the breast cancer
support charity

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blackspotk

Re: found the ibc section..:)

Erin

I remember both your posts well, as there are few of us with ibc. I am so sad for you and hope you can take comfort from the obvious love and support you gave each other.

Rest in peace Jo, my prayers to you both.

Sue

tillybob

Hi Erin, so sorry for your loss, Jo was taken from you too soon, my thoughts are with you at this sad time, RIP Jo.
Jean.

AndieT

Erin I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. This awful disease has claimed yet another young life. My heart reaches out to you at this very sad time

Andie xx

3network3

I'm very sorry to read this Erin, brought tears to my eyes, only six months, in her first post she sounded fairly positive.

Very sorry,

Christine x

Crabbit

Sorry to read this Erin, hugs. x

fudgeincornwal

thoughts are with you Erin so sorry to hear your sad news.

RevCat

Hi Erin,
I am so sorry to read this news - yet another young life snatched by this cruel disease. I vaguely remember when you first posted on the forum and I am sure beyond any shadow of doubt that Jo knew how much she meant to you.

I really hope that the funeral gives you the opportuity to celebrate Jo's life and to lay her to rest knowing that her suffering of the last few months is over.

You might - but only might - want to post on the 'in memory' thread as more people might look there.

My sincere condolences to you.

RIP Jo.

AnnaB_BCC

Sincere condolences Erin, from the Breast Cancer Care team

erinberin87

Hi everyone. My name is Erin and I am Jo's partner.
When Jo was diagnosed back in August I posted in these forums for support.

Unfortunately Jo passed away early Wednesday morning due to her metastatic IBC. (After only 6 months) Her lymph system had become so blocked that she struggle alot with Pleural Effusion and she just became so exhausted that she passed away in her sleep holding my hand in hospital.

I wanted to post here to let all of you who had chatted with Jo know.
And hopefully after her funeral, I'll be able to post a very detailed description of Jo's experience with the cancer. I know that every woman experiences cancer (especially IBC) very uniquely and just because some people may share similarities with Jo's case, doesn't necessarily mean they'll have the same result.

But I do hope that in sharing Jo's experience, we'll be able to shed some light on things that people may be dealing with. After all, that's how Jo found out information on HER cancer...was through these forums.

Thanks so much to all of you who were so wonderful and positive to us both through out this horrible time.
I'm so glad Jo isn't struggling anymore and is finally at peace getting plenty of rest.

Love and Blessings to all.
Erin
xxx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Mary and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will receive here shortly please feel free to call our helpline team where you can speak to someone in confidence, the lines are open 9-2 today and weekdays 9-5 on 0808 800 6000. We have published an information booklet about IBC which you may find helpful, you can order or download a copy here:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/inflammatory-breast-cancer-...

Best wishes
Lucy

Lucy_BCC

Posted on behalf of new user Mary:

Mary says on 23 Sep 2011 17:48

Hi My name is Mary and I am 66 years of age, I was given the awful news on Wednesday that I have IBC, I am terrified that I will not be able to survive. After diagnosis I had an ultrasound on my Lymph glands and although there were no lumps there was a"thickening" and the Doctor took a sample. I have attempted to contact the breast care team today for the result but no-one has called me back. Does anyone know what this "thickening" means? I would appreciate contact.

JanB

Hi Jo,

Another Scottish IBC survivor here. I was diagnosed in March 09, finished treatment in Dec 10. Only thing I have to add to the others is that my golden retriever was a godsend for me. He forced me to go out when I didn't feel like it. Especially after the worst of the treatment was over the exercise really helped my recovery. You've a bit to go before you get to that stage but he was also a great shoulder to cry on when my OH couldn't bear it. Home alone with the dog I could let go and he just lay his head on my lap and listened.

Good luck with your treatment.

Jan xx

norberte_1

post deleted

Feemac

Hi Jo,
Just wanted to come on and say Hi, I am 2 years past treatment now comfortably out the other side, I don't come on here as much now a days but I noticed you and Erin's posts and just wanted to say hello, been with my partner 13 years and she has been my rock...I honestly couldn't have got through all this without her and we sealed it all with our civil partnership in June..I know your head will be all over the place at the moment and I hope this forum will be of great support to both of you in the coming months....please feel free to PM me if there is anything you need to know, you mentioned living in Scotland, we do too..

take care
Fiona xxx

fudgeincornwal

Hi Jo

Another IBC girl here. Diagnosed March 2009. suspicious spot on liver on first CT scan, nothing since but on herceptin indefinately.Had the usual treatment and am now going through the final bits that go with recon - reduction of other boob to match and new nipple on 12th Sept. Am feeling pretty good about myself and looking forward.

Any questions please ask - feel free to PM. Although I don't come on here so often now - possibly because daughter has moved back in with us and has adopted my laptop!!! But will try and keep popping in when I can! Take care xxx

AndieT

Jo come on here as much as you want, there will always be someone to listen.

We had an old english sheepdog from when he was a puppy, and he certainly gave us many years of love and companionship. Those first few weeks and months are precious and they will certainly give you plenty to think about other than your own siituation.

Take care

Andie

stargazerlily

Have a lovely weekend with your puppy, puppies are just adorable and such fun. We have a black labrador who is two now, we had him since he was 7 weeks old and it was such fun and so rewarding.

xxx

jominks

thanks everyone!..i think i'll be on here quite a bit :smileyhappy:..will let you all know how it goes on Tuesday, will spend the weekend house training the new Puppy!..:smileyhappy: that will definitely keep me occupied xxx

Biff

Hi Jo
Welcome and as previously said this forum has been a godsend to me too, you can come on and ask any question at anytime and there will always be someone who has been through the same as you- good luck for next week
Lizz xx

tillybob

Hi Jo another IBC lady here , just completed 6Tax chemo , now waiting for surgery, full mastectomy,full node clearance then 3 weeks of rads,
on Herceptin indefinatley. Just had my CT scan results and the chemo has done a fantastic job , I have spread to lungs but the chemo has blasted all but one met and thats very small now, so all in all its been a tough few months but worthwhile .Keep your chin up you have a lovely supportive partner (read her post )its a new journey your embarking on but we get through it, the ladies on here are friendly and supportive , I don't know where I would be without them !! We are the ones who understand how you are feeling better than anyone else so any worries just ask.
Big hugs to you.
Jean