the breast cancer
support charity

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mazzalou

Re: Stamina after herceptin????

Lovely to hear from you, Kim, and good to hear that it is all systems go with your reconstruction. You'll be fine so stop worrying - if you can beat BC then you can take on the world, let alone this op.
Keep smiling and the sun will shine for you!
With lots love
MAzzalou xxx
Please use plain text.
kimmie

Sitting in the garden so thought I'd pop on to say hi. I hope it's nice and sunny where you are too.

Well op choice is now the tummy option. Scared stiff but appt it's the best option long term for me. I'm on the waiting list so I'm thinking it will be a few months away. I can't wait to get my cleavage back :smileyhappy:

I hope all you ladies are well

Lots of love
Kim xx
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

we'll be thinking of you on Thursday and, hopefully, you won't have to wait too long and then, before you know it you'll be up and about once more.
Lots of love and hugs
Mazzalou xxx
Please use plain text.
kimmie

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Im so glad everything is good with you :smileyhappy:
Your so lovely and deserve nothing more xxx

Im seeing the surgeon on Thursday so will let you know what happens

Lots of love xxx
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Good to hear that life is looking good for you Kim on all fronts so fingers crossed for you new fella, and, of course, you op. I'm sure the job will be worth waiting for so keep applying as you wouldn't really want to miss the ideal job if it came up before your op. Besides, if the employer is worth working for they will accept your circumstances if you need to take time off for your op altho I can understand your logic that it might be worth waiting until you are well on the road to recovery after your op.
Don't even worry about the implant rejecting due to rads - this is a risk with any form of reconstruction - with or without rads, and I am sure your rads were done long enough ago for them to have no effect by now.
I'm fine and have just had my 2nd mammogram and my breast surgeon doesn't want to see me anymore so that's it other than the annual mammogram until I hit the 5 year mark so life is looking good for me too - although I do envy your 8 and 1/2 stone!!!
Keep in touch and let us know when you op is so that we can send you lots of hugs
Mazzalou xxx
Please use plain text.
kimmie

Hi Mazzalou

Well I think I have. I have never really wanted the tummy op its a big op and longer recovery and to be honest at 8 and a half stone I havent got a lot of body fat on my tummy. He said he could make a b-c cup. That would then mean id need a further op on my good side to reduce the size.
The back op is my preffered choice but again with not having back fat id need an implant. Downside to this op is the implant rejecting due to the radiotherapy. Ive spoken to 3 women whove had it done and they have all been ok. So think im going to opt for this.

As for me smiling once more Id say yes. Im a lot better than I was. Still on friendly terms with my ex which is nice.
Ive started dating someone who I like so we will see how it goes. Obviously im very concious about my chest but he knows and hasnt ran a mile yet so I suppose thats a good sign.

Still not working. Applying for anything now but no luck as yet. At the same time if im to have my op in a few months maybe its better to wait.

Im still living at my friends and probably will be till after my op.

Phew ive wrote an essay lol

How are you?

Kim xxx
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Hello again Kimmie
Have you reached a decision after your walk in the sunshine? I opted for immediate reconstruction as it was the right choice for me at the time. If I had to choose I think that I would opt for the tummy, but make sure that you research both before you make up you mind as I definitely didn't realise that the tummy option is quite a major op with quite a long post-op recovery time.
Do your homework thoroughly and ask if you can speak to women who have gone for either of your 2 choices and try and get to see what the after-effects look like and then make up your mind.
No surgeon will make the decision for you, and if you're honest, you really wouldn't want them to either, even though it would seem to make life easier at the mo.
Other than having to make up your mind on this one, Kim, how are you? Can you smile once more?
Love to you and the rest of the 'nose-drippers'!
Mazzalou xxx
Please use plain text.
kimmie

Hi Slammer

That post made me giggle:smileyhappy:

Glad everyone is ok :smileyhappy:

Im seeing my surgeon nxt wk and cant decide what op to have, I wish he would just make the decision for me. Tummy or back?

Off for a walk in the sunshine to do some more thinking

Lots of love
xxxx
Please use plain text.
slamer

Too right Mazzalou
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Now that really is a 'senior moment' Slamer!
Please use plain text.
slamer

Hi girls,

just noticed, I was responding to Kimmie's message from a year ago, oops!
Please use plain text.
slamer

Hi Kimmie,
'Slamer' here in sunny Spain, I still pop into the forums from time to time & noticed your concern over how long to getting back to 'normal' after herceptin. My last herceptin was in September & I've noticed my energy is almost back to normal, my appetite most certainly is (I could hardly finish a small plate of food). The annoying thing at the moment & I think someone else has mentioned it, is very achey bones, especially when first up & after excercise, likewise I think its to do with Letrozole. Just had a 'clear' mammo & ultrasound back down for consultation with onc & a blood test Wednesday. I had a lot of running around to do over Xmas in the UK for 3 weeks & I know that this time last year I couldn't have done it. Well done, it will get easier & its brill not having the 'every three week' visit to hospital. Hugs to all
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Thanks Truddles.
Seeing my fantastic surgeon tomorrow for follow-up clinic
Please use plain text.
truddles

Great results, so pleased for you!
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Results from mammogram are all clear, and tomorrow Thursday 18th April is the 2nd anniversary of my bc op - how time flies when you are having fun!!!
Hope that you are all having fun too, especially you Kim?
xxx
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Welcome back Kim - we've missed you, but glad to have you back even if you are foot-loose and fancy-free!
xxx
ps d'ya think that they will let me keep my vest on for my mammogram?
Please use plain text.
kimmie

Hi
Samantha - it sounds like an infection to me. I hope you feel better soon :smileyhappy:

Mazzalou - my hair is thicker apparently. Everywhere else is the same too although my eyelashes arent the same. I hope your mammogram goes well. As for the weather dont get me started, im sick of it now :smileysad:
Im okish, plodding on. Single, jobless but hey im here :smileyhappy:
Mandy your finger nails will improve x

Take Care ladies xx
Please use plain text.
mangochutney

Sorry Maralyn, my hair is as thick as it ever was!! Everybody keeps commenting on how thick it is! But me and my hairdresser both feel it is no thicker than before. I don't think it would be possible!!
Other body hair, however, is still not as it was, pre BC. Lashes are slightly better. I've been putting Vaseline on them every night. Eyebrows have a few sparse patches, which get pencilled in. Hair on legs and bikini line is much slower to grow back after waxing. Which is a bonus!!
My nails are still a bit rubbish, however. Especially my thumbs and index fingers. They split vertically, which is really annoying.

Good luck with your mammogram on 26th. Let us know how it goes.
Hope everyone else is ok.
lots of love
Mandy xxxx
Please use plain text.
Mazzalou

Just wondered if anybody else thinks that their hair is now thinner than before losing it to chemo? I had my last chemo in Sept 2011 and last herceptin in Sept 2012 and wondered how long before your head-hair assumes its pre-chemo state - if it ever will!
What's your verdict ladies?
How are you doing Kim?
2nd post chemo mammogram booked for Tuesday 26th of March - if I can bear to remove my clothes given the weather outside!!! Wish this blasted cold weather would go away as enough is enough!!!
Please use plain text.
truddles

Happy birthday Mazzalou! Hope you Had a great day!
Mandy, congrats too on your good results!
Samantha, sorry youve had trouble with your port, i never had one , but it certainly seems like youve got an infection, hence the presence of the clots in the first place. I dont know the average durability limits of these ports, do they only last a certain time? As Mazzalou says, you are amazing for having treatments all these years where we all just about coped with the 12 months of herceptin. It must be so draining at times, but as you say, keep positive and praying for the miracle of herceptin to continue its kick-ass on this cancer. Hope you feel much better soon, God bless .
xx
Please use plain text.