the breast cancer
support charity

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JanB

Re: itchy skin while on herceptin

Hi Skelts,

This is very spooky. I have exactly the same problem, in the same place and have also had it for about 4 weeks. I hadn't connected it to herceptin. My last treatment(no.18)is due next week. I guess I'll hope it goes away after the treatment stops along with the rubbish nails and sore joints.

I actually wondered if it could be due to skin mets as they are quite common with the type of cancer I had but Onc had a look at my last clinic last week and he says no.

Come back and let us know if you find out what it is. Mine is def worse at night so might be a reaction to soap powder in my sheets. (I tuck them under my neck when I'm sleeping)

Jan xx

xwelcomex

Also on H but not experienced this...checked out the manufacturer's list of side effects and it's not mentioned there. I guess it could be all manner of things?

AlexD

Hi

I have been on herceptin and I have not experienced itchy skin. I could be related to something else.

Alex

Bboonie

bumping it up
I have had 14 herceptin, had some side effects but not itchy skin so sorry can't help

Marian

skelts

itchy skin while on herceptin

Hi everyone, i am very lucky so far, i have had secondary breast cancer on lung and for last three years now only having herceptin and really well. I just wondered if anyone else on herceptin has had itchy skin? i went to Dr and was given cream and anti histomine tablets for itchy shoulder blades but hasnt made much difference. Only had this itchy skin about 4wks? Dr said it wouldnt be connected to herceptin