cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast pain

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Breast pain

The doc thinks they are .I've never heard of it before unless I'm havin two diff infections runing through me .but I don't know why cause I've not hurt myself my toenails are fine it's really painful my punky toe is swollen and is painful x I've now got another slight bruise on my breast again this time it's a green shade .x
Community Champion

I'm not understanding the foot and breast bruising link....are you saying they feel linked?

I'm coming out in yet again an other bruise on my breast I'm not havin it it's a infection causing me to bruise and pain x

I've heard of poss infection causing brusing but it's only on 1 foot and it just feels like I've literally kicked something & my toes are feckin hurt in they look red and sore too .I really don't know what any docs can do but just to keep an eye on it and go back after a week if it's still there. In mean while this infection has knocked me dwn honestly feel winded and like I've been battered x
Community Champion

Liz, this sounds really odd, and the toe thing also. Can you seek a second opinion from a different doctor ?

Well I've been to docs and he's given me some more tablets as the pain is getting worse .and he can't explain the bruise on my breast and yesterday nite noticed my toes were really sore like I've cut them and they stug.dont know if it was related but fought I'll tell docs .anyway docs can't explain my bruises on breast and feet and says it might b the infection and to keep an eye on it .x

No haven't managed to guna c my docs Tuesday mornin it's open surgery so don't need a appointment x
Community Champion

I honestly have no idea then Lizp......did you see the out of hours doctor ?

The bruises is actually on the breast that hasn't had the biopsy. That's why I find it hard to understand why it's appeared. X
Community Champion

No, it really doesn't sound right - I think you should see an out of hours doctor today. If you are developing bruises like this and in so much pain, that sounds extreme from what one would expect from biopsy alone. Infection - I don't know, but clearly whatever you have been giving isn't working. This situation clearly needs a review, you won't be wasting anyone's time, get seen today !

Ladies help me this isn't right I went bed in pain and woke up this mornin and my boob full.of bruises I'm actually sat here cryin .this isn't right x

No not yet xx
Community Champion

Is there any improvement yet with the antibiotics?

The thing I'm worried about Is the pain im still in my boob aches I grab it it hurts that much it's been 10 days since my biopsy x

Me too but don't wana waste docs time and worry myself over nothing .should take docs word for it shuldnt I?? Xx
Community Champion

Right, a mammogram should be in order then I reckon.

Yea they only scanned one of my breast as that was only 1 that had lump in it .but now there's another in the other I'm worries by leaving it and taking docs word for it .
Community Champion

No, it didn't sound rude to me at all. Smiley Very Happy So, they did an ultrasound on one side, and not a mammogram on both ?

Sorry how I've wrote that sounds so rude like that lol .

No they only scanned 1 boob x
Community Champion

Did they not check the other breast at the clinic ?

That's what I fought too he said I won't need checked as it feels the same .but surely not every lump is the same weather it feels the same or not. Xx
Community Champion

Great news about the original biopsy! - yes, I think you are right though, if he's (the GP) found a new one then it can't just be presumed, without a check, that its identical to the other side. I'd request another referral - and ask for a mammogram. UNLESS you had one last time?

Community Champion

Great news that your original lump was benign, yes we would advise everyone to get checked out, most lumps are nothing to worry about but you are entitled to be re referred if you are not happy with what your Dr has said. Xx 

He's told me he had a email saying the lump isn't cancerous and this other lump feels the same .but surely all lumps should b checked out ? .honesty I'm in so much pain wuld actually think I've been beaten up feel so bruised x
Community Champion

You are certainly going through it aren't you! Hopefully things will settle down now with antibiotics.

Just try and deal with one thing at a time,it's not really helpful for your Gp to announce that he has found another lump but isn't going to do anything about it, of course your going to worry. 

Get some clarification on the lump that has been biopsied first then take things from there if you need to, I know this is really stressful and you are searching for answers everywhere but there is nothing more you can do until you get your results Xx 

Just been to docs as I culdnt cope with pain and he suspects an infection from the biopsy so on antibiotics and other tablets and he's found another lump on my other boob x

Aww thank u for replying have u had any other pains I'm getting pains lower bottom side and top rib side .x
Community Champion

I've had a fibrodenema and they can be really painful, mine wasn't discovered until I had tests for breast cancer but I had suffered with awful breast pain for years that would come and go so was put down as hormonal as there was never a palpable lump.

It showed up on an ultrasound and was deep in the middle of my breast about the size of a pea, mine was 10mm and they can be as big as several centimetres so i wouldn't worry about the size. 

Xx Jo 

I've had my scan and it showed a soild lump they did try and get fuild but there was none so they took cells instead .I had a letter sayin it could poss b fibroadenoma and it was 7mm so it's not a small average 1 as they meant b 2-3 mm.so now I'm worried as I'm havin constant breast pain it's unbearable and I know it's not meant b painful .x

4th Dec can't cone quick enough I've now got in habit of 're check in making sure I'm not just feeling things and it's all in my head .I never know what to believe as ppl are telling me that if he boob hurts it defo won't b bc mine not hurting everyday and it's not on a certain lump it's just this shooting pain sometimes achy feeling that just appears then goes .I wana talk to my mates but I feel like they do t understand a they can say is it all b ok x
Community Champion

Breast cancer symptoms vary so much,lump,pain,swelling,skin colour,dimpling, change in shape of breast, the list goes on and as Charys says it's impossible to find any answers googling.

I had no symptoms at all, a harmless lump led me to getting checked out but it was no where near my tumour which was hidden deep within my breast and there were no outward signs, thankfully picked up on ultrasound by the clinic.

We all want answers, it's brutal not knowing what is going on but the majority will walk from the clinic with the all clear Xx Jo 

Community Champion

Hiyer Liz,

Hope you are holding up ok at this really stressful time. You've done the right thing and gone to be checked immediately you realised something was wrong, thats brill as the earlier things are treated the better. As for the pain thing, bc can be painful (it was my first symptom) AND it can be not painful, benign conditions can be painful AND not painful. I'm afraid that looking at the pain aspect won't help you to fathom what it is that you have that needs checking. Don't try and look for any possibles or answers to what is going on, as only the people at the clinic will be able to offer those to you. We've all been there and spent time mulling over, stressing, checking online to find stories to try and give us the answer we desperately seek. We will be here for you to listen in the run-up to your appointment, as are the ladies on the helpline number (up at the top) if you want to ring them. x

Hi thank u for replying yeah I've been reading up on all the facts .my auntie and cousin died from bc in last couple years .so now I'm worrying as I'm a mum and don't want the worst to happen which I know might never happen but the possible is there .I don't have any 1 2 chat to that could share there experience and say that's what they had .xx
Community Champion

Lizp

Hello and welcome to the forum.  It is good that you have got a referral to the breast clinic, they are the experts and will be able to investigate it.  One thing to remember is that not every lump is bc there are other non cancerous conditions that it could be and the clinic dont just deal with bc.

One of the things that happen when we are in this heightened state of anxiety is that we have every ache and pain and because the naxiety monster takes over our rational mind, we start thinking that it is something ominous

Let us know how you get on at your apt if you want to and in the meantime there will always be someone on here who will be able to help and support you whenever you need it.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Breast pain

Hi new to here I recently went to the docs as I felt a thickened lump on breast near armpit and near nipple it feels really different to my other .the docs felt it straight away and has referred me my appointment is on 4th Dec my question is does breast cancer follow with pain as I keep getting some pain in the lumpy breast just comes and goes once or twice. But I keep getting told of ppl who hasn't had it if it painful then it's not cancer ?