Highlighted

Re: Favourite books/authors

You stole the words from my mouth! I love Stephen King and Sarah Rayne! Big fan of them

Ooh JacqB, I love Interview with the Vampire altho I think The Vampire Lestat is even better!  I read most of her vampire series when I was younger and the (IwtV) movie is one if my favourite movies ever - only time I've ever fancied Tom Cruise 😂

Anyway, more of my favs: Liane Moriarty, Jeffrey Deaver, Gillian Flynn, Ruth Ware.

I've read a few John Connelly books Jaqb and enjoyed them. Recently read the latest book by Paula thingy who did Girl on a Train. That was pretty good. My current favourite author is Linwood Barclay.

Good morning ladies
Just found this thread and as an avid reader I wanted to share my own favourite author John Connolly. His Charlie Parker detective thrillers are beautifully written, they are intelligent mysteries with a hint of the supernatural. Totally engrossing and highly recommended. I gave up on Cornwall and Reichs too many scientific abbreviations for me.
I like Karin Slaughter as well and Steven King is a long time fave.
Out if interest can you name your favourite book?
Mine is Interview with the vampire by Ann Rice. Nothing like the film which I didn’t enjoy at all. The book is a wonderful gothic love story.
Xx

Three Comrades by Erich Maria Remarque.

I enjoy Leslie Pearce she is such a good author I get lost in her books also Lee child's is another good author if you like a good thriller x

For detective stories try Joy Ellis (2 different series) or Faith Martin. I also like LJ Ross.

But for sheer braindeadness I read mills and boon medical romances and People's friend magazine

I like Karen Rose

I did download a book by Angela Marsons, not a Kim Stone one buT another about 2 women who meet at AA meetings. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I really enjoyed these and the DCI Ryan books by LJRoss are really good

Susan Evanovich - Stephanie Plum series,

I've not,

I'll have to look for kindle versions so I can add to my read lists for my commute

Thanks

Sally, have you read the D.I. Kim Stone books by Angela Marsons?  If not you should definitely check them out as they are a really great read.  I think there is currently 8 books so far in the series with more to come.

Barclay not Barely

Basically any book with a dead body in the first 20 pages. Patricia Cornwall, Kathy Reichs, Karen Slaughter. A particular favourite at the minute is Lynwood Barely.

Hi,

At the moment I'm steady getting through the Agatha Raisin books - currently on the 13th one - Although I've been reading them for ages, I find they are a very welcome escape from the stress of the unknown.

I also like most of the authors who have already been mentioned - some I haven't read and may look into - and anything true crime (I wanted to be a criminologist).

Karen Rose is one of my favourite authors.  Love her books.  Some are quite on the long side (which I personally don't mind) but they are really gripping!

Hi

I have just finished   a book written by New author Gail Honeyman called Eleanor Olliphant is Completely Fine. I highly recommend it. Sad, and so respectfully written with humour and empathy and love and hope. 

It's not at all about cancer although is quite harrowing towards the end as can be hinted at throughout the book.

I read it on kindle in just a few days.

Fairydust x

Community Champion

Jodi Picoult x

And a random one......Tory Hayden. Child psychiatrist, based on true stories.

That's right! It all started getting rather silly, a shame really, I'd really enjoyed her books before that