Highlighted

Re: Recall

Wonderful news!  I am delighted for you x

Community Champion

Such great news! Thank you for coming back to let us know, it's really important for others coming through the forum while waiting on results to see that it inst always bad news! Xx 

Just quickly wanted to say that I am just back from results clinic. Thankfully they have said biopsy came back as fibroadenoma and after discussions they have agreed to leave alone. Am so grateful for everyone's comments and support on this forum. Helped me through a very scary time and I'm sure I will have more but for now thank you v much and good luck and hugs to everyone else out there going through scary times xxx
Community Champion

They don't lie to you Kathy, they will tell you honestly what they think from what they can see on the day , of course they don't always get it right but they will never deliberately mislead you, I know this is such a hard wait and you will be trying to second guess the outcome but it's under way now and you will have an answer one way or another this time Xx Jo 

Hi Kathyclogs - really they don't always say that. On my recall appointment the doctor who did the ultrasound told me then and there that things looked extremely suspicious on the mammogram and ultrasound and she thought it was cancer.   She showed me the images and explained them to me.   I think they have a duty to be honest with you nowadays and won't fob you off with vague reassurances.  Good luck for your results and remember that most people that go for call back don't have cancer x

Yes next week xx
Community Champion

Kathy

At least that is done, are you back next week for the results? 

Helena xxx

So after 5 long days waiting - I've been - apparently something showed on mammo on one side. Couldn't see anything on ultrasound so had to have biopsy to double check. So more waiting. The nurse said she'd spoken to doctor and she said she wasn't particularly concerned but I guess they always say that xx
Community Champion

Hi Kathy,
...as Helena & Jobey have said.
Even If on the off chance it is bc, then it’s certainly not the end of world, as mammo detected bc is normally early & wholly treatable.
Loads of us have been through this & are doing just fine.
Mine was mammo detected, treated & back to life as normal within a few months & I’ve have just had my 2 year ‘all clear.’
Thank god I went for that mammo, as I nearly didn’t!
It’s certainly easier said than done, but try not to let your
mind run away with it all.
It will get sorted out.
ann x

Thanks again for comments. Been trying so hard to put it out of my mind but starting to really build it up in my head - trying to be normal, trying not to Google, but I just feel so sick and have convinced myself my breast hurts even though I don't even know which side is the problem. Sorry for venting on here but I don't want to worry anyone else yet. xx
Community Champion

Kathy your GP sounds lovely and they of course can't flower things up but you would hang on to the negative no matter what was said at the minute , it's self preservation , expect the worst and hope for the best, we all did it! just try your best to fill your days and don't focus on lack of sleep too much,  your body is on high alert at the minute and sleep is the hardest thing to get when your in that mind set, whatever the outcome things will calm down I promise you Xx Jo 

Community Champion

Kathy

Try not to read anything into what the GP said about worst case scenario, he was probably just covering himself.  Good to hear that you have got something to help you sleep, that should make a difference to how you are feeling. 

I know it is hard to try not to think about it, but good that you are going to give it a try

Helena xxx

Been and had chat with my gp who was lovely - although seemed to talk me through worst case scenario rather than it being nothing to worry about - which slightly worried me thinking about it afterwards. Gave me a hug and some meds to help sleep (as my sleep thing has been going on a while and this has just exacerbated it all). Told me to do nice things at wkend to take mind off it (easier said than done) but am going to try xx
Community Champion

Kathyclogs

Unfortunately lack of sleep does tend to increase your anxiety levels and all rational thoughts go out the window.  Hopefully you will be able to catch up on sleep later and that will make you feel better

You just keep coming on here and we will keep your positivity up. 

Sending you a hug xxx

Thank you Helena and Jobey for replies. Am trying not to panic but after a sleepless night just imagining/ thinking the worst. Will keep trying to think positively tho.
Community Champion

Helena is spot on, it's common to be recalled after your first mamogram as something that's completely normal for you may have flagged up and they have to check it out, it happened to my sister and one of my best friends and both had the all clear at clinic and have continued to do so several years on! 

We all here know how you are feeling but worrying yourself in to a frenzy will just make the days drag even more, keep yourself busy and try to park your panic until you know anything for certain.

Both Helena and I have had breast cancer and we are just fine several years on 😊 Xx 

Community Champion

Kathyclogs

And breathe my dear.

This is your first mammo so they have nothing to compare with so they are just making sure which is reassuring it could be that the image is not clear so they need to do another one, or that what they are seeing on there is totally normal breast tissue for you, but it is always best to get it checked out for your own peace of mind.

I know that it is easy to say, but try as much as possible to put it out of your mind for now. Come on here whenever you need to there will always be someone on here to help and support you

Helena xxx

Had first mammogram 2 weeks ago and assumed as hadn't heard yet that everything ok but today find a letter recalling me to assessment clinic next week. Petrified and working myself up into a frenzy. Don't know how going to get thru the weekend.
Community Champion

That is reassuring and thanks for finding the link. Out of all those screeming mammos (im not at screening age) and it's only one in 100, that even surprises me.
Community Champion

Hi Charys,
It may have been this one:
https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/have-i-got-breast-cancer/what-expect-breast-...
But I also remember reading further info that statiscally, 4 out of 100 women are recalled & one will get a bc diagnosis, but would normally go into make a full recovery, which I found reassuring at the time. I might have hit on the leaflet version.
I then went onto sleep that night, went for the appointment the next day, ended up having to wait another week for the biopsy results, still didn’t worry about it, then went back a week later & yes, I was the 1:100, but it still turned out fine in the end & now so glad I went for that mammo.
ann x