to hear from you, it sounds as though your walk was enjoyable at any rate

Lisa, a big decision but obviously one which you felt was right, and I'm sure having a complete break will be a good thing for you.

we are having a very nice holiday, have so far been walking every day and today are planning to walk Hadrian's Wall. We have had a bit of rain, all got drenched once but otherwise not really a problem. I have bought a new waterproof and so has OH

Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine for the birthday wishes and your advice! It is the first time he has forgotten!!! He called me twice since leaving the house but both school related calls!!!😬
I have put up my one birthday card from my sister he probably won't spot that! DD says she has sent one but it always takes a few days to get here!
Will post a pic of jewellery later as I have to go to school now!
Community Champion

Rosie, I just wanted to post " happy birthday " and I empathise with DH forgetting, My OH remembered , but I never receive a card - thinks they are a" waste of money as you look at them once and throw them away " !! I generally do not get a gift , because he never gets around to it😡
Maybe DH is planning something this evening ? A beach day is very cheap on the wallet too, I remember you taking your dog on the beach buggy to Lara bay last year?
I now let my non event birthday go , in many other ways OH is fantastic and very generous and supportive, I could choose my own birthday gift but it's not the same is it!
Your DH is caring and supportive , I personally would keep quiet and see if he remembers, he will be mortified when he realises 😮, he might even have a special day planned at the beach later in the week! It doesn't alleviate the hurt though of being forgotten 😢, especially when we remember theirs !
Good luck and have a nice birthday anyway 💐😊, you have come through so much these past 3 years and this year too with all that surgery, I would love to see a pic of your jewellery - a fellow jewellery lover ! And Joan of course too!
Let us know what happens😮
Thankyou for the compliments re: blind, I loved it as soon as I saw it, find it very uplifting to look at !
Lisa I bought it from Argos !👍
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Cassie I do,hope,that your oncology appointment went well never pleasant having to return to that department!😞
I do hope that GS will be able to develop a relationship with the new kitten. It is good he is so hygiene conscious.
Lovewine like Joan I wondered where you had been to take the picture and I knew about the blind! I love it- it is very relaxing!
I do hope that your mammogram appointment comes through soon!
Lisa 6 weeks to wait for a result is unacceptable how very stressful!🙀 I have awful joint pains too and the oncologist said keep taking the tablets! I am seeing mine again in February!
Hope the ratatouille was delicious 😋
Joan I am so pleased to,hear that your bother is out of hospital I expect that is why you did sleep so well! I have seen Premier Inn hubs advertised and wondered what the concept was? I think I would find it too claustrophobic!🙀
Good luck with the ironing and shopping!
The buyers are visiting again this evening to find out how everything works as they are heading back off to Australia tomorrow! I nearly died when the agents number came up last night!😩 Finding a rental isn't going to be easy as not all will take pets! I have started on the case!
I am feeling very sad today as DH is too preoccupied with school and has forgotten it's my birthday!!! The children have remembered. My DD and YS got together in Wales and purchased some earrings and a matching necklace form a craft shop and gave them me in Wales! I have just received an Amazon gift voucher from ES and my sister gave me a gift and card to bring back with me. So I will have 1 card!😢
I did drop a hint last week that I would really like a beach day at my favourite Lara Bay! With lunch at the last Castle on the Akamas.
I kept my day free! He is now wanting me to attend a meeting with the principal!😞☹️
Ladies what would you do!
I am thinking of sending a text or email later when he is at school stating I don't ask for diamonds, or expensive handbags and designer clothes I would just like to have had a beach day!😢
What do you think? Then he will realise!!!😡