the breast cancer
support charity

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ceej

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

I can see we are all busy! I'm just updating on here as I can type more quickly :-)
Busy at work making people redundant and have just typed my own letter too. Not going to let it phase me as my priorities have certainly changed!! OH got the big contract in Hull so now he wants me to go live there and work for him - must admit I am tempted - no bills haha but then again how would my kids manage? that's what I worry about.
He's asked me to go up for a meeting with them on Thursday so he's had to pay for my train tickets as it's 3 days til pay day - I feel terrible that I couldnt pay my own way. Ho hum.
Went to GP last week with this ruddy neck ache - he's ordered an MRI as I did have one back in '96 or '97 but its not on the system - they told me then it was dislocated at some point and fused back together, so it will be good to have an update! I've spent so much on sports massages just to keep me going!
Anyway, daughter still looking for more hours in a nursery, son still at Barclays but still on emergency tax .
Nothing improves!!
Ceej

I can see we are all busy! I'm just updating on here as I can type more quickly :-)
Busy at work making people redundant and have just typed my own letter too. Not going to let it phase me as my priorities have certainly changed!! OH got the big contract in Hull so now he wants me to go live there and work for him - must admit I am tempted - no bills haha but then again how would my kids manage? that's what I worry about.
He's asked me to go up for a meeting with them on Thursday so he's had to pay for my train tickets as it's 3 days til pay day - I feel terrible that I couldnt pay my own way. Ho hum.
Went to GP last week with this ruddy neck ache - he's ordered an MRI as I did have one back in '96 or '97 but its not on the system - they told me then it was dislocated at some point and fused back together, so it will be good to have an update! I've spent so much on sports massages just to keep me going!
Anyway, daughter still looking for more hours in a nursery, son still at Barclays but still on emergency tax .
Nothing improves!!
Ceej

Im still around too :smileyhappy: sitting out in the sun with OH thanking my lucky stars xx
Patchit

Hi Lurker, just popping by again, its nice to see a post on our thread. A few of us met up last week for the day in London, lovely day, picnic in St James Park. I hope you are getting on ok and adjusting to life post-treatment, like the rest of us.
Best wishes to you
Joan xx
slamer

Hi 'Kittyqueen' I'm a 'lurker' but have been following you all since day one. I have you in my 'favourites' so pop in from time to time. Its good to see 'nothing much happening' as it means we're all hopefully going along nicely & getting on with life. Wishing you all well. x
Kittyqueen

BUMP......just in case anyone needs to find us xxxx
Patchit

Just popping in to say hello to any lurkers. Hoping everyone is doing ok and getting on with theri lives again, although I know that cancer is never far away from us, especially as we continue to go for hospital appointments and check-ups.
I hope Fitter (Pam) is getting along ok, and has had some good news since your last post.
We are having another meet up in London at the beginning of July, it will be great to see everyone again, and a couple of new faces. Hope we manage another get together later in the year when more of us might be able to make it.
Joan xxxx
megsmum

Hi claire i see you haven't joined us on Facebook yet, just look for Marvelous Marchies 2012 and click on friend request the girls are watching out for you xx
Patchit

Hi Clare

Its so lovely to hear from you and to hear that you are doing so well. If you go onto facebook and search for 'Marvellous Marchies 2012', and then you can send a request to join the group. Or if you want to pm me with your email address, we can invite you by email. Parsnip has given me this info, I dont have a clue myself!!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Joan xcxx
waiting_too

Hi All, I think its about time for an update !

Wishing you all well. Hoping everyone is managing to 'move on'. I do think of you all often and the tremendous support that we gave one another. Quite remarkable really.
I don't know about you but sometimes when I'm back in the thick of work arguing about deep-rooted problems in the office I find myself stopping in mid sentence and thinking 'did I imagine I had cancer?' 'How can I be back fighting these silly parochial battles, has nothing moved on'? I find I loose my temper and show my emotions more - which for me is a BIG thing. I like that new side of me. i take less flack now. On the other had I feel a rising frustration that I didn't fight 'the good fight' to then not make something more of my life. Do you feel that way too?
May in Rome means the breast cancer ‘race for the cure’. We did it again this year and it was lovely. There was the lady who had helped me when I was fist diagnosed, me and a lady whom I helped this year when she was diagnosed. The support chain… very nice. If women ruled the world. What different values would drive our lives, fuel our economy? Competition, survival of the fittest at the expense of the weakest. I’d like to think it would be different.
So cancer was part of our past. It may be part of our future. But for now, in my life, I’m healthy, happy and blessed.
I’m not on the facebook page can someone explain how to find it?
Great big squeeze to you all.
Clare
Patchit

Hello MM's
Not too much activity on here now! I hope everyone is ok, especially those we dont hear from on the fb page.
Ceej, sounds like you are as busy as ever! Are you keeping up with the running you were doing? I've made a start on going out walking more often, but am finding it hard to get back into it. Think it would be easier if the sun was out! We've booked up to do the Yorkshire Wolds Way in August so I will have to get some miles under my belt soon!
Beryl, hope you have had a lovely May. Your trip to Edinburgh sounded great, I hope you got some good weather. I guess your sister is over here now so I expect you are being kept busy entertaining. Did you get round to watching Mrs Browns Boys with her? What did she think?!
I've got to go for an ultrasound on my right armpit in a couple of weeks (mx side). I've got a swollen area there, dont think its anything suspicious as I think its been there for some time, but I just want to make doubly sure.
Jane, I'm just making do with my swim prosthesis now. I have 2, but think they both will be too light. I've bought a couple of strappy t shirts from amoena (expensive, but worth it). I did manage to get a couple form m&s, but they went back in the end as they were just too clingy and showed off my spare tyre too much!!
I'm off to bed now so take care everyone,hope you are all ok
Joan xxxx
Ceej

Hi all - ive been quiet - loads going on (as usual) will report in shortly :smileyhappy: thanks Jane - just done my boob massage and yes its getting there !
Hope everyone is ok - Pam (Fitter) how are you ?

hugs all
xx
Marie_67

Hello MM's.
BERYL I hope you had a lovely time in Edinburgh with your daughter, and I'm sure you are looking forward to the arrival of your sister, hopefully the weather may improve for her visit.
CARE N I hope you have had a lovely holiday in Rhodes, and that the lymphoedema wasn't a problem.
JOAN I think we are away at the same time in June, so far I have ordered 2 swimming prosthesis and have had to send them back as they were massive, so hoping the last one I ordered will be ok, hadn't expected it to be so difficult. Hope you managed to get some info re recon when you had your appointment.
CEEJ I hope that your lymphoedema is now under control, and that you have some lovely holidays planned. I hope your son has managed to get all his problems with his bikes sorted.
WOLSTY sorry to hear that you have got to have your recon sorted, hopefully then you will be well recovered to enjoy the summer (if we ever get one!!). I hope your daughter is doing ok.
CAROLE I hope you are recovering ok from your recon, and that you will take it easy when you go back to work. How is your little cat doing?
KQ I'm guessing you are counting down until the end of your Herceptin now, oh and the completion of the facilities for the chickens!!!!
BETTIE I hope that you have a good time at the BCC meeting, I to used to love the heat and sun but now can't cope with it in long spells, so will need to find lots of shady spots in Portugal.
DANI glad that you have dates for the final bit of your recon, then you can enjoy a lovely holiday. How is your FIL doing?
Take Care
Jane
XX
Bettie

Hi, yes I've returned to catch up on posts not on FB. Gabby, CareN & Beryl, all have lovely holidays. I'm craving Sun now epecially after the last few days. Its been beautiful. This staying out of the sun issue, is it a permanent thing or so many months after treatment? I cant stand the sun like I used to. I used to sunbathe for hours but get really uncomfortable now so sit in the shade with a big floppy hat and factor 50!
My little dog isnt too well. Her breathing is quite bad. I know she has a heart condition and she is 12 but it still really makes me very sad. I am just really keeping her quiet and spoiling her.
Off to Bristol next week for the forum testing. Looking forward to it.
No more news. Work is very busy so I'm just keeping my head down.
Sue xx
Wolsty

Happy birthday Beryl xx
Marie_67

Hello MM's ,
Gosh this time last year this thread was buzzing with activity, now it's so quiet, as I guess we are all moving along.
BERYL and GABBY hope you both have a lovely Birthday.
CARE N I'm sure you will have a fab holiday, Rhodes is one of the Greek I salnds that I haven't been to. Is it your arm that has the lymphoedema or the area around your WLE?
FITTER I hope you are doing ok and have got a treatment plan in place..
Love to All.
Jane.
XX
Care_N

Happy birthday Beryl, have a fabulous time! it sounds like you've got a good weekend of celebrating planned.
Joan I'm so impressed by your holiday plans, are you in training now? Good luck with it!
Jane well done on your walk.
I'm off on holiday on Tursday, we're going to Rhodes with all the children and their partners, I'm really looking forward to it.
i saw the lymphoedema nurse again this week and she gave me a sleeve for the flight, but I'm not sure whether to wear it, it's so difficult to get on and not very comfortable. She taught me some massage techniques and exercises that I will do though, and gave me a link to a website with lots of tips.
Pam, I hope you are ok, and treatment is going well.
hope everyone is doing well and look forward to seeing some of you in July.
love to all
Caren xx
berylS

Morning All, Just popped on to check-in but nothing much happening.

Joan - Iknow what you mean about knees and well done you for even thinking about doing such a walk!

Hope everyone is doing Ok out there and to let you know that I'm still thinking of you and send my best wishes.

It's my birthday today and we are out for drinks tonight and lunch tomorrow at Chinese Restaurant that only does a buffet on Sunday, which is so good and my choice for birthday celebration! That is not going to help the waistline but who cares tomorrow. This time last year I couldn't even think about it. How things have moved on for all of us.Take care my friends.

Love Beryl XX
Patchit

Hello ladies
Just poppin in to say hi to anyone lurking about! Hope that everyone is doing well now and getting lives back on track etc. I guess that is the case as its so quiet on here now, although still very active on our fb page.
Beryl, sorry your thumbs are no better. My knees are really giving me problems. GP thinks its osteo-arthritis, which I tend to agree with rather than se's of tamoxifen. I've had creaky knees for a long time now but its certainly got much worse and quite painful recently. I guess the Tam could have made it worse maybe. Hard to know what it would have been like anyway! Hope your weekend away with your daughter is lovely!
Pam, hope you have a treatment plan in place now and that things are more settled. xxx
We are planning a long distance walk at the end of the summer. We are going to do the Yorkshire Wolds Way which is 79 miles and runs from Hull to Filey. I need something to motivate me, so this is it!!
Take care MM's and big hug and love to you all
Joan xxx
berylS

Sorry I had to post my message before signing off because my curser wasn't working! Anyway, I do send all our MM's my verty best wishes and I think about you all quite often even though I'm not on here all the time. I also read the FB messages that come through so keeping up to date there as well.

Keep strong and take care. Love Beryl