cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arm pit lump been refered to breast clinic

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Arm pit lump been refered to breast clinic

Hi all had my appointment yesterday

It's a Sebaceous cyst that I have to have an operation to remove and have it tested I'll be going in in the next 6-8 weeks x

Thank your for your reply and the information I'll reply on here when I've been and update you x

Community Champion

Hi Babz,

First of all, it’s good you’ve been referred to get it properly seen to, although obviously, it doesn’t feel like it at the mo. 

What usually happens at the clinic, is you’ll see the Dr who will do an examination, an ultrasound may be done & if it’s clear what it is, you’ll be told then - the vast majority of lumps turn out not to be bc related. A mammogram may be done & if it is not clear what it is, then a biopsy is done - but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bc if one is needed. If a biopsy is done, there is a further week or 2s wait for the results. 

It helps with the wait to carry on as normal & avoid google as any search will lead to bc when it normally isn’t, so it’s not reassuring! 

If you want to, let us know bow you get on. 

ann x

Ok so no replies 😔

@Babz86 wrote:
Hi first time here and writing I've had a hard lump in my arm pit for 3-4 weeks now doctors put me on antibiotics to try and see if that got rid of it it didn't work so I've been referred to breast clinic my appointment is 6th Feb

I'm so worried I've googled lump feelings etc Yea I know I shouldn't but from what I've read lumps that are cysts infections etc are soft mine is hard and cysts/ infections go away within 2-3 weeks anyone had similar to me and had its nothing outcome or it's cancer outcome'
Also what will happen at my appointment

Thanks all

Arm pit lump been refered to breast clinic

Hi first time here and writing I've had a hard lump in my arm pit for 3-4 weeks now doctors put me on antibiotics to try and see if that got rid of it it didn't work so I've been referred to breast clinic my appointment is 6th Feb

I'm so worried I've googled lump feelings etc Yea I know I shouldn't but from what I've read lumps that are cysts infections etc are soft mine is hard and cysts/ infections go away within 2-3 weeks anyone had similar to me and had its nothing outcome or it's cancer outcome'
Also what will happen at my appointment

Thanks all