cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are you from

Re: where are you from

see how excellent is that...cancer free. All clear nodes is great news. So all in all it was better to have the Mastectomy...

I will have rads approx 6 weeks after chemo so about Oct...

Yes head never been completely bald and I do think its starting to grow....a light fluff .

Oh good glad you got a place too. Anyway I had best go get lunch ready of to park if it doesn't rain.

Take care and chat soon

P x

The tears come at silly times - not helped by still having a watery eye! Fingers crossed yours doesn't start again!

I've been offered recon about 6 months after rads. BTW I'm cancer free!! Onc confirmed last week. Had 28 nodes out and all were clear. Tumour had disappeared but left a few cancerous fragments plus there was an 8cm DCIS. Having rads beginning July for 3 weeks. When is your rads?

Is your hair growing back yet?

Yes I'm on the LGFB do on the 29th.
Sharon

Hi Sharon

aww love you have done so well, let those tears come again if needs be. I still have crying days or rather moments inbetween nappies and school runs !! but its gone now....no more ok.!!! have they offered you recon? did you phone up about that feel good day on 29th? Are you more upset about the surgery itself??

Having the fitting will be better. Those comfie things are more like shoulder pads....ekkkk

I am ok. Started tablet form of chemo now and not hardly any side effects. Nothing like Epi and my eyes have stopped watering..yahoooo no more panda look, still shouldn't say that too loud eh just in case it comes back.

P

Hi Paula
i'm doing ok thanks. Went for my first counselling session yesterday as I went a bit fruit loop after the op. Not sure if it really helped or not and I think I've just about run out of tears now anyway! Going for my prosthesis fitting tomorrow - will be glad to get rid of the comfie as I really can't get on with the damn thing!
How's your chemo going? How are you feeling generally?
Sharon

Hi Shazza....you will indeed hun, how you getting on?

P x

I'm from Haywards Heath - another West Sussex gal.
Hi to all the other Sussex-ers. I thought it was you Paula43 - will see you at the support group in a couple of weeks!!!

Lilac I'm quite near Hexham, from Brampton area

I'm originally from Blackburn,Lancs but have been in Watford, Herts 26years

Northern Girl - I was born in Hexham and lived in Prudhoe before moving up to the north of Scotland (beyond Inverness) when I was a little girl ... then nearly 3 years ago I moved to central scotland.

I still have family in and around Newcastle

Hi Karen,

I was dx at Gloucester Royal and any follow up appointments are there. Had chemo/radio at Cheltenham General.

Sheana x

sheenamarie,
I'm from Gloucestershire.....where are you being treated?
karen x

Glasgow

Hi Ladies

Im from a little village called Freckleton, near Blackpool

Kirsty xx

i am from up north newcastle upon tyne. there doesnt seem to be many northerners on here.

my sister in law lives in guildford and there seems to be lots of ladies who live near there.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire.

Rural Nottinghamshire

Loughborough, Leicestershire.

Community Champion

Surrey/W.Sussex border near Lingfield (where the geegees run)

Community Champion

From Sunny Lake District in Cumbria
Defo quiet up here
Lisa
x

Not sure the 4th will suit depends on the chemo stuff which I know nothing about yet.
But would defo love a wee trip to the holy land

Hi

I'm awaiting surgery at Milton Keynes then rads at N'hampton

Jo xx

Hi

Any one from Huddersfield??

Had treatment at Jimmys Leeds

West Yorkshire seems very quiet!!

Kay x

Hi,

I'm a newbie and from near Cheltenham.

Sheana

Jez

Blimey, didn't realise there were so many of us from Bolton. Do you think it's something in the water?

Julie x

Good luck with the rads - I'm nearly 4 weeks post-rads and everything is going well. Skin stayed intact right up to the very end and even when it started to break down it was nothing drastic. It's stopped flaking all over the place now but still a bit darker than the other one.

Ails38 - you are jsut along the road from me - I'm in Grangemouth

Hi all nana scouse and granny scouse love the waves too oSmiley Happy
All you other scousers
As I have said before I live in Tamworth inStaffs ...there dont seem to be many people on here from that neck of the woods ,Being
treated at good hope in sutton coldfield ...gr8 team there love em to bits xxxxxx
Hugs and Kisses to you all whathever leg of your BC journey you may be on
xoxoxox ((((((((((((((o))))))))))))))))))
M

im from Falkirk, central scotland xx

South east london

also hail from cowbridge - south glamorgan! long to go back

lol xxx

Just wanted to say to leeloo I am sure you would be most welcome to our gathering in Liverpool. I have suggested a date, 4th July but had no replies yet. It's a fri.

Anyone living in or near Liverpool or ex pats who want to join us it may be an idea to go to the link on Chit chat and fun and we can start firming up dates and a venue. The more the merrier!

Irene

Hi sunnymeg18

Well surgery over and now home. A bit bruised and battered but out the other end!
Good luck with your surgery, are you having it at Taunton?
Debi

Jenna

Just spotted you're from Denton. Do you still live there? Hubby was born there. M-i-l still lives there. We've lived there, then Bredbury, now Romiley. Nice to know somebody's nearly next door to me :-)

Good luck to us all.
xx

Hi, Scousenana

Pleased to meet you :-) And everyone else, of course :-)

Love the waves \0/ \0/ \0/

Hi everyone,
I'm from Wavertree, Liverpool originally, still go home regularly , but now live in Bolton

\0/ waving to fellow scousers
\0/ waving to fellow boltonians
\0/ waving to everyone else

Jean xx

HI all,
I'm from N. Ireland, seems to be a serious amount of scouse stuff going on here but I mind not as I am a true red through and through, sorry to all you blues out there.

I would be up for a meeting in Liverpool as it is only a wee short trip on a plane or boat, although would need a wee bit of notice so it doesn't cost me an arm and leg but my mate goes over quite a bit and may be able to find me a friend to stay with.

How are all my lovely ladies today? I just arranged an appointment wuth Jan de Vries for this afternoon, how mad is that? I used to watch him all the time on This Morning.

Anyhoo take care ladies
Lisa

Hi
Northampton.
Donna42 and Cathy59 are you treated at Northampton Hospital?
Margaret

cathy59 and jacquie agree findhorn is the place to live, if only I could afford to live there. I have my treatment in elgin and have been told aberdeen for surgery, hopefully sept if all goes well.
I am off to walk on the beach Lossie this time...this BC had its postives as I would normally be in the office all day.
Maggie

Hi Maggie

I love Findhorn. Spent many a happy hour in the Crown and Anchor but believe the Kimerbly is the place to be now. Was up there for several years mid eighties as I was in the RAF and then after I came out, my husband was posted back up there. I keep looking at the houses for sale in Findhorn. I fancy one of those modern ones that back onto the beach. They are expensive but beautiful. Where do you have your treatment - Raigmore?

Hi Maggie,
Lucky you to be near Findhorn, it's beautiful. My OH spent the 1st year of his life there! Good luck with your 2nd chemo.
Jacquie

Valkyrie and Galen. No I don't live there anymore but do feel homesick for the region sometimes. We lived in Milnthorpe and Holme for yrs while kids at school. Then moved to Heysham. I loved it particularly the lovely unspoilt art deco house, but other half hated it so we moved to warton, then scotland, now 18 miles from Carlilse.

I would move back tomorrow if I could!

Irene

Debbi I will say hello to corrine for you at my 2nd chemo on the 30th May. Cathy 59 & quine 01 recognised the quine bit. Have to put my hands up to say that I have only been here 15 years, came up with RAF hubby & he left me happily behind married twice after me. No regrets. orginally from linwood, near paisley.
Walked over at findhorn yesterday..sun warm,felt very peaceful.
Maggie

Hi IreneM and Galen

Living in Glasson Dock so not far from Lancaster or Heysham!

I'm from Worcestershire, but have settled in Leicestershire.

Hi Archie and Aroma, I'm in the cheap seats, otherwise known as Bridgwater! All the best for your surgery today Archie. I won't be taking the road down to Exeter as I've decided against reconstruction, but I'll be thinking of you presumably whizzing down to Taunton and then the M5.

Hi all scousers , does seem to be a high demographic doesnt it. I grew up in Belle Vale , then Newsham Park . Bit of toing and froing but am based down in north London now.,
4 sisters and a brother in liverpool and surrounding areas so a regular visitor.

Stevenage,Hertfordshire

Hi fellow scousers how come there are so many of us...? I am from L8 or "riot torn Toxteth" as it came to be known. Family are still there so am a frequent visitor (so up for a summer meet-up) but now live in Harrow, Middlesex - am I the only one?
Sharon

Hi Irene
I know it well , isnt it amazing a website like this and i see a couple of ladies from the area, are you still local ?
galen

Galen I used to live at Heysham, Royds Ave, by the seaside!

Irene

Hello
Im from Lancaster next door to sunny Morecambe Bay, and say hi to the other ladies in my area xxx