Community Champion

Re: Very scared

hi Newtothis,
Excellent!!! & thanks for your kind words.
But, noone here is braver or stronger than anyone else - anyone will deal with this if needed, but it's so good to share.
ann x

Newtothis

fantastic news! So made up for you x

Highlighted
Community Champion

newtothis

That is fantastic news and now you can get on with things as normal and glad we have been able to support you.

Helena xxx

Hi! It turns out it was a 'gladular plaque build up' so all is well, thankfully. 

I am so appreciative of everyones kind words and feel extremely lucky for now to have had a weight lifted. This forum demonstrates the power of support and there are some incredibly empowering ladies on here. 

Good luck to every one of you! I only admire your bravery and strength and have most definitely learned a lot from this experience. 

Best wishes to all! X

Newtothis, how did you get on?? X

Community Champion

newtothis

Hi, just checking in to see how you are not sure what time your apt was for.  I am off now to my rads but I will check up again later

Helenaxx

Dizmoo - beyond happy for you. I've been waiting to find out how you got on! Great news!!!!

I will wait and see what tomorrow brings! Smiley Happy 

Thank you ladies so much for your support. I won't forget it!

I wish you all the best health now, and in the future. You are amazing, brave ladies! Sending a hug of thanks xx

Community Champion

hi Diz,
So pleased for you & you're allowed to be anxious when waiting for appointments, quite normal! & even if bc is diagnosed its certainly not the end of the world, as many of us realise who have been through it.
I was one of the few who did not have to go through all the anxiety prior to the breast clinic appointment as I had no idea I had it, nearly didnt go for screening, then returned from holiday to find the recall appointment for the next day. I was then so convinced that it was ok, as I had had 1 clear mammo, that I even didn't give it much thought before having to return for the biopsy results & hey, yes it was an early bc, but now out the other side.
take care
ann x
Community Champion

Dizmoo

Oh that is absolutely fantastic news, and yes think on the positive they can not find anything and also that they have you on their radar now so should and that is a big should, there be a problem in the future it will get dealt with very quickly

I am so so pleased for you. You were not worrying over nothing, because you did not know what it was all, you knew was that something did not appear right to you, it is so much easier to think oh it will go away and that is when things can go wrong, for the sake of a few hours in a clinic you are now able to carry on knowing that things are ok.  Go and enjoy an evening with your hubby

Helena  xxxxxx

I'm back from the hospital after my appointment this morning. I was seen first by a young doctor who took some details and then examined me. They asked me lots of questions with regards to my other breast where they found cysts two years ago too (which slightly unnerved me.)The young doc said he couldn't feel anything untoward and would get the consultant to come and have a look. I remembered the consultant as I'd seen him on my previous visit two years ago. He had a feel and came to the same conclusion. He did say though, that to be sure, he would send me another appointment out in four months time and if nothing changed, pain wise, he would then do a mammogram. 

So, relief ... yes. Of course, it will still be in the back of my mind that it may still turn out to be something. But, I've been checked today, nothing has been found that concerns them and I'm now on their radar, so that if something does turn up in a few months, then it should still be in a relatively early state.

i do feel slightly guilty that I worried over nothing, when there's lots of ladies out there fighting this disease for real. But I am a worrier! Three times in the past I've had scans for possible cancers and I've been lucky. These experiences have been life changing, as I now never take anything for granted, and do what I can to to help raise funds to find cures (Race for life and donate monthly). I am lucky and I'm very grateful for this.

Thank you to everyone on here who has commented and helped me though. It's been amazing that you've taken time to help xx

Right, Newtothis, let's get yours out of the way tomorrow! Thinking of you xx

Community Champion

okay mate, speak with you tomorrow, am going off shortly myself 6.45am start again tomorrow, night night xx

I hope so. I will sign off now but let you know tomorrow how I get on xx

Community Champion

Dizmoo

I have sort of been lucky although it has lengthen the time of my having them because of the xmas holidays ther were some weeks when I was only having them 3 or 4 a week, this week is the first 5 day I have done.

It is amazing the inner strength you find when faced with something like this and how you can cope, I am sure you will be fine, you have that strength because I can hear it in your conversations with me xxx

Ladyb

My friend is just about to start her rads and I was amazed you have to go every day! You're almost on the home straight then with yours and I've no doubt it will be a relief when this part is over. Will think of this when I'm being scared! People can and do go through it and come out the other end. Xx

Thank you!! Very much appreciated- what a wonderful forum for everyone involved.

Everyone on here should be proud of what goes on here as I am sure it offers great comfort to those in need of it. 

Sending love and good wishes XX

Newtothis I'll be here to offer my support for you tomorrow eve for your appointment on weds xx
Community Champion

Dizmoo

thats the beauty of this forum, we have all been there so can offer you the support you need to get you through this and hopefully everything will be ok BUT if there is something there to be dealt with you are in the right hands and again, we will get you through that if necessary.

Really try and rest my dear otherwise you will just exhaust yourself for tomorrow xx

Well I am number 13 of my rads tomorrow, so only 7 to go after that and I can not wait for the 19th January when i do not have to make that journey every day and I can start getting things back to normal again.

Thank you!!! Smiley Happy

Helena xx 😘😘