Re: Like a Yo-Yo

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I guess I need to trot along over to newly diagnosed thread now.....good luck to all the ladies still waiting over here, all I can say is that for me, prediagnosis was really hard and things seem a lot clearer and brighter now! Xxxxx
Community Champion

Wrightie

I think it is the relief of knowing exactly what you are dealing with where before it was all the uncertainty, you will get through this and we are all there with you whenever you need us to support in any way we can.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Hi Wrightie,
Oh well, sorry you’ve joined the club, but as ever the prospect is worse that the reality. My diagnosis was similar to yours & all’s well now. Thankfully, it will now be dealt with.
ann x

Thank you Wrightie.

I am glad you have finally got a result. A friend of mine had the same diagnosis as you and 2 years later she is absolutely fine.

You take care and I will be thinking of you xx

@Dana61 best of luck for Tuesday. The waiting is really hard I know...xxxx

Hi I've got through the moment, yes, that moment of being told I have breast cancer.
Good news is that it is small and lymph node sample they tested was clear.
It's invasive ductal grade 2 so it will be a lumpectomy, sentinel nodes removal, and radiotherapy at a minimum. Blood test results will be through by this Friday and I dondon know yet whether I will have chemo or not.
Having genetic testing too.
I feel fine, I took a friend with me and didn't crumble. Have told kids and they're fine. So all good, and I feel so much better than waiting for the news. Xxx
Community Champion

Wrightie

Just wanted to wish you all the very best for today.

Are you going to taking someone with you anyway, it might be an idea as they are moral support and another pairs of ears.

Let us know how you get on, we are all in your pockets

Helena xxx

Hi Wrightie. It went ok thank you. I have got to go back next Tuesday for the result. Another week of waiting. 

The best of luck for tomorrow. 

Dana xx

Dana61 how did the biopsies go? Xxx

Yes it really is.  I don't think I have ever felt like this.  I want to know but on the other hand I don't want to know. xx

Good Luck to you too!

....it's so stressful...

Woman Sad

Hello

I wish you all the best of luck.  I am going tomorrow for a repeat biopsy as they didn't get any answer last time and I have to go next Tuesday for the results.  I know exactly how you are feeling and like the others, I will be thinking of you. x

An Update,

I've just been called by the hospital to say I have an appointment on wednesday morning to get my results!! Legs have gone a bit weak and suddenly lost my appetite!

I have found someone to take me though, just in case I fall apart.

Highlighted

Thank you Helena,

You really made me laugh, I will get my Big Girl pants on now. I was told on Wednesday that it could be 1 week, but that they have a big meeting every friday, so it could be a week from today. So of course I have been hovering like a demented vulture over my mobile all day in the hope/fear that I will have a call today in case my results were magically through in time for today's meeting, see, totally bonkers!!

I have been keeping myself really busy at work, in fact I have just now submitted some really important reports, and have to now get a ppt ready for a meeting on Tuesday.

As for the meeting/appointment when it comes, I am umming and ahhh-ing about taking my hubby or not, he could stress me out even more....lol.....My sister has offered, but I don't think I want to go with anyone as I have a tendency to worry about everyone else's feelings 1st, and stress about how bad news will affect them rather than me, so I think I will do this alone....(I'm really independent, I know I could crumble, but I am sure I will pull myself together again, and at least I won't feel embarrassed in front of people I know)...See, I'm a Yo-Yo!!

Community Champion

Wrightie

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What you are feeling is totally normal whilst waiting for results.  We all know that feeling of replaying the appointment in our heads to try and remember what they said.  The best thing, and absolutely not the easiest, is to try and put keep yourself distracted and occupied.  If you think of it there is nothing you can do to change what the outcome might be, and that does not mean that it will necessarily turn out to be bc.  However IF it does it sounds like it is very small and has been caught early, so your yearly mammograms are totally doing their job.

Do you have a date yet for your results and are you taking someone with you.  The only reason I ask about going with someone is they are moral support but also they are another pair of ears, even when we are given good news wo do not always hear that because of our heightended state of anxiety.

Just try to take each day as it comes try not to think too far ahead.  We are all here to help and support you in whatever way we can. 

A pair of the virtual tough pants are winging their way to you now, fresh from the line, they have very deep pockets so that we can all get in there to hold your hands.

tough pants.jpg

Helena xxx

Like a Yo-Yo

Hi there everyone,

I am new to this forum so hello! My story is that my family has a history of breast and ovarian cancer, with the latter causing me and my sisters to have early hysterectomies. Due to the history, (including 1 sister having had, recovered now, breast cancer), I have been having yearly mammograms since I was 40 (nearly 7 years ago). My recent one showed something up so 2 days ago I went for an ultrasound. The doc said that they found something "tiny" = 8mm and also slight inflammation of a lmph node so she obtained the biopsies from the "lump" as she described it and the extracted fluid I guess from the lymph node. Anyway I am freaking out, but as the title of this thread suggests, I keep yo-yoing between positive and not so positive thinking and obsessing with finding out everything I can about it. I keep trying to replay everything she said and trying to remember exactly what it looked like on the screen. I keep on thinking "if it was a harmless cyst, it would be filled with fluid and not a lump, so they couldn't take a biopsy, yes?"! I think I heard her say "we've caught it early", so in my mind, with the family history and that experience, I am just thinking that maybe one some level I have just been waiting for this, the inevitable to happen......I really need the results now, but I really don't want them.....