Worried lady

12 REPLIES 12

Jill1998

Thank youHeart

Community Champion

Worried lady

That's good news !! Good luck 🤞🤞

Jill1998

Hi Jill,i've got an app for this wednesday,after finally getting through to appointments manager. Will let you know how i get on

Lovemama

I have an appointment for this wednesday,after finally getting through to appointments manager,will let you know how i get on

Lovemama

Thank you for your reply,so sorry to hear you have grade 3,how are you coping with that?

No need to think you're scaring me,i'm already scared,hopefully worrying over nothing! 

Re: Worried lady

OMG. This is my third time to post the below long post.

Hi PauPau1963,

I currently live in Canada, to me, more than 2 weeks waiting for a breast clinic referral is not acceptable. I am stage 3A, grade 3 (the most aggressive grade) ER+/PR+/HER+ with 7/28 lymph nodes affected. I am not trying to scare you and I don't have the knowlege to say the small dimplings that you found is anything bad. But to share, in 3 weeks for the total time in waiting for the ultrasound/biopsy and the results, my family doctor (think similar to GP in UK) including me  myself could also feel 5 small bumps gradually developed (from 0) under armpit alongside my right breast which my family doctor explaint to me the bumps  were mostly the affected (swollen) lymph nodes.

I really hope you can push for an urgent referral and have the necessary tests/appointment in a timely manner.

Jill1998

Thanx Jill,obvs i am worried,but its prob nothing,looked in2 private care and its nearly £1000,i dont have that kind of money!

Community Champion

Worried lady

I looked it up and Scotland and Wales you don't have the 2 week rule like in England and NI - that's very hard for you - you don't have to have lump to be concerned .I hope you get your appointment soon 🤞🤞🤞

Jill1998

Yes it does Jill1998,i dont have a lump tho,so maybe its not as urgent!

Community Champion

Good grief that's terrible it's hard enough waiting 2 weeks and even then if they do a biopsy it can take another week to get the results .

Jill1998

Hi,my gp said initially its now a "4wk cancer referral" when i rang surgery after 4wks,receptionist said,new waiting times came in at start of January,its now an 8wk wait and that's for urgent cases!! I am in Scotland,times might be diferent elsewhere

Community Champion

Hi ,welcome to the forum .8 weeks seems like an awful long time to wait -I'm not surprised you are finding it hard -has your GP referred you as urgent most people are seen within 2 weeks.

Highlighted

Worried lady

Hi all,i'm new to this site.

I've recently discovered my right boob is bigger than the left,its also pulling over to the right side,when i raise my arms above head,there's vry slight dimpling on right boob,doc has referred me to breast clinic,its 8wks waiting time,i'm 4wks in2 that.

I'm 55yrs old and menopausal....Any advice welcome. Thanx