Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Not a very good quality photo, its from my phone Woman Frustrated

Pandora.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies!
Joan I love your description of my jewellery as pieces of summer they are also a memory of the family being together in Wales! ❣️
Joan at least you had a card in your case and being away you loose track of the day and date!
The problem with DH is that he has been working 7 days a week since we got back from the uk and through the hottest part of the summer! He is only buisness driven at the moment trying to get it running smoothly for our escape during October!
Hope the GC have settled well into their new classes!
Lovewine I think it is the stress of 2 house moves and trying to tie it all together and the fact I had a very low day on what should have been a happy day! Also by the time I got to the evening I had one of Michael's , the taverna owner,  generous double at least measure of brandy with Diet Coke followed by wine!🙄
Hope you didn't get too wet on the dog walk!
You certainly have a busy weekend ahead brace yourself carefully!😏
Cassie looking forward to seeing a picture of Pandora! Glad to hear that all is well with GS and school!
Wildpurl hope you are experiencing some dry walking weather and not getting too muddy!
Off to school later to sort some issues with pupils!

Happy belated birthday Rosie, I hope you do manage to do something really nice at the weekend .

Lisa yes I live in Islington its just a couple of miles to Hampstead Heath where we had our walk, it was meant to be to encourage the patients to walk and keep fit but only three turned up all the rest were staff from the medical centre where I work. It was a lovely sunny day though a pretty walk.

So far so good with GS and school, I visited yesterday evening and met Pandora, very cute, I will post a picture when I can, my phone is playing up and will not email at the moment so I cannot capture the photo to post.

Community Champion

Afternoon ladies. Rosie, i love the jewellery too, the colours are very pretty😊, why do you think you were awake so early? Is it the house sale and subsequent rental search, not surprised you are finding sleep difficult !
Hope all has gone well at the lawyers. DH will make it up to you I'm sure, sunday will be a good day to go hopefully without distraction and you can have a celebration too at the house sale🥂.
Wildpurl, hope you are enjoying the walking, i think you will be definitely making use of the new waterproof!
Joan, hope you have caught up with all the chores that follow us home from a holiday!
Cassie, hope all is well, do you have a short week again this week?
I have been very busy again so far, just snatching a rest before meeting for the dog walking group, its been mainly dry, but when it has rained its thrown it down.
YS and GF are coming this weekend, ES and DIL are coming over on saturday and we are going to a local place of interest called Foxton Locks- Lisa you will know this as i think you have visited it?, its only a 10 minute drive away and very pretty with canal museum, inclined plane and two pubs and restaurants! they are very keen on photography so should get some good photos, then ES and DIL are off to Budapest on sunday leaving their dog with us!

Rosie, a quick belated happy birthday from me. Love the jewellry, like pieces of summer. A shame  OH forgot, he must have been mortified. Perhaps he will make it up to you in other ways later, and he sill probsbly never do it again after seeing how much it hurt you. I have a confession, though, i forgot my husbands birthday this year. It was last week when we were in Orkney and i only remembered half way through the morning. I'd taken his card with me in the suitcase too. 

Got to meet the kids from the school bus now but dudnt want to leave till later in case there was no opportunity. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
I was awake and out of bed at 4.30am 😴😩
Sitting waiting for,it to get light to,take the dog out! We have an 8.30am appointment in Paphos with Lawyer re house sale!
The buyers came back last night to see how things work! I sent DH round with a list!
When he returned to the house at 5.30pm I said to him you've forgotten haven't you? He looked puzzled the date today I continued and then he couldn't believe he had missed it and was apologetic! But I did feel upset all day!😢I had 20 messages on Facebook from close family and friends! I am hoping I may get the beach visit on Sunday! We did go to a taverna near the Church where we went for the wedding just across from the bank- if you remember the picture I posted?
There was one table left outside they are always busy in the summer! It was very humid again yesterday and still so in the evening!
Wildpurl,glad to hear you are having a good holiday I think your waterproofs will prove to be a good investment!
It's still pitch black here!😞
Have a good day ladies!
Community Champion

IMG_1616.JPG

Morning all, 

Happy Birthday Rosie! I do hope the day turns out well in the end. My OH is like yours Lovewine, although he does get me a gift, I have to tell him what I would like, and he never buys cards for the same reason as your OH.

im very glad to hear that you have found a buyer for your villa, fingers crossed all goes smoothly. 

That is a gorgeous blind Lovewine!

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Joan and DH is on the mend. The pod sounds quite claustrophobic, I did stay in something similar at CdG airport years ago where it was called a cabine. I had to keep the light on all night!

cassie good to hear from you, it sounds as though your walk was enjoyable at any rate

Lisa, a big decision but obviously one which you felt was right, and I'm sure having a complete break will be a good thing for you.

we are having a very nice holiday, have so far been walking every day and today are planning to walk Hadrian's Wall. We have had a bit of rain, all got drenched once but otherwise not really a problem. I have bought a new waterproof and so has OH

Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine for the birthday wishes and your advice! It is the first time he has forgotten!!! He called me twice since leaving the house but both school related calls!!!😬
I have put up my one birthday card from my sister he probably won't spot that! DD says she has sent one but it always takes a few days to get here!
Will post a pic of jewellery later as I have to go to school now!
Community Champion

Rosie, I just wanted to post " happy birthday " and I empathise with DH forgetting, My OH remembered , but I never receive a card - thinks they are a" waste of money as you look at them once and throw them away " !! I generally do not get a gift , because he never gets around to it😡
Maybe DH is planning something this evening ? A beach day is very cheap on the wallet too, I remember you taking your dog on the beach buggy to Lara bay last year?
I now let my non event birthday go , in many other ways OH is fantastic and very generous and supportive, I could choose my own birthday gift but it's not the same is it!
Your DH is caring and supportive , I personally would keep quiet and see if he remembers, he will be mortified when he realises 😮, he might even have a special day planned at the beach later in the week! It doesn't alleviate the hurt though of being forgotten 😢, especially when we remember theirs !
Good luck and have a nice birthday anyway 💐😊, you have come through so much these past 3 years and this year too with all that surgery, I would love to see a pic of your jewellery - a fellow jewellery lover ! And Joan of course too!
Let us know what happens😮
Thankyou for the compliments re: blind, I loved it as soon as I saw it, find it very uplifting to look at !
Lisa I bought it from Argos !👍
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Cassie I do,hope,that your oncology appointment went well never pleasant having to return to that department!😞
I do hope that GS will be able to develop a relationship with the new kitten. It is good he is so hygiene conscious.
Lovewine like Joan I wondered where you had been to take the picture and I knew about the blind! I love it- it is very relaxing!
I do hope that your mammogram appointment comes through soon!
Lisa 6 weeks to wait for a result is unacceptable how very stressful!🙀 I have awful joint pains too and the oncologist said keep taking the tablets! I am seeing mine again in February!
Hope the ratatouille was delicious 😋
Joan I am so pleased to,hear that your bother is out of hospital I expect that is why you did sleep so well! I have seen Premier Inn hubs advertised and wondered what the concept was? I think I would find it too claustrophobic!🙀
Good luck with the ironing and shopping!
The buyers are visiting again this evening to find out how everything works as they are heading back off to Australia tomorrow! I nearly died when the agents number came up last night!😩 Finding a rental isn't going to be easy as not all will take pets! I have started on the case!
I am feeling very sad today as DH is too preoccupied with school and has forgotten it's my birthday!!! The children have remembered. My DD and YS got together in Wales and purchased some earrings and a matching necklace form a craft shop and gave them me in Wales! I have just received an Amazon gift voucher from ES and my sister gave me a gift and card to bring back with me. So I will have 1 card!😢
I did drop a hint last week that I would really like a beach day at my favourite Lara Bay! With lunch at the last Castle on the Akamas.
I kept my day free! He is now wanting me to attend a meeting with the principal!😞☹️
Ladies what would you do!
I am thinking of sending a text or email later when he is at school stating I don't ask for diamonds, or expensive handbags and designer clothes I would just like to have had a beach day!😢
What do you think? Then he will realise!!!😡

Cassie, i hope the oncology appointment went well and Rosie, that the deposit came through and you can at last be free from the frustration of people coming round and then nothing materialising. lisa, well done for having the courage to say goodbye to head-teachering and all the stress that goes with it, and which seems to be increasing all the time. My husband was in teaching for years, and then we had the children at school. It is lovely now to be able to holiday in term time. Cheaper too of course. lovewine, love the blind. When i saw the picture where the blind was drawn, and not having read your post yet, i thought it was a marine scene and wondered where youd taken the photo! glad youre enjoying Deep Water. I think i have only read one of her Ripley novels and didnt much like it as far as i can remember but i think i will give them another go. Wikdpurl, hope you are having a lovely break and the meals are eirking out as

Had a lovely weekend in Edinburgh. We stayed  in a premier Inn hub hotel which was an interesting experience. A bit like staying in a caravan in that everything was very carefully planned to fit into a small space eg bed fitted against the wall, drawers underneath, about 3 feet of free space. Wouldn't have liked to stay for more than a night or two but very bright and smart. Even had a bottle-opener fitted to the wall! Had the best nights sleep of the holiday though that was probably mainly due to my brother having been dischargedfrom hospital. The hospital are pretty sure it was a virus in his inner or middle ear, which is a relief. Hes still poorly but responding to medication. Just finished doing all the washing so at some point will have to start on the ironing. About to head to the supermarket to restock. After 10 days of being cooked for it will be strange to have to feed ourselves. Scallops certainly wont be on the menu though. I did develop a taste fir black pudding!

Hi all

Cassie - your walk sounds an interesting experience - were you walking near where you live? Rosie - I hope that your buyers turn out to be the ones for you - it's such a pain selling a house - I'm sure it could be much easier and that's in the UK where we know what to expect - I can't imagine doing it abroad !! Lovewine - love the blind - where did you get it ?

The last mammogram i had I got the appointment through no problem but had to wait nearly 6 weeks for the results - which was a little stressful to say the least, I think there was a backlog ! I've just been to the GP today to moan about my ongoing joint pain which never seems to go away but she just said talk to the oncologist when I see them (which is February and I'm pretty sure they won't be at all interested) oh well it was worth a try.

Dunkirk was a great film, I can't say that I enjoyed watching it as I found it fairly traumatic but brilliantly made, really made me think about what it must have been like. I didn't manage to pick any more apples, maybe this weekend.

Have  good evening, I'm off to make ratatouille.

Lisa

Community Champion

Good luck Cassie at your oncology appointment this morning, i have mine in 2 weeks time, still not received appt for mammogram despite ringing twice😬
Rosie, i hope the deposit is paid today and then you can really make plans for rentals etc🤞, hope you had a good morning in school, the temperatures are much more bearable for you now, we actually lit our woodburner last night!
Joan, hope you are safely home and feel rested.
Wildpurl, hope you are relaxing and enjoying some walking and having dry weather!
Off to work now, thankfully a lot quieter today than last week, famous last words!
Have a good day everyone 😁.
Community Champion

IMG_2324.JPG

Community Champion

IMG_2323.JPG

Morning Ladies,

I am going into work a bit later today as I have my oncology appointment this morning at 10.20, I did not make it to ED yesterday in the end, our timings just did not fit, when I phoned she was having lunch out with BF & GS, so I will go after work on Tues instead, YD is in Milan at the moment with work, so I won't feel guilty not cooking.

GS is not keen on any animals Rosie, he freaked out a bit when my friends dog got a little bit of slobber on his knee under the cafe table a few weeks back and demanded antibacterial gel for his knee.

The first day ED got the kitten, while BF's son and everyone was making a fuss of the kitten GS shut his bedroom door saying he did not want it to infect his room, fair enough it did have fleas at the time.

I have seen photos since with the kitten sat on the sofa near GS so we have hope that he will accept it and even make friends with the kitten eventually.

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies!
The start of another week!
As we approach mid September the humidity has decreased and mornings and evenings are most pleasant. The house isn't as hot its down to 25/26. The outside temperatures continue to hover at 30 or just over!
Cassie I am shocked to hear that the assault took place on the island of Santorini. The attitude of the police however does not surprise me!😒 They prefer to spend time in the coffee shops. When there are incidents here for e.g. break ins they aren't interested!
It's not as if they are run off their feet sorting out law and order! The taxi driver was probably a mate of theirs! Everybody knows everybody it seems on the Greek Islands!🙄
Shame about the street party you can never rely on British weather!☹️
The kitten sounds really sweet bless it what does grandson think of it? Pets can really help with autistic children hopefully they will grow to be best buddies!
ES has a cat and it keeps out of the way when YGS is about he tries to,grab it and he accidentally stood on his tail one day!😲
Lovewine so glad the blind is up looking forward to the picture!
Oh dear what a responsibility looking after the bonsai trees I would get OH to oversee that task!!!😉
Our buyers have instructed their solicitor so we have advised our accordingly!
I have stated to look for rentals now!
It will be lovely not to receive phone calls to accept viewings! I am trying not to get too relieved though just in case I will be glad when they have paid the deposit. They have to pay 25% here!
Joan hope you arrived home with not too many wet clothes!
Wildpurl you must be well in the holiday mode now!
Right must get up off to school to work with a YR 2 girl on her phonics!
Hope the week starts well ladies!

Community Champion

Evening ladies, Rosie looks like you had a good night at the tribute show, love the pictures. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan with the buyers, even better if cash buyers, at least you upped the price a bit more😏.
OH put the blind up without too much fuss and i am very happy with it, i will take a photo tomorrow and post it!
We went to visit ES and DIL for coffee this morning and OH was instructed on the plant care of ESs bonsai trees when they are away in Budapest😳.

Cassie, in my experience with animal welfare i have found the rspca to be unhelpful in dealing with animals in need, my ES spent time there a few years ago when he did a 2 year course in animal science/behaviour, before changing direction to a history degree, his dog also was adopted from their too- a long story but he was nothing like he was described!
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day , shocking about your G.P friend and her awful experience.
Joan, hope you are home now and had a great few days, washing awaits no doubt!😬