Highlighted

Re: Should all fibroadenomas be removed?

Hi linsey , how much the surgery cost and where is the hospital you undergo surgery? Does your breast okay now? I hope your okay now. I actually have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast and planning to remove the 4cm in my right breast. Do you have a family history of cancer? I hope you responce. I am also in Philippines. Thank you.

Hi ladies, I'm from Ghana and was diagnosed with fibroadenoma in 2013 (was 17 by then) after noticing a rapid growing lump in my right breast in 2011. I had a surgery in March 2013 to take it out only to notice another growing in some few weeks time in the same right breast so had to take a second surgery in June 2013. Now I have another huge lump in my left breast and that has cause a big difference in the size of the breasts due to the two surgeries I already had on the right breast. I'm thinking of having one more surgery on the left one to at least resize my breasts since I'm becoming too conscious of it. It sometimes gives a sharp pain which lasts for some few seconds though. I also have a lump-like substance in my right breast where I had the two surgeries and doctor says it's a wound from the surgeries since that one is not growing in size unlike the one I currently have in my left breast. Hope this comforts some of you going through a similar experience.

Hi Abby,
I wish i could contact you so i could ask some questions.I'm currently planning to schedule my surgery and i'm a bit nervous and afraid. I am also from the Philippines and i would like to know from where hospital did you go? and how much would be the cost?
thanks in advance

Did you already get a surgery to have it removed?

I also have a fibroadenoma on my left breast since 2015 which is 4 and 3cm in sizes.

Actually i have 2 fibroadenoma lumps which is sticked together that whenerver 

i checked myself i only feel one lump.

When i got an ultrasound last July 2017 i was shocked that i have 2 lumps on my left breast 

as mentioned earlier 4 and 3cm in sizes and my doctor found out that this is a fibroadenoma.

I have consulted many doctors and they only advised me to remove my lumps but I was so scared by that time so for the meantime I took different kinds of herbal plants expecting that my lumps would just dissolve or minimize its size but unfortuantely nothing happens. 

Until I decided to have a surgery to ease my worry that it will become cancerous as time goes by.

My doctor and I scheduled the surgery last January 19, 2018 I was under general anesthesia by that time and it was indeed painless. The surgery only took 45mins to remove my lumps then it was sent immediately to the hospital laboratory for the biopsy. On that same day I was discharged at the hospital (Normally excision of breast mass can be an outpatient). I was advised by my doctor for a 2 week rest and the result of the biopsy was released after a week of the surgery and thanks god it was benign and I don't have to worry anymore because of that but as per my doctor I still have to check myself for a year if lumps will return or any strange feeling. For now I still have pain in my left breast but I cannot feel any lumps on it. I will still checked this thing to my doctor first.

By the way, I only got 4cm in length scar which not very noticeable since it was cut near my nipples. 

Nothing's change on the shape of my breast, It really looks fine though.

Im only 23 and from the Philippines Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Ling

Hello and welcome.  I can not help with your specific problem but what I would suggest is perhaps a visit to your GP again to get it checked out and give you peace of mind.  Your GP may refer you back to your breast clinic, you could also give the breast clinic a call directly as has only been a year they might book an appointment for you

xx

Hi, just seen your comment & your situation is veryyy similar to mine. I just started googling stuff again, I was told in hosptial it was this aswell. I feel like mine is growning too and it's only in 1 breast amd the size difference is crazy, I also have noticed that the actual lum0 has like wee lumps around it too, is anyone else the same? Sometimes it's hurts like sharp pains for a while but it's usually alright apart from that. I wish I said I wanted it removed while i was at hosptial but it didn't bother me as much at the time, it's been about a year since I got examined, I just keep thinking the worst as it gets bigger and feels different. I don't know what to do, 23 years old and is making me very self conscious lately 😢 hope to hear from you x

I just had 8 fibroadenomas removed from both breast, the biggest ones I had were about 7cm. I had 2 large ones in both breasts about the same size the rest were smaller. I was so scared of the outcome because they mentioned I might need reconstruction. I’m so happy that both of my breasts look normal, both look the same as before! I just hope they don’t come back. I’m so glad I got them removed

Re: fibroadenomas and pain in left breast

Slmz/Hi

I have found out in September that i have a adenoma in my inner left breast and a breast cyst. The docto has told me that i must just leave the adenoma alone it will go away on it own. But i am paranoid now and i have constant pain in my left breast but the pain starts from the outer part where the bone is and goes under the breast. Anyone had anything similar to this? is worrying me but my radiologist seems fine and not worried.

Thanks 

Zeeni

Hi I'm Mae I have diagnose of cyst fibroadenoma.why I always feel pain of my beast every day?

Hi, it was a pleasure to read your reply. I totally agree with your opinion. Also, surgery does not promise cure. Fibroadenomas though benign, are notorious for recurrence.

Hey Assalamu Alaikum, don't worry. You're not alone in this. Please see a doctor and get an ultrasound done.
Fibroadenomas are benign but as you have family history, so the doctor will ask you to get some tests.
but don't worry, as worry doesn't make anything better. Be strong. If Allah has brought you to it, He will help you get through it.
(I have multiple Adenomas in both my breasts too.)

Hi, very brave decision!! hope you;re done with the removal. Could you kindly share your experience of surgery with us?

Hi, yes. You're not alone. Fibroadenomas are very common among young girls and teens.and they;re benign masses.

Hi,
yes, fibroadenomas do grow again remaining healthy breast tissue and surgery does not promise cure at all.
I have multiple fibrodenomas in both my breast for 7yrs now. And i am observing them for any growth and change in shape etc. through yearly ultrasound scans. I don't want to lose my breast tissue. My tumors are fairly painless. And also not visible to eye. hope this helps you

Hi, I had my fibroadema removers a couple of years ago, it was the size of 2 pence piece and pretty painful. The removal was very straight forward and painless. I had an injection for pain then they removed it piece by piece. The whole procedure was done and dusted in 40 mins.
Community Champion

Hi Sweetlike,

hmmm well, there's nothing wrong in eating well, but personally I would be sceptical of anything which claims to cure anything by diet alone, in place of any recommended conventional treatment.

Obviously, yours is a benign condition, so it's not the same situation, but for any cancerous change this approach would be life threatening. 

Loads of us here use diet &/or alternative treatments to complement conventional treatments, but not to replace it.

ann x

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies, I've just come back from the breast clinic due to a pain and lump in my breast which I have had for over 1 and half years now. Been advised that I may have this, waiting for biopsy results. I'm 30 years old and breastfeed my daughter until Jan last year I thought it might have been due to this. I have been doing a bit of research and stumbled across this, I am going to give it a go because I suppose anything is better than the pain or surgery and what's the worst thing that can happen from eating a whole heap of fruit and veg right?

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

http://www.body-in-balance.org/blog/nutrition/fight-fibroadenomas-naturally/

Hi there, I'm thinking about getting my fibroadenoma removed because it feels like mine has increased in size since I was diagnosed two years ago. I first found the lump at the age of 19 when it was the size of a small grape. Initially I was too scared to go to the doctors but I pushed myself to go once I noticed it was growing rapidly. The lump was 3x4cm in size and the doctor said that it wasn't nesscessary to get surgery. However it's been 2 years and it feels like the lump has grown in diameter and thickness. I feel like the more I get older the more it is going to grow. Sometimes it has an uncomfortable feeling and I have to rub around it to soothe the area. Also, if I lift up my arms you can clearly see it protuding under the skin. I've decided to go back to doctor to get a second review and see whether I can get surgery to have it removed.

I've never been in surgery before and am quite scared to be honest. I would be very grateful if anyone could share their surgery experience (specifically UK). Like how long it took? Do you get a big scar? Is it very noticeable? Does the breast shape change after? How much rest you need after surgery? etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm 27 years old. I have never felt any pain in the breast but recently found out I have 2 breast lumps in my right breast. One is 1.5cm and another about 4mm. I am not sure should I got them removed...I have read quite many cases of fibroadenomas grow back after surgical removal...Anyone out there who had fibroadenomas and left untreated? Feeling lost...

I found a fibroidenoma in my right breast when I was 19, I got a scan on the Friday and it showed up at 2cm and on the Monday following I had another scan which showed it at 6cm. It had tripled in length and volume in 3 days. My breast are in severe pain constantly to the point I can't touch them myself. I am 20 now nearly 21 And had a scan done 2 weeks ago. The doctors have found another very large fibroidenoma and 6-7 small ones. I am absolutely terrified, my large one is 4cm just now and is expected to grow rapidly. I am in 2nd year of uni and I'm the middle of exams so need to wait a month to have it removed. I am terrified!!! Gpd only knows what size it'll have grown to in 1 months time. The pain is unbearable and my scar from my first surgery is huge, this one will be even bigger and harder to hide. Glad I'm not alone with this issue.